Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


David Gandy, my lover, talks about his “fat” past and being bullied

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 08:47 AM PDT

wenn5537667

Isn't my lover beautiful? His name is David Gandy, and he's one of the most successful models in the industry. He's British, and his voice is incredible, and Dolce & Gabbana are all over him for everything. He's like their official muse. He's only given a handful of extensive interviews over the years, and he usually strikes me as just an obscenely handsome guy who is pretty normal and down-to-earth in his personal life. He's straight, and he's had only a few relationships, and generally they seem to be with models, for what that's worth. He just hasn't met me yet. You may also know my lover because I feature him often on Hot Guy Friday - he's the gorgeous, beefy Matt Bomer-esque one.

Anyway, Mr. Gandy has granted an interview to The Telegraph (full piece here) and he's talking about his "fat" childhood and being bullied and… I just want to take him home with me. Sigh…

On having huge, half-naked billboards: ‘Some friends of mine who were over there sent me pictures on my phone,’ he says. ‘But if I had seen it I’m not sure how I would have felt. Probably nothing, to be honest. It’s a persona. It’s not really me. In life I don’t go around wearing just a pair of white pants - at least not on the number 14 bus down the Fulham Road.’

On being bigger than other male models: "Very early on I went to a casting for Dior and they asked me to try on a suit. I couldn’t even get one leg into the trousers, let alone put the jacket on. All the models were standing around going, ‘Hey, who’s the big guy?’ There was quite an unpleasant atmosphere there, quite intimidating. I remember thinking, ‘Are these guys appealing?’ They certainly weren’t appealing to me.'"

My lover is shy: Beneath his immaculate exterior he’s modest, even bashful, and says that the idea of being an object of desire makes him ‘want to hide under a chair… I’m not confident with women. I’m better than I was, but that’s not saying much. As a child I was pretty shy, and I’m not sure you ever lose that. It’s only in the past couple of years that I’ve been confident enough to go up and talk to a girl.’

On the strange life as a model: ‘At one stage I spent so much time on British Airways I was verging on being a steward. But it is a very strange life - Palm Springs one day, New York the next. It’s great, but it’s certainly not the life I ever expected for myself.’

On being bullied: ‘I got bullied quite a lot - partly because I was quite fat for a while, and partly because of the way I sounded.’ Gandy went to a comprehensive in Billericay, but hearing him speak you’d think he was a bit of a toff. ‘My parents didn’t come from wealthy backgrounds,’ he says. His father is a self-made entrepreneur. ‘But they did attach a lot of importance to the way you sounded.’

On being approached by women: ‘Women tend not to approach me. I’m not sure if they find me intimidating, but I’m probably quite pensive and I don’t necessarily look that approachable. Guys tend to be very wary. I think they expect me to believe my own hype and it’s quite difficult to convince them that I don’t.’

On being masculine in an effeminate industry: ‘I do think that when you’re advertising clothes, or a fragrance or whatever, it’s important that whoever the advertisement is aimed at should be able to relate to the person in it.’

He's single: When he’s in London Gandy lives in a flat in Fulham - alone. ‘Yeah, my bachelor pad,’ he says with a rueful laugh. ‘The trouble is, I don’t think it’s fair to ask someone to put up with the sort of life I have. When I’m in a relationship I like to dedicate myself to that person and I just don’t have time for that at the moment.’

On exercise and diet: ‘I do work hugely at my physical fitness. One day I’ll do my chest, the next my arms - that sort of thing. As for food, I have to watch that, too. When I’m doing a shoot for [the Dolce & Gabbana fragrance] Light Blue, I cut out all carbohydrates for a month beforehand, work out every day and drink protein shakes at God-knows-what hours of the day and night.’

How his parents feel: Although his parents found his supermodel status weird at first, they’re now his biggest fans. ‘My mum keeps everything I do; my dad doesn’t make a big thing of it. But my mum told me they were on holiday once in Slovenia and these women were talking about being so transfixed by a Light Blue poster that they almost crashed their car. My dad leaned over and told them, ‘That’s my son.”‘

On being normal: While Gandy has friends in the fashion world - he’s particularly close to Mario Testino - his best chums are people he’s known since childhood. ‘A lot of them have no interest in fashion. We go out and have fun and never talk about clothes.’ He grins and flicks fluff off his lapel. ‘So you see,’ he says, not at all convincingly, ‘I’m just a normal guy from Essex.’

[From The Telegraph]

Oh, Jesus, he's SINGLE!!! I'm buying my plane ticket right now. Must hunt down the Gandy. Honestly, though, he sounds really nice, doesn't he? Don't you approve of my lover? Doesn't he seem like he's actually a sweetheart? Sigh…

gandy2

28633, SANREMO, ITALY - Saturday February 21 2009. UK, USA, CANADIAN, AUSTRALIAN AND SOUTH AMERICAN USE ONLY: Dolce & Gabbana model David Gandy attends the 59th Canzone Festival in Sanremo. The model, who is originally from Britain, posed on a rooftop overlooking the charming Italian town. ©Clicphoto, PacificCoastNews.com ****** UK OFFICE: 131 557 7760/7761/7762 US OFFICE: 1 310 261 9676

gandy4

wenn2583371

gandy3

Gandy photos courtesy of WENN & Google Images.

Katie Holmes looks pretty, lucid, bumpy & happy on set with Adam Sandler

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 08:01 AM PDT

fp_5918102_holmes_katie_bel_101910

I'm in a difficult place - we have all of these new photos of Katie Holmes on the set of Jack & Jill, that film where Adam Sandler plays both Jack AND his sister Jill, and there really isn't any good Katie Holmes story to put with these photos. Shall I make something up? Here: is that a baby bump I spy? Or is that just her normal stomach? Honestly, Katie looks like she's lost some weight, and this is the best she's looked in months. No zombie eyes or crap-tastic fashion. Whoever decided to put Katie in this dress did good. It's slimming, and it doesn't look like a really expensive couture turd.

Should we talk about where Katie is in her career? She's playing second (third) fiddle to Adam Sandler and Adam Sandler’s hot tranny mess. Honestly, though, this is the kind of career I expected from her back on Dawson's Creek. The girl wasn't some shining gift to the profession of acting, although she's given up the chance at having a really solid career when she married Tom, and when she walked away from The Dark Knight. It seems like she's trying to get on some kind of better career track though, after years of wandering through such flops as Mad Money. She's got a handful of solid-looking projects already in the can - that horror film Don't Be Afraid of the Dark, and the Kennedy miniseries (where she plays Jackie) for the History Channel. So is Katie taking some tips from Nicole Kidman's new career plan? Rule 1: Make an Adam Sandler film. Rule 2: Stop looking and acting like a zombie. Wow… those rules really do apply to both of them!

I caption this photo, "Why Xenu, WHY?"

fp_5917939_holmes_katie_bel_101910

fp_5917682_holmes_katie_fp4_101910

fp_5918115_holmes_katie_bel_101910

Photos courtesy of Fame.

L&S: Angelina Jolie was cracked-out during a 2000 interview (video!)

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 07:20 AM PDT

wenn09557

Just a few hours ago, I wrote about the first excerpts from this week's Life & Style cover story - they got an interview with Angelina's old drug dealer in New York. I questioned the cover lines, which were all about a "video" that would OF COURSE lead to the destruction of Brangelina. Well, now Life & Style is clarifying a bit, although the story is still kind of crazy. The "video" that proves Angelina was cracked-out on cocaine and heroin, proving the dealer's story (never mind that Jolie has admitted to everything already)? Well, it's Jolie's appearance on Charlie Rose back in 2000. That's the video proof. That's the evidence that will destroy Brangelina!

Angelina Jolie may be a UN Goodwill Ambassador and mother of six now, but 10 years ago she got high before appearing on a talk show. In a new revelation, Angelina's former drug dealer, Franklin Meyer, opens up to Life & Style and reveals that the Hollywood icon used to do heroin and cocaine with him in his drug den at the Chelsea hotel and at her place in the Ansonia in New York City.

Meyer says the starlet was on drugs during her Jan. 14, 2000, appearance on a talk show.

“She was at my place. I was filming her and she’d taken coke,” Meyer tells Life & Style. “She went directly to do The Charlie Rose Show."

And his story certainly seems accurate. A 24-year-old Angelina went on the show to promote her new film Girl, Interrupted. During the interview, she’s shy and spacey, stumbles and stutters over her words, rambles on about her tattoos and is very fidgety. At one point during the interview, she becomes overly excited when discussing how hard it was to let go of her characters Gia, (from the film of the same name), and Lisa, in Girl, Interrupted, and apologizes as she accidentally hits the microphone hooked to her chest. And Angelina didn’t go home and sleep off her binge after she finished. Meyer says, “She did the show, then she came back over!”

[From Life & Style]

I put the video below - she does seem fidgety and like she's uncomfortable and perhaps on something. But it also reminds me of nearly every television interview from that time period - Angelina used to give notoriously bad television interviews, and it's an art she's had to learn over the years. Honestly, in this video, she seems like she baked, not coked up.

wenn09556

wenn69453

Photos of Jolie from 2000 and 2003, credit: WENN.

Helen Mirren & Bruce Willis look adorable together at UK premiere of ‘Red’

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 06:51 AM PDT

fp_5916644_barm_red_premiere_101910

Last night was the UK premiere of Red, and Helen Mirren, Brucce Willis and Mary-Louise Parker were all in London for the premiere. I'm only writing about this because Dame Helen and Bruce were so adorable together posing together on the red carpet. What is it about Helen? Whenever she poses with a man - of any age - on a red carpet, I find it so sexy, and I end up wondering why she's not having an affair with that dude. Bruce could totally give Russell Brand a run for his money - and Bruce looks up for a roll in the hay with Helen, maybe even more so than Brand. Russell is in India, preparing for his wedding to Katy Perry. Do you think he's looking at these photos and feeling a twinge?

I also love this one, of Bruce kneeling before Helen. I think he's picking up her earring or something, but it also seems like he's bowing down before the Queen, right?

101019h2_willis_b-gr_04

Here's a disturbing side note: Helen hasn't walked any red carpets with her husband in a couple of months. Yes, Helen and Taylor Hackford have been together for years and years, and they're not the kind of couple where you think "Oh, if they're not doing red carpets together, then I bet there's trouble in paradise!" Obviously, they've both been around long enough where I doubt Taylor really feels the need to always be on his lady's arm. But still… I do wonder. Trouble in paradise?

fp_5916643_barm_red_premiere_101910

101019h2_willis_b-gr_03

fp_5918798_stla_red_101910

101019h2_parker_b-gr_02

Photos courtesy of Bauer-Griffin and Fame.

Taylor Swift will only discuss John Mayer through song

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 06:32 AM PDT

people

Taylor Swift is the cover girl for this week's People Magazine, and the interview seems like it's just a promotional piece for her new album, and Swifty talking about how happy she is to be single. She might even mention John Mayer in the piece - but there are no quotes about him in People's excerpts thus far. Now, in yesterday's Taylor Swift story - about how she wrote a "F-ck you, Douchenozzle" song about John Mayer - I called Taylor an a–hole, and some of you got upset. Let me clarify: I still think she's an a–hole, and I'm not going to change my opinion. But I will say that I think she's an a–hole in the way that many, many 19-year-old girls are a–holes, and in the way that I was an a–hole when I was 19 (and still am, probably?).

I think I was disappointed with Swift's "Dear John" song because she strikes me as a smart young woman, and she should have been smart enough to not get involved with such an obvious douche as Mayer. It's not like she wasn't warned - EVERYONE warned her. She was even "dating" Mayer through that racist, homophobic, misogynistic Playboy douche explosion in the spring. She knew what she was getting into, and I'm not going to say "Oh, she was only 19 years old!" She knew what she was doing, and she boned him because she wanted to, because she didn't care about all of the neon signs pointing to the fact that Mayer is a massive tool. And when he lived up to his toolbox promise and dicked her over, she wrote a whiny little song about it, calling him out? Please. Stop mollycoddling Swifty. She's not a little girl-princess who will never be soiled - she's an a–hole, just the same as every other 19-year-old girl.

Taylor Swift does not like talking about her personal life. Singing about it is another story.

“I will say everything in my music,” says the 20-year-old country star. And the past two years of her life – a period that included failed relationships with Joe Jonas and Taylor Lautner (and, apparently, some drama with John Mayer) – gave her plenty of material for her emotionally charged new album Speak Now, out Oct. 25.

“There’s been extreme joy, extreme pain, extreme curveballs,” Swift tells PEOPLE in the new issue, available on newsstands Friday. “Sometimes when things impact you so intensely, it takes writing a song to get over them.”

Love, she says, keeps her at once confused and fascinated. But as much as guys inspire her music, Swift doesn’t obsess over her relationship status: “Being single is wonderful and I love it. I don’t ever have a morning where I wake up and say, ‘I really need to find a boyfriend today.’”

[From People]

At first it was kind of cute and funny that Swifty would call people out in songs, but it's starting to bug me. She's like a less talented Weird Al Yankovic. We get the references, Swifty! Stop naming names, lest you be called out on your own douchiness.

101020g5_swift_b_gr_03

People cover courtesy of CoverAwards. Additional photo courtesy of Bauer-Griffin.

Clive Owen wants to get the ladies all liquored up

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 06:01 AM PDT

clive_owen_003_wenn5558940

An open letter from the desk of Clive Owen:

Hello, ladies. It's been a while, I know. Wait… what's that? Can someone please get this woman off of me? She's humping my leg. There we go, sweetheart. On you go. Yes, I'll take your panties, thank you. Now, let's move on, shall we?

clive_owen_004_wenn5558941

So, yes, here I am in… where am I? Madrid. I'm not one of those dudes who show up for the opening of an envelope. I only attach my name to important things, like serious dramas, or a line of sparkly vibrators. Just kidding! Wow, that was an audible gasp! Anyway, this event in beautiful Madrid is for Chivas. If you want to get all liquored up and throw your panties at me, please, I beg you, get drunk of Chivas 12. The bottle was designed by a young male artist… here he is:

clive_owen_001_wenn5558938

Nice, right? I'm sure you're imagining the two of us kissing right now. You're imagining my hand grazing his thigh…yes, I know. Anway, you see, I support the arts. Especially when supporting the arts also means chicks are going to get all liquored up. No, I jest. I'm much too good for that. I want you to be sober for what I'm going to do to you. Ha! Got you again, didn't I?

clive_owen_002_wenn5558939

So I'm at this event, and I'm working my gorgeous little tuft of coal-black chest hair and giving my best "would you like the handcuffs?" look to the camera, and suddenly, they hand me this beautiful girl named Eugenia Silva.

clive_owen_006_wenn5558943

She's a Spanish model, and in some of these photos she's clutching me. Don't worry, that always happens. Women can't help it. I could ask to borrow a thousand dollars, and wind up in an orgy of supermodels. Of course I might be shooting Miss Silva my very special "Are you wearing panties?" look that I reserve for very special women. But that doesn't mean anything, and you should definitely NOT fly to Spain and hunt her down with an automatic weapon, okay? There's still plenty of Clive to go around, ladies.

clive_owen_005_wenn5558942

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Willow Smith says “Whip My Hair” is about being yourself, empowerment

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 06:01 AM PDT

willow_smith_1_wenn3056580

I was looking at these new photos of Willow Smith - out and about in New York yesterday with her adorable puppy - and I came to the startling realization: In my whole life, the culmination of everything I do and say, all of it will never amount to the coolness radiating for 9-year-old Willow Smith. I know many of you think that she's a poseur or she's too young, but you've got to admit - she's really, really cool for a 9-year-old, right? And check it out - her hair is even different. She's already moved on from the "skunk" hair. Lady Gaga and Rihanna, take notes. Even her puppy is radiating a "I'm too good for this patch of grass" vibe! Anyway, just a thought.

Since Willow's music video for "Whip My Hair" came out a few days ago, Willow has been giving interviews and it seems like her parents are letting her do her own thing, and speak without a filter. When being interviewed on the radio, Willow discussed her feelings about Lady Gaga (I feel another "mothership" reference coming): "[Somebody] I would really want to work with on a song would be Lady Gaga… She is amazing! She's just so amazing, she's a free person. She's a free girl, baby." Willow also talked clothes: "Sometimes I put my own stuff in it. I mix up the outfits too. My mom puts together outfits and I can pick which one I want to wear." MOM! Additionally, Willow talked in greater detail about the "Whip My Hair" video to MTV… I also put the video up again!

Willow Smith had a little help from her friends on the set of the video for “Whip My Hair.” In the clip, which premiered Monday, Roc Nation’s latest signee, joined by her crew of pint-size girls, turns a drab classroom into a kaleidoscope of color with a few energetic flicks of her paint-dipped braids.

“Having my Warriorettes there, my best friends caring — Jade, Angel Punky, they’re just all my best friends — and my family there just made it even better,” Willow told MTV News about the shoot when she stopped by Tuesday (October 19).

“Me and my friends were touching the oranges, ’cause they were, like, real oranges but they were spray-painted,” she said. “It was gooey,” she added, turning up her nose at the recollection.

The 9-year-old progeny of A-list actors Will and Jada Pinkett Smith explained that her BFFs are her Warriorettes, a supportive team that fully subscribes to the ethos espoused by her smash single “Whip My Hair.” The outgoing tween, who describes her style as “schoolgirl-meets-punk rock,” also opened up about the significance of the track.

“‘Whip My Hair’ means don’t be afraid to be yourself,” Smith explained, “and don’t let anybody tell you that that’s wrong. Because the best thing is you.”

A sampling of the lyrics bear that out: “We turn our back and whip our hair/ And just shake ‘em off, shake ‘em off, shake ‘em off/ Don’t let haters keep me off my grind/ Keep my head up/ I know I’ll be fine.”

As for filming last month in Los Angeles, Willow, a girl firmly on her grind, said she “liked it” but admitted it could be intense at times.

“It was a long day. … It was hard sometimes, but, like, if you have a commitment to that, you have to stick with it,” Willow said.

Clad in circus pants, a military blazer and a Lady Gaga brooch, the upstart artist turned serious for a moment. “And it’s not because I have to, it’s because I want it,” she said of her percolating music career. “Most people, if they don’t want it, they’ll just be like, ‘Oh well, I can do that tomorrow’ — is that what’s called procrastinating?” she added with a grin.

[From MTV]

So now we know the feminist, girl-power message of "Whip My Hair". Now you can move forward with your life with that knowledge, right?

46351, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Tuesday October 19, 2010. Willow Smith struts down the street as she leaves her hotel in NYC with a helper holding onto her dog. Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

46351, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Tuesday October 19, 2010. Willow Smith struts down the street as she leaves her hotel in NYC with a helper holding onto her dog. Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

46351, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Tuesday October 19, 2010. Willow Smith struts down the street as she leaves her hotel in NYC with a helper holding onto her dog. Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

46348, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Tuesday October 19, 2010. Whip My Hair singer Willow Smith rocks red striped pants and studded lumberjack boots as she leaves her hotel in NYC. The pint sized 9-year-old and daughter of Will Smith just released the music video for her hit single Whip My Hair. Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

Beyonce is pregnant, say Us Weekly’s sources

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 05:39 AM PDT

wenn2914849

Take the news with a grain of salt, but Us Weekly's sources are claiming that Beyonce and Jay-Z are expecting their first child together. If I had a nickel for every random "Bey is preggers" rumor, I'd have… like, 30 cents. There are at least two big rumors every year, and I remember earlier this year, the urban blogs were claiming that it was a sure thing and it wasn't. Beyonce also gave yet another interview back in August where she seemed to be saying that she wasn't going to get pregnant until she felt the time was right, and the time was NOT right.

Beyonce Knowles better brush up on her lullabies. The 29-year-old singer is pregnant with her first child, the new Us Weekly reports. Despite the happy news, no one was more surprised than the singer herself.

“B was shocked. She loves kids, but she wasn’t ready to be a mother just yet,” says a source of the singer, who married rapper Jay-Z in 2008. “She really wanted to get her album done and tour the world again.”

Still, another insider says that the singer, who is in her first trimester, realizes that “this is a gift from God and she’s so happy.”

Friends of the couple are already expressing their well-wishes for the parents-to-be.

“Jay has been all about family since I met him, and he’s always going to be,” record executive Kevin Liles, who has known the rapper for years, tells Us. “I wish them the best.”

Knowles’ sister Solange — and mom to Julez, 6 — agrees.

“She’s got the most beautiful heart,” she tells Us of her big sis. “She’ll be a great mom.”

For more baby details — including the celeb pals already lining up to baby-sit; how Knowles plans to juggle a baby and a career; and why Jay-Z persuaded his wife to try for a family sooner — pick up the new Us Weekly today.

[From Us Weekly]

That one line makes me wonder if this is true: "She loves kids, but she wasn’t ready to be a mother just yet. She really wanted to get her album done and tour the world again." That sounds right, doesn't it? Bey isn't ready to be a mom because she wants to spend several more years focusing solely on her career. But if she is pregnant, yeah, I can see her keeping the baby and changing her tune. We'll see.

wenn5540515

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Life & Style: Angelina Jolie’s former drug dealer “speaks out”

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 05:20 AM PDT

1044finalcover

If you want my opinion, Life & Style got a half-way decent "scandalous" story about Angelina Jolie, and they ruined it with an over-the-top cover. The story is simple enough - they got an interview with Angelina's old Manhattan dealer, back when she was snorting everything in sight, circa 1997. That's 13 years ago, by the way. You know what I was doing in 1997? I don't remember, because I got stoned like every day that year. Anyhoodle, Angelina used to snort cocaine and… heroin…? And her dealer made house calls (so did mine, it's kind of awesome). And back then, Angelina decorated her apartment with photos of dead bodies… and she was even obsessed with adopting, even back then. Now, I have no idea what any of this has to do with "ZOMG The Video That Will End Brangelina Forever!!!!!"

For the first time ever, Angelina Jolie’s former drug dealer, Franklin Meyer, is speaking out exclusively to Life & Style about the actress’ past drug use. Among the shocking secrets Meyer shares only with Life & Style – on newsstands now – he reveals Angelina frequently used both heroin and cocaine in front of him.

“We’d see each other two to three times a week when she was in town. She would buy cocaine and also heroin,” Meyer tells Life & Style, who first met Angelina in February 1997, when she and a male friend came to buy drugs from him at NYC’s Chelsea Hotel. She was just 21, and soon became a regular. "She would generally spend about $100 each time — that would buy maybe half a gram of coke and a 10th of a gram of heroin. She would snort the cocaine and the heroin in front of me. It didn't seem to matter to her who else was there."

Occasionally, he says, he would even go to her apartment in the Ansonia building on Manhattan’s Upper West Side, and she would do drugs there. When he first saw her place, he got a shock: The walls of her apartment were covered with photos of dead bodies! "I assumed they were real bodies. They were like places or apartments where there were murders. I don't know where someone would get pictures like that."

But Meyer says the most bizarre thing about Angelina was that she was obsessed, even then, with adopting a child. "She would say to me, 'I think I would really like to adopt a kid.' I was shocked…. In the middle of the drugs and the knives, she'd be talking about wanting to adopt a child," Franklin tells Life & Style.

[From Life & Style]

I mean… is this scandalous? Eh. I can only imagine what my old dealer would say about me. That is, if he remembers me. He was pretty high too. He was like an Asian version of James Franco's character in Pineapple Express. Plus, it was 13 YEARS ago, and Angelina has talked about her former drug usage plenty of times, and she's also talked about her obsession with death and how she always knew she wanted to adopt. Eh.

In additional Jolie news, James Cameron is talking about her! Cameron is likely going to executive produce and maybe even direct that new Cleopatra movie, the author claims she wrote with Angelina in mind. Apparently, it's going to be 3D? Cameron tells the NYT: "There’s a Cleopatra project in works, meaning that it’s been in development at Sony. And it’s a subject that’s always fascinated me… But it sounds hot, doesn’t it? I mean, Angelina Jolie and Cleopatra? To me, that’s like a slam dunk. Whether I wind up doing it or not, I think it’s going to be a great project.” Of course, nothing has been written or signed or anything, so God knows what will happen. If Jolie does end up doing it, though, it will be very interesting to see who plays Caesar and who plays Marc Antony. Is it wrong that I'm hoping Clive Owen's name is in the mix? Sweet Jesus.

Aug. 18, 2010 - Hollywood, California, U.S. - Angelina Jolie .attends the German premiere for the new film ''Salt'' .at Cinestar Theatre, Sony Center,Berlin Germany. 08-18-2010& xA; 2010& xA;K66140AM. © Red Carpet Pictures

U.S. actress Angelina Jolie poses during a photocall to promote her new movie Salt in Berlin, August 18, 2010. REUTERS/Thomas Peter (GERMANY - Tags: ENTERTAINMENT HEADSHOT)

Christina Hendricks denies that she’s dieting to lose weight

Posted: 20 Oct 2010 03:25 AM PDT

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 15: Actress Christina Hendricks attends the Universal Pictures' film premiere 'Devil' at The London West Hollywood on September 15, 2010 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)
Spoiler for MadMen season four finale below
Earlier this week we heard a rumor from the British press that ginger beauty Christina Hendricks was about to cut down her trademark curves by dieting to lose 35 pounds. The Daily Mail quoted a “source” who had specific details of her alleged diet and motivation to lose weight. They said “Christina has got sick of all the talk of her being the curviest woman in Hollywood. For her it basically meant she was being called fat. Now she's gone against everything she believed in before by going on the first diet of her life. Christina's cut out carbs, and alcohol, although she's not a big drinker. She's eating fish oil to break down fat and pak choi and edamame nearly every meal. She hopes the first stone will fall off in the next month or so.” I’ve never heard of that pak choi and edamame diet and apparently neither has Hendricks. She told Hollywood Life at an event that she’s perfectly happy with her gorgeous figure and isn’t on a diet at all.

Chloe and I had been so upset about the Daily Mail's two-day report that curvaceous Christina was planning to start the first diet of her life- to drop 35 lbs!

"I'm completely happy with my body, I'm not dropping 35 lbs!", Christina told Chloe, who just had to ask her about the report. Hendricks, 35, was genuinely shocked- she hadn't read the story- and gave Chloe a hug, thrilled that we'd be setting the record striaight!

The actress, with her red hair, was unmistakable at the small party in the Club Room of the Soho Grand Hotel. The premiere itself was hosted by the Cinema Society & Everlon Diamond Knot Collection.

She couldn't have been sweeter! Hooray for Christina and her curves, which are here to stay!

[From Hollywood Life]

This just goes to show that the UK is behind the US when it comes to the latest episodes of Mad Men. Our UK visitors can correct me if I’m wrong, but according to TVGuide.co.uk, BBC4 is currently airing episode seven out of 13 episodes for Mad Men this season. There’s a massive spoiler to follow so please stop reading now if you’re a Mad Men fan and haven’t yet seen this season’s finale. We learned in the last episode that Christina’s character, Joan Holloway, is pregnant. (We previously thought she aborted the baby, which is her lover Roger Sterlings, but found out that she kept it and is trying to pass it off as her husband’s, who is serving in Vietnam.) So based on her character in Mad Men, it’s highly unlikely that Hendricks would chose to lose weight at this point anyway. Plus we’ve heard from Hendrick’s costar January Jones that producers tell the female actresses specifically not to diet or lose weight so that they’ll look authentic. That warning seems to have been lost on Elizabeth Moss, but I’m sure they wouldn’t want Hendricks to lose weight, especially when her famously curvy character is supposed to be pregnant.

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 15: Actor Geoffrey Arend (L) and actress Christina Hendricks attend the Universal Pictures' film premiere 'Devil' at The London West Hollywood on September 15, 2010 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Frederick M. Brown/Getty Images)

Mad Men photos via Madmen.wikia.com

hendricksfooter

hendricksfooter2

hendricksfooter3

No comments:

Post a Comment