Wednesday, March 30, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Mad Men’s creator denies salary dispute: “I am fighting for the cast & for the show”

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 08:32 AM PDT

wenn2979969

There were a bunch of stories yesterday about the new season of Mad Men, and whether or not it was actually going to go forward, or whether AMC was going to metaphorically throw the baby out with the bath water while negotiating with series creator Matthew Weiner. Many criticized Weiner for getting a huge paycheck (reportedly $30 million for 3 years) and then getting pissy when AMC wanted to get added revenue from Mad Men by cutting characters and adding more ad time. Weiner saw that criticism, and now he's setting the record straight. Full disclosure: I've read several interviews with Weiner in the past, and while he comes across as hyper-emotional and a truly OCD-level perfectionist, he also comes across as a decent guy who loves and adores his job, and puts the best interests of the show ahead of his own personal or financial interests. So, I'm just saying - I believe him:

When news hit that ‘Mad Men’ wouldn’t return until 2012, fans of AMC’s juggernaut sighed. When that news spiraled into the notion that creator Matthew Weiner may leave the series, fans wept.

Now Weiner is clearing a few things up. “There’s been a lot of speculation and misinformation in the press about what is going on,” he tells ‘Mad Men’ blog Basket of Kisses. “I want the fans to know directly from me that I had nothing to do with this delay and it is not about money. I am fighting for the cast and for the show. And I appreciate the kindness and concern of the fans.”

The AMC/Weiner negotiations have been rumored to be in progress for months. “We didn’t have an actual conversation until three weeks ago,” Weiner clarifies.

AMC’s three reported conditions for ‘Mad Men’ are trimming the show’s length to accommodate more commercials, incorporating more product placement and ditching two cast members. Weiner says that while characters have departed the series before, it’s never been about money.

“I’ve brought the show in on budget,” Weiner says. “I’ve been a good producer.”

HitFix’s Alan Sepinwall, one of the web’s foremost ‘Mad Men’ gurus, has a thought-out take on the situation. “AMC compromised on the commercial time once, and though they suggest to [The New York Times] that they won’t this time, you never know,” Sepinwall writes. “Maybe in the end AMC blinks, deciding that the prestige of the show — which is largely dependent on having Matt Weiner present and happy — and what it means to their own brand is worth more than squeezing some extra bucks out of the margins.”

Weiner clarifies that the massive salary being floated in the press — $30 million for three more seasons — is inaccurate. “I offered to have less money, to save the cast, and to leave the show in the running time that it’s supposed to be,” Weiner says. “The harder that I’ve fought for the show, the more money that they’ve offered me.”

Weiner’s final words for troubled ‘Mad Men’ fans? “Everyone can hold on, and we’ll see if it’s necessary, but of course I would want them to express their feelings. I can’t even tell you what it’s meant to me to have intelligent people who care about the show, who reflect about it, who obsess about it, it’s been a total surprise to me. It’s surpassed everything I would ever have expected.”

[From PopEater]

To read the full interview with Matthew Weiner, go here.

As I said, I believe Weiner. I think he's honestly fighting to make the show he wants to make, and that it's not all about getting himself a huge contract. I don't think he's a money-hungry son of a bitch, I just think he doesn't feel like he should compromise, and that his vision for his show deserves to be protected and fought for.

Meanwhile, AMC announced yesterday that Mad Men is definitely coming back… in 2012. So, there are many, many months ahead for this battle royale between AMC and Weiner.

mm21

mm11

wenn1991048

Photos courtesy of WENN, AMC.

Killer Whale that killed trainer at Sea World is performing again

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 08:20 AM PDT

wenn2753889
Note: these photos are from 2008, well before this trainer Dawn Brancheau was killed. Credit: WENN

I know that I should get mad about more important stories, and I do, but this one upset me so much that I wanted to write about it. Remember how that killer whale at Sea World dragged a trainer to her death last year? That was witnessed by spectators including little kids at a Sea World performance, with the tape released online and shown on TV. It was pretty terrifying and sad to see a woman who dedicated her life to caring for marines animals get killed by one. That was in late February, 2010 and many animal rights activists, including actor Eli Roth, urged Sea World to reconsider their policy of keeping such large dangerous marine mammals in captivity. Well not only has Sea World not heeded anyone’s wishes, they’ve put that exact whale, Tilikum, back to work doing shows. Tilikum has killed two other people in his lifetime along with his trainer.

All 12,000 pounds of Tilikum will be on display when he performs in the “Believe” show this morning.

In a statement, executives from SeaWorld defended Tilikum’s reentry into the performing world saying it “is an important component of his physical, social and mental enrichment.”

Tilikum has been connected to the death of three humans. The last death was on Feb. 24, 2010 when Tilikum used his girth to snatch trainer Dawn Brancheau’s ponytail, pull her underwater and shake her violently until she died.

The death was caught on tape and watched by horrified spectators…

In August, the Occupational Safety and Health Administration said that Seaworld showed indifference or intentional disregard for employee safety by exposing workers to drowning hazards when they interact with killer whales.

The agency fined SeaWorld $75,000 and recommended that trainers not be allowed to have any physical contact with Tilikum unless protected by a physical barrier.

In response, SeaWorld officials say they are building fast rising false bottom floors capable of lifting whales and trainers out of the water in an emergency.

[From ABC]

Sea World is like “whatever, we’re building something at some point that might prevent someone from dying maybe.” Only they don’t have those “fast rising floors” built yet and are putting this whale back in the shows so it can earn its keep. If you saw that tape that lady was killed in a few moments. Some trick floor that isn’t even ready yet wouldn’t have prevented her death.

I get that you can’t just take a whale that’s lived in captivity all its life and put it back in the ocean. You can make the decision not to put it in a live stage show when it’s killed three people though. I’m never going to visit a SeaWorld park and I would encourage everyone to consider whether they want to spend money there.

wenn2753891

wenn2753905

Sofia Vergara brings her gorgeous tatas out for David Beckham, Diet Pepsi

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 08:09 AM PDT

fp_7070521_vergarasofia_pepsi_rev_02_22

These are photos of Sofia Vergara and David Beckham filming a commerical for Diet Pepsi yesterday and the day before. Whatever marketing genius put these two together, I salute you. This was a great idea, much better than the super-Photoshopped Diet Pepsi ad that diluted Sofia Vergara's famous EVEYTHING. Because Sofia is an embarrassment of riches, and every inch of her should be maximized to sell your product. What's funny is that David Beckham looks like he's totally having the time of his life filming this commercial with Sofia.

fp_7059920_beckhamvergara_pepsi_fp7_101_108

Now, some people have looked at these photos and suggested that David is stiffer than a surf board and that he likely went in for the kill with Sofia, as he (allegedly) has with many, many women over the course of his marriage to Victoria. Those people are probably right, although I doubt Sofia was in to it. When Becks was all, "So, can I get a hotel room and we can see where this goes?" Sofia probably laughed and touched his chest, letting her fingers linger as she said "No, no… I can't…" And then as she walked away, Becks stared at her ass and started weeping.

fp_7059843_beckhamvergara_pepsi_fp7_84_108

fp_7059848_beckhamvergara_pepsi_fp7_89_108

fp_7059233_beckhamvergara_pepsi_fp7_20_108

fp_7059283_beckhamvergara_pepsi_fp7_50_108

fp_7059285_beckhamvergara_pepsi_fp7_52_108

fp_7070525_vergarasofia_pepsi_rev_06_22

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Lindsay Lohan will not be charged with assault for attack on Betty Ford worker

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 07:27 AM PDT

fp_7060577_lohan_lindsay_ex
Yesterday we saw photos of Lindsay Lohan looking like she’s back on her drug(s) of choice. She looked haggard, like she’d lost at least 10 pounds in the last couple of weeks, and her pupils were pinpricks. It would be sad if it wasn’t so predictable and she wasn’t such an entitled piece of work who continues to commit crimes and think she can get away with it.

The latest in Lindsay Lohan news is that she’s squeaking by, of course, on a potential assault charge stemming from that time in December that she skipped out of court-ordered rehab, got drunk and then got abusive with a rehab employee when she tried to call authorities about it. The Betty Ford employee involved then blabbed to the gossip press, got fired, then was rumored to be in negotiations to get paid off by the Lohans not to press charges. Then the Lohans stiffed the woman of course, and she got another attorney.

Radar Online has the news that no charges will be fired. They also have insider information straight from Mommy crackhead about how Lindsay reacted. She was thrilled to learn that she would not face any consequences, yet again, for behaving very badly.

Dina Lohan broke the news to her daughter Lindsay that she would not be charged with any wrongdoing in connection with an altercation at the Betty Ford Center, the troubled actress told her mom: “Great, Awesome. Thanks Mommy. Goodnight!”, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

Dina, upon herself learning that charges will not be filed against Lindsay, told RadarOnline.com Tuesday night: “I have known all along my daughter was innocent.”

As RadarOnline.com previously reported, officials with the Riverside County District Attorney told us they were not filing charges “due to insufficient evidence” to prosecute Lindsay, 24, in the alleged December 12, 2010 altercation with staffer Dawn Holland at the Betty Ford Center in Rancho Mirage, California.

Holland accused the Mean Girls star of throwing a phone at her, after she allegedly caught the actress drinking and violating curfew, spurring an investigation from the Palm Desert Police Department as to whether Lohan had violated her probation in the incident.

“I only found out that the D.A. wouldn’t be filing charges today after reading RadarOnline.com,” Dina, 48, told us. “Our lawyer hadn’t even had the chance to contact us yet with the news.”

Dina said her famous daughter was elated upon learning she’d have one less legal hurdle to overcome.

“Lindsay didn’t know until Tuesday night and when I texted her the good news, she was at a charity event and she texted me back, ‘Great, Awesome! Thanks Mommy. Goodnight!’”

“We are all just so relieved, we were all waiting for the truth to come out that Lindsay was innocent,” the Long Island native told RadarOnline.com exclusively.

“Lindsay has been working on her sobriety: she has been following the Betty Ford program and they have been supportive throughout this entire experience,” Dina said. “They stood behind her and had faith in her the whole time.”

“I have known all along my daughter was innocent,” Dina said. “I am just so happy this is over with.”

[From Radar Online]

When Dina talks, this is what she’s really saying. Lindsay is innocent, she is sober, we are famous celebrities. Give us free cake and jewelry and don’t you dare tell us we can’t have it or we’ll hit you and call the cops on you. We’re the Lohans, only we’re not using that name anymore since our dad is even more of an embarrassment than we are. You know us, we deserve whatever we want, and we deserve it now. Lindsay is a famous hardworking movie star who everyone is jealous of and out to get, including the shopowners, police department, gossip press, random commenters on the Internet, judges and prosecutors. You’ll see, she’s innocent and she’s sober and she’s going to go back to work and get an Oscar. We’ll be vindicated and then all the stores in the world will be open to us, waiting for us to come and take what’s ours.”

Lindsay is shown yesterday. Dina is shown on 3/13/11 out with Lindsay in New York. Look at the difference in Lindsay in just a couple of weeks.

3/13/11
fp_6967616_lohan_lindsay_aa

3/28/11
fp_7060660_lohan_lindsay_ex

fp_6968144_lohan_lindsay_aa

fp_7060579_lohan_lindsay_ex

Rihanna: “I like to be spanked. Being tied up is fun.”

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 07:17 AM PDT

rihanna12

Here's an even better-quality shot of Rihanna's assy Rolling Stone cover. You can really see the details on those fascinating metallic shorts! I still find them enchanting, by the way. And I don't care if you hate me! Anyway, Rolling Stone has released some excerpts from Rihanna's cover story, and she's talking about sex, of course. Probably because that's all that she's selling? No, that's not fair. This is actually one of the better interviews I've ever read with Rihanna. Yeah, she talks about sex and getting dick pictures (her comments on that are hilarious), but she also talks about her dad and she says something really interesting about Chris Brown. Here are the excerpts:

On S&M: “I like to take charge, but I love to be submissive. Being submissive in the bedroom is really fun. You get to be a little lady, to have somebody be macho and in charge of your s**t. That’s sexy to me. I work a lot, and I have to make a lot of executive decisions, so when it comes to being intimate, I like to feel like I’m somebody’s girl.”

She likes to be spanked: “I like to be spanked. Being tied up is fun. I like to keep it spontaneous. Sometimes whips and chains can be overly planned – you gotta stop, get the whip from the drawer downstairs. . . . I’d rather have him use his hands.” She goes on to recount a recent trip to a sex shop in Sydney called the Toolshed, where she left with two full bags of whips, blindfolds and dildos. The takeaway? “Don’t go to a sex store tipsy.”

Matt Kemp was her last lay? “I’m not dating,” she says. “I’m not sexing, I’m not even sexting. It’s on complete nil.” She says she hasn’t been with anyone since breaking up with Dodgers slugger Matt Kemp, which went down before the public found out in December, so it’s been at least four months since she got any action. “You think you’re disappointed?” she says. “Try being in this body.”

On Skype sex: “When you’re not with the person you want to be intimate with, a picture is the next best thing. Well, Skype is safer. But a picture lasts a long time. When you’re alone, and those horny moments come up, pictures can be very handy.”

On getting dick pictures: “I haven’t gotten a d*ck picture in a long time. I think people are a little afraid. It can turn out bad.”

On her name: Rihanna is actually her middle name. (It comes from the Arabic for “sweet basil.”) Her real name is Robyn, and that’s what most of her friends and family still call her. “I get kind of numb to hearing Rihanna, Rihanna, Rihanna,” she says. “When I hear Robyn, I pay attention.”

First kiss: When it came to boys, she was a late bloomer. “My first kiss was in high school, and it was the worst thing ever. He pretty much dumped his entire saliva glands into my mouth. It traumatized me. I didn’t kiss for, like, ever.”

On her father, and abuse: Rihanna says that if it weren’t for singing she might have been a psychologist, and she certainly has a deep sense of empathy. “I actually feel really bad for my father,” she says. He was abused too – he got beat up by his stepdad when he was young. He has resentment toward women, because he felt like his mom never protected him, and unfortunately, my mother was the victim of that. I’m not giving him excuses. Right is right and wrong is wrong. I still blame him. But I understand the source.”

On being a masochist: “I do think I’m a bit of a masochist,” she says this evening. “It’s not something I’m proud of, and it’s not something I noticed until recently. I think it’s common for people who witness abuse in their household. They can never smell how beautiful a rose is unless they get pricked by a thorn.” She thinks it explains her attraction to tattoos (14 and counting, including a skull with a pink hair bow on her left Achilles, a pistol on her right rib cage and the words Never a Failure, Always a Lesson on her collarbone), as well as her “love-hate relationship” with the media, and the fact that the darkest moments of her life are out there for public consumption. “When I think about it, I really do take some pleasure in the negativity,” she says. “I don’t want to say turned on by it – but I’m turned on by it.”

Having her guard up: In the months that followed [the assault], Rihanna says, “I put my guard up so hard. I didn’t want people to see me cry. I didn’t want people to feel bad for me. It was a very vulnerable time in my life, and I refused to let that be the image. I wanted them to see me as, ‘I’m fine, I’m tough.’ I put that up until it felt real.”

On Chris Brown: “We don’t have to talk again ever in my life. I just didn’t want to make it more difficult for him professionally. What he did to me was a personal thing – it had nothing to do with his career. Saying he has to be a hundred feet away from me, he can’t perform at awards shows – that definitely made it difficult for him. That was the only thing it was going to change, so I didn’t care. But you can never please people. One minute I’m being too hard, and the next minute I’m a fool because I’m not being hard enough.”

Extras: She’s trying to learn Italian – she got Rosetta Stone for Christmas – but right now, her foreign-language vocabulary consists mostly of swear words. She loves Jonah Hill and Michael Cera (although she calls them “the fat guy” and “the other guy”), and she says cheerfully that she’s trying to appreciate her body while she can, because she knows “butt and tits” are the first to go.

Metal & needing it to be even: “I hate the sound of metal on metal. And if something isn’t even, it weirds me out – like if my girlfriend hits me on the right side of my butt, it feels numb on the left.” She cracks her knuckles. She’s a compulsive boob-grabber. She’s seen the movie Due Date literally eight times this week.

She loves SNAPPED! She loves going to the grocery store and cooking for herself; enjoys a nice chardonnay at the end of the day; forgoes weed (or at least claims to); and has a killer story about getting blackout drunk on bathtub moonshine while on vacation in Mexico. She digs true-crime reality shows like Beyond Scared Straight and Snapped (”about women who snap”), and she says the last book she read was called Mafia Princess. She’s also chronically late and doesn’t have a driver’s license, but otherwise is as down-to-earth and un-diva-like as anyone with 1,500 pairs of shoes can be.

[From Rolling Stone]

I find her statement about Chris fascinating: "What he did to me was a personal thing – it had nothing to do with his career. Saying he has to be a hundred feet away from me, he can’t perform at awards shows – that definitely made it difficult for him… But you can never please people. One minute I’m being too hard, and the next minute I’m a fool because I’m not being hard enough.” It's interesting that she shows concern for his career, and she doesn't want to be seen as damaging his career. What Rihanna doesn't realize - or maybe she just doesn't want to be the one to say it - is that his PRIVATE actions affected his career when everything was played out publicly. Of course, Chris has revealed himself to be a violent sociopath who smashes things like faces and windows, and people tend to view that kind of behavior as "unprofessional".

rihanna22

rihanna31

Photos courtesy of Rolling Stone.

Sandra Bullock out with adorable Louis, helps promote her sister’s book

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 06:47 AM PDT

fp_7065048_bullock_sandra_a
Here are some new photos of Sandra Bullock outside her NY apartment, where she’s filming Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. At first I thought that Sandra was staging some photo ops to help counteract all the dumb sh*t her ex husband continues to do publicly, particularly put out a memoir. (I hope she had a strict nondisclosure agree in her divorce decree, although she probably continued to trust him and is getting burned yet again by his selfish behavior.) Now it seems clear to me that the paparazzi lay in wait for her and will hound her no matter what she does, so she may as well take advantage of it. She’s not freaking out or scowling and they’re probably shouting at her infant son, so that takes some admirable self control.

Sandra was seen heading out with Louis, going to the gym and then going out with her sister, baker Gesine Bullock-Prado. Sandra even held her sister’s book, Sugar Baby, probably as a kind of favor to help promote it. We’ve had a few paparazzi photos of celebrities with books lately and it seems like a recent trend. It’s almost quaint now that so many people are reading books on Kindles and iPads.

Sandra’s sister Gesine made an appearance on the Today Show today, Wednesday, to promote the new cookbook. (At least she announced she would on Facebook. I haven’t been able to find the video of her segment yet.) The last I heard of her she was running a bakery in Vermont. She also might help run a couple of restaurants that Sandra owns in Austin, Texas, Bess Bistro and Walton’s Fancy and Staple. (She has a bunch of dessert recipes on her website, Confessions of a Master Baker, that made me very hungry.) So I’ll give Sandra props for helping her sister get the word out about her book. By just carrying it to the car she may have earned her more publicity than the Today Show could.

fp_7065753_bullocksandra_ou

fp_7065747_bullocksandra_ou

fp_7065056_bullock_sandra_i

fp_7065049_bullock_sandra_a

fp_7066003_bullocksandra_ou

Blake Lively is too cheap & down-market to represent Chanel, critics say

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 06:45 AM PDT

blake1

As we all know by now, Blake Lively's is the latest enhanced rack of Chanel. Blake currently fronts the campaign for Chanel handbags, and her first Chanel ad was photographed by The Kaiser himself, Karl Lagerfeld. Blake even got to go to Paris and be the woman of honor (tits of honor) at several Chanel events. It's a big deal. But there are some mutterings that perhaps this plastic American (mall) girl who couldn't act her way out of a paper bag is perhaps the wrong "face" of the famous French brand. Oh noes! According to The Mail and NYDN, there are "internal grumblings" within Chanel (specifically, Chanel's American branch) that Blake is "off-brand". Which is a fancy way of calling her cheap. For real.

Karl Lagerfeld called her the ‘American dream girl’, but apparently not everyone at Chanel is as enamoured with Blake Lively as the label’s head designer.

According to reports today, the fashion label’s office in Miss Lively’s native U.S. is less than impressed that the Gossip Girl star has been chosen to represent its Mademoiselle handbag line.

A source told the New York Daily News that there were ‘internal grumblings’ at the Chanel American headquarters.

They said that the star was considered ‘off-brand’ by some U.S. employees, which the paper translated as ‘the bitchy fashion industry’s clinical way of saying that Lively’s contemporary American beauty does not dovetail with Chanel USA’s efforts to sell its fashions as the height of European sophistication.’

The suggestion was quickly dismissed by Chanel’s U.S. press office, which remained full of praise for the actress.

A spokeswoman said: ‘Blake’s spontaneity and fresh youthful image have convinced Chanel that she is the right person to represent the house and this range of bags.’

But the rumoured criticism echoes comments made to Miss Lively herself, when she admitted that she had been waiting for an opportunity from the French fashion powerhouse.

‘I had other opportunities and I would say, “Thank you so much, but I am holding out for Chanel,”‘ she told the New York Times. "’That's who I want to be the face of.”

‘And people would say, “Well, that's unrealistic, they only hire Europeans,” and I said: “Well, how great. I'll be the first then.”‘

But the Daily News’s source claimed that Chanel ‘would literally fire anyone who admits’ they are not happy with Miss Lively as a spokesmodel.

Miss Lively was named the face of the Chanel Mademoiselle handbag line in January after she was introduced to Mr Lagerfeld by U.S. Vogue editor Anna Wintour. The campaign image, shot by Mr Lagerfeld himself, appeared in glossy magazines for the first time this month. It shows the 23-year-old leaning against a wall of mirrored panels allowing for a reflection of both her and her glossy red bag. It is both moodier and more colourful than past campaigns for the collection - Lily Allen’s playful 2008 version was shot in black-and-white.

Mr Lagerfeld, 77, told reporters that the shoot for the ad, which took place at Chanel's Rue Cambon HQ, 'was an easy job because everyone fell in love with her'.

Miss Lively herself was also thrilled about the appointment she said at the time: 'How did Cinderella feel when she slipped on the glass slipper? How did Snow White feel when she met her Prince Charming? A dream come true is an understatement. I can say that I feel like the happiest, luckiest girl around.’

The actress joins an illustrious cast of Chanel ‘faces’ - among them Vanessa Paradis, Audrey Tatou, Keira Knightley and Georgia May Jagger.

The label’s current womenswear campaign stars model-of-the-moment Freja Beha, while its catwalk shows are a roll-call of the industry’s hottest faces, including Lindsey Wixson, Anja Rubik and Karolina Kurkova.

[From The Daily Mail]

While I do think that it's nice to have a "fashion girl" out there who genuinely seems interested, engaged and happy to be apart of the fashionable crowd, I also think Blake's critics have a point. It's great to have a happy, blonde, all-American girl representing a famous brand, and at this point, Blake is "new" and "different" from other fashion girls. But there is something cheap, something down-market, something "off brand" about her representing Chanel. Is it the fake tatas? Is it the fact that she just looks like a mall girl, one of millions you could find at any American mall? Is it the fact that for a "fashion girl" she really doesn't know much about fashion? Is it because she can't ever be covered up, and she always has to show off her boobs, her legs, her vagina drapes? Ugh.

blake2

blake4

Photos courtesy of Google, WENN, Fame.

Prince Harry talks to ‘Today Show’ while his royal bollocks freeze off

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 06:10 AM PDT

fp_7064642_barm_princeharry_expidition_00_05

As I mentioned the other day (in the links), Prince Harry has joined an expedition to the North Pole. It's all about raising money for a wounded veterans charity, so the ginger balls are freezing for a good cause. This morning, I was pleased to see that Harry had given a short little interview to the Today Show as he and his men were about to take off - they're actually "training" for their North Pole trek right now, and they're somewhere in Longyearbyen, on the Norwegian island of Spitsbergen. The video is interesting, just because Harry actually does seem a little concerned for his safety, but he's making the effort to put on a brave face. Plus, he's got a great voice.

Visit msnbc.com for breaking news, world news, and news about the economy

I hope Harry's royal bollocks don't freeze off. Is that the appropriate use of "bollocks"? But seriously, this is a big deal isn't it? The third in line to the crown, trekking to the North Pole with a bunch of wounded veterans. Good for Harry!

These are all photos of Harry training on that island, by the way.

fp_7064643_barm_princeharry_expidition_01_05

fp_7064645_barm_princeharry_expidition_03_05

fp_7064646_barm_princeharry_expidition_04_05

harry11

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Chris Brown on DWTS, lots of lip syncing, no smashing yet (videos)

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 05:52 AM PDT

fp_6999832_brown_chris_ini_
Chris Brown still performed two songs on Dancing with The Stars last night (videos below) even after he smashed up a window at Good Morning America, acted like a petty bitch and made lame excuses when he got called out for it. It’s clear that ABC cares more about ratings than about sending a message that they don’t tolerate domestic violence. They gave Brown a invaluable platform to promote his album, and he ate it up like he was the second coming of Michael Jackson. It was all very obviously lip synced, like painfully so, but he put on an otherwise decent performance and the kid can dance. It’s a shame he’s a violent unrepentant felon and that he’s still being given a forum to perform.

Not everyone at Dancing with the Stars agreed with the decision to have Chris on. Both host Tom Bergeron and professional dancer Cheryl Burke expressed their misgivings about allowing a convicted abuser to perform on the show. E!’s Awful Truth reports this news, along with the inside information that ABC was trying to stage an interview between Brown and the woman he choked nearly unconscious, threatened to kill and left for dead. (Read the police report if you dispute this).

And now that ABC has basically swept the whole dressing room freak-out under the rug in order to protect Brown for his stint tonight on Dancing With the Stars, the network seems to be sending him the message that his dangerous 'tude is A-OK.

Newsflash, it’s not. Cheryl Burke obviously thinks so.

“As a victim of domestic violence, I don’t agree with him coming on the show, but it’s out of my control,” the DWTS pro dished to Extra.

But ABC’s not going to say that—or agree with it. Puh-leeze, especially with a TV performance that is about to reel in some massive ratings at stake!

Brown is set to perform two songs tonight, but he might have to introduce himself for obvious reasons.

Dancing With the Stars host Tom Bergeron asked show producers to keep him as far away from Brown as possible during his guest number on the hit dancing competition.

Bergeron dished to Ryan Seacrest: “I did tell the producers it may be to their advantage to not have me interview him.”

Great idea since not only would it be really awkward, but you never know when that fuse will burst. We hope Tom disapproves of the show’s decision to honor C.B.’s invitation after that dressing-room tirade as much as Burke does!

It’s too bad the tight-knit ABC family isn’t registering Brown’s anger levels as dangerous red flags. He seemed about to Hulk out of his cut-off jean vest during that GMA interview, and now ABC’s willing to risk a potential freak-out repeat (we all know it’s only a matter of time until the next one) by having him on its airwaves again.

Also, even though the network denies it, we have been assured by reliable ABC sources that mission numero uno—as far as its Brown coverage goes—would be to facilitate a “sitdown” between Chris and Rihanna.

Reps for Brown and Rihanna still have not said if their clients would ever be interested in such a public spectacle, which, of course, is exactly what it would be, as ABC well knows.

The guy beat his girlfriend to a pulp for Christ’s sake! That’s not something ABC, or any member of Team Breezy, should be proud of endorsing or putting on air.

[From E! Online]

At least Bergeron and Burke spoke out against this guy. I get that he has the top R&B single but that doesn’t mean he gets a pass after throwing a chair through a window and ripping his shirt off for being asked some questions he preapproved about nearly killing his famous girlfriend. He shows a clear lack of remorse and in no way deserves this chance. That’s how it works, though, and ratings trump even a small amount of morals and common sense every time. They even want to sit Rihanna down with the guy who smashed her face into a car window and choked her repeatedly. If Chris was just some stranger who attacked Rihanna he would be in jail now and not on television enjoying a comeback.

Oh and here’s a life size Hulk figure that Chris has in his house. He tweeted about this in September, 2009. Seems fitting, right?

Videos via The Hollywood Gossip. Header photo from 3/18/11. Credit: Fame

fp_6999830_brown_chris_ini_

Enrique Iglesias pulls out of just-announced tour with Britney Spears

Posted: 30 Mar 2011 05:43 AM PDT

britneyenrique
Whenever I hear the name Enrique Iglesias I get that “Tonight I’m f’ing you” song stuck in my head on a loop and picture greasy guys like The Situation and Pauley D picking up women with big hair at a club. (Inglesias does say “here’s the Situation,” so the guy inevitably comes to mind.) So I don’t really think of Enrique Iglesias as an “artist” or someone who wouldn’t benefit from hitching his name to a bigger star. He seems to think he can do fine on his own, though, and made a statement last night that the joint tour that Britney Spears just announced with him wasn’t happening.

Update: Enrique just released this statement, confirming he WON’T be touring with Britney.

“Unfortunately, Enrique Iglesias and Britney Spears will not be touring together,” his rep said. “Despite initial reports based on formal discussions of the possible run, Enrique will continue on his solo tour in support of his new album EUPHORIA. Enrique has great respect for Britney and is a longtime fan of her work. He is very sorry for the confusion this might have caused to anyone.”


The Britney Spears and Enrique Iglesias tour is over even before it began, after the hunky star pulled out just hours after they announced the joint venture, RadarOnline.com has learned.

The tour was made public on Tuesday, moments before Spears shook her stuff for a much talked about performance on Good Morning America.

But it appears that the Spanish hunk no longer wants to pair up with the pop princess and has since cancelled.

Live Nation is promoting the show and sent out a media advisory stating: “Enrique Iglesias is no longer on this tour.”

No further explanation was given, but Billboard is reporting that he ducked out because he doesn’t want to be an opening act for anyone.

“Plans called for Iglesias, who is currently on tour in Europe, to be much more than a standard opening act; he was slated to carry full production on the Spears tour,” Billboard reported. “While two such high-profile artists with top-shelf production values was sure to be attractive to fans, such an endeavor is also very expensive to produce.”

[From Radar Online]

So what happened? Did Enrique see the hilariously bad “performance” that Britney gave on Good Morning America? She was kind of teetering around the stage, moving her arms and lip syncing but that’s what she did on her entire Circus tour from what I remember so it isn’t new. He probably realized he was better off not being associated with Britney or relying on her in any way. I bet his people cooked up that joint tour idea and he was on board with it until he saw her perform and realized what he was getting into. It’s possible that it was some business decision as they’re claiming, but that seems like a convenient excuse to me.

TMZ is reporting that Enrique didn’t want to be opening act for anyone, but I bet he didn’t want to be second biller to Britney.

fp_7069032_spears_britney_f

fp_7068586_spears_britney_f

fp_7068589_spears_britney_f

fp_7069176_spears_britney_f

wenn3265612

Photos are of Britney performing last night on Jimmy Kimmel credit: Fame and of Enrique performing on 3/25 in London and 3/28 in Holland. Credit: WENN.com

No comments:

Post a Comment