Tuesday, January 4, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


MUSIC FAB: Rick Ross & Drake's "Made Men", Drake Calls Rihanna "One Of His Baddest B*tches"

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 09:13 AM PST

After Drake helped Ricky Ross cop his first #1 single with "Aston Martin Music," it was only right he tapped Drizzy again for a new track called "Made Men" off his new album titled God Forgives, I Don't.

 

On this new "Made Men" track--Drake drops lyrics saying Rihanna was one of his his baddest b*tches. Read on for the track and Ricky's new interview talking about his new album...

Ricky name checks Katy Perry, Madonna, Ving Rhames, MC Hammer, Michael Jackson, and plenty others on the track.  While Drake had this little lyrical nuget to say:

"Spending tomorrow money, I call it mañana," he spits. "Off the rack just ain't my style, I call a designer/ One of my baddest women ever, I call her Rihanna/ But that's because her name is Rihanna."

Oh yeah?  Interesting.

 

And here's Ross' new interview with MTV News about what's next for him:

Loving Ricky's music right now....

 

BONUS:

Bow Wow just released a new track called "She Wanna F*ck".  Classy.  Check it out over at Rap Radar.

 

Kanye West & Jay-Z Meet Up In Soho, May Drop "Watch The Throne" Collabo Album In A Week?

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 08:50 AM PST

Fresh off their NYE weekend in Vegas, Jay-Z was spotted having a meeting with Kanye West yesterday and one can only imagine what great things they have in the works for their new album Watch The Throne.  See the candids of the two inside....

Kanye was sotted rocking a fur coat and Air Jordans while leaving the Mercer Hotel in NYC after a meeting with Jay-Z.  On NYE, Kanye got the crowd hyped when he announced that his collabo album with Jay-Z, Watch The Throne, was "coming in one week."  Not sure if he meant it hits the shelves or the Internet or if they'll just be finished with it (even though it was rumored to be done a while ago)...but we'll keep you posted. 

 

 


 

 

BONUS:

Critics lash out at Kanye West over misogyny and "lynched" women in new "Monster" video.  Story.

 

Photos: SplashNewsOnline/J.B Nicholas

 

SPOTTED: Nicki Minaj Less-Than-Crazy At Miami Airport

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 08:19 AM PST

Holidays are ov-ah.  Nicki Minaj was spotted jetting out of Miami International airport on New Year's Day after club hopping and doing her NYE hosting duties at Mansion the night before.

 

Pics of Ms. Minaj looking casual without the craziness when you read on...

Speaking of Nicki's Mansion NYE party, she reportedly did the countdown 6 minutes late because she was late to her own party.  Supposedly none of the party goers noticed.  And let's face it--when you're drinking as much as most of us do on NYE, you wouldn't either.

She went through security with her manager Scottie rocking her black wig, a tank, leathery jeans and cute boots.

Back to more partying and music making....

Pics: Mavrix

ENGAGED: Vivica Fox And Slimm...And A FAT Diamond Ring!

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 07:13 AM PST

Get your rice and doves ready.  Actress Vivica Fox and her party promoter boyfriend Slimm just got engaged!  We confirmed with the future groom himself.  And we've got the deets and the FAT diamond ring he gave her when you read on...

 

The two have been dating for several months now. And even went through a breakup a little while ago.

But the 24-year-old Omar "Slimm" White and 46-year-old Viv have been attached at the hip ever since getting back together.  So much that Slimm popped the question the day after Christmas at the Ritz Carlton in South Beach with this SICK 8 carat diamond ring:

Whoa.  Viv recently told her girl Wendy Williams while visiting her show that she def found herself a good man:

"My career has been my baby for such a long time and I've done well by that. I waited for God to send me a good man, and he's a good Southern man."

Congrats to the couple!

CANDIDS: Chris Brown Gives Richmond, VA "Deuces"

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 06:30 AM PST

Chris Brown was all smiles at the airport as he left Richmond, VA yesterday after the Holidays.  Check out the pics inside...

 

 

 

Looks like we are about to get a double dose of music from Chris. He recently posted on Twitter:

(@chris brown)I'm tryna make F.A.M.E album a double disc!! But not too expensive. The other disc will be called FORTUNE!!! I just got too many damn songs 

Nice.

Photos via PAPSFIRST/Splash NewsRich

Waka Flocka Turns Himself In, His Mama Deb Is In Denial

Posted: 04 Jan 2011 05:18 AM PST

I swear Debra Antney is going for hood "my son can't do no wrong" mama of the year.    After Waka Flocka Flame's Atlanta home got raided last month while he wasn't there, and Gucci Mane got arrested, Waka's been everywhere but Atlanta since. 

 

But yesterday he tuned himself in.  Still, Mama Deb says her baby (and client) is perfect and aint do a thing wrong.  The drama when you read on...

According to TMZ, Waka's mother and manager, Deb Antney, said the rapper turned himself in because "he wanted to do the right thing and didn't want to run." Riiiight.

Intereting that he's been doing shows, recording tracks and videos, doing interviews, all without stepping (a public) foot into Atlanta for several weeks.  Sounds like he was on the run to me.

Deb continues with an explanation of wat was in Waka's house:

"It had nothing to do with prostitution," Antney told MTV News. "The weapons they found were licensed weapons. There was under an ounce of marijuana, but it was nothing but a blunt. The other drugs were medication that was in Waka's room from when he got hurt," Antney said, referring to Waka Flocka Flame's shooting last year.

Sigh.  Really Deb?  Meanwhile, the judge in Gucci's case has now suggested he go back to jail after letting him go free with no charges last month.

Juaquin Malphurs (Waka's government name) is reportedly being held on $31,950 bond. A hearing is set for today.

Source

The Randomness:

1.  "Bad Girls Club" chick Catya has been arrested AGAIN.  Chick has been in the slammer since before New Year's for an outstanding bench warrant.  Story

CANDIDS: Alicia Keys' Post-Gym Strut Through Soho

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 02:32 PM PST

 

Alicia Keys was spotted on the streets of Soho after getting her post-baby "work-out" on at the gym near her home.  See pics inside...

 

The paps caught Alicia Keys walking through Soho today after working out at the gym.  Her mom looks to have gone along with her:

Oh.  That camel toe is something serious.

 

Looks like Mrs. Beatz is working off all those drinks and yummies she had with her hubby in St. Barts over the holidays.

 

Photos via Anthony Dixon/WENN.com

The Randomness:

1.   Mainstream news (Life & Style magazine) thinks Drake and Nicki Minaj are an item.  Their proof is that they partied together on New Years Eve.  Sigh.  Try again.

 

MAGAZINE FAB: Queen Latifah Gets FAB For PARADE + Christina Milian Gets HOT For LATINA

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 01:39 PM PST

Queen Latifah is looking fab before her stint as People's Choice Awards host for the umpteenth year in a row.  She's rocking the pages of PARADE magazine.  Plus, Christina Milian lets it all hang out about her failed marriage to The Dream and how the cheating scandal and becoming a mom helped her.

 

 

A few quotables from her article:

Where Queen hopes to be in 10 years: “On cruise control, with a couple of kids under my belt,” Queen Latifah shared. “It’s in the Lord’s hands.”

On growing up in Jersey: “There’s something about growing up in New Jersey that prepares you for whatever you might encounter around the world. We’re not afraid to go places. I met Mike ‘The Situation’ [from Jersey Shore] because we were both on Jay Leno. He lives maybe 15 minutes from me. He was like, ‘If you ever get a flat tire, call me and I’ll hook you up.’ I love Jersey.”


On giving advice to future royal Kate Middleton:
“Make sure you have a sanctuary, because everybody in the world is going to be in your business. He happened to be born a prince; you happened to go to college and meet him. You’re two kids who fell in love. I just hope you have a happy life. And don’t take anything personally.

 

Lookin' good Queen.

 

And Christina Milian is looking pretty in pink on the cover of the new issue of LATINA magazine.

 

And some behind the scenes footage where she's joined by baby Violet.  Awwww.

Here's some quotes where Chris discusses getting cheated on, trying to change herself to make her marriage work, and what she's learned through all this drama:

On her failed marriage: “No matter what, you can’t change who you are. I know that now. I tried to be someone I wasn’t because I wanted my marriage to work. But ultimately, if it’s not working, it’s not working.”

On the cheating scandal: “I didn’t know anything. But looking back, my gut was telling me something was off. But I thought I could fix it.”

On lessons learned: “I learned a lot about myself this year. I learned what I can handle. I learned how much I can take. I learned who I am and what I will accept for myself and my daughter.”

On becoming a mom: “Being a new mother definitely makes me feel so much sexier than ever before. There’s a certain responsibility that I carry being a mom that makes me feel very confident and so blessed. Being a mom is the best thing that’s ever happened to me.”

On what’s next: “I feel brand new. I’ve been to hell and back, but I survived. I’m stronger for it and now I’m ready for the next phase of my life.”

Hot.

Source

 

EXTRAS:

1.  The aftermath of Floyd Mayweather's assault on his baby mama Josie was caught on surveillance video.  Wow.  Story

Celebs Hit Up Jamie Foxx's Album Release Party

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 10:57 AM PST

Jamie Foxx had his album release party in Miami at Karu & Y last night.  And his celeb friends like Letoya Luckett, Meagan Good, and Tank all rolled through to support.

 

Party pics when you read on....

Jamie Foxx partied it up with Tank.

Mr. Songz came through.

Hey Ronnie Devoe.

Tank got some kisses from fab chick Letoya Luckett.

Cute.

Meagan Good was there in a t-shirt, ripped leggings, and boots chillin' with her sis La'Miya:

Fun times.

Photog: Nunez

Jazmine Sullivan Says She Wants To Quit The Music Industry, Then Changes Her Mind?!

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 09:44 AM PST

Seems like one of R&Bs brightest stars is burning out fast.  Jazmine Sullivan recently took to Twitter to announce she was turning her back on the music industry because she wasn't having fun anymore.  Not surprised knowing what these ladies feel like they have to do in order to get some shine these days.  And actually needing talent--like Jazzy has--isn't a necessity.

 

Get the deets inside...

 

In a statement posted on her Twitter account yesterday, 23-year-old Jazmine Sullivan said:

 "i promised myself when it wasn’t fun anymore i wouldn’t do it. and here i am. i love u all and appreciate u soooooo much. u have no idea how much u’ve inspired me and fed my ego," the singer shared. "but the truth is that i have to believe in me whether you all do or not. and thats what i’m lookin for. that belief in myself. me. I. i love us. thanks for being here for me and riding with me on this journey. let us continue. [sic]"

What prompted this posting still remains a mystery, also, the tweets were suspiciously deleted an hour later, but not before VIBE.com caught them.  As of now, there has been no official word from Jazmine's camp or her record company. 

I wonder if we will see Jazmine at the Grammys.  She was nominated for this year's Best Female R&B Vocal Performance for "Holding You Down (Goin' In Circles)."

 

Here's Jazmine's announcement in full:

Lots of her fans Tweeted her back like crazy pleading for her to not leave.  And since the tweets were deleted, did she change her mind?  Hope so....

EVENT FAB: Indiana Pacers Baller Dahntay Jones' 30th Birthday Party In NYC

Posted: 03 Jan 2011 09:36 AM PST

Indiana Pacer's cutie Dahntay Jones celebrated his birthday in New York over the weekend and we've got the pics. 

 

See Tyrese Gibson, Mashonda and Valeisha Butterfield (who seems to be his new chick) inside...

Dahntay Jones celebrated his 30th birthday at Greenhouse in NYC yesterday. 

And close by his side all night was his new chick (rapper Game's ex-fiance' and Hip Hop Social Action Network and WEEN founder) Valeisha Butterfield.  Now that she and Terrence J broke up, and Terrence is kicking it with Brandy, she got her a new man too I see.  They look cute together.
 

Dahntay was joined by his teammates Solomon Jones and Lance Stephenson.

Tyrese Gibson was there too.

 

Dahntay posed for a group shot with the ladies.

 

Mashonda showed up at the party later.


 

Looked like a fun night. 

Photos via WireImage/Jerritt Clark 

No comments:

Post a Comment