Thursday, August 18, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Ice-T Lashes Out At Other Reality TV Stars, Calls The Stars Of "BBW" The Basketball Dumped H*es!

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 08:44 AM PDT

The always outspoken actor and reality tv star Ice-T recently drew attacks from critics and fans after he made some pretty shocking statements about some of his fellow reality tv stars from "RHofBH" "Jersey Shore" and "BBW." He even went as far as called the "BBW" stars "H*e$." Get the deets inside....

The world of pop culture and reality tv was dealt a shock recently when it was announced that Russell Armstrong, the husband of Taylor Armstrong from "The Real Housewives of Beverly Hills" was found dead of an apparent suicide.  And while most people stray away from jokes of a sensitive nature, Ict-T set it off recently when he tweeted:

"The lack of people caring about REAL issues has caused the media to focus on dumb s--t like TWITTER comments."

And then it gets better....

"Bad joke..but alotta those wives would make me consider it." (Obviously referring to the suicide).

Deep sigh.  But his comments didn't stop there.  While he also stars in his own E! reality show "Ice Loves Coco" he made a few disparaging comments about "Jersey Shore" and "BBW."

In a recent interview, Ice said,

"A guy asked me my key to success & whats the difference between us. I said 'Did you see the last 3 episodes of Jersey Shore?' Yes 'I didn't'."

And what does he think of Shaunie, Evelyn, Tami and Jennifer on "BBW"?

"Speaking on Wives shows...Are any of the 'Basketball Wives' even married??? ...So shouldn't it be called.."Basketball Dumped H--'???"

"Hey! People love to call my wife a H--," Well at least she is a WIFE."

 

Well....I can't argue with that last comment because people say a lot of ish about Coco but she does have what appears to be a healthy, loving marriage....at least from what we can see....

Solange & June Ambrose Kick It At Macy's I.N.C. Event + Selita Ebanks And Maxwell Partying In NYC

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 08:04 AM PDT

Last night, Solange Knowles, June Ambrose and Genevieve Jones were among the celebs who attended the INC International Concepts party at Macy's last night. Also, Selita Ebanks and Maxwell attended Noah Tepperberg's birthday party.  See the pics inside....

Last night, Anna Dello Russo, the INC Editor-at-Large, hosted a party for INC International Concepts At Macy's in the Openhouse Gallery. 

Solange brought her little mini-me, Juelz, to the event with her. ute color contrast with her outfit. 

While there, she and Juelz posed with jewelry designer and socialite Genevieve Jones.

Cute look.

And June Ambrose, another fab chick known for her style, hit up the party in this white frock and gold Nicholas Kirkwood for Rodarte shoes.

June recently announced that, in addition to her own line of turbans, she will soon launch her own website called Juniverse.

 

Also in NYC................

Selita Ebanks (wearing The Row) partied with Maxwell at Noah Tepperberg’s Birthday Bash at TAO & LAVO NYC.


 

She kicked it with Andre Harrell and Todd English.

 

And Maxwell was there too.  Seems like he's everywhere Selita is these days....

Photos via J. Mccarthy/Seth Browarnik/WorldRedEye.com

Jennifer Hudson: I'm Prouder Of My Weight Loss Than My Oscar!

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 07:22 AM PDT

Jennifer Hudson is opening up about her struggle to "realize" she was "plus sized" by Hollywood standards.  And how she used it a motivation to lose 80 pounds with her fiance's help.  She's covering the September 2011 issue of SELF magazine and looking fab doing so.

 

Pics and quotes inside....

We've heard most of her weight loss story and reasons before.  But Jennifer also speaks on what first made her realize she wasn't like all the other Hollywood chicks.  And how her weight loss is the best thing since sliced bread.  Here's a few excerpts:

On what made her decide to lose weight

"It really started when I was pregnant with David, who's 2 now, and I thought, Hold on—why doesn't anybody know I'm pregnant? And I wanted to set a good example for my son. Right after I had him, I began trying to change things."

On how she didn't know she was plus-sized until Hollywood TOLD her she was

"I wasn't unhappy with my body before. I remember one of my first times on a red carpet, an interviewer asked, 'How does it feel to be plus-sized in Hollywood?' I looked around, like, Who is she talking to? Oh, me? I'm plus-sized? In the neighborhood I'm from in Chicago, a 16 is normal. But in Hollywood, everyone looks exactly the same, so I stood out."

"I find the positive in everything. I like my curves, so it didn't bother me. My fiancé, David's father [also named David], and I both knew we didn't learn to eat right and be healthy as kids, so we wanted to for him."

On why this particular weight loss is different from her others

"I've had three different weight losses. Before American Idol in '04, I lost 60 pounds. Then I lost the 20 pounds I had to gain for my role in Dreamgirls, which came out in '06. This is the third time I've lost a lot."

"That first time, I was a workout fanatic. I'd go to the gym at 5 in the morning and run for an hour, go home, sleep and be back at the gym at 1 p.m. for another full workout. Then I'd come home and do Tae-Bo. That was my whole day. Plus, all I'd eat was skinless chicken breast, brown rice and vegetables. What are you going to do once you lose weight? Eat everything you gave up!"

On how she kicked off her workout routine solo and slowly, and her workout routine now

"Four days after my cesarean section, I began walking 30 minutes every day. It was my therapy, my moment to myself, and it was all I could do. I figured, me walking is better than me sitting on the couch. Even if I can't climb a mountain or do 100,000 push-ups, these steps matter, and they're leading somewhere."

"I started with walking, but before long, I built up to other things. When I didn't want to be cooped up in the gym, I'd come up with other options. I'd ask myself, What do I love? I love being outside and feeling free, so I would jog or ride my bike. Some days, I'd play basketball and tennis."

"Now, on days when I'm short on time, I do this workout called trilogy, which is cardio and strength combined: I do 25 squats, 25 push-ups and 25 ab moves, then rest a minute. Then I do them in reverse and rest another minute. Fifteen minutes and I'm done! And I create moments of exercise. When I lived on the 26th floor, I'd walk up the stairs instead of taking the elevator."

On working out with her fiance' David

"He bought me a basketball hoop for Christmas, so we play in our backyard. We also get in the pool and do squat contests. One time, I got up to 1,000, and he was, like, 'Wow, impressed!'"

On changing up her diet mentally

"I had to break my diet mentality. I used to deprive myself, thinking that was healthy. I didn't eat pasta, fried food, red meat. I hadn't had pizza in 10 years! Then, about two months after my son was born, I joined Weight Watchers and learned about balance. If you're on a strict diet that says you shouldn't have any carbs or this or that, your body won't function the way it should. I know now that I can eat anything I want and still lose or maintain my weight. It's about portions and balance."

On getting treated differently as "skinny Jennifer" and her fans' reactions to her change

"Yes! You never know you're being discriminated against until you see what you've been deprived of. Everybody wants you to wear this or put you on the cover of that. Before, my career was great, but since losing weight, I haven't stopped. I have worked every single day of this year."

"Some fans love it and say they're inspired, and others don't. Some have even questioned whether I can still sing. My voice has gotten stronger! I can't care about whether I'm too big for some or too small for others. It goes back to how you feel about yourself. I like me the way I am. For anyone who wants to lose: Dude, if I can do it, you can do it. And for those who want to stay the same, I hope I can be an example to you, too; I was proud of being a big girl."

On the KEY to her weight loss

"It's like my mother said: 'Well, honey, when there is a will, there is a way.' You have to want it, but don't rush yourself. When you're ready, you'll set goals for yourself. Once you do, it's good to have support, but you don't need it, because everything you need is in you."

"I'm prouder of my weight loss than my Oscar! I hope it has inspired people."

Here's more outtakes of Jenny looking svelte and sexy in SELF mag:

 

Lookin' fab chick!

Source

WHERE YOU BEEN GIRL?! Singer PATRA Spotted Out Partying In NYC!

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 06:30 AM PDT

Talk about a face from the milk carton. 90's Reggae singer Patra was spotted out and about in NYC at a party honoring ESSENCE.com editor Emil Wilbekin.  Solange must have channeled her presence with those braids she's been rocking lately.  See pics of Patra and others at the party inside....

With a blast from the past, "Worker Man" rapper Patra was spotted in NYC last night looking the same as she always did--a colorful catsuit and those long thick braids.  Pull up to my bumper baaaaby....

 

The dancehall chick attended the "Inspired In New York" party honoring Emil Wilbekin at Tian at the Riverbank.  Lady Patra is currently in the Bahamas recording her album, Changes, and under new management of the Box 10 Entertainment Group.  Who knew?!

Congrats Emil! 

Former "ANTM" contestant Jade was there looking pretty as well.

Need a flashback memory refresher?


Photos via WireImage/B. Raglin
 

VIDEO FAB: Bridget Kelly's New "Thinking About Forever" Vid...Acoustic Style

Posted: 18 Aug 2011 05:58 AM PDT

Jay-Z recently gave his back-up singer and new Roc Nation signee Bridget Kelly the chance of a lifetime and released her new Frank Ocean written single, "Thinking About Forever."

 

Now she's released an acoustic version of the song via video.  Check it inside...

I fell for this track after hearing this version.  Loves.  You feelin' it?

DININ' DUO: Tika Sumpter & La La Anthony Have A Nobu Night Out

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 11:50 PM PDT

It was a Nobu night for new friends La La Anthony & Tika Sumpter.  The vee-jay turned reality chick turned actress and the "it" tv actress of the moment grabbed dinner at the luxe Sushi spot in L.A. only days after their NYC photoshoot together for VIBE mag.

 

Pics of the duo's dinner date inside....

Last night, La La and Tika made their way in sexy dresses to Nobu for some chow:

Tika was pretty in pink and La tapped into her wild side with her cheetah print mini dress.

Looks like the two are becoming fast friends.  Not surprised at all.  Cute pics!

 

READY FOR LABOR?: Preggers Fantasia Ordered To Be On BED REST

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 10:24 PM PDT

Doctor's Orders!  Fantasia has officially been put on bed rest. Which means she's had to pull out of her latest scheduled performance gigs.  Deets on what's going down inside...

Singer Fantasia officially confirmed her pregnancy last month during a performance for the opening of an apartment complex.  And we had already been speculating for several weeks before that her belly was protruding more than usual.

So she seems to be gearing up for labor soon.  But she's been ordered to be on bed rest by her docs.

Fantasia was scheduled to appear and perform at the Bronner Brothers International Hair Show this Saturday night in Atlanta.  But the company posted a Facebook message saying she had been replaced by Kelly Price, thanks to "doctor's orders:"

New Update: Due to medical conditions, Fantasia has been placed on bed rest and will not be performing at the show. However, the lovely and talented Kelly Price is now scheduled to be the headliner for Saturday evening.

Baby on the way!

Tia Mowry Gushes About Baby Cree...& Getting Back To Work

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 04:32 PM PDT

She gave birth to baby Cree less than two months ago.  And Tia Mowry and her hubby Cory Hardrict are getting into the swing of things and are over the moon about their baby boy.  She's one of our fave low-drama and actually talented chicks (rare these days) in the game.  So we def want to know how this motherhood thing is shaping up for her.

 

Check out how Tia's handling breastfeeding, sleeping and being a working mom inside...

Tia is gearing up to get back to work on the set of "The Game."  And with her reality show with twin sis Tamera airing now, she said she loves getting to see her character flaws on tv and using her time making a routine with baby Cree.

Here's a few excerpts from her new interview with Celebrity Baby Scoop:

CBS: Congratulations on the birth of Cree Taylor Hardrict! How are you and your husband Cory adjusting?

TMH: "We are adjusting, but adjusting well! He is almost 6 weeks and I've heard around the second and third month the little love button sleeps longer which is a bonus. We are having fun but it's a lot of work, and we are enjoying every minute of it!"

CBS: Being first time parents is an exciting time, but it can also be a bit stressful too. Do you have any tips for our readers on how to balance motherhood, marriage and career?

TMH: "I'm still learning. I am not gonna pretend that I have it all under control. I am terrified about going back to work sleep deprived! However, I know I can do it. I would just tell mothers to have patience and take it literally a day at a time; well more like an hour at a time. Once you know you’ve survived yesterday, you can survive the next day. I also try to not freak out about the little things which new parents often do.

On marriage, make time for one another. Don't forget about those date nights. Put on a sexy dress and some sexy high heels and have a great night and enjoy each other. Also, incorporate your husband. Get him involved and let him know how important he is with taking care of your joy."

CBS: Do you schedule couple time or date night? Do you plan to?

TMH: "We haven’t had time to schedule a date night yet, but soon! Tamera has offered to babysit so we can go out. I really want to see the final Harry Potter movie."

CBS: How is baby Cree sleeping? How do you and Cory make time for rest? Do you have any 'baby sleep tips' to share?

TMH: "He is sleeping well. Cory and I take shifts. I will do the first shift and he will often do the next shift. I am nursing so I make a bottle or two in advance so he can feed baby Cree.

As for baby sleeping tips, before bed, Cree and I have mommy time and take a bath together. After bath, I feed him then swaddle him, and he doses off to sleep. Be consistent and you will find them on a routine!"

CBS: How is breastfeeding going?

TMH: "I love it. It is the one time we can connect and just spend some quiet time together. I just fall more and more in love with him when I do so. Rubbing his hair and seeing him smile just melts my heart. He also seems most content when nursing. Maybe because he is so close to my heart."

CBS: You and your sister are so close - how has motherhood changed your relationship with Tamera? Was there an adjustment period or are you still going through it?

TMH: "Well, motherhood has definitely given me a better appreciation for what my own mom went through. I don’t know how she took care of twins! Cree is a lot of work. Tamera and I continue to be close. She has a special relationship with Cree – he would turn towards her when she talked to my belly, and it’s very cool to see them bond.

The biggest adjustment has been learning how to juggle being a mom and working on that mother-child relationship without taking away from my relationships with my sister, my husband, my parents. Cree demands a lot of my attention and I want to spend every moment with him so I am learning how to balance."

Check out the interview in full here.

"Tia & Tamera" airs Mondays at 9p ET on the Style channel.
 

 

YBF EXCLUSIVE: Inside NBA Baller Rashard Lewis' Resort Wedding!

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 01:43 PM PDT

Well how about this chic-to-pretty-damn-casual blissful wedding?!  NBA star Rashard Lewis--yeah, the same guy involved in the totally made up love triangle with LeBron James & Savannah--wed his fiancee' Giovanni Fortes last week at a resort in  California.  And TheYBF.com has the exclusive--and interesting--pics from the wedding & reception. 

 

Louis Vuitton foolery and a beautiful setting this-a-way...

34-year-old Washington Wizards baller Rashard and Giovanni have been together 11 years (there's still hope ladies!) and have 2 uber cute kiddies, Gianna and Rashard Jr.  They met while Giovanni was at college in Seattle (where she joined Zeta Phi Beta Sorority in 2001) and Rashard played for the Seattle Supersonics.

The couple wed with their kiddies in tow in front of 250 of their closest friends and fam on August 13th--all in the beautiful Terranea Resort setting in Rancho Palos Verdes.

The bride donned a gorgeous flowing ivory Vera Wang gown--with a sheer black embellished sash--while walking down the aisle to Alicia Keys' "Never Felt This Way."  And for the black-and white themed nuptials, the couple's son performed his duties as ring bearer and their daughter rocked her flower girl position.

Precious!

The wedding party and guests noshed on luxe yummies like Wild mushroom ravioli, Roasted beet salad, Pan roasted striped bass, Chianti braised short ribs, and Mango croissant bread puffing and Caramel cheesecake creme brûlée for dessert. 

And after the ceremony, things got extra relaxed.  At least one half of the bridal party did.  The groom changed into a white button down shirt and white shorts and red sneakers, while his groomsmen changed into red shorts and red Nikes.  Meanwhile, the bride changed into yet another wedding gown--this one extra sparkly:

 

Alrighty...

 

Guess you gotta let the groom have something for himself...

And the couple cut their California oranges decorated cake--which had edible text written on it documenting their story together-- to kick off the party.  Can't say they didn't add their own personal touches to their big day.

We've got tons more exclusive pics from the wedding in our photo gallery.  CHECK IT.

CONGRATS TO THE COUPLE!

RED CARPET FAB: Kelly Rowland ROCKS The UK At The "X-Factor" Press Conference

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 12:35 PM PDT

Kelly Rowland stepped out in the UK yesterday (completely covered) and walked the red carpet for the "X-Factor" press conference as hundreds of British fans cheered her and the other judges' arrivals.  See the pics inside.....

Music fans in the UK came out to the O2 Arena in London to welcome the judges of this season's "X-Factor" and our YBF chick Kelly Rowland was on deck to greet them.  And she was looking hot as usual showing off her killer bod in this black and green dress.

WORK.

In a recent interview, Kelly expressed a desire to reunite with her father whom she hasn't seen in 20 years. 

Then she posed for the paps on the red carpet looking stunning.

She posed with fellow judge Tulisa Contostavlos on the red carpet at O2 Arena's Cineworld.  

Then there was a group shot with her other UK co-workers, judges Louis Walsh, Tulisa Contostavlos and Gary Barlow.  Nice!

 

Photos via PacificCoastNews

DO WE LOVE IT: Angela Simmons Goes BIG And NATURAL

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 11:10 AM PDT

Angela Simmons recently rocked her natural fro--between extensions changes--and we have a pic of her picking out her fly 70s style afro.  See the pic inside....

No more weaves or relaxers for Angela Simmons...at least not right now.  The fab chick recently showed off what's under her weave and tweeted a pic of herself with her big sexy afro.  So........

 

DO WE LOVE IT?

 

MUSIC FAB: Lenny Kravitz's "Sunflower" Ft. Drake

Posted: 17 Aug 2011 10:27 AM PDT

 

Lenny Kravitz recently hooked up with Drake for a song called "Sunflower" off of his new Black & White In America (in stores Aug. 30album.  Hear the new track inside...

 

Lenny Kravitz hooked up with Drake recently and the result was a fun little tracked called "Sunflower" produced by Swizz Beatz. The breezy track sounds like the perfect way to end a day at the beach.  Check out this summer jam that's destined to be on people's playlists below.

 

Check out Lenny Kravitz & Drake on "Sunflower":

You feelin' it?

No comments:

Post a Comment