Saturday, September 1, 2012

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Amber Rose--PREGNANT & RUBBING HER BABY BUMP

Posted: 01 Sep 2012 10:25 AM PDT

Amber Rose is 100% pregnant!  And we've got the pics of her running errands while rubbing her pregnant belly.  Check 'em...

The rumors have now turned into fact.  Amber Rose, fiancee of rapper Wiz Khalifa, is indeed with child.  Those two wasted no time I see. 

Her man Wiz said during a radio interview just last month that they were NOT having a baby right now, but it seems either Papa didn't know....or he was keeping it quiet during that ever important first trimester.  Either way--the news is out now!

Amber, rocking all black and her gorgeous engagement ring, was spotted on a post-pedicure grocery run with a friend in West Hollywood yesterday.  And it looks like she's still ixnaying those hair dye jobs--another tale tell sign.

Meanwhile, Amber and Wiz, who got engaged in March, are in the midst of planning their wedding.  And TheYBF.com can confirm--the two are tentatively planning the ceremony in Anguilla.

 

Pics: INF

 

Aaliyah's Album COVER ART Revealed + Waka Flocka's "Get Low" VIDEO Ft. Nicki Minaj & Tyga

Posted: 01 Sep 2012 09:31 AM PDT

The cover art for Aaliyah’s posthumous album has been revealed. See the pic and get album deets inside and watch Waka Flocka Flame's artsy video for "Get Low" featuring Nicki Minaj and Tyga.

 

 

Blackground Records recently revealed the cover art for the upcoming posthumous Aaliyah project.  Label president Barry Hankerson said, Aaliyah posthumous 2013 16 unreleased tracks produced by @Drake @OVO40 Enough said #TeamAaliyah RT.”  He named Drake and Noah '40' Shebib as the disc's executive producers.

Sadly, fans shouldn't expect any involvment from Missy or Timbaland as they aren't connected to this project. But Missy will be releasing two new songs of her own this Labor Day weekend.

 

And in new music videos:

For his new "Get Low" video, rapper Waka Flocka went the artsy route for the Benny Boom-directed clip. He brought in friends Nicki Minaj and Tyga, and the track appears on Waka's sophomore album Triple F Life: Fans, Friends & Family. He spoke about the video's concept to MTV's RapFix saying,

“The concept for the video was a red, white, and black color scheme, and a lot of art. I wanted to bring hip-hop videos back—choreographing and girls dancing in it. There’s too [many] naked women dancing in videos scenes to me. I feel like I wanna put the art back into it. I feel like it’s my job to put the art and the fun back into the music.”

Nicki chimed in about her involvment saying, 

“Waka Flocka, he’s my brother. People know that I go way back with him, and whatever he needs me to do, it gets done. He called me, he sent me a song, I said, ‘It’s nothing.’ I was finishing up my album, and I said, ‘You know I got you, it’s nothing.’”

Watch Waka behind the scenes here:

Get More: Music News

 

Also, Waka will release his Salute Me or Shoot Me Vol. 4 mixtape on Setember 13.  Who's ready for the dreads?

 

The Randomness:

1.  Sherman Hemsley's body still in "cold storage" while his will is sorted out.  Story.

Meagan Good DISCUSSES How CELIBACY Improved Her SELF-WORTH And Makes DIRECTORIAL DEBUT

Posted: 01 Sep 2012 06:05 AM PDT

Taking a break from her directorial debut, Meagan Good revealed recently how celibacy changed her life and improved her self-worth.  Find out why she recommends it and see what hubby Devon Franklin had to add to the chat inside...

As actress Meagan Good made her directional debut yesterday on her cousin Dijon Talton's (shown above) "Wild Out" video, she chatted it up on VOH's Episode, "No Sex Before Marriage."  

From the Empire night club set in L.A., Meagan talked about celibacy saying, "One of the things I noticed right off the bat what I had more clarity, more self-worth." She added that, "It made our whole relationship be about us and getting to know each other."

Meagan added that she recommends celibacy as it has positive benefits for relationships, often bringing couples closer.

Her husband, movie producer and author, Devon Franklin, joined in the "No Sex Before Marriage" onversation adding that celibacy and abstinence are a part of God's Will and the rewards can't be quantified. 

Meagan later posted about her video experience saying,

I've been struck by Cupid for directing ... Outside of marriage- being saved- and having the most incredible family on the planet this was one of the most rewarding experiences of my life... Something tells me this is only the beginning of another area inside my calling... Wow so full .. thank you @dijontalton for trusting your big Cuzzo and allowing me to take this journey with you

Watch the interview here:

Evelyn Lozada REVEALS She Was "HUMILIATED, EMBARASSED...IN SHOCK" By DOMESTIC DISPUTE With Chad Johnson

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 09:02 PM PDT

"BBW" star Evelyn Lozada tearfully revealed deets about the domestic dispute between she and estranged husband Chad Johnson on Nightline tonight.  Get the deets on what happened and why Evelyn decided to walk away from the marriage inside.......

Evelyn Lozada sat for a revealing interview with Nightline last night where she opened up about the public failure of her marriage to Chad Johnson and why she walked away from their life together after only 41 days.

She said it all began when she found a receipt in Chad's car.

"...And the very first thing that was on there was that he purchased a box of condoms. So I looked at the date and it was, like, July 20 something, it was literally, like, three weeks after my wedding."

Evelyn confronted Chad about the receipt and he denied sleeping around...but she didn't buy it.

"I knew that he was lying. And I told him, I never forget telling him, I said, "I'm not stickin' by you through this. I don't care if my marriage is the laughing stock of the world and people laugh at me. I'm not stickin' by you through this."

Then....


"He got upset. He just....he came a whole other person and he was like, "I didn't-- I didn't do anything. You're accusing me." And then the next thing I know, he-- he grabbed me by here and he headbutted me. And all I felt was, you know...I felt, like, you know, blood coming down my face."

 

Evelyn was treated at the hospital and given 6 stitches for the headbutt while Chad was arrested for the assault. 

When asked how she felt after the  issue hit the media, she said,  "...Humiliated, embarrassed...in shock. I was in shock that my fairytale, my life or, you know, I felt like I was supposed to be starting my life, had just ended."

When questioned about her image on "BBW" and critics who say she might have "deserved it" (because of karma) Ev said,

"I understand it, but I also think that it's like saying, "Well, look at that woman that-- look at what she had on. That's why she got raped," you know? I just feel like-- I feel it's a little unfair, you know? Whatever the perception of me is on Basketball Wives, that doesn't justify what happened that day, you know? That's catty drama amongst women on a reality show."

So where does Evelyn go from here?  Will we still see her jumping on tables and throwing bottles?  She said,

"You won't see me throwin' a bottle. I'll tell you that. You know-- I'm always gonna voice my opinion. But you won't see me actin' a fool, you know? I've grown a lot in the last couple months."
 

Watch the interview here:

 

Also.....

 

Evelyn was spotted leaving her hotel in New York City recently.

And for those wondering where Evelyn stands with Chad, she closed out her Nightline interview by saying, "Yes, I still love him. It's the hardest thing (CRYING) in the world to walk away from someone that you really love, but you have to walk away because I have to protect myself."

 

 

Photos via Picture by: Santi/Splash News

HELICOPTER FRESH: Diddy & Cassie Land In NYC

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 05:39 PM PDT

Another helicopter arrival for another one of hip hop's richest men.   Diddy was spotted landing on the Helipad in NYC, with his artist/girlfriend Cassie trailing behind him.

 

Pics inside...

In the shortest shorts possible to show off her modelicious bod, Cassie and her Isabel Murant high heeled sneakers ran off the helipad to catch up with Diddy after their arrival today in Manhattan.

The twosome spent this week chillin' at a house on the water in The Hamptons.  Diddy tweeted a few pics, which were quickly stopped once the news of his good friend Chris Lighty's death surfaced.

I knew him as "Baby Chris"...I still can't believe it..WTF IS GOING ON?!?....FUCK!

Mr. Combs will be heading to Vegas Saturday to host a party at the Paris Hotel.

Pics: INF

Authorities Officially Rule Chris Lighty's Death A Suicide

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 04:33 PM PDT

Authorities in New York have officially ruled the death of music exec, Chris Lighty, a suicide....

We told you earlier about the body of Chris Lighty being found being found with a gunshot wound to the head, and now, officials have classified it a suicide.

Sources reports that Chris shot himself in the ard of his home in the Bronx following an argument with his estranged wife, Veronica, about their divorce and the hefty debt he owed to the IRS.

50 Cent, a close friend of Chris, shared his thoughts saying:

“I am deeply saddened by the loss of my dear friend and business partner Chris Lighty.

Chris has been an important part of my business and personal growth for a decade. He was a good friend and advisor who helped me develop as an artist and businessman. My prayers are with his family. He will be greatly missed.”

Chris is credited with brokering 50's deal with Vitamin Water that eventually led to the rapper's $100M+ payday.

 

Chris Brown's Chicks Draya & Karrueche Smooch For MINT SWIM + Evelyn's "Nightline" Interview Promo

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 03:10 PM PDT

Well isn't that...cordial.  Draya Michele, star of "Basketball Wives: L.A.", hosted a party for her swimsuit collection Mint Swim last night.  And her apparent new bestie, Karrueche, was once again by her side partying it up.  They do have a lot in common--like men.  Pics of Chris Brown's girls and the other L.A. BBW's partying it up, plus a sneak peek of Evelyn Lozada's "Nightline" interview tonight...

Draya kicked it with Chris in the past, but now he's with Karrueche Tran, and Drayan & Kae seem to have become fast besties.  That's convenient for Mr. brown.  Especially since Draya admits to dabbling into lady parts herself every now and then...

Anywho, it was Draya's All White party in L.A. for her Mint Swim collection.  She copped herself a new R8 and showed it off at the party, and also snapped pics of her girls for Instagram:

Glora & Laura Govan were there with the newest BBW Brooke Bailey, plus Bow Wow's baby moms Joie:

Joie's on the far right.

Fun times for the ladies.

 

And tonight on "Nightline", Evelyn Lozada tells her story for the first time since the domestic violence situation with estranged husband Chad Johnson.

Check out a sneak peek above.  A few interesting quotes from Ev's interview with Amy Robach:

On walking away

"It's the hardest thing in the world to walk away from someone that you really love.  But you have to walk away because I have to protect myself."

On how she feels about Chad now

"I believe he loves me. I believe he needs to get help.  He's a good guy that made a bad choice. He loves football and he's very driven and a great dad. He made a bad choice that destroyed his life, and I hate that I'm connected to that."

On what really went down that night

"He was gone to me, like, it wasn't him.  He got out of the car, really, really quick and ran into the house, and I said to myself, 'I need to get out of here.'  I said to myself, 'I'm never going to go through that again, ever.'  I don't think any woman should ever have to feel like that or be fearful of her husband."

Evelyn's full interview where she pours out her heart about being a victim of domestic violence airs tonight on ABC at 11:35p EST.

First Look At "Tamar & Vince" + Lloyd's "All Of Me" Ft. Wale

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 01:49 PM PDT

Tamar Braxton & hubby Vincent Herbert are gearing up for their spinoff reality show, "Tamar & Vince."  Check out the first sneak peek, plus Lloyd's brand new track, inside...

Premiering Sept. 20th right after "Braxton Family Values," Tamar & Vince kick off their own show on WeTV.  In the new sneak peek, we see the twosome still butting heads over career, Tamar's mouth, and that cutie pup Miracle.  Will you be watching?

 

And Lloyd is back with a new single.  The crooner just dropped his brand new single "All of Me" and tapped Maybach Music's Wale for the track.  Lloyd penned the track with the help of The Exclusives.  And the Cassius Jay-produced track is the first original music officially released by the 26-year-old since his 2011 Zone 4/Interscope album King of Hearts. Lloyd is currently finishing his new mixtape, while also working on his yet to be titled 5th studio album, which will fall under his Young Goldie Music label.

 

I've always thought Lloyd was pretty underrated.  And collabo with Wale is indeed a good match.  You feelin' the track?

Andrea Kelly, Yandy Smith, Emily B., Mashonda & More DISH On Reality TV's IMPACT On Young Women

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 12:30 PM PDT

Reality tv stars like Adrienne Bailon, Yandy Smith, Meeka Claxton, Andrea Kelly and Somaya Reece hit an event, hosted by WEEN, discussed how their actions on tv impact the lives of young women.  Deets inside......

 

The Women in Entertainment Empowerment Network (WEEN) hosted PROJECT REALism yesterday in NYC.  The standing-room only event featured reality tv stars discussing the impact of reality TV on young women. WEEN co-founder Valeisha Butterfield (looking fab in pink) posed with singer Mashonda on the red carpet for the event.

"L&HH" star Somaya Reece posed with "Hollywood Exes" star Andrea Kelly.

During the panel, with Emily B. & Mashonda pictured above, "ratings" were cited as the primary reason for the continued imbalance with regard to how women of color on reality tv.   WEEN announced clear action items and next steps to combat this, including: each person in attendance to join weenonline.org, to sign-up to mentor at least one young lady, and to commit to joining WEEN's future PROJECT REALism programs to empower young girls. 

TV personalities Alesha Renee and Amanda Diva (celebrity host) were also in attendance.  It's great to see a room full of women actually discussing social issues and making plans of action.  Keep up the good work ladies!

Which steps do YOU think should be taken to combat the negative images of women on reality tv?


Photo credit: Johnny Nunez

Keyshia Cole & Daniel Gibson DISH On The New Music, Reality Show And Why Her Last Album FLOPPED

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 11:45 AM PDT

Keyshia Cole and her husband Daniel Gibson chatted it up on Power 105.1's "The Breakfast Club" this morning.  Find out what she said about her music, her family reality tv inside......

 

Keyshia Cole and her husband Daniel "Boobie" Gibson chatted it up with The Breakfast Club where they discussed her upcoming Woman To Woman disc, her reality show "Family First" and her friendship with K. Michelle.  

Keyshia opened up about being a mother saying it's a wonderful feeling and said she will always put her family ahead of her career. 

The couple then dished on how the were working with the same stylist and that's how they hooked up.  Keyshia played hard to get at first because she didn't want to be with anyone...but Daniel was persistent. 

She then revealed that she thinks the departure of Ron Fair from Interscope, along with being pregnant ,were the main reasons her Calling All Hearts disc flopped.  She added (and Daniel agreed) that she was VERY moody during the pregnancy.

She says Woman To Woman is different because she is happy in her life and the happiness comes out through her vocals.

Keyshia also dished on her new friendship with K. Michelle saying,

"I feel like, when I came into the business you have that somebody that you say, ‘She set limits for me and know that I can reach that plateau’, and I like I am that for K. Michelle like Mary was that for me.

Whoever comes after K. it’s gon’ be all G. I’ve already done a lot of things that people are tryin’ do and I’m gonna give you the best advice to you and if you call me I’m gonna let you know what it is, my personal feelings and my beliefs about the industry and anything I can do to help… as long as it’s not money."

And on relationships, she revealed that she admires Jay-Z and Beyonce:

"I love in my mind to look at Jay-Z and Beyonce because I think that he is a guy that's hood but he got his business together and I think he respects his woman regardless of what that is.

He respects her doing her thing. If that's her doing sexy clothes, if that's her singing whatever song she wants to sing, heartbroken, happy, whatever, he supports his woman."

 

Watch the interview here:

Nasty Nas Shoots Video For "Cherry Wine" Ft. Amy Winehouse + Alicia Keys Teases "Girl On Fire" Single In VMA Promo

Posted: 31 Aug 2012 10:53 AM PDT

The Don is not letting up.  He's shooting his fifth video off his #1 album Life Is Good.  And this one is for his girl Amy Winehouse.  Check out shots from the set of "Cherry Wine" inside, plus Alicia Keys' new VMAs promo, featuring her new single "Girl On Fire"....

Nas is keeping the memory of his good friend Amy Winehouse alive as he shoots the video for the track they made and wrote together back in 2008.  And he decided to add to his Life Is Good album.

He's shooting the visuals with leading lady Brittany Daily, who also played The Dream's girl in his new video "Dope Chick."  The vid appears to be set in a nightclub/bar with Nasir playing the bartender:

In case you missed the premiere yesterday, check out Nas' brand new vid for "Bye Baby" HERE.

 

 

Get More: 2012 VMA, Artists.MTV, Music

 

Meanwhile, MTV just released Alicia Keys' new promo for the VMAs.  Mrs. Beatz will be rocking her performance by debuting her new single "Girl On Fire," and you can get a sneak peek of it in the promo, all while she sits at her piano.  The Awards are here Sept. 6th.

Nas Pics: Miss Info

No comments:

Post a Comment