Sunday, March 25, 2012

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Angelina Jolie discusses The Leg situation: “I honestly didn’t pay attention to it”

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 06:23 AM PDT

Have you gotten over Angelina Jolie's Leg of Doom yet? I hope so. But maybe Angelina doesn't want you to forget The Leg. Maybe The Leg wants to haunt you. Maybe The Leg wants to control you. Maybe The Leg is truly The Villainess Jolie, and has been the whole time. Whatever. To recap, during the Oscars, Angelina Jolie simply would NOT put her leg away. She was wearing a black velvet Versace gown that had a high slit, and I honestly thought at the time (and I still think) that she simply trying to "work" the gown.

When Angelina got on stage to announce the winners of the Screeplay awards, she once again posed with her leg out, contorting her body playfully (once again, that's what I thought, and I still think that). When the winners of Best Adapted Screenplay came to collect their trophies, The Descendants' scribe Jim Rash thrust out his leg too, doing a funny homage to Angelina's pose. Once again, "funny" in my mind. To other people, Jim Rash was obviously "slamming" and "mocking" Angelina, because of heroin, brother-kissing and husband-stealing, obvs. The Leg became a "thing" and people used words like "controversy" and "Holocaust" to describe the incident. Seriously. In any case, The Leg is now speaking up for itself. Here's what Angelina has to say about the incident:

"I honestly didn’t pay attention to it. You know what I mean? I don’t watch those TV shows and if I go online and see something about myself, I don’t click on it. And the people I surround myself with don’t really talk about that kind of stuff. [Laughs]. I heard something, but I didn’t pay any attention. It’s as simple as being a woman picking a dress you like and having a night, and not really thinking about anything else."

[Via HuufPo]

Okay… ugh. Look, I'm obviously Team Jolie and everything, but I think Angelina struck the wrong tone here. She sounds defensive, and like she's trying too hard to convince us that she didn't and doesn't care what we think. Which, to my mind, is BS. She knew that a "controversy" (however dumb and overplayed) had spread, and over the next few weeks, we got Angelina's real reaction to the "controversy": a series of photo ops with the kids, with Angelina not showing off her figure at all, plus some high-profile charity and political work. That's how she dealt with the "crisis". She didn't ignore it – she changed the story.

Also, I should note that Jim Rash insisted that he meant absolutely no harm to Angelina, and he was not "slamming" or "mocking" her. He said it on Oscar night, and he's said it in interviews afterwards too. Right after the Oscars, he told E! News: "My argument is, I felt she was owning that….She even chuckled beforehand, so I thought, ‘That’s a great way for me to sort of own this proud moment.’ As soon as she got up there, she sort of chuckled and I thought she was sort of like saying, ‘Check this out, I’m gonna work this dress.’ And she did. So I was like, ‘Well, I’m gonna work my tux’…I wish it had a slit down the side, because I have amazing legs.” Rash said that he hadn't heard anything from Brad or Angelina but "If they wanted me to come to a pool party and explain that to their face, I would. I hope I have not burned some bridges. I did pass Brad on the way out and nothing happened…he didn’t punch me or anything. My face is still perfect.” Then, just last week, Rash talked about the incident with The AV Club:

AVC: Going back to Oscar night: You're onstage, about to accept the Oscar for Best Adapted Screenplay. Was it just an old improv instinct that kicked in, encouraging you to strike the Angelina Jolie pose?
JR: You know, it's weird. Some people agree with me, understand what I'm saying—but as you're waiting for that moment, for that envelope to be opened, Angelina got onstage, and with her pose and stance—I just thought it was fun because I thought she was owning and having fun with and rocking her outfit. When I got up there, we were proud, it was this long journey and all of a sudden your name is read and you're outside of your head, and I thought "What a great way to just show off a proud moment"—with the Oscar on my leg. [Laughs.] I guess I didn't see it as mocking. [Jolie] was doing it and owning it and having fun, so I thought that would be fun to see my version of it. I wouldn't call it mocking, like everyone did. I felt bad that was the reaction. I was just having fun, so hopefully she took it all in good fun.

AVC: Have you heard anything from the Pitt-Jolie camp?
JR:
I can't imagine. Most people I've spoken with who have met her and him say they have a great sense of humor. All I was doing was doing my version of that proud moment, whatever it is. Doesn't mean I won't write her a letter. [Laughs.] Why not.

AVC: How would that letter start?
JR:
"Dear Angelina. I'm the bald, bespectacled guy." Probably something I would do, though, because I just want her to know what I was thinking. Neurotic.

[From The AV Club]

Seriously. He didn't mean anything by it. For real.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5800797 rash1 wenn5800799

Kim Kardashian has decided to press charges against her flour-bomber

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:28 AM PDT

On Friday, we discussed Kim Kardashian's flour-bombing on the red carpet for her newest fragrance launch. Some people thought it was a stunt organized by Kim and/or Kris Jenner. Some thought that the flour-bomber was some kind of an off-shoot animal-right activist. As the hours passed, it began to look like the "animal-rights" thing was taking hold. PETA claimed that the flour-bomber was not affiliated with them, but that they cosigned the act. And sources now claim the woman said/shouted "fur hag" at Kim as she flour-bombed her. Basically, it's looking like less of a "Kim did this to herself, the stunt-queen" situation. So Kim is now super-mad! Even though she initially laughed things off and declined to press charges, she had a change of heart:

Kim Kardashian has decided she will press charges against the woman who threw flour on her at an event Thursday night … TMZ has learned.

Sources close to Kim tell TMZ she does not feel the woman who threw the flour at her should get away with it and that she should be her accountable for her actions. According to our sources, Kim didn’t press charges that night because she didn’t want to take herself away from the event, which was for charity.

We’re told Kim will contact law enforcement in the next few days to tell them she wants to press charges. According to our sources, Kim wants to send the message that people are entitled to their opinion, but should not resort to violence.

The decision to press charges represents a change of heart for Kim, who told TMZ Live yesterday she was wasn’t going to pursue the matter.

[From TMZ]

Kim had told E! several hours earlier that she was considering pressing charges because, "I don’t want someone to think they can really get away with that. So we are going to handle that.” As for the event, which everyone keeps saying was "for charity" – I don't think that's the whole truth. It was a launch for Kim's new fragrance, True Reflection (of a Kat-Face), but Kim did have people associated with Dress for Success there. And Kim is mad that her event got ruined! She also told E!:

“I was laughing it off earlier and, you know, I think that is the only thing I knew how to do at the time… But I just think it is such a shame that someone like that…would ruin an event, or attempt to ruin an event, that was based around, not only my fragrance, but this organization, Dress For Success. I mean that’s what the event was about. These women flew in from all over the country to be a part of this event, that are underprivileged women, that really got the shine taken away from them a little bit. That’s why I am calling in now. I feel bad that it was kind of derailed from that.”

“Now that I think about it and had some time to digest it,” she added, “I think, ‘What if that was some other substance? What if that person had a dangerous weapon?’ It’s scary. And what’s even scarier is this woman acted as if she was a part of the press. She just came out of nowhere! And so we are definitely changing things up a little bit, amping up security, taking some measures, and…I’m gonna definitely deal with it because it is not acceptable.”

“I didn’t think it was that bad until I saw the pictures today and was like, ‘Wow, there was so much powder on me,’ or flour, or whatever it was! But,” Kim concluded, “as soon as I got in the elevator, ‘I said, ‘Guys there are a ton of people that are paying money to be at this event.” If she didn’t go back, she would feel as if she were “letting them down…disrespecting them…. my mom was using a blow dryer trying to get it out of my hair. My whole jacket was wet, because you know we were making sure it didn’t look like it was white. She was wetting it down and I said, ‘I don’t care. Wet or not I’m just gonna put this back on, get all this powder off and go back down there and finish the event. We’re not going to let this ruin it.’”

[Via E! News]

Such a brave, fearless Kat-Face. She acts like this was her D-Day, right? "I was on Omaha Beach- I mean, the red carpet. You don't know how much I suffer!" Whatever. I'm actually glad she's pressing charges. Flour-bombing a reality star is so dumb, especially when she's not even wearing FUR at the time.

Oh, and here are some photos of Kim last night, at Perez Hilton's "Mad Hatter Tea Party". Um… is a Gloria Swanson turban really a "hat"?

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
FFN_RIJ_KARDASHIAN_ASSAULTED_032212jpg_8902258 wenn3793827 wenn3793737 FFN_RIJ_KARDASHIAN_ASSAULTED_032212jpg_8902262 perez_hilton_mad_hatter_099_wenn000120 perez_hilton_mad_hatter_076_wenn000051

‘Hunger Games’ breaks box office records, Jennifer Lawrence delivers as Katniss

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:20 AM PDT

I am not at all ashamed to declare myself as one of the countless people who watched The Hunger Games on opening day. In fact, many millions of people bought tickets (many of us in advance), and The Hunger Games is showing very promising early box-office returns with a projected likely $150 million weekend, which (if true) would beat every one of the opening weekends for the respective Twilight Saga movies. Of course, this success isn’t at all unanticipated because Hunger Games caters to a much wider-reaching audience than the tweenage girls (and their mothers) that swooned for Edward Cullen and Bella Swan. At the very least, The Hunger Games has already achieved the fifth-best opening day ever and the best opening day for a non-sequel movie:

Building on a strong midnight launch, The Hunger Games had one of the best opening days ever at an estimated $68.25 million. That ranks fifth on the all-time list behind Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 2 ($91.1 million), New Moon ($72.7 million), Breaking Dawn Part 1 ($71.6 million) and Eclipse ($68.5 million). It wound up slightly ahead of The Dark Knight ($71.6 million), and also topped Alice in Wonderland ($40.8 million) to set a new record for a non-sequel.

The Hunger Games looks even more impressive when subtracting its $19.74 million midnight gross–throughout normal business hours, the movie earned $48.5 million, which is actually more than Deathly Hallows Part 2 made in that time ($47.57 million). In fact, The Hunger Games only ranks behind Spider-Man 3 ($49.8 million) and The Dark Knight ($48.7 million) in non-midnight opening day grosses.

The Hunger Games received a strong “A” CinemaScore, and should finish the weekend with anywhere from $135 million to $160 million.

[From Box Office Mojo]

While there were indeed unreasonably high expectations for this movie, I felt little to no disapointment at all where the cinematic product was concerned. Mostly, I appreciated that the screenwriters paid special attention to the fact that while the book is written in first person (from the perspective of Katniss), the screenplay demanded some careful modification to translate it to the big screen so that it would satisfy both readers of the books and neophytes alike. The final result was not only true to the source material but also added and subtracted to the original story to subtle but great effect. What follows is slightly spoilerific, so consider yourself warned. SPOILERS BELOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

First of all, the acting was superb with the three “leads” — Jennifer Lawrence (as Katniss), Josh Hutcherson (as Peeta), and Liam Hemsworth (as Gale) — all doing their jobs as well as the script would allow. Even more stellar were the supporting players, which included Stanley Tucci (as Caesar Flickerman), Elizabeth Banks (as Effie Trinket), Woody Harrelson (as Haymitch), and Lenny Kravits (as stylist Cinna), who all threatened to steal the show but knew how to reign their performances before it became too much. Of course, Haymitch wasn’t nearly as crotchety and drunk as he was in the book, and the movie made him a much more sympathetic character as well. Mainly, this difference was due to time constraints, which was the main weakness of this adaptation, but director Gary Ross did a phenomenal job of pacing the story and pushing it towards a timely conclusion. Of course, The Hunger Games wasn’t a perfect adaptation, but it came came damn close.

When it comes to additions to the book, I enjoyed the fact that the movie contained numerous “behind the scenes” moments that showed the gamemakers before and during the games themselves. Not only were there some extra moments that showed Seneca Crane (Wes Bentley) being interviewed by Caesar Flickman and being grilled by President Snow (Donald Sutherland), but we also got to see some fairly deft arena manipulation from the games’ control room. All of these moments added to the experience and also eliminated potentially prolonged moments of expository hangups from the mind of Katniss. While these new revelations may have tied up a few minutes of the movie, they also broadened the scope of the story and enhanced the experience.

However, I also found that the movie also eliminated a few necessary elements from the story for time’s sake. Unfortunately, the character of Peeta (Josh Hutcherson) was shortchanged quite a bit and received an abridged opportunity to show his motivations within the games as well as his reasons for falling for Katniss. On the other hand, we got to see more than expected from Gale (Liam Hemsworth), including his reactions to Katniss’ behavior within the arena, than the book originally dictated. So I guess it all balances out in the end, and Hutcherson did a great job with the opportunities presented within the script. Overall, his Peeta could’ve used more screentime and opportunity to develop the character for the audience, but Hutcherson was believable even if the screenplay didn’t do him many favors in explaining his motivations as more than a lovesick puppy dog.

Ultimately, the movie was as satisfying an experience as fans of the book could possibly hope for. I cheered in all the right spots, and I cried when Rue (Amandla Stenberg) met her untimely end. The special effects were a bit uneven — although the fire wall of the forest looked very believable, Katniss’ “Girl On Fire” dress left something to be desired. Also, while the interpretation of the District 12 setting felt perfect, the Capitol experience didn’t seem fully fleshed out. However, these little omissions are mere trifles compared to the success of the overall movie. Will I see it again? When it comes out on DVD, my order will be placed.

Photos courtesy of AllMoviePhoto

hungergames4 hungergames5 hungergames2 hungergames3 hungergames6

January Jones is eating her own placenta, in convenient vitamin pill form

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:07 AM PDT

As some of you because you follow me on Twitter (seriously, follow me – I link to lots of hot photos of dudes), I came to recent realization that baby Xander had really softened January Jones. Before her pregnancy (which we still have no idea as to the father), January was known for her ice-cold vanilla bitchery, and copping major 'tude in interview after interview. But as January promotes the new season of Mad Men, she seems… softer, somehow. Nicer. I linked to her Vanity Fair interview (which you can read here) – it's a really nice piece. And now this – January talked babies and placenta pills with People Magazine:

January Jones plays TV's iciest mom on Mad Men, but she and Betty aren't alike in their mothering techniques.

"I think my fans make cracks about it, but they don't actually think I'd bring any of Betty's parenting into my own life," she told PEOPLE during the show's press junket Tuesday. "What's nice is that the expectations for my parenting is very low, so I can really only exceed the expectations."

Fans need not set the bar too low, though. Jones, 34, was back to work almost right after she gave birth to her son Xander Dane last September. "I think I went back to set six or seven weeks after, so he was really little," she says.

Jones was determined to spend time with her son, even during long days on set. "I had the baby and the baby nurse in their own room so I could go back and feed him every two hours," the first-time mom recalls. "If I felt like he needed me, or if he needed to eat, or even if I just needed a squeeze because I was having separation issues, I would go back and see him. It was such a blessing that I wasn't separated from him."

Jones tells PEOPLE that the biggest challenge of being a mom on set was the exhaustion.

"It was hard to work long days and then go home and not sleep," says the actress. "It's getting harder, not easier, so I'm a little concerned!"

Jones's secret to staying high energy through the grueling shooting schedule? "I have a great doula who makes sure I'm eating well, with vitamins and teas, and with placenta capsulation."

You read right: Jones is eating her own placenta. "Your placenta gets dehydrated and made into vitamins," she explains. "It's something I was very hesitant about, but we're the only mammals who don't ingest our own placentas."

Jones has taken the capsules every day since right after she had her son, and also anytime she feels tired or down. Jones insists, "It's not witch-crafty or anything! I suggest it to all moms!"

[From People]

First, I love this statement: "What's nice is that the expectations for my parenting is very low, so I can really only exceed the expectations." At least January is self-aware enough to know that everyone thinks she's an icy bitch, eh? And it does sound like she's being a good mom, I think. As for the placenta pills… I don't think it's that weird or gross, and you know how sensitive my gag reflex is. I think I'm not grossed out because I can pretty much swallow anything in pill form – and the idea of freeze-drying and then encapsulating your placenta just seems kind of cool/weird/awesome.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5813638 wenn3780199 wenn3793877 wenn5813645

Tori Spelling announces her fourth pregnancy, five months after giving birth

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:03 AM PDT

Tori Spelling is knocked up! AGAIN. For the fourth time, if you can believe it. So what makes this pregnancy special? Tori and Dean McDermott's last child, Hattie, was just born last October. And… Tori is probably three months along right now. Which means Tori got pregnant, like, as soon as the doctors told her it was okay to have sex with her husband. Remember when that happened to Britney Spears? Jaden and Sean Preston are only a year apart – and now baby Hattie and her little sister or brother will only be 11 months younger.

Well, that was fast!

Five months after giving birth, Tori Spelling has announced some big news: she’s expecting again.

“Dean, Liam, Stella, Hattie, and I are beyond thrilled to announce that another little McDermott is on the way,” she writes on her website in a blog post titled “Baby Makes 6!” “We feel truly blessed that another angel has found us. Love, Tori xoxo.”

Spelling, 38, welcomed her youngest daughter Hattie in Oct. 2011. She and husband Dean McDermott, 45, are also parents to son Liam, 5, and daughter Stella, 3.

Along with the message, Spelling posted a photo of her bare stomach, which her children are touching.

[From People]

Well, congratulations to Tori and Dean. They just keep going and going. Even you Tori-haters have to admit it – you never expected Dean to stick it out this long, did you? They might have started under funky circumstances, but… I have to say, I've always gotten the impression that Dean really loves her. Shocking. And they're going to have four children (under the age of 6) to show for it.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet and Tori's site.
wenn5785128 tori1 wenn3783714 wenn3783721 FFN_VisualFF_Spelling_Tori_012512_8653576

Elisabeth Moss, Scientologist: CoS doesn’t have any anti-gay “dogma or scripture”

Posted: 25 Mar 2012 05:00 AM PDT

Elisabeth Moss is a Scientologist. I've known that for years, but I always choose to ignore it simply because I like Moss so much, and because I think she's extraordinarily talented. And who doesn't love Mad Men's Peggy Olsen? She's "cute as hell," in Don Draper's words. Now, even though I have chosen to ignore it for years, doesn't mean that Moss isn't occasionally vocal about her faith (Should I say "faith"? Is that offensive?). Moss has a new interview in The Advocate where she discusses Mad Men and the gay rights movement in the 1960s and her views on homosexuality personally, and as a Scientologist. She does it without making any references to Thetans, Travolta's hairpieces or Tom Cruise.

Moss on the gay community's support of Mad Men: The gay community's support of Mad Men has been really awesome for us, and we're all very appreciative. Aside from the whole style and look of the show, Jon Hamm's appeal to men and women is pretty much a no-brainer, and it's the same thing with Christina Hendricks. I think what appeals to the gay community about Peggy in particular is that she's a strong, independent, feminist character, who represents the younger generation coming up in the '60s. She has a lot of integrity, and she stands up for what's right.

On Peggy Olsen’s sexuality and flirtation with lesbian Joyce last season: Of course Peggy would have a really good lesbian friend, and it was fun to toy with that flirtation. I loved all the respect and kudos I got from the gay community about that storyline. People were so excited that Peggy might be a lesbian. … Peggy is open to a lot of new experiences, and I loved that Peggy wasn't put off by Joyce's flirtation. The attention and the whole idea of it was titillating for her. I don't think Peggy's gay, but who knows? I mean, if anyone's going to be gay, it's Peggy.

On whether the tension between Peggy and her adversarial officemate Joan might actually be sexual tension: That would be really awesome, wouldn't it? If they just totally attacked each other on top of a desk one day?

On her celebrity girl-crush: Oh, that's so easy! I don't even know why I paused. Marion Cotillard. To me, she's just a perfect, lovely, French little fey, but she doesn't lose her animal sexuality, and she's still very much a woman.

On her stance on gay people as a Scientologist: One of the most important things I take from my church is the idea of personal freedom and our rights as human beings, and that includes the right to date a man or a woman. Personal freedom is a very important concept in my religion, and I translate that to sexual orientation. If we're all supposed to have the right to the life that we want to lead, then that should apply to the gay community. There isn't really any dogma or scripture, yes or no, right or wrong on that particular subject in my church. It's more open to personal interpretation, and that's my interpretation. … Many of my church's stances and concepts are grossly misunderstood by the media. It's a long list.

[From The Advocate]

Oh, I could just parse the hell out of that last statement, couldn't you? Moss frames homosexuality as a "person freedom" – not biology. Like, she's not saying "people are born gay, and it's wrong to treat someone differently because of the way they were born." I feel like she's saying "regardless of whether homosexuality is a choice, everyone has the right be act on their gay urges." It’s about the ACTS of homosexuality. It also seems like she's saying that the Church of Scientology doesn't have "any dogma or scripture, yes or no, right or wrong on that particular subject" so she's just doing her own interpretation. The problem? It's been extensively documented time and time again that CoS does have a history of anti-gay dogma and CoS seems to actively try to audit-out the gay, and many of the “executives” in the church have had and do have long-documented anti-gay biases. Go here and here and here to read more. So while I applaud Moss for blending her own pro-gay belief system to her Scientology believe system, I kind of wonder if Xenu isn't going to get her for this.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3515111 wenn5722685 wenn3596379

No comments:

Post a Comment