Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Alex Skarsgard for German GQ: smoldering hot or male model meh?

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 09:53 AM PDT

alex1
Whenever we run photos of Alex Skarsgard, there are always a few of you who say he doesn’t do it for you. That’s fine, you know, it takes all kinds and that just means there’s more to go around for the rest of us. I personally don’t get the Fassbender love that Kaiser and Bedhead have. I mean I wouldn’t kick him out of bed or anything but he’s not my type. That’s part of the reason I’m surprised that Kaiser has so much love for Alex Skarsgard. He’s not her type, I wouldn’t think, in that he’s so angelically lovely. (She likes ‘em a little rough around the edges.) The guy is perfection on a tall perfectly toned… stick.

alex5
So here we have Alex for German GQ Style’s Fall/Winter issue and in September’s InStyle adding so much joy and meaning to hump day. He does look like a typically gorgeous male model, but to me he’s also a man of substance. Yes I’m overstating my case, but he just seems so nice, normal and humble in interviews. He does have poor taste in women, so we know he’s not perfect.

alex4

alex3

Skars is blowing up the newsstand this coming month. He’s also on the covers of Wonderland (along with Kiki Dunst) and Blackbook (along with his ex and upcoming co-star, Kate Bosworth.) I doubt that his parts in Straw Dogs or that Battleship movie are going to be breakout roles for him, but it’s still nice to see him get so much exposure. He’s a talented actor and oh-so-easy on the eyes.

alexinwonderland

bbset11covers

alex2

Carrie Fisher lost 50 pounds, got a plastic surgery makeover, is unrecognizable

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 09:39 AM PDT

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Wacky Carrie Fisher looks totally different now that she’s lost 50 pounds in nine months and undoubtedly gotten some very good work done. This lady is 54 years old and while I wouldn’t put her at 10 years younger looking or anything she looks incredible. I’ve noticed that it’s harder to lose weight the older I get (I’m not 40 yet, but barely) and my mom tells me as much too. So Carrie deserves a lot of credit for losing all that weight. She also got a very good surgeon to freshen her up, although she had that facelift before she lost the weight. It’s easy to notice that she’s had a lot of work done when she talks and only her jaw moves, but in still photos she doesn’t look all plumped up and waxy. (Except for her lips, but they’ll hopefully settle.)

Carrie is a spokesperson for Jenny Craig, and she explained that she was able to stick to the diet with the help of her consultant, whom she compared to an AA sponsor:

carrie1

She’s lost 50 lbs. in the past nine months – and is ready for her bikini, or, in her case, her Princess Leia metal two-piece.

The self-effacing author-actress and Jenny Craig spokesperson, 54, coyly unveiled her latest self on Wednesday’s Today” show, accepting a hug from host Ann Curry, who proclaimed Fisher “beeeeeeeeauuuuuutiful.”

“If I knew I don’t want to know, because then I’d have to go get it,” Fisher said when asked where was the rest of her.

Before the weight loss, she said, “I couldn’t leave the house [to go shopping], because they didn’t have sizes [large enough]. I exhausted the alphabet on bra sizes.” She also admitted she could no longer look at herself in the mirror.

Now, Fisher is proud to be able to buy clothes she hadn’t imagined wearing before, though being over age 50 she’ll shun going sleeveless.

Of the Jenny Craig weight-loss plan, Fisher admitted she’s addicted to the cereal, because “it tastes like contraband,” which appeals to her. Fisher also credited her consultant, who allowed the actress “to complain to, stamp my fat foot and say I didn’t want to do it.”

[From People]

Carrie said a couple of things that I found funny and could relate to. First she said she didn’t like to see pictures of herself before she lost the weight. “I saw pictures of myself where I didn’t look like [me]. I thought that was growing old, it turns out it was mostly getting fat.” I only gained 10 pounds in the past year or so and I hate to see photos of myself. I think my face looks so different. Also I could relate to what she said about how she asked her daughter “what do I do that embarasses you?” and she said “wear a bra.” I try to tell my mom that, subtly, all the time.

She also quipped that being Princess Leia was like being Minnie Mouse and added there’s “a marijuana called Princess Leia, not that I’ve seen it.” Carrie wants to get back in her Star Wars metal bikini and joked that she’s coming out with a line of metal bikinis for women over 40. That’s it, the next chance I get I’m watching her Wishful Drinking special on HBO. She’s funny as hell.

carrieheader

carrie2

carrie4

Here’s Carrie “Before,” in January, 2011 announcing that she’s going to be a Jenny Craig spokesperson.
wenn5593712

wenn5593699

And here she is in October, 2009, before whatever it is she had done. I have no idea what’s up with the sparkles around her eyes, but this photo was taken outside her performance of Wishful Drinking, so this must be stage makeup.

wenn5370229

Reese Witherspoon debuts as the new face of Lindex: cute or too generic?

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 09:32 AM PDT

reeselindex4

Swedish fashion label Lindex has hired Reese Witherspoon as spokesmodel for their Autumn 2011 campaign called “California Denim,” which arrives with a so-called breaking concept called “Get the Look.” According to Lindex, Reese personifies the company because she’s “positive, warm and full of energy and she has a fantastic ability to combine a carefree style with Hollywood glamour.” From the looks of the collection on the Lindex website, this is a fairly limited yet highly affordable fashion line based upon knitted garments and layers for the fall season. As part of her contract, Reese has also filmed a promotional video that contains a few commonsensical tips from the lady herself:

“A small secret about fashion I think every woman should know is learn what looks good on you.”

“The collection fits my lifestyle cause I think it’s sophisticated enough to go to a business meeting but also casual enough to be at home with your family.”

“Becoming a mother at age 22 was a huge defining moment in my life. It really changed my personality, I think for the better.”

“The best career advice I’ve ever been given is probably just do what you’re good at.”

So Lindex is aiming squarely for the Reese demographic here by including statements that would appeal to everyday (young) working mothers. Although I am a big fan of the red sweater look shown below, the fringe purse has to go, and the rest of the collection is cute and slightly 1970s but still sort of preppy as well. It’s definitely stuff that I can already see Reese wearing on her paparazzi runs with the kids too.

reeselindex3

reeselindex2

Speaking of getting papped, Reese is finally back from her second honeymoon with new husband Jim Toth. She was snapped out at the market while wearing one of her trademarked high-waisted skirts but, oddly, doesn’t look thrilled to be photographed here:

65708pcn_reese05

65708pcn_reese08

Photos courtesy of PCN and Lindex

Jon Hamm finally goes back to tight jeans, with his lovely bulge on display

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 08:59 AM PDT

65738pcn_jon05

Maybe I'm being self-absorbed (shocking), but I do think I'm partially to blame for the recent lack of sightings of our beloved Hamm Dong. Not that Jon Hamm hasn't been around - he has. He's been filming movies and going to film festivals and all of that good stuff. But it's been months since we've seen him in a tight pair of jeans, with his glorious bulge on display. I think someone told The Hamm that there was an internet sensation (not just on this site) when people began discovering that he often free-balls it, or that The Hamm Dong is simply too big to be encased in a pair of jeans. I think The Hamm tried to downplay his bulge so we would focus on his art. We can do both, Jon!

Maybe last night he just didn't feel like wearing baggy pants. Maybe The Hamm just felt like giving us a little taste (OMG, my biscuits just screamed "YES!") of what we've been missing. I don't know. All I know is that it's wonderful to see our beloved Hamm Dong once again in a tight pair of pants. Also: he shaved! He's been wearing a beard for months, but I think he probably had to shave for Mad Men, which is filming now. Added bonus: his girlfriend Jennifer Westfeldt was nowhere around last night! Huzzah!

By the way, did you hear about the advertising students who are trying to create a viral campaign to get Don Draper to deliver the commencement at their graduation? Not The Hamm - they want The Draper. You can read more about it here.

65738pcn_jon01

65738pcn_jon04

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News.

Cate Blanchett owns a hoodie - the most elegant hoodie you’ve ever seen

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 08:33 AM PDT

fp_7775642_blanchettcate_shopping_wik_00_06

I have a kind of unofficial rule around here. There are certain celebrities who I will just automatically write about as soon as we get new photos in. It doesn't matter what they're doing, who they're with, what they're wearing. It's just reflex - I'm so excited to see this celebrity, and I usually think you'll enjoy them too. Some of these celebrities who get automatic posts, no matter what? Angelina Jolie. Nicole Kidman. And Cate Blanchett. New Cate photos are rare - when she was promoting her last movie, Hanna, I think she made maybe two public appearances in support of the film. She doesn't get pap'd a lot. I don't even know what her sons look like. And whenever I see her, her hair looks completely different!

So these are new candid photos of Cate, out and about in Washington, D.C., where she is performing in Uncle Vanya at the Kennedy Center. It looks like Cate is also doing some shopping while in the city - I hope she wasn't too disturbed by yesterday's earthquake! I'll punch the earth in the nuts if the 'quake upset my beloved Blanchett.

So, can we talk about Cate's oufit? How awesome does she look? That's a reflex too - I can rarely admit when Cate looks bad, but in my defense, she rarely looks like hell. After Jennifer Garner's daily frump-fest in casual-wear, it's so nice to see a celebrity who looks chic even when dressed down. Simple white slacks, a striped hoodie (I can't believe Cate owns a hoodie!!!!), great metallic sandals, and an INCREDIBLE bag. I love the purse so much. Look at the way she's accessorized too - a substantial watch and awesome sunglasses, and that's it. She's so elegant, even when she's just walking down the street in a HOODIE. Sigh… I love her.

By the way, La Blanchett was recently on PBS's News Hour. Go here to watch her interview.

fp_7775647_blanchettcate_shopping_wik_05_06

fp_7775644_blanchettcate_shopping_wik_02_06

fp_7775646_blanchettcate_shopping_wik_04_06

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Star: Ryan Reynolds & Sandra Bullock are engaged, except they’re not

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 08:01 AM PDT

wenn2439485

CB gets excited at the thought of Sandra Bullock and Ryan Reynolds possibly being together for real. Personally, I don't like the idea (or the reality). I'd like to see Sandra with a nice guy, someone emotionally strong and care-taking, who will have her back. Preferably, I would like to see her with a non-actor, perhaps a producer-type or mogul. Ryan just seems like he's still dealing with issues, mostly from his divorce, but possibly also some personality issues that are on-going. Anyway, last week, Sandy & Ryan were spotted hiking together in Wyoming with little Louis, so obviously, they're engaged now. According to Star Magazine. So… sorry, it's not on.

For years there have been rumbles of a romance between these Hollywood A-listers and sources say they're finally giving love a shot!

Sandra Bullock might have finally found Mr. Right in her long-time friend Ryan Reynolds. The Proposal co-stars were spotted hiking near her Jackson Hole, Wyo., home on Aug. 12 which reignited rumors that they were more than just good friends. A source tells Star that during the two-mile hike around Jenny Lake, Sandra and Ryan talked about spending their lives together.

"As the day went on, they started thinking about it, and soon the thought of spending their lives together didn't sound all that ridiculous," the source says. "It sounded wonderful."

Ryan hiked the entire Grand Teton National Park trail with Sandra's adopted son baby Louis on his back. The source says Ryan already feels "like a father" to Louis and he was already talking about buying him a 1968 Mustang or a Harley when he gets older.

Despite the 10 year age difference, Sandra and Ryan reportedly seemed smitten while at their favorite local restaurant, Rendezvous Bistro.

"They enjoyed a few drinks and were very comfortable around each other," an eyewitness says. "They seem to fit together, like it's a really easy and fun relationship."

This is a far cry from Sandra's very public breakup with her philandering ex-husband Jesse James. They officially divorced in June 2010, while Ryan and his wife Scarlett Johansson divorced that same year but in December.

"Ryan is such a sweet-heart, everyone is giving them the stamp of approval," a source adds. "They have a great foundation for a long-term relationship."

[From Hollywood Life]

See, I don't have a problem thinking that Ryan and Sandy are probably tight, and they probably do joke around about getting married. But they're just friends. Sandra isn't hitting that, I don't think. I think she brings out the best in Ryan, and I think he's someone she can trust and confide in. But romance? Nope.

wenn3456187

wenn3158046

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Kim Kardashian wedding was tacky & the Humphries family was “appalled”

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 07:31 AM PDT

kim1

Prepare yourselves. Gird your loins. This is the post for the twenty-million stories about Kim Kardashian's wedding. I feared that today would be like this - all of the tabloids are coming out, and Kim's wedding crap is featured on everything. Let's just take a deep breath and knock this junk out quickly:

*People Magazine put Kim on the cover, obviously. I hate her headpiece, it's so… "LOOK AT MY KATFACE." The People story online is basically just trying to get you to buy the special wedding issue, but Kim tells the mag, "It was like we were in heaven.” Kris Humphries says: “I’m going to remember how perfect it was.” Kim says she felt like a princess in her Vera Wang gown. Meh.

*Kim borrowed $10 million worth of jewels from Lorainne Schwartz. It was mostly the headpiece.

*Us Weekly has a story asking if the wedding was "Fairy tale or fake?" The wedding could end up earning $17 million, and everything was overblown and tacky. One guest says, "There were rhinestones up the wazoo! It was 100 percent Kardashian.” There were "200-plus staffers and plenty of TV cameras documenting the whole thing for an October TV special on E!." Another guest says, "It's so hard to take it all seriously. Everybody felt awkward, like it was all for the cameras and more like a TV show than a wedding.” And apparently the Kardashians were telling everyone, "This is our version of the royal wedding!” FYI: The groom’s family “mostly looked appalled by the entire thing,” but they “cheered when Kim and Kris were pronounced husband and wife.”

*Kris Humphries's teammates call him "Kate Middleton". Because he "just married into royalty." Eyeroll.

*You know how millions of dollars were spent on the wedding? None of it went towards getting the Humphries family to California. They paid for their own economy class tickets.

*I don't know what's happening with the honeymoon. For a while, Kim said they weren't doing one until next year, but apparently they flew to Naples, Italy and are there now.

Here are Mr. and Mrs. Humphries yesterday at JFK:

wenn3478666

wenn3478659

wenn3478663

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Anderson Cooper: “I’ve always giggled like a 13 year-old girl”

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 06:51 AM PDT

fp_7776633_cooperanderson_cnnwalk_scp_00_03

When Gerard Depardieu took a piss in the middle of a plane aisle, some of you laughed. When it came time for Anderson Cooper to report the story, the boy had a near breakdown. Maybe it was just the basics of the story - large, French actor taking a piss in front of people on a plane - or maybe it was all of the puns and double-entendres in Anderson's script, but whatever it was, Anderson erupted into an unstoppable giggle fit that quickly went viral (the giggling starts around the 2:30 mark):

So, everyone was talking about how Anderson giggles like a girl. Entertainment Weekly spoke to Anderson about it, and he was pretty funny about the incident:

It's safe to say Anderson Cooper finds laughs in bathroom humor. Just last Thursday, a video clip from Cooper's CNN show, Anderson Cooper 360, went viral after the anchor fell into an mean case of the giggles during his "Ridiculist" segment. The subject? Actor Gerard Depardieu's airplane urination which Cooper said at least wasn't a "Depar-TWO."

Now, Cooper tells EW he's even surprised by how popular the footage became.

"I don't know what happened with the giggling," Cooper tells EW. "I mean, I've always giggled like a 13 year-old girl at a Justin Bieber meet and greet. There's nothing I can do about it but I've never not been able to stop. I'm a little stunned by how many people have seen that video. I went to bed telling myself, 'I doubt anyone will notice the giggle fit.' I woke up and in the elevator the first thing my building super said to me was, 'What's wrong with your laugh?' It could be worse: I could have a viral video in which I throw up on a guest or drunkenly eat a hamburger on a bathroom floor. Not that I've ever done either of those things. Not yet at least."

[From Entertainment Weekly]

There is something he could do about it, I think. I worked to change my laugh, and it ended up happening. When I used to laugh, my whole body would shake, but very little laughter would come out of my mouth. It was more like a full-body fit than a chuckle. Anyway, I consciously made the effort to laugh differently, and it worked. Sort of. Now when something really cracks me up, I end up snorting. But that's fine.

fp_7776634_cooperanderson_cnnwalk_scp_01_03

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Lindsay Lohan really jacked up her face before Kim Kardashian’s wedding

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 06:34 AM PDT


When Kaiser covered the detail that Lindsay Lohan was doing shots at Kim Kardashian’s wedding, she linked to these photos of Lindsay in a white dress that was a copy of Pippa Middleton’s royal wedding party dress. We were all so mesmerized by Lohan’s plunging cleavage that we barely noticed her newly-filled chipmunk cheeks and plumped up fish lips, enhanced by her rosy drunk face. If you check out this photo, you can see what I mean. Even Dina Lohan looks over it and like she’s trying to stand apart from drunk plumped Lindsay. Well The NY Post got some plastic surgeons to comment on the situation and they all tut-tutted and stated the obvious.

Plastic surgeons consulted by The Post say she had probably received lip and cheek injections only days before.

“Her face has been plumped beyond all recognition,” said Dr. Anthony Youn.

“Lindsay, who’s 25, looks like a 50-year-old ‘Real Housewife’ trying to look 20.”

Youn said Lohan may have had her lips and cheeks injected with a wrinkle filler such as Restylane. That would have swelled her cheeks and given her a “trout pout.”

“Lindsay’s a very pretty gal,” Youn said. “When young people get these types of treatments, there’s got to be a concern.”

Another doctor, Toby Mayer, said he tries to talk young patients out of such treatments.

“Women in their 20s,” he said, “don’t need filler.”

[From NY Post via ONTD]

Lindsay is twenty freaking five years old. She may have aged herself with a lot of smoking, hard partying and tanning but we usually don’t see this type of extremely pulled look until women are at least 10 years younger. Again, check out this photo of Lindsay standing next to her mom, Dina. Dina looks younger! It does seem fitting, though, that Lindsay paid tribute to the bride by morphing her face to look closer to Kim’s. I wonder if she went to Kim’s surgeon.

I kind of can’t wait until we see some more candids of Lindsay with her 3.0 face. Kaiser can cover those though.

These photos of Lindsay are from 8/17/11. Compare to these photos.

65475PCN_Lindsay

65475PCN_Lindsay

Jennifer Aniston bought James Dean’s jacket for Justin Theroux’s 40th b-day?

Posted: 24 Aug 2011 06:14 AM PDT

justjen

Does anyone else find it weird/funny/interesting that Justin Theroux dumped his girlfriend of 14 years, plans a move to Beverly Hills with his new, big-Hollywood girlfriend/jumpoff, eschews the hipster/indie cred he's worked on for years, signs on to CAA, ALL on the same year that he's turned 40 years old? Various sources have said that there are fears that Justin is in the midst of a mid-life crisis, and that Jennifer Aniston is the equivalent of a little red sports car. Oh, and Theroux is going bald. I've mentioned that before, but seriously - he's going bald. That has to figure into it too.

So, if you're a jumpoff/homewrecker and your man is going through a mid-life crisis, what do you get him for his birthday? (Hint: hair plugs?) NO! You buy him something pretty and leathery.

Jennifer Aniston has bestowed her new man with a very pricey and sought after present - a leather jacket once owned by movie star James Dean. According to U.S. reports the Horrible Bosses star splashed out $12,000 to get hold of the black vintage garment.

She got him the gift for his recent 40th birthday earlier this month, according to ShowBizSpy.com.

Fifties heartthrob Dean, who died aged 24 in a car accident, was most celebrated for his role in Rebel Without a Cause, in which her wore his iconic leather jacket throughout.

Aniston, 42, and Theroux have been dating since May - but things have taken a serious turn in the relationship.

The couple have enjoyed a Hawaii break together and accompanied one another to their respective events over recent months.

While $12,000 may be a lot to spend on someone you have only been dating for a few months, it’s a mere drop in the ocean for Jen, who is worth a reported $110 according to Forbes magazine.

ShowBizSpy also reports that Aniston has been trying her hand at writing poetry and recited her first one in front of his friends and family at a recent party.

A source said: ‘Their romance is like a real-life fairytale, even if it is cheesy beyond belief.’

[From The Mail]

$12,000 for James Dean's jacket? That sounds under-priced, honestly. I would imagine that his jacket would go for much, much more. Here's the thing, though: is this really a good gift for Justin? James Dean was an icon of badassery, a hero, lodestone and trailblazer for Method actors, and he was practically martyred to the cause of "living hard and dying young". And he was also into dudes. What does it say to your 40-year-old, mid-life-crisis-y boyfriend to get him James Dean's jacket? Hm… I would have gone with the Ferrari.

wenn5687233

wenn5634176

wenn5686952

Photos courtesy of WENN, Terry Richardson.

No comments:

Post a Comment