Tuesday, February 22, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Meagan Good Gets Photoshoot Happy...And Jumps The Broom

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 07:15 AM PST

We've got pretty behind the scenes photos from a recent shoot with actress Meagan Good. She's the cover girl for H.A.S. magazine's March/April 2011 issue.

 

Check out the photos and which new movies she has up her sleeve when you read on...


 

Lookin' fab Megan.

And speaking of Meagan, in case you missed it, here's the trailer to the upcoming movie Jumping The Broom--where she plays the character "Blythe", opposite Paula Patton. It's about two very different families converging on Martha's Vineyard one weekend for a fabulous wedding.

"The Game" director and producer Salim Akil (husband of creator Mara Brock Akil) is directing the film. And it also stars Angela Bassett, Laz Alonso, Loretta Devine, Tasha Smith, and Julie Bowen.

The movie's set for a May 6th, 2011 Mother's Day Weekend release date. Can't wait!

And if you've been wondering how much work Meagan's been up to these days, she has 3 additional movies currently in post-production--35 and Ticking directed by Russ Parr and starring Nicole Ari Parker, Kevin Hart, and Wendy Raquel Robinson, Dysfunctional Friends with Reagan Gomez, Stacey Dash and Terrell Owens, and Video Girl starring LisaRaye, RUby Dee, and her sis La'Miya.

Diggy Simmons Joins The Freshman Class Of XXL Mag

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 06:47 AM PST

XXL‘s 2011 freshman class has been revealed for all you hip hop fans. In their coveted 4th annual XXL Freshman Cover issue, they're showcasing the new rappers you may want to sit up and take notice of this year. Read on to see Diggy Simmons and more....

Top left-Bottom right: Lil Twist, CyHi Da Prynce, Big K.R.I.T., Meek Mill, Diggy Simmons, Kendrick Lamar, Yelawolf, Fred The Godson, Mac Miller, Lil B, and YG.

Clearly I'm too old for this ish because Diggy's one of 3 names I recognize.  Congrats Dig!

 

BONUS: In other rap news, Eminem has become the third person to land 1 billion views on Youtube, behind Justin Bieber and Lady Gaga. Peep the story here.

Source

Lil' Kim's Revealing Interview About Biggie, Jay-Z, Lawsuits, And Things That Kept Her From Making Music

Posted: 22 Feb 2011 06:07 AM PST

Lil' Kim recently called into Power 92.1 in Richmond, VA for a very revealing interview about her life over the past few years.  And surprisingly, it's not centered on Nicki Minaj.  Inside, get the deets Kim's relationships with Jay-Z, Scott Storch and Ray J, plus she reveals why should couldn't make music after prison.

 

iPower 92.1, Lil' Kim talks about the different issues that have impacted her career including money issues and why she left Atlantic Records.  Here are the highlights:

 

 

On being 18 years old when Hardcore came out:

She said she was 18 going on 19, fresh out high school when she released Hardcore. Her record company had to keep her age under wraps because she wasn’t even old enough to get into clubs to perform.

On Biggie doing his runs out in Virginia:

She said Virginia is one of her biggest markets to date. She said she loves coming to Virginia. Back in the day, they would visit Virginia 100 times and it would never seem old. She says VA has so much love for her.

On how she fits in the new era of Hip Hop:

 

She said, “That’s the amazing thing about Lil Kim. I fit anywhere; I’m always a chameleon. I reinvent myself in a way every time that I come out that it was like I was never gone. I’m necessary to the industry anyway. And I’ve proved that by having so many people wanting to emulate me every time there’s another female in the industry.”

She adds, “I don’t necessarily like the choice of words ‘how do I fit in?’ It almost feels like I’m not in.”

On her shutting down PayPal and selling more than 100,000+ copies of her Black Friday mixtape on PayPal:

 

“Yea, [it’s true] to date it might be more. Someone from PayPal basically spoke up and represented for us on that behalf. At the end of the day, I’m speaking for myself. Black Friday video is almost at 2 million views. How come it wouldn’t be that easy to get the same on PayPal? I don’t get it. But whatever. You know the haters are going to be out there to try to question. Why is that so hard to believe? I don’t get it. I am Kim.”

On her fan base:

 

“I have such a diverse fan base. I’m very grateful to still have my fans. I love my fans so much. They go….HAM foreal. I have the best fans in the world”

On why she left Atlantic Records:

 

“I left Atlantic Records because of the simple fact I wanted to venture out and become my own boss, my own businesswoman and move units on my own and figure out how to do that on my own so I can finally start making some real money.”

“My record company didn’t understand the direction I wanted to go and who I really was as an artist cause Lil Kim is not just this hardcore rapping artist, that’s what I hate. I don’t just do hardcore music. I’m over here with it, I’m over there with it. I rap, I sing, all of that in one but they didn’t get it. I knew where the music industry was going and I wanted to go with it.”

On why she didn’t release an album after prison:

 

She couldn’t make music after serving time in prison because she didn’t want to make music for Atlantic Records anymore. “I couldn’t record for Atlantic anymore, it was done. The only way my lawyer and I could separate the ties was I had to show them I really wasn’t going to record for them anymore, which means I couldn’t really make any music. I went to do my Hollywood thing for a year. After that year, Trackmasters and I got up and did the deal together.”

On being sued by Trackmasters:

 

They dropped the ball in Kim’s career and the deal went completely sour. They weren’t doing the right things by her and her music and who she is as an artist. They set out to do a partnership together.

“I was supposed to be treated as a partners," she said.

It got really ugly and they ended up going to court. “We were in court for months…months! And the situation dragged out for a year in a half! When people was like ‘where is the music?’  I couldn’t really do anything. I was under court restrictions and if I did anything I would end up back in court. So there you have it, I could not make any albums, I couldn’t make any music. I couldn’t move. I couldn’t do anything with my music. I couldn’t really make any money period until that situation was settled. “

Was the situation with Trackmasters was settled?:

 

“This is the reason why you are hearing from me because it is done. It is done 100%. The funny thing is I don’t even have hatred towards them like I use to have because it was all business at the end of the day. As a matter of fact, we’re cool again.”

On going back to television:

 

She says she’s going to go back to television and movies. She says ‘Dancing With The Stars’ was the best time she’s had in her career.

On her relationship with Scott Storch:

 

She said her relationship with Scott Storch is done and that she still has all of the gifts Scott bought her. She said, “...the car situation was something where I could not have anything in my name at the time or put anything new in my name at the time and he bought the car for me cause I was going through my court situation. He had the title for a long time and I had no idea that he wasn’t paying the car note and that he was on drugs. I had no idea. But let me just say this…Scott Storch at the time that were were together he was EXTREMELY, extremely good to me. I appreciate everything that he has done for me and with me. Our relationship wasn’t about materialistic things. Scott and I actually had fun and he’s one of the relationships that I would have probably married Scott on the strength of the fact that he treated me like a Queen.”

He wanted to marry her and have her move in with him but she wasn’t ready to get married. She said she could see him becoming possessive. He would get mad when she didn’t do things he wanted her to do. She said she loved Scott and didn’t understand why she had to prove how much she loved him. Huge fights would break over little stupid stuff.

She said she did reach out to him at one time but he went into a hole.  The people dealing with him couldn’t keep him under control. She said he still has a lot of people around him that he needs to get rid of. He came under so much pressure and drugs was a result of it. She then says he lost mind because he was saying things in interviews that were so untrue. She says she still loves him regardless.

On who’s really in her corner:

 

“Imma sum it up just like this…You will see now who’s really in my corner. From this day on, from what’s about to happen now with everything that’s going on, with me about to come out with my music, you’re going to see every real person that’s in my corner. My family that I’m with now is my family. I love the family. A lot of people who I thought would be in my corner, wasn’t in my corner.”

On her relationship with Ray J:

 

“I’m not going to say at that time he wasn’t in my corner. I wasn’t speaking to Ray J that much at that time.” At the very beginning, Ray J was the one who went on stage that started this Lil Kim vs. Nicki Minaj beef. “This industry just makes people so disloyal. You’re going to see who I rock with and who I don’t rock with.”

On her relationship with Jay-Z:

 

There were representatives from RocNation that wanted to get Kim but she didn’t sign with them. She said a lot of record companies get nervous when it comes to Lil Kim because they thought they would have to spend a lot of money to make her work. She’s been studying how to make Lil Kim work without using all the major theatrics she use to have.

She says Jay-Z lives in his own world. He didn’t come to visit her but she’s not bitter about it and never was. She said she knows if it was one of them in the same situation, she would have been there. She says she’s never held it against them business-wise because she’s a businesswoman.

On the women in prison:

 

She said she met a lot of girls in there that she has a lot of love for till this day. She said she met girls in prison that are more friends to her then girls she’s known for years on the street.

 

Listen to the audio here.

BREAKING: Carmelo Anthony TRADED To NEW YORK KNICKS!

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 08:55 PM PST

Carmelo Anthony is officially in a New York state of mind.  In a deal just closed late Monday night, Mr. Anthony has been traded to the NY Knicks.

 

Guess that last minute pitch to Melo by the NJ Nets owner Mikhail Prokhorov and minority owner Jay-Z didn't go as well as they thought Friday night.  Because the Denver Nuggets baller is now changing up his jersey to one in the Knicks lockeroom.  Details when you read....


 

After several months of talk and rumors and speculation, a decision has finally been made.  Carmelo is heading back to his hometown of New York...and he's bringing his Brooklyn born and bred wife Lala Anthony and their son Kiyan with him.

In a whopping 3-team, 12 player trade, the Denver Nuggets sent Carmelo Anthony to the Knicks in exchange for some cash and other players.  Here's the breakdown according to ESPN:

The swap is a three-way deal including Minnesota, a league source told Broussard.

As a part of the deal, the Knicks will send Wilson Chandler, Raymond Felton, Danilo Gallinari, Timofey Mozgov, and a 2014 first-round draft pick to the Nuggets, who would get additional picks and cash, league sources told Broussard. Along with Anthony, New York would acquire Chauncey Billups, Shelden Williams, Anthony Carter and Renaldo Balkman, the sources said.

New York will send Anthony Randolph and Eddy Curry [and $3 million] to Minnesota as part of the deal in exchange for Corey Brewer, a league source told Broussard.

Melo turned down a $65 mill 3-year extension with Denver, so he was obviously very serious about chucking deuces.  Denver is the only team Carmelo has played for since entering the league in 2003.

Sources say Denver refused to trade him to any team in the Western Conference (like them), so the chance of Carmelo going to the Lakers like he was supposedly considering wasn't going to happen.

Leading players are teaming up with other leading players left and right.  Now that Carmelo is on the same team as Amar'e Stoudamire, ish is about to get real in the Eastern Conference...and at the Garden.

Mr. Anthony skipped Nugget practice Monday night and stayed in L.A. post-All Star to appear on "The Conan Show", despite teams saying they're not making the official trade announcement until Tuesday.  Carmelo will supposedly be in a Knicks uniform by Wednesday--just in time to help his new team take on the Milwaukee Bucks.

You feelin' this?  I'm sure Spike Lee is...

Source

2011 ALL STAR WEEKEND ROUNDUP IV: Trina, LaLa, Ameriie & Others At ALL STAR Events

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 05:16 PM PST

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We have another roundup of ALL STAR parties and events for you.  Come inside and see Ameriie, Trina, LaLa and Snoop Dogg at various events in the L.A. area...

 

TheYBF.com was live on the scene for the signing party of Diego Cash to Carmello Anthony's Krossover Entertainment.   

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Manny Halley's Imani Entertainment Group co-hosted the event with Carmelo and LaLa. 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Kenyon Martin was there.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

We snapped Carmelo during his arrival.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

And his lovely wife, LaLa, wasn't far behind.

LaLa was trailed by cameras all evening which makes us think she's coming back to reality tv with a new show.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

One of LaLa's bffs, Trina, was there too.
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Carmelo smiled with his new artist, Diego Cash, who's also LaLa's brother.

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Rocsi Diaz stopped by to support her "106 & Park" co-host.
 

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

As the party was hosted by Terrence J.

And it looks like the signing party was a lot of fun.

 

And in Santa Monica....

Snopp Dogg hosted the ADIHOOP 3-ON-3 VIP Tournament.

You didn't know Snoop had game?

Snoop played with The Game and Chris Brown.  They called themselves "The West Coasters."

On the sidelines, Matt Barnes gave the group his expert opinion on strategy.  It paid off, because Snoop's team won the tournament.

 

And at the Montage in Beverly Hills.....

Dwyane Wade raised money for his personal charity, the Wade's World Foundation,
which supports educational opportunities for youth.  Jordin Sparks and Fabolous both came out in support.

Also, Justin Tuck (NY Giants) and Michael Strahan lent their support.

 

And the foundation got the support of two lovely ladies, Sherri Shepherd and Shaun Robinson.

 

 

One of the hottest tickets in town was the All-Star Weekend Grand Finale With Nicki Minaj
at BOULEVARD3.

Nicki was joined by her Young Money family.

 

Weezy was in the house puffing on cigars all night.

Ameriie also came out to support Nicki.

 

And Eva was with her boo Flo Rida.

 

 

And in Hollywood at Ciroc's Exclusive NBA All-Star Weekend Event......

Reality star Royce Reed walked the red carpet.

And so did Melody Thornton.

Photos via WireImage/Dwight King/Bob Metelus

BEACH DATE: Chad & Evelyn Lozada Roll To The Beach With Daughter Shaniece

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 02:44 PM PST

Chad Ocho Cinco took his fiance Evelyn Lozada and his 17-year-old step-daughter-to-be Shaniece to Miami Beach this weekend. The threesome spent the morning at The News Cafe having brunch, and then walked over to the beach for some relaxation.

 

Pics of the family outing when you read on...

Awww look at the doggie having a beach playdate.

Shaniece is a gorgeous girl.

Yes indeed.  Bring your own wine to the beach.  Eve and Kim Zolciak would get along great...

Fine family fun.

 

The Randomness:

1.  So Kanye West got an invite to the Royal Wedding.  Prince William didn't invite hardly any of his family...but he did invite 3 of his exes.  *eyebrows raised*

Wendy Williams Lands First Post-OP Aretha Franklin Interview + Nas And Kelis Back Together...On Stage!

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 12:03 PM PST

Today on "The Wendy Williams Show," the talk show queen announced that she will interview another  person of royalty...the Queen of Soul.  Get the deets inside about Aretha Franklin's first interview since her surgery a few months ago. 

Also, Nas and Kelis have reunited...at least on stage.  The former couple played to an Australian audience with Erykah Badu and we have pics for you.

 

Wendy Williams announced on her show today that she has landed an exclusive interview with Aretha Franklin.

“The legendary Aretha Franklin has invited me to do an exclusive, in person intimate conversation with her in Detroit, that's where she lives...The way I figure, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity, I'm going to go to Detroit where Aretha lives and where she reigns supreme and this is like the big sit down interview. So I'm packing my bags and we'll bring the camera crew and everything, and so far Aretha has two activities she wants us to do.

First thing is she wants us to go to the gym and the second thing is she wants us to have high tea together. That's fancy. When you have high tea, you wear one of those big hats like you're at the Kentucky derby and you drink with your pinky out and you eat square sandwiches with fancy stuff in between like grass. Even though Ms. Franklin this is a dream come true, I'm just so surprised that we're not eating the real food that I love to eat in Detroit...but that's ok, we're both on the slim down; we just need to relax. I'm going to share that interview with you guys next week.”

 

That should be a good interview.  I'd love to know if she is considering Jennifer Hudson for a role in her bio-pic.

Watch the clip here:

 

 

And down under in Australia.... 

Erykah Badu was one of the main acts for the Good Vibrations Music Festival in Gold Coast, Queensland.

She wore red, white and blue with a long wig.

Kelis was one of the other acts to play that night.  And it looks like she wore a pink stocking.

And you won't believe who else was on the festival's marquee..

Nas was in the building!

He brought along Damian Marley.


It's nice to see that although they aren't together, Nas and Kelis are professional performers who have no problems being in the same arena together.  I'm so sad they divorced.  I liked them.

Photos via WireImage/M. Grimwade
 

EVENT FAB: Gabrielle Union Invites Celeb Friends Ciara, Toya Carter, Tameka Foster, Rocsi, & More To "The Beauty Suite"

Posted: 21 Feb 2011 08:34 AM PST

Yesterday, Gabrielle Union teamed with celebrity hair stylist Kiyah Wright to host "The Beauty Suite"
at the Warren Tricomi Salon in Los Angeles.  Come inside to see pics of the hosts with folks like Ciara, Toya Carter, Nicole Ari Parker, and more.
 

Gabrielle looked like the perfect hostess in her dark low-cut jumpsuit.

Tracy Mourning was one of the lovely attendees. Loving her fresh new cut!  

Tameka Foster stopped by too.

TV personality Shaun Robinson took a page from Gabby's book and rocked black.

TV personality Rocsi Diaz came and got the beauty treatment.   Not loving the shoes but she looks cute and comfy.

Nicole Ari Parker looked chic.

Gabby and Rocsi posed with Antonia "Toya" Carter.

Mike Epps' wife Mechelle looked fab at the event.  Loving the hairstyle.  And she posed with stylist Anthony Cherry.

Mo and Kita made an appearance sans T.O.

Kelly Price posed with Kiyah.  Hey Kelly!

Fitness guru Jeanette Jenkins hit the carpet with Dr. Michelle Callahan.

Tameka Foster, Kiyah Wright, Nicole Ari Parker posed with lash guru Ja'Maal Buster.

 

Dollicia Bryan and her wig looked nice.

Kiyah played with Ciara's hair for the paps.  CiCi is always pictured hitting up Warren Tricomi so I'm sure the folks there are responsible for her tresses.

I guess the salon worked everybody's hair before pics were taken because everyone's on point.  Fab times for the ladies!

Photos via WireImage/Turner

No comments:

Post a Comment