Thursday, June 28, 2012

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Kelly Osbourne admits to getting drunk over distress at Jack’s MS diagnosis

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 08:44 AM PDT

Kelly Osbourne

Jack Osbourne has recently opened up about his Multiple Sclerosis diagnosis, and he’s further commented that his parents, Ozzy and Sharon, handled it worse than he did. Jack has also stressed that his condition is not a death sentence, and he’s correct. Even though the quality of life severely deterioriates as the illness progresses, doctors have concluded that those with MS have a nearly normal life expectancy.

Still, one can understand why Kelly Osbourne would be particularly distressed at her brother’s diagnosis. She and Jack have always been very close, and about a week ago, Kelly was spotted taking a “sobriety break” while getting drunk on a first-class plane trip, and her spokesman initially denied the eyewitness report:

Kelly Osbourne

Kelly Osbourne has been on the wagon for three years – and she did not break her sobriety June 19 while on a flight from Los Angeles to Atlanta, the reality TV star representation told MailOnline.

“This is not true,” her spokesperson said.

Star Magazine reported Kelly, cracking under the pressure of her brother Jack Osbourne’s devastating diagnosis of multiple sclerosis, drank so much alcohol during the four-hour June 19th flight that she was “mumbling and her makeup was a mess.”

The magazine said when the 27-year-old Fashion Police star – who went through rehab twice, the last time in 2009 – boarded the flight, she looked calm and cool.

“She was gorgeous when she got on the flight,” it quotes an eyewitness as saying. “Her makeup was impeccable, her hair was up in a smart-looking bun and she was wearing cool shades.”

While on the flight, however, Kelly began ordering drinks, the magazine alleges.

“I saw a flight attendant bring alcoholic beverages over to Kelly’s section in First Class at least four or five times,” the witness is quoted. “And when we landed just after midnight, her assistant, who flew with her, had to help her off the plane.”

Continued the witness: “Kelly’s hair was hanging down, she was mumbling and her makeup was a mess. The guard and her assisant supported her under each arm and basically swaying from side to side.”

Kelly openly admitted she was frazzled when she boarded. “I hate flying on old planes it makes it even more scary!” she tweeted June 19th. The next day the daughter of rocker Ozzie Osbourne again tweeted of being uptight. “Had a nerves breakdown yesterday that was cool!cool! #Not.”

[From Daily Mail]

After Star’s report came out, Kelly backtracked on her spokesperson’s initial statement. She spoke to Radar online and came clean about why she got drunk on that plane. Apparently, a fellow approached her with some information about an MS website, and when she looked up the site after boarding the plane, she (in her words) “lost it“:

Kelly Osbourne is speaking out and admitting exclusively to RadarOnline.com that she was drunk on a plane recently, but explains the heartbreaking details that led up to her breakdown when she “lost it.”

In a candid interview, Kelly opened up about what happened to cause her to turn to alcohol.

“The first thing I want to say is the only reason I’m being so honest and telling you what happened is because I don’t think it’s fair for me to lie. I’m not going to say I didn’t do something when I did it.

“I got drunk on the plane to Atlanta,” Kelly said in a no-holds barred exclusive interview with RadarOnline.com, and she revealed why.

“It was on an empty stomach, and before I got on the plane a gentleman came up to me and asked me how my brother was doing and told me about his brother having MS (Multiple Sclerosis) and directed me towards a website.

“On the plane I started looking at the website. It described how bad certain cases of MS got, and it made me lose it because I’ve sat through my mother having breast cancer, my dad almost dying from a bike accident, and now it’s my brother who’s my best friend. I lost it,” Kelly frankly admitted.

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, on June 19 while flying from LAX to Atlanta, a fellow passenger on the plane noticed Kelly consuming alcohol, crying and being helped while she walked off the plane.

The daughter of Sharon and Ozzy Osbourne and brother to Jack Osbourne said that she doesn’t want her brother's medical condition to be her cop-out for getting drunk.

“I hate the fact that I’m sitting here right now, and that’s even an excuse because it’s not an excuse.”

Kelly has spent time in a rehab center, but she spoke candidly about the fact that she drinks alcohol, but said her actions on the plane were not of a crazed drunk person.

“I have not lied about it. I have the occasional drink. I will never lie about that. That’s my choice that I make and I’m an adult and I have to be responsible for my actions. But it’s not like I was f*cking claiming there was a colonial woman on the wing. Like I was so out of it they had to land the plane or something. I got drunk on a plane, big deal.”

“The way I live my life after going to rehab is not the way that most people do. It isn’t. Yes, I still drink and I’ve always said that. I do have the occasional drink. I’m not using, I haven’t. I won’t. I’m not going to do that. I had a moment of just is this really happening to me all over again? And unfortunately it was in front of everyone.”

“I’m not one of those starlets that's drinking vodka out of a water bottle thinking no one knows. If I’m going to have a f*cking drink, I’m 27 years old. I’m going to have one. Unfortunately I decided to have one on a plane to Atlanta and burst into tears.”

Kelly did say her only concern was her brother Jack and making sure that he understood what happened.

“I can't stand knowing that he probably is thinking that it was because of him being diagnosed that I made a fool of myself. I made a fool of myself regardless of Jack and I hate that that’s even out there.”

[From Radar Online]

I’ve always wondered how some people manage to complete alcohol rehab and still occasionally knock back a drink or two. Drew Barrymore, the queen of childhood rehab, now indulges in the same way and has even launched her own brand of Pinot Grigio, so I guess it works for some people depending on what drove them to drink in the first place. I don’t know — I’m not an expert, but I find it hard to blame Kelly for drinking in this instance. If my brother was diagnosed with MS, I’d probably hit the bottle as well.

Kelly Osbourne

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet

FFN_RIJ_OSBOURNE_082211jpg_7772021 FFN_RIJ_OSBOURNE_082211jpg_7771955 FFN_Miss_USA_RIA_060312_9151555

Jessica Simpson claims Weight Watchers hasn’t put “any pressure” on her

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 08:31 AM PDT

Ever since Jessica Simpson's Weight Watchers endorsement deal was folded into her People Magazine reveal of baby Maxwell, I've described the weight loss deal as a "bounty on Jessica's head" and "setting herself up to fail." In my defense, I think time may prove me right. But for now I have to backtrack and allow Jessica to defend her weight loss plans because she wants everyone to know that Weight Watchers is NOT holding her hostage and forcing her to go to the gym at gunpoint. YET.

[Via Jessica's Twitter]

“Just so everyone knows . . . Weight Watchers hasn’t put ANY pressure on me! I’m trying to be as healthy as I can be for myself and I feel great.” Do you think Jessica is telling the truth? Eh. I think Weight Watchers is probably being nice about everything now. But a few months from now, it might get rough. Like, the lawyers might get involved and there might be threats of withdrawing Jessica's endorsement and contract. Or… Jessica could do really well on the program. It works for many women, and maybe Jessica is the kind of person who does well with the structure of Weight Watchers. Have you noticed that Jessica and Weight Watchers haven't released any specific goals to the public? The tabloids claim Jessica wants to lose 50 pounds in five months, but I suspect that whatever Jessica manages to lose will be considered a "win" for WW and they'll just claim that was her goal anyway, after the fact.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet, PCN.
jessica 1 jess 3 maxi jessica 2

Jennifer Lopez’s glittery bodysuit on tour: unflattering and tacky?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 08:04 AM PDT

Don't even start with me! I love Jennifer Lopez's curves. I think she has always had an amazing body, and she still has an amazing body. What I absolutely hate is how she clothes her curves. I consistently find her style so, so tacky. And her costume choices for her tour are no different. A glittery catsuit? RLY?!? Anyway, these are just a few photos of J.Lo on stage in Rio de Janeiro. It's unflattering.

In other J.Lo news, did you hear the story about her toilet seat? I feel like we've covered this before, but no… I feel that way because every diva has a crazy tour rider these days. Anyway, J.Lo is apparently requiring her own special toilet seat on tour. Is that crazy? Or is it understandable? Because I can't decide anymore.

Jennifer Lopez refuses to use any toilet unless it is fitted with her own special seat, according to reports. Apparently the star makes sure she always has access to her own potty cover to ensure a germ-free bathroom experience.

A source told The Sun newspaper: ”Jennifer is a clean-freak and doesn’t like putting her bum on any toilet unless it’s on her own custom-made seat. It’s a cover made to fit any loo.”

The actress and singer is well-known for wanting to protect her prize possession.

Jennifer’s ex-boyfriend Ben Affleck was rumoured to have purchased a gem-encrusted portable device for her to use while travelling the world. At the time of their dating, the actor allegedly paid $105,000 in 2003 for the gem-studded toilet seat, featuring rubies, sapphires, pearls and a diamond.

A source told The National Enquirer: ”The stones are set inside the plastic, so Jennifer’s behind won’t get scratched.”

He told a friend: ”Jennifer is my princess and she deserves only the best — even when it comes to toilets.” Designed by Ben himself, the report added that the stones were set inside the plastic, so Jennifer’s behind wouldn’t get scratched.

[Via Contact Music]

Yeah, so maybe I just wanted to talk about that rider rumor because of the old school Bennifer information. It wouldn't surprise me at all to learn that Ben had gotten Jennifer a diamond-encrusted toilet seat. Do even remember what Bennifer 1.0 was like? I do. They were magical!!

Meanwhile, Jennifer has announced plans to release a "Greatest Hits" album. I saw you roll your eyes!! Seriously, she has hits. The album will be released next month. Go here to read more about it and her tour.

Photos courtesy of Pacific Coast News.
80333PCN_JLo14 80333PCN_JLo12 80333PCN_JLo02

Chris Evans: “I like women who get emotional about babies and puppies”

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 07:26 AM PDT

When Chris Evans was on the promotional trail for The Avengers, certain things became obvious. Like, we now know that he's a really neurotic bastard. We also know that he's single and ready to mingle, but he's looking for his perfect girl who has an other-worldly blend of traits. It seems that Chris is looking for a Boston Girl who always has wet hair, wears sweatpants and who will "give me a hard time, bust my chops a little." He likes girls who "make fun of themselves." And most of all, he says, "I just want someone with a good soul. That's about it. The rest I'm really flexible on. I like a good ass, though. I will say that. I can say that? I like a big ass." So, there you go. Big ass, from Boston, just out of the shower, wearing sweatpants, willing to bust his chops and willing to be made fun of. But wait! Chris has another requirement:

Chris Evans is a man who knows what he wants.

In a new interview with Women’s Health, The Avengers actor, 31, admits he’s ready to settle down, but he’s yet to meet The One. “I like women who get emotional about babies and puppies. I’ve met some incredibly cool women who are tough, but the woman you marry should have a really soft side.”

Evans — who once dated his London costar Jessica Biel — despises “arrogance and false modesty” in relationships. “Nothing is worse than a beautiful girl fishing for compliments by saying how gross she is. On the flip side, I find genuine humility and modesty attractive.”

The Boston native doesn’t like when a woman plays hard to get, either. “I hate that!” he says. “I just don’t like games in general.”

After all, Evans has nothing to hide. “I’m a pretty decent tap dancer,” he reveals to Women’s Health. “I enjoy all types of dancing, actually. I get a couple of drinks in me and I stand up — it just happens.”

[From Us Weekly]

Love the Jessica Biel name-check. As for Chris's requirements – I don't think they're any big deal, mostly because I fall into many of these categories. I have a big ass. I was born in Boston, Massachusetts (although I self-identify as Southern, having lived in the South most of my life). I'm wearing sweatpants right now, and my hair is still damp from a morning shower. I can bust chops too, although I do find it difficult to have my chops busted. I don't cry over babies. I do cry over puppies and kittens though. And I cry at those Olympics commercials about "The hardest job is the best job" motherhood thing. Those commercials are KILLING ME at the gym. I've burst out in tears on the treadmill watching them. So… basically, I'm Chris Evans' perfect bitch. Come and get me, you neurotic bastard. YEAH I SAID IT.

Also – I don't want to talk about the gonorrhea thing. We'd probably get a letter from his lawyer about it anyway. All I'll say is that gonorrhea is totally treatable and it's not a total dealbreaker.

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN.
wenn5738753 wenn3823146 FFN_KMFF_TheAvengers_Prem_041112_8974411

Ann Curry cries on her final day on ‘Today’, she’ll still work for NBC News

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 06:59 AM PDT

The Firing of Ann Curry has come to its logical end, with Ann given a chance to say goodbye to viewers this morning, live on air. TMZ claimed that NBC was hellbent on getting Ann off the air by Friday, and it looks like Ann and NBC were able to work out a deal late last night. Ann gave a pre-interview to USA Today before her goodbye – it's a very sympathetic piece, a lengthy piece in which Curry is given a chance to defend herself and discuss in vague terms what her new relationship will be with NBC. You see, she's not really leaving, like sources claimed she wanted to leave completely with a $20 million golden parachute. Curry and NBC worked out a deal where (I think) she got a fraction of that, plus a job "leading a seven-person unit with a ticket to cover the world’s biggest stories, from the civil uprising in Syria to the plight of the poor in America. She’ll produce network specials and pieces for NBC Nightly News, Dateline, Rock Center— and Today— and she’ll occasionally fill in as anchor on Nightly News and elsewhere."

Curry also told USA Today that she doesn't know "who has been behind the leaks, but no question they’ve hurt deeply.” She talks a lot about how she wasn't given a chance to "work out the kinks" as co-anchor and she wished she had more time. You can read the full USA Today piece here.

Then, this morning Curry said goodbye on Today. She was very emotional, and I did end up feeling sorry for her. It sucks that everything played out so publicly, and it sucks that her reputation has taken such a hit – although, to be fair to NBC, her reputation was taking hits every day she was on the air as co-anchor. Here's the video and some highlights:

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

Ann Curry will no longer co-host the Today show – effective immediately.

“This is not easy to say,” a choked-up Curry, 55, announced on Thursday’s show, as her costars sat on the sofa next to her. She said Thursday would be her last day as a regular on the show, but “I will still be part of the Today show family, in a different role.”

She said she has been “given a fancy new title” and will roam the globe for NBC, reporting the news.

With tears in her eyes, she expressed her gratitude and love for the viewers and the behind-the-scenes staff, and said, “To those of you who saw me as a groundbreaker, I am sorry that could not carry the ball across the finish line – but, man, did I try. I will keep trying and I’m so sorry I turned into a sob sister this morning. I am so grateful especially to all of you who watch,” she said. “We often call ourselves a family but you are the real Today show family. I have loved you and I have wanted to give you the world and I still do.”

Curry’s announcement comes after several days of news stories tracking the behind-the-scenes machinations of her departure. These have included unconfirmed reports that she will be succeeded by Savannah Guthrie, who currently is the show’s legal analyst and 9 a.m. anchor.

Curry assumed the co-anchor seat next to Matt Lauer, 54, slightly more than a year ago, when Meredith Vieira tended her resignation, for personal reasons. Since Vieira’s departure, Today ratings have slipped, and recently have been either neck-and-neck or even trailing those of ABC rival Good Morning America.

Ann Curry said goodbye to “Today” today — hours after her lawyer negotiated her exit from the show — sobbing as she told viewers, “I’m sorry I couldn’t carry the ball over the finish line, but man did I try.”

[Via People & TMZ]

So, it's over. Everyone says Savannah got the gig and TMZ claims that Natalie Morales is fine with it, and she'll be staying on too. Such a wicked web that Matt Lauer weaves… but NBC values him, and Lauer gets to write his own ticket. It's always been said that Lauer renegotiated his contract several months ago with the provision that Curry would definitely have to go – so I find it particularly cold that he could sit there, beside a weeping Curry, acting like he was so sorry that she was put in this position. SO GLIB.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5860719 wenn5864804 wenn5831272

Amber Heard & her girlfriend are over, Amber & Johnny Depp are “100% dating”

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 04:30 AM PDT

Ever since the tabloids began claiming that Amber Heard and Johnny Depp were in the midst of some kind of torrid affair, naysayers have fallen back on the "But she's a lesbian!" argument. Except, as I've noted before, Amber doesn't self-identify as gay. She's said before that she's had relationships with men and women, which makes her a bisexual in my book (I keep a book on these matters). The naysayers also claimed that Amber could not be boning Johnny because she was involved with a woman, Tasya van Ree, for several years spanning Amber's friendship with Johnny. Well… here's one question answered. In Touch (via Starpulse) claims that Amber and Tasya are over. And they've been over for a while.

Actress Amber Heard has split from her girlfriend, according to a report. The blonde beauty started dating artist Tasya van Ree in 2008, when she ‘came out’ as a lesbian at gay rights advocate GLAAD’s 25th anniversary bash.

Nevertheless, Heard and van Ree reportedly went their separate ways earlier this year. A source tells In Touch magazine, “They are no longer in a relationship.”

The split fuels rumors linking Heard to her The Rum Diary co-star Johnny Depp, who confirmed earlier this month that he and longtime partner Vanessa Paradis had broken up after 14 years.

[Via Starpulse]

So… Amber and Tayse were done earlier this year. I always thought the Depp-and-Heard stories had some merit, and this helps solidify it in my mind. I'm not saying that Johnny left Vanessa Paradis for Amber, or that Amber left Tayse for Johnny. Quite the contrary – I think Johnny has been fooling around with lots of women, and lord knows who Amber's been hitting up. But I do think they had something. And maybe they still do. In addition to that, E! News confirmed a story that originated in the British tabloids – Johnny bought Amber a horse! E! News has a source who claims that Johnny bought Amber a horse so "Heard can join him on the trails" in New Mexico, Arizona and Colorado where he's filming The Lone Ranger. Hm.

Plus, I got the chance to read Us Weekly's full cover story on the Depp-Paradis situation – we discussed parts of it yesterday. Us Weekly's sources really do come out and verify that Depp fooled around with "an extra" on POTC: On Stranger Tides named Antoinette Kalaj, although her rep denies it. A source claims that Johnny "would fly her on his jet to meet him." Eh. Us Weekly also says Amber was one of his conquests. A source says Amber and Johnny have been hooking up for months and "he's smitten by her." The claim is that Johnny and Amber didn't sleep together until the publicity tour for The Rum Diary began last year, and that they're still seeing each other now with a source confirming, "They are 100 percent dating. He treats her really well." Johnny has also been hitting the booze. Hard.

Johnny and Vanessa's bickering led to vicious wars. "They'd have blazing fights," says a friend. "Vanessa would take her frustrations out on him." Depp, in turn, reached for the bottle. "He started to drink heavily," says the friend. The booze only ratcheted up the screaming matches. Says a source, "Vanessa wanted him to change and stop drinking."

Meanwhile, Johnny was only concerned with shielding his children from his pain. "Rather than be in a dark and brooding mood around his kids, he would disappear to London and NYC. He wouldn't contact Vanessa because he knew she'd give him hell. It broke Johnny's heart that the family he loves so much was becoming fractured. For a time, he hoped they'd work it out."

[Via Us Weekly, print edition]

There's a lot of pity-poor Johnny stuff in there, but I did find one detail interesting. The entire gist is that it was VANESSA and not Johnny who wanted out, and that Vanessa was pushing the whole split, ever since 2010 basically. Allegedly, Vanessa told Johnny in 2010 that she wanted out for good, but they "agreed the kids' lives shouldn't be affected. That's why they didn't announce it."

Photos of Johnny and Amber, and Amber and Tayse, courtesy of WENN, Fame/Flynet.
FFN_flynet_rumdiary_110311_flynetuk_50733886 FFN_CHP_RumDiary_110811jpg_8140773 wenn3600258 wenn3883906 wenn3352389

John Edwards’ daughter told him to dump Rielle Hunter or she’d never speak to him

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 04:30 AM PDT


When Elizabeth Edwards died in December, 2010, her oldest daughter, Cate, was 28 and a Harvard Law school graduate. She also had daughter Emma, then 12, and son Jack, who was 10 at the time. So two of her children were still quite young and she wanted to make sure that they would be well cared for when she died. The Enquirer reported that her will stipulated that “any decisions John makes regarding their younger children must be approved by their daughter Cate.” Elizabeth was reportedly close to Cate, and made sure that her daughter would carry on her wishes after she passed. This included making sure that her husband’s mistress Rielle Hunter and her illegitimate child did not move into the family mansion, that John never married Rielle, and that John’s daughter with Rielle would not inherit any money intended for John and Elizabeth’s children. This part of the Enquirer’s report spells it out, and it’s good:

Elizabeth worked with her lawyers to amend her will to prevent John from pocketing part of the couple’s $53 million fortune if he marries Rielle or lives with her, said the source.

“She also made sure none of the money earmarked for their children ever goes to Rielle’s daughter,” the close source divulged…

“Elizabeth understood John’s responsibility to care for Quinn, but she’s gone to her grave satisfied that the child will never receive any funds intended for their own children,” said the source.

Meanwhile, Elizabeth also ensured that neither John nor Rielle can touch the family’s multi-million-dollar 28,2000-square foot mansion on 102 acres in Chapel Hill, said the source.

“Elizabeth specified that John cannot call off the sale and move in Rielle and their daughter. That house, along with the family’s vacation home on Figure Eight Island, is now off limits to Rielle,” the source revealed.

[From The National Enquirer, print edition, December 27, 2010]

So we know Elizabeth was very concerned about Rielle moving in with John, and that she tried to ensure that John would not give this nasty woman any kind of legitimacy or money beyond monthly child support. That’s why I love this story that Elizabeth’s oldest daughter, Cate, now 30, told her dad to dump Rielle after she came out with that horrible book trashing Elizabeth. As we know, he did dump the bitch. Here’s the story, via Radar:

Cate Edwards pressured her father John to call things off with Rielle Hunter, after the baby mama’s new book disrespected the memory of Cate’s late mother Elizabeth Edwards, calling her “a witch on wheels,” among other things.

Insiders tell the National Enquirer that following the release of the controversial book What Really Happened, Cate “feels she received the ultimate slap in the face after she was by her father’s side for six long weeks during the criminal trial.”

“She’s told pals she’ll be there for her little brother and sister (Jack, 12, and Emma Claire, 14, respectively) but isn’t going to speak to her father unless he breaks it off with Rielle,” insiders tell the National Enquirer.

This is not the first time Cate, 30, has made clear her thoughts of Rielle, as she forbid her father from inviting her to her wedding last fall. (John’s and Rielle’s daughter Frances Quinn was invited, but did not go.)

As previously reported, in Rielle’s new book she expresses little remorse about sleeping with a then-married Edwards, even deducing Elizabeth should have been wise to John’s cheating because of her own desolate bed.

“If you aren’t having sex with your partner,” she explains, “chances are high someone else is.”

[From Radar Online]

John was weak enough to take up with this creature, he probably wouldn’t have dumped her without this ultimatum from his daughter. It’s not like he wasn’t screwing whomever would have him on the side, but in her mind Rielle was the head bitch. The rest of us just know her as a head case.

The only photos we have of Cate are from her wedding day in October, 2011. Her dress and her bridesmaids’ dresses are so pretty! It’s sad that her mother couldn’t have been there. Here’s Rielle at the airport in NY on 6-26-12. I bet that dark-haired woman behind her is the nanny. John Edwards is shown in 2007. Credit: FameFlynet, PRPhotos and Pacific Coast News

John Edwards's Daughter Cate Edwards Gets Married John Edwards's Daughter Cate Edwards Gets Married Rielle Hunter makes her way home with daughter Quinn after making the rounds in New York to promote her book "What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me" John Edwards speaking in Los Angeles. John Edwards's Daughter Cate Edwards Gets Married Rielle Hunter makes her way home with daughter Quinn after making the rounds in New York to promote her book "What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me" John Edwards speaking in Los Angeles. John Edwards's Daughter Cate Edwards Gets Married Rielle Hunter makes her way home with daughter Quinn after making the rounds in New York to promote her book "What Really Happened: John Edwards, Our Daughter and Me" John Edwards's Daughter Cate Edwards Gets Married John Edwards's Daughter Cate Edwards Gets Married 2007 Time Magazine's 100 Most Influential People Gala - Arrivals

The real cost of Duchess Kate’s style over one year: $163,000

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 04:28 AM PDT

Earlier this week, we discussed the Duchess Kate story about exactly WHO pays for her wardrobe, and how much she's spending. As it turns out, Kate's public style (the clothes she wears for public appearances) is being entirely funded by Prince Charles through his Duchy of Cornwall estate. Sources claim that Kate has already spent $45,000 on clothes – in just this year. I discussed my issues with this – go here to review. Once again, I think that number is probably in line with what a fashion-forward princess/duchess should/could spend in six months… if only Kate worked a little bit more, she might be seen as "deserving" of that kind of wardrobe and extravagance. However, this is a woman who has barely held a real job EVER, and who barely makes one public appearance a week on average.

But the anal retentive math geniuses at The Mail decided to review a different set of criteria – how much has Kate spent over the course of the past 12 months, including the cost of new jewelry, hats, fascinators, clothes, purses and shoes. They have an honest-to-God LIST, broken down, of all of the stuff Kate has worn – go here to see it. The price tag for The Year of Waity? More than $163,000. For real. Of course, this harsh accounting came with a pro-Kate propaganda piece:

So it's estimated that Kate's clothing has cost Prince Charles £35,000 just since the beginning of the year. It is a princely sum. But Femail has delved more deeply into the Duchess of Cambridge's wardrobe, and discovered that the ensembles she has worn over the past 12 months come in at just over £105,000.

While Prince Charles will have footed the bill for the outfits Kate wore to official functions, it is unclear who will have covered the cost of the rest, though they will include items she owned before she joined the Royal Family. But, whatever the answer, it's still a staggering amount to spend on clothes, jewellery and accessories — especially in a recession, when so many are going without more basic day-to-day requirements.

Yet I maintain that we shouldn't accuse Kate of unnecessary extravagance. She never accepts discounts or freebies, and nor should she. This is the practice by which most celebrities and fashion editors manage to look so good: Kate has to remain above such bribery.

Besides, we haven't asked Charles to sell his Aston Martin; nor should we ask William and Kate to move into a Barratt home so that Kensington Palace can be made into a dorm for the homeless. Clothes may seem frivolous, but what Kate wears is so much more visible, and vital, than where she lives and what she drives. She is now — like it or not — an ambassador for Britain. What she wears is not about being attainable on the High Street; it is about being breathtaking. She needs to have the 'wow' factor. So to those members of the PC brigade, who presumably wear sackcloth, eat only gruel and insist Kate should not be spendthrift in a time of need, I say: 'Poppycock!'

We need our morale raising, and our biggest industry — retail — needs boosting, especially as it is the largest employer of women in this country, and it is women who are being hardest hit by the downturn. During the Thirties' Depression, people turned to the cinema and the likes of Carole Lombard, dressed in liquid satin, for escapism — a hit of much-needed glamour. Today, Kate is that superstar. Not a style-setter, but a nation-saver.

I actually wish Kate would spend more of her father-in-law's money, and develop an intimate relationship with one or two couturiers, so all her clothes are made-to-measure, not off the peg. I also wish she would experiment more with colour: too often, she is in dove grey. She can afford to inject frivolity into her wardrobe, and add zing to her choice of shoes: I beg her to abandon those nude LK Bennett 'Sledge' courts at once. Above all, I'd like Kate to remember she is still a very young woman, with a fabulous figure. She needs to abandon the Chanelesque wool coats with no shape: I see her as a new Grace Kelly, not following in the footsteps of Carla Bruni, the Queen or even Diana. She must be her own person: a goddess and, yes, a clothes horse. There is no better boost for the economy, or our national psyche.

[From The Mail]

Carole Lombard actually worked for a living. She bought her own clothes, or borrowed them from the studio (and returned them later). I'm just sayin'. Anyway, this was just to let you know – months ago, I was joking that the royal propagandists were going too far by praising Kate for the most mundane things. I joked that people acted like Kate's hair style was "The Hair That Saved A Nation." But really, that's what it's come to. I can't believe someone is falling all over themselves to praise Kate for spending all of this money, none of it her own, and with so little to show for it with, you know, actual WORK.

And we’re still not talking about how much she spends on hair, makeup, skin care, dental work, “princess training”, voice lessons, etc, etc.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5806740 wenn3848265 wenn3780956 wenn3783940 wenn3786951

Blake Lively in yellow Gucci at NY premiere of ‘Savages’: lovely & sunny?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 04:27 AM PDT

Finally! Blake Lively is wearing Gucci! I was wondering why she didn't go for Gucci at the LA premiere of Savages, considering it was just announced last week that Blake has been made the new face of a new Gucci perfume. And here she is, representing her contract, at last night's NYC premiere of Savages. She chose well, I think. I like this dress – this shade of yellow seems like the kind of color only a blonde can really pull off. The cut is lovely, Blake isn't falling out, she looks summery and pretty. I basically have no major complaints here. The bracelets are excessive, but that's a minor thing. I even kind of like Blake's giant braided ponytail. It's eye-catching and unique.

As for the rest of the premiere-goers… no Salma Hayek. No Benicio del Toro. No Aaron Johnson. Just Blake and Olivier Stone (not pictured, because I doubt anyone cares), plus Taylor Kitsch (he looks like he's gaining weight, right?) and John Travolta. JT is wearing the same busted toupee he wore for the LA premiere. But this time he didn't have his wife attached to him. I guess JT wanted to have some solo "boy time" in New York. Maybe New York has really world-renowned masseurs. Cough.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn5870529 wenn5870570 wenn5870566 wenn5870569 wenn5870606 wenn5870564 wenn5870545

Is Miley Cyrus living on 500 calories a day & working out 3 hours a day?

Posted: 28 Jun 2012 04:26 AM PDT

These are some new photos of Miley Cyrus and her fiancé (y'all!) Liam Hemsworth at last night's LA event, "Australians In Film Awards & Benefit Dinner at InterContinental Hotel". Honestly, Miley and Liam were the two biggest stars at the event. And I have to admit… they looked really cute together. I loathe Miley's Totally '80s dress (by Zimmerman), but I like her hair and her makeup, and I do think she's trying to look more mature and "classy" now that she's engaged. She just wants to show off her hot Pilates body too. There are better ways, Miley. As for Liam… is it okay if I think he has a better face than his big brother Chris? Chris has the face of a meathead caveman. Liam is sort of caveman-esque too, but there's more "pretty" happening there.

In other Liam and Miley news, the tabloids have some assorted stories this week. According to Star, Liam is "worried" about Miley's dramatically shrinking figure and Liam is "threatening" to call off the wedding if she doesn't gain some weight back. A source tells Star (via HL), "The ridiculous thing is, she started this regimen because she was worried Liam would fall for his [Hunger Games] co-star Jennifer Lawrence. She decided that the only way to keep him was to get the best body of her life." Allegedly, Miley is now living on 500 calories a day and she works out for up to three hours a day. Hm. I think Miley is on that weird diet, but I think she's probably eating regularly, and she's getting more than 500 calories a day. But I do think she's working out A LOT.

Also, there's a story about Miley wanting to take a break from Hollywood and the music industry, allegedly. A "friend of Miley" told HL, "Miley is on a break from show business… Miley is done! She is tired and wants to live a normal life. She feels like she never had a childhood and wants to just be normal right now and spend time with her fiancé. She is kind of rebelling right now. Everyone wants her to do an album and she's like 'Whatever!' She is just tired and exhausted and wants a normal life. Can you blame her?!" While I don't and wouldn't blame her if she felt this way (in fact, I'm pretty jealous of her life), Miley is totally working on a new album. She's focused on music, and… I don't know how it's going to work out.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3967319 wenn3967327 wenn3967322 wenn3967084 wenn3967088

No comments:

Post a Comment