Saturday, March 26, 2011

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


Nick Cannon Tweets He May Faint In The Delivery Room With Mariah + Swizz Beatz And Alicia Keys' Bowling Date

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 09:13 AM PDT

As the due date approaches, Daddy-to-be Nick Cannon is freaking out and pretty nervous about the delivery room situation.  Read his funny tweets inside and get the deets on Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz date night at a bowling alley.

 

When it comes to watching Mariah Carey give birth to their twins, Nick Cannon might not be able to make it through.  He recently told his Twitter followers.....

"I am probably going to faint in the delivery room! I need to man up!"

Then he said,

"Or maybe I should say WOMAN UP since they are the ones that have to be the strongest in the whole ordeal! I am in awe of my wife!"

But Nick has nothing to worry about as he is getting advice from his fans. 

"People listening are trying to give me advice for when that day comes. I'm trying to prepare but I get queasy in hospitals LOL."

I don't think you have anything to worry about Nick.  Just hold MiMi's hand through this process.  I'm sure it won't be as scary as you think.

 

 

And over in Brooklyn....

Alicia Keys and Swizz Beatz had date night over at Brooklyn Bowl.  SIDEBAR:  It seems like bowling alleys are becoming the hot spot like skating rinks back in the day.  

Sources tell Page Six that Alicia wore 7-inch Christian Louboutins, but of course, she swapped them for bowling shoes. After their game ended, the couple partied at ?uestlove's weekly "Bowl Train" also at Brooklyn Bowl.  Swizz even jumped in the DJ booth with ?uest.  Sounds like a fun night. 

CANDIDS II: Brandy Plays Tennis With A Pro + Bria Murphy Hits The Nail Salon + LaLa Vazquez, Kim Kardashian And Angela Simmons At The Knicks Game

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 08:29 AM PDT

We have another roundup of candids for you.  This one features Brandy getting her swerve on, Bria Murphy getting a manicure and LaLa and Kim K. at the Knicks game....

Brandy was spotted playing tennis at the Sony Ericsson Open in Key Biscayne, FL yesterday. 

She hit the court with WTA professional Jelena Jankovic.

And she signed the giant tennis balls of her fans.

 

 

And in Beverly Hills...

Dark & Lovely model Bria Murphy was spotted leaving the nail salon.

Looks like she got her nails painted pink.

 

And in New York City....

 

LaLa Vazquez and Kim Kardashian were cheered by fans as they walked across the court at the Milwaukee Bucks Vs New York Knicks Game yesterday at Madison Square Garden.

They posed for a few self pics while sitting courtside.

Then they pulled in Angela Simmons to pose with them too.  Pretty girls and their cameras..... 

 

Photos via Splash News/William Nikon/LE/Roshan PereraWireImage/Devaney

CANDIDS: Beyonce Added To "Songs For Japan" Relief Effort + Halle Berry And Nahla Go Shopping

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 07:50 AM PDT

Beyonce has been added to the long list of celebrities contributing tracks to Songs For Japan.  We have pics of her walking to her car inside plus candids of Halle Berry and Nahla.

Beyonce was spotted walking to her car in NYC recently.  

She will be lending her song “Irreplaceable” to the Songs For Japan double album to benefit the Japanese Red Cross Society.

 

 

And on the west coast...

Halle Berry was spotted out shopping at Bristol Farms in Beverly Hills with daughter Nahla.

I wonder if Nahla notices that people are always gawking at her mother.

Ahhh....so cute.

 

 

Photos via INFdaily/Elder Ordonez/GSI Media

 

Star Jones Talks "Celebrity Apprentice," Calls NeNe Leakes "Unladylike" & Promotes New Book On "The Wendy Williams Show"

Posted: 26 Mar 2011 07:18 AM PDT

 

It's been a busy week for Star Jones.  The "Celebrity Apprentice" star stopped by "The Wendy Williams Show" yesterday to address her drama with NeNe Leakes, promote her new novel Satan's Sisters and raise awareness about heart disease.  Watch the video clip and get the deets inside...

 

With NeNe Leakes bashing Star Jones even moment she gets, it's about time we got a response from the Queen Bee herself.  During a stop by the "Wendy" show yesterday she told Wendy she will not be engaging in a public spat with NeNe.

"I am an educated African American woman I am not going to lower myself. Period. Bar none." 

She continued,

"Did I sleep with her and forget to call the next day?  Because I am starting to feel that way. Have you ever had an experience where someone talks about you again and again and again?"

Star also talked about the open heart surgery she had one year ago.  She has raised a lot of money for the American Heart Association both on "Celebrity Apprentice" and in her personal time.

Then she mentioned her new book Satan's Sisters,  which centers around five women and their tales of backstabbing and deception on their daily talkshow.  Sound familiar?

But...Wendy made sure to steer to conversation back to NeNe Leakes and her new friendship with Al Reynolds.  Star didn't want to go there but she did say she thinks their friendship is "miscellaneous" and that NeNe is unladylike.

Watch the segment here:

 

 

Solange And Ne-Yo Raise Money For Japan Through Fashion

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 03:01 PM PDT

While some celebs are using music to raise money for Japan earthquake victims, Ne-Yo and Solange are using fashion.  Find out what items the two singers are hawking for charity inside...

 

Solange Knowles and her talented son Julez have started a clothing company aimed at raising aid and relief money for Japan.  The company, Julez For Japan, features t-shirts designed by the talented six-year-old.

 

Check out Julez rocking one of his designs.

Then Mommy & Beyonce's stylist Ty Hunter got in on the action.

 

Here are some more of Julez's designs/masterpieces.  This is too cute.

 

Here's what Solange said on twitter about the designs, her son and how you can purchase the product.  You can almost feel her warmth when she talks about her talented kid:

 

And for his own Japan relief efforts, Ne-Yo is selling his own limited edition t-shirts here.

 

 

The t-shirts aren't anything spectacular but it's for a great cause and it's just good to see Solange and Ne-Yo taking time to do something for their fans in other parts of the world.

 

Are you going to purchase any of the shirts?

Bobbi Kristina Gets Her Own Reality Show!? + Michelle Obama To Speak At Spelman Commencement

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 12:35 PM PDT

 

 

Whitney and Bobby's daughter, Bobbi Kristina, may follow in Bobby's footsteps and star in a reality show of her own.  Get the deets inside plus see what lucky graduates will get to hear Michelle Obama this summer...

 

On the heels of "Being Bobby Brown," Bobbi Kristina tweeted that she is in talks to do a reality show.  And if she is anything like her parents, it will be must see tv.

Her tweet said,

“PS EVERYONE ! Guess what ?! _ we are currently in the process of meetings about starting my very OWN! RealityShow!!” 

Sigh....makes me wonder if opening herself up to the public is the best thing.  Especially since those pics of her allegedly snorting cocaine surfaced. 

But she seems to be excited about the attention tweeting,

“The world needs 2know me 4who I REALLY am_ U all will get 2see my everyday living_ walk with me thro startin my career. . EVERYTHING.  I would only want to do this reality show so THEWORLD can know me for me. The GodFearing_Young classy_outgoing_silly_ REAL women iAm.”

 

I don't think this is a good idea...but I'll be watching.

 

Michelle Obama, one of the most admired women in America, will deliver the commencement address at Spelman College this year.  

A White House source told theGrio.com, "In a personal address, the first lady will discuss her upbringing, and the significance of being part of the first generation in her family to graduate from college.  She will also encourage the graduates to continue to serve their communities, embrace the challenges ahead of them, and strive to fulfill their ambitious goals."

This is just one of many speeches Mrs. Obama will give this summer.  She is also expected to speak at the University of Northern Iowa, the U.S. Military Academy at West Point and to graduates of the Quantico Middle High School in Quantico, Virginia this June.

 

The Randomness

1.Ex-Detroit mayor Kwame Kilpatrick says he would lie about cheating on his wife to save his family.  Story.

RUMOR CONTROL: Chris Brown's Publicist Says Split Was Mutual...But We Hear She Was Fired!

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 10:49 AM PDT

Chris Brown's ex-publicist just issued a statement about her split with Chris and we have it for you.  Read the statement inside and get inside information that contradicts the statement....

 

Tammy Brook, who used to rep Chris Brown issued a statement to TMZ earlier today saying their split was mutual.  

"I am an entertainment/music publicist and was hired as a publicist, as they often are, to work specifically on his music publicity for the term up to the release of Chris Brown's F.A.M.E. album, which was released on Tuesday March 22 and is entering the Billboard and iTunes charts at number 1 this week. I love and support Chris and it has been an honor to be a part of this album and I look forward to the possibility of working with him again in the future."

 

But an insider tells TheYBF.com that Tammy's statement is false. 

Our insider says Chris fired Tammy because he wasn't happy with her work and "GMA" was the final straw.  In fact, Chris had already hired Tammy's replacement before the "GMA" incident.

 

We will keep you posted.....

 

 

Tyler Perry Accepts A "Non-Tyler Perry Film" Role + Teedra Moses Signs With Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group?!

Posted: 25 Mar 2011 08:51 AM PDT

Like the late great Lucille Ball, Tyler Perry usually makes sure his name is attached with whatever project he's involved in like "Tyler Perry Presents..." but he's briefly stepped away from his own projects to star in someone else's film.  Get the deets on Tyler's new gig inside plus find out which rapper just signed Teedra Moses to his label....

 

At first it was a rumor, but now superstar producer Tyler Perry is confirmed to star in I, Alex Cross based on the novel written by James Patterson.  In the film, produced by the movie studio Summit, Tyler will portray the detective-psychologist in a rare major role that isn't one of his own projects.

After the premiere of his film, Madea's Big Happy Family, Tyler will begin work on I, Alex Cross with director Rob Cohen.  As we told you earlier, Tyler replaced Idris Elba in the film.  

Congrats on your new role Tyler!

 

And in music news....

Teedra Moses has joined Rick Ross' Maybach Music Group.  The R&B starlet hinted at the move in a recent interview with Vibe.com but it was confirmed today when Teedra changed her official twitter bio to "Maybach Group soulstar!"  

See highlights from her Vibe.com interview here:

 

Tell me what’s been going over the last few years. A lot of people have been asking, ‘Where’s Teedra?’

I’m sure people know at this point that TVT--the record label that I was signed to--they went bankrupt in 2008. Before 2008, I’d come to the decision that TVT was the place I wanted to be at any longer. If there was some way we could have successfully moved forward, I would’ve tried, but the whole battery behind that machine, the whole energy that made that thing come together and move wasn’t there anymore. I lost a lot of money with lawyers trying to get off that label, and if I would’ve known it was just gonna fall apart, I wouldn't have wasted my money. But I got through that and then, I just had to take a second to just figure out how I was going to continue doing this. I didn’t want to run directly to a new label ‘cause I just needed to figure out what I wanted, just what I was doing period.

You stayed relevant in your own way though because you kept doing live shows and releasing mixtapes.

Yeah, I started doing way more shows around that time, and I think a lot of the biggest promotion for my album came around that time. I started grinding so much more and more people had become aware of me. I continued to put out mixtapes, you know. The Young Hustla was the first mixtape I put out before my album came out because I was frustrated waiting for TVT to put out my album. Then after my album came out, I was frustrated waiting to get the opportunity to put out a second album, and I hit the road. I did a live mixtape, Live From The Jungle. Then I didn’t have any way to put out an album because I didn’t have a label, so I put out Lionhearted. Basically, it was all songs that were sitting here and I gave them to the people. In 2010, I put out my last mixtape called Royal Patience, and that was just something for fans of the music.

Each mixtape had a purpose- Lionhearted was when I was really scared, so I had to be courageous and Royal Patience was more of me holding onto to my faith. Be patient. You have talent, people want to hear from you, keep going, just be patient.

Do you think TVT going bankrupt was more of a blessing for you than anything?

Ooh yes! Have you ever been in a bad relationship and you’re just sitting there and you know this shit is dead wrong but you can’t find the gumption to get out of it? In this situation with TVT, I had all the gumption in the world. I love Steve Gottlieb, and I mean that because he gave me the opportunity to give my music to the world, but dude was not letting go of nothing. He had people in his label that were inactive for 10 years! He didn’t care. He wasn’t going to let me go, so it was a huge blessing.

What was the reason for the discord? They weren’t pushing your music and not trying to let you out of your contract?

We just didn’t agree. I remember having a meeting with the marketing person after Complex Simplicity came out. I recall sitting with him and him saying, ‘Well, you know, Complex Simplicity didn’t really have any singles.’ And I was like, ‘Word?’ [Laughs] I remember being on the road for the album and the album not being available in stores, so there were a lot of things that happened. They just didn’t know what they were doing, nor did I. Bottom line.

Now that you’re an independent artist, do you want that major label machine behind you again?
I do want a label, and I'm talking with people. I've had a label before so you can't get me with the lure of 'Oh, we gon' sign you!' That don't mean shit to me, you know? [Laughs] That don't mean nothing because if you don't believe then that don't mean nothing. The number one thing with me is do you get it?

I had this experience: The night of my birthday. We went out, we had drinks, me and my friends. We went to this little lounge place that I go to here in Miami. I came home, and I'm just having this really good birthday…and going into this birthday I never felt so strong. I never felt so boss! I just really felt like the lioness to the truest form, like nothing could mess with me. I'm coming home, it's like 4 o'clock in the morning and I just hop on Twitter. I never check my DM's because I don't really talk to people on the DM's, but I look at my DM's and I see that Rick Ross hits me and was like, "Who you signed to? I doing this company…" blah blah blah. I'm like cool! He likes my music and that always makes you feel good when your peers acknowledge that you're good too. From that point on, we kinda start talking. He lives down here in Miami too, so I start going over there and catch the vibe with him. He hustles really, really hard, so whenever he was in town, I would go over there and check him out and do tracks and just vibe.

When was this?

He hit me in December; we started communicating in January. And you know, I really like them. I like the fact that he's an artist that understands what I'm doing. He always says, 'You my Anita Baker.' Like, he understands what I'm doing. Not saying that I'm Anita Baker, but that's kinda the way I wanted to do it. I want somebody to say, 'Hey, this girl is hustling. She does her thing. Why is nobody signing her?' I never wanted to go to them and beg. So… we're talking and I really rock with them. I'm considering that very strongly, as he is considering it very strongly.

Wow. So Maybach Music could be the new home for you?

I believe so. Yeah. I like the way they move, and I like the hunger over, and I like that it's all about work. As much as Rick talks about the glitz and glamour or whatever, he goes hard and he works hard, so I rock with that. And that's what I do. I work hard, I rock shows, I touch the people and I try to make good music. I'm not really into the hoopla.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment