Thursday, September 9, 2010

Best Week Ever

Best Week Ever


Why Thank You, Baby Banner Ad

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 08:11 AM PDT

Thanks for the baby compliment, banner ad on Yahoo. Also, huh?

Wait – that is not actually my baby. You are lying! But my baby does have that shirt with the floating words.

Disney’s Up Gets The BLAM! Treatment

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 02:04 PM PDT

In my ongoing efforts to broaden my mind as a human being, today I…

1) Became aware of Disney’s BLAM!

2) Then proceeded to watch this Disney BLAM! parody for Up:

Not to overexaggerate, but today has been the greatest day of my or anyone else’s life. All downhill from here.

Betty White Trend Rolls Right Along With New Betty White Comic Book

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 01:42 PM PDT

Ok, 2010 Earth, we get it — we all love Betty White. Everyone loves Betty White. We used to love her, we still love her, we love her when she makes cameos, we love her when she hosts SNL, we love her when she swears, we love her when she pokes fun at herself — the lovelist goes on and on.

That said, does the world really need a Betty White graphic novel?

The sudden overwhelming deluge of Betty White support over the past year has been universally enjoyable, but the longer it’s gone on, with everyone internet-wide constantly making a deliberate effort to proclaim superlative love for the veteran actress over and over again, the more it’s bordered on sounding patronizing towards her. I’m not doubting peoples’ enthusiasm for Betty White, and I certainly share it, but at this point, it’s almost as if people are just fashionably professing their Betty White fandom in order to seem impressively open-minded by loving a humble veteran actress instead of something trendy (creating, ironically, its own trend).

I’m not actually mad at the Betty White comic book — celebrity comic books certainly aren’t unprecedented — but it’s the latest installment in an ongoing fad that’s veering from genuine support into the realm of trendy condescension. When we organically appreciate someone, we don’t need to constantly be yelling about how awesome that person is. We know Betty White is great, internet – let’s relax.

That random rant out of the way, three more pages from the Betty White graphic novel — the Betty White graphic novel — are after the jump:

OUTTAKES: Travie McCoy and I Are Basically Drunk; In Love

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 12:02 PM PDT

Yesterday, I brought you the more “professional” side of my interview with musician Travie McCoy. Buttt remember how we were, like, drinking for 30 straight minutes? Basically, a lot of hilarious sh*t went down during our time together, so much so that we were able to string together the funniest moments in the following “outtakes” reel.

Whether you love us or hate us, do yourself a favor and watch this. Travie shows us his passport, talks about “I Didn’t Know I Was Pregnant,” tells us a little bit about being the Godfather to Bronx Mowgli Wentz (Ashlee Simpson and Pete Wentz’s son), and, most importantly, gets drunk and falls in love with me. Hopefully, you will too.* Enjoy.

*You obviously hate me now.

On the bright side, I have gotten a manicure since this interview. Always be ready for a hand close-up, Collins.

Follow me on Twitter.

Follow BWEtv on Twitter.

Internet Finally Makes That Inevitable Lebowski/Matrix Mash-Up

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 12:09 PM PDT

Today’s “Random Internet Video That Isn’t Topical But Is So Painstakingly Done It’s Impressive Anyway” Trophy goes to this video, a mash-up of The Big Lebowski and The Matrix in which The Dude finally sits down with Morpheus. Congrats on winning that specific trophy, this video – the font engraved on the trophy is really small so the name of it fits.

Between this and Star Wars Bohemian Rhapsody, it’s been a busy week for way-too-time-consuming-to-make, non-topical viral videos. As we speak, someone in a remote shack off Lake Michigan is dropping Mister Belvedere into an episode of SilverHawks

(via Gorillamask)

What, A Symphony Didn’t Play On Your Delayed Flight?

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 11:32 AM PDT

This is what happens when I fly: First, I get a seat in the middle that can’t recline. Then I sit next to someone who is not as hot as I had hoped. Then I pray that I won’t die. Then I think about all the recycled air I’m breathing and if I’m going to get tuberculosis. Then I think about all the people in business class and first class who avoided my gaze as I walked past them. And I curse them, just audibly enough to weird out the people on either side of me. Then I awkwardly graze the person to my right’s butt as I reach for my seat belt. Then I pray that I won’t die again. Then, if the person next to me is moderately hot, I try to showcase whatever pretentious book I have with me, which is purely for show, in the hopes of sparking a conversation. Barring that (which has never happened), I watch Current TV. If I’m lucky (How good is Current TV??). This has never happened to me:

This is not a stunt, this is just what happens on sophisticated airlines in sophisticated European countries when a plane is delayed. The Amsterdam Sinfonietta pops out and entertains you. I think they also get free wine. Bastards.

Via Daily What

Rogue Watermelon Nearly Beheads Amazing Race Contestant

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 10:59 AM PDT

Let’s face it. Our lives are barely worth living during the times when the Amazing Race is on hiatus. Rarely an evening goes by when we don’t find ourselves bolting upright from our slumber, screaming out for one more glimpse at Phil Keoghan’s raised eyebrow. If you suffer from the same affliction, we have good news for you: A new season of the Amazing Race starts on Sunday, September 26! Speaking of which, our buddy James Hubbard over at the Hollywood Reporter tipped us off about the video from the new season that you see above, a terrifying moment in which a contestant on the show finds herself knocked silly after a catapult challenge involving watermelons goes awry. Gallagher, you’ve done it again!

And, lest you think we’ve forgotten about the scene of Phil in his skivvies from a few seasons back, we haven’t! Click through for a hilarious GIF from one of our favorite moments in television history.

phil in his undies2.gif

BOOM!

The Most Passionate Batman And Robin Soundtrack Review You Will Ever See

Posted: 08 Sep 2010 10:32 AM PDT

A friend of mine with a keen sense of things I deeply love just sent me this Amazon customer review of the Batman And Robin soundtrack (and when I say “friend,” I actually mean it, I swear I wasn’t randomly looking to buy the Batman And Robin soundtrack. Crap, now I sound more defensive. Also my friend is impotent. This is getting worse. Gonna get out of these parenthesis asap..)

Here is the most passionate, enthusiastic, and comprehensive endorsement of the Batman And Robin movie soundtrack I have ever seen, written in 2005, a lean eight years after the movie came out.

You can READ the REVIEW after the JUMP. Spoiler – The phrase “heartbreaking meditations on the human condition” comes up in this review of the Batman And Robin movie soundtrack:

Ok, though, enough loving this review LOL. He makes an awfully compelling case — for some reason, snooty and misinformed American critics just never fully appreciate dialogue like this. Buncha AMERICAN IDIOTS.

(via Matt Little)

No comments:

Post a Comment