Monday, September 6, 2010

The Young, Black, and Fabulous

The Young, Black, and Fabulous


T.I.'s FIRST Performance Since Arrest + Joe Jackson Says Spankings Kept Michael Out Of Gangs

Posted: 06 Sep 2010 07:17 AM PDT

Taking no time off, we've got T.I.'s first performance since his LA arrest plus how Joseph Jackson claims he kept Michael out of a gang when you read on...

 

<!--break-->

 

T.I. took no time returning to the stage since his recent arrest.  The rapper showed up to an Atlanta club with Nelly and took the stage.

Nice performance, but maybe he should be getting a good legal team together.

 

 

Joe Jackson claims that the spankings he gave Michael as a child kept him from becoming a gang member.  His comments stem from a recent interview that will be used for an upcoming movie Katherine Jackson is producing. The interviewer asked about his parenting style because of the rumors surrounding Joe about child abuse. 

 

Joe answered saying,

"I had to be like that because when raising him, in those days, so many gangs out there getting into trouble, going to jail. Most of them are dead now. He didn't have to worry about that."

 

When asked if Joe had any regrets about spanking he replied,

 "No! They tried to make a big issue when I spanked Michael or some of the kids, ya know? Just like they didn't spank their kids when they did wrong. The media twists everything."

 

Mr. Jackson, I can only imagine how many street gangs used to drive-by the Jackson family compound in Encino, Calif, hoping to recruit the rich and famous Jackson brothers.  Thank you for keeping them off the streets and for protecting Rebbie, Latoya and Janet.  For where would we be without the masterpiece  recording that is "Centipede?"

P.S. I could never see Michael in a gang....unless it was like the 'Bad' video: 

 

 

FAB FLICKS: Kelly Rowland Takes Command Of Las Vegas + Serena At The US Open

Posted: 06 Sep 2010 05:59 AM PDT

Last night, while performing her hit "Commander" Kelly Rowland made many fans swoon in the Surrender Nightclub at Encore Hotel in Las Vegas.  Performance pics of Kelly when you go inside plus Serena Williams at the US Open...

<!--break-->


 

Work it Miss Kelly.

 

And on the East Coast, Kelly's bff Serena Williams came out to watch the Venus Williams and Shaher Peer match on day seven of the 2010 U.S. Open at the USTA Billie Jean King National Tennis Center in Flushing Queens New York City.  

  

Photos via SplashNews/Mr. O./HRC/WENN 

 

TELL IT GIRL! Mashonda Opens Up AGAIN About Her Marriage To Swizz Beatz And What Alicia Did

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 08:59 PM PDT

Just in case you were interested, Mashonda is STILL TALKING about her marriage to and divorce from Swizz Beatz.  Just when you thought you'd read it all, the details keep coming.  Read what Mashonda reveals in her most recent interview when you go inside...

<!--break-->

In their October issue, Mashonda recently opened up to Sister to Sister magazine about her life with Swizz Beatz and Alicia Keys, pre- and post-divorce.  Here are some highlights:

 

On Alicia Asking Kasseem Jr. to call her “Mommy”:

S2S: You said that Alicia wanted your baby to call her “mommy”. How do you know that she said that?
Mashonda: My son told me.
S2S: And you told her that is not going to happen?
Mashonda: Yeah. I sent her an email and asked her to please respect what I am to him and it’s not right for her to think that is okay. She never replied. She doesn’t reply to me. She has never given me that respect.
S2S: What does Swizz say?
Mashonda: He said okay, he would stop it. He wouldn’t let her do it.
S2S: That would be kind of confusing for the child.
Mashonda: Oh, it is. It is so unfair to the child. I have been in contact with the little girl's mother (the woman in England who has Swizz’s baby). She’s a young girl. She’s a spiritual girl. She apologized to me… I don’t even judge her. I can’t. She’s totally different than the other one. This other one knew. Alicia knew about me 100 percent. Swizz introduced me at prior events. They were signed to the same record company. She knew. And I emailed her and asked her to stop doing what she was doing and she disregarded me. Just like she disregarded me when I asked her to not have my son thinking it was okay to call her “umi.” You’re not his umi. You just met my son.
S2S: “Umi” is like “mommy”?
Mashonda: “Umi” means “mommy” in Arabic. I’m like no. And then after I spoke to the lady in London, she told me that she tried to get her daughter to call her “umi” as well.
S2S: She’s met the lady in London?
Mashonda: Yes. I’m glad she’s having her own child now because now she will have someone to call her “umi”.
S2S: Wow.
Mashonda: Like, if you want to be a stepmother, that’s great. Be a stepmother. But don’t think that it’s okay to make a kid call you “umi” or “mommy.”

On why she continues to talk about this if she moved on:


Mashonda
: People ask me why am I still talking about this and why don’t I just leave it alone. I’m like, this is going to help somebody. My story is a universal thing. This is not just something that only happened to me: This happens to women every day. Mine was just ugly. If I can help the next woman get through and be positive, then I’m going to talk about it.
S2S: Were you guys dating other people before he got with Alicia? Were you guys separated?
Mashonda: We were married. Sleeping in the same bed and having sex every night while he was seeing Alicia. Okay? It was an affair. 100 percent. I don’t know why people want to change that rule so much. We had just had a kid, for crying out loud. Our child was 8 months. I found out about Alicia two days before my son turned 1. They had been doing their thing for months before that.

 

At this point I think we know as much about Mashonda's marriage as the divorce lawyer, the therapist, her beautician, and Swizz Beatz best friend.  Whoever that may be.  I hope someone is learning from Mashonda's misfortune. And there is also a lesson to be learned from Swizz Beatz.  TIP:  When you get divorced from a woman with access to the media, have your lawyer add in a gag order.  You notice we NEVER hear anything from Al Reynolds.  And he loves attention. Star Jones knew HOW to get divorced.   

 

 

Crunk In The ATL: Lil Kim Does Atlanta Pride + LudaDay Weekend Continues At Mansion Elan

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 07:25 PM PDT

There were tons of events in the ATL this weekend with it being both Atlanta Pride and LudaDay Weekend.  We have pics of Lil Kim hosting pride events all over when you go inside plus Ludacris and friends partying in up in the ATL...

<!--break-->

 

Lil Kim was on party hostess patrol greeting fans all over the city at the Tops and Bottoms nightclub, Vita, and the Velvet Room. She brought along friends including Christina Milian, B. Scott, and Mickey (the Real L word). Check out flicks:

Kim worked this teal sheer dress for her Lesbian fans.  I'm sure they were pleased.

 

 

Here's Kim with B. Scott, Christian Milian and a few guests.

Kim posed with reality star Mickey of the Real L Word and a guest.

Kim took a nice pic with internet superstar and radio host B. Scott.

Christina Milian looks very happy to me don't you think?


 

Kim loves her fans.

Kim blows kisses to her fans.

As LudaDay Weekend continues in Atlanta, a few YBF celebs partied at Atlanta's newly-renovated hotspot, Mansion Elan. The cast of The Fast & Furious 5 held down the VIP and Chris Brown surprised guests with an impromptu performance of "Dueces."  Check out the pics..

Everybody smile! Vin Diesel, Tyrese, Ludacris, and Kelly Rowland held down the VIP room.  

Vin Diesel chunked the deuces at the camera.

Chocolate drop Lance Gross was looking delicious...as usual.

Breezy entertained the crowd with a few hot dance moves.


 

Tyrese looks very chilled.

Terrence J and Teairra Mari looked nice together.

 

Photos via lilkimfanclub.com/KiddUNot

 

Wyclef Delivers A Message To His Haters (Check Your Mail Sean Penn & Pras)

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 10:08 AM PDT

Seems like Wyclef is still holding a grudge towards those who didn't support him while he was running for President of Haiti. At the very top of his "hater" list is actor Sean Penn and his former bandmate Pras. Check out what Wyclef has to say about them...

<!--break-->

On Friday, Wyclef performed at Hot 97′s On Da Reggae Tip at the Hammerstein Ballroom in New York City along with Gyptian, Serani, Barrington Levy and more. During his performance of “If I Was President”, he took some quick jabs at Sean Penn and Fugee member, Pras.

"If I was pesident... I got a message for Sean Penn, maybe he ain't see me in Haiti because he was too busy sniffing cocaine. I got a message for Praswell; even though you don't want to support me, I got love for you, even though you only kicked 8 bars for the Fugees..."


Lol. He definitely got at Sean Penn. Check out the vid of his performance:

Well Damn. Major shots were just fired.

Kanye Apologizes To Taylor Swift Via Twitter And Writes Her A Song + 50 Cent Clears Air With Jay-Z & Diddy

Posted: 05 Sep 2010 10:04 AM PDT

Last night, Kanye West's tweets were all the buzz on twitter. He is still apologizing to Taylor Swift  for ruining her moment at last year's MTV VMA Awards when she won for Best Female Video.  Now he has written her a song. Read Kanye's twitterpology plus find out about 50 Cent clearing the air  with Diddy and his recent convo with Jay-Z when you go inside...

<!--break-->

Next weekend, marks the one year anniversary of Kanye West stealing Taylor Swift's "moment" at the MTV VMAs. Kanye took to his keyboard to apologize to Taylor. Tweeting that he has many "layers" to him that people just don't understand, he says he has discovered a newfound humility and takes FULL responsibility for his actions. Check out his tweets.

 

I truly believe Kanye is dealing with some real issues other than his passion for music and wanting to feel respected in the music game. Click on the thumbnails to read his other tweets about him humbling  himself and looking in the mirror one day and saying "GROW UP KANYE... I take responsibility for my actions." Dude is way too hard on himself. Just live.

 

 

 

 

50 cent aka the "Hip Hop bully" caught up with Jay-Z at Jay-Z and Eminem's "Home to Home" Concert in Detroit and their encounter ended with a brief conversation behind the scenes. He recently spoke to MTV, and talked about his conversation with Jay-Z and explained his beef with Diddy. Check out the vid.

 
 

What?!? Huh?!? 50 Cent just said a whole bunch of nothing right now. Anyways, I guess his beef with Jay and Diddy is finally squashed. Because this time last year he was singing a different tune about Diddy.

"Diddy , well, the thing about it is, Puffy's like a b*tch," 50 said when asked if Diddy was subliminally dissing him. "To describe Puffy in one word is a 'b*tch.' Right? Puffy wants to be the hot b*tch in the group. You know how you see a hot b*tch -- I know it sounds kinda harsh but I'll explain my statement. You know how an ugly b*tch always has pretty friends? That's how he's built his group. He wants to be the hot b*tch in the group. He wants to make sure he gets all the attention. He wants to make sure the n*ggas wanna holla at him. And you know, it's the reality of the situation, man. He'll tell you what happened himself down in Miami. It's not even open season on Diddy."

Source

Rap beefs. Publicity Stunts. When does it end? Grow up already! I'm waiting for him to squash beef with the Teflon Don and bipolar ass Game.

 

1 comment: