Sunday, September 5, 2010

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Britney Spears & Jason Trawick Say Goodbye To The Beaches Of Hawaii

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 10:40 AM PDT

The end is near for Britney Spears and Jason Trawick, y’all. No, I’m not talking about their relationship — romantically, they are doing just fine. I’m actually referring to the end of their 2 week Hawaiian vacation. As you should be well aware by now, Britwick have been holidaying on the island of Maui, HI at the Grand Wailea Resort for the past couple of weeks … but the time is drawing ever near for the couple to return to the mainland. Here are a few photos of Britney and Jason having the time of their lives together as they frolicked and played in the ocean one last time yesterday afternoon:


Again, Britney‘s hot bod is wrapped in another supercute bikini and, thankfully, Jason finally found himself a semi-decent pair of board shorts to wear. As bummed as I am (and I’m sure as are they) that their Hawaiian holiday is coming to a close, I think I’m ready for Britney to get back to SoCal so she can get back to work on her new album! If she is gonna release her new album by year’s end (like I’m hoping and praying she will), she’s gotta get back to work! Still, I’m glad she took a couple of weeks to enjoy paradise in Hawaii with her hot man. I bet this trip was quite a rejuvenating one for our dear Britney … after all, you can tell just by the big smile on her face :D

[Photo credit: Splash News]

Chuck E. Cheese, A Fun Bloodbath & BFF Birthday Lurve

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 10:28 AM PDT

Yesterday was a bizzy day for me here in my beloved Detroit … I was on the run pretty much all day long. After I finished up with work, I made my way out to Novi to do a bit of shopping at one of my old haunts Twelve Oaks Mall, where I found this totally kickass Diesel watch:


I know I’ve been in a CRAZY obsessed Swatch watch mood lately but I just couldn’t resist buying this watch. You can’t really tell but it’s a huge watch with lots of fun neon green accents. I love it!!

After my wee shopping excursion, I met up with Tracey, Zakiya and her BFF Toni at Chuck E. Cheese so that we could have a belated birthday party for Z’s recent birthday. Needless to say, a good time was had by all:


The girls had a blast, Tracey and I got to catch up … ’twas a very fun evening.

Last night, I came back to Sarah’s and we went out to see Machete. After the jump, find out what I think of the film …


Ever since I first saw the gory yet hilarious trailer for Machete back in May, I knew that I would love this film. Machete does not disappoint as the “Mexican Kill Bill“. It’s gory, funny, gory, political, gory and, well, gory … but in a fun, B-Movie way. Lindsay Lohan, as you may know, is in the film and is topless in 50% of her scenes … to be honest, she wasn’t great at delivering her lines but I don’t think she was cast because of how well she delivers her lines. Machete star Danny Trejo is one of the hardest working actors in Hollywood even if you don’t know it … it’s really very cool to see him starring as a leading man for once. I was also very impressed by Michelle Rodriguez … she looks fantastic in this film. Jessica Alba, well, her acting isn’t the best but she’s nekkid for a shower scene so … yeah. All in all, I loved Machete. The film may be about 30 mins. too long but it’s a good time, I loved every second of it.

And finally … I have to send out ALL MY BIRTHDAY LURVE to my dear best friend Sarah who is celebrating her birthday today:


I love her way too much to embarrass her on her birthday here on my blog … but I do want to publicly acknowledge her day and send her all my love. The gang here in Detroit are getting together for a birthday celebration tonight … it shall be fun.

I hope all y’all are having a fantastic Long Labor Day weeknd :) Enjoy!!

Les News, 090410

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 10:04 AM PDT

PITNB Readers, 090410

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 09:47 AM PDT

Here is this week’s batch of photos sent in by Pink is the new Blog readers — Christie sends in a beautiful photo of her BFF and new hubby Mr. and Mrs. Mainville on their wedding day a few weeks ago — Cathy from Livonia, MI sends in a supercute pic of her daughter Audrey (who we got to see on her first day of 1st Grade last year and her first day of Kindergarten in 2008) on her first day of 2nd Grade — Erin, who will be officially graduating next May with her PhD, sends in a photo of the dissertation that she wrote which includes a discussion of Pink is the new Blog! — Sabrina sends in a cute photo of her adorable baby boy posing with his beloved Buzz Lightyear doll — Nicolle sends in a photo of her pooch Riley who bears a striking resemblance to Chewbacca:


Much, MUCH love goes out to all y’all for sending in an especially exceptional batch of photos this week. Big Love goes out to Cathy for sending in a new photo of Audrey on another first day of school … I cannot believe it’s been 2 years since her first day of Kindergarten!!! MEGA LOVE goes out to Erin for sending in her dissertation photo … she and I spoke on the phone years ago when she interviewed me for her dissertation and now she’s a PhD graduate — much love and congrats. All my love to everyone else for their fun photos … congrats to the Mainvilles on their nuptials, smooches to Riley and OMG how cute is Sabrina‘s baby boy! Click HERE to watch the video Beat It Buzz Lightyear that shows her baby boy in action :)

Thank you all so much … these photos are fantastic, please keep them COMING!! xo

Watch: Eminem’s 2010 MTV Video Music Awards Promo

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 09:08 AM PDT

This weekend Eminem ROCKED THE HELL out of Detroit, MI with a little help from Jay-Z but next weekend Em will be in LA to attend the 2010 MTV Video Music Awards as a nominee (8 times) and performer. Right now we get our first look at the MTV-produced video promo that features the Real Slim Shady Eminem, seemingly back from the dead:

Tupac may lay claim to hip-hop resurrections, but Eminem’s brand-new 2010 MTV VMA promo video is clearly a resurrection too. In his dramatic promo spot, Eminem, wearing a blood-red jacket, spills out of a decidedly wrecked car onto a star on Hollywood’s Walk of Fame. The fallen star imagery is clear? The car explodes seconds later. Good thing Em got out. He pulls himself together, dusts himself off, and drags himself, limping and bruised, to what appears to be another Eminem. This is a hero’s story, and Eminem’s VMA promo is a metaphor for his musical journey and his personal one. He’s on his way back to himself, and the message here is clear: Eminem is unshakable and unstoppable. This is the fall and rise of Eminem. And speaking of heroes, Eminem is poised to be one of the heroes of the 2010 MTV VMAs, with 8 VMA nominations and a live performance that couldn’t possibly be anything but legendary.

Clearly this promo is meant to carry on the recovery theme of Eminem‘s stellar new album Recovery. While Em vowed never to perform again just a few short years ago, this video is meant to show that he is back … and in a big way. After the jump, check out the video promo in full …


I predict pretty big things for Eminem at this year’s VMAs. Everyone loves a comeback and when you’re talking about the comeback of arguably the best lyricist in the rap game, well … I think it’ll be easy for Em to walk away with more than 1 of his 8 nominations. I have been asked to attend the VMAs next weekend so I’ll be there to see if my prediction is correct.

[Source]

Ryan Kwanten Does Aussie ‘GQ Style’ Magazine

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 08:50 AM PDT

True Blood hotness Ryan Kwanten is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new supplemental magazine GQ Style which just launched down under in Australia. GQ Style is a supplement that comes packaged with GQ magazine and the first Aussie issue features the country’s own Kwanten. Here is our first look at Ryan‘s GQ Style cover and some excerpts from his coverstory interview:

True Blood star Ryan Kwanten is the cover face of the launch edition of GQ Style Australia. In an accompanying interview, the 33-year-old Aussie-born actor has told how he messed up an audition for Steven Spielberg after parking his pushbike in the director’s parking space. “I was running about five minutes late and there was nothing to tie my bike up to,” he explained. “So I found this sort of wooden stake and put my bike around it with this long bike chain. I went into the audition and sat down with the other guys. Two seconds later an assistant comes running in and says, ‘Does anyone ride a bicycle?’ And I’ve said, ‘Yeah, that’s me’. So he grabs me by the wrist and throws me outside. And there, sure enough, is Spielberg sitting in his big SUV. The wooden bar I tied my bike to had an S. Spielberg sign on it. Needless to say, I didn’t get that job and have never worked for Spielberg since.”

Awww … poor Ryan. Well, I guess it turns out that it was Spielberg‘s loss cuz look at little Ryan now ;) And, I have to say, despite the fully-clothedness of this cover photo, I am totally digging Ryan‘s smoldering steel gaze in this coverphoto … meow! After the jump, check out a few photos from Ryan‘s GQ Style photospread …


This man is just hot … what is it about Aussie men? It is very rare to find an unattractive Australian … and if you do see one, it usually turns out that they are a transplant from elsewhere. Ryan Kwanten is a fine representative of the country’s very fine specimen of man. GQ Style chose well by putting Ryan Kwanten on the inaugural issue of their publication.

[Source, Source]

‘Dancing With The Stars’ Season 11 Releases Contestant Promo Photos

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 08:36 AM PDT

Earlier this week we learned which “stars” had been signed on to compete in the upcoming 11th season of Dancing with the Stars and today we get to see some of those stars all paired up with their professional dancing partners in new promo photos released by ABC:

The new “Dancing with the Stars” pairs put on their best poses in the dancing costumes for the promotional photos of season 11. Bristol Palin had said before that she would wear the most conservative costume in the show’s history but the final result proved otherwise. “We did our title shoot today so I got all glammed up and stuff, but I’m definitely excited to wear all those,” the 19-year-old who is paired with Mark Ballas said in an interview with Us Magazine. “I know that mine will be the most conservative and I will be the most dressed. That’s because that’s how I am and that’s how I want to dress. But it’ll be good, all the rhinestones and spray tans, that will be fun.” Comparably, her black dress in the promo is decent looking from the front view, but it has this hidden thigh-high slit as well as wide open back. Still, the title of the sexiest-looking female contestant is held by Audrina Patridge who wears a red two-piece with glitter details. Not seen in the pictures are Karina Smirnoff and The Situation who can only match their schedules one week before the show starts. Smirnoff who admitted that she is nervous about the limited time said they would have around five days to practice before the premiere on September 20.

As I proclaimed before, my support lies with the fabulous Margaret Cho … but I also got mad love for Jennifer Grey (whom I just re-fell in love with in her ’84 film Red Dawn), Florence Henderson (who doesn’t love Carol Brady?) and Rick Fox (merely because he is Eliza Dushku‘s man). After the jump, check out the rest of the promo photos released of the new DWTS cast …


While I only have a casually passing interest in this ridiculous show, I might tune in once or twice to check in with my faves. Annually the show tends to irritate me to no end either by eliminating my fave contestants or by awarding the big prize to the wrong person … but this cast has quite a few of my faves so … we’ll see. What do y’all think of this season of DWTS? Is this a cast that will keep you watching week after week?

[Source]

Morrissey Calls The People Of China A ‘Subspecies’

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 08:13 AM PDT

Morrissey, singer/songwriter and very out-spoken animal rights advocate, has put the entire country of China on blast due to his personal beliefs about their stance on animal rights. According to Moz, the country’s uncaring attitude about animals makes them a “subspecies” of the human race!

Morrissey has described the Chinese people as a “subspecies” because of the nation’s track record of animal welfare. The former Smiths singer, an advocate of animal rights and a vegetarian, made the comment to the Guardian, describing the population’s attitude to animal rights as “horrific”. “Did you see the thing on the news about their treatment of animals and animal welfare?” he said. “Absolutely horrific. You can’t help but feel that the Chinese are a subspecies.” The singer also said that the writing process for his forthcoming autobiography is “almost concluded”. Last month Morrissey wrote a letter to The Times newspaper urging the Queen to stop British Army Guards wearing real fur.

Now, I can appreciate that Morrissey has strong beliefs about the rights and welfare of animals but I think it’s a bit shortsighted an only slightly outrageous to classify ALL the people of China as a “subspecies”. I get that he is trying to make a bold statement but to make such a scathing judgment on billions of people like this is a bit … silly. I love me some Moz but I wish he would tone down this sort of rhetoric a bit … especially if he is trying to affect positive change in the rights of animals. This kind of talk doesn’t just dilute his argument, it totally invalidates it.

[Source]

Victoria Beckham Joins Twitter

Posted: 04 Sep 2010 07:27 AM PDT

Her Poshness, the one and only Victoria Beckham has done the unthinkable, y’all … she’s gone and joined Twitter! That’s right, now we will be able to hear from Vicki B. herself. VB‘s first tweet alerted us to the fact that she has made her way to London, England for London Fashion Week. Here are VB‘s first tweets as well as photos of Vicki B. making her grand arrival at London Heathrow Airport this week:

Finally!! Leaving for UK tomorrow “Airport is my runway!!!” Can’t wait for fashion week! In love and light x VB / I’m so excited for #FNO on 9/10. I’m going to be on 3 of @bergdorf with my friend @aston20133. Great night in NYC! Great event! See u there! / So honoured to be nominated for designer brand of the year from the British Fashion Council!!!!in love and light x VB x / Hi ryan!thanks for the welcome!romeo had an amazing lazer tag party!!we had so much fun!in love and light,vb / @EvaLongoria Hi Eva!Thank u for the welcome!looking forward to seeing u tomorrow night!in love and light,vb xx

Okay, the “in love and light” bullshizz is gonna get old really quick if she plans on tacking it on to the end of every tweet she plans to send. Still, it is fascinating to image VB typing up these short missives on her BlackBerry for sharing with the world. Vicki B. also shared her first photo on Twitter — check it out after the jump …

Introducing Coco Beckham!check out the red nails!!in love and light,vb xxxx

Awww … it was very nice of VB to introduce us to Coco Beckham but she’s prolly not aware that we got to meet the pooch (with the pink nails) back in May of this year. Ah well, VB is still new at all this Twitter stuff. I’m actually very curious to see what else Victoria plans to share with us on her official Twitter profile … mebbe some intimate, sexy pics of hubby David Beckham? Sigh … hey, a boy can dream, right?

[Source, Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment