Thursday, August 18, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Tara Reid tweets boozed-up honeymoon photos from Greece

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 09:41 AM PDT

reid11

For Tara Reid, this week has been a very exciting one indeed. First, she stunned us all by getting engaged and married in the same day. Initially, Tara kept the lucky man’s identity so shrouded in secrecy (and booze) that even her rep didn’t know who she married; as a result, some poor Danish businessman got fingered as the groom. Eventually however, Tara revealed her ridiculously fake-looking ring and the identity of her actual random husband, Zack Kehayov. And then Life & Style published the above photo (which featured a very bad judgment call on Tara’s behalf to bare her wonky stomach) of the blissful couple in all of their random, drunken happiness.

Anyway, Tara has squeezed in this honeymoon business before she (inevitably) has to head off towards the “Celebrity Big Brother” set. As such, she’s been busily tweeting photos of her honeymoon in Santorini, Greece. While musing over these wee snapshots, Kaiser mentioned that Zack is kind of cute while CB and I both agree that he reminds us of someone but can’t quite place who it would be. Oh, I know! He looks like a very liquored-up version of the Old Spice guy (Isaiah Mustafa). Maybe. Seriously though, Tara looks really happy in these photos, but that could just be from all of the excellent Ouzo in which she’s been partaking. Of course, Tara’s not missing any teeth in these photos, so she can’t be that drunk, right? Or maybe she just brought her glue.

tarazack1

Here, Tara is wearing a shirt with the “Greece” emblazoned upon it. How touristy!

tarazack2

This one I like to call, “Tara on her cell phone. Firing her rep.”

tarazack3

Here, stained concrete next to the rose petals adds just the right touch.

tarazack4

Santorini really is a gorgeous island; and luckily, Tara did not fall into the ocean.

tarazack5

Images courtesy of Twitter and Life & Style

Bethenny Frankel: “I’m too thin. Because I’m so busy, I’m not always hungry”

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 09:02 AM PDT

wenn3459045

I go back and forth on Bethenny Frankel. I used to find her extremely annoying, but my mom is a fan, and she convinced me to give Bethenny another chance. BF still kind of plucks my last nerve, but I can watch her show for ten minutes and enjoy it sometimes. I barely follow all of Bethenny's food and diet advice, but doesn't she have a history with recommending somewhat unhealthy diet options? CB covered some of that in the past, but I feel like Bethenny has gotten more criticism than we've covered. Anyway, much like Jennifer Hudson, I think you can tell from Bethenny's face and build that naturally, she's supposed to be heavier. Once again, NOT FAT. I just think BF (and J-Hud) would both look a bit better with some more weight than they are actually carrying. Bethenny gave an interview to this week's Life & Style where she discusses how difficult it is for her to eat solids:

In the new issue of Life & Style, on newsstands now, Bethenny Frankel talks candidly about how she’s overcome her struggles with body image and is now working hard to keep her weight on track.

While the 40-year-old reality star turned mom has been showing off a healthier figure as of late, Bethenny still admits, “I’m too thin. Because I’m so busy, I’m not always hungry. I have to make myself eat more because of my busy schedule.”

On top of the many hours she puts in on her show, Bethenny Ever After, she is constantly on the go promoting her ever expanding Skinnygirl franchise and caring for her 15-monthold daughter, Bryn. But while Bethenny exercises regularly she tries not to go overboard.

“Girls put a lot of pressure on themselves to be skinny,” she acknowledges. “They don’t understand that it’s not about a quick fix — but a healthy lifestyle.”

Bethenny confessed that in the past she would starve herself, binge on laxatives and try fad diets until just a few years ago.

“I was completely obsessed my entire life, until my 30s.” These days she makes sure to eat sensible meals, whereas in the past she would drink alcohol and not eat, only to binge later in the evening. But those days of abusing her body and depriving herself are over, “Everything I do [now] is about being healthier,” she shares.

[From Life & Style]

So she claims that she knows she's "too thin," she has a history of eating disorders, she named her franchise "Skinnygirl" and all she can really talk about is food and weight. Sounds to me like someone still has issues, but this is quote that struck me: “Girls put a lot of pressure on themselves to be skinny. They don’t understand that it’s not about a quick fix — but a healthy lifestyle.” Do you see the problem there? Bethenny doesn't bother negating the premise that girls SHOULD pressure themselves to be "skinny". Her default setting is still on "Skinny = good" rather than a healthy lifestyle, not just with diet, but with mindset. If your goal is merely "skinny" than there are always going to be problems.

wenn5676468

wenn5676460

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Zoe Saldana wants to kick-ass and be the next Angelina Jolie

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 08:33 AM PDT

zoe3

In the last Zoe Saldana post, some of you took issue with the idea that I wouldn't write about Zoe because I thought people wouldn't be interested in her. Just to clarify: I wasn't claiming to "ignore" Zoe because she's a woman of a color and I, according to some commenters, just "hate" women of color. I was debating whether to cover a woman that I didn't consider particularly relevant (or likeable, for that matter), and that I didn't think people were very interested in. I find Zoe to be at times boring, and at times insufferable, which is merely my opinion. If you disagree and think she's God's gift, good for you. Feel free to disagree and comment about her - because I won't write about people that don't get comments.

Anyway, Zoe has a feature in the new issue of GQ. She's promoting Colombiana, that La Femme Nikita-looking movie that looks… not good. Zoe is really trying to become "the next Angelina Jolie" - so much so that the article even name-drops Jolie by calling Zoe "the ass-kickingest female star since Angelina Jolie. Like Jolie, Saldana’s physicality— all fluid angles and long lines—is part of what makes her so much fun to watch; before the bad guys are finished staring, they’re already dead." Here are some highlights:

Zoe Saldana was out dancing the other night when a fight broke out one table over. Her companions scattered; she stayed put. “I knew exactly what I was going to do,” she says. “Kick this door, grab this, move that guy out of the way. Then I started laughing: Oh, my God, I still have Cataleya in my system.”

Saldana’s action roots run deep. The actress, 33, grew up partly in the Dominican Republic, where she learned to climb mango trees and gut fresh-caught fish. She remembers herself as “a feminine tomboy. I had my plastic swords, my ninja stars—but I still wore lipstick.”

Next year she’ll trade the martial arts for a couple of marital dramas, though don’t expect any doting wives: “It gets pretty boring when all you are is the support system for a male character,” she says. “I want to be in the small percentage of women who don’t settle for conventional roles.”

[From GQ]

There's some stuff about all of the training she went through for this part in Colombiana, and how she trained with the same guy who worked with Matt Damon on the Bourne films. She's committed, I'll give her that, and she does work hard. But I tend to think the Jolie comparisons are too soon, too much and too over-done. It feels like too many actresses are trying to work the Jolie Method instead of carving out their own unique niche in Hollywood.

zoe2

Photos courtesy of GQ.

Is Christina Aguilera planning to marry her jumpoff/enabler Matt Rutler?

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 08:03 AM PDT

wenn3142187

I find it surprising that Christina Aguilera is still with her jumpoff lover/enabler Matt Rutler. He was the production assistant that she met on Burlesque, presumably had an affair with, and then became her official boyfriend once she split from her now ex-husband. They even got arrested together! I thought Matt would get dumped after that, but Christina has kept him around. She must like the way he pours. And she must like his moves, because let's face it, Christina is not one of those divas who doesn't need to have drunken, crazy sex. She totally needs it. Poor Matt Rutler. Anyway, Star Magazine has a story this week about how Matt and Christina are planning on getting "secretly married":

"The ink is barely dry on her four-month-old divorce, but Christina Aguilera is already planning to secretly marry her boyfriend, production assistant Matt Rutler," begins a piece from the latest issue of Star magazine.

A so-called "friend" of the singer reveals, "Christina is telling us that she'd love to marry Matt. She's absolutely consumed with him and can't stand to be apart for even a minute."

"She began talking about marriage within months of splitting with [ex-husband] Jordan [Bratman]," notes the alleged "source."

The mag also says Aguilera and Rutler's wedding will be "hush-hush and low key – the exact opposite of the million-dollar extravaganza she put on for her first wedding in 2005."

However, this may be a bad move because some suspect that Rutler is shopping 109 scandalous photos of Xtina to various media outlets. (Actually they’re mostly silly bachelorette party photos of Christina mimicking sex acts on lollipops.) Star has seen all the pics and wonders, “Who’s selling Xtina’s saucy photos?”

[From Jezebel and Gossip Cop]

Unfortunately for lovers of seeing brides in clown makeup, a "source close to Aguilera" told Gossip Cop, "The story is entirely false… the couple is happy, neither has plans to marry." So, it's a battle of the unnamed sources, because Gossip Cop didn't even get a denial from Christina's rep, which makes me suspicious. However, I don't think Christina is going to end up marrying Matt… yet. She just got out of her first marriage, I can't see her jumping into another one right away. All of that time planning a wedding could be used for getting hammered.

star1

wenn5666627

wenn3345493

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Fake psychic medium Allison Dubois weighs in on Russell Armstrong’s suicide

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 07:56 AM PDT


Remember that crazy psychic that got drunk in the “Dinner Party from Hell” episode on Real Housewives of Beverly Hills and ended up fighting with everyone who wasn’t kissing Camille’s ass? Allison Dubois was a close friend of hostess Camille Grammer, and is the “psychic” whom the TV show Medium was based on, only her credentials are either sketchy or nonexistent and she’s a total piece of work. Some of her quotes from that evening include “I can tell you when she will die and what will happen to her family. I love that about me,” and “If any of their children disappeared, they wouldn't be like 'You were wrong,' they'd be like 'Can you help?' F*ck them.

Anyway, since Allison is someone who makes a profit out of spurious claims to contact the spirit world, she was asked by Entertainment Tonight to comment on Russell’s suicide. She of course said she sensed the desperation in him, and gave a bunch of quotes presuming to know what was going on with his family, but at least she didn’t claim to have a message from him from beyond the grave. The way ET phrases it sounds like she’s claiming to have had contact with him, but in the video it just sounds like she’s speaking of suicide victims in general and doesn’t say she heard from Russell’s spirit.

Although Allison DuBois had only met the women of The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills once (apart from close friend Camille Grammer) during what would soon after be dubbed “the dinner party from hell,” the now infamous psychic tells Entertainment Tonight her brief encounter lent DuBois great insight into what may have led to Russell Armstrong’s recent suicide.

Speaking to ET from her home in Arizona via Skype, Allison recounts the night she met the Real Housewives cast, explaining the influence of reality television cameras as a definite factor which would later derail the Armstrong family into an unavoidable tragedy.

“It had to be difficult that all his problems were being made so public,” DuBois says. “It was inevitable that someone was going to almost get, you know, pushed over a line.”

Although admitting she hadn’t yet talked to Taylor since her estranged husband’s death, Allison claims her psychic sense can feel Russell’s spirit communicating to her that he decided to take his life out of “desperation.”

“He was really down on himself and it culminated in his death,” DuBois says. She goes on to explain that his recently departed spirit was telling her that Russell wanted Taylor to meet somebody “more deserving” as a husband and as a father to their daughter Kennedy.

[From ET Online]

I haven’t mentioned all the other comments on this poor guy’s suicide, but this one cried out for coverage because it’s ridiculous. Given who we’re dealing with it could have been much worse though. I don’t know why I’m surprised when coverage continues as usual when someone dies, but you would think some of these outlets would bring it down a notch out of respect or whatever. Obviously they aren’t doing that and here we have a psychic who was drunk and belligerent on one episode giving her comments on the suicide of a guy who was married to one of the stars. Did she even ever meet him? At least she didn’t claim to have seen it coming.

nasty

Anne Hathaway covers Interview Mag, is Chelsea Handler’s latest BFF

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 07:29 AM PDT

anne13

Anne Hathaway is the September cover girl for Interview Magazine. I like the photo shoot, but I'm not really overwhelmed by it. It reminds me of the D&G campaign starring Madonna - where Madonna was made to look like an Italian housewife or something. In this shoot, Anne is made to look like a kind of slutty Italian widow, I think. I do like Anne in black-and-white photos, though. She has the face for it. As for the interview… it's done by Chelsea Handler. Funnily enough, Anne's last interview for the magazine was done by Angelina Jolie. Weird, right? They talk a lot about how they're both from New Jersey, and there is a lengthy discussion about Ayn Rand, which… I won't even get into. You can read the full Chelsea Handler piece here, and here are some highlights:

Anne on being from Jersey: "I think JWoww is amazing. I love JWoww. She’s intense. See, JWoww to me is proper Jersey because she will scrap for a friend…. My best friend got married this past weekend in Barcelona, and I was one of her bridesmaids. She’s one of my best friends from Jersey, and this guy was messing with her, and I was totally like, “Who am I punching?” She was like, “No one. You’re not going to punch anyone. And I was like, “Fair enough, but if a fight breaks out, who do you want me to swing at?”

More on Jersey: "I wanted to be in New York. My feeling about growing up in New Jersey was, “How come I’m not in New York?” That being said, I’m older and I have a better worldview now, and so I think I grew up in an incredibly privileged position. The town I grew up in is beautiful. I got a great education, and I’m very grateful for it. But it’s not a place I wanted to stay. I left when I was 16, just to follow my dreams . . ."

HATHAWAY: … The other thing I want to say about Jersey is they need to get on the New York bandwagon and legalize gay marriage.
HANDLER: Yeah. That would be a good idea for any state.
HATHAWAY: But I think everybody should do that. It’s not a specifically Jersey thing.
HANDLER: Well, your brother is gay, right?
HATHAWAY: My older brother is gay.
HANDLER: We talked about that last time you were on the show. I’m convinced that my older brother is gay, too, although he has yet to come out of the closet.
HATHAWAY: He doesn’t admit it?
HANDLER: He doesn’t admit it. I keep telling him he’s gay, but he keeps pretending that he’s not.
HATHAWAY: I’m convinced that a few guys I’ve dated are gay, and they won’t admit it. I think we’ve all done that.

Anne on prep-time and being a lead actress: "I think it depends on how much prep time I have. Because in Rachel Getting Married, I’m in almost every scene in that movie, but I had a year’s prep time. So when I began production, I was so deep into the character that I didn’t feel any pressure whatsoever. With One Day, we were on shaky ground with the financing for so long that the prep time actually was affected. I didn’t know if I was playing the character or not. I felt like, “Gosh, if I could just have a moment to breathe, then I could work a few things out.” Some days, I was Emma Morley during four separate years of her life. When that happens, you just have to take a deep breath, jump into the deep end, trust your director, and go. Also, it didn’t help that she’s an iconic British literary character that is absolutely beloved. I don’t think too many people were thrilled that an American was playing her. So there was that pressure to contend with as well."

On preparing for Catwoman: "I actually had this moment when I convinced one of the assistant directors on the London portion of the film to get a cat with me, the idea being that we were going to get a kitten from a rescue shelter, and he was going to live with me, and I was going to observe it, and when I left London I was going to give it to her. Then, thankfully, her husband pointed out that that was a terrible idea on so many levels, not least of which being that it would probably be really confusing to the cat. So I turned to YouTube instead and got a National Geographic video on cats… I am still cat-less. My man is allergic to cats, so that decision is made for me."

Anne on the Oscars: "You know, it’s not like I’d had this big dream to do this thing, and it’s not like I had a set of skills I’d been honing for years and years that I was going to showcase on this night. To me, it seemed like such a random opportunity, and such potential for fun, that I really was enjoying myself completely. It’s actually been very nice because the critical reaction was what it was, but since then . . . Like, just today, I was sitting, having lunch, and a really nice Canadian couple on vacation with their daughter came up and made a point of saying, “We just loved you at the Oscars.” It’s been so amazing and lovely, the feedback that I’ve been getting even months after the show. But then the other side of it was that I was obviously a little bummed out by the critical response because you work so hard at that. What I never appreciated about any of the hosts was just how much time and work goes into this huge production. Almost immediately afterwards, I went to Africa for the first time with an initiative that I work with called The Girl Effect, and I just realized that all these feelings that I was having, maybe even the negative ones, were a privilege to be had, and that good, bad, middling, whatever the Oscars were . . . I mean, I met a woman on this trip who got married at the age of 5."

Anne on her best quality as an actress: "Work ethic. I heard Elia Kazan once said of Vivien Leigh-which I couldn’t believe, because they worked together on A Streetcar Named Desire [1951], and she gives the most amazing performance as Blanche DuBois. But I guess he was pretty tough on his actresses, so he said that she’s not the best actress in the world, but she’d have crawled over broken glass if she thought it would help her performance. That’s how I see myself as an actress. I may not be the best in the world, but I love my craft more than just about anything, and I will give everything I have to it, whatever the cost . . . I feel like such a jerk when I say “my craft,” but I do feel that way."

[From Interview]

It's a really long piece, and I'm sorry for not excerpting more. Chelsea Handler wasn't too annoying in it, and you could tell that she actually respects Anne, so she didn't treat her like dirt.

By the way, Anne was on Chelsea's show last night - here's a clip:

anne23

anne32

anne41

Photos courtesy of Interview Magazine.

Kim Kardashian & the fug, stripper-wear, animal-print buffet: tacky hot mess?

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 06:45 AM PDT

wenn3474327

Last night, the Jenner-Kardashian family came out for the "launch" of the Kardashian Kollection, and to say that it was an insane buffet of tacky stripperwear in assorted animal prints would be too kind. I even had to ask CB to help me identify some of the animal prints, but we're both at a loss for some of them. The print must be from the ever-elusive famewhore animal, who wears his spotted coat in the form of the most hideous jumpsuit you've ever seen. Suffice to say, I'm pretty sure that all of the Kardash-Jenner ladies were wearing their own designs. Sad.

I'm tempted to just begin and END with Kim, because I don't even want to start with the other ladies, but seriously, they all look bad. I mean, Kris Jenner looked terrible in an ill-fitting leopard-print dress, Kourtney just looks like awful these days, and Khloe… well, Khloe just looked budget - but I think her face and hair were the best out of the bunch. And I guess Kylie and Kendell Jenner looked okay too, although there's some Ali Lohan happening with those girls, and it's sad.

As for Kim… her jacked face doesn't look quite so jarring when her hair is down and loose, thank God. But Kim's outfit was by far the worst. I'm referring to her outfit as a jumpsuit, but the animal print is plaguing me. I think it's more jaguar-print than leopard-print. Ugh. I once confessed to CB that I wasn't opposed to the odd-animal print, in home décor or fashion, but I think this Kardashian Karpet was just a famewhore too far for me. Why do they all look like strippers who just managed to find the easiest, tackiest things to use as cover-ups?

kardashian_kollection_43_wenn3474321

kardashian_kollection_51_wenn3474260

kardashian_kollection_66_wenn3474302

kardashian_kollection_39_wenn3474277

kardashian_kollection_44_wenn3474313

wenn3474326

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Linnocent went to an Adele concert in LA last night: busted or better?

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 06:15 AM PDT

65475pcn_lindsay02

After spending a long and arduous day being cracked-out with a surfboard, Linnocent decided to treat herself last night with an Adele concert. These are photos of Linnocent, doing her best cracked-out, busted Marilyn Monroe impression, leaving Adele's LA concert. Look at those crack lips. Look at that God-awful hair. And what's with the outfit? She's basically wearing a beige sports bra and an oversized black hippie skirt…? Are all of the Venice Beach crackheads wearing this style these days?

As you may remember, Linnocent has tweeted about her Adele-love before, and it has just made me sick. I guess Adele can't choose who her fans are, and she can't control which crackheads end up at her concerts. I just hope that Adele didn't let Linnocent get backstage. Please, please… don't let Linnocent get backstage. She might throw a temper tantrum if she doesn't get backstage, but it's totally worth it to not be associated with her in any way, or be damaged by her crack hustle. Remember Tom Hardy? Remember Guy Berryman?

By the way, the Mail is trying to make it like the dude with Linnocent is her latest love interest, but I'm pretty sure this is either Linnocent's security, or the security guard for the venue. I mean, I'm sure Linnocent hooked up with him, but let's not call the poor security guy her latest boyfriend.

65475pcn_lindsay08

65475pcn_lindsay07

65475pcn_lindsay12

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News.

Frances Bean Cobain, 19, is lovely and tatted up in new portraits

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 05:09 AM PDT

frances1
We get requests occasionally to cover Frances Bean Cobain, the 19 year-old daughter of batsh*t crazy Courtney Love and the late great Kurt Cobain. I think it’s because we covered Frances’ suicide-themed sweet 16 party after she posted the photos on MySpace. It was dumb and arguably insensitive to have a “suicide” party, given how her dad allegedly died, but Frances was just a kid and you would expect her mother to tell her “no,” which obviously did not happen.

frances10
Anyway it’s a few years later and Frances is older and hopefully wiser. She’s been estranged from her insane mom for some time, and now she’s ready to step back into the spotlight. MTV’s style blog and Stylecaster have run two series of photos of Frances by photographer Hedi Slimane. Frances is wearing her own clothing and styling. She looks stunning. In one series she’s a little rough around the edges and looking rock and roll. The Angelina Jolie comparisons are obvious. In another that was just released she’s elegant in vintage-style clothing and looking a little like Evan Rachel Wood. The NY Times called the first set of photos “one of the most anticipated comings of age in recent pop cultural history.”

frances9
These are beautiful photos, but they feel wrong to me somehow, like she shouldn’t be out in the public eye like this. She’s old enough though at 19 and she looks so self-possessed here. This is a young woman who can definitely hold her own. Frances has a Twitter account where she doesn’t post much and comes across well when she does. She writes that this photo is her favorite:

francesfavorite

Frances’ mother Courtney Love has of course chimed in. She quipped “I don't know how the entire f’ing news media has my phone number. It's like when Amy Winehouse died — everyone called.” Then she bragged about herself randomly and ultimately said she was proud of her daughter, but didn’t realize how many tattoos Frances had. Frances hasn’t seem her mom in ages obviously, and that’s surely the best course for her.

frances7

frances3

frances4

*Thanks to P for the tip! I would write your full name, but I didn’t ask!

Daniel Radcliffe goes scary in ‘The Woman in Black’ trailer, how does he fare?

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 05:00 AM PDT

womaninblack4

Forgive me for sounding hyperbolic, but this is a very crucial moment in time for Daniel Radclffe. Yes, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II broke nearly every box-office record in existence, but now this young lead actor must prove that he can carry a movie beyond wizardry and built-in franchises based upon already successful books. In short, he’s probably got a few years and a couple of misses to rely upon, but Radcliffe must prevail beyond the character that he portrayed for nearly a decade. And he’s certainly got a promising start; for three years ago, he made his (nude) Broadway debut in Equus to rave reviews. Now, Radcliffe makes his post-Harry Potter cinematic debut in a film called The Woman in Black. If you’re interested in an official description, well sure. Here you go:

The story follows a young lawyer, Arthur Kipps (Radcliffe), who is ordered to travel to a remote village and sort out a recently deceased client's papers. As he works alone in the client's isolated house, Kipps begins to uncover tragic secrets, his unease growing when he glimpses a mysterious woman dressed only in black. Receiving only silence from the locals, Kipps is forced to uncover the true identity of the Woman in Black on his own, leading to a desperate race against time when he discovers her true intent.

[From Hammer Films]

C’mon. This is an an adaptation of the 1983 novel (by Susan Hill) about a specter that haunts an English town, so we could at least characterize Radcliffe’s character as a proper “barrister,” right? Check out the trailer, and afterwards, we’ll discuss:

Freaky, right? That “thing” at 1:15 completely threw me off guard, and I seriously doubt that poor Kaiser will be sleeping for at least the next three nights. Mostly, the atmosphere is what does the trick here, although the creepy little girls and Radcliffe certainly don’t hurt matters. The film does look quite interesting, but we’ll have to wait a bit longer to see the full theatrical trailer, which will hopefully arrive in short order, no?

womaninblack3

womaninblack1

Movie stills courtesy of HammerFilms.com

No comments:

Post a Comment