Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Dianna Agron covers Nylon with a Twiggy tribute: does she pull it off?

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 09:09 AM PST

Dianna Agron of “Glee” covers the January issue of Nylon magazine with a Twiggy motif. While this sort of look has already been done by many a starlet in countless magazine shoots, Dianna wears it amazingly well even though she may have hit the self-tanning lotion a bit too heavily to play the pale waif role, but it’s a welcome departure from her “amusingly cruel and jaggedly sweet recovering cheerleader Quinn Fabray” character on television. She spoke with the magazine about what will likely be her last year on “Glee,” which makes sense because her character is graduating, and Dianna will probably soon be past the point (at age 26) of playing a high school girl. She seems to have a good attitude about it:

On Her Glee Alter Ego: “Especially in the beginning, [the media] really wanted us to be like our characters, to simplify things… I was playing a well put-together popular character, and they were trying to push me into it, like that had been my entire life. And the whole time, my teenage self was crying at that.”

On Her Actual High School Persona: “We watched Practical Magic and all of those movies, like The Craft. My friend’s mom had all these Stevie Nicks outfits, and we’d gypsy dance in her living room and have seances. We’d mix all these things from the refrigerator together and we’d look at it and be like, ‘This means you’re going to find true love when you’re 18 years old’.”

On Quinn Fabray’s Future: “Essentially, I’m a senior, so, I’ll probably graduate this year.”

On her Glee audition: “They were going to scrap the character but Robert [Ulrich, the casting director] asked for one more chance. I went in and read, and they called me back two days later, and he told me to come back and straighten my hair, and wear something sexy. I was like, ‘First of all, what is…sexy?’…I went to like, a CVS, and bought a straightener and straightened it at Starbucks.”

On Her New Website, You and Me and Charlie: “It’s mainly arts-based, but it’s also a forum for people to love and support each other. I realized that just by posting something, I can really influence someone’s day.”

[From Nylon]

With any luck, Dianna will get some more movie work after she’s finished with “Glee” although her IMDb profile reveals nothing as of yet. I think that a string of duds — Burlesque, I Am Number Four, and The Romantics — have somewhat hurt her chances for future films, which is a shame because she seems far more likeable (and low-key) than her co-star, Lea Michele. Other than acting, Dianna is set to launch her new website — You, Me, and Charlie — next week, which has already has Facebook page and is described as a collective artistic site. In other words, it’ll hopefully be less like GOOP and more like HitRECord, which is always a good thing.

Photos courtesy of Nylon and the Fashion Spot

agronnylon1 agronnylon5 agronnylon6 agronnylon7 agronnylon8 agronnylon9 agronnylon12

Kim Richards is in rehab; Taylor’s daughter was there when she found Russell dead

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 09:03 AM PST


I feel guilty when I don’t keep up with shows I used to watch. So that’s a preface for the fact that I haven’t been watching RHOBH all the way through this season and have missed the past couple of episodes. After Russell Armstrong killed himself I got all morally outraged and vowed not to watch it anymore, but of course I gossip for a living so my standards are pretty low and I couldn’t stay away. The show did lose some of its luster this season though, and it took on a kind of scary edge. The women seemed more sad, wasteful and petty to me and the catfights that used to be fun got mean and uncomfortable.

There’s some news today about Kim Richards, Paris Hilton’s aunt, and Kyle’s very slurry, loopy sister. She’s in rehab again and finally. Kim has seemed out of it this entire season and I’ve often wondered why producers even let her drive. Here’s a clip from The Soup where she seems especially gone. (And here’s a link to another clip where she mumbles and admits that she’s been using air freshener in her mouth for a week.)

A few weeks ago on the show, Kim admitted to Adrienne’s plastic surgeon husband Paul that she was on Topamax, Lexapro and Trazodone, all prescribed to her by doctors. Whatever she was on she was obviously pretty far gone most of the time. She’s checked into inpatient rehab for the second time. Kim did attend a week’s worth of rehab last year after her drunken disastrous fight with Kyle on the first season’s closer, but checked herself out before completing treatment.

On last night’s episode Taylor freaked out at Camille for confronting Taylor about her (now deceased, but still living at the time that was filmed) husband’s abuse. Taylor was screaming and crying at Camille for talking about it on the show and potentially putting her at her daughter in danger. It all went down at a party thrown by Brandi. It sounds like a formulaic rehash of last season’s big fight: throw a bunch of Housewives and their friends together at a party, get them wasted and have them pick fights with each other. It’s like the producers are prodding them but the emotions are real. Both The Daily Mail and E! have recaps if you’re interested.

Taylor told Andy Cohen on “Watch What Happens Live” about how she discovered her husband’s body after he committed suicide in August. (You can watch a clip on Gawker.) She admitted that her five year old daughter was there with her with then found him. It really made me uncomfortable to see her explain that, and to recount what her daughter said when they found the body, “Did daddy do something dumb?” It just seems like Taylor had no right to violate her daughter’s privacy like that. Just because the girl is five doesn’t mean that Taylor gets to tell the world intimate details about her. Taylor also has a memoir coming out in February called Hiding from Reality.

Here’s a preview of the show.

These photos are from 5-18-11. Isn’t Kim’s boyfriend a winner? Credit: Juan Rico/Fame

Robert Downey Jr.: Susan’s pregnancy “has been tougher on me”

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 08:50 AM PST

At the end of August, Robert Downey Jr. and his wife Susan confirmed that they're expecting their first child together. RDJ is already a father to an 18-year-old son named Indio (who he is reportedly very close to). Not only will this be Susan and Robert's first kid together, but it will be his first time to experience fatherhood from the beginning while sober. I'm really looking forward to hearing about it, basically. Robert can describe anything to sound like a Kerouacian adventure, and it will be a hoot to hear him describe the birth and the day-to-day dealings of a newborn. For now, though, we get to hear Robert describe how his wife's pregnancy is super-hard on HIM. Oh, and they're having a boy!

Robert Downey Jr. and his wife Susan Levin are expecting a boy! The 46-year-old actor spilled the beans Monday night on the Tonight Show with Jay Leno. “I am not permitted to discuss it,” he quipped. “I can’t say a word… We’re having a boy!”

The Iron Man star, who told Leno his baby-to-be is due in “late February,” is also dad to an 18-year-old son named Indio with his first wife Deborah Falconer.

“I don’t wanna be presumptuous,” he joked. “But I think actually [the pregnancy] has been tougher on me [than Susan!]… Just the hormones on and the mood stuff and the nausea and the whole thing.”

“I gotta be careful,” he added playfully. “I am gonna have to see my wife some time after doing this segment with you, and I think I’m already in trouble.”

The actor, who kicked his drug and alcohol addiction over six years ago. told Leno he plans to be a very involved dad.

He also appears to be a pretty good husband. Last month, the Sherlock Holmes: A Game of Shadows star took his pregnant wife on a romantic Hawaiian getaway.

So will he continue help his wife when the baby’s born, even when it comes to changing dirty diapers? “That’s just poop,” he told E! News in October. “That’s no big deal.”

[From Us Weekly]

Robert Downey III? God, I hope not. I hope they give the kid his own unique name. I really was hoping that Robert would have a daughter, though. I just think he would be great with a little girl, and she might… I don't know, calm him down a bit. But I'm sure a boy will do the same. Robert and Susan are one of my favorite Hollywood couples, so I hope they continue to do really well together.

God, I'm so looking forward to Sherlock Holmes: Game of Shadows.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3558934 wenn3558785 wenn3558927 wenn3558912

Angelina Jolie & Brad disagree about the death penalty: “It’s a fun debate”

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 08:23 AM PST

These are some photos of Angelina Jolie yesterday in NYC. I really like this brown dress on her, honestly. I think this would have been a much better premiere look than the black sack separates that she ended up wearing. Angelina's style strengths are 1) Coats and 2) Business attire. She does pretty well for herself if she's just choosing suits and business-like dresses. I'm also including some photos from the premiere too, because I just can't get over how hot Brad looks and how much he wants the Oscar this year.

Anyway, there's still a ton of Jolie news to cover, because that's what's happening this week – All Jolie, All Week. This is how she promotes films nowadays. Yesterday, we had a preview of Jolie's ABC News interview with Christiane Amanpour, and now ABC has released the full interview:

video platformvideo managementvideo solutionsvideo player

Why she wrote the script: “I was thinking and meditating on these international themes of violence against women, lack of intervention, and how human beings are changed and warped by war, and how some people come out stronger and some people are truly broken,” Jolie told “This Week” anchor Christiane Amanpour, who covered the Bosnian conflict in the 1990′s. “There’s no safe way to tackle these subject matters, but I think the important thing is to discuss them and tackle them. This is our generation’s war. … this was, you know, the worst genocide since World War II in Europe,” she said. “It was– ‘what were we all doing?’ And ‘did we do enough’ and ‘why do we not speak about this enough’ and ‘why I don’t know enough about this?’ And so I wanted to learn. I felt a responsibility to learn.”

How it felt to be behind the camera: The actress said it felt “bizarre” to play the role of the writer and the director, but added that it was “great not to be in front of the camera.” Jolie said “writing is the hardest because it feels the most exposed. When you’re an actress, you use somebody else’s words and you can always blame the director and the director can say the editor,” she said. “But the writer is the one that kind of sits alone in the room and writes what they think is important, funny, historical, topical.”

She doesn't think the film will be a hit: “We did it because we felt this is a war that isn’t talked about enough,” Jolie said. “I know it’s a hard film to sit through, but it’s two hours to sit through something that’s very hard, and these people lived through it for many, many years, and it was many, many times worse than any reenactment could possibly be. And I feel like it’s a gift and a duty to sit through two hours of what they lived through.”

On home-schooling the kids: “I’m being very careful with their schooling, we’re home-schooling especially when it comes to history, to make sure it’s not one country’s point of view of their country,” Jolie said. “Because it has to be very balanced and they have to learn about their country so they can form their own conclusions.”

On adoptions: “I look at them and think what their birth parents must have gone through, what their birth grandparents would have done through, and so I feel connected to it,” Jolie said. “It’s a gift when you adopt a child from another country. This whole country enters your home.”

She and Brad disagree about the death penalty: “I won’t say whose side anyone is on, but it’s the one, the thing nobody brings up at dinner because nobody wants us to go off on each other,” she said. “But it’s fun. It’s a fun debate, you know? It’s a good– you want to be able to have — to respect each other’s views and to not be exactly– we’re not identical. We have– we have strong views.”

The future: “I don’t feel needed in a position of being an actor. I feel like I’m needed at home as a mom, and I’m hoping that I’ll find other things,” Jolie said. “I’d love to be able to write or direct or work on and produce more projects about issues dealing with situations that I feel passionate about.”

[From ABC News]

Oooh, she and Brad disagree about the death penalty? I'm guessing that Brad is against the death penalty and Angelina is for it. And I would LOVE to see them fight about it.

One last thing – Patricia Cornwell just confirmed in a new interview that Angelina is still attached to play Kay Scarpetta. Cornwell said, "We're still in the early stages of production. She's attached to the project but all the other pieces need to fit together to make sure everyone's happy with it – but it's looking hopeful that everything will fall into place soon."

Photos courtesy of Fame.
FP_8246024_Jolie_Angelina_AAR_00_08 FP_8246026_Jolie_Angelina_AAR_02_08 FP_8246028_Jolie_Angelina_AAR_04_08 FP_8248665_JolieAngelina_BloodHoney_AAR_11_41 FP_8250527_Jolie_IntheLandofBloodHoney_NYC_19_22 FP_8246030_Jolie_Angelina_AAR_06_08

Katherine Heigl: “I’m just that a–hole who really wants everyone to like me”

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 07:48 AM PST

Katherine Heigl covers the January issue of Elle Magazine, and I had to laugh at the cover line that Elle chose: "They wanted me to be America's Sweetheart… and then I opened my mouth." Yep. That about sums it up. She went from being the Next Big Rom-Com Actress to being "that ungrateful diva who bitches and moans about everyone and everything." Do Hollywood types even want to work with her anymore? Well, she's in New Year's Eve, obviously, and she's got the Stephanie Plum movie coming out. I think Hollywood is waiting to see if Heigl can deliver again in a starring role in One For the Money. Anyhoodle, here are some highlights from the print interview:

On chemical happiness: "I take a stress relief formula from Whole Foods. I call them my happy pills. Yeah, it helps me. In fact, I should've taken one today. I've done it to myself. I've created a chaotic life, and then I get on edge because of it… maybe I should take Xanax. My mother is so against pharaceuticals. Because of her wariness, it's left wariness in me. Because, seriously, I have friends who'll be like, 'Oh, you have a Vicodin? Can I pop one?' And I'm like, 'What? You can't just pop stuff like that! You need to talk to your doctor. What are you thinking?'"

Seth Rogen on Heigl: "I gotta say, it's not like we're the only people she said some bat-sh-t crazy things about. That's kind of her bag now."

The aftermath of Heigl's bitching and moaning: Her longtime publicist told her to start thinking about interviews as other acting roles. A speechwriter was brought in to craft answers to questions she might be asked. She did chipper interviews, the aftermath of which was, she says, "months and months of self-hatred… I was trying to stop the snowball from gaining speed."

Wanting to be liked again: "I think it's a female thing. I'm just that a–hole who really wants everyone to like me and it's a ridiculous goal and it's an impossible goal. But I think if keep pushing forward and showing myself through and through, they will see me again for what I really am and not what has been sort of spun about me."

Heigl's publicist fired her: "I've never really been America's sweetheart, but for a minute I think that's what they wanted me to be. And I had 'em for a second thinking maybe I was. And then I opened my mouth and it was clear I wasn't. There's so much of my mother's caustic, sarcastic, irreverent take on things. But I also love and embrace it." She's still not sorry for anything she said – it's her truth – but she is sorry she made the mistake of saying it aloud. "I look at some of what I had to say, and I'm like, Oh my God, I would tell myself to shut up too."

On her electronic cigarettes: "I love it. I know I'm supposed to say I hate it, but I love it."

[From Elle Magazine, print edition]

There's more in there from Heigl's BFF, her momager, and how Heigl is the woman today because of Nancy's influence, for better or for worse. I have to admit, this interview cracked me up. I tend to think Heigl is really and truly a massive bitch, and I say that in both the best and worst ways. She speaks her mind, she's a diva, she's nasty to coworkers, she's unprofessional, she knows her own mind and she has her own opinions. She's a mixed bag of extremes, and it's amusing to see Heigl struggle with self-awareness about just what kind of woman she is. I think this quote sums it up beautifully: "I'm just that a–hole who really wants everyone to like me." Perfect.

Elle Magazine photos courtesy of The Fashion Spot/World Mags.
heigl1 heigl3 heigl4

Lindsay Lohan visits Ken Paves’s salon, denies signing onto ‘Celebrity Big Brother’

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 06:46 AM PST

These are some new photos of Lindsay Lohan leaving Ken Paves' salon last night, where she was getting her blonde "hair" worked on. We actually haven't had new photos of Linnocent in a while, although she's been photographed a few times in the past month. I think she's trying to keep a lower profile for the moment. I actually have a theory that LL has gotten some "work" done on her face over the past month as a precursory to the media blitz for her Playboy cover shoot. Once the issue of Playboy comes out, I suspect we'll be seeing more "candid" photos of LL and her new face. I can see in these photos that she's still maintaining her comically oversized crack lips, and that her nose looks "refreshed".

By the way, LL usually doesn't go to Ken Paves – he's not her regular hair guy. I guess since she had all of that Playboy money burning a hole in her pocket, she decided to splurge on a new crack weave. Paves is best known for his friendship and professional association with Jessica Simpson, but Jessica and Ken had a falling out last year, and since then, Ken has been in the market for a new muse. He might have found one with Eva Longoria, but I'm sure he'd like another blonde too.

Also – that British report that LL was "close to signing" a deal with the UK's Celebrity Big Brother show was false, just as I assumed. LL's rep told E! News, "Lindsay is not doing Big Brother.” I'm telling you, even if the court let her leave the country, LL is a clever enough crackhead to know that she shouldn't be filmed 24-7.

Photos courtesy of Fame.
FP_8250057_Lohan_Lindsay_FP10_00_05 LL2 FP_8250058_Lohan_Lindsay_FP10_01_05 FP_8250181_Lohan_Lindsay_FP10_04_05 LL1

Fergie in Monique Lhuillier at the ‘NYE’ premiere: busted, jacked or lovely?

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 06:08 AM PST

Okay, more photos from the New Year's Eve premiere in LA last night. I already covered Lea Michele and Ashton acting all touchy-feely here, and CB is going to do a post about Katherine Heigl's hair trauma. I was going to start this "fashion extras" post with Sofia Vergara, because I love her, but her dress was super-boring. Let's start with Fergie and Josh Duhamel. I can't even with these two – he seems so sleazy to me nowadays, and Fergie is just… I feel bad for her. I think she's a messed up person who keeps messing with her face because she's in a bad marriage. I think these photos of Fergie and Josh are a portrait of a sketchy marriage. Fergie is wearing Monique Lhuillier, and I think it looks cheap. It doesn't fit right in the bust, either.

Here's Ludacris and his date. Um, his date's ass is AMAZING. And Luda looks good too.

Sofia Vergara's dress is so cheap-looking! She's got that beautiful face and gorgeous figure, but sometimes her style choices are rough. Also, I'd like to see her without the extensions – or if that's her real hair, maybe take two or three inches off.

And finally, Hilary Swank in Elie Saab. Facially, I don't even see a difference between Hilary and Justin Bieber at this point, except that his face is more feminine. The dress is cute, but really, I'm totally over Hilary. Meh.

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.
wenn3643996 wenn3643613 wenn3644433 FP_8249349_RIJ_NEW_YEAR_EVE_117_164 wenn3644459 wenn3643844 wenn3644160 wenn3644294

Lea Michele & Ashton Kutcher got extra-friendly on the ‘New Year’s Eve’ red carpet

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 05:36 AM PST

In addition to Angelina Jolie's big premiere in NYC, last night was also the big LA premiere of New Year's Eve. It's weird to me that they did the first premiere in LA, considering the whole film is set in New York City. Don't you think they would have wanted to capitalize on being one of the few big studio films that actually gets shot in New York? Anyway, the most photographed people on the red carpet were definitely Lea Michele and Ashton Kutcher. Lea always makes sure she over-stays her welcome on red carpet by doing her "extreme posing" but last night was special. Last night, Lea got to walk the carpet with Ashton. Ashton is obviously fresh from his split with Demi, and he wasn't wearing a ring or a red Kabbalah string (take that, Demi!). He took his time posing with Lea (his love interest in the film), and he made sure to loosen her up for the cameras. He even got a chance to look down her dress.

Speaking of Lea's dress – it's Valentino Resort 2012. It feels familiar, right? Probably because this is Lea's default style setting – finding a sparkly gown in a neutral color. She just wore a very similar gown a month ago to the Glamour Magazine Awards. The gown is very pretty on her, and I like that she wore her hair down and she seemed generally "looser"… but I'd still like to see her mix it up.

Who knew that if you put two people – that I almost always dislike – together on a red carpet, acting cutesy, that they might actually cancel each other out? I don't actively hate Ashton in these photos. Weird. Maybe that's because I would LOVE to see Ashton and Lea date each other? That would be such a fun train wreck. He couldn't handle her drama, and she couldn’t handle his ‘tude. It would be hilarious.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3643862 wenn3643610 wenn3643619 wenn3643999 wenn3643977 wenn3644119

Angelina Jolie in black sack separates for ‘Blood and Honey’: lovely or boring?

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 05:10 AM PST

Jesus, how great does BRAD look? That was my first thought when going through these photos of Angelina's big NYC premiere of In the Land of Blood and Honey. Brad isn't wearing a g–damn pair of sunglasses, nor is hiding behind some gross beard. He's relatively well-groomed (for him), he's wearing a nice suit, his hair is sexy length, and he looks clean. He must really, really want an Oscar, right?

As for Angelina… it was her night, and she looked… okay. I was going to make a big deal about her sack dress, but she's wearing sack separates – a Joseph top and a Ralph Lauren skirt. I mean… black sack separates, covering up her bust and her figure for the most part. I'm so tired of this look on Angelina. This time last year, she was wearing a gorgeous, white, fuzzy Versace gown to the premiere of The Tourist. I just wish Angelina's default style was slightly better. Her jewelry is OFIRA – which surprises me. Angelina designed her own jewelry line full of 1970s-style topazes – why not wear some of those?

I'm including photos of Angelina with Brad's parents, Bill and Jane. Bill and Jane were with Jolie all of Monday as she promoted her film in interviews, and then she posed with them on the red carpet too. Personally, I think Jane Pitt and Angelina get along really well – they seem to enjoy each other, genuinely. I'm not so sure about Bill, though. He seems grumpy, but that might have nothing to do with Angelina. Also posing with Angelina: director and artist Julian Schnabel. Do they know each other? Oh, and James Haven was there with his girlfriend.

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.
wenn5765052 FP_8248667_JolieAngelina_BloodHoney_AAR_13_41 wenn3643559 wenn3643562 wenn5765049 wenn5765063 blood_and_honey_009_wenn5765055 blood_honey_008_wenn5764953 wenn5764955

Jennifer Aniston’s father approves of Justin Theroux: “He’s a charming young man”

Posted: 06 Dec 2011 04:26 AM PST

This week is going to be all about Angelina Jolie as she appears on television show after red carpet after magazine and on and on, all to promote In the Land of Blood and Honey. And whenever Angelina is promoting something big, Jennifer Aniston comes out to play. Incidentally, I'm not denying that the reverse happens too – when Aniston is promoting one of her films, Angelina will magically appear for a candid photo op too. Will this week be any different now that Aniston is all loved up with Justin Theroux? Well… I don't know. Do you want to build a conspiracy theory around Jennifer's father saying nice things about Justin?

Justin Theroux got the thumbs up from the guy who matters most: Jennifer Aniston’s dad!

Days of Our Lives actor John Aniston turned up at Sunday’s Loukoumi’s Celebrity Cookbook launch (his cinnamon toast recipe is included) at L.A.’s Treehouse Social Club — and dished just a tad on his very famous daughter’s latest man.

“He’s a charming young man,” the soap veteran, 78, told Us Weekly of Theroux, 40.

Aniston, 42, and her Wanderlust costar have been dating since the spring, and now live together in NYC and L.A.

“I think they make a wonderful couple,” her dad added, explaining that he and his wife “get together whenever we can” with the cute couple.

[From Us Weekly]

So, dad gives Justin the thumb's up, even though Justin isn't Greek. John Aniston has said before that he'd love Jennifer to find a nice Greek guy, but she keeps avoiding John Stamos like the plague, and now she's loved up with Justin. I wonder what her dad says about how much money Jennifer is shelling out to keep this romance afloat? My father would have a lot to say about the money part of it.

Anyhoodle… what's the over-under on at least two big candid photo-ops with Aniston this week? That's my guess – one solo photo op with tweaked nipples, and a photo op with Justin, looking especially lovey-dovey. Maybe this is the week for yet another Terry Richardson photo shoot?

Photos courtesy of Terry's Diary & WENN.
wenn3406428 aniston1 aniston2 aniston3

No comments:

Post a Comment