Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


SPOTTED: Kevin Hart+President Obama Finish Up Their Christmas Shopping

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 08:10 AM PST

Celebs (and even our President) are getting in their last minute Christmas shopping.  Kevin Hart was spotted out with his girlfriend in Beverly Hills getting in some Chanel gifts.  And President Obama copped Sasha, Malia, and Bo a few gifts too.

 

Pics inside...

Kevin Hart and his fab girlfriend made their rounds in Beverly Hills yesterday.  The comedian and actor--who has had an amazing year in 2011--was spotted carrying every girl's fave black & white bag.  The couple hit up Chanel and a few other stores and looked happy to see the paps.

By the way, Kevin is starring in a new movie called "Exit Strategy."  It also stars Big Boy from Power 106 & Q Deezy of Philly's Hot 107.9.

Check it.

 

And over in Alexandria, VA yesterday--just minutes from the White House--President Obama took a little break from saving the world to cop a few Christmas presents for Sasha, Malia, and First Dog Bo.

He was spotted at PetSmart where Bo played with a few other doggies.  And got some treats and toys from dad.  The Prez even cracked a few jokes.

"While at the store, People.com reports, Bo encountered a small brown standard poodle named Cinnamon, prompting the President to say, 'Okay, Bo, don't get too personal here'."

The Commander-In-Chief then went next door to Best Buy to cop the Just Dance 3 game that is on Sasha and Malia's Christmas lists. 

"The girls beat me every time on these dance games," Obama confessed. "You'll never get a picture of me [playing] because I get graded 'F' every time."

Sweet!

And then he was spotted grabbing some food at the nearby Del Ray Pizzeria:

Fab times!

Pics: SPLASH/Reuters/

Robin Thicke Says Loving The SAME BLACK WOMAN For 18 Years Separates His Music From Chris Brown & Drake

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 06:27 AM PST

During a revealing chat with ESSENCE.com, Robin Thicke credits loving "the same black woman for over 18 years" as the driving force behind his hits. He also offered up his perspective on Black women dating White men.  See the highlights inside and see his wife Paula Patton stop by "106 & Park."

Robin Thicke chatted with ESSENCE.com recently where he credited loving the same woman for 18 years as what makes his music so different from his peers.  That woman, of course, is fab actress Paula Patton (who wore a multi-colored patchwork Emilio Pucci Spring 2012 embellished dress and purple Christian Louboutin ‘Bambou’ suede pumps when they posed above at the Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol premiere.)

And while discussing interracial dating, he says he's never dated a white woman (even though his wife is bi-racial).  He says since both he and Paula have estranged relationships with one of their parents, they fill the void for each other.  And he encouraged Black women to date whomever they want.....but give Black men a chance!  See the highlights:

ESSENCE.com: Being that your music defines romance, how does it feel to know that people are getting married and making babies to your music all the time?


ROBIN THICKE: To be a part of your biggest days -- you know your child being conceived or born, or you walking down the aisle -- there’s really nothing sweeter. That’s the truth.

It’s actually the best thing. It’s nice if you can make someone drop it like it’s hot, or pop a bottle. But we’re always dropping it and popping it. What I realize about the difference between me and my peers -- you know, Chris Brown and Drizzy Drake and all my musical peers -- is that they haven’t been with the same woman for 18 years and I’ve been with a Black woman for 18 years. I’ve never dated a White woman. Don’t want to. I’ve never been on a date with a White woman. When you have that relationship and that means the most to you -- you know I can’t live without that woman, she is my muse, my best friend, and my creative partner. I didn’t have a great relationship with my mom and she didn’t have a great relationship with her dad and we became that for each other. She’s my mama and I’m her daddy. I even call her mama and she calls me daddy. We are that to each other.

ESSENCE: What is Paula’s sexiest quality?
THICKE: It’s her intelligence and her strength. I’ve never met a stronger person who stands by their will and their moral values. She is such an amazing human being. Ever since I met her and we were 16 years old and she was the president of the Black student union and I was just a silly White boy who didn’t understand or have compassion.

ESSENCE: The media often tells Black women that they’re better off dating White guys. What’s your response to that?
THICKE: I think that’s ridiculous. There are so many good Black men out there that are hardworking, decent, and handsome, you know? To start that rumor is as bad as starting any other negative rumor. There are great Black men out there. There are only a few good White men -- trust me. (Laughs) Good luck finding a good White man who understands your journey. I only have three White friends. I’ve got 20 Black male friends, who are all good men who take good care of their wives, and good care of their children. I know amazing Black men. Maybe the women have to take better care of their men. Maybe you’re being too stubborn. Maybe you’re not saying you’re sorry. You have to take good care of him, too. You have to give love to get love. 

Read more over at ESSENCE.com.

 

And speaking of Paula......

The gorgeous actress stopped by "106 & Park" this week to promote her new flick Mission Impossible: Ghost Protocol.

She looked hot in a gold Moschino dress from the Spring 2012 collection and Giuseppe Zanotti sandals. Nice!

 

 

BONUS: Since we mentioned Drake, watch his new "The Motto" video featuring Lil' Wayne and Tyga below:

PICS: Beyonce Gets CATTY While Shopping In Soho

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 06:21 AM PST

Beyonce let her wild side show a bit last night as she did a bit of late night shopping in Soho.  Pics inside of the animal print loving mom-to-be...

With her Hermes and baby bump in tow, Beyonce Knowles showed her love for the wild cats and rocked some cute flesh colored animal print leggings, red claw-like nails, and heeled loafers for her shopping trip.  She stopped at Curve in the shopping district of Manhattan:

She doesn't look all that pleased about seeing the paps.  But she's looking cute in her third trimester nonetheless.

The 30-year-old JONES magazine cover girl also revealed in the latest Winter 2011 issue the type of mom she will be

‘I believe that parents prepare their kids for the moment that they’re on their own: at this point, I am taking everything my dad and my mother have taught me, and I’m able to do things my way.’

Cute.
 

Pics via SPLASH News

"SPARKLE" It Up! Happy 22nd Birthday Jordin Sparks!

Posted: 22 Dec 2011 05:18 AM PST


She's an American Idol and talented actress and is proving she has that SPARK-le.  Celebrate Jordin Spark's 22nd birthday inside.....

 

Jordin first burst onto the scene as a super talented teen whose powerhouse vocals could work an audience.  And as our "American Idol" she let teens know you're never too young to follow your dreams.  And never too old to stay a virgin.

And with great record sales, a slimmer frame and a leading role in the upcoming film Sparkle, Jordin is sure to spend her 22nd year at the forefront of the entertainment industry. And we love watching!

Celebrate with Jordin in the gallery......

Nicole Murphy ACCUSES Man Of Stealing $7M From Her! + Ashanti In The Studio With Jerry Wonder And Busta Rhymes

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 02:37 PM PST

Nicole Murphy is accusing an "entertainment entrepreneur" with stealing $7M from her. Get the deets on the lawsuit inside and, we told you earlier about Ashanti's latest single, "The Woman You Love," watch the footage of the singer in the studio with Busta Rhymes and Jerry Wonder inside.....

A federal indictment has been filed in Sacramento, CA in which Nicole Murphy accuses a man with stealing $7M from her.   

Troy David Stratos was arrested on Tuesday and faces 14 charges of fraud, money laundering and obstructing justice.

So how did he get Nicole for all her paper?

After the money from the divorce from Eddie came rolling in, Troy convinced her to invest the proceeds of her divorce overseas, where they would earn a high rate of return. She put $11M into a revocable trust..... but Troy never invested the money.  He opened a bank account in Florida...for himself...and put the money there.  And whenever they were together, he would pay Nicole's expenses with her own money!

On top of that, he convinced her that her could sell her home in the wealthy Sacramento suburb of Granite Bay, and that she should lease her Rolls-Royce and BMW to make the property more attractive; adding the vehicles would then be sold as a package deal with the home.   However, Troy moved into the mansion behind Nicole's back and was driving her cars!  SMH.

And if that wasn't enough, he had her refinance several of her homes to get more cash. 

As for now, Troy is in jail pending a bail hearing on Wednesday.  Waaaay too much fraud going on these days.  Reason #4590 why poserifness needs to DIE.

 

 

 

And in music..... 

 

While hard at work on her 5th studio album, due on her own Written Entertainment label, Ashanti has released an exclusive behind the scenes look at she, Busta and Jerry in the studio working on her new single "The Woman You Love."

Watch the video here:

 

Floyd Mayweather Jr. Sentenced To SIX MONTHS (Will Only Serve 3 Months) For "BOXING" His Baby Momma During Assault

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 01:12 PM PST

Floyd Mayweather Jr. finally went before a judge to address the 2010 assault case filed against him by his baby momma.  Find out how much jail time Floyd will have to serve for striking his ex in front of their kids inside....

We told you earlier that Floyd Mayweather Jr.'s ex-girlfriend/baby momma had accused him of striking her "multiple times in the head with his fist" back in 2010.  The case finally went to trail and the judge slammed Floyd with 6 months in jail.

But TMZ reports Floyd (shown above waiting for sentencing in Clark County District Court) will only end up doing 90 days, as 3 months of that sentence was suspended. He will also get 3 days credit for time he has already served.

Floyd's sentence got reduced because he struck a plea deal with prosecutors and pled guilty to misdemeanor domestic violence.  He also pled no contest to two misdemeanor harassment charges because he allegedly threatened to beat his kids during the 2010 incident.  Goodness.

He was also ordered to complete 100 hours of community service, a 12-month domestic violence program and fined $2,500.  

Floyd must surrender himself by January 6 to begin serving his sentence.  This ish is cray.

Guess Which Rappers Flex Their Vocab Skills On WORDS WITH FRIENDS + Samuel Jackson TWEETS His XXX Birthday Goodies

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 12:37 PM PST

Both Big Boi and Fabolous are known for their creative word play in their songs, and now they've revealed that they have taken that word play viral with the addictive iPhone app Words With Friends. Hear what the rappers had to say about their new obsession inside and see what XXX goodies Samuel Jackson got for his birthday....

When you think of hip hop or gangsta rap, you don't imagine UGK, Jim Jones or Ice Cube getting together for games of Scrabble....yet it makes perfect sense. Rappers make their money off creating cool combinations of word play a la Jay-Z in Decoded.  And in the latest issue of "GQ" magazine, rappers Big Boi and Fabolous reveal their obsession with Words With Friends, a popular iPhone app. See them discuss strategy and making money off the game inside....


GQ: Were you big scrabble players as kids?
Big Boi: I ain't never played Scrabble. Ever.
Fabolous: I actually got put on to it by one of my engineers who used to play. He brought [Scrabble] to the studio and he would consistently bust my ass. I think from there, I got a start in it. But I never really played it either growing up.

GQ: Did you ever play the similar Scrabble-type game Scrabulous on Facebook?
Big Boi: [Pause] Yeah, I don't really do that Facebook like that.
Fabolous: I never played that either. I don't got a Facebook.

GQ: Right. My bad. So when did you get into Words With Friends?
Big Boi: I started playing 'cause my wife was on it. Her and her friends, they were playing the game on the phone all the time. I was like, "What the fuck is this?" They said, "Just start playing, you'll get into it." So then we started playing for a $100 a game. When we started she'd kick my ass. She can't beat me no more.
Fabolous: I think I just started from that same engineer who brought it into my studio. Then it advanced to the phone, and he started having it on his phone, and we could play each other on the phones. His name is Scribble, actually.

GQ: Do you have a default strategy?
Fabolous: I definitely play it defensively. When you first start playing you start playing with an offensive mindset, just trying to make words. And as you learn how to play, you get better. It becomes clear that you wanna play on defense, to let other people not get words, and not get the spaces that get you points.
Big Boi: I'm a little strategic but it's different each game. It's whatever strategy for me to get my championship belt.

GQ: When you get jammed up with bad letters, do you swap out letters?
Big Boi: I swap it out. I swap my shit out.
Fabolous: I swap it out sometimes. Sometimes. Depending on how close the score is, I might not swap out. I might just try to hold steady. But if you can't make a word, definitely, swap out the letters.

GQ: Who have been some of your fiercest competitors?
Big Boi: Me, I think I play a lot of professors and schoolteachers. And sometimes they be using the cheat app, too.
Fabolous: Yeah, that's the only thing. I lost a little love for it because of that. I only do a small circle of friends now, friends who don't cheat. I used to grab names off of Twitter. If I'm bored or whatever, I'd get people on Twitter. Now, I didn't even know about the cheat apps. I knew that a few people I used to whip they ass all the time, they got a little better. I didn't know why! I thought they just got better over time. Certain people even came up to me and said 'Yo, I got better. Let me play you.' The cheat apps spoiled it.
Big Boi: Fab, I knew you were 100! I could tell.
Fabolous: It ain't really no fun, if you gonna cheat.
Big Boi: What's the whole purpose of doing that shit? You don't know your real skill level. You beat me? Nah, motherfucka, the computer beat me.
Fabolous: I play with Angie Martinez, the radio personality in New York. She's pretty good. And she doesn't cheat.

GQ: Do you have a favorite word that you've played?
Big Boi: I think I played 'zooms' for like a 107.
Fabolous: If I get over a 100, I tweet the screen shot. But I had an issue where I did that before. I put it on Twitter because I'm thinking that I wanna shit on somebody and show the whole world what I did, but they seen my [WWF user name] and I got so many friend requests that it ended up freezing my account. I can't even put my name out there.

GQ: Do you think that the fact that you guys are rappers, and therefore are uniquely proficient in wordplay, makes you better at the game?
Big Boi: I think it's true, but it's not all of it. There are plenty of people I play that ain't savvy rappers such as ourselves.
Fabolous: I really didn't even know that this many people played. I can't believe we even doing this interview.
Big Boi: I mean, the dude Alec Baldwin got kicked off the plane for playing Words With Friends. He wouldn't turn off his phone!
Fabolous: [animatedly] That's what dude did?! I heard he got kicked off the plane but I ain't hear for what. That's crazy.

Unprovoked, Fabolous starts rattling off a few suggestions for the game.
Fabolous: One thing they gotta fix is that if someone be taking days to make they move, you should be able to resign motherfuckers. Like, they be taking days to make a move.
Big Boi: Yeah.
Fabolous: And the other thing is that the kid in the studio, when we was playing in the board game, like, you can't just be trying shit. Like, just plugging in words and letters. I think you should get like three, four tries and that's it.

GQ; Have you guys ever played each other?
Fabolous: Nah, but we got to now. Yo, Big, what's your handle?
Big Boi: [Hilarious, redacted name]. What's yours?
Fabolous: [Hilarious, redacted name].
Big Boi: Let's do it then.

 

*Searching for their name on my Words With Friends app as we speak*

 

And in foolywang news.....

 

Today is Samuel Jackson's 62nd birthday...and look what he tweeted!

SMH.......speechless!  Bet it came from his wife LaTanya too.  At least we hope it did...

GROVE ELVES: Tracee Ellis Ross, Ziggy Marley, Dania Ramirez, & Isaiah Mustafa Get In Their Last Minute Shopping

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 11:58 AM PST

Tracee Ellis Ross, Ziggy Marley, and more all hit The Grove yesterday to get in their last minute Holiday shopping.  We've got pics of the fab folks inside....

 

"Reed Between The Lines" actress Tracee was looking naturally fab for her shopping day out yesterday.  She rocked her wide leg jeans and Balenciaga bag as she hit up The Gap.

 

Actor Isaiah Mustafa took his daughter to American Girl at the Grove.  Early Christmas present for the kiddie.

And speaking of daddy-and-me shopping, Ziggy Marley was spotted out at the Grove yesterday too:

He's such a hands-on dad.  Loves it.

And Kelis' bestie, "Entourage" actress Dania Ramirez, was spotted looking cute while getting in her last minute shopping too. 

Who else is still racking their brains for the perfect gifts??  You got 3 more shopping days left.  Get on it!

FANCY: Diddy's EXTENDED "Luck Be A Lady" Commercial

Posted: 21 Dec 2011 10:11 AM PST

Diddy and the "new" Rat Pack which includes Jessica White, Idris Elba and Eva Marcille are back with an extended clip of their fabulous "Luck Be A Lady" ad.  Watch it inside.....

Shot in Las Vegas and set to the tune of Frank Sinatra's "Luck Be A Lady," Diddy has released an extended 3 minute clip of his Anthony Mandler-directed Ciroc ad.

Watch Jessica White, Eva Marcille, Christine Teigen, Chad Michael Murray, Aaron Paul, Lisa Seiffert, Michael K. Williams, Jesse Williams and Dania Ramirez in all their extended glory here:

About the Sinatra inspiration for the ad, Diddy told AdWeek today:

The spot that put Ciroc on the map was the first partnership we did with the Sinatra estate four years ago. I did a huge out-of-the-box buy on CNN, and I knew there would be a lot of traffic because Obama was running for president. And sales went through the roof. It was one of the most impactful ad campaigns in the spirit’s history. Also, for years, people have called me the black Sinatra. So that’s where the whole collaboration came from.

His next venture?  He says he's been in Mexico "studying" tequila. 

No comments:

Post a Comment