Thursday, September 30, 2010

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Will ‘The Social Network’ live up to the hype?

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 08:32 AM PDT

wenn3026643

These are photos from a screening of The Social Network last night. Justin Timberlake is in it! Except he's not the lead, Jesse Eisenberg is. Jesse's face got cut off in the photos, see? Yeah. That says it all. Timberlake is getting good notices from The Social Network, though, and there's even talk (don't laugh) about a possible Oscar nomination for JT. Would that happen? Really? Or is the studio just trying to create buzz?

That's my problem with this - I want to like The Social Network, and I do want to see it. But I want to see it because films like this don't get made anymore, and because I respect the pedigree of the people involved. David Fincher directed it - Aaron Sorkin wrote the screenplay. Jesse Eisenberg, a totally solid, underrated actor, gets a big starring role after years of supporting work in independent films. But all anyone is talking about is the dumb stuff, like whether Timberlake will get an Oscar nomination.

The critics universally adore the film though - it's scoring a 97% on Rotten Tomatoes, which makes it possibly the best-reviewed film of the year, even better than Inception. My favorite go-to critic Roger Ebert thinks it's wonderful - read his review here. At this point, I do see an Oscar campaign… for Best Picture, Best Director, Best Screenplay. But for Timberlake? Um.

So, will The Social Network live up to the hype and be regarded as one of the best films of the year?

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 29: Singer/actor Justin Timberlake and actor Jesse Eisenberg attend Columbia Pictures' and The Cinema Society's screening of 'The Social Network' at the School of Visual Arts Theater on September 29, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Stephen Lovekin/Getty Images)

NEW YORK - SEPTEMBER 24: (L-R) Jesse Eisenberg, Andrew Garfield and Justin Timberlake attend the after party for the premiere of 'The Social Network' during the 48th New York Film Festival at The Harvard Club on September 24, 2010 in New York City. (Photo by Andrew H. Walker/Getty Images)

Header: JT on Sept. 29, 2010. Credit: WENN.

Kiernan Shipka (Mad Men’s Sally Draper) is 10 years old & completely wonderful

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 07:57 AM PDT

Kiernan Shipka from Mad Men arrives at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 29, 2010.  UPI/Lori Shepler Photo via Newscom

Over the years as I've watched the beauty of Mad Men, I've noticed that they cast one of the finest child actors working today. Her name is Kiernan Shipka, and she's ten years old. She plays Sally "Salamander" Draper, Don and Betty Draper's oldest child. In this current season of Mad Men (Season 4), she's finally been bumped up to full cast member, with her name appearing on the opening credits and everything. Honestly, she deserved to be a full cast member the whole time - she's always acted her ass off. The Sally Draper character is wonderful, at times used as a Greek chorus to give voice to the audience, at times she's used to simply call out her mother and her father on their bad behavior. In this season, Sally is starting to grow up and act out - in one memorable episode, Sally even masturbated while watching The Man From U.N.C.L.E. While at a sleepover. She's in therapy now, she's losing her lisp, she's throwing fits, and she's running away, and she's going to come of age when some really bad sh-t is going down. She's wonderful.

Anyway, HuffPo has an interview with Kiernan, and she's just the kind of effortlessly precocious and intelligent young lady that you would expect:

The 10-year-old actress who plays Don and Betty Draper’s daughter Sally on “Mad Men” is getting a lot of airtime this season, but she’s not allowed to see much more than her own scenes.

“I’m not allowed to watch the show,” Kiernan Shipka says. “My mom will tape it and then show me the scenes she feels are appropriate.”

The critically acclaimed series stars Jon Hamm, January Jones and Elisabeth Moss and centers about a 1960s-era ad agency. Episodes routinely feature topics that include alcoholism, adultery and sexism in the workplace.

Even if she follows the story lines only on a need-to-know basis, Kiernan says it’s not difficult to channel Sally.

“I’m very method when I’m on set,” Kiernan says. “It’s just kind of thinking the thoughts of Sally, and I pretty much just become her. It’s a character that I’ve known for a really long time, so it’s pretty easy.”

It’s that kind of talent that has upped Kiernan to a full-time cast member on the show, which is on its fourth season. Its writers are giving her a lot to do, too: Sally’s parents are now divorced and she’s acting out.

Some of Sally’s most recent offenses include running away to see her father in New York City, chopping off her hair and fondling herself in front of a friend’s mother. Kiernan says Sally will bring more drama to the show in future episodes.

“Believe it or not, there’s a lot more coming,” Kiernan teases. “You’re just gonna have to wait and see what it is.”

Kiernan also defends Sally’s recent behavior.

“I don’t think she’s a bad kid at all. She’s going through a rough time. Don is absent and Betty has never once catered to Sally’s emotional needs, so I feel that they’re not the best parents,” Kiernan says.

[From Huffington Post]

Don't you love her? "Betty has never once catered to Sally’s emotional needs" - do you know any 10 year olds who talk like that? She's epic. I predict a long career for this one - at least I hope so. Because this one could truly be the second coming of Jodie Foster (suck it, Lohan).

Cast member Kiernan Shipka attends the premiere of the motion picture action comedy Cats & Dogs: The Revenge of Kitty Galore , at Grauman's Chinese Theatre in the Hollywood section of Los Angeles on July 25, 2010.  UPI/Jim Ruymen Photo via Newscom

LOS ANGELES - AUG 27: Kiernan Shipka arrives at the 2010 BAFTA Emmy Tea at Century Plaza Hotel on August 27, 2010 in Century City, CA Photo via Newscom

Aug. 29, 2010 - Hollywood, California, U.S. - I14939PR.The 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards - Press Room held at The Nokia Theatre, Los Angeles,California 08-29-2010. JANUARY JONES WITH ELISABETH MOSS Kiernan Shipka AND CHRISTINA HENDRICKS. © Red Carpet Pictures

The Karate Kid Premiere held at The Mann Village Theatre in Westwood, California on June 7th, 2010. Shipka Kiernan                                  Fame Pictures, Inc

Ryan Seacrest & Jennifer Lopez are already in a hilarious diva war

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 07:29 AM PDT

22 September 2010 - Inglewood, California - Jennifer Lopez and Ryan Seacrest. American Idol Season 10 Judges Panel Announcement held at The Forum. Photo Credit: Byron Purvis/AdMedia

Well, this was totally predictable. I mean that in two ways - it's completely predictable that Jennifer Lopez would immediately become engaged in some diva war (to the death!) with someone on American Idol, and it's totally predictable that we would hear about it. My personal opinion is that J.Lo just got the judging gig because while people don't see her movies, people do love to gossip about her, and Idol wanted some tabloid stories and added publicity. As for J.Lo's incessant diva feuding… well, I'm just glad that she and Ryan Seacrest are trying to take each other out so soon. This should get good.

Jennifer Lopez is already feuding with her new American Idol co-star, host Ryan Seacrest. According to an insider, now that she's reportedly signed a $12 million deal to be a judge, Jennifer, 41, and Ryan, 35, have begun a power struggle over everything from dressing rooms to which star gets top billing.

"Ryan was the one who first suggested Jennifer, but now he's starting to regret it, because she's acting like she's a much bigger star than he is," the insider says. "Ryan knows the diva behavior is likely to get worse before it gets better. Producers are trying to get them to make peace, but their egos are both pretty big."

J. Lo and fellow Idol newbie, Aerosmith front man Steven Tyler, have created a lot of buzz around a show that many critics say needs a big energy boost. Even fellow celebs are weighing in on the additions.

"I'm really excited for Jennifer to be on American Idol," Fergie recently said.

[From In Touch Weekly]

"She's acting like she's a much bigger star than he is." Isn't she? Jennifer Lopez was a big actress with a string of hit films, plus she's sold millions of albums, plus she's dated a bunch of famous dudes and she's a fashion and beauty icon for millions of women. La Seacrest is reality show hobgoblin, host and producer with a Napoleon complex. J.Lo is far superior, in my opinion. Take him down, J.Lo. Use your voodoo to make him shorter.

Ryan Seacrest unveiling The AMERICAN IDOL Season 10 judges held at The Forum in Inglewood, California on September 22nd, 2010. Jennifer Lopez                                             Fame Pictures, Inc

Ryan Seacrest unveiling The AMERICAN IDOL Season 10 judges held at The Forum in Inglewood, California on September 22nd, 2010. Jennifer Lopez                                             Fame Pictures, Inc

22 September 2010 - Inglewood, California - Jennifer Lopez and Ryan Seacrest. American Idol Season 10 Judges Panel Announcement held at The Forum. Photo Credit: Byron Purvis/AdMedia

INGLEWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 22: Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) and host Ryan Seacrest appear onstage at a press conference to officially announce the season 10 'American Idol' judges panel at The Forum on September 22, 2010 in Inglewood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

INGLEWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 22: Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) and host Ryan Seacrest appear onstage at a press conference to officially announce the season 10 'American Idol' judges panel at The Forum on September 22, 2010 in Inglewood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

INGLEWOOD, CA - SEPTEMBER 22: Singer Jennifer Lopez (L) and host Ryan Seacrest appear onstage at a press conference to officially announce the season 10 'American Idol' judges panel at The Forum on September 22, 2010 in Inglewood, California. (Photo by Kevin Winter/Getty Images)

Ryan Gosling can wear the hell out of some jeans

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 07:06 AM PDT

fp_5815890_gosling_ryan_vah_092910

These are new photos of our lover (I'm sharing!) Ryan Gosling on the set of his new film, Drive, in Los Angeles yesterday. He was eating an apple (cute!) and wearing the f-ck out of a pair of jeans and a tight blue shirt. My God… the costuming department needs some awards, stat! Thank you thank you thank you to whoever put Gosling in this ensemble. I know, it seems like we're on constant Bulge Watch over here (check out The Hamm's bulge earlier this week!), but in our defense, there are some good bulges going around. And there are so many sites devoted to bikinis and cleavage and upskirts and all. Bulge Watch just seems harmless and fun and like the girls can get something too.

As for the film, Drive seems somewhat Michael Bay-esque. I know, there's horrible to say. But here's the plot description: "A Hollywood stunt performer who moonlights as a wheelman discovers that a contract has been put on him after a heist gone wrong." So a dude is doing stunt driving all over LA (probably) as he runs for his life and beds babes, probably. The cast includes Gosling, Carey Mulligan, Christina Hendricks, Bryan Cranston, Albert Brooks and Ron Perlman. There's a potential for love scenes for Ryan with Hendricks and Mulligan, hopefully. Can I just say - Christina and Ryan's love scenes could be really, really hot. Fingers crossed.

fp_5815418_gosling_ryan_vah_092910

fp_5815417_gosling_ryan_vah_092910

fp_5815419_gosling_ryan_vah_092910

Ryan & Carey on Sept. 29, 2010. Credit: Fame.

Lea Michele: My teachers were too threatened by me to teach me anything

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 06:31 AM PDT

nov10-cover

We were just sent Lea Michele's cover shoot & interview excerpts for the November issue of Marie Claire UK. Oh. My. God. This chick is… crazy. I mean… I feel like a total bitch for criticizing her whenever I write about her, but my God, she really, really needs to take it down a notch. Just to do full-disclosure - I read about Lea's diva antics before I even saw Glee. I still haven't ever seen a full episode, but I get it. I get why people like the show. I get that Lea was typecast as the anal retentive tight-ass diva, probably because that's who she is in real life. And I really believe that as Glee continues to succeed, it's just going to get worse.

Okay - the Marie Claire slideshow is here, with some interview excepts. Here is what I've pulled out, and we'll discuss this once you're done. Take notes!

Lea on the pre-Glee days: ‘I was told by agents and casting directors I wasn’t right for TV,’ the self confessed Gleek says of her early days in the industry. ‘I didn’t feel that but I was told it and you believe it. I was always working on Broadway and auditioning for TV - things like Law & Order - but there was never anything’.

Lea is not a party girl: This gorgeous glee girl’s all grown up. But far from falling out of night clubs, there are no wild night’s out for the star. ‘These days I have one glass of wine and I’m completely gone,’ she says, sizzling in a Marchesa jacket and eye watering Givenchy heels. ‘I’ve never been a “Lets go out and have a cosmopolitan” kind of girl. I don’t even think I've ever tasted a cosmopolitan before.’ In fact, she's actually oh-so-grounded. 'This show would be a huge pressure on someone who wanted to rebel and who want to party, but I don't have those needs or wants,' she says. ‘I don’t smoke and I don’t do drugs,’ she says. ‘This show would be a huge pressure on someone who wanted to rebel and who wants to party, but I don’t have those needs or wants.’

Lea on her own beauty: Lea got glam in dazzling D&G as she posed for the snappers, stepping into some simple Louboutin heels to finish the look. And she definitely shone for the cameras. ‘Glee has made me feel beautiful. Now when people say that I don’t feel like they’re lying. Glee has shown me that I am beautiful, that I can be beautiful no matter what I look like, what my weight it is. I grew up in a community where what I looked like wasn't considered beautiful and then I work on this show that proves it doesn't matter what you look like, that you're beautiful and that beauty is on the inside… so, yeah, I'm thankful.’

Lea on her tattoos: And her secret vice? Tattoos. She has nine, each chronicling a significant milestone in her life. 'They're all tiny. I mean, you saw me in the shoot today, I was practically nude. Did you see any? No. I'm telling you, I have nine. All so, so, so little.'

Lea on how great Glee is: As a self-confessed Gleek, Lea's Glee's number one fan. 'What I love about our show is that it opens your eyes to a lot of things without being preachy,' she says.

Lea on how her teachers were jealous of her: But despite her early break, she went relatively unnoticed at school. 'My acting teacher and music teachers didn't really like me and they kind of ignored me. I think that they were threatened by the fact that I had worked before. Maybe it made them feel uncomfortable. I would have loved for them to have taught me but maybe they felt like they couldn't. They just ignored me and didn't really pay attention to me.' When asked how that made her feel, Lea says: 'Like they were stupid, that it was pretty silly of them. I'm on a show called Glee right now and I could sing their praises, but unfortunately I don't have anything to say.'

Lea on how she's not a diva: Despite Glee's international success, Lea's no diva. 'I feel very equal to my cast and I feel like I couldn't do what I do without them,' she says.

[From Marie Claire UK]

The two parts that immediately jumped out at me and had me rolling my eyes were the "I'm so gorgeous" part and the "my teachers were totally jealous of me" part. For goodness sake! Yes, the girl is cute, and yes, she's got a great voice. But she really thinks she's the second coming of Barbra Streisand, doesn't she? And while I think it's great that a young star - with her first blush of international stardom - is still level-headed and confident, Lea's blowing "confident" out of the water. She's treading into some very narcissistic waters, and a little humility never hurt anyone. Especially considering that while Glee is popular right now, I personally don't think it's going to still be on the air in two years. And yes, more people are probably tuning into NCIS, like me. Just my opinion. As for her teachers and how they were too jealous to teach her anything - get off the cross, Lea, people need the wood. It probably never occurred to her that perhaps her teachers saw her as an anal-retentive narcissist who would never deign to take their advice anyway.

lea3

lea4

Photos courtesy of Marie Claire UK.

Paris Hilton’s boyfriend runs over a photographer’s leg with his car, leaves the scene

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 06:22 AM PDT

fp_5816800_hilton_nicky_par
Paris Hilton was firmly seated on the passenger side when her boyfriend, Cy Waits, ran over a female photographer’s leg with his car and left the scene. Waits reportedly gunned the car to get away from a swarm of paparazzi when he hit someone. Radar Online has a video and it doesn’t look like the accident was Waits’ fault, to be honest. He was just lurching his car along trying to get away when he hit the woman. That part is at :45 seconds in.

To be fair he did stop and ask her if she was ok, the woman said “yes” and that’s when he left. Paris later tweeted about how the paparazzi “ruined” her evening. She wroteLovely evening with friends and family ruined by aggressive paparazzi. They are literally insane!” Then why did she go to a restaurant where they’re known to frequent? I’m sure her boyfriend ruined more than that woman’s evening when he ran over her damn leg and left the scene.

Hilton and Waits — arrested in Las Vegas just last month — were involved in an alleged hit and run accident outside of swanky Boa restaurant in West Hollywood, CA. on Wednesday night.

Video of the incident clearly shows that Waits was behind the wheel of his Bentley when he ran over the leg of a photographer, only identified as ‘Carol’.

The car was surrounded by paparazzi when an eyewitness says Waits “gunned” the car and hit the woman, who was knocked to the pavement.

The video shows Waits rolled down his window and asked if the pap was OK, to which another photographer responded, “yes” and told him to go.

Waits and Hilton then left the scene of the accident, but then on the video, you can hear someone yelling, “hit and run… hit and run.”

Police were called to the scene and were later seen questioning Waits, and giving him a field sobriety test.

Authorities tell RadarOnline.com that Waits was “detained”, but later released. At this time, no charges have been filed in the case, as police continue to investigate.

Paramedics were also called to the scene of the accident, and they transported the woman to the hospital for treatment for a cut on her right shin.

[From Radar Online]

I was ready to condemn Waits for this, but it looks like it could have been a mistake if you watch the videos on Radar and TMZ. I guess he turned right unexpectedly, but it didn’t look like me that he was gunning the car or like he was deliberately trying to hit someone as a paparazzo claims afterwards in that video on Radar. He was driving the car slow and lurching along, not gunning it. The photographers were surrounding it and harassing him and Paris. I hate that I’m defending either one of them, but it’s not like they were trying to hurt anyone and it didn’t look to me like the guy was driving recklessly. He should have stayed there and waited for cops, but he did return afterwards at least. And I was hoping Paris was driving and would get sent to jail. Maybe that will happen next month, as in October.

Paris is shown out on 9/29. Credit: Fame

fp_5815897_hilton_paris_pod

fp_5815894_hilton_paris_pod

Jamie Oliver says celebrity kids are “little sh-ts”

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 05:48 AM PDT

wenn2860819

Jamie Oliver, celebrity chef and father of four, is taking on celebrity children in a new interview. According to Oliver, celebrity kids are for the most part "little sh-ts" and that "I think few children of famous people succeed." The newspaper points out that he was mostly directing his comments at people like Peaches Geldof (ha) and Calum Best (who is the son of a famous footballer, I believe). Of course, I want to point out that Jamie Oliver's kids are not only too young to be included in Jamie's diatribe, but that Jamie and his wife Jools have given them added headaches by naming them: Poppy Honey Rosie (born 18 March 2002), Daisy Boo Pamela (born 10 April 2003) and Petal Blossom Rainbow (born 3 April 2009); and son Buddy Bear Maurice (born 15 September 2010). I'm going to go out on a limb and say that if my parents named me something like Poppy Petal Bear, I MIGHT have a drug problem.

JAMIE Oliver has branded celebrities' children "little sh*ts". The gobby telly chef, 35, claims most of them do not have a clue how to behave.
He admitted his own brood will have to work harder to get around the stigma of having a well-known dad.

And he fumed over celeb sons and daughters such as Calum Best, 29, and Peaches Geldof, 21, who are often accused of doing nothing but leeching off their parents' fame.

Jamie stormed that "most of them are little sh*ts", adding: "I think few children of famous people succeed."

He went on to say he was petrified about how his own kids would deal with his celeb status. Jamie, who is worth £65million, recently became a father for the fourth time after wife Jools, 35, gave birth to son Buddy Bear.

He said: "My kids are always going to be labelled as 'Jamie's child' so they will need to work harder than anyone else. I think my children are very lucky, apart from having me as a dad."

But he did cite one example of a great celeb kid, Stella McCartney, 39, fashion designer daughter of Beatles legend Sir Paul, 68.

He said: "I think Stella's an exception. That would be nice if my kids could be independent and creative and happy like that."

As well as their newborn son, Jamie and Jools have three other daughters, Poppy Honey, eight, Daisy Boo, seven, and 17-month-old Blossom Rainbow.

[From The Daily Star]

Okay, so Stella McCartney is obviously cool in Jamie's book, but what about the other McCartney kids? Didn't Paul and Linda have, like, three other kids? I guess they're all crap. As are all people with famous parents who don't manage to become famous fashion designers with enough money to eat at one of Jamie's fancy restaurants. Whatever.

LONDON, MARCH 22 : Celebrity arrivals for the European Premiere of Kick Ass held at the Empire Cinema, Leicester Square on March 22, 2010 in London, England, UK. (Picture by Richard Goldschmidt/EP/What's Up foto) Jamie Oliver

29731, LONDON, UNITED KINGDOM - Tuesday March 31 2009. Celebrity chef Jamie Oliver on his way to Downing Street as he prepares for two of the biggest events in his life. Oliver will cook for the newly-elected American President Obama and other world leaders at 10 Downing Street Wednesday night as part of the G20 Summit. However, Jamie's wife Jools is booked into a nearby clinic to give birth to the couple's third child. For security reasons , Oliver is not allowed to keep his cell phone on him when he enters Prime Miinster Gordon Brown's official London residence, so he will have to be alerted by British government officials if his wife goes into labour! Photograph: PacificCoastNews.com UK OFFICE: 131 557 7760/7761 US OFFICE:1 310 261 9676

Header: Jamie in May, credit: WENN.

Tony Curtis, actor and mensch, passes away at age 85

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 05:18 AM PDT

wenn2926199

The icons always pass away in threes, people. I know it's an old-wives' tale, but it's so, so true. First it was Eddie Fisher, then Gloria Stuart, and now Tony Curtis. Curtis passed away last night at his Las Vegas home. He was 85 years old, and it looks like he died of a heart attack/cardiac arrest. MSNBC has an extensive biography here.

Tony Curtis, the Bronx tailor’s son who became a 1950s movie heartthrob and then a respected actor with such films as “Sweet Smell of Success,” “The Defiant Ones” and “Some Like It Hot,” has died. He was 85.

The actor died at 9:25 p.m. MDT Wednesday at his Las Vegas area home of a cardiac arrest, Clark County Coroner Mike Murphy said Thursday. Entertainment Tonight first reported the news of Curtis’s death, citing a representative for the actor’s daughter, Jamie Lee Curtis.

After a series of frivolous movies that exploited his handsome physique and appealing personality, Curtis moved to more substantial roles, starting in 1957 in the harrowing show business tale “Sweet Smell of Success.”

In 1958, “The Defiant Ones” brought him an Academy Award nomination as best actor for his portrayal of a white racist escaped convict handcuffed to a black escapee, Sidney Poitier. The following year, he donned women’s clothing and sparred with Marilyn Monroe in one of the most acclaimed film comedies ever, Billy Wilder’s “Some Like It Hot.”

“He was great fun to work with. He had a great sense of humor, wonderful ad-libs. We had the best of times. He was a very fine actor,” Sir Roger Moore, the former Bond star who worked with Curtis on the television show “The Persuaders!,” told Britain’s Sky News.

“I shall miss him. I find it very difficult to sum up my emotions here in a couple of seconds.”

Asked in a 2008 interview with Matt Lauer on NBC News’ TODAY if his good looks were a blessing or a curse, Curtis drew laughs by saying “I never found them a curse. No, I loved it.”

His first wife was actress Janet Leigh of “Psycho” fame; actress Jamie Lee Curtis is their daughter.

In addition to movies, Curtis secured a place in popular culture, appearing on the cover of The Beatles’s “Sgt. Pepper’s Lonely Hearts Club” album and by voicing the character “Stony Curtis” on the cartoon “The Flintstones.”

In later years, he returned to film and television as a character actor after battling drug and alcohol abuse. His brash optimism returned, and he allowed his once-shiny black hair to turn silver. He also became a painter whose canvasses are displayed in galleries around the world.

“I’m not ready to settle down like an elderly Jewish gentleman, sitting on a bench and leaning on a cane,” he said at 60. “I’ve got a helluva lot of living to do.”

Curtis perfected his craft in forgettable films such as “Francis,” “I Was a Shoplifter,” “No Room for the Groom” and “Son of Ali Baba.”

Other prestigious films followed: Stanley Kubrick’s “Spartacus,” “Captain Newman, M.D.,” “The Vikings,” “Kings Go Forth,” “Operation Petticoat” and “Some Like It Hot.” He also found time to do a voice acting gig as his prehistoric lookalike, Stony Curtis, in an episode of “The Flintstones.” “The Defiant Ones” remained his only Oscar-nominated role.

He had married Janet Leigh in 1951, when they were both rising young stars; they divorced in 1963.

“Tony and I had a wonderful time together; it was an exciting, glamorous period in Hollywood,” Leigh, who died in 2004, once said. “A lot of great things happened, most of all, two beautiful children.”

[From MSNBC]

Yes, poor Jamie Lee Curtis - I'm sure she's probably heartbroken, although she insinuated throughout the years that she kind of thought her father was an a–hole, but she still loved him a lot.

My favorite of Tony's films is, of course, Some Like It Hot. The behind-the-scenes stories on that one are almost as good as the film - Curtis and Marilyn Monroe absolutely hated each other, but Curtis and Jack Lemmon were lifelong friends. I think it was on TCM that I also heard Tony Curtis speak about his lifelong admiration for Cary Grant, whom he worked with a handful of times. They worked together on my second favorite Tony Curtis film, Operation Petticoat.

Sigh… rest in peace, you mensch.

4th April 1960:  Married American actors Tony Curtis and Janet Leigh smile in front of a curtain, attending the Academy Awards at the RKO Pantages Theater, Los Angeles, California. Leigh wears a sleeveless lame gown with the collar turned up.  (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

circa 1958:  Austrian-born film director Billy Wilder (1906 - 2002) watches from the background as American actor Tony Curtis dips American actor Jack Lemmon (1925 - 2001), in costume as a woman, on the set of Wilder's film 'Some Like It Hot'.  (Photo by Hulton Archive/Getty Images)

Marilyn Monroe (1926  - 1962) and Tony Curtis on the set of 'Some Like It Hot', directed by Billy Wilder for United Artists.   (Photo by Keystone Features/Getty Images)

wenn2926140

wenn2926166

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Michael Lohan is filing for a conservatorship for Lindsay

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 05:10 AM PDT

Michael Lohan looking quite displeased with the phone conversation he took in front of the Pacific Design Center in Los Angeles, Ca on September 29, 2010  Fame Pictures, Inc

Michael Lohan was bitching just a couple days ago that his ex wife, enabling mom-in-denial, Dina, planned to file for a conservatorship for their daughter Lindsay. According to Michael, Dina and Lindsay’s business manager, Lou Taylor, were hatching a plot to control Lidnsay’s personal life, money and business dealings. Rather than wait for Dina to wrestle control over her daughter’s affairs, Michael is filing for his own conservatorship of Lindsay. He tells E! and Radar that he’s retained a lawyer and plans to file for a conservatorship run by two independent third parties “who don’t have an interest in Lindsays money, but rather her as a person and human being.” When has Michael shown that he has an interest in Lindsay as a human being? Was it when he sold tapes of her sobbing and begging for help?

As Kaiser mentioned on this earlier, it’s not a bad idea for someone to establish a conservatorship over Lindsay. The issue is that neither Michael nor Dina have her best interests at heart. Both are terrible parents, and both have ulterior motives. Even if Michael had a conservatorship established and gets it run by other people, he would try to influence those people and squeeze money out of his daughter. He’s earning money every time he runs to the press with news about her, and he’s been making a living by selling incriminating photos and tapes of the people he once claimed to love.

The good news is that Lindsay’s in rehab now, at an undisclosed facility in Orange County, CA. While I’m sure she’s resistant to the program and thinks she doesn’t need any help and that it’s everyone else’s problem, at least she’s there. She’s predictably said to be using rehab as a tactic to avoid or at least delay serving more time in jail.

Lindsay’s younger brother, Michael Lohan Jr., 22, issued a statement to People about his sister and he blamed everyone around her for enabling her, just like his father did. He said:

“People she was surrounded by – enablers, leeches, whatever you’d like to call it – made things very difficult,” he says. “It’s quite strenuous to right your wrongs when the people around you help justify your actions. Therefore, cloudy judgment made it easy for her to neglect those trying to guide her.”

“People with addictive tendencies do not get better overnight, so that cannot be expected. However, her commitment to her current recovery is a side effect of the realization of her past mishaps.”

Lindsay, who failed a drug test earlier this month and spent 14 hours in jail before posting bail, is “well-aware that she’s at a crossroad in life, and is fully committed to ensuring a healthier future,” says her brother.

“She has made conscious efforts to improve her lifestyle behaviors and to treat this process with great care. In order to continue her healing process, she’s willing to take whatever steps necessary,” Michael adds. “We – her mother, brothers, and sister – have been there for Lindsay every step of the way – despite what trashy news reports – and will continue to give her our support and strength during these arduous times.”

Last spring, Michael Lohan graduated from Ithaca College, where he studied business administration and played lacrosse. He remains close to sisters Lindsay and Ali, 16, and younger brother, Cody, 14.

[From People]

At least one of the Lohan family members has some sense, although I suspect that statement was carefully crafted by Lindsay’s PR people. It’s interesting that Lindsay’s brother is careful to specify that it’s her mother, brothers and sister who have been there for her, while leaving out their ex con dad. Michael Lohan Sr. said something very similar about his daughter - that he “truly believe[s] that she's finally in a place where she wants to be, but it's just a few people in her life that keep leading her off that path and enabling her.” The Lohans might be divided in their opinion of who should be responsible for Lindsay but that all agree that it’s not a 24 year-old woman’s fault that she ended up in jail after two DUIs and multiple failed drug tests.

45480, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Monday September 27, 2010. On the same day that Lindsay Lohan is reportedly supposed to check herself into rehab, her mother Dina Lohan was spotted running some errands around Los Angeles. Dina, accompanied by a female friend, went to the bank followed by a trip to a jewelry store where she bought a necklace. Photograph:  David Tonnessen, PacificCoastNews.com

45400, LOS ANGELES, CALIFORNIA - Friday September 24, 2010. Michael Lohan leaves the courthouse in LA where daughter Lindsay Lohan was denied bail in her DUI case and taken into custody. The 24 year old actress was handcuffed and taken away after failing a mandatory drug test. Lohan previous finished 13 full days of a 30-day sentence in a Lynwood correctional facility on Aug. 2 after she violated probation in her DUI case. . Photograph:  Josephine Santos, PacificCoastNews.com

Seal’s sexy music video featuring makeout scenes with naked wife Heidi Klum

Posted: 30 Sep 2010 05:07 AM PDT


Gorgeous supermodel and mother of four Heidi Klum stars in a sexy new music video with her husband, singer Seal. The song, “Secret,” is the first single off Seal’s latest album, Commitment, which came out Tuesday. It’s a haunting lovely song with a video that’s sure to get plenty of attention.

I was prepared to roll my eyes at this video but it’s frankly very well done. It seems to capture intimate moments between a husband and wife who still are very much in love. I love how tender and gentle it feels, like a couple who is content to be with each other and isn’t in any kind of hurry. There’s nakedness and kissing, but more than anything I find this video kind of heartwarming. It’s sexy but in a calm, adult way, if that make sense. It portrays a relationship with a high level of comfort and safety. The video really goes well with the song.

US Magazine premiered this video and has quotes from Heidi and Seal on what it means to them. Seal said “The song, the movie, it’s the story of our love.” Heidi said “It’s the story of two people in love. My husband is what I always wanted and never thought I would have.” I like them both a lot and think they’re a very solid couple.

heidiseal1

heidiseal2

heidiseal3

heidiseal4

No comments:

Post a Comment