Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Did Tom Cruise & Nicole Kidman refuse to speak to each other at a Globes party?

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 08:55 AM PST

wenn8192

While I want to believe Page Six's Christina Hendricks story with every fiber of my being, I'm kind of thinking that Page Six is pulling this Tom Cruise and Nicole Kidman story out of their ass. According to sources, at the post-Globes CAA party, Tom and Nicole totally avoided each other like they were in friggin' high school. Ugh.

Tom Cruise and ex-wife Nicole Kidman kept a safe distance from each other as they partied at the same Golden Globes bash. Cruise and wife Katie Holmes attended the Creative Artists Agency party at the Sunset Tower Hotel following the awards. Meanwhile, Kidman, who divorced Cruise in 2001, was across the intimate room with husband Keith Urban.

A spy said, “There was no drama, but nobody saw them have a conversation, either. Tom and Nicole stayed apart all night, but they must have seen each other. Everybody was mingling, but they kept their distance.”

Security was so tight that many CAA clients weren’t allowed in — even director David O. Russell had to wait in his car after being told he wasn’t on the list. Those who got in included Robert De Niro, Jane Fonda, Christina Aguilera, Anne Hathaway, Julianne Moore, Scarlett Johansson, Halle Berry, Oliver Stone, John Legend, Demi Moore and Jake Gyllenhaal.

[From Page Six]

I doubt this just because I doubt Tom Cruise was in town for the Globes - I think he's still filming Mission Impossible in Canada, last I heard. Considering he wasn't nominated for anything and he didn't present anything at the Globes, why would he fly into LA just for a CAA party? But I do believe that Nicole and Keith were at the CAA party - just the ticket after a three-hour awards ceremony. You want to kick back and schmooze and have a few drinks and not be with your three-week-old newborn baby. Look, I get why Nicole went - she was nominated, after all. But Keith just had to come with her? Why? Because his job is holding her hand in front of cameras, not bonding with their new baby that they just had to have and announce conveniently before the Oscar nominations.

In other "awkward, CAA" news, Life & Style is reporting that Scarlett Johansson and Sandra Bullock ran into each other at the same CAA party. Ooh, they got a confirmation from Bullock's rep too:

As if wearing strikingly similar gowns to the Golden Globes weren't awkward enough, Sandra Bullock and Scarlett Johansson came face-to-face for the first time since Sandra's very public New Year's Eve date with Scarlett's soon-to-be-ex Ryan Reynolds. Sandra's rep confirms to Life & Style that the ladies saw each other at a CAA-sponsored award show after party on Jan. 16 in LA.

The last time Scarlett and Sandra were spotted sharing the red carpet was at the 2010 MTV Movie Awards, where they shared a jaw-dropping kiss on stage. But that was before they shared a man.

"Scarlett and Sandra had dinner," an insider tells Life & Style of the actresses' run-in on Jan. 16. "They've always gotten along so Sandra explained exactly how she felt about the whole Ryan situation. She didn’t want anything to get in the way of their friendship. There is no awkwardness between Sandra and Scarlett."

[From Life & Style]

Sandra Bullock: Always A Girlfriend First. That's the message. And I'll buy it, too.

wenn3169958

wenn4175

wenn3170849

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Christina Hendricks smuggles diamonds in her cleavage. Of course.

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 08:25 AM PST

fp_6549462_rij_68th_golden_globes_100_123

I'm trying to come up with the appropriate title for Christina Hendricks, something that doesn't make her sound like her boobs are made of diamonds. Christina Hendricks: Diamond Boob-Smuggler. Christina Hendricks: Diamond Motorboat. Christina Hendricks: Cleavage worth nearly a $1 million. So, Page Six has this great story about Christina and her problem with a Chopard diamond bracelet, which she borrowed for the Golden Globes. The bracelet fell off during the red carpet or something, and then some other stuff happened, and Christina hid the bracelet IN HER CLEAVAGE for safe-keeping. Because her boobs are like Fort Knox.

Curvy “Mad Men” star Christina Hendricks lived through her own Golden Globes drama when she lost an $850,000 diamond bracelet on the red carpet. The voluptuous redhead was horrified to find out that after making it up the carpet Sunday at the Beverly Hilton, one of the two bracelets loaned by Chopard had slipped off. Inside the ballroom moments before the show started, the panicked actress asked us, “Have you seen a diamond bracelet? I’ve lost one that looks like this,” pointing at the one glittering bracelet left on her wrist.

As the stars were being urged to take their seats, Hendricks — wearing a figure-hugging red gown — then hurried out of the auditorium back onto the red carpet to look for the bauble.

Outside, an event worker had found it and handed it back to a relieved Hendricks. But once back at her table, she found she couldn’t get it back on due to a tricky clasp. So she decided to turn it over to her publicist, who was outside, for safekeeping.

But security blocked her as she tried to leave the auditorium, as no one is allowed in or out once the show starts. She begged, “Please let me out, I have to give my diamond bracelet to my publicist!” The guard watched wide-eyed as Hendricks pulled the bracelet out from her ample cleavage. He opened the door a crack and she passed the jewels through to her publicist outside.

A rep for Chopard confirmed Hendricks was wearing 200 carats of their diamonds at the show and a security guard was on hand to make sure nothing went missing. The jewels included a 49-carat emerald and Marquise-cut diamond bracelet set in platinum, and a 124-carat, pear-cut and fancy-shape diamond bracelet set in platinum.

The Chopard rep said the bracelet that fell off was the 124-carat one worth $850,000, and it was returned by her publicist. The rep added, “Whoever put it on her wrist may have not closed the safety clasp correctly. But both bracelets and her earrings were returned in perfect condition today.”

Hendricks’ rep didn’t get back to us.

[From Page Six]

I used to hide money in my bra when I would bar-crawl, alas, I no longer go out drinking like I did when I was 22. Big boobs can hide a lot - I think one time I even hid my house key down there. Never diamonds. Ah, to have a $850,000 diamond bracelet and to be able to rub it all over your boobs… must be nice.

wenn3170354

fp_6549464_rij_68th_golden_globes_102_123

Photos courtesy of WENN and Fame.

Angelina Jolie tried to adopt Justin Bieber, basically

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 07:52 AM PST

joliebieb

One of the very few things I like about Justin Bieber is his near obsession with dark women. I'm a dark woman myself, so I always appreciate when a man avoids the all-too-standard "Hollywood blonde" thing and has a serious brunette fetish. Bieber adores women with coloring like Selena Gomez, Kim Kardashian, and Halle Berry. He even name-checked Halle on the Golden Globes red carpet as the woman he most wanted to meet. The Bieb likes his girls dark. So what's he doing with Angelina Jolie?!? Yes, she's a brunette, but her skin is much too ivory for a boy who likes some chocolate in his milk. Easy joke: Angelina is trying to adopt The Bieb.

According to Us Weekly, one of the Bieb's friends snapped the photo of Jolie and Bieb, and it sounds more like he wanted to meet her:

Is Angie a Belieber? Angelina Jolie met fellow superstar Justin Bieber on the red carpet at Sunday’s Golden Globe Awards at the Beverly Hilton Hotel in Beverly Hills.

Bieber’s pal “jonmchu” posted a TwitPic of the big-time encounter the next day. Serene Jolie, 35, who wore a sequined green Versace gown, towered over Bieber, 16, wearing D&G and oversized 3D purple sunglasses.

The teen phenom was starstruck at his first-ever Globes. “Backstage at the Golden Globes,” Bieber Tweeted. “Everyone is here. This is nuts!!”

The singer name-checked a few of the A-listers. “Halle Berry was at my table. Badass…De Niro is the man…Yesterday was crazy. still kind of hard to believe who was in that room. Grateful!”

[From Us Weekly]

Do you think any of the Jolie-Pitt kids are into The Bieb? I can't see it. Are Zahara and Shiloh too young for Bieber (and pop music in general)? And I can't see Maddox and Pax (nor FAX) being into Bieber. In my mind, I see Maddox playing obscure French rap on his iPod. As for Pax… he seems like a books-on-tape kind of guy.

Also - The Bieb changed his hair. Discuss.

wenn3172539

wenn3170998

Photo courtesy of Twitter. Additional pics by WENN.

Jennifer Aniston in Allure: “The Rachel was the ugliest haircut I’ve ever seen”

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 07:31 AM PST

allure8

I had a small preview of Jennifer Aniston's February cover of Allure a few weeks ago, and Allure has now finally released some quotes and the photo shoot from the cover story. The Allure slideshow is here - I kind of hate the shoot. The whole thing is styled so that Aniston looks like a 1960s, frost-lipped Ann-Margaret/ Brigitte Bardot type, complete with beachy blonde highlights and little-girl accoutrements, like stuffed animals. Since some of you yell at me when I use the words "bangs trauma" I'll just say that I hate bangs on Aniston in general, and these particular uneven bangs on her specifically. In the interview, Aniston actually discusses her most famous hairstyle - and she's not very nice about all of those girls who got it:

Aniston on her bangs trauma, and "The Rachel": Allure creative director Paul Cavaco drew inspiration for Aniston’s shoot from a 1960s photograph of Brigitte Bardot. Hairstylist Chris McMillan used clip-in bangs to fully replicate the look. One hairstyle Aniston never wants to replicate? The Rachel. She told writer Danielle Pergament, “Let’s just say there have been moments I’d rather not relive, like that whole Rachel thing. I love Chris, and he’s the bane of my existence at the same time because he started that damn Rachel, which was not my best look. How do I say this? I think it was the ugliest haircut I’ve ever seen. What I really want to know is, how did that thing have legs?”

Aniston on giving herself a blow-out: Hairstylist McMillan gave Aniston a polished blowout with a round brush after prepping her hair with a mixture of volumizing mousse and smoothing oil. “[McMillan] thinks I’m a closet hairdresser,” said the actress. “I’ll take the hair-dryer right out of his hands. He’ll kill me for saying this, but I’ve surpassed him in that department: I’m faster with the blow-dryer.”

On being glammed up: Aniston’s style may be laid-back, but she’s willing to truly push the limits. “I’ve been glammed up; I’ve been glammed down, which is really more me,” says the actress. “I didn’t wear mascara in [my new movie] Just Go With It. It’s fun to transform a little bit—what do I have to lose?”

Aniston doesn't understand The Bachelor: “I was mesmerized by these girls, they meet this guy, they have three dates together or something, and they’re weeping as though they’ve just lost the love of their life. I don’t understand that.”

Aniston is not a foodie. “My friends and I were in Atlanta, and we went to this restaurant. My one friend is ordering, you know, sweetbreads with foie gras, the bone-marrow pasta, the buffalo tortellini, and I’m like, ‘This just doesn’t quite do it for me.’ You won’t see me ordering pheasant or rabbit. You know what I’ve just started to really love lately is Brussels sprouts. Usually, Brussels sprouts smell like feet to me. But these were sliced and sautéed and really yummy. I’m going to make that.”

On Clooney and NBC: The actress recalls the hey-dey of Friends and it’s fellow NBC juggernaut, ER. “Look at Baby George,” she says. “Baby Clooney. ER was right next door to us on the soundstage. That was really fun. I remember when we sued to do crossovers like that. See, NBC used to be really cool. Then, you know…”

On not taking herself seriously: “I’m actually comfortable in goofdom,” she tells the issue. “Not taking myself seriously is one of my favorite things to do, because I don’t. Ever.”

[From Allure and Us Weekly]

The problem with "The Aniston" was that it didn't work on most of the girls who tried it. The good thing about "The Aniston" was that is was particularly good for girls who growing out their bangs trauma. And I tend to think Aniston was unnecessarily mean about that - but I understand what she's trying to do. "Look at me, I'm not talking about my ex-husband, and I'm disrespecting the haircut that launched me! It's a whole new Aniston!!" Also, I love that her idea of "transformation" is "not wearing mascara". Ha.

allure7

allure11

allure6

Photos courtesy of Allure.

Ke$ha wants her music to leave people “visually and sonically violated”

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 07:31 AM PST

wenn3153600

Sometimes, Ke$ha reminds me of Our Beloved Raccoon McPantless. There's a difference between the two wildly inappropriate drunk children though. Raccoon is all angsty and teenage and "look at me, I'm SO SHOCKING" and she's earnest in her efforts to be thought of as the most hardcore pantless raccoon EVER. Ke$ha, on the other hand, is also kind of angsty and "look at me, I'm SO DRUNK" but she does everything with a wink and a nod. I guess what separates them is that Ke$ha knows it's all a joke, and she's in on it. She gets that pop music is inherently dumb, and she's having fun while it's her turn. As I've said before, I've grown to like Ke$ha because she gives good interviews and she actually seems like she'd be fun to hang out with. Now I can add a new layer to wanting to get drunk with her - she knew "everything" about sex since the age of seven. And she's been taking care of herself since she was 14. Oh, and she wants her mystery father to be Mick Jagger. Good luck, Ke$ha.

Kesha’s mother taught her ”everything about sex” before she was seven years old, because she wanted her to be responsible. Kesha knew “everything about sex” before she was seven years old. The ‘Tik Tok’ singers’ mother wanted her to be responsible and so from a young age encouraged her to act like an adult.

She said: “I knew everything about sex before I was even seven. My mom left me at home when I was 14 with a credit card, and a box of condoms and the keys to the car and said, ‘Don’t get pregnant and don’t drink and drive’. I had to be responsible for myself.”

The singer also warned that her live shows have a particularly adult theme - including the audience being showered with Kesha condoms - and that her fans should expect to be “visually and sonically violated” by her shows.

She added to Britain’s The Times newspaper: “I’m not a babysitter. My balls are on the table. I’m very upfront with who I am. There is sex. There is alcohol. The kids are gonna figure it out someday.”

Kesha, who has two brothers, was raised by her mother in Nashville, US, and doesn’t know who her real dad is, so she pretends she is the offspring of the lead singer of The Rolling Stones.

She added: “I talked to my mum about it. She has a sketchy memory. I don’t really care. I’m going to pretend like my dad is Mick Jagger and proceed.”

[From Contact Music]

See? I mean, it's a completely different vibe than Raccoon McPantless, although both are guilty of saying dumb stuff. And, for the record, I do think Ke$ha has a way with words. She might not be book smart, but she's incredibly quotable and she might make a half-decent lyricist one day. Today, however, she's a hot mess. Bless her.

wenn3153052

wenn5585739

Photos courtesy of WENN.

The End of an Era: Regis Philbin is retiring at the age of 79

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 07:06 AM PST

wenn3076087

Somwhat sad news to report - the end of an era. Regis Philbin announced his retirement this morning live, on his show with Kelly Ripa. He's 79 years old! Kind of amazing that he's has had such an amazing career for so long. The gossipy side of me wonders if Regis is sick? I know, that's a bad thought to put out there, but I've been wondering.

Regis Philbin is getting ready to walk off into the sunset. The TV veteran, 79, is leaving Live! With Regis and Kelly this year, he announced on Tuesday’s show. “This will be my last year on the show,” the star said. “It’s been a long time. It’s been 28 years. It’s been an enormous thrill.”

Explaining that it wasn’t an easy decision to make, he added philosophically: “Everything must come to an end..especially with certain old people.”

His exact final date — or who might replace him alongside Kelly Ripa — are yet to be determined. “This is gonna happen sometime the end of the summer — we’ll have a lot of fun between now and then!”

Choking up, his cohost Ripa said, “I can only speak for America and all of us here: It has been a pleasure and a privilege and a dream come true and I wish I could do something to change your mind!”

[From Us Weekly]

I know Regis and Kelly probably get along really well in real life, but they always annoyed me as cohosts. Kelly is so rude! She's always talking over him and interrupting him. If I was Regis, I would have given her a smack long ago. So let's start that rumor: Regis is leaving because he's finding it impossible to resist the urge to smack the hell out of Kelly. That's what I heard!

wenn5546780

Photos courtesy of WENN.

How cheesy/wonderful is Minka Kelly going to be in ‘The Roommate’?

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 06:46 AM PST

0211-gq-mk0101_logo

Minka Kelly has a sexy photo shoot in the new issue of GQ to promote her new role in The Roommate, the Single White Female-esque movie she did with Leighton Meester. Unfortunately, the little interview snippets seem almost entirely about her relationship with Derek Jeter, something that I could not care less about. I tend to hate actress-and-sportsman couplings. So boring! But Minka is not boring. Well, she is a little bit. But she's also pretty sexy, I guess.

There are plenty of things we guys would like to know about Minka Kelly—like whether she needs a hand with those stockings—but here’s the only thing we really need to know.

Back in September, the former Miss Friday Night Lights got herself mixed up in a twenty-four-hour gossip tempest involving her dog, some flight attendants, an argument in first class, and a supposedly frantic call to her famous shortstop boyfriend. Such stories exist to be blown out of proportion. The only part that still irks Kelly? The idea that she’d call Captain America for help. She is not that kind of girl.

“Do people think that somewhere in my brain, I think Derek can save me from someone telling me my dog can’t fly?” she asks. “If that’s the way I worked, he would have left me a long time ago.”

Fortunately the man is no fool. After all, Kelly’s big-screen career is just beginning to lift off. This month the 30-year-old actress gets her first starring role, in The Roommate, an update of Single White Female that promises to be a zillion times more delectable because (a) it’s set in college, and (b) the Bridget Fonda and Jennifer Jason Leigh roles will be played by Minka Kelly and Leighton Meester.

She also has a pivotal role in Adam Sandler’s new comedy, Just Go with It, in which he plays a single dude who pretends to be stuck in a bad marriage to score sympathy lays. And after that? We hate to pry, but since this magazine doesn’t come out for weeks, can Kelly at least spare us any embarrassing surprises about her endlessly rumored nuptials?

“I promise you, I’m not getting married in the next month.” And she wouldn’t lie, right? She’s not that kind of girl.

[From GQ]

I have to admit, I kind of want to see The Roommate in a "It's good because it's so cheesy" way. I LOVED Single White Female, as you can probably tell by my incessant references to that towering work of girl-on-girl crime. I also LOVE The Hand That Rocks The Cradle, which is another great woman-on-woman crime story. Will The Roommate be able to meet the challenge? Here's the trailer:

Leighton takes the Jennifer Jason Leigh role, and Minka got the Bridget Fonda role. It looks… cheesy. But wonderful.

Here are some photos of Minka at the People's Choice Awards:

wenn3156423

wenn3156126

Header photo courtesy of GQ. Additional pics by WENN.

Elton John & David Furnish show off their new baby Zachary

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 06:25 AM PST

eltonusweekly

Elton John and David Furnish are introducing their new baby Zachary on dual covers this week - in England, they grace the cover of OK Magazine UK, and in America, they got Us Weekly's cover. The quotes are the same for both - David and Elton talking about how lucky they are to have Zach in their lives, and how they haven't given up hope of supporting and be in the lives of the two Ukrainian orphans they tried to adopt:

Meet Elton John and David Furnish’s tiny dancer! The couple shares the first photos of son Zachary Jackson Levon Furnish-John exclusively in the new issue of Us Weekly, out Wednesday.

As first revealed at UsMagazine.com, little Zachary was born via surrogate on Christmas Day 2010, weighing 7 pounds, 15 ounces.

“I’ve never felt anything like it in my life,” Grammy winner John, 63, tells Us of holding his son for the first time. “You’re so awestruck. What can you say? You take it in. The feeling, the joy, the warmth of his body, his breathing…I will never forget that experience ever.”

What kind of personality does little Zachary have? Gushes film director Furnish, 48, John’s partner of 17 years: “He’s a content little guy…He’s very peaceful…He just loves to be nurtured, cuddled, and sung to.”

The road to fatherhood has not been easy and the pair were heartbroken in 2009 after trying to adopt a 14-month Ukrainian orphan named Lev and his three-year-old HIV positive brother, Artyom.

Despite failing to adopt the two children the couple want to do everything they can to find them a home.

Elton says: “We’re still consulting about finding the best possible home for them.”

David adds: “We feel awful. We keep hitting red tape. But we’re not giving up until they’re out and in a safe, supported home.”

[From Us Weekly & OK Magazine]

Good for them, and congratulations to them. Is this the first time a male-male homosexual couple has debuted their baby on the cover of the weeklies? Let me think… when Neil Patrick Harris and his partner debuted their twins, it wasn't a cover. I think Elton and David might be the first… right? So, groundbreakers and happy fathers. Cheers!

okukelton

wenn5525717

OK UK cover courtesy of OK UK's site. Additional photo courtesy of WENN.

Christina Aguilera got up in Julianne Hough’s face at Golden Globes party

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 06:21 AM PST

Christina Aguilera
E! Online has an exclusive story, probably fed to them by Ryan Seacrest, about how Christina Aguilera got up in his “girlfriend” Julianne Hough’s face at a Golden Globes party. Hough and Aguilera were both in that terrible Burlesque movie and there seems to be some bad blood between them. Apparently Ryan wasn’t there, because he was too busy making a smoothie or decorating his mansion, but Aguilera is said to have been so aggressive, that Hough told her “don’t touch me!

Me-ouch! The claws were out this weekend as Christina Aguilera and Julianne Hough had a hissing match at a pre-Golden Globes bash.

And, sources tell E! News, it looked like Aguilera was one the who wanted to do the bashing.

So what went down?

The confrontation took place Friday at a party hosted by CAA at the Soho House in West Hollywood attended by the likes of Julia Roberts, Colin Firth, Ashton Kutcher and Demi Moore. Ryan Seacrest, Hough’s boyfriend and a CAA client, was not present.

But Aguilera was, and she apparently wasn’t too psyched to see Burlesque costar Hough.

“Christina really got in her face,” an eyewitness told E! News, saying that Aguilera unleashed a verbal barrage at Hough.

Onlookers said Aguilera even grabbed Hough, leading the Dancing With the Stars hoofer to snap, “Don’t touch me!”

Before the two separated, Aguilera threatened to torpedo Hough’s burgeoning country singing career. Hough was said to be “visibly upset” by the incident, according to one insider. “The whole thing was troubling. People felt bad for Julianne.”

Aguilera’s rep, however, described the report as “nonsense.”

[From E! Online]

What kind of fight is that? There’s no hair-pulling, no details of some long-simmering feud, just a drunken XTina getting up in someone’s face. Some threat that is from XTina - destroy your singing career. What’s she going to do to Julianne - give her advice? We know that Christina has done a great job at a destroying her own career.

In related news about Julianne Hough, there’s a video up on E! of Julianne and Ryan Seacrest on the red carpet after the Golden Globes. He’s so awkward with her it’s funny. Oh and here’s a link to video of Christina Aguilera falling on her ass at the Golden Globes. That’s a drunken slump if I ever saw one.

Header image credit: PRPhotos. Other images credit: WENN.com

wenn3171074

wenn3171654

wenn3169877

wenn3170293

wenn5595246

wenn5595389

Kate Bosworth wants us to know that she & Alex Skarsgard are still together

Posted: 18 Jan 2011 06:06 AM PST

wenn3160292

Everytime I don't hear about them together for a few weeks, I have a brief moment of hope that Alexander Skarsgard has finally dumped Kate Bosworth. But this chick is a Clinger, and she still enjoys the association she gets with Alex. Thus, her publicist dropped People Magazine a line to ensure that we would know that they are still very much "on":

Though they walked into the Warner Bros./In Style Golden Globes afterparty separately, Kate Bosworth and Alexander Skarsgard were very much the couple behind closed doors of the Beverly Hilton Hotel, where the pair partied together with pals, and remained upbeat through the night. After the True Blood hunk took a quick phone call, Bosworth lovingly tugged at his sleeve and said, “Come on, let’s go this way.”

[From People]

So, she's still around. Now we know. They've pretty much been dating for a year, and they go to official Hollywood events together, and she orders him around. What the hell is her hold on him? Ugh. You know what's interesting though? I can't find photos of either Kate or Alex at the HBO event on Sunday. So… not only did they not pose for photos together, they didn't pose for photos at all. It's so nice that Bosworth's publicist told People where they were then.

In other Bosgard news, Lainey says that those reports about Alex wanting to marry Kate are plants from her publicist too. Could be.

wenn3141062

wenn3160260

Photos courtesy of WENN.

No comments:

Post a Comment