Wednesday, December 7, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Madonna thinks Duchess Kate is “a lovely girl with a great sense of style”

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 10:08 AM PST

I have to admit that Madonna's promotional tour for W.E. is not what I expected. I was expecting bold fashion choices that would overshadow her fashionista star, Andrea Riseborough, and dominate the style headlines. Madonna has dominated, for sure, but she wasn't trying to. Andrea's style is just so hit-or-miss, and her looks vary to such extremes, I don't think many people are paying attention to her. I also expected Madge to publicize the hell out of W.E., giving interview after deliciously narcissistic interview. Instead, Angelina Jolie and her directoral project have dominated the attention, while Madge only gives limited press. It could be that Madonna is saving all of her juicy interviews for February, when W.E. gets a wider release, but I'm still surprised by Madge's lack of attention-hogging.

That being said, she's still talking to some outlets. She gave an interesting interview to People Magazine where she discussed the royal family, how much she liked Duchess Kate, and how glad she is that Prince William is allowed to be more "modern":

The Duchess can breathe easy: the Material Girl is a fan of Kate Middleton's wardrobe.

"She is a lovely girl with a great sense of style," Madonna told PEOPLE at Sunday's Cinema Society and Piaget screening of her directorial debut, W.E., in New York. "Her wedding dress by Alexander McQueen was very beautiful."

Madonna added, "I like her choices. She's elegant and still knows how to have some fun. I'm a fan of her style."

Another Royal's style Madonna appreciates is that of Wallis Simpson — the American divorcée for whom King Edward VIII abdicated the throne of England to marry — the center of W.E., out in limited release on Dec. 9.

"She developed a style and stuck with it whether people were interested or not. I admire her individuality," said the pop star and avid Royal watcher, who "had an obsession with the royal family starting with Queen Victoria" while living in England in mid 2000s.

As for the Duke and Duchess of Cambridge, Madonna is happy that they get to live a less restricted life.

"The freedom that [Kate] has and the freedom the Royal family has now is nice and is refreshing," she shared. "It's too bad that Edward VIII didn't have that same kind of freedom back in 1937 to make his own decisions and to be the prince of the people, which Prince William is allowed to be. I like how modern they are now."

[From People]

As a history buff, it strikes me again that Madonna really didn't do that much research into the politics of the 1930s. I think that Madonna only focused on this idea that Edward/David was deeply in love with Wallis, and people were mean to him and he would have been a good king and Wallis would have been a good queen, if only the British people would have let her. Madonna identifies with Wallis for just that reason – the idea that "people didn't accept" Wallis, just as they don't "accept" Madonna. It's the self-fulfilling martyrdom of the narcissist who deeply believes she is misunderstood. While I'll admit that Wallis and Edward/David were likely deeply in love, there was so, so much more going on, including Edward's Nazi sympathies and Wallis's relationships with other men, one of which might have been a Nazi too.

Also, I don't understand Madonna's prattling on about being "modern" – if Prince William had wanted to marry the equivalent of a modern-day Wallis Simpson, a twice-divorced American with other lovers and fascistic politics, there would be outrage too, and the Queen wouldn't approve of the marriage today either.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
FP_8244259_WE_Screening_SCP_12_29 wenn3641297 wenn3645398 FP_8254473_BIG_Duke_Duchess_04_06

Ewan McGregor: “I don’t live my life for my family, but we live our lives together”

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 09:59 AM PST

Ewan McGregor covers the January issue of Nylon Guys to promote the upcoming Steven Soderberg-directed action flick, Haywire, in which Gina Carano will kick the crap out of Ewan’s ass along with many others. The interview spans several pages and many topics including Ewan’s passion for motorcycles, bagpipes, and Lay’s potato chips. He also loves VW vans and took the journalist on a little joyride and picnic during their talk. Clearly, his female co-stars are very fond of him, which only really means that he’s not an on-set douche. And as Kaiser has noted before, the rumors of his on-set dalliances could be just rumors. Or not. Maybe he does really have an open marriage? Ewan’s been married to his wife, Eve Mavrakis (with whom he recently adopted a fourth child), for sixteen years, yet he was spotted spotted last year hand in hand with Melanie Laurent. This interview might provide a little more insight into Eve and Ewan’s relationship, particularly within the last excerpt:

Emily Blunt on Ewan: “Ewan and his toys! He has so many toys. The bikes and the Minis and the cars and the vans. Any time he can get a new toy, he will. It’s sort of this very endearing obsession that he has.” What was he into on set? “He bought tome bagpipes! I love that he was driving you around in his camper van. if it was anyone else than Ewan it might come across as a proposition, but because it’s Ewan…”

Gina Carano on Ewan: “He’s just such a natural, beautiful person. It was really cool when we were [shooting] in Barcelona, I had been so used to working with some of the other actors, but Ewan’s presence is so natural, it’s almost intimidating. And he’s not a prima donna — he doesn’t require special treatment. Every time I think of Ewan, a big smile comes to my face because I’m just happy to know that somebody like that exists in the world.”

On His Casual Style: “I think people are so narrow-minded about a lot of things, especially fashion on the red carpet, that if you’re a man and you’re not wearing a suit and tie, then you didn’t really dress up. I like to find things that are different. I don’t want to look like everybody else necessarily, because I don’t really feel like everybody else.”

On the British Film Industry: “I don’t feel any need to support it. I was always work in British stories because I am British and I’m drawn to them, but I don’t feel any special desire or need to make a British film every year because there were years when they didn’t support me, you know? We struggled like f–k to get Young Adam made, and we had me and Tilda Swinton and an amazing script and a talented young director. At that point I thought, I’ve spent my whole life working in Britain and rejecting American films… That’s when I realized we’re on our own. What really annoys me is during Oscar season, everyone gets really wrapped in that itle. Then it’s on the front pages; BRITS CLEAN UP AT THE OSCARS! And for one night we get really supportive of the British, but in actual fact, it’s more of a ‘stick it to the Americans’ sort of thing. It’s such hypocrisy; I find it so distasteful. I also don’t live there anymore, so I have no right to talk about it, really.”

On His Home Life: McGregor lives with his wife of 16 years (Eve Mavrakis, a production designer) and their four daughters, in a 1920s Spanish-style house in Brentood, where they relocated three years ago from London. The idea of being perceived as a family man, however, seems to grate on him. “My wife is my best friend, she’s the person I discuss everything with, so of course she’s hugely a part of my experience,” he says, taking a swig of Diet Coke. “But I wouldn’t like the read that my family has to be grounding me. I hate people writing things like that. Because at the same time, my work is still quite heady and wonderful and weird… I don’t live my life for my family, but we live our lives together.”

[From Nylon Guys]

The entire interview is quite lengthy and at times quite dull, but of course I’m fixated on the “I don’t live my life for my family, but we live our lives together” quote. What does that even mean? That Ewan and his wife do their own things (including sexual things) yet always come home to each other? Perhaps I’m reading too much into those words, but it just seems like an odd sentiment for a “family man” to express in a print publication, but maybe that was the point of the whole exercise.

Now about this photoshoot — Ewan looks dashingly handsome as always, but he’d look even more fetching if those boots were paired with a kilt.

Photos corutesy of Nylon Guys and the Fashion Spot

ewannylon1 ewannylon8 ewannylon4 ewannylon5 ewannylon3

Courtney Stodden wears a prom dress to a paparazzi photo shoot

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 09:27 AM PST


Here’s Courtney Stodden at The Grove in Hollywood, trotting around in a bizarre black satin high cut v-neck dress with a beaded waistline. She’s dressed relatively demurely, for her, although she needs to step up her bra game. You can see her bra around the back and sides. Also, her shoes are too small and her toes are hanging over the edge. This must be what Courtney meant when she said she wanted to “bring back the classy beautiful edge of old Hollywood.” This is her warped adolescent idea of classy and beautiful. You might assume that she was going out to an event or formal dinner in this prom dress and stripper heels, but her much older husband wore a knit cap, jeans and a ratty t-shirt with a leather jacket over it. This was all about the photo op, and they were as unapologetic about it as they are about their creepy marriage.


I really hope this means that their reality show, potentially with VH1, is a no-go and they’re getting desperate. Almost all the photo agencies have these pictures and they usually stage exclusives with one agency.


A lot of outlets are running Courtney’s anti-”bullying” YouTube video as if it’s new. She uploaded it on December 12, 2010 and I first watched it right around the time she hit the scene. It’s kind of funny to hear her promote herself and then claim that the people who point out how ridiculous she is are “bullying” and “jealous.”


Meanwhile check out her latest tweets. They’re disgusting eulogies to the holiday with some bible verses interspersed. It’s like holding mass at seedy strip club. She practically described fellating Santa:

My favorite is this one: “Foxy Santa: Your frosty facial goodness completed w/all of your frisky fine fun bags makes me feel erotically flirtatious & festively feisty.” At least she’s literate and knows how to alliterate.

courtneystweets doug_courtney_1_wenn3646044 doug_courtney_8_wenn3646051 doug_courtney_stodden_05_we doug_courtney_stodden_14_we FP_8254259_Hutchinson_Stodd FP_8254340_Hutchinson_Stodd FP_8254344_Hutchinson_Stodd FP_8254345_Hutchinson_Stodd FP_8254347_Hutchinson_Stodd FP_8254349_Hutchinson_Stodd

Photo credit: WENN and Fame

Angelina Jolie covers Marie Claire: “I could get pregnant again”

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 09:26 AM PST

We don't have access to the new photos of Angelina Jolie at last night's screening for In the Land of Blood and Honeyyou can see them here. Jolie wore a black velvet(y) suit that wasn't very flattering or anything. But! We do have new photos of Jolie in a spectacular white coat, just out and about in NYC, and I've also included a preview of Jolie's Marie Claire cover shoot for January. Plus, there are about twenty million new stories about Angelina too. It's ANGELINA WEEK. Here are some highlights:

*Two nights ago, after the premiere of ITLOBAH, Brangelina, Julian Schnabel, Jason Lee and Brad's parents all partied at the Standard Hotel's Boom Boom Room. Page Six claims: "Angelina kept it in the family and hung with Pitt and his mom, Jane Pitt, and dad, Bill Pitt, until about 1 a.m… Jolie was overheard joking that the family should 'take their holiday photo' from the spot [on the hotel roof], with its sweeping views of the city."

*Angelina told People Magazine that she adores Brad's parents and "It means everything… I couldn’t be standing here without them.” The Pitts told People that they were "very proud" of Jolie and they admired her ability to do everything well, especially "being a really good mom."

*BABIES. Note the cover line on Marie Claire - "I could get pregnant again." Hmmmm? Will Jolie get knocked up again? Will she adopt again? When asked if she would consider adopting a Bosnian baby, Angelina apparently stuttered out, "There's, I, you know, it's not something that's, uh, that I've thought of." But the NYDN notes, "she did say she was working with SOS Children's Villages to help support a Bosnian child through sales of the film's soundtrack, 'and in other ways.'”

*Angelina commented about the lawsuit against her filed by Croat journalist James Braddock, who claims that he basically owns the concept of women being raped in POW camps. When asked, Angelina said: "It’s par for the course. It happens on almost every film." Angelina did say that “There are many books and documentaries that I did pull from. It’s a combination of many people’s stories. But that particular book I’ve never seen”.

*Angelina might work with director Luc Besson, and it might come sooner rather than later. Deadline reports:

Angelina Jolie is in talks to star in an untitled big-scale movie written and directed by Luc Besson. Besson currently has The Lady in the Oscar mix, but this film sounds like a closer cousin to early Besson efforts like The Professional, La Femme Nikita and The Fifth Element.

I'm told that there are serious talks going on for Jolie to star next spring in a dramatic thriller that is rooted in true scientific elements. Besson's EuropaCorp developed it and will co-finance, and negotiations are already underway with a studio for domestic distribution. The Besson film would be Jolie's next as an actress, and it would come before she teams with director Ridley Scott on a historical epic about Gertrude Bell that The Constant Gardener scribe Jeffrey Caine is currently rewriting. I'm told there's a high likelihood that both films will land at the same studio.

The latter film is an epic adventure about a British aristocrat who helped define the current Middle East and the borders of Iraq after the fall of the Ottoman Empire. She became a seminal figure in Middle East politics during the run-up to WWI, acting in roles that ranged from archaeologist to diplomat, photographer and spy. Jolie is also moving quickly on Maleficent, the Linda Woolverton-scripted revisionist take on the Sleeping Beauty tale for Walt Disney Pictures, and she is getting closer to playing medical examiner Kay Scarpetta in the Fox 2000 drama based on the Patricia Cornwell novel series. Kario Salem has turned in a script he wrote in close collaboration with the author, based on her bestselling novel series.

[From Deadline]

Angelina working with Luc Besson? That could be interesting and weird and maybe even great. Why is it that she'll sign on to this weird action/sci-fi, but when she was offered a bajillion dollars to make Gravity, she was all "NO!"? I still don't understand that.

Photos courtesy of Fame & The Fashion Spot.
jolie1 FP_8252542_JolieAngelina_TVSet_AAR_01_06 FP_8252543_JolieAngelina_TVSet_AAR_02_06 FP_8252545_JolieAngelina_TVSet_AAR_04_06 jolie3 jolie2

Giuliana Rancic’s cancer struggle on the cover of People

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 09:25 AM PST


I will admit that I’m torn on what to think about E! correspondent Giuliana Rancic’s latest announcement that she has breast cancer and is undergoing a double mastectomy. It makes me feel like a bad person to admit that. On one side she’s going through an incredibly difficult health battle and is raising awareness of a disease that affects one in 8 women in the U.S. On the other she’s engaged in some obvious self promotion, which is understandable given her job. This is a woman with a reality show and a lifestyle website. I feel for her that she has cancer and I do think it’s brave of her to go public with this, but I still can’t help but see her as a mix of Gwyneth Paltrow and The Kardashians.

So anyway Giuliana went on The Today Show earlier this week to announce that the lumpectomy she had for early stage breast cancer (which she announced in October) wasn’t effective and that she would be having a double mastectomy and reconstruction. Then she went on Wendy Williams and The Ryan Seacrest show (he’s her boss at E! after all) and now she’s on the cover of People. I would rather see People highlight this important health issue than try and make us care why the latest bachelorette dumped her boyfriend.

Giuliana Rancic knows she’ll have scars from her upcoming double mastectomy and reconstructive surgery. And she plans to embrace them.

“I think scars tell such an incredible story,” the E! News anchor, 37, tells PEOPLE in this week’s cover story. “I’ll always look at them and think, ‘Wow, I made it through that.’ ”

Still, she admits that there are moments as she lays in bed next to her husband Bill, 40, when impact of her shocking cancer diagnosis hits her.

“Usually it’s 2 in the morning, and I’ll turn around from Bill so I don’t wake him up, and I just cry,” she says. “I sob and think, ‘How did this happen?’ ”

Mostly, though, the “tough Italian woman,” as Bill calls his wife of four years, is determined to eradicate the disease that has turned her world upside down since being diagnosed three months ago.

“My breasts have never defined me – and now they never will,” says Giuliana, whose surgery is scheduled for Dec. 13.

[From People]

I hope she recovers fully, I hope she and Bill have that child they were hoping for all along, and I hope her story inspires others to get mammograms. For people with cancer, I hope they are inspired by Giuliana’s story to power through their treatment and stay positive. I think that I can listen to what she’s going through and feel for her, but still not be a huge fan, you know?

Here’s a clip of Giuliana and Bill on The Wendy Williams show. I do like Bill a lot.

Giuliana is shown interviewing Angelina Jolie on the red carpet on Monday. Credit: WENN.com

Linnocent claimed Heath Ledger was the love of her life in her 2008 diary

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 08:56 AM PST

Heath Ledger's death in 2008 was a tragedy. It was a tragedy because the world lost a brilliant, talented, amazing actor who still had decades of performances left. It was a tragedy because a young girl lost her father, because Heath's parents lost their son, because Heath lived a big life with a lot of friends, and his absence is still felt in their lives too.

Heath's death was also a tragedy because now every random chick that he had a one night stand with thinks that she was his last great love. Let's take Lindsay Lohan – LL has forced this postmortem connection to Heath for several years now. Evidence suggests that Heath and Lindsay did know each other in the months before his death. I will even guess that they had a sexual or romantic relationship, however brief. What I will not EVER believe is that LL and Heath had some great love affair, or that he wasn't spending time with several different women before his death. But in Linnocent's mind, Heath was her Joe DiMaggio (because she's Marilyn Monroe).

Many mysteries still surround Heath Ledger’s 2008 death but a personal diary that Lindsay Lohan kept holds deep-rooted secrets, Star magazine is exclusively reporting via RadarOnline.com.

In a world exclusive, Star has obtained the private memoir of the 25-year-old actress penned at the time of the Brokeback Mountain star’s death in which she professed her love for the actor.

"Today Heath died," Lindsay wrote with a pink pen on January 22, 2008. "I'm in love with him…. He was the love of my life. He taught me so much, and he was everything I've ever wanted and more.

“I want to hear him laugh and hold me. I crave his touch and care."

The couple were so close that the Mean Girls star was even planning to visit Ledger in New York City just days after he died from an overdose of prescription drugs, Star exclusively reveals in the new issue.

Lindsay, who has famously battled her own demons with drugs and drink, broke down in tears when she heard the news that Heath had died. "When a person dies the world stops. I'm numb," she wrote.

In a 2008 phone conversation obtained by RadarOnline.com, Lohan’s mom, Dina, told dad Michael that their daughter was “dating Heath when he died.”

[From Radar]

Yes, in taped conversations between Michael and Dina Lohan – in which they were both battling for Worst Parent of the Century – Dina did claim that LL was "dating" Heath before he died. But that's second-hand information from a crackhead to another crackhead. There's also the matter of how Radar/Star got their hands on "Lindsay's Diary". Is the crackie selling off her diaries now? Or is Dina selling off LL's stuff in a cracked-out "fire sale"?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn2621813 wenn945242 wenn2622043

Star: Will Smith & Jada Pinkett are “tired of faking it” and are headed for divorce

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 08:32 AM PST

At the end of the day, I always end up admiring Star Magazine and The National Enquirer. They're the two seediest tabloids in America, and they get decent scoops often enough that I often put stock in whatever they're reporting. I also appreciate how ballsy they are in going after certain celebrities that most of the other magazines just refuse to touch. Back in August, In Touch Weekly shocked everybody by claiming that Will Smith and Jada Pinkett Smith were "separated" and headed for a massive split, all because Jada was fooling around with Marc Anthony when they worked together on HawthoRNe. In the following month, both Will and Jada stepped out and did some damage control, threatened to sue In Touch, and all of the "respectable" tabloids cleaned up the mess and claimed that Jada and Will were just fine, thank you very much.

Now Star Magazine is doubling-down on In Touch's claims. According to their sources, Will and Jada are totally headed for divorce:

After 14 years of marriage, Will Smith, 43, and Jada Pinkett Smith, 40, seem to be heading straight for divorce, sources reveal in a new Star magazine report. Endless fights, Will's nights out partying with the guys and sleeping in separate bedrooms have left the couple living two "separate lives."

"They've been faking it for a long time and they don't want to live a lie anymore," a source tells Star magazine. "Living and sleeping separately — and now Will finally walking out on Jada — have pushed them to their limit. They're done."

The marriage is done. "Will and Jada are finished," says another insider. "They're still keeping up appearances because they worry divorce could hurt their careers, but there's no turning back now. It needs to end."

Sources expect that the couple will file for divorce quite soon — and that a nasty, drawn-out battle over their $520 million will follow.

In August, the couple fought off rumors that they had already split, and they tried to work on their issues.

"They've been trying to work through it, but things came to a head in early November, when they got into a huge knock-down, drag-out fight," a source shares. "They put up a good front in public, but behind doors they really fight like cats and dogs. They've always had issues in their relationship, and now they're bubbling to the surface."

Will "has taken to spending many nights" in a different bedroom from Jada, notes an insider. "He's barely speaking to Jada as it is. But when they fight, he'll storm out and go off to spend time with his guy friends. He and Jada are living separate lives."

Will has also been traveling all over the world with his guy pals, almost as to forget about his problems back at home. On Nov. 26, he was spotted at Drink! Win Bar in Port of Spain. Later that night, he was out until 4 a.m. at 51 Degrees. He "wasn't wearing a wedding ring," says a witness.

"Will feels like he's living a lie for everyone else, but he knows it needs to end," explains a source. "They can't keep pretending."

[From Hollywood Life]

It's weird because Page Six just had a report about Will and Jada being out together in Miami a few nights ago – go here to see Page Six's report. They were at a club called Liv, listening to DJ David Guetta. Anyway, it will be interesting to see how Will and Jada react to this story. If they just do the bare minimum of damage control – vague threats to sue, a photo op, a publicist's denial – I will think that something is sketchy. I don't believe all of the conspiracy theories about them, but I do think something weird is going on with their marriage. It's been ages since Jada has given an interview about their sex life. THAT speaks volumes.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn2939048 wenn3110288 wenn3393532 wenn5542581

Alec Baldwin kicked off an American Airlines flight for playing a phone game

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 07:44 AM PST

Hating on flight attendants is universal at this point, correct? Unless you're Gerard Depardieu and you need to pee. But doesn't everyone have a "this flight attendant was the worst" story? Or am I about to be regaled with stories of your BFF, the stewardess, who would never say one harsh thing against a passenger? Whatever, I'll say it: flight attendants are power-crazed jagoffs. And one of them just had a beef with Alec Baldwin. Apparently, Alec was on an American Airlines flight yesterday. And when I say "on a flight" I mean "sitting at the gate, waiting to take off." The flight attendant told Alec to stop playing Words With Friends, and then Alec was escorted off the flight. Dramz?

American Airlines encourages its customers to “be themselves, nonstop” — unless that customer is Alec Baldwin.

The 53-year-old 30 Rock actor was kicked off his flight from L.A. Tuesday afternoon. Several passengers confirmed the news via Twitter moments as Baldwin was removed from the plane.

Said Activate founder and managing director Michael J. Wolf: “On an AA flight at LAX. Alec Baldwin removed from the plane We had to go back to the gate. Terrible that everyone had to wait.”

Baldwin’s early exit may have been due to his use of electronics. “The flight attendant on American reamed me out for playing Words With Friends while we sat at the gate, not moving,” Baldwin tweeted. “No wonder American Air is bankrupt.”

“But, oddly, 30 Rock plays inflight on American,” Baldwin added. “The real way is United.”

Baldwin’s rep explained the ordeal to Us Weekly, saying: “Alec was asked to leave the flight for playing Words with Friends while parked at the gate. He loves WWF so much that he was willing to leave a plane for it, but he has already boarded another AA flight.”

[From Us Weekly]

TMZ reports that there was an additional confrontation after the flight attendant "reamed" him for playing a game on his phone:

The last straw in the Alec Baldwin/American Airlines incident came when he “slammed” the bathroom door so loudly the captain of Flight 4 had to get involved … according to people on the plane.

We’re told Baldwin’s tweets about the incident are on point — flight attendants wanted him to shut off his cell phone in the middle of a game of “Words with Friends” … after the cabin door closed, but the plane remained at the gate.

But according to passengers … after the confrontation over his phone, Alec got up to go to the bathroom and angrily slammed the lavatory door. We’re told it was so loud the captain called back to flight attendants to find out what was happening.

That’s when the captain himself made the call to have Baldwin removed.

Sources close to Alec claim he did not slam the door, and only got up to get the flight attendant’s name so he could file a complaint — but because the fasten seat belt sign was on he was asked to leave the plane.

Alec boarded the next LAX-JFK flight — and we’re guessing he’s enjoying an intense match of ‘Words’ right now … at 40,000 feet.

[From TMZ]

Meh. It sounds everyone, from Alec to the flight attendant to the captain, were all asses, honestly. I'll always believe that Alec Baldwin is an ass in real life, just like I'll always believe that most flight attendants are power-crazed jagoffs. I don't have a stereotype about plane captains, though. Mostly I just hope they aren't drunk or asleep.

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.
FP_7900276_BARM_TonyBennett_Birthday_03_21 FP_7923802_Baldwin_Alec_CJNY_10_16 wenn3520574 wenn3520560

Duchess Kate’s $99 Zara dress & Ralph Lauren jacket: cute or too “college girl”?

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 07:40 AM PST

These are new photos of Duchess Kate last night in London, where she and her husband attended a show at the Royal Albert Hall. The dress is Zara ($99), the jacket is Ralph Lauren. I will make no mention of The Button Problem, because although the buttons are noticeable on the jacket, I think Kate is attempting to contain The Problem. I actually think the dress and the jacket are very cute, it’s the black hose and fug shoes that kind of ruin the look for me – this seems like an outfit a 20-year-old girl would wear when her parents visit her at college and take her out to dinner. Right? According to Us Weekly, Kate "did little to squash pregnancy rumors" because she held her little clutch in front of her womb, thus "hiding" the alleged bump. Kate does look slightly less emaciated.

Meanwhile, Kate will soon be enjoying her first Christmas as a member of the Royal Family. What does a Royal Family Christmas entail? Well, it's sort of like joining a cult in that you pretty much have to disavow your family and never spend another holiday with them, ever, because the Royal Family does not spend holidays with commoners, EVER. But William actually likes Kate's family, and so he's trying to bring a new tradition to the family – Pippa will be "allowed" near the royal family – but only on the day after Christmas. And in the week after Christmas, Will and Kate will go and stay with her parents. Compromise?

Pippa Middleton has been invited to join the Royal Family's Christmas gathering at Sandringham. In a highly unusual move, she has been asked to take part in the traditional Boxing Day pheasant shoot – which is normally restricted to members of the Royal Family and their spouses.

This Christmas will be the Duchess of Cambridge's first at the Norfolk estate with the Queen, and the idea is that asking Kate's sister along on Boxing Day will help her feel more at home. Pippa, 28, who recently split with banker Alex Loudon, 31, is an expert shot and is apparently keen to join the festivities.

A source says: 'Kate will of course miss her family on Christmas Day – she has traditionally spent it with them. She wants Pippa to join her at Sandringham on Boxing Day because it will make being apart from her family at Christmas a little easier. Pippa's very keen to go and she's been on a couple of shooting weekends to make sure she won't let the side down.'

'She gets on very well with William and Harry, and the Duke of Edinburgh has a soft spot for her. It's unusual for non-family members to receive an invitation, but William wants Kate to feel comfortable and he knows having her sister there will mean a great deal to her. There are talks about Pippa going to America early in the New Year to discuss her book, and she's currently organising her social diary, but she's very much hoping to go to Sandringham.'

When the Royal couple got engaged last year, Prince William, 29, spoke fondly of his relationship with Kate's family. He has already treated the Middletons to several shooting weekends at his father's retreat near Balmoral.

The Queen also made the unprecedented move of inviting Carole Middleton to Royal Ascot in June and Kate's mother arrived in the Royal carriage procession.

A senior Palace aide last night confirmed that the Duke and Duchess would be at Sandringham but said that any other invitees were private guests of the Queen.

[From The Mail]

So Kate will spend Christmas Day listen to the corgis yap and trying to breathe through her mouth through the stench of royal eggnog farts, but on the 26th, she and Pippa get to play with guns, huzzah! You know what I'm thinking? Pippa and Harry get drunk together after "the hunt" and something goes down, and it's dirty and hot. Pippa and Harry wouldn't last for longer than a night, but it would be a fun night.

Photos courtesy of.
wenn3645388 wenn3645162 wenn3645397 wenn3645391 wenn3645396 wenn3645390

L&S: Kim Kardashian & Reggie Bush are in contact, he’s been “waiting” for her

Posted: 07 Dec 2011 07:32 AM PST

We haven't had a Kim Kardashian story in a few days. It's been nice, hasn't it? CB and I think that while the Kardashians are always going to be and make news, we should still take a break every now and then. Especially now that Team Kardashian is out in full force trying to throw everything they can at Kris Humphries. Ever since Kim filed for divorce on Halloween, there have been rumors about Kim possibly getting back with Reggie Bush. I've always thought that Kim should have stuck around longer for Reggie, but she pushed marriage and he wasn't ready, and they broke up before they really should have. It wouldn't surprise me at all if both Kim and Reggie still had feelings for each other. So… that's what this week's Life & Style is all about – the possibility that Kim and Reggie could reunite:

As Kim Kardashian's divorce from estranged husband Kris Humphries gets nastier, former boyfriend Reggie Bush has been Kim's one source of hope! Life & Style reveals in its new issue, on newsstands now, that the duo have been in regular contact and are moving toward a reunion!

"Reggie reached out to Kim via text shortly after she announced she was filing for divorce to make sure she was okay," a Kardashian family friend tells Life & Style. "They've stayed in touch ever since, texting and talking. Kim was Reggie's first love. He knows she's hurting right now, but when the time is right, he'll swoop in and take care of her."

In fact, an insider tells Life & Style that Kim and Reggie have been in contact regularly via text, phone and Skype. And as Kris Humphries refuses to sign divorce papers and slings claims of fraud at Kim, Reggie has been her understanding shoulder to cry on.

"He's concerned about her; he's making sure she's holding it together," shares the friend. "Reggie always knew that it wasn't going to work [between Kim and Kris], so he's been waiting and watching."

[From Life & Style]

So… just phone calls and Skype. Convenient because the tabloids can't nail down a moment when Reggie and Kim are in the same city. Meanwhile, OK! Magazine also put Kim on the cover, but don't get the impression that Kim really spoke to OK! – she didn't. All of it comes from "insiders" who sound like Kris Jenner. Here are some highlights from OK!'s piece:

Kim Kardashian had hoped she could take the high road. She thought that the controversy would die down if she stayed silent. But then Kris Humphries went public with his accusation that their marriage was built on fraud, saying he would seek an annulment — and Kim's world came crashing down all over again.

"When Kim saw that he was filing for fraud in the annulment she just shook her head," recalls a confidante. "She was just so mad and upset and frustrated."

Kris' accusation that their marriage was a "fraud" made Kim, 31, cry, admits a pal. But knowing it was time to finally speak out, she turned first to her friends. "Kris has his side of what happened, and I have my side of the story," Kim said, according to a close friend. "But we both contributed to the marriage not working out. We both jumped into it too fast. And now we both have to publicly go through the breakup with the whole world judging and watching."

But their marriage was never a fake. Kim really did want to marry Kris, 26, for all the right reasons, say those around her. She wanted a partner and a family — the perfect sort of romantic dream that everyone wants.

"She did not commit fraud," insists an insider. "She truly was in love with him and wanted to live happily ever after. Her heartbreak is genuine."

Kim's fairy tale ended shortly after the wedding hoopla died down. "Kim quickly realized after the honeymoon that she and Kris just weren't compatible, and she had just made the biggest mistake of her life," says a Kardashian relative, who believes that Kim knew she was going to leave Kris before this season of Kourtney & Kim Take New York was finished filming. "I think she knew for a while that she [wasn't going to spend a] lifetime with Kris."

The first insider agrees: "Kim's decision to divorce didn't come out of nowhere — things between her and Kris were horrible from the moment they walked down the aisle. She's really not a fake. She was just on this runaway train with no easy way off. I saw her recently and she's really shook up. The family is worried about how angry Kris is and how far he will go."

Kim's family's fears go beyond Kris damaging their "brand," too. They are all genuinely worried for Kim. "

Kim isn't superhuman. People seem to have this idea that because she's on TV, she's some sort of robot," says the insider. "She's just been through this awful breakup and she's hurting. Now what Kris is doing is making it hurt that much more. The truth is that she's extremely emotional and very sensitive and she is having a very hard time dealing with all this."

[From OK! Magazine]

Whatever. As much as I'm over Kim, I really dislike Kris Humphries too, and I think his claims of "fraud" are just legal maneuvers to grab more of Kim's money. Both Kim and Kris profited so much from this whole debacle, and both are lying about "the real reasons" they're no longer together. Blah.

Covers courtesy of the respective tabloids.
kim1 kim2

No comments:

Post a Comment