Thursday, March 24, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Eva Longoria is really trying to make this Penelope Cruz connection happen

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 08:58 AM PDT

wenn5625909

I have enjoyed several parts of Eva Longoria's relationship with Eduardo Cruz, the younger brother of Penelope Cruz. One part of enjoyment comes from Eva's blatant hypocrisy and mixed media messaging when talking about her divorce from Tony Parker. She's trying to milk the divorce for all of the public sympathy that she can get, and she's being really, really obvious about it. At the same time, she's pushing her "new" relationship with Eduardo to any paparazzo who will snap their photo. Also: the relationship began long before the "official" line - there were photos of Eduardo at Eva house just weeks after Eva and Tony split. But I digress.

My absolute favorite part of Eva's Eduardo drama is how Eva is trying to sidle up to Eduardo's Oscar-winning, A-list sister, Penelope. The Enquirer had a story a few weeks ago about how Penelope hates Eva's guts and thinks that Eva is a famewhoring B-lister who should get her cougar claws out of Penelope's baby brother. And now, a new chapter. Us Weekly has yet another "Eva is moving on, she's got a new man!" story, and this week's twist is that Eva's people are leaking the story that she and Penelope get along really, really well. Riiight.

Look who's rebounding!

"I'm moving on," Eva Longoria tells Hot Stuff. "Life is great!"

Indeed, a source says Eva has been "blossoming" with boyfriend of two months Eduardo Cruz.

"With Tony, she used to feel pressure to learn French and deal with his crazy mother. Now she's in a family where she feels comfortable."

Adding to her bliss? Longoria already has the approval of her beau's bid sister.

"At first, Eva was unsure if Penelope would like her," adds the source. "but now they embrace each other. She just met Penelope's baby!"

[From Us Weekly, print edition]

Seriously, I'm not one for gratuitous catfights, but I would seriously pay good money to see Penelope take care of this famewhore once and for all. Penelope can throw down. "But Eva is scrappy," you say. NO! Penelope is going to cut a bitch, especially now that Eva has taken to famewhoring the baby!!! It's not just about Penelope and Eva now. Eva crossed a line.

wenn5615881

wenn3256931

fp_6837539_cruz_penelope_fpinf_24_35

wenn5625903

Photos courtesy of WENN & Fame.

Billy Ray Cyrus backtracks from his ‘Hannah Montana destroyed my family’ interview

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 08:46 AM PDT

wenn2390075


We’ve heard that Miley Cyrus’ parents have called off their divorce, with Miley’s dad Billy Ray “The Mullet” Cyrus saying on The View that he wants “to put my family back together.” Miley’s mom Tish has also put up a statement on her Facebook page about how happy she is to be reunited with The Mullet, writing “Our family weathered a huge storm and I feel we are stronger than we have ever been!” All of this comes after an interview The Mullet gave to GQ last month in which he very candidly talked about the fact that Miley’s fast track in the business was difficult for him and said point blank that Hanna Montana “destroyed my family.” He also talked about money issues to GQ, and said he was pulling in $15k a week playing his daughter’s dad on Hannah Montana vs. “the millions that they make,” adding that “everybody else was going to the bank.”

Well the Mullet has since reigned it in. He canceled some interviews after he said all that to GQ and now he’s going on the apology tour. He was on Good Morning America today, where he tried to backtrack and make nice. He also said that it was wrong of him to try and be Miley’s friend first and that he could have been a better dad. I thought that was pretty thoughtful of him, but this interview probably came after some serious pressure from Disney and his wife.

On how he was out of sorts when he gave that interview
I did that interview with GQ two weeks before Christmas…in the midst of a divorce, separated from my family. It was a mess. Surrounded in darkness. GQ, the writer, photographer showed up. And I kind of learned this, that doing an interview when you’re mad, is a whole lot like going to the grocery store when you’re hungry. It’s not a real good idea.”

Kissing Disney’s ass
I love my family more than anything in the world. My family extends out into the Disney family. I love the company. I love what they stand for.

On whether he’s backtracking
As far as convincing anybody of anything, I don’t have to do that. I just want to put my family back together.

On if Miley was upset with him after reading the article
I think we were all upset with me. It wasn’t good. What I meant to say and what I hope I said was, fame, the pressures of fame … fame can be a dangerous animal. And it’s a delicate thing. It’s funny. You know, when you get in this industry and … you strike so hard for that moment. But, fame is dangerous.

On if there are people in Miley’s life that don’t have her best interests at heart
Most of all Miley has a great heart. She’s very intelligent and she will make good choices

On when he was a friend instead of a dad
I look back on it and I know that I did kind of approach being a dad as a friend. I know that I could have done some things different… My kids need a dad and I can promise them that I’ll come back in and do the very best that I can do. I may be persecuted for saying it, but I still want to be Miley’s friend. I want to be the person that she comes to talk to. I just want her to trust and know that I love her more than life itself and I’ll be by her side for the good and bad. I’ll do my best to be a dad.

[From GMA, quotes online and from video above]

That’s really nice. You could tell that he took his time to get his head on straight before coming back and apologizing, and that he was well versed in what he wanted to say. He never mentioned his wife Tish at all and wanting to have a loving relationship with her, it was all about his “family” and his daughter, Miley. I get that Miley is the famous one and that all the focus is on her, but it seems like Billy Ray and Tish are getting back together for the sake of their kids, and not necessarily out of a deep commitment and love to each other. If Tish cheated with Brent Michaels as rumored I guess I don’t blame Billy Ray for not talking about her much.

Here are Billy Ray and Tish in June. They’re shown with their kids Trace, Brandi and Noah in March. Header image from March, 2009. Credit: WENN.com

wenn5494981

wenn2788313

wenn2390350

Alex Pettyfer is still a douche, shows up 2 hours late for a photo shoot

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 08:28 AM PDT

wenn3252454

Ever since I finally figured out who Alex Pettyfer is, I've been inundated with tabloid stories about what a massive douche he is. Most of the stories come from Us Weekly, which indicates to me that Alex must have done something to piss off the editors at some point. Either that, or Us Weekly just has very Dianna Agron-heavy sources. I think The Hollywood Reporter got the call rolling when they profiled Alex's rise to douchedom, but everything went a little crazy right after Alex and Dianna split up. Suddenly, it was okay to insinuate that Alex was and is a stalker, predator, psycho and maybe even a pyromaniac. It also became okay to openly discuss how Alex's drama is unwanted in Hollywood. So, you would assume that Alex has been off somewhere, licking his wounds, right? Not so much, according to Us Weekly. They had this little report in this week's issue:

Beastly star Alex Pettyfer won't be losing that rough reputation any time soon. The Brit, 20 - who had a meltdown at a club February 18 after he split from Dianna Agron, 24 - showed up to a recent magazine photo shoot two hours late!

He said, "For the cover, I would have been on time," reveals an insider. Says the actor's rep: "Absolute nonsense."

[From Us Weekly, print edition]

Yeah. His people denied all of those other reports too, but the sheer volume of detailed reporting regarding his dram queen antics have made me a believer. So, I believe this story. This happened. And Alex still doesn't get that he's completely replaceable.

wenn3252433

wenn3252447

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Camilla Parker Bowles: Kate Middleton “is a lovely girl”

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 08:04 AM PDT

wenn1923691

In an ideal world, Kate Middleton and Camilla Parker-Bowles (otherwise known as HRH The Duchess of Cornwall) would realize how much they had in common and simply get along. However, the tabloids love controversies, so there have been endless stories about Camilla and Kate fighting, Camilla being judgy about the wedding dress, Camilla pulling rank, and Kate whining about Camilla to William. Probably none of it is true. And now Camilla is making an effort to talk up Our Little Waity! Aw…

She has taken Kate Middleton to lunch and accompanied the bride-to-be to the ballet. Now, Camilla, the Duchess of Cornwall, has given Kate a very public thumbs-up.

“Kate’s a lovely girl,” Camilla, 63, said Wednesday during a visit to Covent Garden Academy of Flowers in London. Of Middleton’s joining the family, Camilla said, “We’re very lucky. I’m very much looking forward to the wedding.”

She also spoke about the role her granddaughter, Eliza Lopes, 3, will play come wedding day April 29 – as a bridesmaid.

“She’s only 3, and it will be quite nerve-wracking for a little one. But she will enjoy it,” said Camilla – who also made it apparent that her mind is on the upcoming big event.

While making a table decoration with some of the flowers, she also quipped to the students. “If I could do a few more of these, we could save money on the wedding.”

[From People]

Oh, nice little aside about the flowers. Maybe that story about Camilla trying to get Waity to cheap out on the wedding is true.

Another thing - it just occurred to me that Camilla is reinforcing Kate’s current “commoner” status by using the name “Kate”. All of the official releases from the Buckingham Palace and St. James Palace use “Catherine”. Camilla is going rogue (and perhaps being bitchy) by using the commoner address of “Kate”.

But seriously, why aren't the tabloids comparing Kate to Camilla instead of Diana? Kate has way more in common with Camilla. Kate is slightly older than William - just like Camilla is with Charles. Camilla waited and waited and doted on Charles, just like Kate did with William. Both Kate and Camilla wore the "royal girlfriend/mistress" tag for years and years before getting the ring. And both William and Charles chose women that they hoped would not overshadow them. Basically, Camilla and Kate should get along really well.

wenn5626792

wenn3109156

wenn5599028

wenn1923679

wenn1923674

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Chris Brown apologizes: “I just wanted to release the anger that I had inside me”

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 07:17 AM PDT

wenn3261424

Yesterday, Chris Brown made an appearance on BET's 106 & Park, and he "apologized" for his violent freakout on GMA Tuesday morning. Chris actually went into detail about the incident, not just giving a standard-issue apology. But, like with so much about Chris, his explanation and justifications only make the situation worse. This boy is a disaster, and he obviously surrounds himself with some of the worst public relations people in the world. Here's what he said and we'll talk about it afterwards:

Chris Brown “apologized to anyone he startled” after he presumably broke a window ABC’s New York City studios following Tuesday’s Good Morning America appearance, in which he was agitated after ABC’s Robin Roberts questioned him about the brutal beating he laid on his then-girlfriend Rihanna in 2009.

The Forever singer, appearing on BET’s 106 & Park on Wednesday, said he “had to blow off steam and let out the anger” after the appearance, in which he wanted to promote his new album F.A.M.E. — and not dwell on past events.

“First of all, I just wanna apologize to anybody who was startled in the office, anybody who was offended or really disappointed in my actions, because I was disappointed with the way I acted," Brown said Wednesday. “A lot of people don’t know what went down, and obviously when I do shows or when I do interviews, we always send out a talking point sheet. As the interview proceeded, it was kinda thrown off. I was thrown off by it. I felt like they told us this just so they could get us on the show so they can exploit me. So I took it very, very hard and I really kinda kept my composure throughout the whole interview, although you can see me upset, I kept my composure, I did my performance."

Brown continued, “And when I got back [stage] I just let off steam. I didn’t physically hurt anyone, I didn’t try to hurt anyone, I just wanted to release the anger that I had inside me because I felt that I worked so hard for this music and I felt like people kept just trying to take it away from me. So yes, I got very emotional, and I wanna apologize for acting like that.”

The 21-year old singer also implored his fans not to send any negative messages to Roberts, saying, "Do not send any threats, anything like that, I’ve been hearing things on Twitter — we need to take a stand and focus on the more positive things in life.”

[From Radar]

First: he was "thrown off" because he was asked questions that his people and GMA producers had agreed on beforehand. Ridiculous. And even if Chris didn't technically and explicitly know that he was going to be asked about the Rihanna incident, it doesn't bode well if this is how he acts when something doesn't go his way. He throws a violent hissy fit, a tantrum in which there is destruction of property. AT BEST.

Second: "I just wanted to release the anger that I had inside me because I felt that I worked so hard for this music and I felt like people kept just trying to take it away from me." What's really scary is that I believe that Chris is being 100% honest right here. This is his mindset - these are the thoughts that go through his head, these are the justifications he gives himself. He gets angry and smashes something, and we should forgive him because he didn't hurt anyone THIS TIME. And we shouldn't bring up the Rihanna beating ever again because it's obvious that he's dealt with his anger issues properly, right? Because Chris knows that when someone isn't focusing on what he wants them to focus on - THE MUSIC - he smashes things. Like windows. Like faces. And we should forgive him because he that's just how he "releases" his anger. It's his process.

Also part of his process? Celebrating his great week by grinding on a stripper at his record release party. Ugh.

In case you're feeling sick to your stomach after this story, I suggest you go here to Videogum and read their excellent open letter to ABC News/GMA. They take ABC to task for not pressing charges against Chris and for "indulging and encouraging" Chris's behavior. It's a great read.

fp_7023432_brown_chris_cjny_39_48

fp_7023438_brown_chris_cjny_45_48

fp_7023437_brown_chris_cjny_44_48

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

Life & Style: Katie Holmes treats Suri like an adult, lets Suri party until 1 a.m.

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 07:15 AM PDT

lands1

Life & Style's cover story this week is sure to be introduced into evidence when Suri Cruise goes on trial for beating her father to death with his high heels. I'm actually not too put-off by this cover, mostly because I too have been wondering what Katie and Suri were up to, and I'm not even a judgment-filled mother. For the past few weeks, Katie and Suri have been in NYC, with no Tom Cruise. So when daddy's away, the Xenu will play, and Katie and Suri have had some late nights out on the town. Literally, Katie brings Suri out for late-night Broadway shows and dinner at 1 am. I'm not a huge fan of saying that a child is going to be irreparably damaged by a late night or even a binkie at the age of 4, but there does seem to be a disturbing pattern of Katie's lack of parenting skills:

Father usually knows best — but not in this case, in-laws believe. Life & Style has learned that Katie Holmes' Midwestern parents are concerned about the effects that Tom Cruise's religion, Scientology, are having on their 4-year-old granddaughter, Suri.

Scientologists treat kids like adults, "independent individuals capable of making their own decisions," Scientology expert Rick Ross tells Life & Style.

After seeing a tired Suri out for 1 a.m. dinners, playing with penis-shaped candies and still being allowed to use a pacifier, Martin and Kathleen Holmes, "are really upset," an insider tells Life & Style, with the lack of boundaries Tom and Katie are setting for their little daughter. "They're very worried that Tom isn't letting Suri enjoy the childhood she deserves because of his Scientology beliefs."

The practice has already taken a toll on poor Suri, says a second insider. "She often throws temper tantrums when she's out with Katie and Tom," the insider says. An eyewitness tells Life & Style that during a late-night trip to Serendipity in NYC on March 15, Katie and a nanny couldn't get Suri into her car seat. "As always, Suri won and didn't have to sit in her car seat," says the witness.

While experts disagree about many aspects of child-rearing, they're unanimous on one thing: Parents should never give in to a child when it comes to car seats. According to New York state law, children Suri's age must use a booster seat at minimum.

"Kids are not little adults," child psychologist Vicki Panaccione tells Life & Style. "Their reasoning abilities, nervous systems, decision-making processes and moral judgment are just not up to adult development."

[From Life & Style]

Also, on that night when Suri was at Serendipity until 1 am, eyewitnesses say that Suri was "cranky" and rubbing her eyes. And Suri got to check out Daniel Radcliffe in How To Succeed In Business. Oh, and she "reads" Vanity Fair! Excellent.

In case you're about to run to Suri and Katie's defense, Life & Style spoke to Katie at the event for hair dye on Tuesday night, and Katie seems to be saying that she’s cool with us talking about her:

After a whirlwind week that had the media buzzing about Katie Holmes and Tom Cruise daughter Suri's 1 a.m. dinners, playing with penis-shaped candies and still being allowed to use a pacifier, Katie finally speaks out.

When approached at the John Frieda Precision Foam Colour event last night in NYC, actress and mom Katie responded “no” when asked if she was tired of her parenting being critiqued. She added, “Suri is doing great, thank you.”

[From Life & Style]

Yeah, it's not a sit-down interview and Katie probably misheard the question. But still! Katie says it's okay to talk about her mothering skills, so have it.

wenn56243091

wenn3251770

fp_6986216_holmes_katie_cwny_09_091

fp_6978019_cruise_suri_cwny_02_04

Cover courtesy of Life & Style, additional pics by WENN & Fame.

Tiger Woods’ new girlfriend used to draw pictures as a kid for then-adult Tiger

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 06:50 AM PDT

fp_6986762_woods_tiger_cjny
Tiger Woods has a new 22 year-old girlfriend that’s the daughter of one of his agents or something. I was going to report about this when I saw that it was one of the top stories on Huffpo, but I questioned whether anyone would really care. The guy is a serial cheater who is trying to make some sort of long-overdue weak media tour after that huge scandal last year, and maybe part of that is rolling out a new girlfriend. She’s really young and probably impressionable, and Tiger needs to seem like he didn’t go back to immediately banging hookers and strippers. It turns out that this girl’s dad lives right next to Tiger in Windemere, Florida, and that when she was a little girl she used to draw him good luck pictures. Ew. Tiger is currently 35, so 35 and 22 isn’t that big of an age difference, but if he knew her as a little girl it seems creepy.

From childhood fan to girlfriend! Tiger Woods’ new squeeze, 22 year-old grad student Alyse Lahti Johnston, used to make crayon drawings for Woods, 35, when she was a child, a friend tells Hot Stuff [US Weekly]. Johnston - whose stepdad lives next door to Woods in Windemere, Florida (and serves as an executive at the pro golfer’s sports management company, IMG) “would draw good luck pictures for Tiger before his tournaments,” her pal Stephen Burack tells Hot Stuff… “They had photos in their house of their family with Tiger and other athletes. But Alyse never said she was interested in him!” Things turned romantic recently, adds another pal: “They started dating around New Year’s Eve after seeing each other at one of her dad’s functions.”

[From US Weekly, print edition, April 4, 2011]

After I read that the girl was Tiger’s neighbor I remembered a story in the National Enquirer that had a full interview with a neighbor girl who was a college student when Tiger seduced her. (And cheated on his then wife Elin, natch.) The news came out well after the dozen plus mistresses crawled out of the woodwork so it didn’t get a lot of press. The thing is, this was a different neighbor’s daughter coed, named Raychel Coudriet. The Enquirer reported that she was a neighbor in Orlando, FL not Windemere. At least he waited until they were of age, right?

tigerwoodsgirlfriend

fp_6986761_woods_tiger_cjny

Is Matthew Bellamy screwing around on pregnant Kate Hudson?

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 06:36 AM PDT

wenn3191694

This week's In Touch Weekly (via Jezebel) has a story about poor, pregnant Kate Hudson and how she's been "betrayed" by her baby-daddy, Matthew Bellamy. According to a source, Bellamy hooked up with a "young, sweet, college girl" during a party at the Hollywood Hills mansion he shares with his band. The source claims that Bellamy and this chick started flirting, and then they "disappeared" into a private room and didn't come out until the next day. ITW also notes that Bellamy has a history of cheating - apparently, his past three relationships have ended because of his wandering eye/dong. Unfortunately for ITW readers, Gossip Cop has a "solid source" who claims that Kate and Matt are fine:

"Kate Hudson: PREGNANT & BETRAYED" declares a headline from In Touch, which claims Hudson's baby daddy Matt Bellamy is cheating on her.

According to a supposed "insider" for the the tabloid, Bellamy was spotted flirting with a "young, sweet college girl" at a recent party thrown by Bellamy and his Muse bandmates.

"She and Matthew were very one-on-one with each other, holding hands and kissing," says the alleged insider, adding that his schmoozy behavior with her "wasn't unusual."

The mag then goes on to portray Bellamy as a philandering party animal.

So, is Hudson setting herself up for more hurt?

Nope.

The expecting couple, who are currently shopping for a place in L.A., are perfectly happy together and looking forward to their addition, says a solid source.

Actually, the only ones "betrayed" here are In Touch's readers, who have to stomach false rumors of infidelity when Hudson's about to have a baby.

[From Gossip Cop]

Yeah. I don't care for a pissing contest based on who has the better unnamed sources. While I might buy that Kate and Matt are doing fine - there are photos of them house-hunting in Malibu, and they genuinely seem to adore each other - the idea that Bellamy is screwing around isn't that off-side. He is in a band. And where's the unnamed source who will dispute Bellamy's history of screwing around on girlfriends?

Two more minor stories - ITW also claims that Bellamy doesn't want their baby to be "born out of wedlock" and he keeps proposing to Kate, and she keeps refusing. But, Kate did get her lawyers to draw up a custody agreement for the baby in case she and Matt split up. Smart.

Also - Kate recently did an interview where she discussed how she's a girl's girl. Some quotes: "I always feel like you have to watch out for a girl who has no girlfriends. It's weird if she doesn't have any. It means they don't like women and how can you not love women? We're really powerful when we get a group of us together! I've never had that problem [of fighting with girlfriends over men] but I've heard about it. I've had friends who had real fallings-out over boys but I usually choose women over men. I'm definitely a girl's girl. I've got a group of about six girlfriends and we're really close." Do you believe her? I think Kate has fought other girls plenty of times. Like that sweet college girl who Bellamy fooled around with.

wenn3184868

wenn3182375

wenn3191691

Photos courtesy of WENN.

‘Sucker Punch’ premiere is a parade of B-list fugness

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 06:07 AM PDT

sucker_punch_01_wenn3262799

Now for the photos of all of the girls at the Sucker Punch premiere (the Hamm Dong photos are HERE). The red carpet was a litany of "WHO?!?" and "Why are they all dressed like pageant girls?" First off, the star of this little ensemble, Emily Browning. She's the blonde chick in the film, but for the red carpet, she wore red hair and black lipstick. Because it's 1995. Also, she was one of the few ladies who wore cocktail length in this Erdem, so good for her.

Next up, Vanessa Hudgens in Jenny Packham. It would have looked interesting on another girl, at a different event. But on V-Hud, at a premiere in which she's the fourth lead, it's too much and too pageanty.

sucker_punch_05_wenn3262803

Emma Roberts isn't in the film, she just showed up for the premiere. I honestly think she was one of the best-dressed at the premiere too. Cute pants, cute top = great premiere-wear.

sucker_punch_05_wenn3262861

Malin Akerman isn't in the movie either, but any excuse to throw on a gown, I suppose. Why is she trying to out-pageant the stars of the movie?

sucker_punch_06_wenn3262862

Jena Malone is my pick for worst-dressed at the event. This outfit is just tragic. Something is going on with her face too. Sigh… at least she's actually in the movie, though.

sucker_punch_09_wenn3262825

I think Carla Gugino is so, so pretty. I actually like this dress on her too, but I think it would have been so much cuter on a premiere red carpet if it was tea-length or knee-length.

sucker_punch_16_wenn3262832

Abbie Cornish in Amanda Wakeley…zzz….zzz…..

sucker_punch_18_wenn3262834

Diane Lane, why are you there? And why are you wearing this tangerine fugness?

sucker_punch_39_wenn3262895

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Jon Hamm at the ‘Sucker Punch’ premiere: too scruffy or Hamm Dongtastic?

Posted: 24 Mar 2011 05:42 AM PDT

wenn3263287

Last night was the big premiere of Sucker Punch, that girl-power film that I suppose is supposed to be, like, the girly version of 300. I keep seeing ads for it, and I personally think it looks really, really bad. I can't believe that a major, big-budget, CGI-heavy film was given the greenlight with this totally budget cast. But I digress… I kept thinking bad, horrible things about this film until I realized that Jon Hamm has a small part in it. While I doubt that the shining, glittery Hamm Dong can save the day, it's always nice to see him get movie work, and it's always great to see him on the red carpet.

Yeah… so these are just photos of Our Beloved Hamm Dong, and the woman who gets to experience the Hamm Dong every goddamn day, Jennifer Westfeldt. She should put that on business cards: "Jennifer Westfeldt, Operating the Hamm Dong since 1999." Bitch! But seriously, I love when The Hamm styles himself like this - the scruff, the glasses, the bulge. I love him. Unfortunately, the MPAA doesn’t love the bulge - there was a sex scene in the film between The Hamm and the “star” Emily Browning, and the MPAA made them cut it. So… yeah, this film is going to suck.

P.S. Stay tuned for the photos of the "stars" of Sucker Punch at the premiere. Preview: every single one of them over-dressed, and I have no idea who many of them are.

sucker_punch_20_wenn3262836

sucker_punch_19_wenn3262835

wenn3263277

Photos courtesy of WENN.

No comments:

Post a Comment