Wednesday, July 9, 2014

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


LATE NIGHT SHENANIGANS: Halle Berry Plays Charades, Rolls And Flips With Jimmy Fallon On "The Tonight Show"

Posted: 09 Jul 2014 08:50 AM PDT

 photo article-2685519-1F7E8B1600000578-375_634x414.jpg

Halle Berry showed off her fun and playful side will promoting "Extant" on The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon last night.  Watch the Oscar-winner rolling around in her designer dress inside....

 photo article-2685519-1F7E8B3300000578-361_634x416.jpg

Rocking a sexy Avery Colorblocked Dress by Astars and Ruthie Davis shoes, Halle Berry stopped by "The Tonight Show with Jimmy Fallon" to promote her new tv show "Extant" (which is helmed by Steven Speilberg).  Speaking about the show, she told Jimmy, 'It's a lot of work. I had no idea what it was like to shoot a TV series and with a newborn who doesn't sleep through the night.'

Then....Halle reminded us why we fell in love with her. She said 'whatever' to her designer clothes and got down and playful. The fun times included charades, and a "How We Roll" game where she rolled around on a gym mat with Jimmy.
 

What Halle and Jimmy show how they "roll":

Halle plays charades:

 

 

"Extant" debuts tonight on CBS at 8pm CT.
 

EXTRAS:

1.  Former New Orleans Mayor Ray Nagin was just sentenced to 10 YEARS in prison in bribery scandal.   STORY

Photos via Getty

RUMOR CONTROL: Wendy Williams ON Being Called "Transgender" + Nick Cannon Addresses The Richard Pryor BioPic

Posted: 09 Jul 2014 07:14 AM PDT

 photo wendydkd9e94r.png

In today's rumor control, Wendy Williams address the folks who swear she was born a man and Nick Cannon clears up the Richard Pryor biopic rumors.  More inside....

Wendy Williams reads her Twitter and Facebook comments.  And she knows that there's a running joke that she was born a man.  But guess what....she's not bothered! In fact... she says it's made her stronger.  

While promoting her new stand-up comedy show "Lipshtick" in Las Vegas (July 11th), Wendy revealed that the show will touch on her tortured childhood and rumors that followed her as an adult.

"People do think I was born a man. That is absolutely not [true]. I get it. I've got a strong face, a strong body, I'm 5'11. I wear wigs."

Williams added, "There's no worse way to insult a woman than by saying she looks like a man, but once a woman gets over that, there is no stronger woman."

Bloop.

 

In other entertainment news...

There's been much speculation that Nick Cannon will be playing Richard Pryor in a planned biopic.  Is it true? Well.....it's just a rumor for now (that he's not going totally out of his way to dispute).  Nick talked to Mario Lopez on EXTRA and said,

“There’s a phenomenal director, Lee Daniels, who did everything from ‘The Butler,’ to ‘Precious.’ He’s assigned to the project, and he’s supposed to direct… He’s a personal friend of mine, and I’ve had the opportunity to kind of read with him, talk about it, but in my mind I’m trying to be the best man for the role. There’s several other people who’d love to play this role, and I’m just saying may the best man get it.”

He added,

“I started growing my hair and doing the look and everything. Crazy, because the rumors started right away… ultimately man, it’s a dream project, who wouldn’t want to be part of that legendary story, that legendary comic? He changed the face of comedy, so I’d love the opportunity.”

Hmmm.....another contender for the role is Marlon Wayans. Who do you think could pull it off best?
 

 

Photo via ABC

THANK US LATER: ESPN Magazine's 2014 BODY ISSUE Round Up

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 07:11 PM PDT

 photo bmxrider.jpg

ESPN has released the sexy bodies in this year’s Body Issue so we’ve rounded up the YBF athletes for some evening eye candy. Peep the barely there pics inside…

Earlier, we showed you Keri Hilson’s boyfriend, NBA baller Serge Ibaka, on the cover of the 2014 ESPN Magazine's Body Issue cover (Yes, we were drooling). And now the sports mag has released the additional covers and spreads of men and women athletes in professional sports.

As the first BMX athlete to ever be featured in ESPN Body Issue, Nigel Sylvester (above) is surely making a name for himself. The New York native has appeared in Esquire and Complex magazines amongst other fashion books and editorials. He also has endorsement deals with Nike, G-Shock, Gatorade and Beats by Dre.

In the magazine issue, Nigel talks about going nude for ESPN, racial discrimination in BMX riding and more.

Here are the highlights of what he had to say about his body and career:

Posing nude is just another challenge for me. I challenge myself on my bicycle every single day. It kind of goes hand in hand with what I do as a competitive athlete.

My shins are so jacked up. We call them "shinners" -- when you don't land properly and the pedal snaps back and hits your shins. For years my mom would say I would never find a wife with shins like that. But it's just part of my body that I've given to my sport. Just me giving my love to my art. But yeah, they are pretty jacked up.

BMX riding breaks down racial perceptions. Coming from New York City and being a BMX rider, that isn't something that's too common. I feel like for the longest time, I would ride through certain neighborhoods and people would call me a "white boy" because they associated white boys from California with BMX riding, and it bugs me so much because I'm completely not that. I completely don't fit that mold. It's really important for me to bring BMX riding to the masses and show people exactly what it is.

BMX riders are not daredevils at all. Everything I do is calculated.

My body is a direct reflection of what my bike has given to me over the years. I'm not the type of person who would go to a gym and work out, but BMX riding for me is a full-body workout. Every time I bunny hop on my bicycle, I'm lifting up the bike, which is about 23 pounds in addition to my entire body weight. On a regular day, we're bunny hopping a couple hundred times.
 

Also in the issue:
 

 photo baseballplayer.jpg

Major league baseball player Prince Fielder had no shame in his game.  His showed off his beefy physique saying:

"You don't have to look like an Under Armour mannequin to be an athlete. A lot of people probably think I'm not athletic or don't even try to work out or whatever, but I do. Just because you're big doesn't mean you can't be an athlete. And just because you work out doesn't mean you're going to have a 12-pack. I work out to make sure I can do my job to the best of my ability. Other than that, I'm not going up there trying to be a fitness model."

"I got some nice 22s. My dad has big arms, and everyone in my family has them, so it's just normal in my house. I had them when I was younger too, but obviously there was a little more cholesterol behind them [laughs]. They've always been big, just needed to fill them out with some solid stuff in there."
 

 

 photo mlynch.jpg

Big surprise here since NFL player/Superbowl champ Marshawn Lynch is never in the mood to talk to the media. He said:

"I got to show some love for the fat backs. Don't matter if we don't get love, as long as I give mine."

"Even though I get butt-a-- naked, I'm still gonna let my body do the talking for me. I'm cool with my body, I love my body. I wouldn't trade it for no other body."

 photo larryf.jpg

Arizona Cardinals NFL player Larry Fitzgerald:

"I'm kind of shy, to be honest. If I go to the pool or something, I keep my shirt on unless I'm getting in the water."

"My hair is a silent tribute to my mom. She passed away 11 years ago from breast cancer. She was always fond of my hair when I grew it out in high school. Every day I wake up in the morning, I can say, "Mom, I'm going to go out there and attack the day to the best of my ability." Her voice is still on my voice mail. Her [driver's] license is always with me -- I keep it close at all times."

 

 photo wnba.jpg

WNBA star Angel McCoughtry:

"I have a lot of corns on my feet. It goes back to growing up with big feet. I started getting smaller-sized shoes and squishing my feet into them so people would stop saying that I had big feet. I can't tell you how uncomfortable that was, always having my toes just scrunched into tiny shoes."

"To this day I regret ever doing that. Hopefully a little girl will see this and never feel bad about being tall or having big feet, because I really wish I never did that. God, I hate that I did that."

"When I get on the court, I don't feel like the same person. It's a different person coming out to play -- this aggressive, passionate person. Beyonce called her alter ego Sasha Fierce, so I got the idea to call myself Lori Ann. This was about two or three years ago. I thought it was a lot of fun, because when Lori Ann came out, she was aggressive and mean; she gets dirty. Lori Ann wants to win, she hates losing."

 photo bobsled.jpg

Olympic bobsledder Aja Evans:

"As a woman, you can't cop out. When I was training for bobsled, I trained with my brother [Vikings DT Fred Evans], Matt Forte, Tim Jennings and a bunch of guys from the Bears. They're like "If you want to train with the big dogs, you better handle it." They made it fun, but competitive. That's what I always liked about their mentality: No matter how hard they can go on the field, off the field it's all love."

I was trying to stay with them pound-for-pound. I even went out on the field with them. I don't think I'd be a receiver -- they said I'm too girlie when I catch the ball. I'm like, "I don't want to break my nails."

"It's like athletics just run in my genes. I have a very seriously athletic family. My mom was a track and field athlete. My father was a swimmer. My brother plays DT for the Vikings. My uncle is Gary "Sarge" Matthews, who is the famous MLB player and coach from the Cubs to the Phillies. And my cousin, Gary Matthews Jr., is a phenomenal player as well."

 photo boxing.jpg

Vetran boxer Bernard Hopkins:

"What's a diet? I don't have a diet. Jenny Craig got a diet. Seriously. I eat to live, not to die. Put that quote down there: I eat to live, not to die. A diet is going to win; it will every time."

"There is no secret. It's more of a discipline, more of a lifestyle. When someone sees me and they don't know anything about boxing, they never ever can imagine that I am almost 50 and competing and winning and a two-time champion headed to be three before the end of this year. It is well-documented how I treat my body. If you read Bernard Hopkins name in the dictionary, the definition would be "discipline."

If you haven’t already, check out Kerri Hilson’s man Serge Ibaka’s sexy cover here and tennis champ Venus Williams here.

ESPN Magazine's Body Issue 2014 hits newsstands Friday, July 11th.

Photos: ESPN
 

Common's "Diamonds" Ft. Big Sean + Ava DuVernay Inducted As Honorary Member Of Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 06:28 PM PDT

 photo CommonDiamonds_zpsdd467fdc.jpg

Common is set to drop his Nobody Smiling album on July 22nd.  And today, he released his single "Diamonds" featuring Big Sean.  Check it inside, plus director Ava Duvernay's big Greek honor...

Common's No I.D.-produced album is on the way.  But he's giving fans a peak with hid new "Diamonds" single.  Check it above.

 photo AKAHonoraryMemberAvaDuVerneyampAKANationalPresidentCarolynHouseStewartEsq_zps5c24b1d3.jpg

In other news, fab director Ava DuVernay was just granted honorary membership into Alpha Kappa Alpha Sorority, Inc.  Alpha Kappa Alpha's National President Carolyn House Stewart, Esq., presided over the ceremony, Stewart explained what made "The Doors" director Ava a fabulous choice:

 

“Those who are inducted represent the highest standards of character, courage and womanhood. Through her creativity, trailblazing work in film, and her passion towards her craft, Ava DuVernay embodies the Alpha Kappa Alpha ideal. Most of all, through her work, she serves the worldwide community. This commitment is captured in Alpha Kappa Alpha’s credo: ‘Providing service to all mankind.’”

 

Currently, the winner of Sundance's Best Director award is in production on the upcoming feature film SELMA, which chronicles the‎ historic 1965 voting rights campaign led by Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. Ava's directing the film from her screenplay, with Oprah Winfrey and Brad Pitt's Academy Award winning company Plan B serving as producers. The film will debut on December 25, 2014.

Congrats!

 

Photo: ©Victor Powell Photography

FASHION GIGS: Rita Ora Named New FACE Of Roberto Cavalli + Russell Westbrook Teams Up With Barneys For Unisex "Westbrook Frames" Eyewear Launch

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 05:03 PM PDT

 photo rita2.jpg

Rita Ora just got upgraded in the fashion world. The Roc Nation artist was named the new face of Roberto Cavalli. Also, OKC baller Russell Westbrook is making his debut onto the fashion scene with his brand new unisex eyewear launch. Check the fashion deets inside….

Roc Nation artist Rita Ora is taking her model talents (becaus elet's face it, NO ONE knows her for singing, just her daily sidewalk catwalks) to the next level after she was officially named the new face of luxury brand Roberto Cavalli. And she’s serving up some Marilyn Monroe/Madonna tease for the Fall/Winter 2014-2015 advertising campaign.

After previously posing it up in campaigns for Rimmel, Material Girl and DKNY, the “I Will Never Let You Down” singer is proving she can handle being the new spokesperson for the luxe brand. And she’s looking pretty damn good.

Shot by Francesco Carrozzini (who occasionally directs videos for Beyonce) the sultry singer dons the designer’s uber fab printed and textured gowns, a super sexy, plunging pant suit and accessories. 

Peep the campaign pics below:
 

 photo rita1.jpg

 photo rita5.png

 photo rita4.png

Love this look.

 

 photo rita3.jpg

Hot.

Also on the fashion scene....

 photo rw1.jpg

Oklahoma City Thunder point guard Russell Westbrook is using the off-season to step into the fashion world with his brand new “Westbrook Frames” unisex eyewear collection launch.

Teaming up with luxury department store Barneys, the OKC baller is using his flair for fashion to offer up some trendy and affordable eyewear, catering to both men and women.

As the first ever non-traditional designer with his own Shop in Shop at Barneys, Russell is proving he’s really serious about his fashion ventures. 

On his own website, he's selling eyewear with L.A. names, as an homage to his hometown.

A limited edition unisex collection of 3 frame styles (named Harlem, Madison and Soho) in 4 colors will simultaneously be sold exclusively at Barneys. This is Russell’s first brand launch under the Westbrook name.
 

Peep a few of his designs below:

 photo rw4.jpg

 photo rw3.jpg

Recently, the OKC point guard opted out playing for Team USA in September in the World Cup in Spain to fully recover from injuries sustained during the regular season. Now he has some extra time on his hands to keep designing.

Check out the full eyewear collection at WestbrookFrames.com.

 

Photos: Roberto Cavalli's FB/Rita's IG

GO DIRECTLY TO JAIL: Apollo Nida Gets Shortened 8-Year Sentence

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 04:32 PM PDT

 photo ScreenShot2014-07-08at54517PM_zpscee3a1cc.png

Oh Apollo.  It's time for you to go directly to jail.  Don't past Go, or anything for that matter.  Deets inside on the house husband's latest sentencing inside...

Apollo Nida was just sentenced to 8 years in prison for his fraudulent and felonious activities, which he plead guilty to back in May.  This is shorter than the expected 30 year sentence.  Why did he get a break?  Because, as previously reported, he's working with the Feds on the case and spilling tea to them in order to catch others involved

According to TMZ:

Nida -- who appears on "Real Housewives of Atlanta" with wife Phaedra Parks -- was just sentenced to 8 years in federal prison for cashing stolen checks and laundering more than $2.3 mil through phony bank accounts.

The judge who sentenced him today in a Georgia court said Nida did indeed cooperate with federal investigators by spilling criminal secrets ... and that's why he got leniency.

Looks like

How is his "RHOA" star and legal eagle wife Phaedra Parks taking the news?  Well, she spent last weekend partying it up in Mexico with Kandi and co. for Fantasia's 30th birthday.  And yes, it was public knowledge that Apollo's sentencing would be around now.  We can't say we're mad at her for keeping calm and carrying on. Especially since she avoided getting her name swept up in this mess, despite the fact others say she was WELL aware of her husband's illegal activities.

Apollo has yet to comment.  But has no problems continuing to promote his upcoming appearances...

 

Photos: Apollo's IG

 

THEIR PR STUNT CONTINUES: Joseline Hernandez & Stevie J Patch Things Up DAYS After Social Media War

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 03:53 PM PDT

 photo josesteviebackon.png

Days after confirming she was no longer wearing her wedding ring, Joseline Hernandez and Stevie J seem to have patched things up and are back on. Sighs...deets inside…

These two must really be working on landing their own spinoff show after their latest publicity stunt. A few days ago it looked as if married “Love & Hip Hop ATL” stars Joseline Hernandez and Stevie J had called it quits after a nasty social media war.

There were reports that Stevie ran to the media to reveal his split with his Puerto Rican princess first. Then Joseline confirmed they were over in a video that was captured as she hit the stage at Supperclub in L.A. She said, “And to answer your question n*gga, NO I ain’t got on no muthaf*ckin wedding ring since you wanna be all up in muthaf*ckin business.”

Before that, Joseline’s Twitter and Instagram accounts were hacked (we’re not saying any names but you can guess by who) where she was allegedly exposed on all of the high-profile men (i.e. Rick Ross, Drake, Nelly, etc.) she ALLEGEDLY slept with.

Joseline had to create a new Instagram account to confirm her Twitter page was indeed hacked. But now, it seems she has regained access of her original Instagram handle and posted a video of her and Stevie…together.

And it went a little something like:

Not only that....

 photo joselinestevieson.png

The self-proclaimed Puerto Rican princess also posted a picture of her and Stevie along with Stevie’s son and his friends. So we guess it's official.

The thirst....

Photos: Joseline's IG

TV FAB: Lil' Mama Gets EMOTIONAL On "Just KeKe", Opens Up About Losing Her Mother & More

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 03:23 PM PDT

 photo Just-Keke_1007_0553.jpg

Rapper Lil' Mama appears on BET's "JUST KEKE" today where she opens up about her mother's death and how it was both the high and low point of her life.  Watch the tape inside....

 

If you're one of the millions of viewers who watched Lil' Mama's spot-on portrayal of Lisa "Left Eye" Lopes on VH1's "CrazySexyCool: The TLC Story", you'll recall the scene where Left Eye learned of her father's death. Well...on today's episode of "Just KeKe", viewers learned that Lil' Mama pulled on some real-life experience for that scene.  She opens up to KeKe Palmer about losing her mother and how it was BOTH the high and low point of her life.

Keke: There’s one thing I really want to talk about. You always talk about your mother and how she was always your number one supporter. I know you have so much love for her. But, what people don’t realize is, when you were coming out with your first album, your mother…she was dying of cancer.

Lil’ Mama: Absolutely.

Keke: What was that like for you, such a big moment almost being over-shadowed by a big loss?

Lil’ Mama: …I always refer to it as being like the highest point in my life and the lowest point in mylife…It’s like, you don’t ever wanna lose a parent, you’re never thinking about that. So for it to be happening at the same time was like, oh my God. I literally had to come off of the tour with Chris Brown and all these guys, Bow Wow and Soulja Boy, Sean Kingston… I was the only girl on the tour. I felt like amazing, but at the same time it was difficult because it was pressure to finish the album, it was pressure to be always on. And you know, that wholetime I’m thinking about my mother’s health, I’m thinking about is she happy?

Keke: …Mama and I are kind of one and the same. I was bullied as a kid and kind of, people didn’t really understand you. I was definitely one of those people that was misunderstood as a kid. But what Mama shared with me that I also have with my mom, is that her mom was, literally the scene that they do at the beginning of “Lip Gloss” was a real life thing that happened. She was like “Mom, they don’t understand me” and this that and the third and she was like “Just be you” and that’s how it all came about. That’s always touched me because I’m very close with my mom as well.

Lil Mama: Yeah, it’s funny you say that because when I look back at that video. Now, it’s like I don’t wanna cry, but it’s like when she says (Lil Mama pauses, tears up and takes a deep breath) I’m always crying, I’m a crier. When she says, “Mama it wasn’t the lip gloss, it was you all along” it really inspires me to just keep going no matter what….

 

Nice.

 

 

 

Photo via BET/Warner Bros.

N.E. HEARTBREAK: Bobby Brown STRUGGLES To KEEP UP With Ralph, Johnny, Ronnie, Ricky & Mike During PERFORMANCE!

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 02:48 PM PDT

 photo febirivdffdffre.jpg

KING Bobby Brown was caught "tapping out" during a recent New Edition concert in Mississippi .  Watch Bobby "struggle" to  to keep up on "If It Isn't Love" inside...

 photo newedition.png

Let's start by saying this post is #noshade because we remember all those years BEFORE Chris Brown and Usher, when BOBBY BROWN was THE R&B performer of a generation. 

Having said that, Mr. "Every Little Step" missed a few steps during a recent show in Mississippi.  While performing "If It Isn't Love" with New Edition, Bobby literally taps out at the 00:40 mark.  But we'll give him credit, he NEVER stopped singing...just dancing.  And then dude just eventually walked off the stage.

#TheStruggle

 

Photo via Bobby Brown's Twitter

Savannah James -- Flossing Baby Bump On James Family Vacation

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 02:00 PM PDT

 photo vanybf_zpsd71abb83.png

Despite the fact neither LeBron James or Savannah James have confirmed themselves that they have a baby on the way, Savannah wasn't hiding anything on their recent family vacay.  Check out the baby bump inside...

While it's already been confirmed by Miami Heat President Pat Riley that Bron Bron and Savannah have a baby girl on the way, the couple oddly has been 100% mum about the pregnancy.

But on the recent James Family Vacation, Savannah proudly showed off her bump in family pics...that found their way to Instagram.  Somebody's going to get checked!

Savannah looked cute and summery with her burgeoning bump while chilling with Gloria James, the kids and the rest of the family on a beach vacation:

 photo ScreenShot2014-07-08at20925PM_zps2156885e.png

 

Check their pics above.

 

Photos: Instagram

PREGGERS WATCH: Zoe Saldana SPOTTED With BUMP On Grocery Run In L.A., Hits LAX With Husband Marco Perego

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 12:20 PM PDT

 photo zpr3.jpg

TheYBF.com has officially put Zoe Saldana on preggers watch! We have been following her possible bump over on Instagram, and now we’re convinced she's got a baby on the way.. Decide for yourself inside…

Well what do we have here? *squints* Looks like a growing belly under Zoe Saldana’s black tank-top.

The last time we spotted Zoe, she was strolling through L.A. hiding her belly behind her Barneys shopping bag, which fueled rumors that the “Rosemary’s Baby “actress is pregnant. And after seeing this pic of the FASHION magazine cover girl making a grocery run in L.A. recently, it seems this really may be the case.

 photo zpr1.jpg

Yesterday, Zoe and her husband Marco Perego were spotted hand-in-hand as they made their way through LAX to catch a flight to Paris. Notice the extra-flowly shirt Zoe is rocking.

 photo zpr2.jpg

Mmhmm…

 

Photos: Splash News

KINGS OF COMEDY: Katt Williams SAYS He PAVED The Way For Kevin Hart’s SUCCESS + Kevin Hart GIVES Back To Young Entrepreneur In Philly

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 11:14 AM PDT

 photo kattknee.jpg

Katt Williams is speaking out Kevin Hart’s explosive success. And he’s taking ALL of the credit. Meanwhile, Kevin Hart shows how much of a heart he has, giving back to an 8-year-old boy in his hometown. More inside…

 

In the past couple of years, Kevin Hart has been taking over the entertainment industry by storm. Selling out box offices with several hit films and trekking the nation for his sold-out stand-up comedy tours, he has arguably become one of the biggest comedians in Hollywood.

But fellow comedian Katt Williams (who supposedly retired from stand-up back in 2012 after a slew of legal troubles) says he’s the reason Kevin has received so much success and that he was the one who paved the way for the Ride Along star.

During a recent interview with Bishop Don "Magic" Juan (aired by VLAD TV), Katt revealed he "told Kevin Hart's people how to make him Kevin Hart” and that he doesn’t mind competition. He also claimed that he was the one who created the BET Hip Hop Awards and addresses the rumors of him having to forfeit hosting duties in 2008 after losing a dance battle with T-Pain.  Sigh.

So will Katt ever attend another BET Hip Hop Awards show? He says not while Stephen Hill is President. Oh…

Check it:

Now...Katt is making a comeback to the stand-up comedy scene. He's gearing up for the release of his new Spike Lee directed comedy special "Priceless" which airs August 16th on HBO. Check the trailer below:

 

Meanwhile....

 photo kevinride2.jpg

After hitting the On The Run tour stop in Philly for his birthday, Kevin Hart (above on the set of Ride Along 2 yesterday with director Tim Story) got into the do-gooder spirit while visiting his favorite cheesesteak spot.

As Kevin was walking in to grab a bite to eat, he was swarmed by excited fans. One in particular, 8-year-old Kyshone Smith. According to Philly.com, Kyshone and his grandmother Janice Brown were in the streets of Philly selling bottled water and homemade jewelry. Their proceeds go to their select charities in honor of Janice’s daughter and granddaughter who were killed after a motorist, who was fleeing from police, trampled them on the sidewalk where they were sitting.

Kyshone walked up to the the Ride Along star and asked him if he would like to purchase a bottle of water.

To his surprise, Kevin said, “I want 20 bottles.”  And he handed over a crisp $50 bill.

Nice!

 

Photos: Pacific Coast News/FameFlyNet
 

 

 

Kelly Rowland Takes Her BABY BUMP & Trainers To Lunch In L.A.

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 10:26 AM PDT

 photo rentk7_zpseccda07c.png

Newlywed Kelly Rowland brought her new mommy glow to Urth Caffe yesterday as she grabbed lunch with her trainers, including Jeanette Jenkins.  Check out the super cute mommy-to-be inside.....

Yesterday in L.A., after a quick pre-natal work out at the gym with her trainer, Kelly & Co. trekked it to Urth Caffe to grab a healthy bite to eat. And the super happy "Dirty Laundry" singer was holding her baby bump and laughing it up.

 photo renk7_zps9eede2c8.png

The crew caught wind of the paps eyeing them and continued on with their lunch...

 photo rentk5_zpsd41ea25a.png   photo rentk3_zps33a1b775.png

And Jeanette, Kelly's trainer and fitness guru, was also seen walking behind Kelly in this striped maxi dress:

 photo rentk2_zps3be1a0a8.png  photo renk1_zps3b4123c8.png

And beforehand she hit the gym and showed off her cute tummy:

 

 photo article-2685258-1F7CC3D800000578-469_634x632_zps636c8229.jpg

Adorable Kelly!

 

Pics: Splash/Jeanette's Instagram

MAGAZINES: Zoe Saldana Opens Up To 'FASHION' Magazine About Her Marriage And "Competition" In Hollywood + Oprah Talks Surviving In Heels For OWN Magazine

Posted: 08 Jul 2014 09:37 AM PDT

 photo magateasa.png

Zoe Saldana and Oprah Winfrey are making waves on newsstands with Oprah teetering on high Louboutin heels and Zoe revealing how competitve Hollywood really is.  Deets inside....

 photo Fashion-Magazine-August-2014-Zoe-Saldana.jpg

Zoe Saldana is undeniably one of the hottest stars in Hollywood. With upcoming roles in blockbuster sequels for Star Trek and Avatar, and a controversial biopic about Nina Simone, it's hard to ignore the Latina beauty. It's also hard to ignore that her clothes are becoming less revealing and often shield her tummy area. (We recently put her on baby bump watch? You KNOW TheYBF.com is ALWAYS right about these things. We're just saying. Check our receipts.)

For the August 2014 cover of FASHION, shot in L.A.’s Milk Studio by Chris Nicholls, Zoe models a Julien Macdonald dress, DSquared earrings and an MCL ring while opening up about her films, her marriage (which we blew the lid off of) and shares her best advice to women.  And seeing that she's in umpteen films a year it seems, it's hard to believe she feels the heat of competition.  Here are the highlights:

 photo article-2683590-1F75018B00000578-302_634x931.jpg
 

On her view of competition in Hollywood:
“I was a ferocious dancer so therefore I was a ferocious up-and-coming actress. When it comes to auditions, I’m not competitive with anybody. I don’t even know who’s sitting next to me. I wouldn’t even tell you if it was a blonde or brunette. The moment you compare yourself, it weakens you.”

 photo article-2683590-1F74FFB700000578-100_634x865.jpg

On her marriage to artist Marco Perago after her break up with Bradley Cooper:
“I was finally able to spend time without being in a relationship and even though, it was a short period of time, it was beautiful. Where I lost that fear of being alone. It was bliss. Then I met my partner when I was in really a beautiful place in my life. It was like I found all my answers with him not in him. I was finding my answers on my own.”

 photo Fashion-Magazine-August-2014-Zoe-Saldana-01.jpg

On what her role in the next Avatar will be like:
“[Neytiri] is stronger than what I wanted this time, but she’s also very vulnerable. It’s very much her journey and I accepted the job again because I believe the script has her going in the right path. Jake and Neytiri are very much still a force to be reckoned with.”

On the best advice a woman can get:
“It’s important to not have women be afraid of you, to accept your mortality and your aging so that you can be a better mentor for up and coming women. Whenever these young women come and they just want to take everything all at once, just because they’re younger and their asses are harder and plumper, you kind of go, ‘Child, sit down. Yes, you’re beautiful but listen to these 1, 2, 3s.’  1. Don’t hike up your skirt too much. 2. I’m pretty sure you’re intelligent so act like it. 3. Read a book.”

Snaps.  Pick up FASHION Magazine's August 2014 issue starring Zoe Saldana on newsstands July 14th.

 

Also on newsstands......

 photo article-2683682-1F74B05300000578-273_634x779.jpg

On the cover of OWNs August issue, Oprah Winfrey commands center stage in a pair of 5-inch Christian Louboutins, a coral colored V-neck Todd Duncan sweater and an A line Oscar de la Renta skirt.. Shot by famed shutterbug Ruven Afanador, Oprah spoke about the heels saying, 'They're like wearing stilts!'  But you look good Lady O!

 photo article-2683682-1F74B04600000578-779_634x788.jpg

Hitting newsstands on July 15, the August issue carries the theme "Your Breakthrough Is On Its Way." So what does Madame O have to say about breakthroughs?

'I love the very idea of breakthrough moments, breakthrough times in our lives. I would have to say that the biggest breakthroughs for me have always happened when I was going through a difficult time and suddenly came across an "aha" moment or an opening.

So what I’ve learned from all of the breakthroughs in my life experience is that not one single thing you ever have to go through, or get through, is wasted. All experiences are greater possibilities for a moment of awakening and enlightenment.'

 

Have you had a breakthrough?

 

Photos via Ruven Afanador/Chris Nicholls

 

No comments:

Post a Comment