Sunday, February 20, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Watch: Kylie Minogue Releases Final Dress Rehearsal Video Footage From Her New World Tour

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 02:14 PM PST

Warning: this post contains awesomely spoilery video footage that you **may** not want to see before Kylie Minogue kicks off her Les Folies Tour 2011 tonight in Denmark. Yesterday we got to see some behind the scenes photos of the show, today we get to see video footage — provided by Kylie herself — from the show’s final dress rehearsal. The video shows scenes from the actual show!


OMG!! So awesome!! This show is going to rule!! I cannot wait to see it for myself :D

[Source]

Daniel Radcliffe Does ‘Vogue’ Magazine

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 01:30 PM PST

Harry Potter star Daniel Radcliffe, who made his Broadway debut in Equus a couple of years ago, is making a return to Broadway this year in his first musical role. DanRad will be starring in How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying and his return to the Broadway stage is profiled in the new issue of Vogue magazine.

After the dark and magical Harry Potter, Daniel Radcliffe’s next role is set to be completely different. As the actor prepares for his debut musical theatre role on Broadway, the 21-year-old has given a sneak peek of his dancing skills in a new photoshoot for U.S. Vogue. The English star shares the stage with three scantily-clad showgirls in a stunning shoot by acclaimed photographer Annie Leibovitz at the Theatre Royal Drury Lane. The shoot comes as Radcliffe prepares to star in the New York revival of 1960s musical How To Succeed In Business Without Really Trying, which starts previews next week. In a departure from his role as the bespectacled wizard, Radcliffe will play the lead role of J Pierrepont Finch, a bow-tie wearing window cleaner who works his way up the corporate ladder thanks to a self-help book. In a behind-the-scenes video in Vogue.com, Radcliffe admitted he wasn’t too fearful of people pigeon-holing him because of his Harry Potter role. He said: ‘I think I would be concerned by now had I not done Equus and My Boy Jack.’ Despite his international fame, it was somewhat out of his comfort zone to be posing for fashion bible Vogue. He admitted: ‘I’m always very surprised when I find myself at a photoshoot for Vogue. I’m out here with three indescribably beautiful supermodels and I’m just going, “(I’m) 5ft 5… pale… how on Earth did I get here.’ Giving audiences a hint of what to expect when the show opens, he said: ‘The singing’s alright and I’ve been having lessons for about three years now. ‘Dancing is a different thing, my dancing pedigree is very good because my parents were very good dancers. My dad had one of the Northern Ireland ballroom dancing championships when he was about 15 or 16 and my mum won the all England for ballet when she was about 12, and so you would think it would be there in the genes… but it never showed up.’ But Radcliffe admits he’s been taking lessons and he’s ‘much, much improved’.

I think Dan will be fantastic in this show. Here is the behind the scenes video from Vogue:


I just love him. I enjoyed his work in Equus and I would love to see him in this new show. DanRad rules, he is a true star.

[Source, Source]

More Photos Of Vanessa Hudgens Getting Tattooed Have Surfaced

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 12:25 PM PST

On Thursday we got our first look at the new butterfly tattoo that Vanessa Hudgens got inked onto the back of her neck. Today we get to see a few more photos of Vanessa getting her tattoo and of the tattoo itself. I gotta say, I like the tat much more based on these photos. While I still personally think it’s a bit large, I love the tattoo itself.

It was quite literally a pain in the neck, but Vanessa Hudgens didn’t let the agony show as she got her first tattoo this week. Pictures have emerged showing the 22-year-old getting inked by Rihanna’s favourite tattoo artist, Bang Bang. While she first gave a glimpse of her tattoo on Twitter, the final full colour version has now been unveiled. New York based Bang Bang later said: ‘Vanessa told me it was an exhilarating experience. She loves this tattoo and was a dream to work with.’ Clasping what appears to be a beer in one hand, Hudgens grinned as he filled in the outline of the freshly drawn butterfly tattoo. Vanessa, who split from her High School Musical co-star Zac Efron in December, decided to get a tattoo after a dinner in Manhattan with Australian band The Veronicas and their friend, Ruby Rose. Model and DJ Ruby, 24, accompanied Hudgens to the tattoo parlour, East Side Ink.

Oh yeah, the tattoo looks much better with color. Bang Bang is a very talented tattoo artist, this butterfly is beautiful. It looks like Vanessa is really happy with her piece of body art … at least, I hope she is. What do you think?

[Source]

The Devil Made Me Do It

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 11:18 AM PST

So … David and I have officially begun the first leg of our 5 Year Anniversary trip. We safely made our way to NYC last night in our swanky business class seats on Delta Airlines. We are classy, y’all. As you might imagine, our flight was simply divine and we enjoyed every minute of it ;D We got in last night early enough to hit the town and hit the town we did. Our latest NY adventure is now underway!

Here are some of the silly/fun photos that I snapped of our flight from LA to NYC:


I did not buy this bunny hat … despite how adorable I look in it. No, instead I bought a different hat that I LOVED much more …


… as you can see, the lady behind me LOVED my hat, too :D

After we dropped off our bags at Marissa & Ryan’s, we made our way all the way downtown to meet up with David’s sister Eden and her friends at a divey bar near Ground Zero:


The moon was still full, the temps. were in the breezy 60′s … ’twas a very fun night. After that party broke up, David and I randomly found out that our friend Jordan is also in town this weekend so we met him at the Hotel Chelsea for a quick drink. Having just finished reading the memoir Just Friends by Patti Smith that chronicles her time at the Hotel Chelsea, it was really cool partying in the basement last night ;) But, we didn’t stay out too late … and that was that.

This afternoon, we’re meeting up with David’s aunts for brunch and then tonight we are meeting up with a group of his NYC friends for dinner and drinks. It is so great to be back in NYC. Woot!!

Les News, 021911

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 10:10 AM PST

Watch: Justin Bieber Gets Shot & Killed . . .

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 09:19 AM PST

Last week we learned that popstar Justin Bieber would be getting killed off on an episode of CSI: and today we get to see Bieber‘s fictional demise. As I understand it, the Biebs plays a pretty ornery little criminal and after he tries to shoot and kill a few police officers, the CSI: team returns fire and fills his little body full of bullets. Wanna watch? Check out the video clip below.


On this episode, Biebs thought he was being a bad ass … and then he got his ass capped. Bieber fans might want to watch this clip, cringing thru their fingers. Those of you who are not fans of Bieber might want to watch this clip on repeat … for days:


I will say this for the Biebs … he really did go out like a champ. I say, if you’re gonna get offed on TV … you might as well go out with a BANG! A BANG!, get it? OK, it’s a lame joke but Bieber got shot … just be happy about that ;)

[Source]

Kathy Griffin Will Guest Star On ‘Glee’

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 08:15 AM PST

Good news, Gleeks … the amazingly brilliant comic Kathy Griffin will be making a guest appearance on an upcoming episode of Glee! And, get this … Kathy will be playing a woman named Tammy Jean, described as a politically conservative “middle-aged recent Tea Party candidate and home schooler — a Sarah Palin type"! I mean, that is just awesome. In addition, Loretta Devine (Grey’s Anatomy) will also guest star on the show as Sister Mary Constance, described as “a middle-aged African-American and exotic dancer-turned-Carmelite Nun”. Hello? Brills.

Let's go ahead and start calling the judges for Glee's upcoming Regionals "The Supremes," shall we, because this one-two punch of casting scoop definitely qualifies them for the title: Not only Kathy Griffin but Grey's Anatomy's Loretta Devine have been named to the panel! Although a casting breakdown that's being passed around like a love note in third period suggests that Griffin will be playing a Sarah Palin type, my source tells me that Tammy Jean, the D-Listed liberal's home-schooling Tea Party candidate character, isn't really anything like the controversial former Alaskan governor. (Besides, what would be the point of trying to out-Palin Tina Fey?) Devine, meanwhile, will tackle a sister act — as in Sister Mary Constance. Though the character wears a halo and a habit now, she is said to have worn a lot less in her former profession, at least by the end of a shift: She used to be a stripper!

First, I am really in LOVE with the idea of Kathy Griffin playing a Sarah Palin-type Tea Party conservative … I cannot WAIT to see her in action in the role. And, I gotta admit, I’m also in love with Glee doing the Sister Act thing. Loretta Devine is a great actress, I think she’ll make a fantastic Sister Mary Constance. I can’t help but continue to be addicted to Glee … and when they do stuff like this, they’re sure to keep me addicted. I cannot wait for this ep!!

[Source]

Watch: Radiohead, ‘Lotus Flower’

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 07:10 AM PST

Last Monday, Radiohead announced the release of a new album titled The King of Limbs which was due to be released today. Instead, people who pre-ordered the album were allowed to download the album yesterday … the same day that the band’s music video for the song Lotus Flower was released. In the video, Radiohead frontman Thom Yorke dances around to the song … busting out a few moves that surprised even me.


The video is … interesting. I’m not sure it’s the sort of video that I envision when I listen to the song. In all honesty, it’s difficult not to want to laugh and make fun of this video … I mean, it’s just Thom Yorke dancing around in a bowler hat … but, it’s deffo unexpected. And if there’s one thing we know about Radiohead, it’s that they like to do the unexpected. In case you’re curious about the dance moves featured in this video, you can read THIS article by NME that breaks down all of the various moves that Thom is using in this dance routine. As for The King of Limbs … I love it. I listened to the whole thing on my plane ride from LA to NYC yesterday and I really enjoyed it. I think it’ll take a few more listens for me to really form an opinion on the album but I did like it at first listen. As for this video, well, I love that Thom is putting himself out there like this. I can respect a man that is bold enough to dance around in a bowler … can you?

[Source]

Rufus Wainwright Announces That He Is A Father!

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 06:52 AM PST

Congratulations are in order for singer/songwriter Rufus Wainwright … because he has announced that he is the father of a baby girl!! Rufus issued an official statement on his official website announcing that his daughter, Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen, was born on February 2. Apparently, Rufus had the child with Lorca Cohen (daughter of famed singer/songwriter Leonard Cohen) and his fiancée Jörn WeisBrodt has been named “deputy dad”. Read on for the full statement announcement.

Darling daughter Viva Katherine Wainwright Cohen was born on February 2, 2011 in Los Angeles, California to proud parents Lorca Cohen, Rufus Wainwright and Deputy Dad Jorn Weisbrodt. The little angel is evidently healthy, presumably happy and certainly very very beautiful. Daddy #1 would like to offer everyone a digital cigar and welcome the little lady in with a French phrase from his favorite folk song, A La Claire Fontaine : “Il y a longtemps que je t’aime, jamais je ne t’oublierai.”

If you may recall, last Friday night I attended a Martha Wainwright concert in LA and I mentioned that Rufus came on stage to duet with his sister on a song (which, unfortch, I cannot remember the name of). Before he started singing, Rufus said that the song was for “Viva Katherine Wainwright” but at the time, I had no idea who that was. It never occurred to me that Rufus was talking about his own newborn daughter! This is very exciting news. It sounds to me as if Lorca Cohen didn’t just have the baby for Rufus and Jorn, this statement makes it sound like she will be involved in the baby’s upbringing alongside her two dads. However this family plans to raise little Viva, I wish them all the love and luck in the world! Congratulations are deffo in order!! Woot!!!

Now … when can we see her?

[Source]

First Listen: Dr. Luke Releases A Short Snippet Of A New Britney Spears Song Titled ‘Inside Out’

Posted: 19 Feb 2011 06:07 AM PST

Last night Lukasz Dr. Luke Gottwald, one of the co-executive producers of Britney Spears‘s new album Femme Fatale, decided to share a snippet of a new Britney track on his official Twitter profile. After Dr. Luke teased a bit about what to release, he posted a short 10-second snippet of music from a song that is titled Inside Out. You can read Luke‘s teaser tweets and listen to this snippet of NEW Britney Spears music below.

i just may have to post some new brit news soon… or something… / what should it be though??? like a lyric or a snippet??? / ok a snippet it…. it shall be…. but when??? like now??? or should i wait a few days… / fine!!!!! / got the heat!!!!! u guys like the snippet????

The clip seems really short for being 10 seconds long and the track itself sounds like it is a mid-tempo, ballad-y track. Take a listen and judge for yourselves:


It’s interesting … but I’m not immediately OMG I LOVE with it just yet. It’s hard to tell if this is just a slower part of the song or if the entire song will sound this way. No matter, I am still dying to hear the rest of the track in order to form a better opinion. Based on this clip alone, tho, I’ll say I’m intrigued … and left wanting more.

As for other new Britney music news, her manager Larry Rudolph tells MTV that they have her next single ready for release … and he anticipates that it will be released before her album Femme Fatale is released. That means we may be hearing an entirely new Britney Spears song before the end of next month:

Rudolph revealed to MTV News during our “HIAM” live stream on Thursday night that fans will likely hear another new song before the album — executive-produced by Max Martin and Dr. Luke — comes out. “We have a second song that I think we’re gonna end up putting out before the album drops,” he teased. “I can’t say with 100 percent certainty, but I think we probably will. But we’re talking about it now and it is a monster. It really is” … “I don’t think I’ve been this excited about releasing a Britney single in many, many years,” he added. “It’s that good. That’s all I’m gonna say about it at the moment. I haven’t heard a final mix of it, but I should get it in the next day or two. So far, what I’ve heard is just extraordinary. It really is amazing. Her fans will be very happy with it. I’m trying hard to get it out before the album comes out.”

It’s unclear if Inside Out will be the next single or if it will be an entirely different track altogether. I really hope Larry is successful in his push to get this second single released in the next few weeks. It already seems like an eon since Hold It Against Me was released … and I’m ready for MORE Britney Spears music!

As for this snippet of Inside Out … what do y’all think? Do you like it? Are you excited for Britney‘s next single, whatever it may be?

[Source, Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment