Saturday, September 7, 2013

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Kerry Washington Gets FAB For Project Runway Fashion Show, Solange & More Hit The Shows

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 07:49 PM PDT

 photo KerryWashingtonMBFWProjectRunwayShowOhvjRb2RN5Yl_zpse8a4eb63.jpg

Kerry Washington jetted to NYC after filming "Scandal" in L.A. today for NYFW.  The red carpet darling was front and center at the Project Runway fashion show.  Check out her fab look inside, plus Solange and others hitting the front rows...

 

 photo KerryWashingtonKerryWashingtonSmilesFashionDXj_36P5yvtl_zpseb55c4c3.jpg

Before taking in the Project Runway fashion show where the final designers secretly showoff their collection, TV star Kerry Washington made her way into the Lincoln Center rocking this satiny floral cocktail dress from the Stella McCartney Resort 2014 collection.  And we love it, and her Casadei 8593 pumps.

 photo KerryWashingtonMBFWFrontRowProjectRunway9XZMSZd8yxPl_zpsb1ea16f4.jpg

 photo KerryWashingtonMBFWProjectRunwayShowOZ7tA1g2s7al_zps4003f3c6.jpg

Hate a brown lipliner against a nude lip though.  But for the girl who's rocking the brand new cover of GLAMOUR mag, anything goes.

 photo KerryWashingtonMBFWFrontRowProjectRunwayl6KE4tk686gl_zps5fbeec12.jpg

The newlywed sat front row with Project Runway judges Nina Garcia, Zac Posen and host Heidi Klum.  And she also hit the runway with them as well.

 photo solangefw_zpsa18c22a3.jpg

Also spotted arriving to Lincoln Center today for the shows was fashion princess Solange Knowles.  Rocking what she rocks best--a print on print look that shows off her gams, and an eye catching shoe.

 photo SolangeKnowlesMBFWBackstageNoonNoorViZjcIRU9-xl_zpsd9e819d9.jpg

Absolutely adoring this look Solo rocked for the Noon By Noor Spring 2014 show alongside DJ Leigh Lezark.

 

 photo SolangeKnowlesMBFWFrontRowNoonNoorVaTxzi43ZaKl_zps40a43662.jpg

 photo SolangeKnowlesMBFWFrontRowNoonNoor2kNV3Or1jC7l_zpsdd7b1b0f.jpg

Perfection as always.

 photo ProjectRunwayFrontRowMercedesBenzFashionK8EqDDHphXgl_zps5705f8eb.jpg

June Ambrose brought her polka dots and plaid pumps to the front row of the GBK & Sparkling Resort Fashionable Lounge during Mercedes-Benz Fashion Week today.

 photo JuneAmbroseMBFWGBKBSparklingResortLoungesCkOyBJ_hpil_zpsde8d7fed.jpg  photo JuneAmbroseMBFWGBKBSparklingResortLoungezGZxBHTEuGTl_zpsf1f91630.jpg

She brought her daughter Summer Chamblin along for the fabness and posed it up with her good & equally well dressed friend Jay Manuel.

 photo VanessaWilliamsMBFWFrontRowCarmenMarcaMNP2oG7uLll_zpse445a1bc.jpg

 photo VanessaWilliamsMBFWBackstageCarmenMarcWvm6XRoEknEl_zps27c53b36.jpg 

And one of our fave fabulous actresses, Trip To Bountiful star Vanessa Williams, hit up the Carmen Marc Valvo show in a classic look by the designer.  Always flawless.

 

Photos: Wireimage

BRAWLIN': Did "RHOA" Star Apollo Nida PUT THEM PAWS On Kenya Moore's Assistant!?

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 05:09 PM PDT

 photo brandssf.png

Sources from from the set of "RHOA" are saying that Phaedra Parks' husband, Apollo Nida, was involved in a brawl with Kenya Moore's assistant Brandon DeShazer.  Find out what allegedly happened inside...

As the ladies of "RHOA" film their next season 6 , it seems like the supporting castmembers and their drama will be getting some serious airtime.

According to TMZ, a fight broke out on the set between "Real Housewives of Atlanta" cast member Kenya Moore's assistant Brandon DeShazer and Phaedra Parks' husband Apollo Nida.

Witnesses say a heated argument quickly escalated into a full on brawl because Apollo blamed Brandon for the failed business partnership between Kenya and Phaedra (remember the Stallion Booty vs. Donkey Booty duel?).

While none of the ladies have gone on record with what happened (for fear of Andy Cohen's wrath?), Apollo told TMZ he was not the aggressor and that he was forced to defend himself.

We reached out to Kenya for comment and she told us, "I can't comment on it." Maybe we'll see it all for ourselves soon.

Allegedly, the brawl was caught on tape.

Stay tuned.....
 

 

 

Photos via Twitter/WENN/Getty

This Is STILL Dragging On? Michelle Williams Offers to Have "Woman-To-Woman" With Keyshia Cole, Keyshia AGREES (Kinda)

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 04:13 PM PDT

 photo ScreenShot2013-09-06at105753PM_zpse90a09f3.png

Michelle Williams and Keyshia Cole may have a "woman-to-woman" sit down so they may put the drama of KC's Super Bowl 2013 comments behind them.  See who extended the olive branch inside.....

 

Remember when Keyshia Cole dared to criticize Michelle Williams' performance during Beyonce's 2013 Super Bowl show?  In case you don't, Black Twitter LET HER HAVE IT!  Some people even joked that Keyshia was blacklisting her own career for speaking out negatively against her peers.

Although months have passed, folks are still asking Michelle for her opinion.  During a recent interview with Philly's Hot 107.9, the "If We Had Your Eyes" singer was asked about the comments.  But instead of hold a grudge, Michelle revealed that she was a fan and offered to sit down with  Keyshia.  She said, 

"I can’t wait to see her [Keyshia Cole] in person so we can really try to talk and say “hey what happened?” Cuz I will say this, I was a major fan of hers. That’s my first time even saying that. I understood her story… was rooting for her. I have a little sister that’s adopted. My little sister’s mother was a crack addict. My little sister was born ith crack cocaine in her system, so when I see somebody like Keyshia Cole who is defying the odds, doing her thing and taking care of her family, she was somebody I was rooting for!”

Michelle added that she NEVER tweeted anything negative about Keyshia.

"I don’t even do Twitter beef. I didn’t tweet that. It didn’t come from my account. I can copy and paste a tweet and make it seem like it came from your account and millions of people are retweeting it. Here’s the thing, I don’t delete tweets."

 

Once Keyshia's fans told her about Michelle's interview, Keyshia agreed to meet with Michelle.  

 photo tweetsffee.png

 

Though you can still detect a little "shade" in both ladies' comments, at least they're willing to sit down and talk.  About this nonexistent issue. 

But...As long as their hearts are in the right place, they'll be able to work through it. But do us a favor....no "in studio" collaborations.  We don't see your voices blending well......

 

Photo via WENN

Tamar Braxton Gets Maternal For September 2013 EBONY Cover...And Baby Logan Gets His First COVER SHOT!

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 03:01 PM PDT

 photo 1234846_635228166509389_568751259_n_zpsefa9b9e1.jpg

Tamar Braxton toned down the makeup, lashes and wiggery for her brand new cover of the September 2013 issue of EBONY Magazine.  The new mom put a different face forward as she holds her baby boy Logan on the cover--and it's lash-free, understated, and is framed with darker hair.

 

Check out her cover and everything she revealed about her abusive past, controlling her pregnancy bod, and why she really loves her hubby Vince....

Tamar isn't focused on fashion for the September issue of EBONY--even though most mags would--but instead, she focused on her newest love.  her baby boy Logan Vincent Herbert.

EBONY got deep with the diva, singer, author and reality star about the things we hear her say, but tend to get glossed over.  So what's really up with the alleged plastic surgery, her abusive relationship and why she really fell in love with her husband?

Here are the higlights...

On not giving into pregnancy cravings to keep her pregnancy bod right

“He’s like, ‘Nope. Don't do it. You're gonna be mad.” Vince chimes in, “Even before the pregnancy, she was very conscious about her weight, so I'm just helping her to be a better person.”

On surviving two past abusive relationships-including one where she was yanked out of her apartment by her hair:

I almost had to tell my story to each individual and then I decided that’s not what I’m going to do. I can’t make anybody believe, I can’t change anybody’s mind about anything. (The abuse,) it happened. I’m not all the way comfortable with sharing a lot of what happened to me (yet), but what I said was true. When I’m ready to talk about my abusive past I will, I’m sorry that I’m not. But if it wasn’t for (God), I wouldn’t be here.”

On how her abusive relationships affected her self esteem

“I haven’t always been vocal about my feelings, especially in a relationship. Now, I make sure that I’m very vocal about my feelings, everybody knows how I feel. Sometimes it’s over the top and most of the time it’s ‘Team Too-Much,’” she laughs, “But I have to do a lot. (I was) a shy person who had self-esteem issues trying to figure it out -- now, I’ve gotten over my hangovers. You say, I’m comfortable and confident, it took a long time to get there. Maybe like a year or so before Braxton Family Values, I wasn’t that person. I was faking it til I make it, pretty much.....

"I didn’t feel like I was beautiful. I didn’t feel like I deserved things. I didn’t feel like I could stand in a room and speak or even sing and have people who wanted to listen."
 

On her skin disease Vitiligo & rumors of her bleaching

Anybody with skin issues knows that that’s a very sensitive subject. And that’s why I’ve never shared that I have Vitiligo, because I do. I’ve always had it, since I was a young girl. It’s not as bad as others because everybody has it differently, but I’ve certainly had mine diagnosed. That’s why I tan. People say, “You bleach your skin!” But I tan just so I can have a better tone on my skin, boo!

It’s gotten worse since I’ve gotten pregnant. If you shake my hand now, to me it’s more noticeable. But when you get diagnosed with a skin disorder, it’s hard. It does weigh on your self-esteem. It really does. But I’m done defending that. I’m not bleaching my skin and if I was bleaching my skin and I felt like saying so, I would, but for the record, I am not.

On rumors of plastic surgery

"I don’t have plastic surgery. I never had plastic surgery. I had a nose procedure done because I had to. I had no cartilage in my nose, I have a piece of cartilage from my ear put into my nose. I had a medical procedure done. I have no plastic in my nose. And when I shared that with the world, now I have Botox, and different kind of fillers. Now I touch my face, which I never touch my face…Everything is real on me."
 

On why she fell in love with Vince

"The thing that I love the most about (Vincent) is that he’s helped me with accepting what happened to me and helped me realize that that’s not my make-up, (being abused) is not who I am, it hasn’t hindered who I am, it hasn’t stopped my integrity. I really appreciate him more and more everyday."

 

Catch "Tamar & Vince" every Thursday on WeTV.  What did you think of last night's premiere?

 

SPORTS: NY Knicks Ballers J. R. Smith SUSPENDED For 5 Games, "ALLEGEDLY" Busted For Smoking Weed! + Chad Ochocinco LANDS Job With CBS Sports!

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 01:02 PM PDT

 photo JRSmithIndianaPacersvNewYorkKnicksqlW1s74aDmIl.jpg

NY Knicks shooting guard J.R. Smith has been suspended for 5-games following a positive drug test.  Get the deets inside and find out about Chad Ochocinco heading back into the workforce....

Lamar Odom isn't the only NBA baller with high-profile drug issues.  Today, J.R. Smith, the heavily-tattooed shooting guard for the NY Knicks, was hit with a 5-game suspension for violating the NBA's anti-drug policy.  Though the league did not detail the nature of the "drug" use, Yahoo! Sports reported that J.R. tested positive for marijuana.

We're not defending him for breaking the rules, but it should be noted that J.R. had patellar tendon surgery and an arthroscopy for a tear to the lateral meniscus of his left knee in July.  That sounds like it might hurt.  Maybe the Tylenol the doctors prescribed him wasn't strong enough and he needed a little extra feel good?  Just giving this dude the benefit of the doubt....

As it stands now, J.R.-- who K.Michelle allegedly wrote her hoodtastic revenge track "The Right One" about -- was ALREADY expected to miss 12 to 16 weeks because of his injury, and his 5-game suspension will start once he's cleared to play again.

Ron Klempner, the acting executive director of the National Basketball Players Association, said

"There is a collectively-bargained process in place, established by the NBA and the Players Association, and until that process has played itself out, it would be inappropriate for the NBA or J.R. to make further statements about the matter. We all look forward to a resolution in due course."

During the offseason, J.R. signed a signed a three-year contract extension with the team worth $17 million.

 

In other sports news....

 photo chadosss.png

Chad Ochocinco has a new "paying" gig!  The last we heard, Chad lost his job as a Miami Dolphins player after he head-butted his ex-wife Evelyn Lozada.  But now, things are looking up for the former baller.

He recently tweeted about a new gig at CBS Sports.....

 photo chadtweet.png

Congrats Chad!

Photos via Getty/Chad Ochocinco's Instagram

Solange & Jessica White & More GET FAB For 3.1 Phillip Lim X Target & Lexus Fashion Week Events

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 10:30 AM PDT

 photo boom2_zps42eb470c.jpg

As New York's Fashion Week continues, we've spotted Solange Knowles, model Jessica White, and John Legend with Chrissy Teigen posing for pics.  See where the fab folks were inside....

 

 photo boom1_zps3826ffbb.jpg

Fashion maven Solange Knowles was spotted posing on the red carpet for the 3.1 Phillip Lim for Target Launch Party held at Spring Studio in New York City. She took a few flicks with actress Jessica Alba and designer Phillip Lim.

 photo boom3_zpsf6cda2f3.jpg

While on the red carpet, she spoke to VanityFair.com about how she chooses her outfits,

It’s grab and go, and it’s trial and error. With a lot of choices that I’ve made, I look back and say: You took it too far. But you learn over time what works for you. I’ll be honest, I look at photographs and I try to develop a sense of what works on the carpet versus what works on a show versus what works at a gallery event. It’s all about the environment, about the space that you’re in. Even if you have that confidence to rock whatever you want whenever you want, you want to be a bit appropriate. If I’m D.J.’ing, then I’m going to go completely wild and blend in with all of the artwork in the space. If it’s a more streamlined thing, then I try to be event-appropriate.

 

And at another NYFW event.....

 photo boom5_zps25eac7e4.jpg

Model Jessica White went braless for the Lexus Design Disrupted event in New York City.

 photo boom6_zpsb1cacdbe.jpg

The freespirited model has been showing TONS of skin at NYFW as we've seen her bosom, legs and arms at various events.  We see someone is very proud of their workout routine...and we're not mad!

 photo LexusDesignDisruptedFashionEventArrivalseD7KbcrUcIbl_zps219e1bf9.jpg

And you'll recall that she's still working on a reality show for the Style network!  

 

Also at the Lexus Design Disrupted Fashion Event........

 photo LexusDesignDisruptedFashionEventArrivalsDZsKcY_SFDLl_zps594ee0f3.jpg

Soon-to-be-wed power couple John Legend and Chrissy Teigen looked amazing on the red carpet.

 photo LexusDesignDisruptedFashionEventArrivalsUV4_AVzsB_Ol_zps6f539617.jpg

John is riding high on the charts with his Love In The Future disc and is prepping for an upcoming tour with Tamar Braxton (starting October 20).  

 



Photos via Taylor Hill/Getty Images North America/Jennifer Graylock/INFphoto.com /Kristin Callahan/ACE/INFphoto.com

FIRST PIC: Monica DELIVERS Laiyah Brown, Daddy & Baby Bonding Time!

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 09:47 AM PDT

 photo shannonbrownbaby.jpg

We have the first pic of Monica and Shannon Brown's baby girl Laiyah Brown...and its adorable!  See the photo inside.....

 

On Tuesday,  Monica delivered a healthy baby girl, Laiyah Brown, with her husband NBA star Shannon Brown.  Kobe Bryant's wife, Vanessa, broke the news on Instagram saying, "I am so honored to announce that baby Laiyah Brown has arrived! Mommy and baby are healthy and well. Congratulations @shannonbrown26 and @monicamylife! We love you guys and we can't wait to meet Laiyah! #6lbs 9/3/13."

Shannon followed up Instagram saying, "I THANK GOD for her!!! JOY has been restored in my LIFE!!!"

And now...we have the adorable father/daughter photo. Precious!  He looks like such a proud daddy.

Photo via Shannon Brown Instagram

 

 

RUMOR CONTROL: Sheree Whitfield Retraction -- Chateau Sheree IS NOT In Foreclosure!

Posted: 06 Sep 2013 09:12 AM PDT

 photo ScreenShot2013-09-06at113657AM_zps69ca0603.png

Reports about Sheree Whitfield's home going into foreclosure are false, Sheree Whitfield says.  Details inside....

Last month, we reported that other sites, one of which was Tamara Tattles, grabbed an exclusive about former "RHOA" star Sheree Whitfield's Chateau Sheree going into foreclosure. 

Sheree says via her lawyers today that the original report is completely false.  And that Chateau Sheree is NOT in foreclosure.

"Ms. Whitfield operates several business ventures and the gist of the republished statements was to falsely accuse my client of being unable to meet her financial commitments," Sheree's lawyer says.  "There is no question that these false statements were calculated to injure Ms. Whitfield in her professional position in the business community and that they are defamatory per se."

So, there you have it.

 

Photo: Sheree's IG

No comments:

Post a Comment