Sunday, August 14, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


EVENT FAB: Terrence J, Jill Scott, Letoya Luckett, Toya Wright, Steve Harvey & Others At The 9th Annual Ford Hoodie Awards

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 09:20 AM PDT

 

Last night, BET personality and actor Terrence J suffered a "wardrobe" malfunction in from of Tichina Arnold, Tisha Campbell, Steve Harvey at others at the hoodie awards in Las Vegas.  See the pics inside....

It looks like Toccara Jones got the best of Terrence J last night at the 9th annual Ford Hoodie Awards at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas, Nevada.  Sorry about the t-shirt Terrence!

 

Before the malfunction, Terrence J looked dapper as he hit the blue carpet with Will Packer.

The star of "Happily Divorced", Tichina Arnold, looked great in her printed dress.

"The Ultimate Merger" star, Toccara Jones, also looked great.

LeToya Luckett was there looking white hot....with Hill Harper in the background.


 

The awards were hosted (again) by comedian and author Steve Harvey...who showed that he is still in shape!

His wife Marjorie Harvey was there of course in a black evening gown.

Kirk Franklin attended with his wife Tammy Collins.

Tisha Campbell-Martin looked fab in her blue dress.

Tisha also posed with Marvin Sapp and she and Kirk presented an award together.

Funnyman Kevin Hart attended with his new chic.

He also posed with Shawn Lollie, Multicultural Marketing Manager at Ford.

Jill Scott performed "So In Love" with Anthony Hamilton for the event

 

 

Author Hill Harper received some "assistance" to get off stage.

Actress Tamara Tunie was there looking younger than ever.

Sheryl Underwood in this red beaded gown.  Not loving it at all...

"Authoress" Toya Carter was there.

Debbi Morgan posed with Jeffrey Winston.

Actor brothers Kyle and Chris Massey were there.

Karen Haney posed with journalist Ed Gordon.

Steve's morning show cast Shirley Strawberry posed with George Wallace.

Sommore, Nia Long's half-sister, was there too looking beautiful.  Where you been girl?!

EXTRA:

1.  Chrissy Teigen tweets about her taxi-cab accident.  Story. 

Photos via WireImage/E. Miller

 

 

PICS & VIDEO: Jay-Z, Beyonce, Swizz Beatz, & Memphis Bleek POP-UP At Watch The Throne Soho Store

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 08:18 AM PDT

The Throne has a pop-up store in Soho (open until 6p today) where Jay-Z and all his celeb friends have been making appearances since it opened Friday. 

 

We've got pics and video of the YBF folks chillin' with the now famous stripped down Maybach and chillin' in the store inside...

Yesterday, Jay-Z, Beyonce, Swizz Beatz, and Memphis Bleek all hit the Watch The Throne pop-up store in Soho at the Openhouse Gallery.  Fans can hit up the store, located at 21 Mulberry St., to cop the album, look at pics, and get an up-close glimpse of the actual striped down Maybach from the "Otis" video.

Here's pics and video of Beyonce's arrival:

 

 

I see people went nuts as Bey and cousin Angie hopped out their SUV.  Folks at the store said Beyonce was walking around mingling with everyone and dancng to her hubby's music that was playing while Jay stood around chatting with is homies.

Pics via TheLifeFiles.com

BONUS:  I guess Drake finally spoke to Nicki Mianj after he revealed on stage a little while ago that he missed her.  She gave him a lap dance last night in Toronto.  He also joined her on stage for her opening number with "Moment 4 Life."

 

 

IN TROUBLE AGAIN: "That's So Raven" Star Orlando Brown Popped For DUI

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 07:17 AM PDT

Remember when "That's So Raven" star Orlando Brown went "missing" a few years ago then turned up randomly saying he was just fine?  Well he's in trouble again.  This time for DUI.

 

Deets inside...

Not sure what's been up with Orlando these last few years after "Raven" ended.  But the Disney star decided to take a drive late last night in L.A. in a car without a license plate.

Once he was pulled over for no plates, cops realized Orlando and his car reeked of alcohol.  After performing a sobriety test, Orlando failed and was taken into custody. 

Interestingly enough, he was pulled over right in front of his house and his PREGNANT GIRLFRIEND was in the car.  Say word?

TMZ reports, "Brown was booked at 12:38 AM at the famous Hollywood station on suspicion of DUI. He posted the $15,000 bail and was released at 7:42 AM on Saturday."

Damn Eddie....

 

SHHHH! Today is HALLE BERRY's 45th Birthday!

Posted: 14 Aug 2011 06:13 AM PDT

You can't tell by looking at her, but Halle Berry turns 45-years old today!  Come inside and visit the gallery and celebrate the works and accomplishments of this truly ageless beauty.

The beginning of 2011 started off pretty rocky for Halle Berry as she went back and forth with Gabriel Aubry during a fierce custody battle, and was confronted by a stalker, but now things are on an upswing for the gorgeous actress. 

She's found love with Olivier Martinez, who gets along famously with her daughter Nahla, and she has several high profile movies in the works.

And of course her gorgeous skin and her timeless looks get better as she ages.

Go inside our gallery and celebrate 45 years of fabulousness with Halle Berry!

JUST MARRIED: Sherri Shepherd & Lamar Sally!

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 09:28 PM PDT

Even though 44-year-old Sherri Shepherd pretty much got upstaged by her "The View" co-host Joy Behar who just shockingly revealed SHE got married last Thursday, Sherri's wedding day was all the fireworks she needed Saturday night.

 

The comedienne married her fiance Lamar Sally last night in her hometown of Chicago.  Deets inside...

“Second chances really do happen, and I got mine!  I'm married now!” 

Sherri Shephered told Life & Style mag right after her nuptials Saturday night how happy she is already about her second marriage. 

The talk show co-host wore a custom Ravini wedding gown while her eight bridesmaids (including celebs Niecy Nash, Yvette Nicole Brown , Kim Whitley, & Elizabeth Hassleback) wore custom Carmen Marc Valvo dresses.   Niecy & her new husband are who originally set up Sherri with Sal.

The ceremony took place at the Fairmont Hotel in Chicago.  And she tweeted all the way up till the ceremony saying funny things like: 

"Sitting in the room in my gown waiting for Sal& groomsmen to take their pics ... can't let him see me b4 the wedding ... but I'm bored as heck....What happens when you are in your wedding dress and you have to tinkle? Uh-oh!"
 

The couple dated for a year, then became engaged this past December.  And Sherri's 6-year-old son Jeffrey gave her away.  She told People mag earlier this year:

"I want [Sally] to know that when my son walks me down the aisle, you're not only getting me, but you're getting this little boy.

He's going to give me away because it's symbolic that he's giving me away for this man to protect me and protect him."
 

Awww.  Congrats to the couple!

Sherri's wedding and days leading up to it will air on Style Network September 13th called "Wedding Fabulous: Sherri Shepherd Gets Married."
 

Pic of all the bridesmaids the night before the wedding chillin in their matching footed PJs:

 

Tami Roman COVERS "ROLLING OUT" Mag & Reveals Her Vulnerable Side

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 09:45 AM PDT

Reality tv star & "Basketball Wife" Tami Roman is gracing the cover for the latest edition of ROLLING OUT Magazine.  See the pics and highlights inside....

In the latest issue of Rolling Out Magazine, Tami Roman talks about the "total" person that the "BBW" producers don't show on tv.  She opens up about who she is "off camera" and how she wants to use her platform on reality tv to make a difference.  Then she shows her vulnerable side and talks about the many financial hardships she faced as a single mother of two girls.  See the highlights below:   

On why she joined “Basketball Wives?”

Well, I watched the first season of “Basketball Wives” and just felt like the things that I was going through weren’t really represented on the show. I had been a basketball wife, and now that I was divorced, things weren’t as golden as they portrayed on the show. I wasn’t eating out and getting manicures every day … and I wasn’t drinking all night, every night. That wasn’t my world, so for me, I felt like my individual story would be valuable.

You’re a television veteran, but were you prepared for the real-time responses and criticisms that celebrities now experience with social media?

When I did the “Real World,” we didn’t have Facebook, Twitter, or blogs, so I didn’t really know how people felt about the things that I did, [unless] they took the time to write a fan letter. So social media is very new to me, and it’s something I had to get used to because people will criticize you, judge you and lash out at you. People will feel like that can say anything to you and you’re just supposed to take it. I haven’t always done that because I’m a human being with feelings. So if you hurt me or my loved ones, I’m going to address it accordingly. I realize now that I can’t do that though, I can’t curse out every person who doesn’t like me on Twitter.

Do you feel like the producers have done a good job portraying you?

 I think that the producers have done a fantastic job of blowing out of proportion one aspect of my personality. Now I’m not going to say that it’s the editing, and I’m not going to try and blame it on anything else, because Tami will go off on you [laughs] … that is a part of my personality. Whether you like it or not, I’m going to tell you the truth because I feel like everybody should be able to deal with the truth. That way, you can know what you’re dealing with. I’ve always been a big fan of that, of honesty and loyalty. So while what you see on TV is a part of my personality, it’s not all of who I am. I think that the audience who watches “Basketball Wives” is only seeing that aspect of my personality 100 percent magnified. They don’t see me working with my charity, and they didn’t see me when I was a part of corporate America going to work in a business suit every day. And they don’t see me with my mother, or me with my dude. There’s so much about me that you don’t see because that’s not what “Basketball Wives” wants to show.

You said that you are a fan of the truth. Do you ever have problems receiving the truth if it’s not what you want to hear?

I prefer the truth, and anybody that watches “Basketball Wives” knows that is all I asked … just be truthful with me, and if you have an opinion directly about my life, say it to me. Don’t talk behind my back. So whatever you have said, I think that everybody should be woman enough to bring those opinions or concerns to the person directly. When that’s not done, that’s when I really have a problem with you.

The word on the street is that you’re about to become an author. Is that true?

Yes! I’m working on my book, and I will say that several ladies on the show have books coming out … well, all of us except Suzie [laughs]. I know with my situation in particular, everybody knows me from the “Real World” and from “Basketball Wives.” I think that there is so much more to my life that they don’t know about and that they don’t get a chance to see. So I want to really open up myself to people to give a lot of backstory to me, my family, how I was raised, and the things I’m going through or have gone through. Hopefully, someone can read my book, understand my situation, and learn how to get through something similar that they may be going through. You have always come across as a very strong woman.

Do you ever have moments where you feel weak or vulnerable?

Yes, I do all the time. There was a point in my life where we fell on hardships. After years of spending money and living through people, I woke up one day and all of that money was gone. I was at an all-time low … I had to get on food stamps, I had to go get on medical assistance, and I cried a lot. But I realized that I did it to myself by trying to live up to images, and trying to live up to public perception rather than being true to myself. I vowed from that moment on that I didn’t want my daughters to see me this way, and that I was going to do whatever it took to bring us back to the top.

So how would you use your rediscovered platform to reach, influence and positively impact the world?

Well honestly, I’d love to be doing panels, expos, and things of that nature so I can speak directly to younger girls. I feel like wisdom is the best teacher, and I have been through a lot. That’s why I’m so hopeful that my book will actually come out, because I think people will be like “well damn, you’re still here, and you’re still standing and still fighting.” So I want to be able to use “Basketball Wives” and dilute the imagery that is seen on that show by doing panels, and doing expos so people can see the other side of me. Because I’m not always yelling, and I’m not always fighting … I’m just not always that person, so I would love to be able to mentor youth and give back. That’s the impact that I want to make on society.

More pics:


 

Nice.  Read the full article over at RollingOut.com

 

 

Photos: Kawai Matthews/Hair: Joshua Brown/Makeup: Terrell Mullin/Wardrobe: Jennifer Austin

Rihanna Grabs Dinner In LA + Willow And Jaden Smith Land On Hollywood's Richest Teens List

Posted: 13 Aug 2011 09:36 AM PDT

Rihanna is back in the States and was spotted dining out in Santa Monica last night.  See Rihanna going (ostly) make-up free inside and find out what Willow and Jaden Smith did to land on Hollywood's Richest Teens list. 

Rihanna hit the streets of LA without makeup recently to grab some dinner at her fave Giorgio Baldi restaurant in Santa Monica.  She rocked her curls pulled back into a high ponytail and black nail polish and a watercolor maxi dress.

RiRi was recently in her homeland of Barbados where she performed her LOUD show.

In addition to continuing her tour, Rihanna is set the make her film debut in Battleship when it hits the big screen on May 18, 2012.

And we told you earlier about her benefit concert in Tuscaloosa, AL for their Storm Recovery Fund, and she's just received word that the concert raised a total of $89,000! 

The City of Tuscaloosa’s Liaison for Private Development, Kristen Love, said in a statement, “We are truly grateful for Rihanna and her team for this amazing contribution to the City of Tuscaloosa. This donation will certainly help the long-term recovery effort as we continue to move Tuscaloosa forward.”

 

And in other news....

I can only imagine how much allowance Will and Jada Pinkett Smith must give their kids, Willow and Jaden, now that the two have landed on PEOPLE's 'Richest Teens' list.  

So how much did they make last year?  Well.....for starters, Jaden pulled in $5 million in 2010 and $3 million of that was from his international blockbuster film Karate Kid

Meanwhile Willow's "Whip My Hair" raked in $4 million.  WORK.

Find out more and see their photo galleries over at Essence.

 

Photos via PacificCoastNews

 

No comments:

Post a Comment