Monday, December 6, 2010

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Anne Hathaway down under in Christopher Kane: tacky or cute?

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 08:40 AM PST

wenn3128866

Since today is looking super-slow, I get the feeling that I'm going to be writing a lot of fashion posts, even about random photo calls. These are new photos of Anne Hathaway and Jake Gyllenhaal in Australia… today? Yesterday? Tomorrow? I'm an idiot, granted, but the International Date Line still confuses me. I think this is "today". Anne is in Christopher Kane… and I hate it. It looks like a budget ice dancer's dress. Plus, it's much too "sparkly" for daywear - especially given that Jake Gyllenhaal is only in a Canadian tuxedo. He looks like he's trying to butch it up (although his denim looks neatly pressed and rather fussy), while Anne looks like she's trying too hard to be all sparkly and Taylor Swifty.

As far the film goes, Love & Other Drugs isn't quite a hit, but it's not really sinking without a trace either. It's made $22 million in two weeks - nowhere near Julia Roberts territory, but my guess is that it will become a word-of-mouth go-see chick flick. What's the problem with these two? Granted, Anne has had some true hits and acclaim to her name, but Jake hasn't really. He hasn't been in a hit film - where the film rests on his performance - in years. And don't say Prince of Persia. Please. That movie barely made back it's production cost. So here's the question: do audiences just not buy Jake as a leading man?

wenn3128875

wenn3128877

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Amber Heard is a lesbian, just FYI

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 08:03 AM PST

wenn3126043

I heard over the weekend that actress Amber Heard came out as a lesbian (or maybe she just verified it), but I struggled for a moment to understand who exactly Amber Heard was. Here's her IMDB page - I've seen her in Pineapple Express, although I have no memory of her role in that movie whatsoever. And that's all I've ever seen from her filmography. Huh. Anyway, Amber Heard went to some GLAAD event over the weekend… with her girlfriend. And now everyone is like "ZOMG a C-list actress is a lesbian!" Is it really that scandalous? Here's Amber's interview (at the event) with After Ellen:

At tonight's celebration of 25 years of GLAAD, AfterEllen.com was on the red carpet and talked for a few minutes with actress Amber Heard (The Stepfather, The Joneses, Pineapple Express), who spoke openly (and happily) about her choice to come out and, as she eloquently said, not be “a part of the problem” by staying in the closet. Heard, who was joined by her partner, Tasya van Ree, was also clearly honored to have the privilege of presenting the Founder's Award to GLAAD/LA Founder and First Executive Director Richard Jennings during the event, held at Harmony Gold in Los Angeles.

AfterEllen.com: What does it mean to you to be a part of this event tonight?
Amber Heard: I'm honored to be a part of GLAAD. I've long been a fan and long wanted to be a part of an organization as powerful, as influential and as important as GLAAD. I am acutely aware of the role that the media plays in influencing public opinion and influencing society, and with that awareness comes the burden of responsibility.

I think when I became aware of my role in the media, I had to ask myself an important question “Am I part of the problem?” And I think that when millions and millions of hard-working, tax paying Americans are denied their rights and denied their equality you have to ask yourself what are the factors that are an epidemic problem and that's what this is. Injustice can never be stood for. It always must be fought against and I just was sick of it being a problem. Because I'm in the media I was aware of it and I luckily was introduced to GLAAD and am honored that they wanted me to be a part of tonight because it is such an important organization. I am so impressed with all the important work that they are doing and I couldn't see a more important cause to be aligned with.

AE: The media is obsessed with labels and labeling people. As an out actress, is that something that you're concerned about or is it something you're moving past because of GLAAD?
AH: It's hard. I think GLAAD is one of the many reasons that I, as a 24-year-old, can come out. I think that organizations like GLAAD make that possible because if it weren't for opinions being changed, people being influenced, people being engaged to do the right thing, then there would be no prerogative for anyone to come out. Like I said, I can't be a part of the problem. I hate the idea of a label just as much as anyone else but I'm with who I'm with, I love who I love and I'm if not a better actress than I was yesterday and my personal life should have no effect on that. I think that the injustice of people staying in the closet is more than I can bear with a clear conscience and I couldn't sleep at night if I was a part of that problem, if I was part of the lies.

I personally think that if you deny something or if you hide something you're inadvertently admitting it's wrong. I don't feel like I'm wrong. I don't feel like millions of people are wrong because they love who they love or they were born how they were born. I'm proud to be on the right side of history and I can do nothing more than encourage people to look at their lives and ask “What side of history am I on? Am I doing the right thing or am I doing the wrong thing?” I look at speeches by Martin Luther King and I cry when I read the story of Rosa Parks at the back of the bus, and I can't help but think if I was in that era what side of history would I be on? Would I be marching on the side of equality or would I be one of these horrible people spreading hate and bigotry?

It's clear from a person that was born in the ’80s to decide what part of history they'd be on. It's clear for someone like myself that's fairly educated and fairly well-rounded and fairly enlightened to be able to say “I would never be on this side of bigots and hatred. I would never be on that side!” But then we have this situation here in my generation, where tons of young people haven't woken up to the call that this is our generation's civil rights movement. This is the forefront of human rights. You have to ask yourself what side are you going to be on and if we're too scared to come out and say who we are, we'll never get anywhere.

AE: It's great to see you here with your partner. It's great that you can do that and you don't have to be here with a beard!
AH: She's so beautiful. I mean, you'd have to be crazy not to want to go out with her!

[From After Ellen]

So, Amber is like Rosa Parks, I guess. No, I jest, I understand what she was saying. She's saying that she wants to stand up for what's right, and now is the time to be vocal. I get it, and good for her. Here are some more photos of Amber, and her girlfriend Tasya Van Ree. There are a bunch of photos of Amber and Tasya over the past few months, so it's not like it was some huge secret, in my opinion.

LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 03: Actress Amber Heard and guest attend GLAAD Celebrates 25 Years Of LGBT Images In The Media Show on December 3, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Valerie Macon/Getty Images)

NEW YORK - NOVEMBER 16: Amber Heard and Tasya Van Ree attend the Society of Sloane-Kettering Cancer Center's 2010 fall party at Four Seasons Restaurant on November 16, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Donna Ward/Getty Images)

LOS ANGELES, CA - DECEMBER 03: Actress Amber Heard attends GLAAD Celebrates 25 Years Of LGBT Images In The Media Show on December 3, 2010 in Los Angeles, California. (Photo by Valerie Macon/Getty Images)

Header photo courtesy of WENN.

Carey Mulligan in red at the British Independent Film Awards: beautiful or fug?

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 07:37 AM PST

brit_indie_award_08_wenn3127945

Last night was the British Independent Film Awards in London, and many of this season's awards-favorites came out to play. Here is Carey Mulligan, in an orange-red Prabal Gurung dress… I love it. On someone else, it might suck. On Carey, I adore it, especially how she's styled it, with the simple black peep-toes and the slicked-back hair. She looks amazing, in my opinion. So chic.

brit_indie_award_10_wenn3127947

Helena Bonham-Carter was in attendance too, looking like she's wearing a costume from Alice In Wonderland. Ugh. I mean, she's HBC, I can't hate. But seriously, Helena. Enough.

brit_indie_awards_04_wenn3128009

Colin Firth and his beautiful wife Livia. I can't say I love what Livia is wearing, but Colin looks dashing!

brit_indie_film_02_wenn3128368

Oh, Ralph. He's thinking about how he wants to bite you. Swoon.

brit_indie_awards_17_wenn3128022

I don't know who Nick Moran is, I just know that we've gotten requests for him on HGF. Really?

brit_indie_film_10_wenn3128376

Your new Sherlock Holmes, the perfectly named Benedict Cumberbatch.

brit_indie_film_22_wenn3128388

And Martin Freeman! My mom loves him. He’s dressed like an old man.

brit_indie_film_51_wenn3128417

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Brad Pitt finally seen in long-awaited ‘Tree of Life’ stills & trailer

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 07:08 AM PST

bradtree

Brad Pitt and Sean Penn filmed Tree of Life with Terrence Malick back in the Spring of 2008 - and barely anything has been heard of it since. Malick is a famously reclusive, elusive director, and no one, no studio, no star, no producer will get him to budge if he doesn't want to move. There was a rumor that Brad really wanted Malick to finish editing Tree of Life so that promotion could start this year, at the Cannes Film Festival. That never happened. But, it looks like the film finally got a release date - May of 2011, and apparently, the trailer was in front of this weekend's screenings of Black Swan. There's a bootleg, low-quality version of the trailer at the end of the post.

Malick did allow two production stills to be released, one of Brad, one of Sean. I still don't really know what this damn film is about. Brad plays a father in the 1950s and…uh…er…

From the Desk of Terrence Malick….

We trace the evolution of an eleven-year-old boy in the Midwest, JACK, one of three brothers. At first all seems marvelous to the child. He sees as his mother does with the eyes of his soul. She represents the way of love and mercy, where the father tries to teach his son the world's way of putting oneself first. Each parent contends for his allegiance, and Jack must reconcile their claims. The picture darkens as he has his first glimpses of sickness, suffering and death. The world, once a thing of glory, becomes a labyrinth.

From this story is that of adult Jack, a lost soul in a modern world, seeking to discover amid the changing scenes of time that which does not change: the eternal scheme of which we are a part. When he sees all that has gone into our world's preparation, each thing appears a miracle—precious, incomparable. Jack, with his new understanding, is able to forgive his father and take his first steps on the path of life.

The story ends in hope, acknowledging the beauty and joy in all things, in the everyday and above all in the family—our first school—the only place that most of us learn the truth about the world and ourselves, or discover life's single most important lesson, of unselfish love.

[Malick's statement, courtesy of Collider]

The budget-quality trailer is below. It really doesn't make any sense to me - it's like a Hallmark commercial, like it's designed to make you wistful and sad and broody all at once. Where's the plot, exactly?

Thanks to Celebuzz for the heads up!

seantree

Kathy Griffin, 50, rocks a bikini for the troops

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 06:56 AM PST

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Comedian Kathy Griffin performs onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Michael Caulfield/Getty Images for VH1)
Comedian Kathy Griffin stripped down to a camo bikini accessorized with a bullet belt as part of the Vh1 Divas Salute the Troops concert. The show was taped at a Marine Corps air station in Miramar, CA on Friday and aired on VH1 Sunday. Kathy was the host for the event, which included performances by Katy Perry, Paramore, and Nicki Minaj. (If you’re in the US you can watch video of the show on VH1’s site.) This is by no means the first time that we’ve seen Griffin in a bikini, but she wears it well and you can hardly blame her for showing off her skinny assets. Griffin was wheeled into the show on what looked like a missile and accompanied by several servicemen and women. She tried to kiss one guy before launching into her opening monologue. (That video is the second one below.) Her opening line was “I came in on a missile. Now I know what it’s like to be a Kardashian. I mean the one that married Lamar Odom.”

Hosting Friday’s VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert in Miramar, Calif., the 50-year-old comedienne and reality star strutted onstage in a skimpy bikini.

In a nod to the USO-themed show, Griffin’s two-piece was camouflage and accessorized with a belt made of bullets.

The special airs on VH1 on Sunday, and features performances from Katy Perry, Keri Hilson, Sugarland and Nicki Minaj.

Griffin Tweeted excitedly about meeting Perry, 25: : “I swear, first thing [Perry] said ‘You’re my idol’ Wha??? Watch out Cher!”

[From US Weekly]

Unlike some other female comedians we hear from way too frequently, Kathy is actually pretty funny and she doesn’t take herself too seriously. She could stand to gain 10 pounds though. I think she looked better in her bikini photo ops last year.

Here’s the intro to the show ‘Welcome to Operation Ragin Cougar’ (only plays in the US). My favorite part is when she indicates her cleavage and asks “Have you ever been deployed to this region? [her boobs] Because your orders just came in.”

And here’s Griffin’s bikini-clad entrance. It starts off strong at least.

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Host Kathy Griffin speaks onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Host Kathy Griffin speaks onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Host Kathy Griffin speaks onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Host Kathy Griffin speaks onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Comedian Kathy Griffin performs onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Michael Caulfield/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Comedian Kathy Griffin performs onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Michael Caulfield/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Comedian Kathy Griffin performs onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Comedian Kathy Griffin performs onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images for VH1)

MIRAMAR, CA - DECEMBER 03: Comedian Kathy Griffin performs onstage during VH1 Divas Salute the Troops presented by the USO at the MCAS Miramar on December 3, 2010 in Miramar, California. VH1 Divas Salute the Troops concert event will be televised on Sunday, December 5 at 9:00 PM ET/PT on VH1. (Photo by Michael Caulfield/Getty Images for VH1)

Emma Stone goes blonde: miss the red, or do blondes have more fun?

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 06:39 AM PST

fp_6209548_rij_trevor_live_46_79

These are new photos of Emma Stone last night, at the Trevor LIVE event, which was a charity event benefiting The Trevor Project, one of the charities we've spotlighted in our charity section. It's an organization that advocates for suicidal gay teens, and many celebrities work with the group, including prominent spokesman Daniel Radcliffe. Anyway, Emma Stone was one of the big celebrities at the event, and she showed off her new hair - blonde, with bangs trauma. Ugh.

Emma used to a redhead, which I thought was natural (ish), but she told MTV that she's actually a natural blonde, saying: “My natural hair is blonde, so it’s kind of nice. I looked in the mirror and said, ‘Oh my god, it’s me again! It’s been so long!’” Um, do you buy that she's a "natural" blonde? I don't. I bet her natural color is something like a nondescript light brown, and maybe she was blonde when she was a kid. Also, she apparently went blonde for her role in the Spiderman reboot, and she's playing Gwen Stacy. So… at least it's for a role, I guess.

So… how do you think Emma looks? I kind of hate it. She looks so "Starter Kit Starlet" now. There were photos of Brittany Snow at this event too, and you can barely tell them apart. I hope Emma goes back to red.

fp_6209546_rij_trevor_live_44_79

fp_6209549_rij_trevor_live_47_79

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Keanu Reeves looks dashing, moderately happy for the Marrakech film festival

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 06:19 AM PST

fp_6208730_ang_juryphotocall_festivalmarrakech_11_23

Over the weekend, the Marrakech film festival began. This time Morocco got some heavy hitters to show up for their film festival - including Keanu Reeves, who is a jury member, along with James Caan and Gael Garcia Bernal. Since there are a million photos of Keanu this morning, I thought I'd bring you some. Ever since the "Sad Keanu" meme, Keanu has seemingly been making an effort to look happier or… just less depressed in public outings. He also didn't really seem to care, in general - after all, he has more money than God, and he's off doing his own thing. Sad Keanu is busy. Also: I love his scraggly beard. I find it charming. I still get hot for Keanu, I have to admit.

fp_6208736_ang_juryphotocall_festivalmarrakech_17_23

Other pics from the film festival… here's Gael, looking handsome:

fp_6208720_ang_juryphotocall_festivalmarrakech_01_23

And here's Marion Cotillard, looking ten kinds of rough. Does she think she's an old-timey hooker?

MARRAKECH, MOROCCO - DECEMBER 03: Actress Marion Cotillard Poses as she arrives at the Opening Ceremony of the Marrakech 10th International Film Festival on December 3, 2010 in Marrakech, Morocco. (Photo by Dominique Charriau/Getty Images)

MARRAKECH, MOROCCO - DECEMBER 03: Actress Marion Cotillard Poses as she arrives at the Opening Ceremony of the Marrakech 10th International Film Festival on December 3, 2010 in Marrakech, Morocco. (Photo by Dominique Charriau/Getty Images)

And Eva Mendes, looking drunk, as usual:

MARRAKECH, MOROCCO - DECEMBER 04: Actress Eva Mendes poses for a Photocall during the 10th Marrakech Film Festival on December 4, 2010 in Marrakech, Morocco. (Photo by Dominique Charriau/Getty Images)

MARRAKECH, MOROCCO - DECEMBER 03: Actress Eva Mendes Poses as she arrives at the Opening Ceremony of the Marrakech 10th International Film Festival on December 3, 2010 in Marrakech, Morocco. (Photo by Dominique Charriau/Getty Images)

fp_6209598_ang_marrakech_04_13

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Bristol Palin responds to Margaret Cho with a wisecrack about lesbians

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 06:18 AM PST

margaret cho performs 180910
Bristol Palin has responded to Margaret Cho’s blog post claiming that her mom, former Alaskan governor Sarah Palin, “forced” her to compete on Dancing with the Stars to further her political career. Bristol penned an open letter to Cho on her Facebook page, (the same outlet through which she and her sister responded to some ‘haters’ by personally attacking them) denying those claims. Bristol stated that the DWTS people approached her, and in no way did her mom force her to compete on the show. The post from Bristol has since been removed. That might have to do with the way Bristol ended it, by cracking wise about gay women.

In a post she called “Pistol Whipped” she wrote that “the only reason Bristol was on the show was because Sarah Palin forced her to do it. Sarah supposedly blames Bristol harshly and openly . . . for not winning the election,and so she told Bristol she “owed” it to her to do DWTS . . . .” Let me shamelessly steal from Saturday Night Live: “Really, Margaret? Really?”

I will give my friend credit for creativity, and extra points for getting so many “facts” wrong in so few sentences. Let me be blunt: my mom did not “force” me to go on DWTS. She did not ask me either. The show approached me. I thought about it. I made the decision. After first worrying for me in terms of being exposed to those who hate us for what we believe in, both my mom and my dad became my number one supporters. Anyone who watched the show could tell I performed better, and I felt better about myself, when they were in the audience. I wanted to make them both proud, but politics had nothing to do with it. Loving my parents had everything to do with it.

It saddens me that people would think that my mom would “blame” me for anything that occurred in the 2008 election–much less “harshly” and “openly.” I think that canard (there, I said it again), has been floating around since then also. I will set the record straight, though my mom already did in her bestselling book “Going Rogue”; there were a number of reasons President Obama won in 2008, but the primary reason was that the economy was starting to falter and the majority of voters thought Obama could do a better job than my mom and John McCain. It turns out, two years later, the majority of voters were wrong, but we can talk about that another time. The point is, I seriously doubt anyone who considers herself a student of American politics truly believes I impacted even one vote in that election.

There you have it. Why do I want to set the record straight? Because it is this type of hurtful and false narrative that people promote to make my mom look bad. For 20 years my mom had my back–and for the rest of my life I will have hers.

To my friend Margaret Cho, if you ever have a question, call me girlfriend. Don’t ever rely on “sources” who claim to know me or my family. You will be taken every time. And we need to talk. You say you “don’t agree with the family’s politics at all” but I say, if you understood that commonsense conservative values supports the right of individuals like you, like all of us, to live our lives with less government interference and more independence, you would embrace us faster than KD Lang at an Indigo Girls concert.

[From Bristol Palin's Facebook via Queerty]

This whole thing would have come across decently if only Bristol (or more likely the people who wrote this) left off the last paragraph. As far as jokes go that was pretty tame, but it was also completely unnecessary and tells you quite a bit about Bristol’s politics and how “supportive” they are of non-heterosexuals. (Margaret is married to a man but describes herself as bisexual.) Remember when Bristol’s sister Willow called someone the anti-gay “f” word on Facebook? They never apologized for that remark but did say something about how they shouldn’t have gotten all worked up on Facebook. And as opposed to this lengthy missive, we know that Bristol and Willow are the ones who fired off those insults.

Bristol is shown on 11/24/10. Credit: Fame. Margaret is shown on 9/17/10. Credit: WENN.com

47850, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Wednesday November 24, 2010. Dancing with the Stars winners and runners up touch down on the East Coast as they make an appearance on Good Morning America . Afterwards, the contestants mingled with fans, taking photos and signing autographs. Jennifer Grey, best known for her role in Dirty Dancing , won the competition with the help of Derek Hough. Kyle Massey and Lacey Schwimmer were runners up while Bristol Palin and her partner Mark Ballas finished in third. Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

LAS VEGAS - SEPTEMBER 17: Comedian/actress Margaret Cho performs at The Pearl concert theater at the Palms Casino Resort September 17, 2010 in Las Vegas, Nevada. (Photo by Ethan Miller/Getty Images)

The Walking Dead season finale: riveting or over the top? (spoilers)

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 06:00 AM PST

walkingdeadfinaleheader
Spoilers for last episode of Walking Dead
Last night was the season finale of freshman AMC series The Walking Dead, which chronicles the fate of a group of survivors after a zombie apocalypse. The show only had six episodes in this first season and the last one, although still very dramatic, seemed shaky to me and over done. I’m still a fan of this series and will watch it with interest whenever it comes back (some estimates have it on hiatus until October, 2011) but I’m not as hooked as I was in the beginning. Here’s a good recap from Hollywood Hills, which gives us the essentials:

"The Walking Dead"… opened with a flashback between Shane and Rick. It recounted how Rick was both abandoned in the hospital and why Shane thought his friend and partner was dead. Shane isn't a bad guy (which I hope we all realize). It's just that what's going on around him has turned him into a live wire. The flashback proves Shane did all he could to rescue Rick from the hospital. He at least kept the dead out of his room by barricading it with a hospital bed.

Cut back to modern day. The group of survivors are inside the Center for Disease Control and appear to be the safest they've been since the outbreak. Dr. Jenner says they can come in as long as they submit to a blood test. They agree. He also warns them that once the doors close they won't reopen. They don't question this.

The group isn't happy to find that Dr. Jenner is the only person left at the CDC. But they are happy there's food, hot water and general safety. But something still isn't right. He's not telling them much. Everyone gets drunk to forget their worries. A drunken Shane nearly rapes Lori. But she scratches him and he leaves.

The following morning at breakfast, they demand some answers from Jenner. He takes them to where all the CDC magic happens, queues up the computer and gives them a lesson. He shows them what happens to a person who is infected through death and resurrection. He also lets them in on the fact that he's failed, has no idea what the disease is and there likely isn't any cure anywhere. Or maybe no one else but them for that matter.

Then someone notices a countdown clock and Jenner tells them that's when the generator power runs out. He won't tell them what that means exactly. Rick asks the computer. "She" informs them that once the power runs out the CDC will undergo complete decontamination. Which they soon learn means the entire building will be blown up by explosives almost as powerful as a nuclear weapon.

Jenner kind of flips out a bit and locks them all in there with him. Playing God, he informs them they're stuck and they're better off to stay in there with him and meet a quick and painless death. The alternative doesn't sound much better, but they're not ready to give up. Well, most of them. Jenner does finally let them free but Andrea and Jacqui decide to stay and meet their deaths. Dale convinces Anderea to go just in time.

Everyone who wants to be outside is just as the clock is running out. Then the CDC explodes. I won't complain about how fake and disappointing the graphics were here because I liked the episode. So the survivors get into their vehicles and take off. Who knows where they end up and what next season holds.

[From HWHills.com]

walkingdeadfinale4
Here’s what bothered me about this episode. Of course most of the group got out of the CDC before the explosion and of course Andrea and Dale were fine despite the fact that they cut it extremely close. And of course all of their vehicles operated without a glitch and were able to drive away even though they were just a few feet away from a detonation that was supposed to be nearly as strong as an atomic bomb. The whole episode was like a lesson that the world would never be the same, that all infrastructure had failed, that no one had any answers or hope and that, as Andrea kept mentioning “there’s nothing left anywhere.” So we saw, in spectacular fashion, the failure of one of the last CDCs on earth, according to Dr. Jenner’s account. The guy had tons of weapons, ammunition and supplies but it never occurred to him until the absolute last minute to inform the group that the building was going to implode. He almost took everyone down with him, women and children included, without giving them the option whether to die or take their chances on the outside. I’ve heard this show compared to Lost, which I never watched, and I’ve also heard many people complain about how frustrating Lost was at times. Now that comparison, I get. I hope that next season’s Walking Dead can get back to the gritty character-driven drama it was at the beginning.

walkingdeadfinale5

walkingdeadfinale1

walkingdeadfinale2

walkingdeadfinale3

Chelsea Handler goes off on Angelina Jolie yet again in her stand up act

Posted: 06 Dec 2010 05:53 AM PST

Sept. 12, 2010 - Hollywood, California, U.S. - Comedian and show host Chelsea Handler poses in the press room of the 2010 MTV Video Music Awardsl at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, USA, on september 12th, 2010. 2010.K65884AM. © Red Carpet Pictures

Yesterday, Dlisted put up this video (below) - it's of Chelsea Handler doing her stand-up in New Jersey, I guess. Chelsea is saying the same old Team Aniston crap she's been saying for a while - that Angelina Jolie is a C-U-Next Tuesday, et cetera. The language is NSFW.

Yeah. Look, everyone has their right to their opinion, and Chelsea is no exception. She thinks Angelina is a baby-collecting home-wrecking skank. I think Chelsea is a drunk, racist, unfunny whore who screwed her way into a multi-million dollar contract. Opinions. I also think it's interesting that despite her close associations with Jennifer Aniston and the agency CAA (representing both Chelsea and Aniston), no one is telling Chelsea to take these attacks down a notch - it speaks volumes as to how "over it" Team Aniston really is not. Opinions.

Mar 09, 2010 - New York, New York, USA - Comedian, talk show host CHELSEA HANDLER promotes her new book 'Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang' at Barnes and Noble Union Square. © Red Carpet Pictures

Sept. 12, 2010 - Hollywood, California, U.S. - Comedian and show host Chelsea Handler poses in the press room of the 2010 MTV Video Music Awardsl at Nokia Theatre L.A. Live in Los Angeles, USA, on september 12th, 2010. 2010.K65884AM. © Red Carpet Pictures

Mar 09, 2010 - New York, New York, USA - Comedian, talk show host CHELSEA HANDLER promotes her new book 'Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang' at Barnes and Noble Union Square. © Red Carpet Pictures

Mar 09, 2010 - New York, New York, USA - Comedian, talk show host CHELSEA HANDLER promotes her new book 'Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang' at Barnes and Noble Union Square. © Red Carpet Pictures

No comments:

Post a Comment