Thursday, March 24, 2011

Crushable

Crushable


Sex on the Wire: How Much Does Having Sex Cost You?

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:05 AM PDT

sexy timeDoes having sex cost you a lot of money? (College Candy)

If you’re trying to keep your man from straying, these ideas won’t help you at all. (The Gloss)

Uh-oh. Sources are reporting that Crystal Harris is cheating on Hugh Hefner… with Dr. Phil’s son? (Oh No They Didn’t!)

Have you ever had a long-distance relationship? What did you learn from it? (YourTango)

Reportedly, Paris Hilton won’t date black guys. This is just what her career needed. (Crazy Days and Nights)

 

Post from: Crushable

Sex on the Wire: How Much Does Having Sex Cost You?

New Meme: "Mila Kunis is Bored"

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:25 AM PDT

Earlier this week, Liana stumbled upon some inexplicable graffiti: “Mila Kunis” spray-painted in red on a brick wall. We doubt that the Black Swan star is going around New York tagging property, so one of her many admirers must be responsible. Then, two nights ago I found this similar piece of street art:

If you can’t read it, underneath Mila’s photo (I believe this one is from Forgetting Sarah Marshall) it says, Mila Kunis is bored. A quick Google search brought up several instances of this phrase attached to photocopies of Mila, or graffitied in Brooklyn bathrooms.

(via ever + then, bored and youthful, Brooklyn Born)

Note that the “handwriting” on the third one looks a lot like the graffiti Liana posted. According to one of the blogs, this meme has existed since late 2010, if not earlier. But what’s the reasoning behind it? We know from her first big role on That ’70s Show that Kunis can do a bitchface with the best of them, but she has a lot to smile about lately, including the starring role opposite Justin Timberlake in Friends with Benefits (which looks leagues better than Black Swan co-star Natalie Portman‘s No Strings Attached).

Post from: Crushable

New Meme: "Mila Kunis is Bored"

Twitter Comedians Mock Kim Kardashian

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:24 AM PDT

Yesterday, Kim Kardashian hit Twitter to crowdsource names for her new fragrance. Ever the useful bunch, many of our favorite Twitter comedians decided to help Kim out with some suggestions. Check out their ideas for what promises to be an olfactory delight:

From the delightful @robdelaney:

From the hilarious @danforthfrance:

From the tremendously funny @JennyJohnsonHi5:

From the we’re running out of adjectives @yoyoha:

From the super-smart @UncleDynamite:

Post from: Crushable

Twitter Comedians Mock Kim Kardashian

Am I Right Ladies? The Sweet Smell of Celebrity

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 10:50 AM PDT

I've always said if the perfume fits, WEAR IT, amirightladies? Okay, I've never said that. But what I have said numerous times to no one in particular (because no one is listening) is that the one thing I love more than pretending I'm a celebrity is smelling like one. Thank God some of the most fabulous famous womyn out there make it easy to bathe in their scent.  Let's honor the memory of the celebrity perfume original gangstress, Elizabeth Taylor, and chat about some of the best fragrances out there. Hiding the smell of sadness is wrong then please don't tell me otherwise, amirightladies?

Elizabeth Taylor – White Diamonds

What a classic. And the commercial ain't bad either, amirightladies? But seriously, who hasn't seen this ad at least once in their lifetime? The answer is no one. This woman turned her name into a label and named her label's perfume after one of the most precious gems in the world. I can't even convince the deli I go to every day to name a sandwich after me. I think everyone would want to eat " Gail's Cheesy Kuntwich." But maybe that's just me.

I've never actually used "White Diamonds" (I prefer Febreeze), but I imagine it smells like a mixture of blood, old money and JCPenney. Let's just remember that Liz Taylor's star burned so bright that diamonds literally melted off of her onto all the plebes around her. Especially poker players. And that's a burning sensation I want to smell like. RIP, you great white diamond.

Cher – Uninhibited

Speaking of vintage: Cher. When I think of the word uninhibited I think of my appetite during Lobsterfest at Red Lobster.  Cheddar Bay biscuits free my spirit. And test my elastic waistband, amirightladies?

Now before you say "I have a lot of people inside of me" was a poor choice of words, take off the double-entendre judgment pants and let your panties untwist themselves girlfriends! She just means she has lived a crazy, colorful life that has left the trail of many people inside of her. Wait. If you want to have a lot of people in you like Cher does, then wear "Uninhibited." No.

And Cher, you will NEVER be too old to wear your motorcycle jacket, because you were always too old to begin with. And isn't that the essence of being uninhibited? I just don't know anymore.

Britney Spears – Fantasy

Say what you will about Britney, but she's right. Everybody does have a fantasy. Even me, and I know what you're thinking but it doesn't involve food. It involves a bed of kittens and Tom Brokaw wearing nothing but a burlap sack and a frown. My fantasy used to be a brownie that became a full-sized edible boyfriend, but Saturday Night Live made a joke commercial about that a few years ago and I've since trained myself not to store the fantasy in the closed door part of my brain. See you in my dreams never, microwaveable "Devil's DUDE Cake."

The one thing Brit Brit doesn't mention, though, is fantasies don't always come true. For example, even I know that Britney + Kevin didn't really work out. Even though their names were carved into a tree. Looks like the success rate of her fragrance was just a FANTASY. GAILED IT.

Take a chance on love, but don't take a chance on this perfume. Better safe than sorrier than you were when you woke up this morning. Mondays, amirightladies? (It's Thursday)

Kim Kardashian – Kim Kardashian

I think it's really unfair no one told Kim Kardashian they were filming the photoshoot. How was she supposed to look at the rolling video camera. She's a professional celebrity, not a director of photography. I don't mean to get so sassy here, but I'm really upset at how stupid the Advertising Fatcats made her look in this spot. The footage must have been so unusable that they had to add some still photographs to fill the spot. It's like I'm caught in some sick inside joke. Shame on you Sephora & company. Leave Kim alone. Long live the sisterhood, amirightladies?

That said, Kim Kardashian (the fragrance) seems a little too "sexy" for my taste.

Celine Dion – Sensational

I liked this song better when Shakira sang it, amirightladies? They can't all be winners.

Post from: Crushable

Am I Right Ladies? The Sweet Smell of Celebrity

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 10:24 AM PDT

The Wire as a 19th century serialized novel - OMG! Brilliant, amazing, yes. (The Hooded Utilitarian)

Post from: Crushable

Celebrity Lookalikes: Celeb Kids And Baby Animals

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:05 AM PDT


You know what impossibly cute celebrity kids totally resemble? Impossibly cute baby animals! Baby lions, baby porcupines, baby bunnies, oh my! We can’t believe we didn’t think of this sooner.

  • Harlow Madden and a lion cup!
  • Apple Martin and a bunny rabbit!
  • Marion and Tabitha Broderick and baby orangutans!
  • Pilot Inspektor Lee and a tiger cub!
  • Kingston Rossdale and a baby porcupine!
  • Suri Cruise and a deer!
  • Violet Affleck and a baby raccoon!
  • Maddox Jolie-Pitt and a turtle!

Post from: Crushable

Celebrity Lookalikes: Celeb Kids And Baby Animals

'Black Swan' Producers Won't Acknowledge Natalie Portman's Dance Double Sarah Lane

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:01 AM PDT

It was so easy to go along with the belief that Natalie Portman‘s lovely dancing in Black Swan was the result of a year of single-minded discipline, especially because contrasted with Mila Kunis‘ more laidback attitude, it gave us a lot to talk about concerning actresses and the signs of eating disorders. But now Dance Magazine reports that most of Portman’s dancing was done by a double, American Ballet Theatre member Sarah Lane — who wasn’t acknowledged in the film’s credits or at the Oscars.

Lane explained to Dance Magazine that in the weeks leading up to the Oscars, a Fox Searchlight producer asked that she stop giving interviews until the awards had passed, so as to create, in her words, the “façade” that they had constructed around Portman as having transformed into a ballerina in just a year. Curiously, Portman didn’t include Lane’s name in her speech for Best Actress, though such omissions are not unusual considering the excitement of the Oscars.

More curiously, however, was that a video detailing the special effects of the film — including where Portman’s face was digitally put in over Lane’s — disappeared from the Internet before the Oscars. A Dance Magazine reader found this original video, which reveals that Lane danced several pivotal scenes in the film, including the audition where Lily’s intrusion rattles Nina in the middle of her turns and Nina’s triumphant performance as the Black Swan.

Aside from the grueling dancing itself, Lane was challenged by certain elements of the moviemaking process: In addition to a spongy floor that made it difficult to push off while dancing a certain scene, “I had these little foam balls stuck to my skin, my arms, and my face for face replacement. I probably did it 40 times. I was almost crying I was so frustrated.” However, in Dance’s December Q&A, the dancer made it clear that she understood her part in the film. What was unacceptable was that she not be acknowledged at all for her huge contribution.

Another Oscar contender, The Social Network, utilized male model Josh Pence as a body double for Armie Hammer, who portrayed both Winklevoss twins in face and voice. You have to wonder why Pence took on a role for which he may not be recognized, but in this case, he got plenty of publicity. Director David Fincher recalled that he told Pence, “Look, if you agree to do this, all the over-the-shoulders are going to be you, you gotta learn all the lines, you gotta be there for every shoot day. And when push comes to shove, I'm gonna lop your head off and put Armie's head on you. It's gonna be a completely thankless task.” But Pence said, “I’d love to do it,” and we got the Winklevii.

On the other end of the spectrum, Black Swan could have gone the route that the 2000 dance movie Center Stage did: Hire mostly dancers to fill the main roles. Sure, it led to some uneven acting, but at least there was no ambiguity about the dancing.

Post from: Crushable

'Black Swan' Producers Won't Acknowledge Natalie Portman's Dance Double Sarah Lane

Cara Maria Sorbello Breaks Up With 'Challenge' Costar Abram Boise Following His Arrest

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 09:12 AM PDT

Cara Maria Sorbello (pictured) and Abram Boise hooked up on the most recent season of the Real World/Road Rules Challenge, which was called Cutthroat. At the show’s reunion, they said that they were still together. However, it sounds like Cara Maria was not happy with Abram’s recent arrest for public indecency and the way he behaved in jail (smearing his poop all over the wall). Unlike 99 percent of the girls who appear on The Challenge, Cara Maria seems to have a spine, and she wasn’t interested in staying with Abram once she got word of his misbehavior. On her Facebook, she posted the following note in response to multiple questions about her relationship status:

Because no one can seem to mind their own business and because Abram changed his relationship status and announced to the world that I did not support him in his recent criminal actions. Because you all gave him the pity party he wanted. Because he involved you people, strangers and friends, when I would rather stay silent and keep things personal between us.
*
Here is my response:
*
I have been gone for over a month.. missing my man and counting the days to see him again. Literally I find out about this story a day ago. WHen I finally have internet access the first thing I see is the TMZ story. Of course I am open to hearing his side…
*
and I DO call him and hear his side… but the fact is…..
He indeed took his own **** in his own hands and smeared it on the wall and attempted to throw it at the cops.
I repeat- he took his own **** in his HANDS… and smeared it on the wall and attempted to throw it at the cops.
His ****.. in His hand.
*
this is not a fake rumor created by TMZ. this is an actual true event.
*
And this was done in MY own hometown. And my name was involved. This is embarrassing. It makes me look bad. Friends,family, etc know about it. It is disturbing and disgusting. I do not agree with his actions.
I agree the cops were being *******s but even if they are…. you sit back.. shut up… and wait til its over before taking actions against them. You don’t **** and **** everywhere. Especially not when you are doing a CHILDRENS BOOK TOUR.
*
I am different… i like weird things…I love his self inflicted scars and home made tattoos… they are a beautiful part of him…….. i love Abram’s artistic side and his hypnotizing way with words and writing… ive never felt so loved and so beautiful than I do with him…. but this….. i can not stand by. I need time alone. I don’t know what I’m doing. I just do not agree with his actions and am very turned off by it.
*
Agree with me… Disagree with me. I don’t care.

Responses to the post have been mixed – several people posted positive comments on her wall, but there are also several comments about how Abram still loves her and she should reconsider. I don’t know much about Cara Maria and I didn’t see her original Challenge (Fresh Meat 2), but good on her for sticking up for herself.

Post from: Crushable

Cara Maria Sorbello Breaks Up With 'Challenge' Costar Abram Boise Following His Arrest

The Best Character In the 'Kennedys' Miniseries Trailer Is Katie Holmes' Awful Accent

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 11:01 AM PDT

The much-buzzed-about Kennedys miniseries starring Katie Holmes, Barry Pepper, and Greg Kinnear will finally make it to TV. However, it’ll be airing on something called ReelzChannel, which means no one will watch it. The miniseries was apparently too controversial for Caroline Kennedy and Maria Shriver, who allegedly got it pulled from its intended airing on the History Channel. But this trailer doesn’t focus on any of the controversial parts – unless you count Katie’s terrible Jackie O impression.

Post from: Crushable

The Best Character In the 'Kennedys' Miniseries Trailer Is Katie Holmes' Awful Accent

Posted:

Post from: Crushable

1 comment:

  1. Hey does anyone still have those old "Mila Kunis Is Bored" Pictures? I used to be in NYC when that artist was active and saw one on Houston right by the Brooklyn Bridge which I always thought was the coolest tag ever. hmu on Twitter if they exist plz @Planet_Phoebe

    ReplyDelete