Thursday, May 26, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Did Benjamin Millepied introduce his pregnant jumpoff to his ex?

Posted: 26 May 2011 09:00 AM PDT

53663pcn_portman03a

This could have been a half-decent scandal, but Page Six is making it sound like nothing much happened. A few nights ago, Natalie Portman went to the American Ballet Theatre's new show (which her baby-daddy Benjamin Millepied choreographed - partially). Natalie might have run into Isabella Boylston, the chick who was Benjamin's girlfriend when he began work on Black Swan - Isabella was the chick that got dumped in favor of Natalie (and her industry connections). Page Six doesn't say whether or not the two women actually came face-to-face though.

There appears to be no tension between Natalie Portman and the American Ballet Theater’s Isabella Boylston, the ballerina dumped by choreographer Benjamin Millepied when he met the “Black Swan” star, who’s now his fiancée. A heavily pregnant and glowing Portman accompanied Millepied to ABT’s performance of his new piece in the company’s repertory program Tuesday night.

But first she watched his former girlfriend dance as a lead in a work which included most of the company. Boylston also performed in the last piece. Missing was soloist Sarah Lane, who caused a controversy when she said she did most of the dancing for the “Black Swan” part that won Portman an Oscar.

Lane said earlier this year, “I’ve been doing this for 22 years, and to say that someone trained for a year and a half and did what I did is degrading not only to me but to the entire ballet world.”

While ABT reps didn’t get back to us, we’re told Lane was due to take to the stage last night.

[From Page Six]

Oooh, so Sarah Lane didn't show up. Wait, if Benjamin choreographed at least one of the pieces, did he cast it too? Did he cast his ex-girlfriend Isabella and his current pregnant girlfriend's former body/dance double Sarah Lane? I guess my question is - does Benjamin screw around on Natalie with any ballerina he can get? And, does the Black Swan-dance double controversy hurt Benjamin within the ranks of the ballet community? If ballerinas are boycotting anything to do with Benjamin (and Natalie!), he might have a bigger problems.

60475pcn_millepied06

54103pcn_nataliepreg04

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News.

Ryan Reynolds: “anyone who gets divorced [has] pain… I’m a different person”

Posted: 26 May 2011 08:57 AM PDT

ryanreynolds
Ryan Reynolds is the cover boy for the June issue of Details. The Details people sent us some advance quote and you can read more and see a hot looking slideshow (if you’re into Reynolds) on their website.

I’m not a big fan of his and I find him full of himself, but as I’ve mentioned in the past I think he’s changed over the past year or so and has lost some of his arrogance. I’m probably influenced by Lainey more than anything, as she’s interviewed Ryan and vouches that he’s not the dick he used to be. Plus she’s Canadian like Ryan and is privy to more of their gossip up North. Kaiser doesn’t agree and says he’s still an assh*le. Maybe he is and he’s just learned to tone it down. He says a lot of goofy things in this interview, but he gets serious too and tries to be introspective. He doesn’t come across badly here:

On his next career move and masturbating over Skype
“I don’t really know what I’m going to do next,” Reynolds says. “I’ll meet with some directors via Skype. If the camera angle’s just right, you can be ferociously masturbating and they have no idea.”

On not settling on one genre of films
"I'm not declaring nothing, man! I'm getting away with something I'd like to continue getting away with."

Joking about his dark side
"You want to see what I'm like when we turn the tape recorder off? I slit throats, that's what I do. I only drink panda tears. Do not bring me water. Do not bring me filtered water. I want the tears of a newborn panda, and I will have them—because I'm Ryan Reynolds!"

On not sharing details of his divorce
"I'll say this: the media was not invited to my marriage, and they're definitely not invited into the divorce."

On his divorce
“Anyone who gets divorced goes through a lot of pain,” he says, “but you come out of it. I’m not out of it yet. At all. But I sense that as I do come through it, there’s optimism. How can there not be? I don’t think I want to get married again, but you always reevaluate these things. Any kind of crisis can be good. It wakes you up. I gotta say, I’m a different person than I was six months ago.”

“Departing a relationship and still maintaining the idea that this is still the same person I married is a great luxury that I experienced. Thankfully I was in a relationship where two people chose to remain on the high road in every regard.”

On how the press got his divorce wrong
“What was happening privately was the exact opposite of what was being reported,” he says. “There was no story and no scandal, so the narrative was just created for me. That was the most disturbing part. I wasn’t angry. I absolutely predicted every beat of it. There’s an entire economy around this sort of thing—therefore it’s gotta happen one way or another. There was a time, though, when looking at the Internet was a miracle cure for feeling good about myself.”

On being single
“You’ve got walls up in a way you didn’t before,” he admits. “But you’re also open to things in a way you weren’t before. I have no interest in dating right now. It just seems so kind of alien to me at this point. I’ve been in relationships pretty much since high school. Some people look at that as a good thing. I think wiser people might see that as a house of cards.”

Of course, there’s the pretty German model he’s been seen with around Cape Town. That’s his business, but more to the point, he seems content to be his own man for a while and wait to see where the next adventure takes him.

“I’m very happy not to be in a relationship right now. That’s okay. I didn’t plan on it, that’s for sure . . . but that’s okay.”

[From Details]

I don’t get how you can get divorced and think it’s still the same person you married. From what I’ve known of friends’ divorces, it’s all about how the other person changed or isn’t who they thought they were, or did something so unforgivable that they looked at them totally differently afterwards. This stuff about how Ryan and Scarjo took the high road and still had high regard for each other isn’t ringing true to me, but he’s so vague about it all that I guess I can’t judge. I like what he said about how it’s like a house of cards when you’re divorced and you shouldn’t try to date right away. He’s growing on me, but I think I’d find him of putting if he weren’t famous. He makes a lot of stupid wisecracks that sound awkward and forced, like a frat guy with his buddies. Those dudes grow up but do they ever really change?

Here’s Ryan at Comicon on 3/31/11. The doucheface is strong with this one.

wenn5631447

fp_7081016_cinemacon_ria_04

wenn5631448

Photo Credit: WENN.com and Fame

Katherine Heigl’s latest hairstyle: cotton candy grandma chic?

Posted: 26 May 2011 08:30 AM PDT

heigl_medical_centre_13_wenn5661698

It's like a thing now. Katherine Heigl's hair is always a complete mess, but from day to day, it's a mess in a completely different way. Heigl's been doing this country-western theme as of late, so she's been wandering around with giant, teased up granny hair that is bleached into oblivion. She's also been wearing cowboy boots, spangles, anything with fringe, large belt buckles, and lots of suede. It's all pretty much a catastrophe.

So what's new today? Well, we got a close-up look at the profile of the hair. WTF is she doing to her poor hair? Does she hate herself that much? Look at awful it looks! It’s seriously grandma hair. That white-blonde, the cotton-candy look, with the back teased up. Total grandmother.

heigl_medical_centre_08_wenn5661703

Anyway, this whole outing was to some kind of medical center. Josh, Katherine's husband, was there. As was Katherine's mother, of course. I just… I feel so bad for Josh. He's not only married to Katherine Heigl (poor bastard) but he never even gets to spend time with her one-on-one. Her mom is ALWAYS around.

wenn5661562

wenn5661563

heigl_medical_centre_12_wenn5661699

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Justin Bieber’s $25k custom Baby Stewie bling - cute or such a total idiotic waste?

Posted: 26 May 2011 08:16 AM PDT

fp_7063772_ang_bieber_justi
Here’s Justin Bieber wearing a widdle Baby Stewie from Family Guy pendant that’s made with white diamonds and multi-colored rubies. It was custom made and TMZ got some quotes from the jeweler about how Justin helped “design” it and had a “vision” for it, despite the fact that it’s a well known cartoon character of someone else’s copywritten design, and Bieb’s vision came from watching TV. It’s 14 carats and the Bieb dropped $25k on it.

stewie

Now that I’ve done a little digging, it looks like TMZ just got the quotes from the jeweler’s blog, where he has a video of the pendant being made. (Below.) I was kind of fascinated by it, especially by the application of the tiny diamonds, but I also like to watch those shows where they show the manufacturing process for various products.

So is this pendant a total f’ing waste? You know, Kim Kardashian just got an engagement ring that’s 20 carats and cost $2 million dollars. That puts a little diamond encrusted Stewie to shame.

Plus nothing tops the 1/2 a million dollar “crayon bling” necklace that Jamaican singer Sean Kingston had - before he tried to ship it cross country and lost it. Unlike Sean Kingston, Bieber could probably afford this. The Bieb is young and he has a whole career ahead of him to waste money on jewelry and toys, the lucky little shit.

fp_7063773_ang_bieber_justi

Courtney Love: “These days, I’m very virginal when it comes to drugs”

Posted: 26 May 2011 07:56 AM PDT

wenn3351433

I've been eying this damn Courtney Love interview for days. I didn't even want to get started on it, because Courtney is a cesspool of delusion, drugs, alcohol, chanting and insanity. CB and I were just debating what's wrong with her, and whether she's ever really had a moment of lucidity at any point over the past decade. According to Courtney, she's totally fine. According to CB, journalists help enable Courtney's issues by making her sound lucid. According to me, Courtney is a pit of despair, hyper-narcissism and crazy. If you'd like to read her full interview at The Fix, go here. Supposedly, the interview is all about her sobriety. FOR REAL. Here are some highlights:

CL on drugs: "I've been maligned as this drug freak for years, and I'm getting tired of it. That’s not the way I live anymore. Obviously I've had a lot of issues in the past, but that was years ago. Since then, I’ve worked really hard to get myself together, but for some reason I've remained a punch-line. You know, I try to work a good program. I don't do smack. I don't do crack anymore. I’ve never taken Special K or Ecstasy. I've been tempted, but every time I've wanted to try Ecstasy, I was talked out of it. I did do M.D.M.A., however, a very long time ago. I've always been an early adapter. But I still can’t escape the stigma for some reason. Even people like Kelly Osbourne feel free to f-ck with me. A few nights ago, when she appeared on Fashion Police with Joan Rivers, the bitch called me a crackhead."

CL on Kelly Osbourne (and other celebrities): "She called me a crackhead! That's what my sister told me. I don't know. I didn't want to go YouTube it—it would piss me off too much. But we’re talking about f-cking Kelly Osbourne, you know? This is a girl whose life I have saved twice, once with C.P.R. and another time with C.P.R. and violence—by which I mean I had to poke her furiously in certain places to wake her up from her coma. When Kelly was on X Factor, her mother had to pay a P.R. guy in the UK 100,000 pounds a month to cover up her daughter’s drug problems. She's been sober for how long? Less than a year? Good for her! But it wasn’t that long ago when Kim Stewart was screaming, "Courtney, what are we going to do? Kelly Osbourne is blue on the floor!" Kelly wasn't doing that well back then. For some reason, Kim Stewart also called me when Paris Hilton got pulled over for her last D.U.I. And Lindsay Lohan called me after she was arrested. The judge presiding over her case was the same judge who presided over mine. He was a very sweet man. I think he was an ex-alcoholic himself. I told Lindsay to just get it together and trust the judge, and Lindsay’s father called me for advice every day. I’m not even that friendly with these girls. What am I, a junkie Auntie Mame?"

Back to Kelly Osbourne: "After Kim Stewart called I rushed over to help her—she was lying unconscious in the bathroom at Rod Stewart’s house. I reached into her massive boobs and I pulled out a tennis ball filled with a substantial amount of blow and 80 milligrams of Oxy. I tried to flush everything down the toilet. But there was a person there who begged me to keep the drugs so we could use them later. I was like, "No, no, the drugs must be flushed! The West Hollywood sheriff is outside. So, it was kind of upsetting to hear that she was trashing me on national TV. Apparently, Joan Rivers ran a red-carpet clip of me on Fashion Police, and Kelly Osbourne kept saying I looked like a crackhead, which was really strange, because she knows perfectly well that I haven’t touched a narcotic since 2005. In fact, I was wearing a glamorous Givenchy gown that was sent to me personally by the head of Christian Dior. I looked impeccable in every way. And I was sober as a judge.

On her addictions: "Yeah, I'm definitely an addict. Maybe [an alcoholic]. But I don’t really think so. I raise my hand at A.A. meetings, but I have never finished a full beer in my life…. Not long ago, I went to this place in Malibu where you can get fresh fish and chips, and ordered a Japanese beer, and sat and watched the sun go down, and I couldn't finish it. My addiction is just about feeling comfortable in my own skin. I don’t like losing control. You couldn't pay me a billion dollars to take marijuana. I don't really like coke anymore. I'm scared of ecstasy. The one drug I’d like to try one day is Ayahuasca, which should be mandatory for everybody. It's apparently this crazy tea that gives you these intense hallucinations. Everyone who takes it sees a wise old black man who takes you on a wild journey. I'm not going to name names, but everyone who takes it sees the same black guy. I’m not kidding you. Everyone!

Prescription drugs: "Well, for the past few years I was taking lots of Adderall, a drug that was legitimately prescribed to me by a respectable physician. But after Britney freaked out a couple of years ago, and her toxicology report said she was taking a much lower dose than I was, I decided to get off that sh-t. I knew I had to work a serious program again."

The difficulty with full-blown sobriety: It’s complicated. I was arguing with some guy the other day—a sober scion of a very wealthy English family. He’s always righteously lecturing me about abstinence, abstinence, abstinence. After a few hours of this I got angry and screamed, “Get away from me you dumb British f-ck! You probably were just out chasing the dragon!" I mean, abstinence is a nice idea but I don't know if it's right for everyone. Especially for someone who was nursed on a steady diet of Valium and Ritalin from the time I was eight, thanks to my fine mother.

On being virginal about drugs: You know what’s funny? People in the flyover states tend to think that all the celebrities on both coasts are constantly high. They think that we’re all on some uber-drug. But the thing is, they’re kind of right. But somehow most of them manage to function, more or less. The biggest celebrities and movers and shakers I know are also some of the worst alcoholics and drug addicts. But you’d never know it by looking at them. Now that I'm trying to stay sober, I try my best to stay away from that crowd, but it's not always easy. These days, I'm very virginal when it comes to drugs.

On boyfriends: Shut Up! I'm trying to get it together. It's no secret that I'm looking to fall in love again. I'd like to find a guy who's more settled and older. But I still have some standards, you know. I'm an alpha female, so I can't have a troll for a boyfriend…. I had this Norma Desmond moment, I guess. I started sleeping with this dude who wasn't so great, and then I hooked up with another dude who was in an open marriage, but he wasn't so great, either. I’m a very sexual person, but in general, I think sex is kind of overrated. Most of the guys I sleep with have tended to be actors and musicians and directors. And they tend to be lousy lays. Actually, these days I'm only interested in plutocrats. Like really, really rich guys. I'm determined to land one sooner or later. My favorite book these days is something called The Official Filthy Rich Handbook, which I study like the Talmud. The thing is, I think I can be a real asset to a wealthy man. I've always been a great girlfriend, but until recently I've struggled to stay single, because I had never been without a boyfriend before. It's just my nature to couple up. I'm not saying that I'm completely monogamous—I'm too much of a libertine for that. But I've always craved real relationships. I did really well with the boys for a while. But then I developed this reputation as a crazy drug addict and a lot of men were turned off by me. Even now, in New York, my reputation is still pretty shitty. People still think that I'm the same sad skank I was in 2005.

Courtney on her "bottom”: "No, my bottom was snorting blow up Pamela Anderson's ass! [laughs] Actually my real bottom was buying my pharmacists on both coasts wide-screen plasma TVs for Christmas! The Pam Anderson roast on VH1 wasn't a great moment for me, either. I was a mess. I had lipstick smeared all over my face. I was doped and dazed. I may have even been drooling. But it's all Andy Dick's fault, really. He handed me a pill right before the show and said, "Courtney, take this, it's like Vicodin without the aspirin." It fucked me up bad. Winona Ryder slipped me a similar pill a few months earlier. I'm such an addict that I just swallowed them both, without asking what they were. So thanks to Andy Dick I ended up accidentally getting addicted to benzos, which went on to plague my life.

[From The Fix]

That Pamela Anderson roast was 2005. And Courtney is a mess. Just an absolute mess. I can't even count or detail all of the contradictions in Courtney's "I'm SO SOBER, SLUTS!" argument. At one point, she's even whipping out all of her prescription pill bottles for the interviewer - who is allegedly writing about how Courtney is SOBER. Good God.

Oh, and in case you wanted to know, Courtney says Kurt Cobain was hung like a horse. Who would have thought? Ugh.

UPDATE: The Fix put up Part II of the interview. Go here to read it. There’s some stuff about Gwyenth: “For some reason I don't have the sense of self-preservation that other people do, which hasn't always won me a lot of friends. But as Gwyneth once said to me, ‘Once you're A-list, you're always A-list,’ and I try to remember that.”

wenn3353971

wenn3353991

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Angelina Jolie & Brad Pitt go shopping for Shiloh’s fifth birthday

Posted: 26 May 2011 07:52 AM PDT

fp_7372872_pitt_jolie_fp9_03_14

In the end, it was just too much color for her. Her system got overloaded by red-orange-coral sacky goodness and she ordered the gerbils to prepare a very special all-black ensemble for yet another outing, this one designed specifically to make us forget that she ever, EVER wore a color. So the gerbils arranged this outing - Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, exiting Ozzie Dots yesterday in LA. Apparently the store is some kind of party supply place, and they got what seems to be birthday party decorations. Probably for Shiloh's fifth birthday, which is this Friday (tomorrow!)? For some reason, though, I doubt Shiloh wanted a birthday theme of anything you could find at a party supply store. She probably wanted a samurai theme and Angelina was like "How about ponies? How about a horse theme, babe?"

Also, notice that in every photo, Angelina isn't putting that lollipop to her mouth. It's a prop! I want to see her eat a lollipop. I suspect she doesn't know how to. She's probably just holding it for Brad. Oh, and she's carrying a Louis Vuitton bag. Of course!

Meanwhile, Brad has been talking about the Missouri floods and all of the terrible tornados in the Midwest: "I spent a lot of time in Joppa Joplin*, MO. My grandparents are from there and it is about 50 or 60 miles from where I grew up, so we're looking into it now… My thoughts are certainly with (the victims) and of course a lot of them will be coming out in the next few days, they have a big mountain ahead of them. I wish them the best."

*Note by Celebitchy: The quoted text on the source incorrectly names the city devastated by tornadoes as Joppa. Thanks to those of you who pointed out that it’s Joplin, MO.

fp_7373337_pitt_jolie_fp9_10_14-1

fp_7373335_pitt_jolie_fp9_08_14

fp_7373340_pitt_jolie_fp9_13_14

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Cheryl Cole fired from ‘The X Factor’ - was it because of her accent?

Posted: 26 May 2011 07:44 AM PDT

wenn3339651

Poor Cheryl Cole. She's never going to "happen" in America. All of that boob-flashing and hair-teasing and D-list boyfriend-dumping for naught! According to TMZ, Cheryl Cole was dumped ("fired") from the American version of The X Factor this week. Sources claim that Cheryl is being replaced with… Nicole Scherzinger, that chick from The Pussycat Dolls who looks like a budget Kim Kardashian (to me). Nicole was supposed to be the co-host of the show, but now she's moved to the judges' table and she'll be "mentoring" the contestants too. After TMZ's initial report of Cheryl's firing, they had this story about the reasons behind the replacement:

Cheryl Cole was dropped from the judging panel on “X-Factor” largely because producers were concerned her English accent would be too difficult for an American audience to understand … sources close to the production tell TMZ. .

There were other issues too — we’re told Cheryl and fellow judge Paula Abdul had a “lack of chemistry” … and Cheryl was more expendable.

Producers now want Cheryl to return to the UK version of the show — but according to sources, Cheryl’s royally pissed over how this situation was handled … and may sever ties with “X-Factor” entirely.

With Cheryl out, Steve Jones will be the only host on the show — which debuts in September — while Nicole Scherzinger fills the open seat on the judging panel.

Calls to Simon Cowell still haven’t been returned.

[From TMZ]

Why am I laughing? Oh, God. How much does it suck to be told that you're more expendable than Paula Abdul?!? That's the lowest of the low blows. As far as Cheryl's accent goes, I realized that I hadn't really heard her speak that much, so I tried to find a decent interview where I could really hear the accent:

Aw, her accent isn't that bad. I mean, it's really thick and I have no idea if Americans in general would be able to understand her, but I watch a lot of British shows, so I can understand her. America: We only accept Hugh Grant's posh accent.

Honestly, though, my conspiracy hat is on. I doubt her accent is even one of the top five reasons she got pushed out.

Reason 1: America doesn't know who Cheryl Cole is, and we don't really care.
Reason 2: As a nation, we don't like women who wear THAT much makeup.
Reason 3: Because she's not as important as Paula Abdul. BURN!!
Reason 4: Because Cheryl is probably a violent racist.
Reason 5: This:

cole1

Reason 6: This:

wenn3331546

Reason 7: Her accent.

wenn3339609

Photos courtesy of WENN.

George Clooney plays a dad in new trailer for ‘The Descendants’

Posted: 26 May 2011 07:40 AM PDT

fp_4676457_clooney_george_lac_11_16

The trailer for George Clooney’s newest film, The Descendants, has arrived, and it’s rather reflective of the usual style of its director, Alexander Payne (Election; About Schmidt). Kaiser finds Payne to be an overrated director, and I’d tend to agree for the most part. I think Payne has an overall good message and is adept at critiquing society, but I’m not crazy about the “whimsical” way that his characters go about their journeys of self discovery. Perhaps it’s more of a quirky soundtrack thing that really bothers me, but whatever the case, I don’t rush to see Payne’s films, which are usually just variants of the same sad-yet-funny theme.

With The Descendants, Payne moves away from his midwestern comfort zone to relocate his characers to a Hawaiian setting. Like Schmidt (Jack Nicholson), Clooney’s character is yet another unexceptional American alienated from his surroundings, which in this case just happens to be his marriage and family. It’s rather difficult to discuss the film’s synopsis without revealing what look to be very pivotal plot details, but Clooney plays a father who must learn to take care of his two daughters after his wife ends up hospitalized after a boating accident. Naturally, there is an important, life-altering revelation that the trailer reveals in a pretty spoilerrific manner, so beware of watching it if you’re sensitive to that sort of thing. Also, Clooney cries.

Is anyone else thrown a bit by watching Clooney’s attempts to play a so-called “average guy” and, more importantly, a dad too? It’s a bit jarring and ultimately reveals that he’s on his own journey of self-discovery that just happens to lead to an Oscar nomination. Funny how A-list actors have all kinds of money and power at their disposal, but they get hung up on winning those silly gold statuettes, right? In other words, welcome back, Indie Clooney.

fp_4676458_clooney_george_lac_12_16

fp_4676459_clooney_george_lac_13_16

descendants1

descendants3

Photos of Clooney trolling The Descendants set courtesy of Fame Pictures; still and poster Shailene-Wooley.com

January Jones covers her bump in Preen: cute or meh?

Posted: 26 May 2011 07:25 AM PDT

xmen_first_class_premiere_01_wenn5661716

As promised, here's a post about the fashionable ladies of the X-Men: First Class premiere in NYC last night (go here for the post about the dudes). The biggest names amongst the ladies were January Jones, Rose Byrne and Zoe Kravitz. Jennifer Lawrence was a no-show, likely because she's filming The Hunger Games. So, let's begin at the beginning, with January Jones and her bump. I didn't spy any photos of X-Men: First Class's director, Matthew Vaughn, who is turning into the leading candidate for baby-daddy. Maybe he wasn't there… suspicious? So January and her bump posed alone (or with members of the cast) on the red carpet. January wore Preen. I'm kind of meh on the dress, but it's much better than her pre-pregnancy styles, so good for her. I have to say, I actually really like her hair right now too.

x_men_28_wenn3365927

Re: January and whether the baby-daddy is director Matthew Vaughn. There's a more specific blind item about it, but the whole thing just sounds like the same process of elimination that everybody is doing to get to Vaughn. You can read the blind here - part of me is still hoping that it's Oliver Platt (who also wasn't at the premiere, SIDE-EYE!!). In the past few weeks, I've been seeing a lot of photos of Vaughn's wife Claudia Schiffer, and she's been flying solo at all of the events. We'll see how it all plays out.

And here's Zoe Kravitz, wearing a gown by Alexander Wang, with clunky Chanel shoes. The dress isn't really bad, but I feel like this is a dated look. I saw this exact style - velvet slipdress, clunky shoes - when I was growing up. It's very early '90s.

x_men_31_wenn3365930

x_men_20_wenn3365919

Rose Byrne wore Marc Jacobs. I'm starting to wonder if Rose's style is a little bit… off. She's done some red carpets where I've just thought "Damn, she's a pretty woman, but why is she wearing that?!?" I don't hate this look, though. And I'm happy to see that she looks like she's gained some weight too.

x_men_29_wenn3365928

x_men_33_wenn3365932

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Leo DiCaprio likes Blake Lively because she plays hard to get (LOL)

Posted: 26 May 2011 07:07 AM PDT

leo11

As we know now, Leonardo DiCaprio and Blake Lively are a thing. They've been circling each other like two predators for months now, and since they were photographed together during the Cannes Film Festival, it's been official. After Cannes, Leo even took Blake to Italy for a little getaway. I think Blake's hustle worked. I think she gets to be Leo's girlfriend. For now. Us Weekly agrees with me - their sources (who sound like Blake's friends) make it sound like Leo was trying to get with Blake for months, and that they even had a makeout session back in January.

Leonardo DiCaprio checked his Blackberry nervously as he waited aboard Steven Spielberg's yacht, anchored off the coast of Southern France. He fussed with his hair, flossed his teeth - and then spied the object of his impatience approaching on a small boat.

"He started waving like crazy," says an eyewitness of the May 17 rendezvous between Blake Lively and Leo. And as soon as she stepped onto the $200 million vessel, "Blake gave Leo a long, lingering hug," says the witness. "They had their hands on each other's backs and were grinning ear to ear."

Sources say Leo and Lively have turned a six-month-old flirtation and one party dalliance in January into the beginnings of a relationship.

Says one source, "They're dating a bit - taking things slow, slow, slow."

Whether "slow" includes driving 160 miles for a date remains to be seen, but they looked cozy May 22 during a day trip to the fishing village of Portofino, Italy.

"When they stopped to look at something, Blake would lean into him," says a source. "He was smiling."

After they first met, back in November 2010, "Leo started pursuing Blake with emails and texts," a Lively source says. "Things were definitely headed south with Bar at that point." Adds another source, "Leo thinks Blake is gorgeous."

Two months later, in January, they met up again at an LA birthday party for Jeremy Renner. Early in the night, they moved their conversation to the balcony and were even spotted kissing. "They'd talk, then peck on the lips… it was really sweet."

Sources say Lively was initially way of Leo's ladies' man reputation. But, "Blake has always had a crush on Leo… Titanic is one of her favorite movies."

Lively plans to spend a month in France to finish her month of French lessons and cooking classes, and Leo isn't due on the Great Gatsby set until August.

"Blake is definitely being wooed," says a source. "This could be the beginning of something."

[From Us Weekly, print edition]

Other tabloids seem to agree that Blake and Leo are on, but they disagree as to why Leo chose Blake instead of his usual standard-issue supermodel. In Touch Weekly (via Jezebel) claims that this is all a strategic move for Blake, that she's angling to be the next Julia Roberts, and she needs a high-profile boyfriend (who isn't married, I suppose). Meanwhile, Life & Style (via Jezebel) says that Leo dumped Bar Refaeli because Bar kept pressuring him to have a baby, while Blake just plays it cool around Leo. Blake is pulling the "I'm so busy and important" stuff and it makes Leo want her even more, because he's used to girls dropping everything to be with him. For that theory, my only response is to quote Sex & the City: "Don't play hard to get with a man who's hard to get." You got that, Blake?

leo21

leo3

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

No comments:

Post a Comment