Saturday, June 9, 2012

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Draya Michele And Teyana Taylor COVER ""BLACK MEN" Magazine And Show Off Their T&A

Posted: 09 Jun 2012 10:00 AM PDT

Teyana Taylor and Draya Michele have dueling covers for the latest issue of BLACK MEN Magazine.  See them both inside....

On the cover of the latest issue of BLACK MEN, tv personality Draya Michele and rapper/singer Teyana Taylor wear "barely there" outfits and show off their hard bodies on the duel covers.  

Teyana also tweeted a few proofs from her photoshoot which featured a military theme.  Meanwhile, Draya has begun taping the second season of "BBW: LA."

 

SPOTTED: Tracey Edmonds & Deion Sanders ATTEND T.D. Jakes Anniversary Event

Posted: 09 Jun 2012 09:30 AM PDT

Whatever Tracey Edmonds and Deion Sanders have going on......is still going.  The "couple" recently tweeted pics from T.D. Jakes huge anniversary gala in Dallas.  See the pics inside.....

 

Pilar Sanders won't be pleased to find out that Tracey Edmonds is still going to social events with her estranged husband Deion Sanders.  Most recently, the couple attend a celebration in Dallas with Tracey tweeting, Celebrating @BishopJakes 35th Anniversary with @DeionSanders

Tracey also posed with Meagan Good saying, With @megangood at @bishopjakes celebration dinner.

 

And........

 

Tracey is also making the rounds at intimate family events.....and the kids don't seem to mind.  She went to Deion Jr's graduation last week and said, Celebrating @DeionSandersJr graduation today. Congrats 2 him @deionsanders & @carolynsanders.

 

I wonder is Pilar keeping score of all these "events" with her lawyer.

 

 

Transgender Model & Former "ANTM" Contestant Isis King LANDS American Apparel Campaign

Posted: 09 Jun 2012 08:55 AM PDT

Isis King, a transgender model and former "ANTM" contestant is one of the faces of American Apparel's latest ad campaign.  And is the first transgender model to rock out for thw company's print ads. Get the deets and pics inside.....

US based American Apparel has teamed up with GLAAD for a new line of quality tees for LGBT Pride Month. For the campaign, the company has hired former "ANTM" contestant and transgender model Isis King.

And making a purchase of the tees doubles as a good cause since 15% of all proceeds from the shirts benefits GLAAD's work to share stories that build support for equality. American Apparel employees will also join GLAAD staff in LGBT Pride marches across the country in Los Angeles, New York, and San Francisco.  

It’s time for everyone, regardless of sexual orientation or gender identity, to accept each other and thrive in harmony. We hope everyone comes out and joins us," said Marsha Brady, a creative director for American Apparel.

"American Apparel is showing bold leadership by being among just a few companies to include transgender people in its national ads,” said GLAAD President Herndon Graddick. “

Isis is featured in a series of shots featuring slogans that will hopefully foster more acceptance of the LGBT community.

Looking good Isis!  And congrats on opening doors.

 

 

The Randomness:

1.  Azealia Banks leaves Twitter.  Story.

First Lady Michelle Obama Makes A COLORBLOCKING STOP In VA

Posted: 09 Jun 2012 07:45 AM PDT

First Lady Michelle Obama made her way to a small local bakery, Mom's Apple Pie, in Occoquan, Virginia yesterday.  The fabulous Mrs. O. kept it colorful in a coloblock chic look of a pink pencil skirt and turquoise tank.  And she even watched on as a ittle girl played "Beethoven's Ode To Joy" on the violin for her.  Sweet!

 

Pics and video inside...

As the Obamas trot along the campaign trail, our First Lady gave a speech in Dale City, VA.  And she surprised bakery goers during a little pit stop for some goodies.  According to Daily Mail:

Owner Molly Glenn told website Potomac Local that she received a phone call at 1pm yesterday saying 'someone from D.C.' was coming.

As they rushed to clean the bakery, they received another call saying the visitor would be Mrs Obama.

'I was so happy, and she was, honestly, so sweet. She was very, very kind,' the owner said.

Mrs Obama was greeted by locals including the mayor of Occoquan. She asked how Sydney was doing at school and told her: 'You are on it!'

She then bought two pies from the small bakery, telling the owner: 'I will be killed if I don’t come out of here with pie.'

 

More pics:

The little violin player.  Awww.  And of course, mom got a pic too:

Check out video of First Lady Michelle's visit below.  Loves her!

Pics via AP

FIERY FACE OFF! Jada Pinkett Smith VS. Kimberly Chandler In VALENTINO

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 05:13 PM PDT

It's a fiery face-off!  Jada Pinkett Smith & NY Knicks baller Tyson Chandler's wife, Kimberly, both rocked different versions of the same red Valentino jumpsuit recently.

Decide who rocked it best inside....

Jada Pinkett Smith stepped out today in NYC in the short version of Valentino's Pre-Fall 2012 "Techno Couture" strapless sweetheart neckline & rosette detail jumper.  As she continued her Madagascar 3 promo and headed to the Capri Sun ‘Super V’ launch, the hard bodied actress showed off her gams in the modified version of the jumpsuit.  And paired her look with black ankle strap heels and bangles.

Accompanying her husband Tyson Chandler on the 2012 Met Ball red carpet last month, Kimberly Chandler rocked the original version of the red Valentino jumpsuit.  Mrs. C showed off her exposed neckline with a short natural curly 'do.  And paired her  hand-picked-by-Anna-Wintour jumpsuit with a pair of black Christian Louboutin sandals, long earrings & a black clutch.

Reality star Jennifer Williams also rocked the original long version for the recent "Basketball Wives 4" reunion.

So...

WHO RAN IT?!

HIS WORDS: Creflo Dollar Releases STATEMENT Regarding Alleged Assault & Arrest

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 05:06 PM PDT

Pastor Creflo Dollar released a statement about his arrest earlier today regarding his alleged assault on his 15-year-old daughter. Read it inside....

We told you earlier about the arrest of Creflo Dollar, Jr., the pastor of World Changers Church in College Park (outside of Atlanta). Now the leader is speaking out. He released a statement through his rep saying,

As a father I love my children and I always have their best interest at heart at all times, and I would never use my hand to ever cause bodily harm to my children. The facts in this case will be handled privately to further protect my children.  My family thanks you for your prayers and continued support.

His lawyer, Nikki G. Bonner, added, "My client will make no further comments as this is an ongoing criminal matter."

And there you have it.

DO WE LOVE IT?: Model Jessica White Becomes A RED HEAD

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 04:21 PM PDT

Maybelline model Jessica White just pulled a switch-up to her hair.  She dyed her hair red and seems pretty excited about it.  But...do we love it?

 

More pics inside...

Modelicious Jessica White--who turns 28 in just a couple weeks--was spotted heading to the airport today in NYC.  Just one night after tweeting pics of her new red hair, the previously black-haired free spirited chick tweeted:

Woke up, decided I wanted to go to London. Flight booked, up next a 7:30pm flight. #Thesinglelife gotta love it. Lol

Well isn't that nice.  Her new reddish hair was thrown into a wet and messy ponytail as she signed a few autographs for fans:

She tweeted the above pic saying, "Yea man! ima red head now!"

So...

DO WE LOVE IT?!

Source: Pacific Coast News

Jada Pinkett Smith DISHES On Willow's Album & Competing With Will + Lauryn Hill RESPONDS To Tax Problems

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 03:33 PM PDT

Busy actress and Madagascar 3 star Jada Pinkett Smith recently dished on her kiddies and how she and her husband refuse to compete at the box office.  Get the deets inside and find out about Lauryn Hill's response to the tax issues.

Jada Pinkett Smith opened up recently to HuffPost Black Voices about why Willow's album has yet to drop. And Jada said she and her hubby do not compete at the box office because they have to keep their family in tact.  Here are the highlights:

With the film's release just two weeks after the opening weekend of "Men In Black 3," have you and Will discussed the possibility of "Madagascar" topping "Men In Black" at the box office?

Oh no, never. You have to understand what it takes for us to exist as a family. It's like every success belongs to every single family member, because of what we do as a family to help one another and to support one another. So we're never in competition. "Men In Black" did really fantastically well, and that's what the summer's about. There's room for everybody.

As a family, are there any future plans for you all to star in a film?

We actually are. Will and I are trying to figure that out, right now. We're talking about us all starring in a film together. Will and I are definitely planning on working together in the next year. And of course, we're working on the "Annie" project with Willow. But we're just producing that. And then Jaden is finishing up a film with his dad now. But, as always, there's tons of creativity happening in the Smith family household. We're artists to the core.

 

Willow and I definitely talked about doing something, but not for "Annie." My music is like my freedom space. But Willow and I definitely talked about doing a collaboration. She really loves rock music, so she wants to come on and get crazy with me on a track. Which I would love, because she has a fantastic voice. But she has new music that's coming out this summer and she'll be jumping back on tour. So you can expect some new tracks coming from Willow and Jaden. And I think they're doing a tour this summer as well.

Are the forthcoming tracks off of her debut album or just singles?

Just singles. She definitely wants to put an album out, but we're trying to give her space to grow as an artist. Which is another reason why I adore Jay-Z, because he really understands that process. He's so artist friendly, and he has so much love and respect for Willow. And he's doing such a fantastic job being in partnership with us, in regards to her career and really helping her develop as an artist.

 

And in tax news........

Lauryn Hill has responded to issues surrounding her taxes.  Basically (during a very long winded statement today) Lauryn says she did not pay her taxes because she had "removed" herself from society and the oppressive aspects of the recording industry.  

Yes......she evaded her taxes because she had "removed" herself from the foolery and "dangers."  She doesn't specify what these "dangers" are.  In her statement, she says she conveyed this to authorities. 

Can you imagine Lauryn in one of her vintage trench coats and wigs sitting on a couch telling the IRS that she felt oppressed and just didn't have the mental strength to pull those taxes together for three years?

Read her statement (posted on Tumblr) here:   

For the past several years, I have remained what others would consider underground. I did this in order to build a community of people, like-minded in their desire for freedom and the right to pursue their goals and lives without being manipulated and controlled by a media protected military industrial complex with a completely different agenda. Having put the lives and needs of other people before my own for multiple years, and having made hundreds of millions of dollars for certain institutions, under complex and sometimes severe circumstances, I began to require growth and more equitable treatment, but was met with resistance. I entered into my craft full of optimism (which I still possess), but immediately saw the suppressive force with which the system attempts to maintain it’s control over a given paradigm. I’ve seen people promote addiction, use sabotage, black listing, media bullying and any other coercion technique they could, to prevent artists from knowing their true value, or exercising their full power. These devices of control, no matter how well intentioned (or not), can have a devastating outcome on the lives of people, especially creative types who must grow and exist within a certain environment and according to a certain pace, in order to live and create optimally.

I kept my life relatively simple, even after huge successes, but it became increasingly obvious that certain indulgences and privileges were expected to come at the expense of my free soul, free mind, and therefore my health and integrity. So I left a more mainstream and public life, in order to wean both myself, and my family, away from a lifestyle that required distortion and compromise as a means for maintaining it. During this critical healing time, there were very few people accessible to me who had not already been seduced or affected by this machine, and therefore who could be trusted to not try and influence or coerce me back into a dynamic of compromise. Individual growth was expected to take place unnaturally, or stagnated outright, subject to marketing and politics. Addressing critical issues like pop culture cannibalism or its manipulation of the young at the expense of everything, was frowned upon and discouraged by limiting funding, or denying it outright. When one has a prolific creative output like I did/do, and is then forced to stop, the effects can be dangerous both emotionally and psychologically, both for the artist and those in need of that resource. It was critically important that I find a suitable pathway within which to exist, without being distorted or economically strong-armed.

During this period of crisis, much was said about me, both slanted and inaccurate, by those who had become dependent on my creative force, yet unwilling to fully acknowledge the importance of my contribution, nor compensate me equitably for it. This was done in an effort to smear my public image, in order to directly affect my ability to earn independently of this system. It took a long time to locate and nurture a community of people strong enough to resist the incredibly unhealthy tide, and more importantly see through it. If I had not been able to make contact with, and establish this community, my life, safety and freedom, would have been directly affected as well as the lives, safety and freedom of my family. Failure to create a non toxic, non exploitative environment was not an option.

After a little more rambling, Lauryn basically gets to the reason she didn't pay taxes saying,

I conveyed all of this when questioned as to why I did not file taxes during this time period. Obviously, the danger I faced was not accepted as reasonable grounds for deferring my tax payments, as authorities, who despite being told all of this, still chose to pursue action against me, as opposed to finding an alternative solution.
My intention has always been to get this situation rectified.

When I was working consistently without being affected by the interferences mentioned above, I filed and paid my taxes. This only stopped when it was necessary to withdraw from society, in order to guarantee the safety and well-being of myself and my family.

As this, and other areas of issue are resolved and set straight, I am able to get back to doing what I should be doing, the way it should be done. This is part of that process. To those supporters who were told that I abandoned them, that is untrue. I abandoned greed, corruption, and compromise, never you, and never the artistic gifts and abilities that sustained me.”

Read the FULL statement here.  Oh L Boogie...

 

SPOTTED: Beyonce & Blue Ivy JET Out Of Paris With Papa Jay-Z...After The French Open

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 02:29 PM PDT

We see you Bey & BlueBeyonce was spotted making an undercover run for her Range Rover as she and Baby Blue Ivy hit the Paris airport with Papa Jay-Z today. 

 

Check the pics inside...

After Jay-Z stopped by the 2012 French Open to catch a match in the Men's singles semi-finals, the family of three made their way tot he airport to make their way to tonight's Watch The Throne tour stop in Dublin.  And to celebrate the homie Kanye West's birthday!

Of course B.I.C. was covered up head to toe while mom made a beeline for the car...underneath an umbrella...in a colorful outfit.  But Jay said Wassup to the cameras.

And earlier today at Tournoi de Roland-Garros:

Hov kept it semi-preppy at the French Open in a black tee and sweater tied around his shoulders with a hat to the back.  Fab tennis times.

Pics: Bauer Griffin/Pacific Coast News

OH: 19-Year-Old Singer Tiffany Evans REVEALS She's MARRIED And PREGNANT!

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 01:32 PM PDT

 

R&B singer Tiffany Evans is all grown up now and she's recently revealed that she's married and pregnant! Get the deets on her new life and new music inside....

 

"If You Love Me" singer Tiffany Evans has been pretty low-key since parting ways with Mathew Knowles, but she recently revealed to ESSENCE.com that's she's had a lot on her plate.  In addition to talking about a new album, she revealed she's been married for two years...and she's 6 months pregnant!  

During her chat, she also talked about her new music and revealed why she IS NOT in competition with Rihanna and Beyonce.  Here are the highlights:

ESSENCE.com: You've been quietly recording new music for a while now. Tell us about your new new EP, Take 1.
TIFFANY EVANS: Over the last two years, I've been growing and going through things like love. I don't want to say this EP is exposing, but it is to me. When I first came out I didn't write anything. My fans have never heard any music written by me. I thought it was important to do so this time around. I also thought it was important for me to experience life and go through things to write about them from a true place. I wanted this project to be organic. I had to take myself down a notch and go through love and write about it. The direction of Take 1 is very funky, very soulful, very R&B. It's womanly. It's me starting over. It's me reintroducing myself to everyone and finally establishing who I am as an artist. It's a real coming of age project for me. This EP was also the quickest way to give new music to my fans. I've been working on it all by myself, I feel like that chance now to really establish who I am music wise and who I am as an artist. This is that chance for me.

ESSENCE.com: How do you fight the need to compete against the Rihannas and the Beyoncés of the music industry?
EVANS: They are amazing artists and I respect them for their craft. But honestly, I do not focus on other female artists. Sometimes when you're looking at other people you can lose yourself. I just want make myself known for my fans. I just want them to know who I am. I don't want to compete with anyone. I want to push myself. You truly can't do that if you're competing with everyone else. I really want to be the greatest I can be.

ESSENCE.com: Who's your celebrity crush?
EVANS: Well… might I say, I don't have a celebrity crush considering I'm married! (giggles and laughs) No one knows. I've been married for two years. He is the love of my life and I love him very much. His name is Lorenzo. He's a really a cool guy and we're expecting something else as well – our first child together. I am six months pregnant. No one has seen me and I've been waiting the proper time to say something about it. I'm so happy and I'm so excited and I'm having a girl. It's so big and wonderful to me. It's an amazing experience and I wish guys could go through this. It's life changing.

 

A secret marriage at 17?  Oh...

Congrats all around!

D.B. Woodside DISHES On "Single Ladies," Says 'I'm GLAD That Stacey's Gone!'

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 12:24 PM PDT

Hottie actor D.B. Woodside recently dished about life on the set of VH1's "Single Ladies." And he had some nice things to say about the cast.  But not about Stacey Dash.  Find out why he says he raised a toast once Stacey got the boot from the show inside......

There were some big shake ups for season 2 of VH1's "Single Ladies."  And one of the scripted show's stars, actor DB Woodside, says things have been a lot better since Stacey Dash left the cast.   

The actor, who shares baby girl Dakota with actress Golden Brooks, told radio personality Egypt Sherrod,  

"Last year was very difficult at times to go to set with all that tension that was going on with Stacey. So I wish her well. I’m sure she’s off doing something else," he said.

So was Stacey really that much of a pain in the butt?

"Yes, she was. I don’t want to cause any trouble, but I, for one, am happy she’s gone. It’s a much better place to be. It’s a much better set.  I’m just going to keep it straight. I’m just going to keep it real. I am happy that she’s not there anymore."  

He continued,

"When I first heard that Stacey was leaving, I went out and celebrated and had some drinks."

Well damn......so what does he think about co-star LisaRaye?

"All I’ll say is this – is that LisaRaye is my girl. I love LisaRaye.  LisaRaye and I have always had a blast on the show; and all I’ll say is I’m Team LisaRaye."

And now with Stacey being replaced by Denise Vasi, D.B. says the cast is more harmonious.

"You know, I think for some people…for some of the fans…it’s going to take a minute to get used to the fact that we had to make that switch.  We love Denise! She’s fantastic; she’s talented; she’s gorgeous. She’s one of the nicest people that I’ve ever met in my life, and we just love her so."

 

 In other news, the sexy star recently tweeted some photos he shot for Essence magazine.

 

Looking good D.B.! 

PASTOR DID WHAT?! Megachurch Leader Creflo Dollar ARRESTED For Allegedly CHOKING & PUNCHING 15-Year-Old DAUGHTER!

Posted: 08 Jun 2012 11:12 AM PDT

Megachurch leader and uber rich (off the collection plate we allege) TV ministry personality, Creflo Dollar Jr., was arrested early this morning for allegedly choking his daughter and hitting her with a shoe. Get the deets inside......

 

Earlier today, Creflo Dollar's 15-year-old daughter found out the hard way that it's not a good idea to upset the saints!  Police were called to the Atlanta-area home of megachurch pastor Creflo Dollar & wife Taffy Dollar. in the wee hours of morning after his daughter claimed Creflo LAID HANDS on her.  And he wasn't doing a blessing.

According to the police report from the Fayette County Sheriff's Office, Creflo's daughter said she and her father began arguing over whether she could attend a party.  Apparently the ish got out of control and according to the report, Pastor Dollar choked her, then threw her to the ground, punched her and hit her with his shoe!  And if that just sounds unbelievable, Fayette County Sheriff's Office spokesman Lt. Brent Rowan says Creflo's other 19-year-old daughter backed up her version of the events!  The victim suffered "superficial injuries" and a scratch to her neck.

The pastor was booked into the county jail at 2 a.m. A judge set his bond at $5,000 during a hearing this morning.  And as he left the jail earlier today, Creflo told reporters, “Discipline my kid. Love ‘em.”  He added that he had no comment for his congregation. 

I'm sure there won't be an empty seat at Creflo's World Changers Church in College Park this Sunday.  It will be interesting to see pastor preach his way out of this one to his 30,000 members.  No sparing the rod and spoiling the child here....

No comments:

Post a Comment