Thursday, February 16, 2012

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Taylor Swift says she’s never going to feel like “writing dark songs & dancing in her bra”

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 08:53 AM PST

Taylor Swift was on the Today show… a few days ago? Sure. So I'm a little late getting to this story, but it's worth it because Swifty talks smack about her pop star competition! I'm over-hyping the story, of course. Swifty's version of "talking smack" is "making a light, general comment about scantily-clad pop stars." For the record, Swifty said "I'm never gonna have the moment where I'm like, 'I'm a woman now, guys. I'm only gonna write dark songs and I'm gonna dance in my bra all the time.' That's not really me." Swifty then coughed and pointed at this:

Here's more from her Today interview:

It has become a right of passage for many former teen idols to shed their squeaky-clean images, making way for more "adult-like" behavior. For Taylor Swift, however, the thought of abandoning her family friendly roots in favor of a Miley or Britney style evolution is not at all appealing.

"Hopefully it becomes a natural evolution of songwriting. I'm never gonna have the moment where I'm like, 'I'm a woman now, guys. I'm only gonna write dark songs and I'm gonna dance in my bra all the time.' That's not really me," Swift told Jenna Bush Hager in a Today interview. "I hope things will gradually evolve into growing up as people naturally grow up. I find that 22 is an age where a lot of times artists feel like they need to be like, 'I'm a woman now, guys.' But I don’t know, I feel like it should happen naturally for me. "

Swift is on track to release her next studio album sometime this year, as she told THR back in October, "I like to take two years to make a record." Appearing on the cover of Vogue last month, Swift said that her Speak Now follow up would be about "crash-and-burn heartbreak."

"I think that the way you live your life has to kind of come from a place of what you want your kids and your grandkids to look back on your life and read about you or think about you and the story you want to tell," Swift said of her public persona. "I think that has to come from a place of, 'This is the person that I want to be.' But on a bigger scale, in my life, who I choose to be as a person in this life really does affect other people."

[From The Hollywood Reporter]

OMG!!!! "Crash-and-burn heartbreak"!!!!!! THE SWANS! Haunted by Gyllenhaal! Abandoned by Eddie Redmayne! It's going to be so epic.

As for what Swifty is really talking about, growing up at her own pace, not wanting to be one of those girls who is all about sex appeal… I get it. I respect it. I like that Swifty owns that more demure image, and that young girls can listen to a pop star who isn't all about being sexually provocative. That being said, today's girlish is tomorrow's annoying. Sweet can move to Michelle Williams-like annoying preciousness and the image of perpetual "virginity". And that image – for an adult woman – bothers me too.

Thanks to Evil Beet for the tip!

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3726249 wenn5377309 wenn3727180

Cindy Crawford pulls the plug on daughter Kaia’s modeling: “She’s too young”

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 08:38 AM PST

A few months ago, Cindy Crawford’s 10-year-old daughter, Kaia Gerber, made her modeling debut (as seen above) in a Young Versace ad campaign. The general consensus from many of you is that Kaia was way too young for such a competitive field that’s focused on looks, and she should just be a kid for at least a little while longer. Well, Cindy Crawford agrees and has taken Kaia out of the modeling field for the immediate future.

Cindy’s stated reason for pulling the plug on Kaia’s career is that there are simply too few jobs available for someone as young as her daughter. However, I have to wonder whether Cindy is merely trying to save face within the industry and possibly saw something happen that she didn’t like. As in, maybe some sketchy photographer wanted Kaia to seductivly pose in skimpy clothing, and Cindy said, “F#*$ that sh*t.” After all, Cindy knows the drill and was probably being extra vigilant just to make sure her daughter didn’t fall into the wrong hands. If that’s the case, good for Mom:

Looks like Kaia Gerber is going to have to wait a few years before she becomes a supermodel like her mom!

After attracting massive amounts of attention for her Young Versace advertising campaign, Cindy Crawford has revealed that she is putting her 10-year-old’s modeling career on hold – and RadarOnline.com has the details.

“At this point, she's too young to pursue a career,” the 45-year-old supermodel told The Daily about her “mini me”. “There aren't even a handful of jobs for a 10-year-old girl.”

However, Crawford isn't against the idea of Kaia following in her footsteps down the catwalk in the future.

“But if she's 17 and wants to try it, of course, what can I say?”

Crawford continued about her daughter: “She kind of jokingly said – I’m not even sure if it was jokingly – ‘I might model first because you don’t have to know how to do anything, but then I want to be a baby nurse.’”

“I’m so thrilled that Kaia was chosen to be part of the first Young Versace campaign,” Cindy stated in a press release about Kaia’s Versace campaign at the time of release.

“I have so many fond memories of the times I spent with Gianni and Donatella. There is something so very special about the House of Versace. Being on-set with my daughter watching her in front of the camera was a fantastic experience. I am so proud of her.”

[From Radar]

As far as Kaia’s hopeful aspirations to one day be a pediatric nurse? I hope that happens. I really do. However, this situation reminds me of Reese Witherspoon’s early acting career when she was just getting noticed in Fear. There was an interview (which has disappeared, but I clearly remember hearing about it) where Reese stated that she really wanted to be a doctor (her dad is a surgeon) and planned on quitting acting after making a few more films. Well, we know how that worked out, right? So Kaia might really want to be an nurse, but if she truly gets bitten by the modeling bug (and with those looks, it’ll probably happen), those plans will likely fall by the wayside. Hopefully, Kaia will prove me wrong on that note because the world could use more nurses.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet

FFN_TRG_Gerber_Kaia_Ad_012412_8641241 FFN_Flynet_CCrawford_082611_Nightcrawler_50494004 FFN_Flynet_CCrawford_071011_Gangster_50532696 FP_8212583_CrawfordGerber_BeachDay_FP10FLY_14_15 FFN_CrawfordGerber_BeachDay_FP10FLY_112711jpg_8212509

Is this the real Victoria Beckham, or is it her wax figure?

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 08:23 AM PST

I glanced through these photos last night and hand to God, my first thought was "Oh, they made another wax figure of Victoria Beckham! They did a decent job on this one." Surprise, surprise. This is REALLY Victoria, not her wax figure. I made the same mistake with some Nicole Kidman photos a few months ago too, but in that case I thought the wax Nicole was the real (Botox) Nicole. Anyway, Posh and Anna Wintour (and Hamish Bowles, Georgina Chapman and several others) were together in NYC to promote the "GREAT" Britain campaign, a campaign "that aims to promote the best of all things British around the world." It's something about the UK wanting tourism money for the Olympics and the Queen's Diamond Jubilee, I guess. You can read more about it here, and here's Vogue's commemorative photo:

Incidentally, Posh's latest line (which she's promoting during NYFW) is getting solid-to-great reviews. There are rumors that she's going to dress several women for the Oscars too! Something about Gwyneth Paltrow, Charlize Theron and Cameron Diaz? I don't even know if all of those ladies are coming, much less coming and wearing Posh's designs. Anyway, here and more pics of Posh looking like a wax statue…she seriously looks ILL in the closeups. Maybe she's just exhausted? Could be.

Oh, and here's a photo David Beckham took of his wife posing with his New York City billboard. She looks like she's cupping them. Maybe giving them a little tug too? Goldenballs put this photo on his Facebook page with the sweet message, "So proud of my wife taking #NYFW by the balls." Cute!

Photos courtesy of David's Facebook, WENN, Fame/Flynet.
wenn5794754 posh2 wenn3732500 wenn3732501 wenn3732502 posh1

“Toddlers & Tiaras” moms get pageant makeovers, they say “Dance Moms” are mean

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 07:56 AM PST


Remember the story of “Honey Boo Boo Child,” the 6 year-old Toddlers & Tiaras star whose obese mom regularly gives her “go go juice,” a concoction of Red Bull and Mountain Dew, to prepare for pageants? Well little Alanna aka “Honey Boo Boo Child” is one of the stars of the show who will appear on Anderson Cooper in an episode to air Friday. Anderson talks to the moms about their controversial choice to put their daughters in pageants. He also gives them “pageant makeovers” in an attempt to try and help them identify with what they’re putting their daughters through. Of course these women aren’t self aware enough for it to work at all, and they just see it as good fun. Meanwhile they also call the Dance Moms “brutal” and “worse than us,” but they’ve conveniently minimized what they regularly do to their own daughters. There have been scenes in which the moms are shown bleaching their daughters’ teeth, giving them spray tans, shaving their legs, and having them get painful eyebrow waxes.

TLC’s “Toddlers & Tiaras” always shows little girls getting over-the-top dolled up for this beauty pageant and that. The young ladies spend hours in the makeup chair, a few more hours getting their hair (or sometimes, wig) done and then don outrageously expensive gowns and other custom-made costumes.

But on Friday, fans and detractors of the popular series will see something a bit different when four “Toddlers” mamas and their tots — Alana and mom June, EverRose and mom Kayla, Laci and mom Alicia, and Paisley and mom Wendy — appear on “Anderson.” The host, in an effort to get the mothers to see what their little girls go through for the pageants, gave the ladies a makeover, but not just any makeover — they’re dressed up in their daughters’ favorite pageant looks.

But still, it didn’t seem to change everyone’s minds.

Anderson: Going through the whole process does it make you at all rethink or put yourself in your daughter’s shoes in a way you didn’t before?
June (Honey Boo Boo’s mom): I don’t rethink any decision that I’ve made for my daughter as far as pageants. This was all in fun for us today, yeah, the corset is a little tight. With her, she enjoys doing it, so we are going to continue doing it.

Anderson: What about for your daughter? Does [dressing up like your daughter] make you think differently for dressing your daughter like this?
Alicia (Laci in the Lady Gaga costume’s mom): Not at all. I mean, she doesn’t have anything, it’s different for children, it’s not showing anything, it’s a swimsuit for her.

On how they’re better than the Dance Moms
Audience: I was wondering what you thought of the show “Dance Moms” and if you found yourselves being compared to the show?
Paisleys Mom: they make us look good.
Alanna: They are worse than us, they make us look really good.
Anderson: What do you mean they’re worse?
Alanna: They are brutal. That one mom.
Kayla: I think they are mean, they seem mean-hearted.

[Introduction from The Clicker and transcript via The Anderson Cooper show]

Well of course they don’t think they’re as bad as the Dance Moms. I haven’t seen that show, but I bet they’re about the same. It might be all down to editing too. I’m just disappointed that the mom who puts padded boobs and a fake butt on her 4 year-old didn’t get a makeover.

By the way, Paisley, the girl shown below, is the same one whose mom put her in the “Pretty Woman” “prostitot” costume. Look at how ridiculous the mom looks in a similar outfit.

Here’s a preview of the show and I’ll have more clips up shortly. (I had to upload them and they need to be approved at Metacafe before we can post them.) These photos are priceless enough on their own though.
video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Beyonce “is enjoying this time off” so much that she’s going back to work soon

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 07:53 AM PST

Ah, more Beyonce news. First, I'd like to thank everyone for posting like crazy on Monday's Beyonce story, all about why she and Jay-Z skipped the Grammys. I would still like the know what really happened there, and if they were actually scheduled to come, but I considered that story kind of a throw-away. Little did I know you guys were hungry for more Beyonce! So here you go. Us Weekly has been running these stories every few days, to the point where I think something fishy is going on – the stories are always about how Beyonce is such a great and devoted mother and all that. Which she very well may be, and probably is. But does Bey have to keep calling her publicist to remind him to remind people that she's a mom now?

Beyonce’s fans worldwide might have to wait a while for her album — because this superstar loves being a full-time mom to Blue Ivy Carter!

Since giving birth to her first child with hubby Jay-Z Jan. 7, the “Love on Top” singer, 30, has been holed up in the couple’s Scarsdale, New York mansion and $6.85 million Tribeca loft nursing her daughter.

“She has been totally doting on Blue,” a source close to the diva tells Us. “She’s up whenever the baby’s up!”

And the self-described workaholic — who typically toured, recorded albums and promoted her perfumes and clothing line at a nonstop clip — welcomes the lifestyle change.

“She’s enjoying this time off,” the source says.

[From Us Weekly]

Would you like to know how much Beyonce is enjoying this time off? She's enjoying it so much, she's preparing to work throughout the year on two new albums, one with original songs and the other a soundtrack for A Star Is Born, which Bey is scheduled to remake with Clint Eastwood (which is probably filming this year too):

Maternity leave may not be for everyone — especially not for one of music's hardest working pop divas, Beyoncé. Singer-songwriter Ryan Tedder, who landed a Grammy for his work on Adele’s mega-seller, “21,” told the BoomBox during Sunday's Grammy ceremony that the singer was readying two projects for 2012.

“The conversations about her next album literally just started and there [are] two projects happening,” the OneRepublic frontman said. “All I can say is you kind of feed her the best that you have and she’s this phenomenal filter and she takes it all in.”

Tedder says he is submitting songs about motherhood. And although he didn't reveal any details about the singer’s second project, it may be a safe guess to say that it will be some sort of soundtrack to her upcoming Clint Eastwood-directed update of "A Star Is Born," which was postponed after the star announced she was pregnant at the 2011 MTV Video Music Awards.

Beyoncé’s last album, “4,” didn’t yield the blockbuster single people expected from the singer, but it still managed to sell more than 1.1 million copies, according to Nielsen SoundScan. The album was also heralded by critics for its genre-blending sounds that pushed the singer outside the boundaries of radio-friendly pop. Tedder said listeners should expect the singer to continue staying away from pop trends on the next project.

“She’s not interested in 2012, [she's interested in] what’s [going to sound good for] 2013,” he revealed. “Without question, she steers the ship. [With] Beyoncé, you just let her go, she’s ridiculous, she’s the best.”

[From LA Times]

Portrait of a Workaholic Diva Trying to Pretend She Enjoys Time Off. I bet she feels itchy, she just can’t wait to work again. I’m not judging – I’ve always admired her work ethic. But don’t try to convince me that you love being at home with the baby! I wonder when Bey is due to begin filming with Clint Eastwood? I'm disappointed that the remake is going through – I figured the project would crash and burn at some point. Here's hoping it still does, because Clint + Beyonce + a remake of A Star Is Born = TOTAL DISASTER.

Oh, and I missed this – Beyonce did post something about Whitney Houston on her website – you can read it here.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
bey1 wenn3485349 wenn3485573

Blake Lively’s “sexy nurse” ensemble: oddly cute or kind-of tacky?

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 07:17 AM PST

Here's Blake Lively at the Noon by Noor show yesterday, at NYFW. She was really posing her ass off outside the venue, wasn't she? That's some serious "model face". Thoughts on Blake's ensemble? It feels like a nurse's getup. But because it's Blake, and she has that downmarket look, I feel like the white dress/suit is a tear-away, and she's going to strip for us in her "naughty nurse" lingerie after the show. I also have mixed feeling about brown tights with a white ensemble. It's not as terrible as it should be, right? It comes close to working on her. The combination of brown tights with those too-light shoes has got to stop, though. That's horrible.

Yesterday, I actually sat down and read Blake's full Elle Magazine interview – remember, she covers the March issue of Elle? We already covered the most note-worthy excerpts, like Blake's claim that she's only slept with four dudes, and all of them were boyfriends. I'm not going to exert myself and actually go find the issue of Elle to get more quotes, but I will say this – after reading the entire article, I got a completely different feeling for Blake. In previous interviews, I always got the sense that she was an undercover bitch, you know? The Queen Bee type, the one who is always angling and scheming, a girl who is rather full of herself. And while Elle points out that she is in fact a "Queen Bee" (she definitely has some entitlement issues, I think), they actually stress how nice and generous she is. So either she's changing, or she's trying to change her image a little bit. She's going for girlish, sweet, loves-to-cook, girl-next-door these days, just FYI.

One last Blake story – Christian Louboutin has already sent her his entire Spring collection. She told People Magazine several days ago, “My gosh, [the spring collection] was sent to my house today, and they’re so beautiful. They’re amazing. They are the most beautiful shoes out there. And incredibly innovative." Jealous?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3732387 wenn3732380 wenn3732386 wenn3732383 wenn3732384

Stacy Keibler at the Marchesa show: how busted and cheap did everyone look?

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 06:11 AM PST

These are all photos from yesterday's Marchesa show at New York Fashion Week. Can we just call it now? Marchesa was the most busted show in town. Harsh? True? First of all, Marchesa designs are themselves pretty busted, cheap and tacky. I tend to think women only wear Marchesa to curry favor with Harvey Weinstein, because his wife Georgina Chapman is co-designer of the line. Because there is seriously no other reason why women would choose to wear Marchesa. Also notable: considering Harvey's pull, there was a serious lack of quality "gets" for the show. Like, Stacy Keibler was the biggest "get". And she did NOT look happy about it. I would be making a monster bitchface if I was wearing that dress too. I would also be photographed constantly mid-eye-roll if my makeup guy did this to me. Oh, Stacy. You look like a coven of bitchy drag queens styled you. Bad show. Barbie, I hope you do better for the Oscars.

Guess who else was at the show? RACCOON MCPANTLESS!!!!!! She coordinated her raccoon eye makeup to her dress too. Raccoon in navy!!! Who is she kissing up to?

Here's Petra Nemcova, looking particularly cheap. I told you this was the most busted show in town. Poor Petra looks like she has a case of Paris Hilton wonk-eye.

I will never understand how and why Bar Refaeli is considered a supermodel. To me, she’s just kind of an average-pretty girl with a nice figure. She just isn’t striking or interesting. At the show, it’s not that she looked any more or less busted than anyone else, I just barely noticed her.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
marchesa_arrivals_14_wenn3733068 marchesa_arrivals_18_wenn3733072 marchesa_arrivals_13_wenn3733067 marchesa_arrivals_03_wenn3733057 marchesa_arrivals_15_wenn3733069 marchesa_arrivals_22_wenn3733076

Chris Brown’s pickup line: “Can I get your number? I promise I won’t beat you”

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 06:09 AM PST


This headline kind of speaks for itself, and it’s in US Weekly so it sounds like more than just a rumor. First we’ll recap yesterday’s story, in which Chris Brown lashed out, via Twitter, at people who dared question his Grammy win and performances in light of his domestic violence conviction. He wrote, in part, “HATE ALL U WANT BECUZ I GOT A GRAMMY Now! That's the ultimate F**K OFF!” Chris deleted those tweets but the damage was already done. Radar online had a follow-up story that claimed Chris’ mom put him on blast for being such a petty whiny bitch, as usual. They quoted an insider who had this to say about his mom’s response:

"Joyce is absolutely livid that those vile words and rants were posted on Chris’ Twitter page. She isn’t buying his excuse that he didn’t post it and she has told him that it is his Twitter page, and only he should be posting to it, period," a source close to the situation tells RadarOnline.com.

"She feels like people were just waiting for a negative reaction to what others were saying about him. She had begged Chris to just ignore it and she is just beside herself that after such successful performances at the Grammys and winning the award, people are now talking about this Twitter controversy.”

[From Radar]

I’m sure his management team was worried too. Last month, Chris’ manager, Tina Brown, told the press that her client would not be doing any interviews for 2012, probably because they knew they couldn’t avoid angry outbursts like the window-smashing incident at GMA.

Chris deleted his entire Twitter feed apart from 11 tweets, but the damage was already done. While some fools were tweeting yesterday that they would let him beat them, the twitter topic “RIP Chris Brown” was trending after his outburst.


Getting back to the headline story, here’s US’ report on the obnoxious pickup line Chris regularly uses. This is yet another example of how he has no understanding of the gravity of what he did to Rihanna. He doesn’t care, and he’ll joke about it:

Chris Brown… confidently approached an attractive brunette February 10 at [a] Grammy gift lounge and asked her, “Can I get your number? I promise I won’t beat you!” the woman tells Hot Stuff. [US Weekly].

“He and his friends laughed, then one yelled, ‘That’s his new line!’ Ugh! I wanted to throw up!” (Says Brown’s rep, “I’d be surprised if Chris said something that stupid.”)

[From US Weekly, print edition, February 27, 2012]

Isn’t his rep’s response priceless? It’s like “he could have said something that stupid, but we’ve been coaching him on it forever.”

Meanwhile Rihanna celebrated her 24th birthday on Monday night with a party in Beverly Hills. Reports claimed that Chris was there, which makes it sound as if they’re at least friendly. We’ve heard rumors for some time that they’ve been hooking up, but that Rihanna’s people have urged her to stay away from her abuser.

Chris is shown performing in October (credit: WENN) and out in December (credit: Fame). He’s also shown yesterday. (credit: Fame/Flynet)

Michelle Williams’ pink Dior gown in Paris: adorable or cotton-candy disaster?

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 05:45 AM PST

Here are photos of Michelle Williams at the Paris premiere of My Week With Marilyn. I don't… I can't… ugh. She's wearing head-to-toe Dior – her dress is Christian Dior Couture from the Spring 2011 collection, which surprised me because this looks like a vintage dress. And I said that to myself in a bitchy way, like, "This looks like vintage. How sad." For the most part, I dislike blondes in pink. I feel it's too obvious, too cutesy. Someone like Viola Davis can work a bubble-gum pink dress and she'll look awesome and vibrant. On someone like Michelle, with her little Mia Farrow haircut and her affected "fragile" look and vibe, it just seems too… childish. It's not just the color – it's the style too. The bow at the bust is killing me. Then the lacy appliqués and the long train… it's all just… too much.

I'm going to go on, okay? It feels prom-y, like Gwyneth Paltrow's 1999 Oscar dress. It also gives me a strong cotillion vibe – in many cotillions, the girls can only wear white, but sometimes they can pick their own gowns, and this style and color will be a popular choice for Southern debutantes. While there is nothing empirically wrong with prom dresses or cotillion dresses, or even with too-girlish, too-twee dresses, I just get so tired of it on Michelle. But I've learned not to expect her to rock my fashion world. This is her "thing." Cutesy. Girlish. Virginal. Which is a whole other discussion.

Oh, and she looks like an upside-down cotton candy ball. There, I said it.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3732174 wenn3732173 wenn3732175 wenn3732181 wenn3732179

Jennifer Lopez tweets pic of herself & Casper Smart, deletes it quickly

Posted: 16 Feb 2012 05:21 AM PST

Funny story – Jennifer Lopez tweeted the above photo ^^^ of herself and Casper Smart earlier this week and quickly deleted it. Thankfully, The Mail and some other sites got their hands on the photo before Jennifer deleted it. What is she playing at? What does this move mean? I would understand what it meant if Jennifer merely tweeted this "sweet" photo and left it up for everyone to see. The message would be, "This is my boyfriend, we're in love, and we don't care who knows." But by deleting it, it's like Jennifer is saying, "That's my boyfriend, but I'm kind of ashamed of it."

Anyway, you remember how the tabloids are completely schizophrenic about Jennifer's relationship with Casper, right? Some say Jennifer is just using Casper as a rebound. Some say she's totally going to end up marrying this poor boy. Well, that speculation is still ongoing. Life & Style (via Jezebel) has a new report this week claiming that Jennifer has already moved Casper into her home(s) and Casper is already involved in “every facet of her life, from family vacations to photo shoots.”

Apparently, she's already talking about marrying him, a friend claims: "She talks all the time about getting married again. This is so Jennifer. She jumps into love and really goes for it." And Casper has already proposed too, according to this report, although the friend notes that Jennifer "already treats him like a husband." But it's not all good – Jennifer's friends (her employees?) "are desperately trying to slam on the brakes and prevent her from repeating her lifelong pattern of sprinting down the aisle." However, Gossip Cop spoke to Jennifer's rep, who said the L&S report is "inaccurate." Who are you going to believe, Jennifer's rep or Jennifer's Twitter account?

Photos courtesy of WENN, The Mail, Fame/Flynet.
jlo1 wenn3704708 FFN_LopezSmart_Exit_NYC_013112_8687756

No comments:

Post a Comment