Monday, March 21, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Ewan McGregor says he’s not going do nude scenes anymore

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 08:36 AM PDT

wenn2940678

BOO!! Ewan McGregor has just announced in a new interview that he will no longer be doing nude scenes. His theory is that his costars always stay around the same age, and now that he's about to turn 40 years old (on March 31), he doesn't want to be the smarmy older actor who is always strutting his Scottish dong around the film set. So… it seems like his reasoning is feministic, and yet I feel like his old reasoning - that he was getting naked "for the sisters" - was more feminist. But, hey, that's just me. I love Scottish dong.

JUST days before reaching his 40th birthday Ewan McGregor has announced he's banning himself from appearing naked on film ever again.

The Star Wars actor, who reaches the landmark on March 31, insists he wants to avoid the embarrassment of bedding considerably younger women on the big screen in the coming years. McGregor has been obliged to take part in a string of sex scenes during his movie career, romping with co-stars including Scarlett Johansson, Eva Green and Naomi Watts.

Now the Scot says he doesn't want to follow the example of other leading Hollywood men, who have continued to be seen romancing significantly younger women on film, despite advancing years.

"I'm getting older and the actresses stay younger," he acknowledges. "I don't want to become Clint Eastwood, where his love interests seem 50 years younger than him. You never want female co-stars to feel like you're taking advantage of the situation. Anyhow, sex scenes are terribly exposing and rarely of any use in learning about character."

Despite his new self-imposed nude ban Ewan, who is married with three children, does not regret stripping off in such films as Trainspotting and Velvet Goldmine.

"It's all about life," says McGregor. "We're naked at the end of the day and we're sometimes naked in the middle of the day – if we're lucky. It may seem like I'm obsessed with sex but it's actually the opposite."

His latest film assignment opposite a leading lady is proving rather more bruising than previous encounters, it seems. Ewan stars alongside 28-year-old Gina Carano in the thriller Haywire – and his character was recently photographed taking a sound beating from the American Gladiator star during a scene filmed on Malibu beach.

[From Express UK]

So, I've always kept it in my mind that Ewan said he did it for the sisters, but I could never remember where I had gotten that. Finally, I found the old interview he did with E! News' Jules Asner. This clip has made my day:

GOD, I love the way he calls her "darling". Also, "naughty". That's enough for me. I can finish myself off on those two words alone.

fp_6863044_rij_spirits_set2_73_75

fp_4946488_barm_whitehouse_correspondents_13_28

wenn8686156

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

David Gandy sexes up Shortlist Mag: needs more skin?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 07:57 AM PDT

gandy3

Let me just give you a little taste of my weekend: my mother's health drama was finally over, and I wasn't being beckoned to sit at her bedside, taking her temperature. My taxes are done. The bills were paid. My weekly errands were over in a few hours Saturday morning. So, how did I spend a chunk of my weekend? Watching the first season of Justified. And I now find cowboy hats to be the MOST erotic thing ever. Something about a cowboy hat on a man like Timothy Olyphant.

Now, My Lover David Gandy isn’t wearing cowboy hats. They seem to be… fedoras, I guess. But there’s still something cowboy-ish about this shoot - these are photos from Gandy's cover shoot for Shortlist Magazine, which is a new men's magazine, focusing on style and fashion and junk. Gandy was their debut cover. And to celebrate, David took off his shirt and put on the hat. Giddyup.

If you'd like to read parts of Gandy's interview, go here to ONTD. He may be beautiful, but he's kind of boring (to me). By the way, doesn’t anyone else think that maybe David is jealous of how much attention I’ve been paying to Fassbender? I still love you too, Gandy. This Fassbender thing is just beyond my control.

gandy7

gandy4

gandy1

gandy2

gandy5

Photos courtesy of Shortlist Magazine.

Sammy Hagar claims in all seriousness that he was abducted by aliens

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 07:49 AM PDT


I remember hearing a little bit about rocker Sammy Hagar since he quit Van Halen, reunited with the band, and then quit it again. He has some kind of very lucrative tequila company in Mexico called Cabo Wabo along with a chain of clubs and restaurants with the same name. Apparently all those years of hard partying had their effect on him, though, because he told MTV that he really believes he was abducted by aliens. He went into it in detail and claims that they “downloaded” something from his brain at a time when there was no such thing as downloading, cell phones or Internet. Hagar is promoting a new memoir he has out called Red: My Uncensored Life in Rock.

Why would people think you're crazy? Because of your opinions or your experiences?
My opinions are way out there. But yeah, definitely a few of my experiences, too. I can't even go there. [Laughs.] I tried to keep my opinions out of this book, even about the Van Halen years. My opinions are not important, and they might come across as jaded. My opinions about the UFO stuff, well, I could write a whole book just devoted to that. I love it, man. I'm into it deep.

It sounds like you really want to talk about this stuff. So why aren't there more UFO stories in Red?
Joel Selvin, the guy who did all the interviews for this book and really made it happen, he talked me out of it. He'd be like, "Aw, people don't want to hear that shit." He's always been a wise-ass. He's a prick, and he's very blunt, and he was great for me, because he really kept me under control.

Okay, let's just cut to the chase. I'm just going to come out and ask it. Have you ever been abducted by aliens?
I think I have.

What? Really? I was kidding. You seriously believe that?
[Laughs.] Now you're making me sound like a crazy person.

How is that crazy? I wasn't there, I don't know what happened to you.
Remember the story in the book, where I have a dream about being contacted by aliens in the foothills above Fontana?

Yeah, yeah, I've got the page right here. "I saw a ship and two creatures inside of this ship… And they were connected to me, tapped into my mind through some kind of mysterious wireless connection." You're telling me that wasn't a dream?
That's right. It was real. [Aliens] were plugged into me. It was a download situation. This was long before computers or any kind of wireless. There weren't even wireless telephones. Looking back now, it was like, "Fuck, they downloaded something into me!" Or they uploaded something from my brain, like an experiment. "See what this guy knows."

And this actually happened?
That happened. That friggin' happened, I'll tell you right now. Another thing happened when I was about four that I didn't put into the book. One time I saw what I considered to be, well, at the time I thought it was a car with no wheels. We lived out in the country and I saw this thing floating across a field, creating this big dust storm. I threw rocks at it and shit. And I don't know what happened after that.

You blacked out?
I guess. I just have no memory of it. And that wasn't a dream. It was during daylight.

I can understand your apprehension. Alien abduction is a tough sell.
Especially back a few decades ago, when this stuff happened to me. I couldn't talk about it because I didn't know how to explain it. I didn't understand the technology. But now I'm pretty sure it was a wireless situation. Either a download or upload. They were tapped into my brain and the knowledge was transferred back and forth. I could see them and everything while it was happening. There was a visual involved, almost like … I don't know. [Laughs.] Don't get me going!

[From MTVhive.com]

All I can say are that the guy’s debauchery is well documented and obviously made him have vivid hallucinations. I know that there are plenty of people who claim to have been abducted by aliens, but that doesn’t make it in any way plausible.

Sammy Hagar is shown on 3/13/11 promoting his book. He looks like a lot of fun. Credit: WENN.com

wenn3248196

wenn5622214

wenn3248193

Renee Zellweger isn’t playing the post-split pity party card

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 07:16 AM PDT

wenn5472837

These are some photos of Renee Zellweger from last year, and I'll explain in a moment why I'm using them. First, in the wake of Renee's split with Bradley Cooper, and the particular timing of the announcement (within days of tabloid reports of his wandering dong), Renee's publicity team decided to avoid playing the pity party card. Thank God! Instead, both Page Six and Us Weekly have suspiciously friendly Renee stories, both enforcing the idea that post-split Renee is doing just fine, thank you very much. First, Page Six notes that Renee attended last night's Broadway opening of Priscilla, Queen of the Desert. According to witnesses, Renee was in good spirits, laughing and clapping through the show. She even told Page Six, "The show is fabulous, I am really having a good time.”

Then Us Weekly published their Renee-friendly story, this one more obviously a publicist's plant. What's funny about this is not how obvious the press machine is, but the gleeful cognitive dissonance Us Weekly employed. I swear, Us Weekly used one of the funniest photos of Renee for this story - she looks absolutely deranged and horrible (you can see the photo here). So, that's why I'm using bad photos for this post. For fun.

Looking good is the best revenge — just ask Renee Zellweger. Days after splitting with her boyfriend of nearly two years, Bradley Cooper, the 41-year-old actress put her best foot forward when she attended a pal’s low-key birthday bash at NYC’s La Esquina restaurant Saturday.

“She wore a skin-tight black dress and amazing lace-up shoes,” an eyewitness tells UsMagazine.com. “She looked smokin’ hot.”

And people certainly noticed. “At one point, three waiters came up to see if the table needed anything because they wanted to check out Renee.”

Though Us broke the news of her split just one day earlier, the Oscar-winning actress showed no signs of heartbreak during the outing. (She and Cooper, 36, began dating in July 2009 after meeting on the set of the thriller Case 39 four years earlier).

“She tried to make it work, but in the end it was too hard,” a Zellweger insider told Us. “Her friends feel bad it ended, but she’s okay.”

[From Us Weekly]

Really, Mr. Publicist? Three waiters came over to check out Renee? Ugh. Don't get me wrong, I truly appreciate how Renee is playing this. She's coming across like she's fine and she will continue to be fine. Of course, now I'm wondering why she isn't more broken up over this split - she and Bradley were together for years, and they lived together, for God's sake. She doesn’t have to trot out all “fine” right away.

My mother - who doesn't usually go for the "everybody is secretly gay" theory of Hollywood - actually said to me that she thinks both Bradley and Renee are gay. I was surprised that even she thinks that.

wenn5472784

wenn2828851

wenn5471555

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Scarlett Johansson is in a Sean Penn dong haze

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 06:37 AM PDT

fp_6881811_vanityfair_ram_137_1821

I'm honestly not even mad at Scarlett Johansson. I have no illusions about what kind of girl she is, and I'm not saying that in a judgy slut-shamer way. ScarJo likes to get laid. ScarJo is fun. She's a good-time girl who is single again after being married to a surly douche for several years. She's entitled to go out there and date/screw whoever she wants, and I would find it more shocking if she wasn't dating someone wildly inappropriate. So ScarJo's two-month long liaison with Sean Penn hasn't surprised me whatsoever. What does surprise me is that ScarJo doesn't seem to be hitting it and quitting it. The girl actually seems to… like Sean. Well, she has a type, right? Surly douches are her biscuit Kryptonite. According to People Magazine (you have to read the subtext), ScarJo is in a dong haze:

It wasn’t an intimate, one-on-one dinner date, but Scarlett Johansson and Sean Penn seemed very much a couple when they joined a small group of friends for dinner Saturday night in West Hollywood.

“They were smiles all night and seemed to have a great time together,” a source at the restaurant tells PEOPLE. “Scarlett and Sean sat very closely and exchanged flirty looks.”

Johansson, 26, and Penn, 50, enjoyed an Italian feast at Cecconi’s West Hollywood, where they shared pasta and fish dishes washed down with wine, a source tells PEOPLE.

Adds the source: “Scarlett acted very intrigued by him. She would smile, nod her head and just listen to his stories.”

The pair previously cozied up for a more intimate dinner earlier this month at Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont, the hotel where the actress has been staying while filming We Bought a Zoo with Matt Damon.

Rumors about the two being a couple first swirled in January, just a month after the actress’s December split from her husband, Ryan Reynolds.

Talk of a budding romance heated up when the two took a short and sweet getaway to Mexico at the beginning of January.

In February, a rep for Johansson told PEOPLE the pair are “nothing more, nothing less” than friends.

[From People]

"Scarlett acted very intrigued by him. She would smile, nod her head and just listen to his stories.” UGH. As I said before, if it's just sex, I'm cool with that. I would imagine that for all of his douchey qualities, Sean Penn is probably pretty good in bed. But now it seems more and more like ScarJo is actually falling for him. Like, she's so dumb that she thinks Sean is all "deep" and "brilliant" and crap. Girl, there are other dongs out there.

Oh, and X17 has photos of ScarJo sitting in Sean's lap in the backseat of the car as they left the restaurant. You know ScarJo probably wasn't wearing panties, right? Ugh. Gross.

fp_6600995_rij_pga2011_37_54

fp_6881813_vanityfair_ram_139_1821

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Charlie Sheen’s dad Martin says Charlie is “emotionally crippled”

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 06:08 AM PDT

Martin Sheen
Charlie Sheen’s dad Martin has expressed a lot of sympathy for his son’s drug addiction, and has reportedly tried to stage multiple interventions. Charlie has totally dismissed his dad and brother Emilio Estevez’s help when he’s been asked about it - of course. He’s saidI’m not interested in your rhetoric right now and “I’m 45 years old, and I’m not interested in people treating me like a 12-year-old.” Martin seems to think that’s exactly the case, though, and that once Charlie started using heavily his emotional growth was stunted at that point. He revealed this in an interview with British paper The Telegraph, and he also talked about how he struggled with alcoholism while he was shooting “Apocalypse Now.” Martin was 36 at the time, and got sober when he was around 50. Charlie is now 45.

charliesheenheader1

Martin Sheen understands the “hell” son Charlie Sheen is going through.

He believes that Charlie, despite being 45, is still “emotionally” a child. “Because when you’re addicted, you don’t grow emotionally. So. when you get clean and sober you’re starting at the moment you started using drugs or alcohol,” the actor tells the U.K’s Telegraph magazine. “You’re emotionally crippled.”

Sheen, 70, has been through similar difficulties, he concedes: “I know what hell he’s living in. I’ve had psychotic episodes in public. One of them was on camera – the opening scene of Apocalypse Now. … I know what Charlie is going through. And when you do something like that, that is out of control, that’s the most difficult thing. You have to have courage.”

Courage and faith are required, adds the committed Catholic, whose latest movie, The Way, costars his son Emilio Estevez, 48, who also wrote and directed the father-son drama.

“Faith can help all of us. Addiction is the dark side. It’s a reflection of despair. And it’s fed by all the other negativity,” Sheen tells the magazine, a supplement to the Daily Telegraph newspaper.

Estevez, meanwhile, is optimistic his brother can beat his problems. “There’s always hope, and there are so many examples of people pulling themselves out of the sh– and having a rebirth,” he told The Sunday Times. “So you just pray for him and hope he has that moment of clarity.”

[From People]

For all the family members praying and pulling for him, Charlie doesn’t really give a sh*t because his career as a meme is thriving. He’s added multiple dates to his tour, he’s allegedly in talks with the people at Fox for some kind of talkshow and there’s even news that CBS is desperate to have him back on Two and A Half Men. If that happens, will Charlie drop that $100 million lawsuit against producers? Will he even consider the offer now that he’s struck out on his one-man crazy tour?

Here’s Charlie with some new chick he says he hired. He tweetedthe warlock hard at work; and they told me I couldn’t find a sexy stenographer. epic. ybw c

charliesheenwork

charliesheentour

Photos from Charlie Sheen’s twitter except for Martin Sheen, which was taken 9/12/10. Credit: PRPhotos

Kate Bosworth is now famewhoring Russian literature too

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 06:06 AM PDT

fp_7004097_bosworth_kate_pod_03_07

God bless the famewhores, for however else would we find the time to laugh? These are photos of Kate Bosworth heading into a hair salon over the weekend. It's not JUST that The Bos called the paparazzi on herself, yet again. It's not JUST that her famewhoring is now likely a psychological compulsion. What is really, really amusing me is that Kate pap'd herself… with a book! Because she's so intelligent and so brilliantly well-read. The book? Mikhail Bulgakov’s The Master & Margarita, which is considered one of the best novels of the 20th century. It's about the literal devil making an appearance in the then Soviet Union (it was written in the 1930s). And she brought it TO THE HAIR SALON.

You know how other women might just call and make a hair appointment and maybe bring their copy of Vogue or Cosmo to the salon? The Bos thinks you are a peasant. She will make her hair appointment, make the call to the paparazzi, POSE with a dark Russian novel as she's going into the salon, and then… I don't know. She probably just sits there, getting her hair down, saying things like, "My boyfriend is SO SMART, my BOYFRIEND is so handsome, but you wouldn't understand…" and then she sticks her nose in the book and re-reads the same line over and over.

Look how she's holding the book too - she wants us to the see the cover. Who holds their book like this?

fp_7004240_bosworth_kate_pod_06_07

fp_7004096_bosworth_kate_pod_02_07

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Kirstie Alley claims to have no idea if her Scientology cult has a newsletter

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 05:45 AM PDT

tvguidecover_scannedbycb
The last time Kirstie Alley did press she was promoting that Organic Liaison diet scheme she had going, which she is in no way an effective spokesperson for. She then pretty much went batsh*t when anyone noticed that her “diet” supplements bore a striking resemblance to the vitamins recommended in the Scientology cult’s rituals, and accused anyone who pointed that out of “bigotry” and “intolerance.”

Well now that Kirstie is promoting her upcoming appearance on Dancing with The Stars, and maybe now that the backlash against Scientology has reached critical levels, she’s not so eager to associate with them. In an interview with TV Guide recently, she claimed to have no idea if Scientology has a newsletter, which is ripe considering that she was interviewed in one of their magazines just three years ago and has personally donated at least $5 million to her “church.”

From 2008, more here:
kirstiealleysourceheader

Here’s what Kirstie said. (Note this was in the issue of TVGuide from March 14-20, but since my local CVS always has out of date magazines I just noticed it yesterday.)

You’re an experienced DWTS viewer. What’s on your list of what contestants shouldn’t do?
I’d like to not have a psychotic break. I’d like to not pull sad stories out of my ass just to pull at the heartstrings of America. [laughs] Watch me do that the first week, crying my eyes out. I don’t want any injuries. I could be into a wardrobe malfunction - depending on what part of the wardrobe it was. [laughs] That could get me points or lose me votes.

Anything else?
I don’t want to do the finger telephone [holds outstretched thumb to her ear and pinky finger to her mouth] and go, “Call, call.” I don’t like the prayer hands [presses hands together and makes an exaggeratedly pleading face]. I’d rather be voted off than beg to be voted for.

Will you get the members of your church to vote for you?
How do I let my church now?

There’s no Scientology newsletter?
Hell, I don’t know. I’ve never done a show like this before.

Recently, so much of your press has focused on your weight. Do you feel like this will help turn the page?
No. I have a theory: When you’re a celebrity and you don’t do drugs or alcohol or bang your neighbor’s husband, what’s the story about you? I once talked to Elizabeth Taylor and she said that of all the things she did in her life, of all the men she was with, the most interesting thing to the tabloids was her weight. I feel like, is that ever not going to be there? I don’t know.

[From TV Guide, print edition, March 14-20, 2011]

Kirstie doesn’t want us to talk about her weight, only she’s made it an issue and talked about it personally time and time again. Only it’s the tabloids’ fault for pointing out that she announced to People Magazine back in February, 2008 that she was going to start her own weight loss brand, then proceeded to announce to People Magazine in May, 2009 that she’d gained 83 pounds. When the National Enquirer ran a cover story on her weight, she urged her Twitter followers to harass the writer and called her “Fair Game.” Kirstie makes her weight an issue and tries to capitalize on it, but when the tabloids point it out it has nothing to do with her, she’s innocent. She’s so innocent and unaware of what’s going on in that cult she belongs to that she uses their go-to method for threatening and harassing detractors in order to go after the tabloids who point out what a hypocrite she is.

Also, how Photoshopped is this bitch on the cover of TV Guide? Here she is on 2/28, 3/8 and 3/10. (In reverse order from newest to oldest. Credit: WENN.com)

wenn3255384

wenn3242314

wenn3242315

wenn3232186-1

Olivia Munn in colorful vintage: surprisingly gorgeous or still meh?

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 05:40 AM PDT

wenn3258265

These are photos of Olivia Munn at the Genesis Awards in LA over the weekend. Okay, I'll admit it. I love the vintage gown. It could have very easily looked very cheap and dated, but in my opinion, it's gorgeous. Olivia has the right figure and coloring to pull the dress off, so kudos to her. Of course, she had to screw it up by getting an orange fake tan and not doing much to her hair, so overall the look suffers.

At this point, Olivia goes to the opening of an envelope, but usually her style is really, really bad, so I think we should applaud her when she gets something right. I like that went for vintage, and I like that she's not afraid of color. Well done, Olivia. Now avoid the fake tans! Also, stop trying to get Justin Timberlake's attention. He just got out of one relationship with a stalker/girlfriend, he doesn't need another one. Play hard to get. Stop leaking everything to the press. If you play your cards right, he'll come running to you after Mila Kunis rejects him.

In other Olivia Munn news, Deadline reports that Oliver Stone is interested in Olivia for a big part in a film. She was his second choice after…Best Actress Oscar nominee Jennifer Lawrence. In what world is Olivia second choice after Lawrence? Olivia should be, like, the twentieth choice after Lawrence.

UPDATE: Oh, I see. My bad. Screen Junkies says Munn is up for the role, but Deadline says it’s Olivia Wilde, not Munn. Still, what I said works for Wilde too. Both Munn and Wilde are unfortunate actresses.

wenn3258259

Photos courtesy of WENN.

LeAnn Rimes declares truce with Brandi Glanville, denies harassing her

Posted: 21 Mar 2011 05:26 AM PDT

fp_6250829_rimes_cibrian_fp
There was all this drama recently over LeAnn Rimes and her buddy allegedly using fake accounts to harass people on Twitter. Many of you commented on it, and are noting that it’s quite interesting that once LeAnn would potentially be exposed for this, she decided to be nice. It’s telling that this is the time she’s deciding to reach out to the woman she’s been single white femaling, Brandi Glanville, her fiance’s ex wife. She issued a twitlonger a statement that she spoke with Brandi and agreed to end any harassment on Twitter, as if Brandi had anything to do with it or was suspected of anything other than being targeted by LeAnn.

LeAnn, 28, took to her Twitter page yesterday to write a final message stating that the women had talked and decided to play nice from now on.

‘As a collective unit, Brandi and I would like all negativity to cease toward one another,’ Rimes tweeted Sunday.
‘We have communicated and have a direct understanding that we are only ourselves on Twitter and have no other accounts that try to destroy one another.’

‘Please for our families’ sake stop the hate now and let us live our lives,’ the singer added. ‘We don’t need opinions or outside help in order for that to happen.’

Brandi, 38, then re-tweeted the message, showing her support for what LeAnn had written.

[From The Daily Mail]

I’m so over LeAnn and her eating disorder drama and her grade school harassment tactics. She’s so transparently needy and narcissistic and troubled. Brandi’s responses to the person that was harassing her, again allegedly LeAnn, were very gracious as we’ve come to expect from her. I doubt this is the end of it though. LeAnn might not be openly harassing Brandi on Twitter anymore but she’s undoubtedly still trying to usurp Brandi’s role as a mother, and that probably won’t stop.

Photos of LeAnn and Eddie are from 12/12/10. She looked normal then. Photos of Brandi are from 2/24/10. Credit: Fame

fp_4587312_glanville_brandi

fp_6250824_rimes_cibrian_fp

No comments:

Post a Comment