Thursday, January 26, 2012

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Liam Neeson is considering a conversion to Islam after trip to Istanbul

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 08:59 AM PST

Liam Neeson has the voice, bearing, conscience and heart of a holy man, in my opinion. I could easily see him, in another world, being a parish priest, a bishop, or God knows, even the most rough-and-tumble pope ever. Liam was raised as a strict Roman-Catholic, but it's believed that his faith in the Catholic church has dwindled over the years, and perhaps even faltered completely following the death of his much beloved wife Natasha Richardson. GAH – I just completely lost focus when I went back and re-read Liam's interview with Esquire last year, when he talked at length about Natasha. Anyway, Liam was recently filming in Istanbul, Turkey, and while he was enjoying the location, he found himself incredibly moved by the daily calls to prayer. And now he's thinking of converting?

He may have been named after the local priest in his Irish hometown but Liam Neeson could be leaving his Roman Catholic beliefs behind. The 59-year-old actor is said to be considering converting to Islam following a working trip to Istanbul.

According to The Sun, Neeson admitted that Islamic prayer ‘got into his spirit’ while he was filming in Turkey.

‘The call to prayer happens five times a day, and for the first week, it drives you crazy, and then it just gets into your spirit, and it’s the most beautiful, beautiful thing,’ he said.

‘There are 4,000 mosques in the city. Some are just stunning, and it really makes me think about becoming a Muslim.’

Neeson was raised in Northern Ireland as a devout Roman Catholic due to his parents beliefs.

However, the Taken star has recently spoken about his opinion towards religion.

‘I was reared a Catholic, but I think every day we ask ourselves, not consciously, what are we doing on this planet? What’s it all about?’ he said. ‘I’m constantly reading books on God or the absence of God and atheism.’

The actor was criticised in 2010 after claiming The Chronicles Of Narnia lion, Aslan, who he provided the voice for in the film, was not based on Christ as CS Lewis had claimed but in fact all spiritual leaders including Mohammed.

[From The Mail]

I think he's just talking, you know? He's not like, "I listened to the prayers and I found Allah!" He's just interested, as a student of religion, as a citizen of the world. He's not confined by his Catholic upbringing and he seems to be encouraging the peaceful study of all religions. Or, whatever, he's now a Muslim. What would the world look like if Liam Neeson converted to Islam?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3679189 wenn3680021 wenn3680034

Brad Pitt “doesn’t think he’ll be able to hold out” on marrying Angelina

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 08:30 AM PST

Brad Pitt covers the new issue of The Hollywood Reporter, and this might be one of his best photo shoots in a long time. His scruff is contained, he looks clean and sober and dear God, the man can wear the hell out of a blue shirt. Much like Brad's Parade Magazine interview last year, Brad spends some time talking about how depressed he was when he was married to Jennifer Aniston, only this time he doesn't get so timeline-specific. Brad also discusses how he and Angelina will probably get married someday soon, and how they'll probably have more kids too. You can read the full THR interview here, and here are some highlights:

On fame and art: “I’ve always been at war with myself, for right or wrong,” he admits. “I don’t know how to explain it more. There’s that constant argument going on in your head about this or that. It’s universal. Some people are better at dealing with it, and they sleep with no pain — not pain, arguments. I’ve grown quite comfortable with being at war.”

On politics: Jodi Kantor's new book The Obamas describes Pitt as "awkward" in a meeting with the president. "I probably was — you don't want to impose on a busy man," he says. But, he's more interested in Obama himself, particularly whether the commander in chief has stopped smoking, as Pitt would dearly like to do. While backing Obama, he nonetheless was glued to the Republican debate Jan. 19. "I'm an Obama supporter, no question," he says. "But it doesn't mean there's nothing to learn from the other side."

On religion: All his life, Pitt has learned from the other side. That's what led him to make a leap of non-faith when he rejected his Southern Baptist upbringing. "I grew up very religious, and I don't have a great relationship with religion," he reflects. "I oscillate between agnosticism and atheism." Pitt says differences over religion make his parents, William and Jane, “sad, but I have parents that love me unconditionally.”

He was a depressed pothead in the 1990s: While Pitt’s star ascended with 1992′s A River Runs Through It, 1994′s Legends of the Fall and 1995′s Seven, his personal life declined, even following his 2000 marriage to Aniston. “I got really sick of myself at the end of the 1990s: I was hiding out from the celebrity thing; I was smoking way too much dope; I was sitting on the couch and just turning into a doughnut; and I really got irritated with myself,” he says. “I got to: ‘What’s the point? I know better than this.’ ” Pitt wrestled with dark thoughts: “I used to deal with depression, but I don’t now, not this decade — maybe last decade. But that’s also figuring out who you are. I see it as a great education, as one of the seasons or a semester: ‘This semester I was majoring in depression.’ I was doing the same thing every night and numbing myself to sleep — the same routine: Couldn’t wait to get home and hide out. But that feeling of unease was growing and one night I just said, ‘This is a waste.’ ”

He stopped smoking pot when? A trip to Casablanca, Morocco, in the mid-to-late 1990s, "where I saw poverty to an extreme I had never witnessed before, and we talked about inequality and health care, and I saw just what I felt was so unnecessary, that people should have to survive in these circumstances — and the children were inflicted with a lot of deformities, and things that could have been avoided had become their sentence. It stuck with me." Almost overnight, he decided something had to give. "I just quit. I stopped grass then — I mean, pretty much — and decided to get off the couch."

He started helping people before he met Angelina: “I sought out Bono and sat down with him a few times and got involved in some of the stuff he was doing. But it all started before that. It started with private acts,” which he doesn’t define. Inevitably this led him to Jolie, with whom he starred in 2005′s Mr. & Mrs. Smith. While the tabloids gloat about her effect on Pitt, the two were drawn to each other by corresponding concerns. “That may have been one of the things that brought us together,” Pitt reasons. “Certainly, I’ve met very few people more dedicated than she is. She is always studying issues, daily. She has such compassion for the people she works with.”

He wants to marry Angelina: He oscillates, too, on the subject of whether he'll get married, and it's clear Pitt has shifted from his promise that this won't happen until gay marriage is legalized. "We'd actually like to," he says of his seven-year partner, Jolie, "and it seems to mean more and more to our kids. We made this declaration some time ago that we weren't going to do it till everyone can. But I don't think we'll be able to hold out. It means so much to my kids, and they ask a lot. And it means something to me, too, to make that kind of commitment." Has he asked Jolie to marry him? "I'm not going to go any further," says Pitt. "But to be in love with someone and be raising a family with someone and want to make that commitment and not be able to is ludicrous, just ludicrous."

The Jolie-Pitt kids have stolen his cane: Having children, he says, has been "the most grounding thing." Would he have more? "We haven't closed the book on it. There's a really nice balance in the house right now, but if we see the need and get that lightning bolt that says, 'We can help this person; we could do something here,' then absolutely." It was while carrying Vivienne — one of his children, many adopted, whose ages range from 3 to 10 — that Pitt fell and hurt his knee, causing him to walk with the cane his friend George Clooney spoofed during the Golden Globes. It wasn't a skiing accident, contrary to reports. "I think George went down the line, making things up," Pitt laughs. "I was just walking in our backyard, on a hill, carrying my daughter, and I slipped — and it was those parental instincts: me or her. And she's fine." The cane is nowhere to be seen today, and he jokes about how his children kept stealing it until he gave them canes of their own.

[From The Hollywood Reporter]

I'm just including the tabloid-y highlights, obviously, but if you like Brad and/or you liked Moneyball, you should totally read the full piece, because there's a fascinating backstory as to how Brad personally shepherded that film into existence, and how he was the most hands-on producer ever. I found that very interesting, and it makes sense – part of the reason I loved Brad's performance in Moneyball was because it felt like a "lived in" character for Brad – and he actually had been living and breathing the project for years. Sigh… I really hope he wins the Oscar.

Photos courtesy of THR.
brad6 brad2 brad4 brad5 brad3 brad1

Demi Moore went to the hospital with a seizure due to… whip-its?

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 08:29 AM PST


Did you ever do whip-its, or cheap nitrous oxide, when you were young and stupid? I did, and it was just the one time so I don’t remember much about it but the high was pretty minor and short-lived from what I recall. Apparently whip-its can be extremely dangerous as they temporarily cut off oxygen to the brain. A quick search reveals that the potential side effects include blacking out, seizure and even death. (Just say no to huffing and tell your kids about it!) Well Demi Moore is said to have been doing whip-its right before she suffered a seizure and was rushed to the hospital. And here I was thinking that her issue was prescription drug abuse. Here’s TMZ’s report:

Demi Moore’s friend called paramedics Monday night after the actress inhaled a dangerous amount of nitrous oxide … TMZ has learned.

Sources tell TMZ … one of Demi’s friends who was at her home told emergency workers Demi was doing whip-its. A whip-it is a street name for a type of nitrous oxide inhalant.

The friend said she became upset when Demi had a reaction to a whip-it and lapsed into semi-consciousness.

It appears Demi had symptoms of a seizure — after inhaling the nitrous.

A whip-it is not a common drug among people of Demi’s age and social status. It’s typically used by younger people who are looking for a cheap thrill.

[From TMZ]

I don’t know if I’m buying this explanation as it seems strange. I found at least one story where someone witnessed a co-worker have a seizure after inhaling whip-its, so it’s definitely possible, but cocaine use can also cause seizures. If it’s a made up excuse it’s a clever one as it makes it sound like Demi was just doing something stupid once and that she paid the price. She’s so tiny that any drug must have a big effect on her.

Yesterday we reported on a story in People that claimed that Demi was acting the fool on a night out with her daughter Rumer and Rumer’s buddies just prior to her hospitalization. Demi was said to have been grinding all over a 27 year-old actor, Ryan Rottman, who was last linked to 18 year-old Nickelodeon star Victoria Justice. (Really!) Not to be outdone, US Weekly has news of another wild night out for Demi at the same club, Beachers Madhouse, in which she was dancing on tables while guys watched her. That was on January 11. At an event with Rumer on January 15, Demi is said to have “ordered about a dozen Red Bulls that night.” So she’s drinking tons of Red Bull, hanging out with her 23 year-old daughter’s friends and doing whip-its. Demi definitely wants her youth back.

Meanwhile, you remember how I wrote yesterday that Ashton Kutcher would probably rush to Demi’s side after her hospitalization, if only because it was the right thing to do? Sadly, I was wrong. Ashton is still in Brazil partying with young chicks and he’s still totally ignoring this. He hasn’t even tweeted encouragement to Demi, which makes me sad for her. She’s crying out for help and some kind of acknowledgment.

The photos of Demi in the red dress are from 10-17-11. She’s gained a little much-needed weight in the most recent photos in the black dress, which are from the “Red Bull” night, 1-14-12

Tom Cruise has a father-daughter day at Disneyland with Suri

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 08:24 AM PST

These are some new photos of Tom Cruise and little Suri at Disneyland yesterday. I think these are sweet photos – as much as we bitch and moan about Tom Cruise and his lifts of delusion and his Xenu-centric lifestyle, he's a pretty-hands-on dad, and he adores Suri. I think it's adorable to see a father spending the day with his young daughter doing activities that he knows SHE will enjoy. Although… Suri's got a look on her face like, "I was told there would be more princesses!"

Like Alice herself, Suri Cruise spent the day in wonderland on Wednesday, as her dad Tom Cruise treated her to an outing at Disneyland – including a spin in the Mad Tea Party.

Sporting a purple dress and a pink top with white polka dots, Suri, who’ll be 6 in April, found time to get pink-and-purple face paint in a swirling design around her eyes.

There was no sign of mom Katie Holmes, but Tom, 49, looked relaxed and happy, in jeans and a blue-and-white striped T-shirt, as he enjoyed the father-daughter bonding time at the Anaheim, Calif., resort.

[From People]

See? Nice. Nothing scandalous. Tom just had a day off and decided to spend it with his daughter, who… I guess she's being home-schooled at this point? There were rumors of Suri's enrollment in a Scientology school last year, but Katie seems to have taken Suri out of the school for NY Fashion Week, and then Suri just never returned. Tom is still riding high after Mission: Impossible 4 did so well at the box office – Cruise is back, bitches! So expect more photos of Tom showing off his good-dad cred!

Photos courtesy of WENN.
tom_cruise_013_wenn5785267 wenn5785258 wenn5785263 tom_cruise_017_wenn5785271 wenn5785256

Kristin Cavallari shows off her barely-there baby bump with Jay Cutler

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 07:22 AM PST

Let's just cover all of this Kristin Cavallari stuff right now. I know I'm days late getting to this, and I have two excuses. One, I was sick as a dog with one of the worst stomach flus I've ever had in my life, and two, Kristin Cavallari is barely a celebrity. In her mind, she's like Kim Kardashian or something, some kind of mega-famous reality superstar and everyone pays attention to her comings and goings. At least, that's how she puts herself out there in my mind. Anyway, these are some new photos of Kristin and her on-again fiancé Jay Cutler. After Jay dumped her shortly before their wedding, Kristin ran around, making sure everyone knew that he was a terrible monster and she was just a poor little victim. And then something happened, and they got back together. Why? Don't know.

Here's what I do know – very soon after Jay and Kristin got back together, Kristin made sure she had this thing locked down by getting pregnant in a hurry. Us Weekly initially reported Kristin's pregnancy on Monday, with sources (Kristin herself) telling the mag, "She is really happy. She is in the early stages, but she can’t wait to be a mom. They have just bought a house in Tennessee and can’t wait to start their family.” Kristin and Jay both confirmed the news too. And then TMZ reported this:

If you were surprised to hear Kristin Cavallari was pregnant with Jay Cutler’s baby, you’re not the only one — the couple themselves were shocked by the news … TMZ has learned.

Jay and Kristin announced yesterday they were with child — following a crazy few months where they broke off their engagement, only to announce it was back on.

Sources close to the couple tell TMZ, K&Jay had discussed the possibility of kids — but planned to start cranking ‘em out in a few years … not any time soon.

But shocking as it was, we’re told they’re thrilled with the news … renewing their commitment more than ever to making their relationship work.

If Jay wasn’t locked down before, he sure is now.

[From TMZ]

Sure. I'm positive Jay was surprised. I'm sure Kristin just accidentally went off her birth control or whatever. In any case, it seems like Kristin sure got the news out fast, didn't she? She's not even showing – I bet she's not even two months along. Well played, Kristin?

But that's not all – Jay also took to Twitter to defend his new baby-mama, telling the world, "We couldn’t be more excited. We don’t usually comment on our relationship but for the record I never broke up with Kristin. Its unfortunate some people are saying hurtful things during such a joyous moment in our life.” Ah, right. That's why Kristin was running around to People and Us Weekly, positioning stories about herself after she was dumped. Because she wasn’t dumped at all! It all makes sense now, Jay!

Photos courtesy of Fame.
FP_8649077_VisualFF_Cavallari_Cutler_03_08 FP_8649220_VisualFF_Cavallari_Cutler_06_08 FP_8631640_Cavallari_Kristin_rain_GLO_03_09 FP_8649078_VisualFF_Cavallari_Cutler_04_08

Madonna’s boyfriend speaks: “I have not yet shown the world the extent of my talent”

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 07:14 AM PST


Amazingly, Madonna’s 24 year-old boyfriend, French dancer Brahim Zaibat, (“Jailbait” to many of you) has given an exclusive interview to OK! Magazine. The fact that he’s speaking so openly, along with some of the things he says, makes me think that he and Madonna are over and that he’s cashing in when he can. English is Brahim’s second language, though, and maybe he’s just phrasing things oddly and isn’t really hinting that he’s no longer hitting the gristle. Here’s his interview, and OK! has an exclusive photo of him and everything. He’s really hot looking with piercing brown eyes.

“Hi, how are you?” Those were the first, spellbinding words exchanged between Madonna and her 24 year-old breakdancer boyfriend, Brahim Zaibat – or so Brahim tells OK! in an exclusive interview. The Frenchman met the Material Girl last September at the launch of her ready-to-wear line – and was not especially overwhelmed.

“She was just a woman almost like the others,” Brahim recalls. “An exceptional artist and world-famous, of course, but a woman first. I was just happy to meet her. But not particularly stressed!”

Indeed, Brahim isn’t even a huge fan of Madonna’s musical canon. He wasn’t a gleam in his parents’ eyes when the 53-year-old icon’s first monster hit, “Like a Virgin,” rocked the music world.

“It is not the kind of music I [prioritize] in my iPoad,” he tells OK! “But like everyone else, I know her hit songs.”

The couple is, however, bonded by a mutual devotion to dance.

“Madonna has always been passionate about it,” Brahim says. “Her childhood dream was to become a dancer. It gives us one more thing in common.”

Of course, having such a high profile girlfriend can transform someone’s life overnight. But Brahim insists he’s still the same person he always was.

“I will not say [the romance] is going too fast, but things take their course,” the breakdancer tells OK!.

“Basically, my life has not changed much, and I’ve stayed the same,” adds Brahim, who admits that he has always had a way with the ladies.

“When I was younger, I had a number of female conquests,” he says. “The dance helped me a lot.”

But Brahim says his art means more to him than anything else.

“I am a dancer first,” Brahim declares, adding, “I have not yet shown the world the extent of my talent.”

[From OK! Magazine, print edition, February 6, 2012]

He sounds like a total douche, right? “I had a number of female conquests. I have not yet shown the world the extent of my talent.” Then again Madonna isn’t keeping him around for his conversational skills and sparkling personality. His comment that “Things take their course” make it sound like these two are already broken up, but Brahim attended the W.E. premiere earlier this week, so probably not. At least Madonna kept him away from the red carpet. She doesn’t give her lovers much of the spotlight or make them stars like Clooney does. Madonna is going to whip his ass and take away his allowance for talking out of turn. It almost sounds like he’s disrespecting her here, but she probably likes a little insolence so she can hit back hard and keep her young lovers in line.

Brahim is shown in August with Madonna and in July and September, 2011. Credit: FameFlynet and PacificCoastNews

Jennifer Aniston “jokingly” mocks BFF Chelsea Handler’s lack of talent

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 06:49 AM PST

Jennifer Aniston is still on womb-watch, although I really thought most tabloids were on the same page about Aniston's bump of mystery – most have been claiming that she's already knocked up with Justin Theroux's hipster baby. Some reports have Jennifer already well into her second trimester, and some reports have Justin dumping his pregnant girlfriend because she's been nagging him constantly. Which makes this report from OK! Magazine (via Hollywood Life) kind of a buzz-kill, because they say Aniston is still in the "trying to get there" stages of bump-dom:

Jennifer Aniston thought that she would be engaged to her boyfriend Justin Theroux by now, but Justin has yet to get down on one knee. Now Jen is fearful that Justin isn't the right man for her. But Justin is trying, and willing, to do anything to not lose her including desperately searching for a more than perfect ring.

"It's been a nightmare few weeks for Jen," an insider tells OK! magazine. "She is beside herself with disappointment. Not only did she not get a ring, she barely got anything [for Christmas]! Jen's looking at the relationship with a lot more caution now."

Justin's moody behavior and controlling demeanor are only causing Jen to question him more. "He's moody, he's controlling and he's uncommunicative," explains the insider. "Jen was starting to feel like she'd been suckered again."

But Justin swears he's going to change so that Jen won't leave him. "He's freaked out — terrified that he's going to lose her," continues the insider. "Justin's promised to not be so controlling of her, to give her space."

And he's also going to ask her to marry him as soon as possible. "Justin's been to Tiffany's, Cartier and Harry Winston trying to find the perfect [ring]," says the insider. "He's not planning to just get down on one knee and say, 'Will you marry me?' He's planning an epic showcase to make up for acting like such a jerk."

"He's promised to change and basically give her anything and everything she wants," adds the insider.

But Jen isn't convinced. "She doesn't want a conciliatory proposal," notes the insider. "She wants it done the right way, not as an apology."

"Jen's taking Justin back but doesn't want to go through the same thing she did with Brad [Pitt] — stuck with an insensitive partner who's just going through the motions until they drift apart," says the insider. "Jen won't stand for being messed around with anymore."

[From Hollywood Life]

OMG, Justin Theroux is missing a sensitivity chip! OMG, he's UNCOOL. Whatever. I suspect that JustJen are fine, they're still together, and they will be through the promotion of Wanderlust, perhaps even longer.

Incidentally, it seems like Aniston made a recent appearance to Chelsea Handler's After Lately show. The "gag" of the bit is that as soon as Chelsea leaves the room, Jennifer starts talking smack about her. I don't really find it funny though – because the "gag" criticisms Jennifer uses against Chelsea are true…? When Aniston is told that Chelsea has been really busy, Aniston says in part, “Doing what? I mean, gossiping about more successful people that are better looking than her? Or putting her name on another dumb book to make the world a dumber place? I mean, just ridiculous. 'Hi, I’m Chelsea. I really think that everything I say is funny.’ You know what I mean? It’s a shock that she really still has her own show.” Seriously – is that funny? Or is it just a moment of truth?

Photos courtesy of Fame, WENN, Terry Richardson's Diary.
aniston1 FP_7942846_AnistonJennifer_Shopping_AAR_02_03 wenn3429360

Remember when Lindsay Lohan clipped a baby? The baby’s nanny is suing.

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 06:10 AM PST

Remember back in 2010, when Lindsay Lohan was fresh out of jail/rehab/something, and she had gotten her hot little crack hands on a shiny new Maserati, and within days, she nearly ran over a nanny and a baby in a stroller? Go here and here for the recap – initially, the story was that the Cracken was obviously too cracked-out and entitled to look both ways before making a right on a red. She didn't see the nanny (with the baby in a stroller), and she clipped them. Radar claimed she didn't even stop – she just kept on driving. When Radar approached Camp Linnocent about the incident – which was witnessed by paparazzi! – she claimed, "I don't know what you're talking about." Then, hours later, TMZ magically had a different version of events – they claimed that LL had made a turn on a green light, that the nanny did not have the right of way, so obviously, the Cracken had every right to clip her and the stroller. TMZ also claimed that LL DID stop the car and ask the nanny if she was alright, and then she sped off.

No charges were ever filed in the incident, although it definitely stuck with me as one of LL's nastier moments (in a lifetime full of nastiness). Well, as it turns out, all has not been forgotten! The nanny who got clipped is now suing LL:

After a relatively drama-free 2012 so far, Lindsay Lohan could find herself back in court soon after a woman has filed a lawsuit against her in connection with a car crash, and RadarOnline.com has the legal documents with details of the accusation.

Nubia Del Carmen Preza was allegedly pushing a stroller across an intersection in West Hollywood in September 2010, when the Mean Girls star flew down the road in her Masserati and hit the nanny, catapulting the baby carrier into the air.

The child wasn’t hurt but Preza is claiming injuries, according to legal papers filed with the Los Angeles Superior Court on Wednesday.

Also named in the lawsuit is Black And White Car Rental, the company that provided the troubled actress with the Masserati Granturism that she was driving at the time of the incident.

According to the papers, the “Plaintiff hereby requests a trial by jury.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, Lohan was last in court earlier this month for a progress report related to her probation for separate drunken driving and shoplifting cases, where she recieved a glowing report from Judge Stephanie Sautner.

[From Radar]

TMZ's version is similar, although now they seem to acknowledge that LL did in fact run a red light, so the nanny probably did have the right of way. A witness to the incident told TMZ that the nanny "was in shock and Hispanic so she was scared.” Edit: Some of you are wondering about the “Hispanic” comment – I didn’t make it, and I don’t know what it means. My guess is that the “witness” to the incident assumed the nanny was an illegal alien, and thus, she didn’t want to get law enforcement involved.

Look – you know how much I would love to see this crackhead sued into oblivion and thrown into jail. But that's just not going to happen with a 2-year-old car accident in which no complaint was ever filed in real time. Don't get me wrong, I believe LL clipped a baby, I believe she drove away without caring, I believe she was probably high as a kite at the time of the incident. But I also believe this nanny is probably just looking for a payout.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame.
FP_8593460_Lohan_Lindsay2_court_BJSTFF_15_16 wenn3687014 wenn3687839 FP_8589181_Weinstein_GG_Party_ER_03_90

Beyonce & Jay-Z want Oprah to be Blue Ivy’s godmother

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 05:45 AM PST

We have some assorted Beyonce news today, which makes me happy. Nothing makes me feel less sickly than thinking about the avalanche of lies that Beyonce has surrounded herself with, and where she goes from here. Radar and Media Takeout are reporting that Bey and Jay-Z have decided on little Blue Ivy's godmother – and no, it's not Rihanna. It's not Solange. It's not Kelly Rowland. And it's not even Gwyneth Paltrow. According to these sources, Bey and Jay want Oprah to be Blue Ivy's spiritual guardian! OPRAH.

Though her daddy's got 99 problems, Blue Ivy's led a charmed life so far.

And as if the newborn daughter of Beyonce and Jay-Z didn’t have enough going for her come Christmas time, word has it that she’s about to get a golden godmother: talk show icon Oprah Winfrey.

Mediatakeout.com reports the A-list couple have chosen the legendary media figure as Blue’s godmother, as they’ve grown close to her.

Jay-Z's pal, Tyran "Ty Ty" Smith, is Blue’s godfather, the website reports, noting the power couple wanted to make sure their godparents weren’t blood-related.

The 30-year-old Dreamgirls stunner — checked in under the name "Ingrid Jackson" — delivered the child via Cesarean section earlier this month at Manhattan’s Lenox Hill Hospital, where she and the hubby doled out $1.3 million for use of the facility’s fourth floor.

[From Radar]

Ha, Radar is still sticking with the "Beyonce had a C-section" story even though she claimed Blue Ivy was delivered naturally. As for the Oprah stuff – sure. I could see that. I could also see Kanye West being named the Godfather. What would it be like for little Blue Ivy to have Oprah and Kanye as godparents?

In other Beyonce news, In Touch Weekly reports this week that Bey “hates her body right now,” so she's decided to do the "Master Cleanse" once again. The Master Cleanse is the liquid diet (which Gwyneth is always recommending) which involves "a mixture of water, maple syrup, lemon juice and cayenne pepper for at least ten days. Laxatives, either via pill or a salt water flush, are also part of the program." Do you really believe that Bey would go on The Master Cleanse less than a month after giving birth (naturally!)? Wouldn't it be easier for her to just take off the pillow?

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3621334 wenn3621335 wenn3691611

Star Mag: Gwen Stefani & Gavin Rossdale are probably going to break up

Posted: 26 Jan 2012 04:22 AM PST

Can you believe that Gavin Rossdale and Gwen Stefani have been together for ten years? That's kind of amazing, in the celebrity world and the music world. Although there have been some scandals involving Gwen and Gavin, I always think of them as one of the stronger family units around. Of course, I always thought that about Will Smith & Jada too, and they're probably dunzo. Anyway, over the years, Gwen has had to deal with certain stories about her husband that she may or may not have known about before the stories went public – stuff like Gavin's "one night stand" (or full-on relationship) with a drag queen named Marilyn, his one night stand with a woman that led to his fathering Daisy Lowe, and his relationship with Courtney Love, which may have overlapped with the start of his relationship with Gwen. And given all of these stories, Gwen and Gavin's marriage has suffered, and Star Mag claims they're almost done:

Poor Gwen! Her husband's dark past and infidelities have lead her to reach a breaking point in love, according to a new report in Star magazine.

Gwen Stefani, 42, and Gavin Rossdale, 46, have been in and out of couple's therapy trying to repair their marriage, but a source tells the mag that divorce is "inevitable." And Gwen's brother, Eric Stefani, 44, also agrees that divorce is possible, according to the new report.

"He's just not been honest with her about his past," another source tells the mag.

Two years into the marriage Gwen was hit with Gavin's first secret — that he had a daughter, Daisy Lowe, now 22, by his ex-girlfriend song-writer/designer Pearl Lowe. And then began the rumors about Gavin's affairs. In 2009, 80s cross-dresser Peter Robinson — famously known as Marilyn — revealed he had had a short fling with Gavin, before he married Gwen. And in 2010, Gavin confirmed the affair in an interview with Details magazine claiming it was a one-time experimentation when he was 17-years-old.

"That was it. You have to know what you like, and I know what I like," Gavin said in the Details interview.

Right after Marilyn spoke out, Courtney Love, 47, claimed on the Howard Stern show that she had an eight-month affair with Gavin while he was dating Gwen.

"You mean he was having sex with you while he was with her?" Howard asked.

"Everyone … yeah … and a few other people," Courtney said to Howard. "We didn't have a lot of pressure on each other, but we did like each other quite a bit."

Yikes! With all of these secrets revealed way after the two had married, Gwen now fears what else he has hiding in the closet.

"Gwen often wonders what other secrets Gavin is hiding. It's getting harder and harder for her to go through the motions with a man she sometimes feels like she doesn't even know," a source tells Star.

Gwen and Gavin married in 2002 after meeting in 1995 when their rock bands – No Doubt and Bush — were on tour together, before Gwen turned into a rock star in her own right. Aside from Gavin's secrets, her newfound success has also caused tension between the two.

"When they got together, it was Gavin who had the big career," the source tells the mag. But now that the tables have turned and Gwen is more famous than Gavin and that's "been a really hard journey for him."

For now, Gavin is preparing to go on tour with his band Bush while Gwen stays at home with their sons, Zuma, 3, and Kingston, 5.

[From Hollywood Life]

What to say about this? I wouldn't be upset or shocked if they split up, but it's going to take more than a ham-fisted Star Magazine story to make me believe that Gavin and Gwen are going to throw away their ten-year marriage. Call me a romantic, but I think they've weathered their rough patches rather well, and I think they've still got some years left together.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3354432 wenn3351453 wenn3627464 wenn3667552 wenn3667544

No comments:

Post a Comment