Thursday, February 17, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Sarah Jessica Parker thinks “there’s one more story left” in the SATC franchise

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 10:26 AM PST

fp_6778840_parker_jessicasarah_aar_10_12

These are photos of Sarah Jessica Parker in NYC yesterday, filming that romantic comedy she's doing with Pierce Brosnan. In some of the shots, she's fake-crying. At least, I hope that's her "rom-com fake cry" because if that's really her emoting… well… yikes. Anyway, I think I mentioned this a couple of months ago, but I finally got around to watching Sex and the City 2. I have to say, I actually enjoyed it much more than the first one. The first movie was just Carrie whining and acting like an a–hole for two and a half hours. While SATC 2 had huge, gigantic problems (like racism, narcissism, ugly Americanism), at least the pace was quick and I actually laughed at a few parts. Coming out of the film, though, I had one thought: "Well, they did it. They finally killed it. A once beloved franchise is now dead." Not so fast! SJP was just interviewed by the LAT, and she thinks there's "one more story to tell." UGH. Just burn it with fire, SJP.

The prospects for another “Sex and the City” movie have been in question ever since the diminished box-office dollars and lukewarm reviews for “Sex and the City 2″ began coming in last spring. But Sarah Jessica Parker, who produced as well as starred in the two Michael Patrick King creations, said this week she’s not willing to give up on the franchise just yet.

“I would go back,” said Parker, speaking to 24 Frames on the New York set of her new movie, the working-woman comedy “I Don’t Know How She Does It.” “I think http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/movies/2011/02/sex-and-the-city-3-satc-carrie-bradshaw-blake-lively-sarah-jessica-parker.html. I know there is.”

The second “SATC” ended with Parker’s Carrie Preston and Chris Noth’s Mr. Big reconciling their marriage differences after said nuptials faced a threat from Carrie’s former beau Aidan. Over six TV seasons and two movies, however, there have been no children (yet) for the former Miss Bradshaw, something that a third film could explore.

But Parker, taking on her biggest film role with “I Don’t Know How She Does It” — in which she stars in pretty much every scene — said she may not be interesting in reprising her iconic role at this point in her career.

“I’d definitely tell that [third] story, and I know Michael would do it right. But maybe not now. Maybe in five years, you know?” she said.

Parker explained that the impulse to wait came from a desire to feel challenged in her work.

“It’s not that I want to get away from [SATC]. In a million years, who could get away from it?” she said. It’s just that “if I’m not scared again that’s not good for me. That’s literally no good for me. If I’m not terrified and nauseous and worried the first two weeks of production, then what’s going to happen? You could wither on the vine. It’s like if you can’t use your leg. It just atrophies.”

Some reports have said that a new movie would, in the manner of so many Hollywood franchises, take the shape of a prequel, with Blake Lively taking on the role of a young Carrie Bradshaw. (Candace Bushnell is set to publish “Summer and the City,” about a 19-year-old Carrie’s move to New York that said movie would be based on.) Parker said she was pretty taken aback by those reports.

“I was like, Wha-a-a-a-t?’ ” the actress said. She said she wasn’t opposed to the idea of a “Sex and the City”-type story with twentysomethings — she just didn’t feel it should feature specifically SATC characters, especially since both the TV series and the movies explained some of those characters’ backstories.

“There are a lot of important and interesting stories that 21-year-olds can tell,” Parker said. “I don’t begrudge any 21-year-old the opportunity to tell their stories. They prove to us on an everyday basis that they’re interesting. Even their narcissism is interesting. Even their inertia is interesting. Even their tonal speech patterns are interesting.

“But I don’t think we can pretend to go back,” she continued. “It’s creating two histories. It’s like, ‘Oh I didn’t know that about Carrie Bradshaw.’ “

[From The Los Angeles Times]

Okay, that interview was kind of hilarious. At first SJP is all "I love SATC, I would never run away from it, we'll totally do another movie" and then the dark side rises and she starts talking about feeling atrophied. Also, I find this to be hilariously bitchy: "I don’t begrudge any 21-year-old the opportunity to tell their stories. They prove to us on an everyday basis that they’re interesting. Even their narcissism is interesting. Even their inertia is interesting. Even their tonal speech patterns are interesting." LMAO. That's her polite way of saying "These young, lazy, vapid, narcissistic whores have a place in society too. I'm hip, I swear."

fp_6778750_parker_jessicasarah_aar_00_12

fp_6778754_parker_jessicasarah_aar_04_12

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Lady Gaga wears a condom dress & a diaphragm hat to GMA

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 08:44 AM PST

lady_gaga_015_wenn5610312

These are some photos of Lady Gaga getting completely mobbed on her way out of the Good Morning America studio. She's wearing… a latex suit. It's a Condom Dress. Literally, that's what people are calling it, and I think Gaga is calling it that too. I don't know what the hat is called, though. The Diaphragm Hat? Sure. Apparently, she wore the Condom Dress to raise awareness about AIDS. It's an important issue. Gaga is one of the spokeswomen for MAC Viva Glam, and she's the face of one of the lipstick colors in which the proceeds go to charity. So her message seems to be: wear condoms and buy Viva Glam.

LADY GAGA highlighted the importance of safe sex on Thursday (17Feb11) by donning a flesh-coloured, “latex condom-inspired” dress to promote AIDS awareness on U.S. TV.

The Paparazzi hitmaker appeared on breakfast show Good Morning America in her capacity as a spokesmodel for cosmetic giant MAC’s Viva Glam campaign, which raises funds to fight HIV around the world. And she let her fashion choice speak volumes as she sat down for an interview with presenter Robin Roberts.

She said, “Today was a latex condom-inspired outfit because we’re here to talk about safe sex. Today I really wanted to be representative of what we women all over the world need to be concerned about, which is the leading cause of death in the world, which is HIV.”

Gaga, still sporting the alien-like facial ridges she debuted at Sunday’s (13Feb11) Grammy Awards, revealed her goal for 2011 is to boost donations to Viva Glam to $50 million (£33.3 million) via the sale of her special line of MAC lipstick. She also urged parents to be more open about the topic of sex with kids to ensure they know about the dangers of HIV and AIDS from a young age.

She continued, “MAC has been fighting for identity, and for passion and love and protection for so long and that’s why I’m here. We raised $34 million last year and I want to raise $50 million this year for AIDS to save lives worldwide. I want to get people started at home at a younger age with their children talking about HIV, talking about AIDS, talking about safe sex. My mother talked to me about sex at a young age, and she always taught me to be self-aware… I encourage women all over the world, and men, to speak with your friends, your parents, your sister, your brothers, your uncles, your aunts, all the loved ones in your life, about safe sex, about protection, because it is a 100 per cent disease that we can prevent, but it is zero per cent curable.”

[From WENN]

Sure. Good issue. I think Madonna might have mentioned this stuff as well…? Ah, nevermind, it's a new generation, and they need to hear it.

lady_gaga_004_wenn5610307

lady_gaga_010_wenn5610316

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Elisabetta Canalis: “My maternal desires are fully satisfied with my dogs”

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 08:12 AM PST

wenn3131954

Oh, GOD. Elsabetta Canalis speaks! Again. And she's letting us know why she's got staying power as George Clooney's girlfriend - she isn't interested in all of that maternal junk, unless you're talking about Clooney needing a good spanking because he’s such a naughty boy. Eli gave an interview to the Italian edition of Cosmo, and she details her lack of desire to ever be a mom: "My maternal desires are fully satisfied with my dogs." You know George probably has a dog collar and leash on right now. Eli also expresses how happy she is to simply be "the girlfriend of…" Good thing, too. Because the girl cannot act.

A junior version of George Clooney sounds adorable – to everyone but his girlfriend, Elisabetta Canalis. The Italian model-actress, 32, who has been dating the Oscar winner since 2009, said she doesn’t plan on having any kids with her “American boyfriend.”

“[Getting pregnant has] never been an objective for me,” Canalis tells the Italian edition of Cosmopolitan. “My maternal desires are fully satisfied with my dogs.”

No surprise there: Clooney, 49, has previously shared the same sentiment about skipping out on fatherhood – and another wedding, after being married to actress Talia Balsam from 1989 to 1993.

Instead, Canalis is living her life in Los Angeles in the fast lane – literally. As a pastime, the couple likes to hit the road on Clooney’s motorcycle.

“We love the coast, the Pacific Highway, with its rocks, the surfers and the ocean,” she says.

And when they’re not enjoying one-on-one time, she says she has no problem staying in the passenger’s seat. “It’s relaxing,” she adds.

“I love it to bits,” she says. “I am happy to participate at events as the ‘girlfriend of.’ ”

While Canalis won’t be to specific as to what that role entails, she does provide one hint: Pointing out the difference between Italian and American men, she says it comes down to three words.

“Italian men find it really hard to say, ‘I love you,’ ” she says. “In summary, American men are more open from an emotional standpoint.”

[From People]

This helps me understand a little bit more why Eli and George are coming up on their two-year anniversary. George finally found himself a woman who shares his interests - no kids, no marriage, lots of kinky sex and lots of money. When I put it like that, I might be up for it too.

Also - what I wouldn't give for Eli's Iggy-Pop-nemesis Jennifer Aniston to simply state her position on babies as succinctly as this.

wenn3210150

wenn3023185

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Christian Slater gives a great interview, talks about his five-year sobriety

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 07:48 AM PST

slater

I think I'll probably always have love for Christian Slater. When I was just a girl, Christian was the hottest thing ever. And he got through early stardom and success to become a screwed up young man with addictions. He battled those addictions successfully, and now he's clean and sober and ready to do more work. I respect his journey - it's like Robert Downey Junior Lite. And while I think Christian is talented, he's never going to really have an RDJ-like career resurgence. But Christian might have some solid success, and he's got a new television show on Fox that he's promoting now. He sat down with Details for a nice little Q&A, and he talks sobriety, River Phoenix and Pump Up the Volume! The full Details piece is here, and here are some highlights:

DETAILS: After a couple of failed shows, you’re returning to television in the FOX comedy Breaking In. Is the third time the charm?
Christian Slater: That’s what we hope. [Laughs] I like to work. I’m like the Michael Caine of this side of the pond. I like feeling useful and productive. Hopefully it’s a passable script. Jobs are few and far between these days, so I’m just grateful for the opportunities. I have children and responsibilities now.

DETAILS: Quitting drinking and drugs must have really changed your priorities.
Christian Slater: The last five years of my life have been great. Really different. I just celebrated five years of sobriety. I’ve been trying to take time for myself and to be with my kids. I went to Africa and ended up building schools there. I went on a USO tour to Bahrain and Djibouti. I went to Walter Reed hospital. These aren’t things I ever considered doing.

DETAILS: No, these are not things people associate with Christian Slater.
Christian Slater: Look, I could spend a lot of time kicking the shit out of myself for the choices I made. I was dealing with alcoholism and addiction, and there was a lot to take on without much life experience. Addiction is not pretty, and you don’t fully understand it unless you’re dealing with it head-on. That’s why when I see other kids struggling, I will sometimes reach out to them—a call or an e-mail.

DETAILS: Really? Did you reach out to Lindsay Lohan?
Christian Slater: Sure, of course. I appreciated the people who reached out to me. It’s a brutal position to be in. You feel alone and confused over where your life went and how you got yourself in this situation.

DETAILS: In 1997, you were convicted of assaulting your girlfriend and a cop. What was jail like?
Christian Slater: Honestly, not so bad. Jail was a result of me not taking time for myself. So I was forced to take some time for myself. [Laughs ] It was necessary for me. When you’re going down that path, you either kill yourself or you’re forced to take time out.

DETAILS: In the nineties, you and River Phoenix were friends and seemed to be on the same path. Do you ever wonder why he didn’t make it and you did?
Christian Slater : All the time. I’ve had a couple of close calls, actually. The Crow, the Brandon Lee movie, was on my radar. A lot of people I’ve loved have died. A lot have been misunderstood, misdiagnosed, mistreated. Chris Farley. River Phoenix. Addiction is a killer. And it takes so much to recognize the problem.

DETAILS: What was your rock bottom?
Christian Slater: It wasn’t a specific thing. Probably one of those crazy nights when you wake up on the floor, your mother is standing over you, and she has to take you to the hospital. It’s humiliating. Or when you have to talk to your children through thick glass. I did One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest on stage twice, and the first time I was a lunatic. I hit that wall, and in the back of my mind I knew I was doomed. Thankfully, I was able to do the play again once I got sober.

DETAILS: Was there a spiritual aspect to your recovery?
Christian Slater: I’m not a religious person by any means. But I certainly believe in some kind of a higher power and something looking out for me. I’ve definitely had angels that have either guided me or helped me through moments in my life, without a doubt.

DETAILS: Was it tough to cut ties with the people who fueled your lifestyle?
Christian Slater: No. All you’re doing is escaping together.

DETAILS: You come from a showbiz family and started acting when you were 7, when your mom suggested you for a role on the soap opera One Life to Live. Do you regret starting so early?
Christian Slater: No. My dad was a theater actor, so I would follow him backstage. And my mom was a casting director. The moment I heard the applause and realized it would get me out of school, I was hooked. I did regret not graduating high school, but I made a point of going back and getting my GED later. It was important for my kids. Then I got involved with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and their program to encourage graduation. Now I’m an ambassador for education. [Laughs]

DETAILS: You’ve done a bunch of great movies and a bunch of bad ones. Can you tell if they’re good or bad when you’re doing them?
Christian Slater: Did I have any idea that Heathers would be a good movie? No. Pump Up the Volume? Yeah, I had an idea. I like that one.

DETAILS: There was a Heathers musical staged last year in New York. Did they approach you?
Christian Slater: The producer wanted me to come to the read-through, but I missed it. I heard it was really, really good. They’re thinking of doing something on Broadway. I don’t think I’d be in it. It’d be some kid playing me.

DETAILS: Are you in contact with Winona Ryder at all? Did you see her in Black Swan?
Christian Slater: No, not yet. I’ve always loved her, and I always wanted to work with her again. It’s great she’s doing well. Agents were sometimes like, “Oh, she’s crazy” or whatever, but I’m like, “What?” I worked with her. She’s great.

DETAILS: Back in the day, you had a reputation for dating some of the hottest women in town—Samantha Mathis, Christy Turlington, Winona.
Christian Slater: I don’t know what to say about that. Shit, I don’t know what to say about that. It’s a crazy town, and actors are nuts. It falls under the category of addictive behavior. I was just transferring that to women. Now I transfer it to Nicorette gum—I’ve been chewing that for six years.

[From Details]

See? He sounds… mature. Okay, whatever, I'm totally hot for him again. I love how he defends Winona, I love what he says about addiction, I love this: "I did regret not graduating high school, but I made a point of going back and getting my GED later. It was important for my kids. Then I got involved with the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and their program to encourage graduation. Now I’m an ambassador for education." Christian Slater for HGF?

wenn2747404

wenn2715927

Photos courtesy of Details & WENN.

Rolling Stone writer on Justin Bieber’s ‘everything happens for a reason’ rape comment

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 07:48 AM PST

Justin Bieber
Yesterday we heard some quotes from Justin Bieber’s new Rolling Stone interview, some of which sounded incredibly naive and potentially offensive. He said he didn’t know about politics but that “whatever they have in Korea, that’s bad,” and that he was against abortion because “that’s like killing a baby?” adding that “everything happens for a reason” when asked about abortion in the case of rape. I was willing to give him a break because he’s 16 years old. He’s a singer, not a theologian or politician, and teenage kids say stupid things. Plus he said some nice things about universal healthcare in Canada where he’s from, although a lot of you noted that I was probably giving him way too much credit for understanding what that means exactly.

Anyway the author of that piece, the woman who interviewed The Bieb, is explaining his “everything happens for a reason” rape comment in the context of the Christian belief that God has a plan for us all. She thought that Justin was struggling with coming to terms with what that meant to him and if he really believed it, and that’s why it came out so awkwardly. I think she’s giving him too much credit too:

“I really don’t believe in abortion,” the teen idol said. “It’s like killing a baby?” When asked if he was still adamantly pro-life in cases of rape, his stance didn’t really change. “Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason,” he said. “I don’t know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

This seemingly innocent opinion led to many headlines and jeers at Bieber’s expense, ridiculing him for implying something as traumatic as rape “happens for a reason.” But Grigoriadis, the interviewer, has a different opinion of what Bieber was trying to convey. “I think he meant that God has a plan,” she told PopEater. “Even for the most die-hard Christian, it’s hard to justify rape as part of God’s plan, and harder to justify rape that leads to pregnancy and abortion. I think he was wrestling with that in his answer, which I found to be solid and logical. I think it is being widely misunderstood. He did not say that rape was part of God’s plan.”

Another point of contention from the interview is the Canadian crooner’s admission that he never plans to become an American citizen. “You guys are evil,” he joked. “Canada’s the best country in the world.” The young man even took a dig at the U.S. healthcare system. “We go to the doctor and we don’t need to worry about paying him, but here, your whole life, you’re broke because of medical bills.”

Let’s give the kid a little credit here. Sure, he’s traveled the world and is in a higher tax bracket than most of us can even fathom, but how many 16-year-olds are even remotely aware of how insanely expensive healthcare can be? The fact that he’s cultured and tuned in to the everyday struggles of those surrounding him (he mentions his bodyguard’s premature baby and the costly complications stemming from that) is a refreshing glimpse of a Hollywood star that hasn’t completely lost touch with reality and everyday people.

In terms of whether or not Bieber is mature for his age, Grigoriadis agreed with the star’s manager that it really just depends on the day. She explained, “Scooter Braun was right when he said to me that Justin sometimes seems like a 16-year-old going on 14 and other times like a 16-year-old going on 32.”

Justin and his opinions on premarital sex are understandable — the kid is, after all, a sex symbol to millions of tween girls — but were the questions about abortion, rape and even politics appropriate given his age and the fact that these topics have seemingly nothing to do with his music, movie or any of the products he sells?

“I think that anyone who has as much sway in popular culture as Justin should be asked all questions,” Grigoriadis said. “I agree that he does not bring up these issues in his work at the moment, but it’s possible that he will in the future, as he decides that he wants the public to know more about him.”

[From Popeater]

I kind of agree with her in that I think Bieber was giving a pat answer to the rape question but it’s something he’s never really thought about before. Like he may assume he knows how he feels about it, but he hasn’t really processed it yet. As for the sex thing, he had a pretty solid answer to it, don’t have sex until you love someone, because he’s figured out how he feels about that one. Now that’s enough time analyzing the thought process of a 16 year-old kid who hasn’t gone to school in several years.

Update: Thanks to DListed for pointing out that Rolling Stone has issued a correction to their original quote about abortion from Justin. They left out the sentence in bold below, which makes it sound more like he’s trying to figure out what he wants to say:

Um. Well, I think that’s really sad, but everything happens for a reason. I don’t know how that would be a reason. I guess I haven’t been in that position, so I wouldn’t be able to judge that.”

Bieber is shown at the “Never Say Never” premiere at 2/16/11. Credit: PRPhotos

Justin Bieber

Justin Bieber

Helena Bonham Carter, royal blue in Berlin: delightfully crazy or just nuts?

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 07:20 AM PST

fp_6782361_api_kingspeach_01_23

Here are some photos of Helena Bonham Carter and Colin Firth promoting The King's Speech at the Berlin Film Festival. I love how Helena looks completely over it before she even steps on the red carpet. As I write about HBC more and more, I've begun to realize how child-like she is, and I don't mean that in a patronizing way. I think she's child-like in the way that she doesn't really feel the need to put on a "professional" face and act like she's having the time of her life on every red carpet. She's bored, and she looks bored, but she still does her job and gives good interviews and shows up like a good girl who is being told what to do. At this point, I really think HBC is doing all of this to support Colin, who she clearly adores. Colin is the one who puts on his "professional" face and acts like each red carpet is another magical journey. They're both lovely, in different ways.

I'm not sure about HBC's dress. I'm assuming it's Vivienne Westwod, just because that's what it looks like and Helena wears so much VW. I like that the dress and shrug are a little bit crazy and fun - it gives me high hopes that she's really going to bring it for the Oscars. I seriously cannot wait.

wenn9113905

fp_6782372_api_kingspeach_12_23

fp_6782382_api_kingspeach_22_23

fp_6782365_api_kingspeach_05_23

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.

Gwyneth Paltrow recommends clothes for your children that are not ‘ubiquitous’

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 07:07 AM PST

fp_6439166_paltrow_gwyneth_
I have a six year old son I could tell you about for hours. He’s awesome, he’s funny, he’s the smartest - just like your kid! This morning he went to school dressed in some navy cords from JcPenney, a Star Wars Lego t-shirt that cost like $7.50 at Peebles (on sale and he picked it out) and a sweatshirt from Old Navy. I think I got his shoes at Walmart. As terrible as that sounds to those of you who pay attention to the plight of workers in the third world it was cheap and we don’t have the disposable income to buy expensive clothes for our son. What’s more is that if I was rolling in it I wouldn’t spend a lot of money on clothes that my kid will grow out of in a few months anyway. Designer clothes on children is a pet peeve of mine.

In Gwyneth Paltrow’s latest Goop she talks about getting your kids clothing from lines that are producing “very unique, very cool, and not yet ubiquitous things for the little ones in your life.” I guess that could be cool if you have the money for it, but like most things that Gwynnie does it smacks of elitism. Sometimes she’ll throw some clothes from Top Shop or H&M into her clothing newsletters, but in this one there’s nothing mass market to be found. You can read the post here and I’m not going to excerpt it. The cheapest thing is a pair of knee socks that cost $24 USD (after currency conversion) and the most expensive is a hooded sweater/”jumper,” “made exclusively in Bolivia from local Alpaca wool” that retails for $105.

So it’s not quite insanely expensive like Suri’s wardrobe, but these are clothes for kids. They will gladly wear t-shirts from Target and think they’re cool, they just won’t look well dressed to the other well heeled mommies. Isn’t that what this is really all about? Isn’t that what Gwyneth is all about? Maybe she’s just helping some clothing designers out though, right?

Gwyneth is shown on 1/3/11 and 10/18/10. Credit: WENN and Fame

fp_5911463_rij_elle_women_7

Fashionista Faceoff: January Jones vs. Diane Kruger at the premiere of ‘Unknown’

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 06:49 AM PST

fp_6781299_rij_unknown_31_60

Last night was the big premiere of Unknown in Hollywood. That's the film starring Liam Neeson, Diane Kruger and January Jones, amongst others. It didn't occur to me before now, but Diane and January are both trying to be big high-fashion girls. Both have contracts with big fashion houses, both will wear "difficult" dresses, both regularly make the best and worst dressed lists. So… let's start with Diane and her barely covered biscuits. Her biscuits must have still been tingling after that fur-covered GQ shoot, because she's coming dangerously close to Full Biscuit Reveal Code RED in this Dolce & Gabbana mini-dress. If it had just a few more inches, I would love it. As is, she's making me really nervous. But I will say this… Diane was impeccably accessorized: Joshua Jackson is adorable.

fp_6781304_rij_unknown_36_60

fp_6781296_rij_unknown_28_60

Next up: January Jones in Alexander McQueen. I thought January looked like ten kinds of hell, and it wasn't even the awkward McQueen dress. She just looked drawn and exhausted, and the hair looks like mine after I've been working out for an hour. Dirty, sweaty, unwashed, gross. But yeah, I don't care for the dress. It seems like every ugly dress gets labeled "high fashion" these days.

fp_6781313_rij_unknown_45_60

fp_6781318_rij_unknown_50_60

Kim Kardashian in maternity wear, for some reason. If I was six months pregnant, I would adore this coat.

fp_6781173_rij_unknown_05_60

Lovely Liam Neeson. I'm not a huge fan of the scruffy facial hair, but Liam gets a pass. I still want to hug him.

fp_6781289_rij_unknown_21_60

Ooooh… Adian Quinn is in the movie too. God, I love him. I would do him even if he was wearing that funky necklace.

fp_6781306_rij_unknown_38_60

And RDJ! And Susan. They were at the premiere too. So cute.

fp_6781325_rij_unknown_57_60

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Celine Dion returns to Vegas, showing off her new princes, Nelson & Eddy

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 06:20 AM PST

celine_dion_10_wenn3213236

Celine Dion has made her triumphant return to Las Vegas! These photos are from her welcoming party/ceremony at Caesars Palace, where she happily showed off her four-month-old babies, Eddy and Nelson. I love how these photos have the vibe of an official visit by a head of state. It's like, "Queen Celine returns home to her emirate, Las Vegas." I also love how orange Rene Angelil is - he looks like a big carrot. The babies are adorable, though. The one that Celine is holding is all "Jimminy Crickets, FLASH!!!"

Celine Dion was seen yesterday at Caesars Palace in Las Vegas where she came to begin rehearsals for her high-profile show set to debut March 15 at The Colosseum, and she did not come alone.

Dion came with her 4-month-old twins Eddy and Nelson in tow, along with her husband and manager Rene Angelil and her 9-year-old son, Rene-Charles. The Daily Mail reports that the twins wore matching blue baby grows and white hats. The twins were cradled in their parents arms as they posed for fans and photographers at the steps of the hotel and casino.

Dion has revealed previously that she was originally supposed to have triplets this month, but lost one of the babies early in the pregnancy. The names of the twins are significant for the singer and her husband. Eddy is named after Eddy Mornay, the producer who worked on Dion’s first five albums.

Mornay was like a father to Dion. A rep of the couple said, “Eddy is a major influence in both Celine and Rene’s lives.”

Meanwhile, Nelson Mandela was the inspiration for their other twin’s name.

“Rene said that in just the few minutes they were able to spend with him, they were impressed by the human being he is,” the rep continued. “Celine and Rene want their children to be inspired by their names, because they were so inspired by these men,” the rep added.

[From PopEater]

So Queen Celine is back in her homeland, being paid buckets of money on a daily basis to sing her heart out. And she comes back home bringing two new princes to the queendom, hallelujah! Seriously, I'm really happy for Celine, and those babies are gorgeous. Oh, and Celine's nursing boobs look gorge too. All hail!

celine_dion_01_wenn3213227

celine_dion_21_wenn3213247

celine_dion_06_wenn3212660

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Proof Jessica Simpson really is starving for her wedding: she’s hired Tracy Anderson

Posted: 17 Feb 2011 06:18 AM PST

fp_6420840_simpson_jessica_
Last week the National Enquirer reported that Jessica Simpson was trying to lose weight for her wedding and that her fiance Eric Johnson was telling her to drop some pounds or the wedding was off. I said that it was likely that Simpson was trying to lose weight for her wedding because that’s what most women do, but that I doubted that Eric had issued an ultimatum or was particularly concerned with Jessica’s weight. He looks like he’s gained a few since hooking up with Jessica anyway.

In this week’s US Weekly, fraud celebrity trainer Tracy Anderson claims that she’s training Jessica and that “this is a big, forever lifestyle shift” for the accidental fashion mogul. Anderson recommends diets that are around the 800 calorie mark a day, well below the 1200 minimum calories recommended by nutritionists. Anderson has no certification or background in nutrition. To be fair, this article doesn’t say that Anderson is giving Simpson diet advice, it’s just implied. Simpson did go on a “cleanse” before starting the program.

Jessica Simpson, 30, has enlisted the help of celeb trainer Tracy Anders, who’s customized a routine that includes dance aerobics, ab work and strength training. After a few weeks of 75-minute, four-day-a-week workouts, “she’s seeing results,” says a pal. “She really loves it. She thinks it’s so much fun.”

The 5-foot-3 margarita and guacamole-loving star even went on a weeklong cleanse to kick start the regime and intends to cut back on fatty favorites for good. “She is in the mind set that this is a big, forever lifestyle shift,” Anderson tells US, adding that she plans to ramp up Simpson’s workouts. “Jessica has a killer body, but when she goes up to two hours, six days a week, then you will really see her transform.”

[From US Weekly, print edition, February 28, 2011]

What the hell is Jessica thinking? She used to work with Harley Pasternak, whose 5-Factor Diet and 5-Factor Fitness programs are actually sensible and easy to follow. (From what I’ve read, I haven’t done them.) She doesn’t need to get caught up with Tracy’s starvation and overexercise program. Everyone else is doing it, so I guess she’s on the bandwagon now. Good luck keeping it up once the big event is over.

Jessica and Eric are shown on 12/31/10. Credit: Fame. Tracy Anderson is shown showing off her bolt ons on 4/20/09. Credit: PRPhotos

Tracy Anderson

Tracy Anderson

No comments:

Post a Comment