Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Lea Michele covers Nylon, talks diva rumors: ‘I’m really proud of who I am’

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 08:35 AM PDT

I know I yell at or about Lea Michele a lot, but I do have some nice stuff to say about her. For one, I think she's a pretty girl. She has beautiful eyes, great hair and lovely skin, and with her small, petite frame, she should be able to pull off some really great fashion. Unfortunately, Lea often gets it wrong when she's styling herself, or being styled by others. Take a gander at this Nylon pictorial, for the September issue. Look at how awful her hair looks. Look at the weird/bad lighting that makes her look tired, drawn and sallow. She is a lot prettier than Nylon has made her look.

As for the interview… well, Lea never gives a good interview, in my opinion. She's very full of herself in general, but she's also kind of neurotic. She wants to come across as a self-confident free-spirit, but… that's just not who she is.

On making people uncomfortable: "When I was in Spring Awakening, every night I had to do this nude scene. I always loved to find the one person who I knew was going to be uncomfortable–who throughout the show was cringing in their seat–and when [co-star] Jonathan Groff would undo my top, I loved it!"

On being open-minded: "I grew up in a very, very different world than a lot of people did. Everyone I knew was gay–the weirdos were the straight people. Obviously we don’t just deal with homosexuality on Glee, but nothing shocks me. Nothing."

On her childhood: “I was a weird kid. I was eight years old saying, ‘I don’t want a day off. I’d like to work everyday, please.’”

On dealing with the paparazzi: “I’m sorry but it’s so strange. I always feel now that people only want to get the worst out of sitting and talking to me. I feel a weird thing where it’s like, ‘Do you just want to find out something bad?’”

On her upcoming pop album: “I want to make songs where girls can just roll down the windows of their car or dance around in their rooms in their underwear, like, ‘I hate my ex-boyfriend!’ or ‘I’m so in love!’ because that’s what I want [to hear] power-girl songs.”

On all those diva rumors: “I think I got hit with some pretty hard things at the beginning that were not good representations of my personality, and people put a label – I think they like to do that – and it really got to me. And I think I was fighting so hard to change that, that I was not really being myself. [But] I came to a place where I’m much happier personally in my life and because of that I really don’t feel like I need to explain anything or be anything. I’m really proud of who I am.”

On her relationships on and offscreen with Cory Monteith: “We were Finn and Rachel before–I feel like they come first.”

On her love affair with Glee: “When the show first started I knew immediately that it was so special. But so much was happening for us so quickly that it was very much a whirlwind. And I don’t know what happened, but when this third season finished, I fell madly in love with it again.”

[From Nylon]

The diva question and answer was interesting – Lea did get hit hard with rumors and stories when she first came on the scene, but I'm not quite sure what she's saying in response to that? That she was "mislabeled" a diva? That those stories weren't the best representation? That she's a diva and she's "proud" of that? I don't even know. The last resort of the diva is always to blame the label or the editing. In the end, it just sounds like someone's excuse to act up and expect that there should be no repercussions.

Photos courtesy of Nylon and The Fashion Spot.
lea2 lea1 lea3 lea4

Mariah Carey is pissed Nicki Minaj will judge ‘Idol,’ list of judges not set?

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 08:06 AM PDT

Mariah Carey

Here we go with the drama, people. Just this morning, we reported that the ever-crazily-dressed Nicki Minaj was a confirmed choice to judge the upcoming season for “American Idol” and that she would be joining Mariah Carey, who has secured a $12 million salary just to say semi-cruel things and break into spontaneous song at the judges’ table. Well, the producers are certainly getting their advance money’s worth from Mariah, who is throwing a publicity-laden diva fit over the selection of Minaj. Of course, the wording is ambiguous here, so we don’t know how Mariah feels about Nicki (but let’s get real — Mariah probably dislikes her with the fury of a thousand diamond-encrusted suns). Instead, the whole issue seems to be that Mariah says she was promised that she’d be the only female judge on the panel. Uh-oh:

Nicki Minaj

Nicki Minaj may well become a judge on “American Idol,” but it will be at the expense of Mariah Carey, who we’re told hung up the phone when she was told Nicki was the top candidate.

Sources connected with “Idol” tell TMZ … Mariah was led to believe she would be the only woman on the judge’s panel. Choosing Nicki would not only crush that expectation, it would add insult to injury because Nicki (29) is a lot younger than Mariah (42).

As for the composition of the judge’s panel, we’re told by no means is it a done deal. There are 2 scenarios being played out. First, it’s unclear if Randy Jackson will come back as a judge or a mentor. If he leaves the judge’s panel, there will be another spot to fill.

The second scenario … we’re told some of the honchos believe it’s a mistake to have 2 women and a man on the panel, and a 4th male judge would be necessary.

As for who’s still in the running, we’re told Brad Paisley, Keith Urban and Enrique Iglesias are leading the pack.

And there’s one other thing … Sources connected with the show say they’re worried … if the judges end up being Mariah, Nicki and Randy … middle America might not welcome the blackout.

[From TMZ]

Honestly, I think that Mariah would love to be the only woman on the panel because, you know, more attention going her way and all that. But I think the real issue here is something else, and it’s not even the age difference. Mariah probably feels like she’s really earned her place because she’s been a pop sensation for (literally) decades. In comparison, Minaj is fresh off the dayglo turnip truck, right? But I think for $12 million, Mariah could afford to shut up and put up with whomever the producers choose. Most people (not me, obviously!) are annoyed by at least one of their close co-workers without such enjoying the comfort of a grand salary to make it all better.

Mariah Carey

Mariah Carey

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet and WENN

FFN_CHP_Carey_Mariah_060312_9148698 wenn5893593 FFN_Carey_Mariah_AAR_051112_9076709 FFN_Carey_Mariah_AAR_051112_9076713

Julia Roberts on plastic surgery: ‘At this point, I’m clinging to my good genes’

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 07:46 AM PDT

I kind of miss Julia Roberts. I miss her movies, I miss her narcissism, I miss her star quality. I wish she would… I don't even know. Make a string of interesting films, maybe? And then promote those films in interview after "IT'S ALL ABOUT JULIA!" interview. She’s got two dramas in pre-production (The Normal Heart and August: Osage County), so we'll have to wait until next year for another JULIA! publicity tour. But for some reason – ?? – Julia gave an interview to InStyle Magazine's September issue, and she discussed beauty tips and plastic surgery. People are leading with her "I brush my teeth with baking soda" confession, but I think the real story might be that Julia once again denies that she's ever been nipped and tucked:

Julia Roberts received one of her best beauty tips ever from her grandfather.

"I brush [my teeth] with baking soda," she tells InStyle in the magazine's September issue. "[My grandfather] would put a big heaping mound of it on his toothbrush. He had only one cavity in his entire life."

Because the actress is so loved for that big, sparkling smile, she's sure to take care of it.

"Sometimes that's all I do as far as a regimen goes," the busy mom says of tooth brushing. "Look, I'm happy if I have on moisturizer and ChapStick! When you're dressing three people besides yourself, something has to fall away. I've learned to always have a big pair of dark sunglasses within arm's reach before going out."

When she does have time to primp, Roberts relies on a tip from the late makeup artist Kevyn Aucoin: "'Mascara, mascara, mascara!'" she recalls, naming Lancôme's Hypnose as a favorite. "It just makes you look like you've had a good nap."

Would she ever rely on Botox or plastic surgery for the same effect? Probably not.

"I'm pro whatever works for you," she says of such procedures. "For me, at this point, I'm clinging to my good genes and lots of hugs and kisses from my husband."

[From People]

Ugh, I hate mascara. I used to wear it when I was in college, but nowadays I just hate mascara so much. Partly it's because I wear contacts and I hate wearing any eye makeup. As for Julia's comment on Botox and plastic surgery – "I'm pro whatever works for you… For me, at this point, I'm clinging to my good genes and lots of hugs and kisses from my husband." That's interesting. Mostly because I've believed for years now that Julia has had her eyes done… and maybe more. I'm glad that Julia isn't being judgy about those who do go under the knife, but I don't think that she's JUST "clinging to her good genes."

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3416253 wenn5546664 wenn9467

Elton John fears son Zachary will be taunted because “he doesn’t have a mummy”

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 07:39 AM PDT

Elton John

Elton John seems like one of those types of people who worry so much and work up such a nervous energy that he’d be exhausting to be around. Last time Elton talked about parenting, he fretted that his son, Zachary, would have a very difficult time growing up if he and partner David Furnish didn’t get busy producing a sibling because, by Elton’s logic, it’s so difficult to be an only child. Not that being an only child is the end of the world, mind you. My daughter seems to be just fine. Would she like to have a baby sister? Sure. But she’s not suffering for lack of one.

Anyway, now Elton is worrying over another issue that seems to be of much more importance. That is, Elton is terrified that Zachary will be teased because he’s the son of two gay men and doesn’t have a mommy. Seems like a legit concern, right? Kids can be so cruel:

Elton John

He may have riches and fame but Sir Elton John has admitted son Zachary is going to face a “very difficult” childhood because of attitudes to their unusual family set up.

The 65-year-old star and his civil partner David Furnish, 49, became parents on Christmas Day 2010 to a child conceived using a donor egg and born via a surrogate.

But the singer fears his child will struggle with bullies because he works in showbusiness and because of he doesn’t “have a mummy.” Sir Elton told the Radio Times: “Being the child of someone famous is a huge ball and chain around your ankles. It’s going to be very difficult.”

The star revealed that 20-month-old Zachary calls him “daddy” and Mr Furnish “papa.”

Sperm from both men was mixed to fertilise the chosen egg — a process banned in the UK — and the child was carried by a surrogate. The whole process is estimated to have cost the couple in excess of $1million but it has not been revealed who the egg donor or surrogate is.

He added their unconventional family could cause further problems: “At school other children will say, ‘You don’t have a mummy.’ We’ve come a long way, but there’s still homophobia and will be until a new generation of parents don’t instill it in their children.”

Sir Elton insisted he would not push his son to follow him into showbusiness but wanted music to be a “big part of his life.”

[From Daily Mail]

I think that, at this point, Elton and David have probably already considered private tutoring for their son instead of a group education setting, but I think keeping him completely isolated from other children would be a bad move. As much as it might hurt for Zachary to hear other children say things about his daddies, it will probably also be a character-building experience. After all, everyone gets teased about something while growing up, right? Elton and David should just be thankful that Zachary is a healthy and happy child. The rest will come in due course.

Elton John

Elton John

Photos courtesy of Fame/Flynet

FFN_JohnElton_AIDSEvent_WIK_072312_50840324 FFN_John_Elton_ZeusApollo_010612jpg_8374139 FFN_JohnElton_AIDSEvent_WIK_072312_50840318 FFN_John_Elton_ZeusApollo_010612jpg_8374200

Rosie O’Donnell had a heart attack, took an aspirin & waited a day to see a doctor

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 07:13 AM PDT


A few months ago, I got handed a flyer with photos showing the symptoms of heart attacks in women, which can differ from the standard symptoms most of us are familiar with for men. It was from a new gym trying to advertise, and it was a clever way to do it since I read it carefully. (Here’s a link to a website with the photos and text on the flyer I saw.) Women often suffer heart attacks without realizing what’s happening, and it’s important that they know the signs in order to get help before it’s too late. Comedian Rosie O’Donnell, 50, had a heart attack and realized that she was having some sort of heart problem but didn’t grasp how serious it was. She googled it, dismissed her symptoms, took an aspirin and then waited until the next day to see her doctor. Her doctor told her she’d had a heart attack and sent her to the hospital, where they found a 99% blockage on her coronary artery and inserted a stent. Thank goodness it worked out ok for her. Here’s Rosie’s explanation from her blog. She wrote that she had helped a very large woman get out of her car earlier that day, which may have precipitated her heart attack.

a few hours later my body hurt
i had an ache in my chest
both my arms were sore
everything felt bruised

muscular – i thought
strained or pulled tissue
i went about my day
the pain persisted

i became nauseous
my skin was clammy
i was very very hot
i threw up

maybe this is a heart attack
i googled womens heart attack symptoms
i had many of them
but really? – i thought – naaaa

i took some bayer aspirin
thank god
saved by a tv commercial
literally

i did not call 911
50% of women having heart attacks never call 911
200,000 women die of heart attacks
every year in the US

by some miracle i was not one of them
the next day i went to a cardiologist
the dr did an EKG and sent me to the hospital
where a stent was put in

my LAD was 99% blocked
they call this type of heart attack
the Widow maker
i am lucky to be here

know the symptoms ladies
listen to the voice inside
the one we all so easily ignore
CALL 911

save urself
xxx

[From Rosie's Blog]

Maybe Rosie’s experience will help more women learn what to look for and seek help immediately after a heart attack. It’s a wake up call for sure.

We just heard that Rosie’s fiance, Michelle Rounds, was very sick and had been diagnosed with a rare disease called desmoid tumors. These two have gone through so much recently and I hope that that both of them are on the mend and are feeling better soon. It sounds like Rosie is getting there.

Rosie is shown in the header on 4-14-12. Rosie and Michelle are shown together on 1-10-12. Credit: WENN.com

Eva Mendes choke-collars her giant puppy: inappropriate or understandable?

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 06:41 AM PDT

Here are some new photos of Eva Mendes and her GIANT DOG, shopping in LA yesterday with the help of Eva's stylist, Rachel Zoe. First of all, I forgot that Zoe was Eva's stylist. That's… odd. Zoe's clients include Cameron Diaz, Kate Hudson, Anne Hathaway and Jennifer Garner. I guess Eva Mendes would be at that kind of level of "fashion girl" but it still seems kind of weird to me. Two, we really need to talk about Eva's dog.

I really didn't know Eva had a big dog. I thought Eva merely looked after Ryan Gosling's Mohawked puppy George when Ryan was away. I'm sure Mendes-Gosling know-it-alls will yell at me and tell me OF COURSE Eva has always had a giant dog, but I seriously didn't know. As for the dog – he's awesome. I love big dogs, probably because I've always been a dog-mom to a big dogs. My monster is bigger than this puppy, but not by much. I like when a woman has a big dog – a big dog makes you feel safe, he'll make you feel like at least someone has got your back.

But I'm bothered by the fact that Eva didn't seem to bring a leash for her big dog…? She seems to be pulling on his collar (kind of choking him) for the short walk from a building to the car. I know that stance very well – the dog is strong enough to rip her arm off, so she's doing a preemptive "You better behave" choke-hold on her dog – which is good for the paparazzi, because the dog could conceivably go buck-wild on them. I'll admit, I've done this before, mostly when my dog was misbehaving and I was leading him into the house (where he would get a thump on the snout and a "BAD. DOG."). But if Eva brought her puppy out into the world, into an office building or store or something…? Why not just bring his leash, you know?

Photos courtesy of WENN, Pacific Coast News.
82659PCN_Mendes03 wenn4040939 82659PCN_Mendes02 wenn4040935

Lindsay Lohan questioned by cops in yet another cracked-out jewel heist

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 05:41 AM PDT

I remember a time, not that long ago, when it seemed like every time we wrote about Lindsay Lohan, she was somehow connected to the phrase "cracked-out jewel heist". The Cracken has a long history as a jewel thief, long before she was even charged with stealing jewelry in an LA boutique… when was that? Last year? Lindsay has been crack-heisting sh-t for YEARS. So it's almost pleasurable for me to see Lindsay going back to her crack-roots. According to multiple outlets, Lindsay was questioned by the cops following an all-night party in the Hollywood Hills – a party in which some items of jewelry went "missing". Cough.

Lindsay Lohan was interviewed by police today regarding an apparent burglary at a Hollywood Hills home last night — but Lindsay insists … she had nothing to do with it.

According to sources, Lindsay slept over at the home in question Sunday night after a small get together — along with several guests — and when everyone woke up this morning, the owner of the home claimed expensive jewelry had been stolen from the property.

Law enforcement sources tell us, police were called to the home and interviewed everyone inside, including LIndsay.

We’re told Lindsay was very cooperative — but claimed she had nothing to do with any missing jewelry.

As of now, Lindsay is NOT considered a suspect. The investigation is ongoing.

[From TMZ]

Radar and X17 say that Lindsay's assistant Gavin Doyle also spent the night, and Gavin was also questioned by the police. You know what? I'm sort of amazed by all of the components of this story. Let's break it down, shall we?

*So, you invite Lindsay Lohan to your houseparty, or she crashes it. As soon as you realize Lindsay is on site, wouldn't your first reaction be to hide all of the valuables, all of the liquor and all of the drugs? And why would you invite her to SPEND THE NIGHT?

*Even then, Lindsay is still going to find all of your valuables and she's going to try to crack-heist them in some way. While I admire the ballsy move of calling the cops and not letting people leave, if you're not going to come out and accuse (J'Accuse!!) the Cracken, it all becomes a theater of the (crackie) absurd.

*So, obviously, the Cracken stole your jewelry. Why do you think she would have any qualms about lying to the police in a standard issue interview? Unless you're going to strip search her – and I mean putting on the gloves and checking for the jewelry IN her crack muffin – the whole exercise is pointless.

*While you’re gloved up, you should really check Gavin’s drawers too. The Cracken loves working with a partner on her jewel heists.

Photos courtesy of WENN, Fame and PCN.
LL1 LL2 LL5 LL4 LL3

Blake Lively talks nonsense, claims she’ll never take off her clothes in a movie

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 05:00 AM PDT

I mentioned part of this new Blake Lively interview in yesterday's links, but it's worth discussing the entire piece in full right now. Blake gave an interview to something called "Style Magazine" which I'm assuming is a UK publication. In the interview, Blake reiterates her favorite Q&A chestnut, which is that she never, ever works out and she just has that body normally without any exercise at all. She also discusses how you'll never see her do a nude scene on film. I guess we're supposed to forget about seeing her bits and pieces in those hacked ("hacked"?) photos then. And although I haven't seen Savages yet, I'm sure I heard something about a graphic sex scene? Yes, yes, I did. And didn’t she has sex scenes in The Private Lives of Pippa Lee? I never saw that either. But this is probably just Blake trying to prove how she's a super-modest 1950s housewife, I guess.

Blake Lively has ruled out ever doing nude scenes. The Gossip Girl star said she is not a fan of stripping off for acting roles and said she found nudity in movies ‘distracting’ to the plot.

The 24-year-old said: ‘When I see nudity in movies, I am always distracted by it. I know that if I am watching a scene and someone has their b00bs out, then that’s all I’m looking at – I can’t help it. I just don’t think that will ever be right for me.’

Lively, who is dating Ryan Reynolds, is one of Hollywood’s most sought after young actresses. She was recently seen in the Oliver Stone thriller Savages and is known to have an enviable body. But insists she does virtually no exercise to maintain her slim figure.

She told Style magazine: ‘I am terrible; I don’t do any exercise – I’m going to have to learn the hard way. I love food too much, and my family is from the South, so the food I like is not necessarily the best for you. There are days when I will be like, “Oh my goodness, I am not happy with the way I look because I cannot fit into any of my clothes”. So I eat quinoa that week, and then I feel good.’

Lively said she realises how fickle Hollywood can be and relies on her family and close friends to keep her grounded. The star remains grounded by surrounding herself with friends and family who are always truthful with her.

‘The same people who love you to death one day will hate you to death the next, so who do you give the keys to your self-worth to?,’ she said. ‘You have to have those keys for yourself. And you have to surround yourself with people who are honest with you. I need honesty. I need good friends who can say, “I love you to death, but you look terrible in that and you need to change right now.”‘

[From The Mail]

I don't have a raging hate-on OR love-on for Blake either way. Sometimes she's very interesting, sometimes she's super-annoying. I'm finding this current version of Blake to be pretty annoying. She's trying to convince us of too many things all at once – like, we're supposed to think that she's a super-glamorous fashionista who loves clothes and has a natural "style eye" AND that she doesn't care about how she looks insomuch as she doesn't feel like going to the gym ever AND that she's a perfect Betty Crocker housewife and super-loyal girlfriend to her barely four boyfriends (total, over her lifetime). Maybe she truly is all of those things. But I suspect that she's just an ambitious hustler who works incredibly hard to project a certain kind of image.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn3963457 wenn4019885 wenn4019079

Gwyneth Paltrow on aging: “I think I look better now than I did when I was 24″

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 04:26 AM PDT

Gwyneth Paltrow

I don’t know about you, but as a 37-year-old woman, I’ve grown rather tired of people asking me whether I ever plan on having another child besides the 11-year-old daughter who already exists and occupies what feels like most of my time on a daily basis. Don’t get me wrong — I love the hell out of my kid, but I don’t think I could ever go there again, especially since she’s getting up there in age, you know? So it comes as a great surprise that I actually have something in common with Gwyneth Paltrow (besides our mutual love of woodburning pizza ovens and quarterly colon cleanses, natch). Goopy (who is 39 these days) doesn’t want to have any more kids either.

Of course, Goop is already mother to two children, Apple (8) and Moses (6), but she’s so busy these days Gooping it up; that is, running her “lifestyle company curated by Gwyneth Paltrow.” This week, she’s selling a set of 4 Turkish towels for $240! This is not to mention the $425 colon cleanse, $270 acrylic tray, and $90 t-shirt for her fawning peasants, right? Plus she’s busy launching her pub-singing career while somehow managing to still land herself in those Iron Man movies (she’s currently filming part three). But seriously, I get it in regard to wanting to reclaim one’s life instead of going through the nursing and diaper routine for months, possibly years. Here are some excerpts of Goopy wisdom:

Gwyneth Paltrow

On having more children: “I don’t know if I can go back to diapers. I don’t think so. I would love to, but I sort of feel like I don’t know if I can go back to diapers and things like that. I’m so past that, I think I may have missed the window. I think if maybe when Moses was three, I would have done it, or four even, but now he’s six and such a guy, I feel like I’m out of the baby phase. If it happens, it happens.”

Becoming a mom completed her: “I feel like motherhood has given me all my happiness and a real life: a husband, my children and everything that's invested in that. Every woman is different, but for me that's where I've gotten my real happiness.”

But she’s a less attentive mother in Los Angeles: “When I’m in LA, I’m always packing things in. I tend to be really busy – my doctors are out there, Apple’s orthodontist, that kind of thing. Plus, that's where I focus on movie stuff and I see all my friends. It changes more – I tend not to spend all my time with the kids.”

She’s so stressed out and busy now: “I find that I get stressed out when I try to do too many things at once, and so I try not to. I feel very stressed out if I’m trying to cook and help the children with their homework and answer emails and talk to my lawyer or whatever. I feel really overwhelmed. So I try to just do things one at a time.”

She doesn’t mind aging — for now: “I like being older. It's nice to really know yourself and feel relaxed. And I actually think I look better now than I did when I was 24, so I’m very comfortable with myself.”

[From Daily Mail]

So Goop thinks she looks better now than she does when she filmed Sliding Doors and A Perfect Murder? I guess it’s great that she’s happy with the way she looks, but it seems to be such a self-punishing lifestyle that she leads, what with the fasting and constant flat-ironing of one’s hair. Gwyneth is so stringent.

Now back to the whole “done with diapers” notion. At least Apple and Moses won’t have a companion to share in their humiliation of rediscovering Mommy’s sideboob one day on the internet, right? Small mercies.

Gwyneth Paltrow

Gwyneth Paltrow

v

Photos courtesy of WENN

wenn5835292 wenn5837591 wenn3868767 wenn5837589 wenn3826900

Maggie Gyllenhaal: ‘I used to be judgmental of the way people would parent’

Posted: 21 Aug 2012 04:20 AM PDT

Maggie Gyllenhaal wants you to know that she is not a judgy mother. With this statement comes another admission: she used to a be a judgy childless person, before she gave birth to daughter Ramona nearly six years ago. Maggie gave a new interview to Scholastic Parent & Child where she discussed how women judge each other, specifically how women judge each other regarding child-rearing. We hear a lot about judgy mothers judging other judgy mothers. But Maggie is tapping into something we don't hear a lot about because childless – or childfree! – women won't admit to it: the fact that non-mothers often look at moms and we judge you and how you're doing it. Maggie, a former non-mother, now says that she gets it. She gets all of it.

From the outside looking in, Maggie Gyllenhaal thought she could pick a perfect parent out of a crowd.

"I used to be judgmental of the way other people would parent," the actress, 34, shares in Scholastic Parent & Child's August/September issue. "I would look at someone talking on a cell phone while her baby was asleep in a stroller and think, 'How can that mother have her cell phone out?'"

But shortly after the birth of daughter Ramona in 2006, as a new member of the motherhood club, Gyllenhaal found her perceptions on parenting suddenly shifting.

"Then you actually have a baby and you're like, 'She's sleeping; I have 10 minutes; I'll make three phone calls," she says. "I think so much of my judgment — not only about how people parent, but about people in general — went away when I became a mom."

Aside from her newfound approach toward other mothers, Gyllenhaal — who in addition to Ramona, 5½, is also mom to daughter Gloria Ray, 4 months, with husband Peter Sarsgaard — also came to a realization regarding her own parenting powers.

"I was 28 when Ramona was born, and I had this idea that I think a lot of people in their twenties have, that I was supposed to do it perfectly. At least, if not perfectly, then exceptionally well," she admits. "I've realized that that isn't possible and that part of being a human is making mistakes — and making lots of them."

And while Gyllenhaal understands "the element of parenting where you have to be a mom and say no," she is thoroughly enjoying her blossoming relationship with her mini-me, Ramona.

"The fun part is being with this little person and learning about the world and listening to her questions," she explains. "She comes and runs errands with me and we make it fun. When we talk, she talks like a person. She knows the words that she needs. She'll ask me if she doesn't. I like that."

An advocate for a strong education — it's "one of the most important gifts you can give your kids," she states — the Won't Back Down star is looking forward to her daughters' intellectual futures … with one exception!

"Besides literature, I liked history. I had trouble with math, though," Gyllenhaal admits. "I kind of faked my way through it. I don't know how I'm going to help my daughters with it when the time comes."

[From People]

I judge Maggie's weak-ass judgment! She was sitting around, judging moms who got on their cell phones? That's it? Girl, I judge more than that before I've even had my breakfast.

Anyway, I've always kind of liked Maggie, but my affection for her grew after I saw her episode of PBS's Finding Your Roots, in which her fascinating genealogical background was revealed (Russian Jews and Swedish royalty!). Plus, I personally like that she's such a vocal and informed supporter of women's reproductive rights in general and Planned Parenthood specifically. She doesn't try to hide the fact that she's a politically liberal New Yorker. Something tells me she still judges people.

Photos courtesy of WENN.
wenn4015476 FFN_Gyllenhaal_Maggie_GGFF_061412_9186712 wenn4015483 wenn4015475

No comments:

Post a Comment