Sunday, December 11, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Kim Kardashian travels to Haiti to “raise awareness” for women’s charity

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 07:58 AM PST

During the Thanksgiving holiday, Kim Kardashian volunteered for a photo op at the LA Mission, which provides meals to the homeless. Kim spent more time posing for paparazzi photos than she did actually helping out or "volunteering". But I guess we were supposed to think, "Hey, Kat-face isn't so bad – look at her posing for photos while she's serving the homeless." Except that no one said that, because her move was really obvious. So now Kim is forced to try another humanitarian gambit – she traveled to Haiti with her mother. Kim and Kris actually went to Haiti as part of a real charity – We Advance, co-founded by Maria Bello. So… at least Kim didn't just fly into Port-au-Prince and pose for some "LOOK AT ME, I'M A CAT-FACED HUMANITARIAN NOW" photos on the tarmac and then call it a day.

With Christmas just two weeks away, Kim Kardashian is giving back — in Haiti. A source close to the reality star, 31, confirms that she’s currently on the impoverished, earthquake-ravaged nation with mom Kris Jenner, designer Donna Karan and actresses Patricia Arquette and Maria Bello.

Prime Suspect star Bello, 44, is one of the co-founders of the organzation We Advance, which strives to “advance the health, safety and well being of women throughout Haiti,” its website explains.

Working in “some of the poorest slums in all of the Western Hemisphere,” We Advance reaches out to women in need, their family and community leaders.

It’s a welcome respite from Kardashian’s divorce battle with Kris Humphries, the source says. “She’s been there for two days…She says it’s amazing!”

The star herself tweeted Friday evening: “What a beautiful day today! You only live once, so go for it! Make the best of it! Xo”

[From Us Weekly]

According to Radar, "Kim’s role in making the trip is to help bring more attention to the ongoing problems in Haiti." Which means you would expect Kim to be photographed in Haiti, because it's one of those rare occasions where a photo-op might actually help out and bring more awareness and money. But there are no photos. Oh well… maybe she'll actually have a moment of serious contemplation and realize that she needs to dedicate at least SOME of her time to doing non-famewhore things.

Probably not though – Kim's next big appearance has already been confirmed: she's being paid to make to hostess New Year's Eve at Tao in Las Vegas. She's getting paid $200,000. Of course.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5759603 wenn3626551 wenn5759601 wenn5759574

Meryl Streep, 63, gets her first Vogue cover for the January issue

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 07:50 AM PST

Meryl Streep scored what I'm thinking is her very first Vogue Mag cover for the January 2012 issue. HER FIRST. She's 63 years old and an American treasure, and this is her first time on the cover of the bible of American fashion? Yes, I'm sure Meryl really doesn't give a crap – she has more important things on her plate – but it's still odd/amazing to me that Meryl went her whole career without ever appearing on Vogue before now. Blake Lively has had two covers, for the love of God. Sarah Jessica Parker gets a cover every time she farts out a new rom-com. My point: if we're talking about relevancy, vitality, talent, intelligence, heart and humor amongst American women, how is Meryl not dominating the conversation?

So what do you think of the cover shot? Eh. Meryl looks prettier and younger in candid photos and in films. Plus, I don't care for the outfit they chose for her, but I'm really looking forward to the interview.

Streep is promoting The Iron Lady, which is apparently a passion project she's wanted to do for a long time. She and the film have already faced a heap of criticism for the portrayal of Margaret Thatcher, but I haven't read one interview with Meryl where she says anything less than kind about Thatcher. In a new interview with The Telegraph, Streep said that she had seen Thatcher give a lecture in Illinois a decade ago: "She carried on for an hour and a half – she never tired. She sort of gained, if anything, interest in going on. Speaking in really cogent, beautifully wrought paragraphs. She was impressive. Just that galvanising intelligence – making her point, never losing track of the question, always circling around to the point that she wanted to make." I don't know… she sounds really respectful to me.

Covers courtesy of The Fashion Spot.
meryl1 wenn3611645 meryl2

Colin Farrell gets even sexier, wins award for his advocacy of special-needs kids

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 07:32 AM PST

OMG, look at Colin Farrell. He looks incredible, right? Or am I hallucinating? You know who he reminds me of? Timothy Olyphant. I'd always found Olyphant attractive when he was younger, but as Olyphant aged, and he started rocking some grey at his temples, all of a sudden it was like "OMG, this man is FINE." That's what these Colin Farrell photos remind me of – Colin is sober, he's fit and trim yet muscular, his clothes fit better and he's taking better care of himself overall. Plus, the grey. And all of a sudden he's no longer the mangy Irishman who won't remember your name the next morning. He's the Irish sex God who will bang you until the headboard breaks and then he'll make you breakfast. RIGHT? Or is that just me?

So these are photos of Colin at the American Giving Awards, where he was honored for his work raising awareness of Angelman Syndrome, which his first son James has. Colin is also a supporter of the Special Olympics, which is awesome. Colin has been giving more interviews about Angelman Syndrome lately and… I don't know, he moves me. When he talks about his son, I'm moved and I'm consistently impressed with the changes he's made in his life and how committed he is to being a hands-on father to a special needs kid. Last week, Colin was the guest of honor at the Chicago gala for the Foundation for Angelman Syndrome Therapeutics (FAST). He calls his son "Jimmy", and here's part of his speech:

“He’s kind of lifted me in that sometimes tremulous hand of his. I ain’t saying I’m a great man or nothing, but I’m getting to be about as good a fellow as I’m going to be. A lot of the reason is James has come into my life and gifted me the opportunity to look outside myself and to watch his every difficulty and to watch his insurmountable spirit just forge ahead in life.”

It was all so different a few years ago when Colin Farrell was on a Special Olympics panel in China. A journalist asked him why he was involved with the organization and, determined to protect James’s privacy, he gave a pat answer.

“I found myself not speaking about what I wanted to really speak about so much,” he said at the weekend. That night, he said he went to bed devastated that he hadn’t been honest: “I just thought, ‘Well, maybe it’s time. I just have to speak about him. And once I’m not protecting him, what’s going to happen if I speak publicly about his condition? Nothing really.”

He called his son’s mother, model Kim Bordenave, and suggested the time had come for him to acknowledge James’s condition. The next day he spoke about Angelman for the first time during an interview. Since then, he has helped raise awareness by talking about James’s condition whenever he is on promotional rounds. An appearance on the Letterman chat show in America led to a significant rise in donations to FAST and turned Farrell into something of a poster boy for AS. And, such has been Colin Farrell’s enthusiasm for the charity’s work, he sponsored 100 families which enabled them to attend last weekend’s conference and share their experiences.

[From The Irish Independent]

Sigh… all of that hotness, heart and then some. It's okay to love him, right? We're not complaining about how he's dirty and stuff anymore, right? Because I love him, and I always have.

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.
wenn3650543 wenn3650650 wenn3650616 FP_8265361_AGA_RJI_43_48 FP_8265363_AGA_RJI_45_48

Peaches Geldof, 22, is engaged to her fey boyfriend of a year, Thomas Cohen

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 07:05 AM PST

Peaches Geldof is only 22 years old. God, it feels like she's 30-something, doesn't it? Anyway, Peaches is 22, and she's already got one marriage under her belt, plus a would-be engagement to Eli Roth, which I still think Peaches tried to force on Eli and he finally realized what a weird, creepy famewhore she was and is. So, SURPRISE, she's engaged again, this time to her boyfriend of year, Thomas Cohen. Peaches began dating Thomas shortly after she and Eli ended things, and Thomas gives my gaydar a massive headache.

She became divorced at the tender age of 19 in 2008 after marrying boyfriend Max Drummey just one month after they met. But it seems her past relationship hasn’t put Peaches Geldof after the idea of marriage, as the 22-year-old singer has announced she is engaged to her boyfriend Thomas Cohen.

Peaches confirmed that she and S.C.U.M rocker Cohen, who have been dating for a year, are set to wed, but not in the near future.

She told the Sunday Mirror: ‘Yes, I’m engaged! We don’t want to get married for a couple of years yet though so don’t expect me in a dress yet. I’m so happy!’

Peaches also revealed she has been keeping the engagement a secret for six months. The socialite, who is also buying a house with rocker Cohen, eloped to Vegas and married American musician Drummey in Vegas in 2008, after dumping her previous boyfriend Faris Badwin of band The Horrors to embark on a whirlwind romance with her new beau.

But cracks appeared early on in the relationship and it was reported in November 2008 that Peaches, who was trying to forge a career as a writer in America at the time, had told Drummey after a series of rows that the relationship was over.

In February 2009 they confirmed their split in a joint statement. It read: 'After much soul searching we have made the mutual decision to end our marriage and have agreed to go our separate ways. Our parting is amicable and both of us still respect and care about each other immensely. There were no other people involved in this decision and we both look forward to a future as good friends.'

Peaches had hinted that she didn’t think she would end up with Max in a previous interview.

She said: ‘I didn’t go into it with Max thinking, “This is going to last forever”. But I did go into it thinking, “I love him right now and I know that I will continue to love him for a long while”.’

[From The Mail]

So Peaches and Thomas got engaged six months ago? And now they're announcing it and claiming that they don't want to follow through for another few years? Hopefully, someone will come to their senses in that time, right? Someone will look around and have the realization, "I like dudes." And the other will agree and they'll part amicably. Also: why does Peaches move so fast? I realize she doesn't have a lot going on besides famwhorin' and dating, but a 22-year old divorcee who jumps into another engagement after dating her fey dude for six months? Ugh, Peaches.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
file_peaches_geldof_engaged_09_wenn3431785 file_peaches_geldof_engaged_12_wenn3506631 wenn3522366 wenn3634629 wenn3634604 wenn3516035

Miley Cyrus in a wrinkled Jenny Packham gown: unflattering or cute?

Posted: 11 Dec 2011 06:45 AM PST

Miley Cyrus was at the American Giving Awards Friday night, same as LeAnn Rimes. Now… I give Miley more credit than most people. I think she's smarter, more self-aware and more independent than most of the Disney people put together, and Miley has really taken herself out of the famewhore game this year, and I admire that. Yes, she probably smokes pot and she probably parties more than she should, but I think it speaks volumes that she's not falling out of clubs and being an in-our-faces party-girl. She's partying, and for the most part, she's partying with friends and she's doing it quietly. She got back with Liam Hemsworth, they live together now and Miley is rarely photographed, nor does she go to the opening of an envelope anymore. I think it's smart of her to cull her public appearances, and it's nice that her first red carpet in months was for an event about charity work.

But… her appearance. Yikes. Much of what's wrong is just superficial styling stuff. Miley is wearing this wrinkled Jenny Packham dress, which isn't the right color for her. Plus, it's a badly cut dress and the whole effect is just unflattering. I like that Miley's not "Look at mah biscuit, y'all, check out by boobs too!" – this is conservative for her. But it's just a bad dress overall. The biggest problem? Miley's hair and face. Look, the girl has been smoking weed, she's gotten munchies and she's put on some weight. It's not a big deal, and she still has an enviable figure. But some of the weight has gone to her face, and when that happens, ladies, the worst thing you can do is give yourself a Croydon facelift. Pulling your hair that tight just makes your face look fuller. As for Miley's hair… she needs to take some inches off. Her hair looks really gross and damaged.

So, overall… I'm happy to see Miley, and I'm glad she came out for a good cause. But she needs a new style to go with her new curves, and she needs to find some new hair people.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
american_giving_awards_73_wenn3650813 american_giving_awards_72_wenn3650814 american_giving_awards_30_wenn3650646 american_giving_awards_28_wenn3650641 american_giving_awards_25_wenn3650630

LeAnn Rimes in Alaia at the American Giving Awards: fug dust ruffle or kind of cute?

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 12:38 PM PST

These are new photos of LeAnn Rimes last night at the American Giving Awards, where celebrities give awards to "community heroes". Anyhoodle, LeAnn wore this Alaia dress that… I don't hate. I don't hate it ON HER. It would look silly on a more mature woman, what with the little vagina dust ruffle, but for whatever reason, it kind of works on LeAnn. It covers up her bolt-ons and actually makes her look like she's gained a pound or two back. After all of that talk about how much she eats, I think LeAnn accidentally ate some solids. Her arms look improved too. As for the styling – her hair looks great. This is a great length and color for her. The makeup is too much, though. Too much eye stuff, which makes her eyelids even heavier and more squinty.

Meanwhile, LeAnn has a new interview in The Tennessean which you can read in all of its delusional glory here. An example: her BFF Darrell Brown says that LeAnn's 3-year-long rampage of insanity is really a "rebirth". For real. Here are some highlights from the piece:

LeAnn says it’s often hard to “bite my tongue": “I don’t want to talk negatively about anyone at all. It’s not in my nature. And I don’t want the boys to see me ever speaking badly about anyone in their family. It’s hard not to go, ‘Here’s the truth,’ but then it’s someone’s word against my word and people will be split, it will be a big drama, and I don’t want that.”

On getting with Eddie: Rimes is the first to admit that the way she and Cibrian began their relationship wasn’t “the most proper,” but she doesn’t regret the outcome and says she really thinks everyone is in each other’s lives for a reason. “It’s changed me,” she says. “You have no idea how much it’s changed me, but in a good way.”

Being a step-mom: “It’s not like we just have them on the weekends. I do homework and I make lunches and I do normal things you would do as a mom and I enjoy it, that normal life that I’ve never had as a wife or as a mom. I never really knew if I wanted kids or not, because I was so business-focused and … now I have two that aren’t my blood, but really at the end of the day, I love watching them grow and learn, and I love to be a part of teaching them that.”

Wanting to talk about her experiences as a step-parent: “It’s really hard. I’m not going to lie. But I feel the need to actually talk about it sometimes, my happiness with his children, because I do love his kids and because I don’t feel like I could love Eddie and (not love his children). I don’t believe that a marriage and family will work without a stepmother walking into that role and fully giving themselves of time and love. And it’s really a fine line when I have to talk about … when I say ‘my kids,’ but that’s honestly (how I feel). I say that very politely and tread lightly on that because I don’t want to hurt anyone. When I say that and anything I share on Twitter, it’s all out of happiness and just my life. This is my life and our life now.”

Answering Mason & Jake's questions about their dad's relationship: “I know Eddie’s kids will have many questions we will be more than happy to answer, and hopefully they will learn from our mistakes and not make them. But, it’s really not anyone’s business.”

[From The Tennessean]

Does LeAnn really not see that there is a line between being a good step-mother and publicly referring to her step-sons as her own kids? And publicly taunting their mother?

Speaking of, remember how LeAnn had a Twitter hissy fit over a Babble report on Brandi Glanville's claim that Eddie was sending her (Brandi) threatening emails? Well, there's a custody war brewing over the kids' Christmas plans, which was the crux of that previous Twitter hissy. Radar/Star reports that Brandi has threatened Eddie, claiming that if he takes Mason and Jake out of the state for Christmas (he plans on taking them to Aspen), then he'll be in violation of their custody agreement. But! Radar claims that the custody arrangement just forbids either parent from taking the kids out of the country, not out of the state. A source says, "Eddie feels she can’t be reasoned with.” I'm sure we'll be hearing more about this.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3650635 wenn3650535 wenn3650626 wenn3650624 wenn3650648 wenn3650809

Lindsay Lohan’s leaked pictorial causes a major headache for Playboy

Posted: 10 Dec 2011 11:58 AM PST

GO HERE to see Lindsay Lohan's full NSFW Playboy pictorial. Just go and come back, because we have some things to discuss.

You see, I didn't talk about Lindsay Lohan's Playboy shoot on Friday for several reasons – first of all, the full photo shoot was leaked DAYS before Playboy wanted it released, and chances were that Playboy's lawyers were considering lots of legal actions to get the images taken down, considering that most people wouldn't buy the magazine if they could see all of the firecrotchy images online – TMZ even reported that Playboy was "freaking out" because they stand to lose a lot of sales. However, it looks like Playboy has just decided that now that the leaks are already out there, they should just go with it. Hugh Hefner tweeted that LL's pictorial was going online early, the newsstand issues would be released earlier and that the issue “will make the perfect Christmas issue for men in your life – father, son, husband, boyfriend, whoever.”

Another reason I didn't want to talk about it: Crackhead exhaustion. I mean, the "leaks" of the photo shoot are NOT some budget photos-of-photos crap – these are full-on quality scans of the actual magazine. Someone (cough) got their hot little crack hands on an advance of the mag, scanned the pages and released them. It's such an obvious crackie move. She's so obviously pleased with herself.

Now, shall we talk about the actual photo shoot? The shoot is based on the famous (infamous) Marilyn Monroe shoot with photographer Tom Kelley. In Marilyn's shoot, she was very young and fresh-looking, lounging around on satin sheets, looking kittenish and rather adorable. The Cracken photos look like she's been dipped in bleach and flea dip and then Photoshopped within an inch of her life. Don't get me wrong – I was genuinely surprised that her body looks that good. Even if there is the motherlode of 'Shop, LL's got the basics for a bangin' body. I was especially surprised with how pretty her boobs are, honestly.

BUT THE FACE. The face is rough. The face is trashy. The face is all kinds of terrible. Those horrible lips, that red lipstick, the lack of any real seduction or joy in her eyes. She's just awful. Also – she didn't show vadge. Does that matter? The shoot is just all T&A.

I also skimmed the "interview" with LL – I don't even care enough to transcribe it. She compares herself to Marilyn, of course, and talks about how she was really mixed up when she was 18 and 19. No mention of 20-25. One quote: “I have no idea why there is this fascination with everything I do.” BECAUSE YOU'RE A CRACKHEAD MONSTER.

Photos courtesy of Fame, WENN.
blohan1 screee2 screeeee

No comments:

Post a Comment