Monday, March 28, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Chris Brown’s West Hollywood neighbors hate him, want him out of his condo

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 09:02 AM PDT

breezy1

Chris Brown tweeted this photo a few hours ago - the Sisqo look is officially over. I have to say, I'm glad. The blonde made Chris look especially unhinged.

On Friday, Page Six reported that Chris Brown's publicist, a woman named Tammy Brook, had dumped him as a client just days after his Good Morning America meltdown. At first, the announcement really did seem to be about a publicist realizing she could do nothing to help Chris Brown's image, considering he's a violent sociopath who will never change or be redeemed whatsoever. But hours after the announcement, Tammy Brook released some kind of BS statement about how she had just been hired to help Chris promote his album, and her job was now down. Sure. If you believe that, then good for you.

Although Chris's album did go to number one, he's still having problems, as we can see. And when Chris is having problems, we should all watch our collective asses, because the boy doesn't function well when everyone is not kissing his ass. Radar reports this morning that Chris's new problem is that all of his West Hollywood neighbors hate him. He's really loud, he throws parties, and he's disrespectful. God, I would hate to live next door to him. Can you imagine how much that would suck?

When you think of who would make the perfect neighbor, Chris Brown probably isn't the first person that springs to mind, and residents in his swanky West Hollywood condo building can confirm, he's far from ideal.

In fact, a source tells RadarOnline.com that the 21-year-old Forever singer is driving his neighbors nuts with his loud music, constant stream of friends visiting all hours of the night and day and his disrespectful manner.

"Chris Brown is a problematic tenant, to say the least," the source says. "He has his posse traipsing around until the late hours of the night, he's loud and totally disrespectful of his neighbors.

"He's driving the other tenants in the building crazy. The vast majority of the residents are professionals and they work during the day, so it's important to them to get some rest at night and that's proving difficult with the noise that's being generated. The building isn't meant to be some kind of party house, the residents don't want that and they don't want to live in that kind of environment. The tenants are complaining about him and the noise he's generating, they've even had to give him at least one warning. He needs to keep the volume down – people are sick of his behavior."

Brown spent close to $1.75 million on the 3,000 square foot, three bedroom, three-and-a-half bathroom penthouse condo, and only recently moved into the property.

"It's crazy," the source says. "He just moved in around a month ago and he's already received a warning. The tenants are just really worried – if he's like this straight off the bat, they wonder if it’s going to get any worse.”

[From Radar]

I wonder if there's a condo board? Probably not, or else how would they have let Chris Brown in, right? Well, there's not much the residents can do at this point except call the cops whenever they hear a woman screaming, or something crashing or breaking. But by then, it will probably be too late.

wenn3261429

Photos courtesy of Chris's Twitter & WENN.

Lil’ Wayne talks about jail, sizzurp & music with Paris Hilton in Interview Mag

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 08:22 AM PDT

lw1

This should be a rare treat: me covering Lil' Wayne. In my defense, he covers the new issue of Interview Magazine, and his interview was conducted by Paris Hilton. So, it's newsworthy, as is Wayne's general openness during the interview (btw, he asks to be called simply "Wayne"). I've only skimmed the highlights thus far (I don't really care for him, but whatever, the full Interview piece is here), and what's cracking me up is that everyone keeps describing Wayne as "bizarre" and "alien" and "weird". Like, he's the rapper version of Tilda Swinton. Anyway, Wayne is out of Rikers (he got out in November) and he's off the sizzurp (or however you spell it). Here are some highlights from the piece:

HILTON: And now you're being called the new king of hip-hop. What do you think of that? Is it something that's hard to live up to? Or is it exciting to have people say that?
WAYNE: It's very exciting. I love pressure, so I guess if that brings forth pressure, then I'm up for it. But, you know, titles are titles, and names are names. As long as people remember me forever, that will be enough for me.

HILTON: Do you ever read your own press, or google yourself?
WAYNE: Um, never. I don’t think I’ve ever googled myself. [laughs] But I do read some things that . . . I mean, if I know that I was with an interviewer and I kind of figure that he or she got something bad or something good from the interview, then I’ll read the piece when it comes out. But other than that, I’d have to have a reason to read it-and, usually, I don’t have a reason. So, no, I don’t really read too much, because I know you know that they word things the way they want to word them when they put it on paper.

HILTON: What's the most bizarre thing that you've ever read about yourself?
WAYNE: The most bizarre thing I've ever read about myself is that I was dead. That was kind of weird to read that I'm dead— mostly because I was reading it. [both laugh]
HILTON: I read that about myself once, too. It's pretty bizarre.

Lil’ Wayne on his experience with the paparazzi in Miami: “The only time I ever really witnessed some crazy paparazzi was during my court experiences. Every time I rode up to court, as soon as I jumped out of the truck, they were there to snap, and all in our way to where we couldn't walk. It's nowhere near like that around here. But maybe I'm just not that caliber of person that they want to take pictures of me like that.”

Lil’ Wayne on discovering Drake and the one thing he has taught him from his own experiences: “When I first heard Drake, I already knew that he had potential beyond my imagination, because the kid was singing and rapping—and he was rapping real well…So that's when I already knew that he was gonna blow up, right there. He would've done it—with me or not—I just wanted to make sure it was with me. And the main thing I've told him, or taught him, for lack of better words, is just to stay humble and remember who you are throughout it all, because there's gonna be moments in every single day when you'll have to go back to that person and reflect on that person. You have to self-reflect. If you forget who you actually are, then what's the use of even looking in the mirror.”

Lil’ Wayne and Paris Hilton on solitary confinement:
WAYNE: For me it was okay, because it just meant that I was alone with my thoughts.
HILTON: I had to do 24 nights in solitary. [Hilton was held in a separate cell as a safety precaution.]
WAYNE: Oh, so you know how it is.
HILTON: Yeah, I know how it is.
HILTON: How happy are you to have your freedom now?
WAYNE: Words cannot explain.
HILTON: Yeah, I know how you feel. [laughs] It's the best feeling in the world when you come out.

HILTON: Do you believe in horoscopes?
WAYNE: I've read horoscopes before and what they say about Libras. But I would actually love to not be what somebody writes down—I don't want to be described.

HILTON: Do you have any pets?
WAYNE: I like animals, but I only have a few pets. I have a bunch of fish, and I have two sharks. Those are my dudes.
HILTON: Wow. Sharks? Nice.
EHRLICH: How big are the sharks?
WAYNE: One is a little baby, so he's about a foot or two, or something like that. Then the other one is a good two, two and a half feet, or almost three feet. EHRLICH: So do you have a huge pool for them? Or do they stay in a tank?
WAYNE: They live in a crib…It's like a little pond under the stairwell in my house. So they swim under there.
HILTON: That's dope.

Lil’ Wayne on what goals he wishes to accomplish by the end of the year: “I want to bank a cool $50 million at least. At the end of this year, I want to be able to say that I banked $50 million. Not generated $50 million, but actually banked $50 million.”

WAYNE: I wanna ask you something, Paris. When are you dropping your album?
HILTON: When am I dropping the album?
WAYNE: Yeah. Do you know?
HILTON: Hopefully soon. I've been working on it for so long—since my last album [Paris, 2006, Warner Bros.]. So I want to release it by this summer, because I have a lot of summer bangers. I want to just have it out, because that's when people love to party.
WAYNE: That's cool.
HILTON: If I had you on a song too, that would be hot.
WAYNE: That was gonna be my next question. I was gonna ask you, how are you gonna release an album and don't get me on it?
HILTON: Well, if you would be on the album, then I would be honored. That would be the sickest thing. We should get each other's phone numbers so we can call each other after the interview or text or something.
WAYNE: Cool. Sounds good.
HILTON: My number is 310-XXX-XXXX.
WAYNE: Okay. I'll text you my number.

HILTON: …I have a recording studio that I built in my house—and a nightclub too.
EHRLICH: You have a nightclub in your house?
HILTON: I built one, yeah, because I don't really like to go out as much as I used to, so I just built a club at my house with the studio attached to it.
WAYNE: You're so f-ckin' rich.
EHRLICH: Do you have a disco ball in there?
HILTON: No, it's really elegant. Although it has a stripper pole, so maybe it's not that elegant.

[From Interview Magazine]

I kind wish I could have that time back. Sigh… why are these people famous again? I mean, yeah, I get why Wayne is famous, and I can also see that he's very talented. But Paris… and having Paris talk to Wayne. It's just… rough.

lw2

Photos courtesy of Interview.

Reese Witherspoon’s wedding actually sounds really cool & really Southern

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 07:50 AM PDT

wenn3229394

I've talked about this before, but I really need to stress it for this post - I am not a wedding person. I don't have the bride gene. When I see a show about picking out the perfect wedding gown, I change the channel to a rerun of Law & Order: SVU. Fluffy white gowns, seating arrangements, wedding waltzs, floral arrangements, all of that stuff that brides seem to obsess over - I just don't care. This is probably one of the many reasons why I'm not married (that, and I'm not a baby person either). If and when I ever get married, it will not be some big thing. I'll either elope, or go down to a court house while wearing a suit, or maybe something really, really simple with, like, barely anyone there and just a lot of food.

So imagine my surprise when I was reading even more details of Reese Witherspoon's weekend wedding (go here for yesterday's post about her nuptials), I found myself thinking, "Damn, that sounds really nice." Reese invited lots of A-listers to her wedding (RDJ!), but she kept everything really down-home and Southern and the whole thing sounds really cool:

When Reese Witherspoon wed Jim Toth at her Ojai, Calif. ranch on Saturday evening, the couple was 90 miles north of Los Angeles — but the vibe of the night was a universe away from Hollywood glitz! UsMagazine.com has brand-new details on the Oscar winner’s big-time nuptials.

In a courtyard in front of the Ojai house, the Monique Lhuillier-clad actress, 35, and CAA agent Toth, 40, exchanged vows and William Goldberg wedding bands beneath a canopy.
About 120 family members and friends– including Sean Penn, Scarlett Johansson, Renee Zellweger, Tobey Maguire and wife Jennifer Meyer, Robert Downey Jr., Matthew McConaughey and love Camila Alves, Alyssa Milano, Colin Hanks, Isla Fisher and hubby Sacha Baron Cohen– were on hand for the bash.

Reverend Jimmy Bartz, of the Santa Monica church regularly attended by the couple, officiated the 20-minute service, and Witherspoon’s children (with ex-husband Ryan Phillippe) Ava, 11, and Deacon, 7, participated in the ceremony.

Matron of honor duties went to Witherspoon’s best friend Heather Rosenfield, whose little boys served as ring bearers; the star’s nieces were flower girls.

In a fitting turn for the Southern-born actress, a bluegrass band played “Tennessee Waltz” as the processional music for Toth and the kids, segueing to “Here Comes the Bride” for Witherspoon’s walk, and playing “Will the Circle Be Unbroken” during the ceremony.

Immediately following the “I do” exchange, guests retreated to a one-hour cocktail party behind the house.

The special night’s theme? Rustic, farm-style, of course! (At her bucolic Ojai spread, Witherspoon gardens and keeps horses, donkeys, pigs, goats and chickens.) The outdoor decor included lanterns and chandeliers hanging from trees, mismatched antique chairs and distressed benches set throughout the property, a wood plank dance floor, antique leather sofas, jute rugs, wago wheels and Turkish textile pillows.

Different arrangements of white, blush and lavender flowers were set up on each table in mason jars, fish catcher lanterns and antique pots. And large moss-covered pots with lavender were set up all over the estate.

When it was time for dinner, guests sat down at long tables in a fabric-lined tent behind the house. On the menu, catered by L.A. eatery Lucques: endive salad with olives and fava beans; wild striped bass with potatoes, chanterelles and garlic; mustard grilled chicken with haricort vert and herb roasted lamb with braised artichokes. For dessert? A grand wedding cake designed by Erica O’Brien, a separate table of sweet treats — and a s’mores lounge!

After the meal, guests boogied on the dance floor to DJ-spun tunes. When it was time to call it a night, revelers departed clutching gift bags with pecan currant scones from a local baker.

Says a pal of the couple, who began dating in January 2010: “They feel like they’ve hit the jackpot in this relationship!”

[From Us Weekly]

Okay, if and when Gerard Butler/Michael Fassbender/Ralph Fiennes wants to marry me and he really wants a big, Hollywood wedding, we're doing it like this. I like Reese's plan, and I would happily copy it. Now Gerard just needs to buy me a big ring. And Michael needs to rest up for the honeymoon.

wenn3264025

wenn3229775

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Another “Teen Mom,” Jenelle Evans, arrested for assault caught on tape

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 07:27 AM PDT

jenelleevans1
I haven’t watched Teen Mom this season, but from what I’ve heard this Jenelle Evans chick is the bad seed in the bunch. She’s has custody of her infant son taken away from her and awarded to her mom, and was arrested for marijuana possession and breaking and entering last year. (She’s due back in court on that charge on April 29.) She also got in a brutal fight with another woman, over her boyfriend or something. This was caught on tape, but it looks like an onlooker taped it on their cell phone without bothering to intervene at all, and ended up selling it to a photo agency. At least in this case it wasn’t an MTV camera person witnessing abuse and not stepping in to stop it.

TMZ has the tape of that fight, and it made me sick to my stomach to watch it. Janelle really lays into the girl and punches her repeatedly in the face, using her fingers to spread open the girl’s mouth when she’s not wailing into her. It’s awful to watch. Thankfully this lowlife Jenelle was arrested for that attack, though. She was charged with two misdemeanor counts of assault after the victim pressed charges this weekend. Jenelle posted bond of $500 and was released shortly afterwards.

Jenelle Evans was taken into custody late Sunday in connection with two misdemeanor charges of simple assault and simple affray (i.e., a physical altercation) and RadarOnline.com has her just-released mug shot for you.

The arrest stemmed from a video of Evans, 19, fighting a love rival named Britany Truett over a boy named Kieffer Delp, who was also arrested Sunday on an unrelated outstanding drug charge. In the clip, Evans is seen punching Truett (who’d pressed charges over the weekend) repeatedly in the face.

The North Carolina native — who’s forfeited legal custody of her son Jace to her mother Barbara in this season’s edition of the MTV reality hit — was apprehended by Oak Island Police and booked into Brunswick County Jail, where she was released at 11:25 p.m. ET on bond of $500.

Evans is the second Teen Mom in as many seasons to be arrested based on incidents caught before the show’s cameras, as Indiana native Amber Portwood is currently facing a pair of felony charges in connection with her televised attack on baby daddy Gary Shirley.

Evans will face the charges in court April 26; in the meantime, you can see more of Jenelle when Teen Mom 2 airs on MTV Tuesday at 10/9c.

[From Radar Online]

What kind of kids is MTV paying $280,000 a year to be on TV? We had Amber last year and now here’s another two bit abusive criminal getting semi-rich and famous thanks to having a child underage that she’s not fit to care for. I hope that MTV makes an executive decision and doesn’t give these kids any more air time after they commit crimes, but you know that’s not going to happen. They get way more press for the show when the stars fight and get arrested.

jenelleevans2

jenelleevans3

Hugh Laurie vs. Russell Brand: Who would you rather?

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 07:15 AM PDT

hop_premiere_13_wenn3268503

These are photos from this weekend's premiere of Hop, in which Russell Brand voices some version of the cartoon Easter Bunny. The film is a blend of cartoon/CGI animation and live-action, with proper actors and everything. I knew that Brand was voicing the "next" Easter Bunny (and what a raunchy choice that was), and I knew that James Marsden was "starring" in the live-action part of the film, but Hugh Laurie's involvement comes as a surprise. It turns out, Hugh is voicing the Easter Bunny's father. So… he has to be Russell Brand's dad. God save us all.

So as Russell and Hugh posed together at the premiere, I have to ask - which would you rather? For some, it might be a toss up. Both Hugh and Rusty are funny men, and both are rather unconventionally attractive. Both seem rather brilliant in their own way too. Rusty is younger, but Hugh has more experience. My choice: I'd rather go to bed with Hugh. I find him more physically attractive. That's not a knock on Russell though - I find him attractive mostly because I think he's smart and funny, but physically, he doesn't do much for me. In general, I only care Russell when he's attached to Helen Mirren or when I'm reading one of his interviews. Speaking of, Russell has a new one with Parade:

Parade: Have you gotten used to living in Los Angeles?
Brand: I passed my driver's license test! My friend Danny says I drive like I'm at a funeral: sensible and calm.

How do you unwind on Sundays?
I hang out with my wife. I like to read, play with our cat, and watch English football. I have a pair of West Ham United slippers and some stripey thermal long johns I romp around in. Very comfy stuff.

What about your tight pants—are they ever hard to get off?
Never too much trouble. You can have zippers fitted at the ankle—they can be helpful. If you have trouble getting pants off, that's excessive. Once it's restrictive, you're out of fashion and into bondage.

What's the best thing about being married?
Having a friend, having consistency in your life. I didn't come from a big family, so building a family is important to me. Some of my friends have children, and they take your life to different places. That's something I want to be as involved in as possible, especially once they start laughing and doing stuff.

Do you like making kids' movies?
I do. Children live in a world where there is a lot of imagination and freedom, and that's a nice place to inhabit as a comedian.

What would we be surprised to know about you?
That I'm really kind of shy and normal when I'm at home. All the showing-off stuff is about work.

What were Easters like growing up in England?
I remember watching The Muppet Show one year—and liking too much chocolate. Anything that helps put chocolate in your tummy is an embraceable holiday.

Does the bunny in Hop look like you?
I think there are some facial expressions and dental similarities. Other than that, it's a creation of the brilliant animators.

Was it hard playing a drunk in Arthur now that you're sober?
It was difficult, yeah. That was one of the areas I had to work on a lot. I carried a bottle of booze on set and smelled it while we were doing those scenes. [Director] Jason Winer and I had a code for the level of drunkenness in a particular scene: from one to four, one being a little buzzed and four being sloshed. But it's not a tragic portrayal of a drunken man; it's not like Leaving Las Vegas.

You worked with Helen Mirren on both Arthur and The Tempest. Did you bond through humor?
She could get along with anybody, but, yeah, I think we connected with humor. She has a beautiful work ethic and doesn't make a fuss about anything. I've never met anyone more worthy of the title Dame.

Now that you're doing films, is this the end of Russell the comedian?
No, I love stand-up more than anything. If you're talking, why not make people laugh?

[From Parade]

Putting aside his burning love for Dame Mirren for a moment, I found his comments on the idea of becoming a father most interesting: "I didn't come from a big family, so building a family is important to me. Some of my friends have children, and they take your life to different places. That's something I want to be as involved in as possible, especially once they start laughing and doing stuff." That's why he got married - he was just ready to be married, and he thinks he's ready to be a father, and he simply married the first girl he saw. It's kind of sad because I don't think Katy is in any way ready to put her career on hold to start popping out Brand babies. It's going to be a mess when this thing falls apart.

Anyway, if you want a really hard choice, which would you rather between these two?

hop_premiere_08_wenn3268515

Gross, right? Here are some more pics to cleanse the palate:

hop_premiere_02_wenn3268556

hop_premiere_01_wenn3268504

hop_premiere_22_wenn3268510

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Hot Guy Empire Awards: James McAvoy’s ginger beard melts panties

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 06:31 AM PDT

wenn3268134

Okay, I just covered some of the fashion from the Jameson Empire Awards (Keira, Lily and Noomi), and here are some of the hot guys from the ceremony. My top guy, of course, is James McAvoy and his sexy little ginger beard and his gorgeous blue eyes. This boy is such an unconventional heartthrob, isn't he? He has a nice body, but he's kind of small and wiry, and he's handsome, but so, so boyish, and he's got that thick Scottish brogue… and somehow, all of it combined is exceedingly erotic. He's delicious. I enjoy his style too - he's not really fashionable or anything, but he always looks comfortable. Sigh… I'm in love with him.

empire_film_awards_023_wenn3267649

empire_awards_press_room_03_wenn5628689

empire_film_awards_053_wenn3267667

Gary Oldman was at the Empire Awards too - I think he won something. Whatevs. I can't say I really care for his glasses, but I do like his hair these days. Remember when Oldman used to be crazy? And now he's so… establishment.

empire_awards_2_wenn3267585

A little Mark Strong, for those who enjoy him (as I do). For the past few weeks, Mark Strong has been a contender to make Hot Guy Friday, but he ends up getting pushed aside. Mark Strong for HGF?

empire_film_awards_041_wenn3267714

And finally, Colin Firth. I've missed him so much since the awards season! I had gotten used to seeing photos of him all the time and reading so many of his interviews. I hope he's enjoying his Oscar win.

empire_press_room_05_wenn5628706

empire_press_room_03_wenn5628704

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Keira Knightley in Rodarte at the Empire Awards: tragic or cute?

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 06:30 AM PDT

keira_knightley_1_wenn3267486

The Empire Awards were held last night in London, and some interesting people came out. I'll be covering the (hot) dudes from the ceremony in a moment, I just wanted to talk about some of the girls right now. I suppose Keira Knightley was the closest thing to A-list at the show, and she looked like she knew it too. That's what her face says to me "I can't believe I'm here, I'm so ABOVE this." Of course, her face also says to me "I need to detox and eat something" so maybe I'm just reading too much into faces this morning. The dress is Rodarte Fall 2011 RTW collection - I'm having difficulties seeing beyond the unflattering beige to actually look at the design of this thing. All in all, it's not the worst thing Keira's ever worn, but it's not really good, either. And her face! Yikes. Do you remember how fresh and pretty Keira used to look? Don't even try to pull the "She looks the same!" card. This girl is dealing with something that is harming her physically.

empire_film_awards_011_wenn3267710

wenn3268182

Next: Lily Cole. When we last heard from Lily, she was boning David Gandy. For real. And when I put up some recent photos of her, her defenders were all "You picked the worst photos! She's prettier than that!!" Um, really? This is how she chose to present herself at the Empire Awards. Yellow Prada, headband, vague expression. And this is Gandy's type? Ugh.

lily_cole_3_wenn3267484

lily_cole_4_wenn3267485

And lastly, my favorite - Noomi Rapace! She's the original Lisbeth Salander in the Swedish adaptations of The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo and the other two books. I love Noomi, and I love how pretty and girly she is in real life. I like her little black dress!

wenn3268128

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Britney’s back (again), does shows in Vegas and San Francisco

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 06:28 AM PDT

fp_7051128_spears_britney_c
Britney Spears is launching yet another album after her successful worldwide Circus tour about two years ago. As promotion for her new album Femme Fatale, out Tuesday, she did two brief shows in Vegas Saturday Night and then performed a free concert of the same three song set in San Francisco on Sunday. That show was taped for Good Morning America and will air tomorrow. They’re promoting the hell out of it and I keep seeing spots for it on TV, where they promise that we’ll get to “wake up and go to bed” with Britney. It doesn’t sound like that great a prospect to me, but she has a lot of fans and she puts out solid pop hits. An MTV special featuring Britney will also air this week.

fp_7051380_spears_britney_c

Whoever thought Britney Spears had lost it … boy, were you ever wrong.

The 29-year-old Mississippi-born beauty, a mother-of-two, showed off her incredible figure — particularly her derriere — in front of 5,000 fans at San Francisco’s Bill Graham Civic Auditorium on Sunday. Part of the event will be broadcast on Good Morning America Tuesday, as host Robin Roberts, fresh off her testy chat with Chris Brown, joined Spears onstage at one point.

The resurgent chart-topper changed costumes several times during the event, wearing luscious get-ups like a a silver sequined body-suit and a black leotard that accentuated her tremendous physique. She looked stunning in a series of outfits as she sang Hold It Against Me, Big Fat Bass, Till The World Ends.

The production was top-notch as well, as Brit's elaborate stage set up was enhanced by a firework finale that ended the show. The 29-year-old Toxic singer has hit the road in promotion of her upcoming album Femme Fatale, the follow-up to her 2008 smash-hit Circus.

Britney Spears and Jason Trawick Go Shopping In Maui

“The energy, the people, the dancing the music, Britney — it was tremendous!” Roberts said following the set.

The sexy songbird tweeted about the great time she had in the city by the Bay following the Sunday show.

“Just wrapped GMA. I love love love you San Francisco! -Britney,” she tweeted, later adding, “Leaving the Castro District. I wanted to see more but I could barely get out the car!!! I love you all SO much … PS - Even my dad had a great time!”

She also thanked Jersey Shore’s Pauly D “for keeping the crowd pumped at my Vegas show on Friday night.”

Check out GMA Tuesday, as the show will air clips from Sunday’s concert, as well as a special announcement from the singer.

[From Radar Online]

Britney was touring nearly all of 2009 and she did very well. We barely heard much gossip about her, except for some minor wardrobe malfunctions, and lip syncing complaints. It looks like there’s more of the same planned for her soon. This “big announcement” she’s going to make on GMA will probably be for a tour of some kind. She’s got managers and lawyers and ex husbands to pay, and that’s where the money is. She looks great and more together than ever, and she’s doing what she knows. I’ve been waiting for the other shoe to drop for her for a while, but maybe she’s past all that now and ready to move on to the next phase in her career.

Here’s a preview of Tuesday’s GMA:

Update: Here’s a clip of her Vegas performance. [via DListed] She looks wooden, just like on her last tour, but that’s Britney.

Photos from Fame Pictures. Sunday was declared “Britney Spears Day” in San Francisco. Credit: Fame Pictures

fp_7051381_spears_britney_c

fp_7051142_spears_britney_c

fp_7051147_spears_britney_c

Was Prince William’s stag party full of dudes, liquor & porn?

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 05:34 AM PDT

wenn612526

On Friday, we heard the disturbing news that Prince William's stag party (bachelor party) was being held this weekend, and that Prince Harry had organized something special for him. My theory was that the party would involve strippers, hookers and assorted bar wenches, nubile young things who would be giving birth to assorted ginger and balding babies nine months from now. I was totally wrong, though. At least as far as I know now. According to the British papers, the stag party was a sausage-fest. Just dudes, William and Harry's Eton buddies and official royal sycophants, all gathered on some dude's country estate. Boring!

When Prince William chose his brother Prince Harry to be his best man, he may have expected he would spend his stag party downing cocktails in the public eye at some of London’s fashionable nightspots.

Instead, at the weekend he marked the end of his bachelor days with a low-key private party, thought to have been held at a friend’s country estate outside London.

The party was attended by about 20 of the Prince’s closest friends including James Meade, whom he met at Eton, and Thomas van Straubenzee who attended Ludgrove Prep School in Berkshire with the Prince

Hugh van Cutsem, one of Prince Charles’s godsons, was also present. His father owns a large estate in Norfolk, leading to speculation that it could have provided the perfect bolt-hole for a low-key event.

Guy Pelly, a nightclub owner renowned for his love of partying, is understood to have planned the stag weekend with Prince Harry. But as with all good stag nights it appears the details of what went on are unlikely to emerge. All guests were sworn to secrecy.

Mr Straubenzee yesterday declined to comment. He said: “I’m very sorry but I have got to keep it a secret. I hope you understand.”

The Prince, who will marry Kate Middleton next month, had initially planned to spend the weekend taking part in a variety of watersports in Exmouth, Devon, including racing speedboats and water-skiing. The plans were cancelled, however, after they were leaked to the press.

Journalists had flocked to the River Exe hoping for a glimpse of the royal party. It was rumoured that Prince Harry had chosen the Turf Locks pub as the venue for part of the party.

Yesterday, as Prince William and his friends returned from the weekend, a source at St James’s Palace confirmed that the event had taken place but refused to discuss any details. The source said: “I can confirm that Prince William’s stag party happened this weekend. It was an entirely private event and we don’t intend to make any further comment.”

The Prince’s desire for a low-key party was similar to that of his father, Prince Charles, who held his stag night within the confines of a suite at Whites, a gentleman’s club, before marrying Lady Diana Spencer.

Shortly before his wedding the Duke of Edinburgh entertained some of his naval friends at a stag party at the Dorchester. The Duke and his friends famously smashed the flash bulbs of press photographers to ensure privacy. In 1986 the Duke of York thought he had escaped public attention by holding his stag at the Notting Hill home of Lord Lascelles, only to be gatecrashed by his future wife and her friends dressed as police officers.

Prince William’s stag weekend was in marked contrast to that of Peter Phillips, his cousin and the son of the Princess Royal, in April 2009. The Prince arrived at the event by RAF helicopter with his brother before enjoying several drinking games in which he reportedly downed pints and dropped his trousers.

His own party would have been organised closer to the wedding on April 29, but pressing royal engagements meant it had to be held earlier.

Prince Harry is due to join a trek to the North Pole for disabled servicemen tomorrow, while Prince William has to return to RAF Valley in Anglesey, where he is serving as a sea rescue helicopter pilot.

[From The Telegraph]

I'm getting the feeling that this "stag party" was either A) Supposed to throw everybody off so that the real stag party could go off without a hitch a few weeks from now or B) something dirtier than the sausage party we're being told about now. Seriously, how can a bachelor party involve only dudes on a country estate? That just sounds so… meh. Maybe there was lots of alcohol and porn? Even then, it sounds too safe.

wenn1423188

wenn5151174

wenn1776875

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Carey Mulligan has a new musician boyfriend, Marcus Mumford

Posted: 28 Mar 2011 05:32 AM PDT

Mumford & Sons
British actress Carey Mulligan, who was last linked with prettyboy actor Tom Sturridge after her split with Shia LaBeouf last fall, may have a new boyfriend. The Daily Mail reports that she’s dating musician Marcus Mumford, 24, of the band Mumford and Sons. I saw this guy perform at the Grammys with his band and then with Bob Dylan. He’s such a great musician, I remember being so impressed with him at the time, and I kind of love this story. I can’t believe he’s just 24 with that kind of talent.

British starlet Carey Mulligan is enjoying a whirlwind romance with Marcus Mumford, lead singer with folk rockers Mumford & Sons.

The 25-year-old An Education actress is said to be 'besotted' with the English singer and has flown to the UK from her base in New York to be with him.

She and Marcus, 24, are currently enjoying a romantic weekend together in Buckinghamshire after spending last week in the Orkney Islands.

'They've also been spending time at Marcus's London home in Shepherd's Bush,' says a close friend.

The pair first got together in Nashville, Tennessee, last month.

A spy says: 'Marcus invited Carey to watch him play a secret show in the basement of his friend Mike Harris's home in Nashville. She sat in the front row and while he was singing Marcus looked down at Carey and she blushed. It was clear they had chemistry.

'Afterwards they went to the City House restaurant and dined with friends but they sat together and acted like a couple.

'Carey's hoping they can spend more time together when Marcus flies back to America next month for a major tour with his band. He's hired a vintage train instead of a tour bus and has asked Carey to join him for the trip. It's early days but they seem to enjoy each other's company.'

[From The Daily Mail]

That all sounds so romantic - they’re spending weekends together and he’s asked her to go on tour with him on his special old timey train. I hope this works out for them. From what I know of Carey she’s very down to earth (she stayed in a Best Western for a while) and doesn’t seem to be letting her success get to her head. I don’t know much about this guy except for what I’ve seen on stage. They look like they would make a very nice couple though.

Carey Mulligan is shown in the header on 12/5/10. Credit: WENN.com Marcus Mumford is shown on 3/7/10. Credit: PRPhotos. Other photos of Carey from 2/3/11 and Marcus with his band on 3/15/11. Credit: WENN

wenn3191583

wenn3191586

wenn3210374

No comments:

Post a Comment