Sunday, February 27, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Independent Spirit Awards: winners, losers & the tacky-ass fashions

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 06:41 AM PST

spirit_awards_arrivals_4_04_wenn3227561

Last night, the Independent Spirit Awards were held, and Black Swan was the biggest awards-getter. Black Swan took Best Feature, Best Director (Darren Aronofsky), Best Female Lead (Natalie Portman) and Best Cinematography. Another big winner: James Franco for Best Male Lead (for 127 Hours). In his speech, he even dropped "I went to film school" which should make Lainey happy. Franco's words were: “I just went through film school at NYU and finished my thesis film, so independent film means a lot to me." Oh, Franco. You toolbox. Other winners: Exit Through the Gift Shop for Best Documentary, Get Low won Best First Feature, The Kids Are All Right won Best Screenplay, The King's Speech for Best Foreign Film, John Hawkes (Winter's Bone) for Best Supporting Actor, and Dale Dickey (Winter's Bone) for Best Supporting Actress.

As far as fashion went… well… ugh. I usually like the Spirit Awards for their laid-back fashion moments. In years past, most women are in laid back sundresses or comfortable pants. This year… not so much. Natalie Portman's maternity style is just horrible, Nicole Kidman needs help coordinating colors, and Melissa Leo is just tacky. Who wears a bright satin ball gown to the Spirit Awards, Melissa? Here are some photos from the Spirit Awards, including The Hamm and his girl, Franco, Jeremy Renner, Ewan McGregor (looking gorgeous), and Liev Schreiber and Naomi Watts:

spirit_arrivals_3_34_wenn3227521

independant_spirit_awards_arrivals_001_wenn3228355

spirit_arrivals_8_04_wenn3227691

spirit_arrivals_3_15_wenn3227502

spirit_awards_arrivals_4_01_wenn3227558

spirit_awards_arrivals_4_07_wenn3227564

spirit_awards_press_room_11_wenn3227735

wenn3227875

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Kim Kardashian’s harem pants: hideous or cute?

Posted: 27 Feb 2011 05:59 AM PST

wenn3226318

There were a million different parties and events this weekend in LA, all about the Oscars. QVC even hosted an event, something about red carpet style. Kim Kardashian was there, and Ol' Katface decided to let other stars have the red carpet glory, so she wore these super-unflattering harem pants. That's exactly what they are - high-waisted harem pants that look good on absolutely NO woman, especially not a woman who has any kind of thickness in the thigh-butt area. I never stop being amazed at Kim's lack of style - and her promotion as some kind of "fashion girl" is equally astounding.

wenn3226327

wenn3226342

Jennifer Lawrence was at the QVC event too. I’m pretty sure Jennifer is wearing a nightgown. It’s a pretty nightgown, but a nightgown none the less.

fp_6860569_qvc_ram_22_73

Helena Bonham Carter was at the same event! Do you think HBC and Kim Kardashian interacted? That would have been amazing. Anyway, HBC looked cute, I thought. I’m pretty sure she’s worn this dress before, though.

fp_6860598_qvc_ram_51_73

Zoe Saldana at the Impact Awards. I don’t care for the dress. I think it looks kind of cheap.

fp_6858419_rij_impact_awards_29_40

Michelle Rodriguez at the Impact Awards. I’ll admit it - I love Michelle. I think she’s a really underrated actress, and I love how tough she is. The closeup of her is unforgiving, but I love this dress on her. She looks so pretty.

fp_6858401_rij_impact_awards_11_40

fp_6858400_rij_impact_awards_10_40

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.

Joan Rivers hates Jennifer Aniston: “I’m so bored with her & her stupid movies”

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 11:48 AM PST

wenn3227234

A couple of years ago, Joan Rivers had a rotation of jokes which was pretty Angelina Jolie-heavy. It seemed like whenever Joan made an appearance on any show, she had a quip about Angelina's kids working in a sweatshop or how stupid Angelina was or how Angelina was trying to steal/adopt one of the kids from Slumdog Millionaire. Joan repeated these same jokes ad nauseum, and I remarked about it at the time, basically saying that Joanie needed some new material. Many commenters disagreed, defending Joan an a comedic icon and even agreeing with her in her assessment of Angelina. Let's see how the worm turns, shall we?

Joan and Melissa Rivers were invited to do a little video interview for Us Weekly a few days ahead of the Oscars. I guess it's their way of promoting their red carpet show, or their new reality show or something. They got questions about various celebrity encounters, and they tell some fresh stories about Nicole Richie and Leonardo DiCaprio. Then, Joan is asked "If you could do something to anyone, who and what would it be?" Joan's reply: “I would like to take Jennifer Aniston and put her hair over her f**ing face! I’m so bored with her and her stupid movies. They’re all the same, I don’t know how they get financed.” Here's the video:

I'm waiting for Joan's defenders to step up once again. Waiting, waiting, waiting. Regarding her Aniston comments specifically - she wouldn't have to put Aniston's hair over her face. Aniston does that already! That's her signature hairstyle, “The Shaggy Dog” or "Hair In The Face".

wenn91251321

wenn5613054

wenn9125310

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Poor Olivia Wilde can no longer drop “I’m a princess” into her interviews

Posted: 26 Feb 2011 11:22 AM PST

cosmo1

Here is the cover for Cosmopolitan's April issue, with cover girl Olivia Wilde. I like her in pink (the outfit is Michael Kors, by the way). I wouldn't think she would look so awesome in this color, but it really works on her. What I dislike is the Photoshopped boobs. I mean… Olivia is pretty flat. She's got a nice, lean body and I doubt she even fills an A-cup in real life. So why did Cosmo Photoshop some B-cups in there? Eh. Anyway, here are some highlights from the Cosmo interview:

On her embarrassing moment with President Obama: "He was calling to thank me for traveling to Iowa in October 2007 to volunteer for the campaign. I was very professional the whole time we spoke, then I hung up the phone- or so I thought- and started squealing for about 15 seconds. I later found out from a friend who was with him that he listened to the shrieking and laughed the entire time."

On the character she'd like to play next: "In the past year or so, I've played really strong women. Next, I'd like to explore someone who is more open - a woman who has to learn to fight."

On what makes the perfect leading man: "They have to have a sense of humor and humility. You really have to have a sense of humor; it's so important. When I think of guys like Daniel Craig and Garrett Hedlund, what's made them so great is their ability to seem extraordinary but also relatable."

The words that she lives by: "From a young age, my mantra has always been to live in the moment. I try to do everything in the spirit of enthusiasm and spontaneity."

[From Cosmopolitan via Just Jared]

Some days I like Olivia - I think she seems kind of fun and down-to-earth, and pretty harmless in general. Other days, she plucks my last nerve. This is one of those days. You know who she's talking about with "I'd like to explore someone who is more open - a woman who has to learn to fight," right? She wants to be the new Lara Croft! Ugh. And stop name-dropping Daniel Craig and President Obama too! I guess she can no longer drop “I’M A PRINCESS” into everyday conversation, so she’s trying to work her connections to other people now.

cosmo2

cosmo3

Photos courtesy of Cosmo & IDLITW.

No comments:

Post a Comment