Tuesday, May 31, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Watch: The First 3 Minutes Of ‘True Blood’ Season 4 Hits The Internets

Posted: 30 May 2011 01:28 PM PDT

Great news, True Blood fans … if you’ve been chomping at the bit for the upcoming NEW 4th season of the show this Summer, I’ve got a treat for you. The first 3 minutes of True Blood season 4 has made its way online for your viewing pleasure. Click below to watch how the new season of True Blood will begin when season 4 premieres on HBO in June.


Yeah, I’m not sure how I feel about this fairy business but … I’m gonna go with it. True Blood season 4 returns to HBO on June 26. Are you ready?

[Source]

Justin Bieber Gets REALLY Touchy-Feely With Selena Gomez

Posted: 30 May 2011 01:18 PM PDT

Last week we saw a few photos of young lovebirds Justin Bieber and Selena Gomez loving it up on the beach in Maui, HI … today we get to see one more photo from the couple’s romantic getaway that is just TOO FUNNY not to post. The Biebs and Selena let their passions get the better of them … and Justin just couldn’t resist grabbing onto Selena’s booty! I mean, like, Whoa!


Dude, Bieber has got BOTH hands on Selena‘s butt … homeboy is going for it. I think if there was any doubt before as to exactly what kind of relationship these two have, this photo might be a pretty good indicator of what these two get up to when they are alone.

Kids these days, sheesh.

[Photo credit: Splash News]

Prince Completes His ’21 Night Stand In Los Angeles’

Posted: 30 May 2011 12:31 PM PDT

That’s it … last night was the official end of Prince‘s legendary 21 Night Stand concert residency here in Los Angeles, CA on his Welcome 2 America Tour. For the past month or so, Prince has blessed LA with a string of 21 performances that have ranged from the massive to the incredibly intimate … wowing fans at every turn. I was very, very lucky to be able to attend 14 of those performances including shows at The Forum (11), at The Troubadour (2) and the House of Blues (1). Last night’s final performance was truly the cherry on top … in front of a sold out house (that was so sold out that people waited in line for HOURS hoping to score a ticket to get inside) Prince played for about 3 1/2 hours, ending his residency with a massive BANG!


It was apparent all week long that this weekend’s shows were going to be special. As a result, every available ticket for the shows Saturday and Sunday were sold the EFF out. I can’t even tell you, the crush of people trying to get in was impressive. The line of people waiting for last minute tickets to magically go on sale (which, I understand, they never did) was so long, it almost wrapped halfway around The Forum itself. I was BLESSED with the best seat in the house, thanks to a new friend who I will never be able to repay properly. I got to spend the last Forum Show right in front of Prince all night long:


Here is the setlist for the final show of Prince‘s 21 Nite Stand in Los Angeles concert residency:

The Love We Make
Mountains
Everyday People (Sly and the Family Stone cover)
Take Me With U
Raspberry Beret
Cream
Cool
Don’t Stop Til You Get Enough (Michael Jackson cover)
Let’s Work
U Got the Look
I Belong With You (Backup singers on vocals)
The Beautiful Ones
Let’s Go Crazy
Delirious
She’s Always In My Hair
Future Soul Song
Purple Rain

Encore 1:
 
Little Red Corvette

Encore 2 – Sampler set:

When Doves Cry
Nasty girl
The Most Beautiful Girl in the World
The Screams of Passion
Alphabet street
Hot Thing
Black Sweat
I Would Die 4 U
 
Kiss

Encore 3:

The Bird (Morris Day and The Time cover)
Jungle Love (Morris Day and The Time cover)
A Love Bizarre (Duet with Nikka Costa)

Encore 4:

If I Was Your Girlfriend
Insatiable
Scandalous
Adore
 
Encore 5:

Pass the Peas (Maceo Parker on lead)
Controversy

For me, this was the perfect setlist. It had something for everyone. I cannot believe there was one dissatisfied person in the house. Prince took the stage right before 9pm and he played well past midnight. The crowd did not want to let him go … so he kept coming back out to play more songs. It was a complete lovefest, from beginning to end. I’m telling you … these concerts are experiences I will remember forever. I’ve seen amazing shows in my time and I know I will see more … but this collection of Prince shows here in LA will deffo stand among the most memorable and enjoyable of my concert-going experience. The afterparty, I’m sad to say, was a total bust. There were way too many VIP/GUEST passes handed out and the Forum Club was just way too packed for any sort of aftershow to take place. Prince left shortly after the club was opened to the massive amounts of people and the party just turned into a melee. On my way out, I got to talk a bit to Shelby J. (Prince‘s #1 female vocalist) which just made the night perfect.

Now, take this info with a HUGE grain of salt … but there have been murmurs that Prince *may* do a few more small shows this week. NONE OF THIS IS CONFIRMED … but there has been a lot of talk. Considering how much in demand he was for this last weekend of shows, I would not at all be surprised if he does end up doing another night of shows … somewhere here in LA before he jets off to Europe at the end of June. You better believe, I will be there. But … if last night’s show was, indeed, the last show of the run … I will still be a very happy, happy man. I love music. I love live music. Prince has reminded me that live music can change your life. I know it sounds hokey but I have been changed.

To the people of the city of Inglewood, CA, THANK YOU so much for welcoming us to your city with open arms and love. To The Forum, your staff is top notch, your arena is beautiful and I hope these successful Prince shows have reminded you just how amazing your venue is for live performances … please keep the concerts coming! To Livenation, thank you SO MUCH for offering $25 tickets for these Prince shows. In these tough economic times, affordable pricing like this is a godsend.

To Prince and the New Power Generation, words can’t express what joy you have brought to LA. I know you’ll play LA again but this 21 Nite Stand was truly a gift … thank you :D

Wow … what a night … what a month!

This afternoon, David and I are going to chill with our friends Tam, Ollie, Rob and Caleb and then tonight, I’m going to the movies with Jordan. It’s gonna be a really relaxing day … one that is long overdue :) Happy Memorial Day!

Les News, 053011

Posted: 30 May 2011 11:54 AM PDT

More Set Photos From ‘The Hunger Games’ Hit The Internets

Posted: 30 May 2011 11:28 AM PDT

Last week we got to see a few really great photos of Jennifer Lawrence and Liam Hemsworth on the set of The Hunger Games and today we get to see a couple new photos from the set. THIS Hunger Games fan site managed to procure a couple of photos from the set that give us our first look at the Hall of Justice and of a coal train car from District 12. Check out the photos below.


It’s really strange to see the world of The Hunger Games come to life. I mean, I always had an image of what that world might look like in my head but seeing the actual set locations is pretty freakin’ cool. There is still a LOT of filming to be done so I’m pretty sure we’ll get to see more photos … but don’t count on seeing anything too substantial. My guess is that the actual Hunger Games tournament will be filmed indoors … and away from prying eyes. Still, I am happy to get any peek we get this early in production :)

[Source]

Alexander Skarsgård Does ‘Interview’ Magazine

Posted: 30 May 2011 10:13 AM PDT

True Blood star Alexander Skarsgård is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of Interview magazine. With the season 4 premiere of True Blood just weeks away, the promo machine for the series is moving into high gear. Alexander‘s full Interview feature has not yet been released in full online but click below for a preview. Check out Alexander‘s coverphoto, some excerpts from his Interview interview and a photo from his spread.

For “True Blood” star Alexander Skarsgård, playing a formidable vampire on the hit HBO series doesn’t mean he’s wed to the idea of always being undead. “I do get a lot of scripts sent to me where they basically want me to play Eric from ‘True Blood,’ but just a different name in a different movie,” the actor told his interviewer, Arcade Fire lead singer Win Butler, in the latest issue of Interview magazine. “That’s not interesting to me. I don’t want to play a character that I’ve played for four years on a television show, change the name, and make him a zombie instead of a vampire.” Skarsgård, whose turn as vampiric overlord Eric Northman has many fans hot and bothered, explained that for him, the roles that ARE interesting are those that represent a facet of his own personality. “In a weird way, I always play myself, just through different mirrors,” he said. “If I read a script and I don’t connect with a character, if I can’t find the character on the page in my soul, then I’m not going to be able to do a good job.” But by the same token, however, Skarsgård admitted to getting a little creeped out himself when fans – and potential directors – confuse his personality with that of his on-screen character. “The thing that I feel to be a problem potentially is that you become that character, that in the industry, people associate it too closely with who you are and what you can do,” he said. His “mysterious bad guy” personality has the potential to lock him into some pretty predictable roles, he explained, when it’s really nerves that he craves when looking for the next project – well, that and “fuck you money.” “There’s got to be something new, something fresh,” he said. “I want to almost be intimidated when I embark on a journey. I wouldn’t say there’s a fear, but I do get slightly nervous in the beginning when that happens, and I like that feeling. “That triggers me a lot.”


Alexander is a very interesting man. Not only is he a fantastic actor but he comes from great acting stock (his father is Stellan Skarsgård) … and he knows it. I love him in True Blood but I agree, I do not want to see him play the same character over and over and over. I predict Alexander will have an amazing film career … I can’t wait to see what else he can do.

[Source, Source]

Sean Kingston In Critical Condition After A Jet Ski Accident

Posted: 30 May 2011 09:21 AM PDT

Sad news to pass along today … singer Sean Kingston suffered a tragic accident in Miami, FL last night that resulted in serious injuries. His injuries were so severe that a rumor started going around that he passed away :( Fortunately, Sean is still very much alive … but he is currently in critical condition in the intensive care unit in Jackson Memorial Hospital. Sean needs our prayers and good vibes, y’all.

Sean Kingston was rushed to Jackson Memorial Hospital Sunday night after he crashed into a bridge with a personal watercraft. The accident happened around 6 p.m. at the bridge connecting Miami Beach’s exclusive Palm Island to the MacArthur Causeway. Miami Fire Rescue and Florida Fish and Wildlife Conservation Commission crews arrived to help. Kingston, 21, and a female passenger were rushed to the hospital. Jorge Pino, a spokesman for the FWC, said Kingston and the passenger “needed medical attention.” As of Sunday night, Kingston was in serious condition, although the extent of his injuries was uncertain. The passenger was alert and talking to investigators. “I don’t know exactly what caused the accident. That’s something that we’re going to be looking into,” Pino said. “Our investigators are trying to interview the young lady that was sitting as a passenger, and we’re also trying to gather information from witnesses that may have been in the area.” The Jet Ski he was riding was so badly damaged that it was towed away … The cause of the crash was under investigation. Investigators said they plan to look into whether speed played a role.

TMZ has since updated Kingston‘s condition, reporting that he has been moved from the trauma center to the intensive care unit:

Sean Kingston has been transferred from the trauma unit to the intensive care unit at Jackson Memorial Hospital — where he is in critical condition, but has been stabilized … this according to his rep … Kingston’s rep tells us, “Sean’s family thanks everyone for their prayers and support during this time.”

My guess is that Sean suffered severe head injuries … and if so, this is a very dangerous situation. Let’s keep Sean Kingston in our thoughts and prayers today … the young man is such a talent, he still has a very long life to live. Get well, Sean.

[Source, Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment