Tuesday, July 26, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Kelly Rowland Talks Marriage, Her Workout Routine, & "Here I Am"+Beyonce Offers Up Congrats

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 08:01 AM PDT

Kelly Rowland chatted it up with radio host Russ Parr this morning as her Here I Am album dropped today.  She dished on working her ass off to bring this album to fruition, the Destiny's Child reunion, and how she keeps that bangin' bod of hers.

 

The interview inside, plus Beyonce offering up congrats, when you read on...

Kelly finally dropped her Here I Am album today.  And thanks to hit singles like "Motivation" and "Lay It On Me," she's probably got a winner on her hands.

She revealed she's been hanging out with both of her former groupmates, Beyonce & Michelle, and all 3 are hanging out tonight.  Beyonce, who will be appearing on both 'The View" and "Jimmy Fallon" this week, offered up congrats on her facebook page saying:

Summer just got better: Kelly Rowland's new solo album, 'Here I Am,' joins Beyoncé's '4' on store shelves and at iTunes today. Congratulations to Kelly! Get your copy now..

Sweet.  Kel called in to talk to Russ Parr and his morning crew this A.M., and she dished on what's been going on lately.  Peep the audio:

 

Here's the highlights:

  • Her fave version of the umpteen "Motivation" remixes is R.Kelly's.  "I felt like I was right in the middle of 'You remind me of my jeep'."
  • She teared up when she first held the hard copy of the album since it took forever for it to finally happen.
  • 50 Cent has always been "Team Kelly" so he's helped her out a lot.
  • She wants a husband and 3 kids.  She previously wanted 5 kids.
  • Despite Mathew Knowles saying he's making a reunion happen, Kelly says the girls haven't talked about a Destiny's Child reunion amongst themselves. 
  • Workout routine has a lot to do with diet.  "I WISH I could eat southern food."  She says she juices 2-3x a day with all types of vegetables and greens.  And celeb trainer Jeanette Jenkins whipped her into shape.
  • Kelly's rule of life: "My faith has gotten me to where I am and kept me in the game 15 years, even when I wanted to give up."

Loves her.  Congrats Kelly!

Rihanna Covers GLAMOUR Mag, Goes Backstage With Kanye

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 07:55 AM PDT

Rihanna is sparkling on the cover of the September 2011 issue of GLAMOUR magazine.  We've got the red-head's new cover pic, new single, and new backstage video from the LOUD tour with Kanye, when you read on....

Rih's rocking plum sequin pants and a mostly backless white top for the cover of September's GLAMOUR mag.  I rarely like this red wig of hers.  but I love it when it's "done" and in curls like this.

the LOUD chick just recently announced her next single she's releasing from her latest album is the party track "Cheers (Drink To That)."  And after just wrapping up the USA portion of her LOUD tour, the Roc 4 Life camp just released this behind-the-scenes video footage of her and Kanye at the Long Island stop last Thursday:

 

Kanye West joinined Rihanna on stage to perform "All of the Lights" during the New York stop on her LOUD Tour.  And now we see what happened right before the two hit the stage and 'Ye's surprise performance.

Check it.

PHOTOSHOOT FAB: Angela Simmons Sizzles In Malibu

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 07:22 AM PDT

 

Recently, Angela Simmons did a photoshoot on the beaches of Malibu and we have the hot photos inside for you.....

The upper body looks super weird in this pic.  Not sure what's going on.  But the rest are pretty damn fab.  The pics were posted on Global Grind (her uncle's website) and Vibe Vixen yetserday:

 

The California sun wasn't the only thing heating up Malibu beach over the weekend.  In a new photo set shot by C. Michael Williams, Angela Simmons revisited childhood memories including the playground and the beach.

 

 

She looks great and has grown up to be a really fab woman.  Hot photos.

 

 

Photos via C. Michael Williams  / Make up by Nikki Zalanka / Hair by Maisha Oliver / Styling by Rebecca Jefferson

Jay-Z, Kanye & Fabolous Help Young Jeezy Celebrate "Thug Motivation 101" Anniversary

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 06:52 AM PDT

Young Jeezy celebrated his 6-year anniversary of his debut studio album, Thug Motivation 101, which made him one of hip-hop's most popular artists.

 

Last night, he and his celeb friends hit the stage at Highline Ballroom to celebrate the past, and to confirm his September release of his Thug Motivation 103.  Vids inside....

Jay-Z surprised the crowd hopping on stage for the "Go Crazy" remix.

 

Fabolous & Young Jeezy performed "Flexin," & "Rollin":

And Kanye got it poppin' with "Put On":

On a sidenote, I realized last year Jeezy is one of the best rap concert performers.    Shocking yet true.  Keeps it hype from start to finish, rarely having a hype man. 

Oh, and Fab and Jeezy hit up their fave spot in the city afterwards--Perfections strip club:

Sigh.

Vids: RapRadar.com/AllEyesOnWho.com

PROMO FAB: Ashanti Back In The Studio, Releases New Promo Pic

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 05:37 AM PDT

We told you earlier that Ashanti was back in the studio working with folks like Lil' Wayne, and now we have her first promo pic from the new project. See the pic inside.....

The pretty singer just released a new promo pic shot by photog Robert Ector for her next album. 

She's also been tweeting about being in the studio for a few months now, most recently saying....

"Up in the studio with mad Haitian dudes dancin around!!!! Speakers knockin!!!! This beat is crazy!!!!!!!! SaK Paseeeeee!!! Lol!!!!"

Ashanti hasn't announced a release date yet but we'll keep you posted.  Loves the promo pic though.

 

Photo via Robert Ector

Lauryn Hill's Got Money To OWE...Her Guitarist Says He Never Got PAID

Posted: 26 Jul 2011 05:34 AM PDT

A former guitarist for new mom umpteen times over Lauryn Hill says she never paid him for a gig he did with her back on 2007.  He's now suing for his money...with no response yet from L Boogie.

 

Deets inside....

Jay Gore, a pro guitarist who played with Lauryn 4 years ago, filed a lawsuit on Ms. Hill demanding his $3590 he was promised.  According to TMZ, he claims he played in her band for 2 weeks, but never got his check.

Lawsuits, baby daddy drama, and more.  Rough few months for Ms. Hill.  But at least she gets to show off her craft we all love on the upcoming Rock The Bells tour.  So ready.

 

Liya Kebede Featured In August 2011 Issue Of "VOGUE" + First Lady Michelle Obama Covers The September/ October 2011 Issue Of "AARP The Magazine"

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 04:32 PM PDT

 

 

Liya Kebede looks fierce in the August issue of VOGUE. See her photo and get the highlights on FLOTUS Michelle Obama talking about her role in the White House in the 2011 September/October of AARP The Magazine inside....

 

Liya Kebede gives a fierce shoulder pose in the latest issue of VOGUE.

In a Steven Meisel pictorial called "Double Take", Liya rocks some of the latest runway styles. And she does it well! 

Fans of Liya can also see the L'Oreal Paris model in the Autumn/Winter 2011 campaign for Balenciaga.

 

 

Also in magazines....

Michelle Obama takes us into her world as First Lady in the latest issue of AARP: The Magazine as she opens up about working with military families, being a role model and what she knew about Osama Bin Laden's death.  Here are some highlights:

 

On what they knew in the hours leading up to the capture of Osama bin Laden:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “I knew something was happening, but when it gets down to that level of secrecy, there’s just a small number of people who know anything.” “I was actually out to dinner with girlfriends, and I didn’t know until I walked in the door. It was later in the evening, and Barack had his suit on, because he was going to the press conference. And I said, ‘What’s going on?’” “I was like ‘Wow.’ Then I wanted to know the details: ‘How did it happen? Then what? And then what happened?’ I was probably like every media person.”

On explaining the mission to her children:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “I think kids instinctively feel that ambivalence—is this good or is this bad? And then you have to explain in a way that says it’s not good, but it’s good. The older kids, I think, get it. It’s a convoluted set of concepts. But I think they understand, when it’s placed in context.”

On a future in politics:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “The answer is N-O. Period, dot.” “I think one reason Jill and I are comfortable and happy is that we’re doing what speaks to us. And what I’ve learned as a woman growing up, getting older, is you’ve got to know who you are. And a politician—it’s never been who I was or wanted to be.”

On the difficulties of White House roles:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “For me it’s sharing my husband with the world. You get a little selfish sometimes. But every time I get irritated, or feel a little lonely or tired, I just think this is our duty. These men are doing a phenomenal service, and they’re doing it with dignity and calm.”

On being a role model for African- American girls:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “We did an event for military kids, and there were a lot of African American young girls out there—little black girls who were just proud because they see themselves in somebody who they think is great.” “You can see it in their eyes. You can see it with the hugs and the way they hold on so tight. It matters. So I do embrace it.”

On doing the Dougie at a Let’s Move! event:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “I’ve got little kids. They’re always trying something. And I happen to be very good at dance-mimicking. [Laughs.] For some reason, if I watch somebody do a move for a while, and it’s not too hard or complicated or requires me to throw my leg over my head and flip, I can sort of figure it out.”

On getting involved with Joining Forces:

MICHELLE OBAMA: “My affinity and passion for military families came out of meeting many of these women while campaigning. Their stories moved me.” “The population that AARP serves has some of the highest numbers of people who volunteer. We’ve got military families who are in need today, and our Joining Forces call to action is a way to use that wonderful time and energy and direct it toward some of these families.” “People don’t have to reinvent themselves. If you live near a base, there are plenty of opportunities, whether it’s throwing a baby shower for expectant mothers or doing things at the schools with military kids or offering to drive a car pool. Those things matter.” “Look within your own community. Look within your church, your kids’ school. Connect with military families and find out what their needs are.”

 

 

Photography by Steven Meisel Photo via Steven Meisel/ Liya's hair by Guido for Redken/ Make-Up by Pat McGrath / Set design by Mary Howard

Beyonce Dishes It Up For First Gay Press Interview In 6 Years, Talks "A Star Is Born" & Lady Gaga

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 02:18 PM PDT

Beyonce's still running the world amongst other things after her 4 album release.  She did an interview for her gay fans...her first interview with gay media in 5 years.

 

Check out her chit-chat with PrideSource where she dishes about Lady Gaga, how her hair & makeup people keep her in the know, her new role in "A Star Is Born," plus what she learns from her gay fans....

Bey chatted with Between The Lines/PrideSource website recently.  And they got King Bey to open up about why she feels Lady Gaga is the most talented pop star in the world, plus her connection with her gay fans:

I know, according to you, the girls run the world - but what do you think about the girls and the gays teaming up and running the world together?

Well, that's what I meant when I said girls. (Laughs)

Do you know enough gay people so that we could successfully pull this off and take over the world?

Absolutely. I think it's happening already. I remember my friends were telling me when the song "Run the World (Girls)" first came out in the clubs the kids were going crazy, and I thought it was so wonderful and I was so excited to know that the reception was so positive.

You don't do a lot of gay press, but you have to know that you have a huge a gay following.

Yes, I do.

When did you feel a real connection with your gay fans?

I've always had a connection. Most of my audience is actually women and my gay fans, and I've seen a lot of the younger boys kind of grow up to my music. It's great when I'm able to do the meet and greets, because I'm able to really connect and have conversations. People look at some of the artists that I admire - like Diana Ross and Cher - and they identity that glamour with Sasha Fierce, and I've been really inspired by the language. I have my (gay) stylists and my makeup artist, and all of their stories and the slang words I always put it in my music. We inspire each other. Like I said, we're one.

 

I have so many stories; I don't even know where to begin. I know that I just recently had a contest where I had everyone reenact my artwork on Twitter. Just seeing some of the guys who dressed up - like my hairstylist dressed up as Sasha Fierce from "Single Ladies" for Halloween, and I saw so many people dressed up in that glove and bodysuit - really makes me feel like I'm doing my job and some of the fashion is making its mark. To know that people can be free and confident and do what they want themselves, and I can be the person they want to look like (laughs), it's really such a blessing for me, and it's very inspiring. I'm very happy and proud of that.

Yes, you've inspired lots of drag queens out there. What tips can you give them to be a better Beyoncé?

I have many different looks, so finding what works best for your silhouette and your face, because I've had every kind of hair style and I know for me there are certain things that I love to wear and there's certain makeup and colors - bright colors on my eyes - that just don't compliment my features. So I think just figuring out which Beyoncé works best for your figure and features.

For your upcoming role in the remake of "A Star Is Born," you'll be part of a lineage of gay icons including Judy Garland and Barbra Streisand. How does it feel knowing that? Is it intimidating?

I'm slightly a bit intimated, I have to say. I feel a bit overwhelmed, and I'm still in shock. (Laughs) But the studio and Clint (Eastwood, the director) believe in me, and I feel like I've been really selective and I've waited and worked really hard and I've done different types of movies - from comedies to thrillers to drama when I played Etta James - and I really wanted to make sure I was ready. I do believe that at this point I am ready and I've been disciplined and I've surrounded myself with really good actors. I hope this is going to be as wonderful of an experience as I feel it's going to be.

I just remember growing up seeing Barbra Streisand and knowing that she represented that generation's star, and being an African-American woman and being the person that's represented is such an honor. I respect it and I cherish it and I'm going to work so hard - harder than I've ever worked - to make sure that I live up to filling the shoes of those other women.

Last year, Lady Gaga made this remark in an interview with E!: "I was very excited to be working with Beyoncé again. It just sort of works out because we both like women." What did she mean by that?

(Laughs) Well... I'm all about women working together and supporting each other and learning from each other, and I feel like sometimes women get a bad rap. It's like we're competitive and we can't respect each other especially if we're both out around the same time - they think we're going to kill each other. And it's all about women learning from each other, and I respect talent and I respect people that work hard - and good people.

I love Gaga. I mean, if she didn't perform and she wasn't a singer, just as a human being I love her to death. But on top of it, she is the most talented pop star right now, and I'm so happy for her. It's just really inspiring to see someone who just creates their own destiny and comes up with their own looks and writes their own songs and choreographs and is in control and is not contrived. If you took away every bit of costume and she just sat in front of a piano, she would still tear it down. She's just that talented, and she deserves it all. And I'm just happy to work with her. I love her.

 

Peep the rest of the interview over at Pride Source.

Vivica A. Fox, Aisha Tyler And Sanaa Lathan At Comic-Con + Nicki Minaj Lands M.A.C. VIVA GLAM Campaign

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 12:44 PM PDT

Vivica A. Fox, Sanaa Lathan and Aisha Tyler were among the celebs who headed to San Diego over the weekend for the 2011 Comic-Con Festival.  See the pics inside and find out about Nicki Minaj's latest campaign with M.A.C.

Several YBF celebs were spotted at various events associated with the Comic-Con Festival in San Diego, CA recently.

While at the festival, Vivica A. Fox posed at an event hosted by Connected Kenneth Cole Reaction.  

Taraji P. Henson was also in town for the event. 

Reagan Gomez-Preston was there too.

Reagan and Sanaa were there to speak on the same panel.

Kevin Michael Richardson, Sanaa Lathan, actor/producer Mike Henry, writer/producer Rich Appel, actors Reagan Gomez-Preston and John Viener spoke at "The Cleveland Show" Panel. 

And gorgeous actress/funny woman Aisha Tyler posed with "Community" star Joel McHale.

 

And in fashion/music news.............

Rapper Nicki Minaj and Ricky Martin are the new spokespersons for the M.A.C AIDS Fund VIVA GLAM 2012 campaign.

The campaign will launch in February and all sales benefit the fight against HIV/AIDS. Nicki and Ricky are shooting the ads with photographer David LaChapelle in Miami today.

Nicki recently tweeted,

“Viva Glam Photo Shoot. Ur gonna GAG!!!!!” wrote an excited Nicki. “Can’t wait for my barbz & ken barbz to wear this new shade of lipstick! Wait til u see it! Sickening!!!!”

 

 

Photos via WireImage/Buckner/Jon Shrearer/Splash News

PHOTOSHOOT: Da Brat Renews Her Sexy Side For VIBE

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 11:53 AM PDT

It's the B-R-A-T.  Da Brat tat tat tat is BACK with a new photoshoot with VIBE.com.  And she's looking pretty darn cute.

 

Pics inside....

37-year-old Da Brat has been home from her 3-year jail stint for a few months now.  And she's already released some hot remixes, a mixtape, and now a photoshoot.  Brat, government name Shawntae Harris, has tapped into her girly side (usually she rocks ruff & stuff with her afro puffs Lady of Rage style...and braids) once again. 

And the Chicago rapper recently sat down with VIBE.com after releasing her Life After Death mixtape with her homie J.D.  Check her fab "Summer Sexy" shots and highlights from the interview:

 

White blouse is by Rachel Roy.  And the shorts are by Gap.

 

 

Brat dishes on her love for getting glammed up, fashion, her HOT mixtape, and more:

How did you feel about the Vibe.com photo shoot?

I absolutely loved it! The stylist Tamara Connor was amazing. Mara Z styled my hair with the help of her assistant Dina as well as my regular hairstylist, Shontelle Sampeur. Mara also did my makeup. Both hair and make-up were great. And I loved the photographer, Alex. I definitely want to do more photo shoots with him because I can tell he is passionate about his work.

 

Was it uncomfortable transitioning into a “sex symbol” or is this just another side of you that we never see?

I’m such a fucking lady. I loved to get glammed up. I love manis and pedis. I like to go to Vicky Secrets and La Perla because I like lace and bikinis. I’m such a P.Y.T. (Pretty Young Thug)

 

What type of message do you want to portray to women about their bodies.

Be who you are!

 

What are you doing to stay in shape?

Work out. Working out is like a stress reliever.

 

What type of clothes do you wear to make you look sexy?

It depends on the look and how I’m feeling that day.

 

What is your favorite body part?

I don’t have just one. I love all parts of my body! But on a man, I love the Adonis line. It’s just so sexy!

 

What do you have to say about your new mixtape?

It’s DUMB STUPID CRAZY! It’s HOTTER THAN A MOTHER FUCKER! BRAT IS BACK!

 

Peep the rest of the pics at the Source: VIBE

SPLITSVILLE: Ron Artest Reveals He And "Basketball Wives: LA" Star Kimsha Artest Divorced Years Ago!

Posted: 25 Jul 2011 10:39 AM PDT

We told you earlier that Kimsha Artest, the "wife" of Ron Artest had joined the cast of "Basketball Wives: LA", but it's been revealed that Ron and Kimsha divorced two years ago! Get the deets inside...

 

Kimsha and Ron Artest must be one of the friendliest divorced couples around as most folks assumed the couple were still together. But they aren't!

TMZ recently revealed that Ron and Kimsha (married in 2003) quietly divorced in 2009. The parting was very amicable and the couple share joint custody of their three kids.

Wow!  Well I guess they shouldn't have been expected to blast their divorce all over town...it's their business. 

But it's pretty interesting that Kimsha doesn't seem to have a problem still being identified as Ron's wife.  I'm sure if you mistakenly identified Shaunie O'Neal as the wife of Shaq you'd hear from her lawyer promptly.

No comments:

Post a Comment