Sunday, May 29, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Watch: The Red Band Trailer For The US Version Of ‘The Girl With The Dragon Tattoo’ Leaks Online

Posted: 28 May 2011 02:12 PM PDT

A red band movie trailer for the US version of The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo, directed by David Fincher and starring Rooney Mara & Daniel Craig, is currently showing in theaters in Europe but has yet to be released here in the US. A bootleg version of the trailer has made its way online and it is a MUST SEE for Dragon Tattoo and Nine Inch Nails fans alike. The trailer features a Nine Inch Nails cover of the Led Zeppelin song Immigrant Song with vocals by Karen O. of the Yeah Yeah Yeahs. Check out this amazing red band trailer for Dragon Tattoo below.


Holy shizz … this film looks amazing. I know that fans of the original Swedish films may balk at a US version but, as I’ve said all along, David Fincher will do the films justice — I know it! With a soundtrack by Trent Reznor of NIN, it’s a can’t miss film! I love the original films and can recognize each and every scene featured in this new trailer … it looks good y’all. I don’t know how I’m gonna make it until Xmas to see this film but … yeah, I am excited!

[Source]

Blake Lively & Leonardo DiCaprio Caught In The Walk Of Shame?

Posted: 28 May 2011 01:14 PM PDT

Earlier this month we learned that Leonardo DiCaprio and Bar Refaeli ended their relationship … and then just days later we started hearing that Leo was hooking up with Gossip Girl star Blake Lively in France. The couple have been spotted in one another’s company but nothing really seemed to show anything really suspicious … until now. Yesterday morning, Leo and Blake both tried to sneak out of the same hotel in France from different exits … lookin’ very much like they were each making the infamous “walk of shame”. Blake had mussy bed head and Leo had his hat pulled down way over his eyes. Oh yeah, they are SO doing it.


After the couple were spotted hugging on a boat, they were unseen … until these photos of their sneaky exit from Saint-Paul de Vence the morning after. I suppose it is in the realm of possibility that the pair were just playing cards or Scrabble or something but … HMMMM … what do YOU think?

[Photo credit: INFdaily]

Movie Review: ‘The Hangover Part II’

Posted: 28 May 2011 12:48 PM PDT

Yesterday afternoon, David and I made our way to the ArcLight Theater in Hollywood, CA to catch an early showing of The Hangover Part II. Because I had an important concert to attend last night, I wanted to see the film before the weekend took hold and I missed seeing it altogether. Going into seeing this movie, I honestly wasn’t expecting very much. Everything I heard was that Part II was pretty much exactly like the original film … but set in Bangkok. I have to say, there really wasn’t anything new in the sequel that made it any better … but if you enjoyed The Hangover, chances are you will also enjoy The Hangover Part II.


I have to say … the movie was only incidentally funny. Someone gets hurt — laugh. Someone get’s a face tattoo — laugh. The monkey does something funny — laugh. But all the written jokes fell totally flat. The entire theater we were in was mostly silent for most of the film. I, personally, didn’t find many of the jokes funny but I didn’t hate the film. You deffo know what you’re in for before you even step foot in the theater … on that account, the movie does not disappoint. I guess I was expecting some change in the formula in this sequel to make it more interesting … but it was pretty much the same exact movie all over again … right down to the photo montage at the end with the credits. Was I entertained? Yes, mildly. Did I hate the film? Not really. Is it a great movie? I can’t say that it is … but, again, I think most people will know if they will like the film before they even seen the film. If you think you will enjoy The Hangover Part II, then you prolly will. If you think you won’t, you won’t.

Did any of y’all see The Hangover Part II yet? What did YOU think?

The Beginning Of The End

Posted: 28 May 2011 12:04 PM PDT

Last night I attended my 12th show of Prince‘s 21 Night Stand concert residency here in LA which, I have learned, is coming to an end this weekend. Apparently, the 21 Nite Stand refers to 21 performances … not 21 actual nights of shows. It was revealed yesterday that this weekend’s shows — Friday, Saturday and Sunday — will be the final shows … so that made last night’s performance a bit more special.


I have to say, Prince seemed to exhibit a new kind of energy in last night’s show … he turned on the sexy made the crowd go wild with the flipping open of his shirt. The setlist got switched up a bit, much to the crowd’s glee. Here is the setlist from last night’s show:

Samples Set:

When Doves Cry (In full)
Nasty Girl
Sign O’ the Times
Alphabet Street
Forever In My Life
Darling Nikki
Hot Thing
I Would Die 4 U

D.M.S.R.
Pop Life
Musicology
Prince & the Band
Shhhhh
U Will Be With Me

Instrumental Interlude

Take Me With U
Anotherloverholeinyourhead (With Rock Lobster guitar riff)
Peach
Cool
Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough
Let’s Work
U Got The Look
Make U Feel My Love
Purple Rain

Encore 1:

A Love Bizarre (Duet with Nikka Costa)
Controversy

Encore 2:

Disco Heat
Baby I’m A Star
Kiss

Encore 3:

Nothing Compares 2 U (Duet with Shelby J.)

I can’t even believe it but … as soon as I learned that this weekend’s shows will be the last I immediately got unreasonably and inexplicably bummed out. Trust me, I know how lucky we Los Angelinos are that we got about a month of Prince shows to attend in various venues — and I am really grateful for that — but I’ve oddly become accustomed to weekly Prince shows. Lord, I’m gonna go into mourning after Sunday night’s final show … I just know it ;)

Tonight, I go back for my 13th show with my friend Josh so I’m really looking forward to that :) I hope your long Memorial Day weekend is off to a great start … have a hot dog for me, y’all!!

Les News, 052811

Posted: 28 May 2011 11:41 AM PDT

Watch: ‘The Muppets’ Movie Releases A Second Movie Trailer

Posted: 28 May 2011 10:50 AM PDT

At the start of this week, we got to check out the first video trailer for the upcoming new Muppets movie, which stars Jason Segel and Amy Adams and the entire Muppets cast. Today we get to check out the second trailer for the film, which appears to be inspired by the trailer for The Hangover Part II. In The Hangover, we follow the adventures of the Wolf Pack. In The Muppets movie, we get the Fuzzy Pack.


This is a very cute trailer … tho, I’m not sure about the nod to the Hangover … but still cute. The Muppets won’t be released until Thanksgiving but we’ll prolly see a bit more from the film in the coming months. Can’t wait!!

[Source]

‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2′ Releases A Neville Longbottom Poster

Posted: 28 May 2011 10:22 AM PDT

Yesterday I posted the newly released Lord Voldemort poster (after posting the Harry Potter, Hermione Granger and Ron Weasley posters previously) from the upcoming FINAL Harry Potter film The Deathly Hallows – Part 2. A few Pink readers alerted me to the fact that a very cool Neville Longbottom poster was also released so I gotta make sure to share it with all y’all. Check it out below.


Neville is a man in this poster, y’all. You know, so much is made about how much Harry Potter grew up over the course of his time in the book/film series … but no one really talks about how much Neville Longbottom grew up. IMHO, it is his growth that is most impressive. He was never the star of anything and, yet, he became an integral character in the story. Neville rules, and that is all. This is a great poster. I can’t wait to see him in action when The Deathly Hallows – Part 2 hits theaters in July.

[Source]

Lindsay Lohan ‘Suffers’ House Arrest In The Lap Of Luxury

Posted: 28 May 2011 09:49 AM PDT

Earlier this week we learned that troubled trainwreck starlet Lindsay Lohan surrendered to the court to begin serving house arrest after being convicted of misdemeanor jewelry theft earlier this month. Today, courtesy of TMZ, we get to see just how much Lindsay is suffering thru her punishment. L. Lo must remain in her home with an electronic monitoring bracelet affixed to her ankle … which, judging by the photos below, looks like pure torture.

With an electronic monitoring bracelet strapped around her ankle, Lindsay Lohan served her second day under house arrest suffering on her roof … in the warm California sun. Lohan is currently shacked up at her swanky townhouse in Venice, CA — where, from her roof, she can totally see the ocean. Lindsay — who’s being punished for allegedly stealing a necklace — is only expected to serve around 35 total days of hard time … glorious, relaxing, court-ordered hard time.

Ladies and gentlemen, celebrity justice … Hollywood style. I can’t even deal. You may recall that it’s been quite a few months since Lindsay was forced to wear an electronic ankle bracelet … not since she had to wear a court-ordered alcohol monitoring SCRAM bracelet last Summer. This time, tho, Lindsay can’t show off her new accessory all over town … just all over her luxury beach apartment. Oh yeah, I’m certain she is going t learn her lesson this time around.

[Source]

‘Dexter’ Season 6 Releases A Teaser Promo Video

Posted: 28 May 2011 09:22 AM PDT

Yesterday we got to see the first photos of current co-stars (and ex-marrieds) Michael C. Hall and Jennifer Carpenter on the SoCal set of Dexter and today we get to see a teaser video trailer for the upcoming 6th season. Now, if you’re a fan of Dexter then you’ve prolly seen the previous 5 seasons of the show … but according to this new teaser trailer, you ain’t seen nothin’ yet. This Fall, all Hell breaks loose.


Okay, yes, this teaser doesn’t feature any new footage (how could it, season 6 filming just started this week) but it does remind us how AMAZING Dexter is … and it promises that the new season will be … even better? We will have to see about that … but one thing I know for sure, Dexter season 6 will not disappoint. It’s gonna be a long Summer waiting for the new season of Dexter :/

[Source]

Happy 43rd Birthday, Kylie Minogue

Posted: 28 May 2011 08:51 AM PDT

Much, much love goes out to the goddess Kylie Minogue today … because she is celebrating her 43rd year of life today … which, really, is a gift to all of us. As you may know, Kylie just completed her Aphrodite Live 2011 tour of North America after performing across Europe on her Les Folies 2011 Tour earlier this year … she is on her way to Australia where she will tour next … but first, a few days off to celebrate her birthday today :D


I have been a Kylie Minogue fan since her debut album Kylie was released here in the US back in 1988. I wore that tape out, not knowing that I would spend the next 23 years loving her music. I’ve been fortunate enough to see Kylie in concert both here and in Europe, on very small and very large stages … which is a blessing, I can assure you. Here’s to countless more birthdays to come … let’s send her all our love today! Happy Birthday, Kylie!!

No comments:

Post a Comment