Thursday, January 6, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


RUN IT: Mary J. Blige VS. Kim Kardashian

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 08:39 AM PST

It's the long and short of it all.   Kim Kardashian rocked the short version of this gold brocade Catherine Malandrino dress to the People's Choice Awards last night in L.A.  But MJB rocked it first in the floor length version back in June.

 

Decide who ran it when you read on...

Mary J. Blige went glam for her FFAWN event at Cipriani's in NYC last June in her BFF Catherine Malandrino's long gold strapless gown from the Resort 2010 line.  She paired it with nude YSL Trib sandals, a silver clitch, and a diamond bracelet.

Kim Kardashian also rocked the Malandrino gold strapless dress.  But in a shortened version at last night's People's Choice Awards.  She paired hers with a gold Rina Limor necklace, Amrapali earrings, and a Chanel clutch.  And topped it all off with nude peep toe pumps.

So...

WHO RAN IT?!

DO WE LOVE IT? Janet Jackson Gets Suited Up For MJ Trial

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 07:40 AM PST

Janet Jackson got suited up at the Los Angeles Criminal Court for the case against Michael Jackson's doctor Conrad Murray. And Janet almost got mistaken for her brother Jermaine. See Janet's sexy masculine look inside...

 

 

Janet played with the masculine ideals yesterday when she got completely suited up.  She sexed it up a bit with her stilleto paten Louboutins.

The nails were done. The hair slicked back. Minimal make-up. A slim tie. Cuffed pants.

 

So you decide if Janet rocked the "boy" look.

DO WE LOVE IT?

 

Photos via Splash News 

Selita Ebanks Hits The Nets Game & LaLa Spotted At The Clippers Game + Marsha Ambrosius’ New “Far Away” Video

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 07:00 AM PST

LaLa Anthony and Selita Ebanks were spotted courtside at the b-ball games recently.  We have pics inside, plus the new Marsha Ambrosius video for "Far Away" when you go inside....

 

We spotted Selita Ebanks with the best seats in the house at last night's Nets vs. Bulls game in Jersey:

 

The boots are killer.

 

Lookin' gorge Selita.

 

And we saw LaLa hanging out courtside Wednesday at the Clippers vs Nuggets game in Los Angeles. 

Cute look for Mrs. Anthony.

She was there to cheer on her hubby Melo and the Nuggets.

In music news... 

Marsha Ambrosius has a new music video for “Far Away” from her upcoming album Late Nights & Early Mornings. Julius Irving III directed.  Check it:

 

Photos via WireImage/John Photography

I GOT BEAT: T.I. And Tiny Caught "In The Act" During Visiting Hours

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 06:34 AM PST

Rapper T.I. is even more trouble for getting beat...and we're talking about his genitals...while in prison.  Why?  Because the incident happened during visiting hours and the "beater" was his wife Tiny!  Deets inside...

During a trip to the Arkansas State Prison last weekend, T.I. wife's Tiny obviously couldn't resist the sight of her hubby in a hot orange jumpsuit.  In the middle of the visiting room, during regular hours, Tiny took T.I. in the palm of her hands and literally went to work. 

According to prison guidelines, inmates are allowed to kiss and embrace at the beginning and at the end of a visit as well as hold hands...but it stops there.  And "the inmate’s hands must remain in plain view of Visiting Room staff at all times."  But I guess now they have to add "inmate's partner's hands" to that statement.

Tiny told TMZ that T.I.P. was immediately reprimanded and sent to a "Special Housing Unit" which ha more security and less freedom.   She says she's hopeful she'll be allowed to visit again soon...after he gets off...of punishment.  

Look ma...no hands!

 

The 2011 People's Choice Awards

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 05:28 AM PST

A few YBF folks came out for the 2011 People's Choice Awards at the Nokia Theater taped live in L.A.  We've got the pics of a chic Raven Symone, host Queen Latifah, and more when you read on...

Alright then Ms. Raven.  Ray showed off her newly svelte figure at last night's award show in her black and silver checkered bra, frilly coat, leathery pants, and black thigh high Louboutin boots:

A lot going on.  But she's fab nonetheless.

Host Queen Latifah hit the stage to announce the winners and to etertain the crowd.

Looking fab Queen.

These dresses def work for her.

Actress Tiffany Hines of "Nikita" was there in this black and blue ensemble:

Pretty girl, not loving the dress though.

Fierce kitty Vanessa Williams worked it out in a metallic blue and slivery Tadashi Shoji dress on the "red" carpet.  And completed her look with peep toe Louboutins.

"Private Practice" co-stars Taye Diggs and Kate Walsh kicked it on the carpet.

Fab times.

 

HIDE YA HUSBANDS! "Basketball Wife" Jennifer Williams' NAKED PICS Hit The Net!

Posted: 06 Jan 2011 04:51 AM PST

Well here's one way to show your cheatin' ass husband you're about to divorce what he's missing.  "Basketball Wife" star Jennifer Williams seems to have gone the same route as her co-star Evelyn Lozada and snapped some naked flix for someone special.

 

The NSFW pics when you read on...

It's always the ones who act like their ish don't stink and that they're holier than thou isn't it?  I wonder what her man Eric Williams and hs teeth think.  And I wonder if he's the one who released these pics.

J-Williams is a gorgeous woman so she shouldn't be too pissy about this.  Outside of the fact her implants and waxed lady parts are on ful display.  But hey, it happens to the best of 'em.  Right?

 

Shaunie O'Neal Does Damage Control On The Gloria Govan Ambush Backlash

Posted: 05 Jan 2011 12:34 PM PST

After last week's episode of "Basketball Wives" where all the ladies ganged up up Gloria Govan and Suzy (mainly Gloria), backlash hit the social networks about the way these self proclaimed "high class chicks" carried themselves.

 

Now, Exec. Producer and leader of the pack, Shaunie O'Neal, is doing some damage control explaining the back story we didn't see.  And also says, "It was a bad day."  Read on for the dish....

Let me preface this post by saying I've seen all of 1 and a half episodes of "Basketball Wives."  Why so little when I LIVE for drama and foolery?  Because after watching a few minutes of the debut show last year, 99.8% of it was transparently fake, scripted, broke, and wack...to me.  And anything with those traits is an automatic turn off to me.

With that said, thanks to the mass tv watching I did during the Holidays, I caught last week's episode--with this very incident Shaunie is speaking on.  Now, I don't know how the ladies typically act or if this was out of the ordinary for them.  And I'm not even a Gloria Govan fan--chick's mouth and personality and holier-than-thou yet still thirsty personality annoys me to no end.  But this ish that went down was just sad and unacceptable.

Here's what went down: Gloria and another cast member Suzy went to lunch to bury their own issues.  Gloria dished on why she and Matt Barnes really called off the wedding.  Apparently, Gloria was constantly making her relationship seem perfect and telling all the other ladies they were jealous of her.  So once Shaunie, Jennifer Williams, Evelyn Lozada, and Royce Reed caught the sniff of foolery that was the domestic violence issue between Matt and Gloria, as well as Matt calling off the wedding last minute, they rushed to the restaurant Gloria was at to lay in to her ass.

Needless to say, it didn't end well.  And the ladies--mostly all hovering around the age of 40--acted like a bunch of middle school bullies.  It was disturbing to watch and I was cringing just waiting on a punch to be thrown.  Cursing, yelling, chasing Gloria out of the restaurant (like, literally physically following and chasing her out of the place) all went down.  And for ladies of a certain age to have such high thoughts about themselves that they like to impress upon the viewers, this ish was pretty sad and disturbing and the reason I don't watch.  Yeah, I'm always down for foolery and fights a la "Jersey Shore"--but it's a different type of person on shows like that and I expect that.  I don't expect it from black women with means and sense.  Hypocritical?  Maybe.  But such is life. 

So, Shaunie spoke to VH1 about what went down from her perspective:

Tell me what you think about the incident with Gloria.

It was one of those things where Royce called, and said, “Let’s go and see Gloria and Suzie because this is the only time we’ll get to see them.” She had questions for Gloria, even though they ended up not being asked. I was in Orlando with my kids, and that was the only point of being in that city. Getting that call, it was like, “All right, I’m already here, so let’s go.” We kind of go everywhere together when we’re in each other’s cities. I think the whole thing just took its own direction. As soon as we got there, everything deteriorated so fast and went to a whole other place than probably anyone wanted to go. For me, I can say it was a bad day. As I was going into the restaurant, I was thinking, “Why am I even doing this? This is just pointless and out of my character.” I should have followed my gut, but in the midst of the adrenalin and being with my girls and supporting each other, I rolled with it. I guess people are blaming this on the Laura Govan/Shaquille allegations, and it’s so not that. That’s so last year. I think everybody’s over that, including Gloria, but I don’t want to speak for her. It doesn’t come up in my life at all ever. It was other stuff with Gloria and me: there was tension there. And I guess with us all walking into that restaurant, Gloria immediately went into defense mode, which then sparked a lot of nonsense going back and forth between us.

There was also a bunch of stuff said before the world saw what it saw. There were things said before that, which would probably help make sense of why we even got to the discussion on why she didn’t get married. I think Gloria felt like she was being ambushed and that her back was against the wall so she was going to throw out whatever she possibly could throw out. I get that, but the things she did say were things we could never show on TV due to them having nothing to do with myself, Jenn, Evelyn or Royce. She was totally attacking our exes, and saying what filth and dirty and pathetic men they are, which she thought would be insulting to us. I could give a damn. You can talk about Shaquille all day. It really doesn’t matter. Your opinion of him has nothing to do with me. We were kind of laughing at her, like, “OK, so what? We know who we’re dealing with. We already know what these guys have done.” We were kind of laughing at her, and she said, “Look who you picked!” That’s when we went into, “Well, sweetie, you didn’t get married, so there must be something wrong with your dude, too.”

I think the scene would have made a little more sense with that part in tact, but with me being an executive producer, I don’t want to bash the guys. I don’t ever want that to be the show. It was really important to me to protect the guys from that crap. I wish that people could hear the whole conversation, but at the same time, I’m happy they didn’t, because that’s not what Basketball Wives is about. It’s not about bashing the guys. And this wasn’t intentional, I’m sure, on Gloria’s part, but that’s just what she came up with in the midst of the arguing. She said that that’s how I got to be miserable. And the whole bitter part? I absolutely having nothing to be bitter about. My kids and I live the same exact lifestyle we always did during my marriage and as they can see on TV, nothing has changed. We’re going on the same exact vacations, driving the same cars. No one’s hurting. I’m able to maintain my lifestyle and step away and do Shaunie. I’m in a new relationship, I’m happy. If anything, I’m in a better place than ever before. There’s nothing to be bitter about. It was just a bad day. That’s what I chalk it up to. I participated in mess due to the exchange of words that never should have been said.

Do you regret the incident?

I regret not following my gut. My gut feeling was not to even go. It wasn’t that important to me if I ever saw Gloria again. It’s not something that even crossed my mind. What happened there and what was said was absolutely natural. It was a natural reaction and I think most women would have reacted the same exact way. And like I said, it was a bad day and it was immature of us, but had people seen the conversation, they’d know that we didn’t go in there for the sole purpose of teasing Gloria about her relationship.

I think it’s also important to remember that this beef didn’t come from nowhere – you’ve said things about Gloria, and Gloria has said plenty of negative things about you guys and the show.

It says a lot that she’s back on the show. She said she’d never come back and she didn’t want anything to do with it. But she’s back and she asked to come back. Maybe that was what she wanted: those five minutes of bad-ass Gloria. I don’t know.

Any thoughts on following her out to the car?

It had gotten so heated. She was cussing everyone out and whatever, and it was like, “You’re real bad-ass here when you have 30 people in the room that you know will not let anything happen.” I mean, I’m not going to fight. That’s not in my character. But at the same time, you want to be Billy Badass, and when it wasn’t working, when attacking the guys wasn’t affecting us, then it’s up and leave. No, let’s finish.

What has the fallout over this been like? Do you feel bashed on Twitter?

Yes and no. I’m a confident person, and I know what it is. People have questioned my mothering and called me bitter, but I know I’m a wonderful mother and a wonderful human being. I get pissed off and mad and sad and react to things just like the next person. I think there are a lot of judgmental people out there. Some of the comments I read piss me off because it’s like, “You don’t know me.” If you don’t get mad and say some things and react some ways in your life at some point or another that make you think back and say, “OK, I could have dealt with that better,” then you’re not human. But it’s done, it’s said, it’s a learning experience. I don’t think anybody really needs an explanation, but it is hurtful if you question my mothering skills or question me as a person. It’s frustrating to read and listen and ignore when you want to just say, “Are you stupid?” You can’t define me in seven minutes of an edited piece of film.

Sigh.  Your thoughts?

Here's video of the ambush:

 

Source

 

The Randomness:

1.  Wow.  The homeless man with the golden voice just copped a job!  Story

2.  A "crimson and cream love" CONGRATS to the men of Kappa Alpha Psi Fraternity, Inc. on their Centennial year.  Yes, we know you read YBF too.  Happy Founders Day!

Ciara Goes Shopping With Her Pup, Hits Up Miami Heat Game

Posted: 05 Jan 2011 10:46 AM PST

How cute! Ciara and her little golden poodle and another pup went shopping in Miami at Saks yesterday.  We've got the cute pics of the two spending dough, plus Ci kicking it courtside at the Heat game when you read on....

Looks like the puppies had just as much fun.

Cute.

 

And later at the Heat game:

She kicked it courtside and cheered on the home team.

Fun times.

 

Photos: Ultimate-Ciara.com

Oprah's "OWN" Channel Already Turning A Profit+Obama's Staff Change-Up

Posted: 05 Jan 2011 09:49 AM PST

Though it only debuted five days ago, Oprah's OWN Network is expected to turn a profit its first year.  Get the deets inside plus find out why Obama's press secretary is leaving his post at The White House...

 

According to the New York Times, The Oprah Winfrey Network is expected to turn a profit in its first year...a full year before previous forecasts predicted.

Oprah indeed has the golden touch with 25 successful years in TV, a record-breaking magazine launch and now her OWN channel is kicking butt right out the gate. The profit forecast for 2011 is based on ad acceptance and good performance, which the Times reports is great so far.  Get it Lady O!

 

 

White House Press Secretary Robert Gibbs announced today that he will depart the West Wing to head up Barack Obama's re-election campaign.

The departure will take place in early February, after President Obama delivers his State of the Union speech to the new Congress. As a private consultant, Robert will remain a top political adviser to the president as the re-election campaign gears up. So far, no replacement has been named.  You ready for 2012?

MUSIC FAB: Nicki Minaj's "Pink Friday" Is Certified Platinum

Posted: 05 Jan 2011 09:18 AM PST

Nicki Minaj's debut album Pink Friday has been certified platinum by the RIAA.  Deets inside...

 

Big news for female MCs trying to get back in the game...Nicki Minaj has been certified platinum by the RIAA. 

While Nicki's actually numbers are more in the 800K-900K "sold" range, you only need to ship 1 million CDs to be certified platinum.  But with her next big single "Moment For Life" ft. Drake dropping, she'll pobably hit the million mark sold pretty soon.

 

Congrats to Nicki and all her characters.  

CANDIDS: Lala Heads To The Gym+Shawn & Marlon Wayans Chill In South America

Posted: 05 Jan 2011 09:16 AM PST

LaLa Vazquez-Anthony may have worked out like crazy to get her amazing pre-wedding body, but she's keeping it up and hitting the gym.  She was spotted heading to get a workout in while in L.A. yesterday.

 

Pics of her, plus Shawn and Marlon Wayans beaching it up in South America, when you read on...

Have fun at the gym La!

And down in Uruguay, South America at Punta del Este:

Shawn and Marlon Wayans were spotted hitting the beach in their regular shoes and such while spending time with friends during the Holidays.

I know men don't always love a flip-flop, but damn, it makes me feel some kind of way when I see people with hot ass shoes on at the beach.

He played on the beach with some chicks....of course.

And had lots of fun I'm sure.

Photos: SPLASH

ON THE SET: Lil Kim Shoots Her "Clap Clap" Vid

Posted: 05 Jan 2011 08:29 AM PST

Lil Kim just completed her new video for the "Clap Clap/Black Friday" Nicki Minaj diss track.  We've got pics and video of the sneak peek from the Brooklyn streets used as her set when you read on...

The BK goons were out.

The new single 'Clap Clap' is debuting in the first week of February on the I.R.S. (International Rock Stars) Mixtape. Soon after the release of the mixtape, Lil' Kim will release her own mixtape.  And a full length album to follow.

Here's video:

 

Oh Kimmy....

 

Credits: TeamQueenB.com

No comments:

Post a Comment