Thursday, September 9, 2010

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Megan Fox complains about people “rolling their eyes” at how young she is

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 09:02 AM PDT

megan2

Elle Magazine's October issue is devoted to the hottest twenty-five celebrities under or around the age of 25 years old. It's all for Elle's 25th anniversary. The pictorial is here - it includes people like Megan McCain, Camilla Belle, Mila Kunis, Gaby Sidibe, Amanda Seyfried… and Lauren Conrad (eyeroll). Gaby Sidibe, Seyfried and Lauren Conrad also got their own covers - I guess this revolving cover idea is here to stay. Meh on that. But it was Megan Fox's inclusion that surprised me. Not that I don't buy that she's 25-ish. Technically, she's "24". Sure. But good God, that's a hard, plastic, trashy 24, isn't it? Here's what Elle has released:

Megan Fox: Actress, bombshell

Credits: Teen-boy-movie staple; cast as fallen angel in the upcoming drama Passion Play opposite Mickey Rourke and Bill Murray.

On being married: "When I talk about my husband [Brian Austin Green], I feel as if people roll their eyes. It's like when you're 16 and order a martini, and the waiter says, 'Do you think I'm stupid?' They can't grasp that I'm old enough to be married."

[From Elle]

I can't grasp that she's intelligent enough not to need the state's permission to function outside of an institution. I also think she’s right about people rolling their eyes - but it’s not because she’s married at such a young age, it’s because she’s so f-cking stupid. But I will give her credit for sticking with Brian Austin Green, who is looking kind of fine these days. I think they really love each other, I guess. Whatever.

megan1

Aug. 08, 2010 - Los Angeles, California, USA - Aug 08, 2010 - Los Angeles, California, USA - Actress MEGAN FOX  at the 2010 Teen Choice Awards - Press Room held at Universal Studios, Los Angeles. © Red Carpet Pictures

Here are some adorable photos of BAG and his son Kassius waiting for Megan outside of a nail salon, where she had an appointment.

Elusive actress Megan Fox quickly parts way with new husband Brian Austin Green in Beverly Hills, CA on September 8, 2010 as she rushed into a nail salon, leaving Green and his son Kassius Green to patiently await for the Transformers star's return. Fame Pictures, Inc

Elusive actress Megan Fox quickly parts way with new husband Brian Austin Green in Beverly Hills, CA on September 8, 2010 as she rushed into a nail salon, leaving Green and his son Kassius Green to patiently await for the Transformers star's return. Fame Pictures, Inc

Photos courtesy of Elle online.

Britney Spears releases statement about abuse, harassment allegations

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 08:37 AM PDT

44129, MAUI, HAWAII - Sunday August 29, 2010. Britney Spears and her beau Jason Trawick spend a sunny morning in Hawaii relaxing by the pool of their luxury hotel. The couple have been vacationing on the tropical island since Tuesday and look as though they are having a great time. Britney was wearing a blue bikini and a short, brown summer dress, while Jason could be seen showing off his washboard abs. Photograph: Binns/Breeden,  PacificCoastNews.com

Earlier this morning, CB covered many of the details of the lawsuit Britney Spears' former bodyguard has now filed against her. Amongst his claims - both in the lawsuit, and in his tell-all to British tabloids - was that Britney walked around naked all the time, trying to lure her bodyguards into bed, in between beating and poisoning her children. His allegations have been around for months, but he only filed suit yesterday. Anyway, Britney (or her lawyers) have just released a statement about the lawsuit:

This lawsuit is another unfortunate situation where someone is trying to take advantage of the Spears family and make a name for himself. The Department of Children and Family Services conducted a proper investigation surrounding Mr. Flores’ accusations and have closed the case without any further action. Ms. Spears and her attorneys have every expectation that this matter will be dismissed by the courts.

[From Britney Spears' website]

Well… I don't know. I like that the statement isn't really strident, because after all, it is Britney and most of us will believe the worst about her. That being said, I think many of this dude's allegations are probably flat-out untrue, or gross exaggerations of real events. Personally, I don't believe that Britney is an "abusive" mother - in that I don't think she's hitting or poisoning her kids. I bet she probably gives them spankings when they're bad, probably because that's the way she was raised, and that's her only frame of reference. I also believe that Britney probably sexually harasses her bodyguards, and that she's kind of gross in person, what with the rumors about her lack of hygiene and all. But basically, she's just a young woman with mental problems, and what are you going to do?

44190, MAUI, HAWAII - Monday August 30 2010. Britney Spears and boyfriend Jason Trawick continue their Hawaiian vacation as they enjoyed breakfast together on the balcony of their luxury hotel suite. The loved-up couple looked very happy and relaxed as they watched the sun rise in Maui. Photograph: Breeden, Binns,  PacificCoastNews.com

43967, MAUI, HAWAII - Wednesday August 25, 2010. Britney Spears and her boyfriend Jason Trewick enjoy an afternoon at the beach in Hawaii. Photograph:  PacificCoastNews.com

Britney Spears sports her staple cut of shorts, while heading out this morning to do a bit of shopping with boyfriend Jason Trawick in Calabasas, CA on August 22, 2010 Fame Pictures, Inc

Gwyneth Paltrow deigns to grace us with the sight of her pink bra

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 08:08 AM PDT

wenn2993251

It's been forever since we've had a good Gwyneth Paltrow story! She went on a Goop holiday for all of August, so the peasants basically had NO IDEA what to wear, eat, go or think for like six whole weeks. Plus, Gwyneth didn't ever deign us with her presence out in public - God knows where she was all that time. Perhaps getting a little work done? Because she looks a little bit tweaked in these photos - she went out in London last night, stepping out to support her friend Stella McCartney, who was doing something or the other (what do I know?).

One very notable thing about these new Gwyneth photos - she looks really good. Fresh and pretty and… showing off her bra in a very low-cut crisp white blouse. Goopy boobs! It also looks like she's wearing some kind of windbreaker cape-let? Weird. I thought Dame Goopy would break out in hives at the mere glance of synthetic fabrics, but the windbreaker is probably designed by Stella, and synthetic is okay as long as it costs a thousand dollars. But why the showing of the bra? I can't believe Gwyneth would deign to pull such an uncouth, trashy move… almost Lohan-esque. Is Gwyneth trying to sex it up a bit? She has an agenda, trust me. I'm just too much of a peasant to understand it now.

wenn2992963

Maybe she's trying to get her husband's attention? God knows where Chris Martin is. Although, I have to admit, I thought we'd be hearing about her split from Chris at this point in the program. I was wrong - Gwyneth and Chris saved their marriage. Good for them? Sure.

Also, her Goop newsletter this week - it's all about fall fashion and shopping. Goopy is smart enough to give us a list of the "budget" looks we should be buying this season, all reasonably affordable save the odd Stella McCartney four-figure purchase suggestion. Gwyneth also did a video with some "friends" at a shop to talk, anthropologist-like, about what the peasants should wear. Chuckle… that really is what Gwyneth is like now, an anthropologist of peasants. She's trying to learn from us, people! She's studying how we live, so that she can suggest ways to make our little lives better. Anyway, the video… my favorite part is when Gwyneth says "okay" in this absolutely condescending, snotty way when she's told the women are "J.Crew obsessed.” Enjoy:

Oh, Goopy. I missed you and your snotty ass. Bless her heart.

wenn2993245

wenn2993255

Gwyneth in London on Sept. 8, 2010. Credit: WENN.

Lauren Graham calls relationship with Peter Krause ’so easy’

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 07:59 AM PDT

WEST HOLLYWOOD, CA - FEBRUARY 22: Actress Lauren Graham and actor Peter Krause attend the Los Angeles premiere of 'Parenthood' at the Directors Guild Theatre on February 22, 2010 in West Hollywood, California. (Photo by Jason Merritt/Getty Images)
I’m really sad that True Blood and Hung are ending this week, but there are plenty of shows I love whose fall seasons are about to premiere, particularly Parenthood, which premieres next Tuesday and partially Vampire Diaries, which premieres tonight! (I say partially as the end of VD’s first season was totally far fetched, but what isn’t about that show?) Parenthood’s troubled single mom, Lauren Graham, 43, is Redbook’s October cover girl. People Magazine has some advance excerpts from her interview and she dishes on her relationship with her co-star, the swoon-inducing Peter Krause, 45. She tells a really cute story about how shy and respectful he was on their first sort-of date 15 years ago, and how he didn’t make a move on her way back then. Things have progressed quite a bit since, with Peter and Lauren re-connecting once they met on set again last year. Lauren calls their relationship “so easy.” I like both of them on that show and I’m hoping for their sake (and for the show’s!) that it works out for them.

laurenredbookFifteen years ago, Lauren Graham and Peter Krause bonded over board games when the actress first moved to Los Angeles.

Today, Graham 43, and her Parenthood co-star, 45, are diving into something a bit more serious: a relationship.

“One of the things that’s been so fun is that it’s so easy,” Graham says in the October issue of Redbook magazine. “It’s a lot, to work with somebody and spend time with them, too.”

Graham, who says she and Krause “clearly had a connection” when they first met, blames timing and shyness for originally keeping them apart.

“I think we liked each other [but] he asked me over to his house to play a board game – and that’s exactly what we ended up doing,” she says. “So I was like, ‘This guy doesn't like me. Who actually plays a board game?’… The timing wasn’t right. I don't think either of us was ready.”

She adds: “He’s obviously a very confident, appealing guy, but he’s shy, and so am I.”

Unlike many Hollywood couples, Graham and Krause have managed to keep their relationship out of the spotlight.

“Nobody knew about it for awhile, because we like to be at home, cooking and not going out,” the former Gilmore Girls actress explains. “I’ve also been really protective of it, because it’s important that you can buy us as brother and sister on the show.”

Although there is no predicting where Graham’s relationship with Krause will lead, she does say she would like to settle down someday.

“I would like to be part of a family, however that looks,” she says. “Family is really important to me.”

[From People]

That’s really nice! I love that part where she said “I would like to be part of a family, however that looks.” Krause has a nine year-old son from a former relationship and maybe that’s partially what she meant. As negative as this is to say, though, I hope she didn’t jinx anything by talking about her relationship to the press! Krause doesn’t seem like the type who is easily spooked, but you never know as guys can be weird about that sort of thing. Hopefully everything will continue to be easy and romantic for the two of them. I know she’s worried about it affecting viewer’s perception of their brother-sister relationship, but there’s so much stuff going on in that show that it’s hard to get distracted by any one plotline.

Now if only Lauren could get a good stylist. Her dress at the Emmys made a lot of worst dressed lists, which is a shame because she’s so lovely and nice.

Lauren Graham & Peter Krause . Parenthood Premiere Screening - NBC.Directors Guild of America.Los Angeles, CA.February 22, 2010.2010 Kathy Hutchins / Hutchins Photo....

May 17, 2010 - New York, New York, U.S. - (L-R) Actors PETER KRAUSE, DAX SHEPARD, LAUREN GRAHAM, ERIKA CHRISTENSEN, and SAM JAEGER attend the NBC Upfront at the New York Hilton Hotel. © Red Carpet Pictures

Lauren Graham arrives at the 62nd Primetime Emmy Awards at the Nokia Theatre in Los Angeles on August 29, 2010.  UPI/Lori Shepler Photo via Newscom

True Blood hottie Ryan Kwanten is down to earth, funny

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 07:32 AM PDT

wenn2880068
Ryan Kwanten is the Australian beefcake behind True Blood’s hot but dumb single-natured assistant deputy, Jason Stackhouse. I haven’t heard much from Kwanten, 33, apart from a very friendly open interview he did with a fansite. He seems like a really normal, down-to-earth guy and in this latest quick profile with US Magazine, part of their weekly “25 things you didn’t know about” feature, he just confirmed my positive impression of him. I love his witty answers “5. Worst advice: 1) Turn here, I know a shortcut. 2) Just touch it,” and “24. I love odd numbers. Ironic this is No. 24.” are a couple that stand out. Here’s more:

1. My mum beat breast cancer. Everyone, in some way, has been touched by cancer. Please help any way you can.

2. I find it hard to trust anyone who doesn’t like animals.

3. My favorite yoga pose is Scorpion.

4. Best advice: a day at a time.

5. Worst advice: 1) Turn here, I know a shortcut. 2) Just touch it.

6. A woman’s body is the most exquisite gift. A woman’s mind is a mystery.

7. I’ve broken many a bone, including every knuckle on my right hand.

8. I believe what Muhammad Ali said: “Champions…have to have the skill and the will. But the will must be stronger than the skill.”

9. I could only hope to be half the man my dad is.

10. I avoid pompous people and microwaves.

11. Whenever people agree with me, I always feel like I must be wrong.

12. I am yet to be defeated in Scrabble and beer pong.

13. You can find me at ryankwanten.com.

14. The harder I work, the luckier I get.

15. Nothing beats fresh air.

16. I call my brothers “Tenoskipoo” and “Goo.”

17. Foster’s is not Australian for beer. And the guy in the Outback Steakhouse ads is not Australian.

18. I have no formal acting training.

19. I wear a size-30 jean. Jason Stackhouse wears a size 28. Boy likes ‘em tight.

20. I’ve never stayed awake for a musical.

21. Favorite movie characters: Butch Cassidy, Martin Riggs, Andrew Beckett.

22. I always misspell definitely.

23. I’ve been bitten by a shark.

24. I love odd numbers. Ironic this is No. 24.

25. I’m still growing into my shoes.

[From US Magazine]

Ryan is also on the cover of GQ Style’s latest issue, and has has some pretty level-headed things to say about fame. He said “I'm not very newsworthy. I'm still a very private person. I want to leave all the drama in my life on the set. I'm not going to call my publicist from a restaurant and say, 'I'll be leaving at 7:57. Make sure there's a photographer outside.' Giving my life up like that would be taking a little bit of my soul.”

When I went to google Ryan Kwanten, one of the suggested phrases was “Ryan Kwanten Workout,” which points you to this page on Men’s Health with his manly outdoor fitness tips. You know, I’m not particularly attracted to Jason Stackhouse because you can see the gears turning behind his eyes when he thinks and he looks like he drolls when he sleeps, but Ryan is definitely at the top of my list now. His accent really does it for me too. (You can hear it in the video below!)

Mild True Blood spoilers for past episodes
This week is the last episode of the whole damn third season on True Blood. I can’t believe it’s over so quickly and I’m kind of peeved about that. I’m anxious to see how Eric gets out of his particularly sticky situation and if Russell Edgington continues to be a problem. It’s sad, in a way, that Franklin Mott is no longer on as I was pretty fond of the actor who played him, James Frain. He somehow made a terrible character likable and I found him sexy to be honest. If anyone was going to take care of Mott I’m glad that it was Stackhouse, though.

Here’s a cute interview with Ryan interviewing Lindsay Pulsipher. She’s the actress who plays Crystal, his on-screen love interest. His accent is so dreamy! These two are really flirty with each other, and you can tell how much Lindsay is into him. Who wouldn’t be?

Here’s Ryan at the True Blood season premiere on 6/8/10. I love how he brought his mom! He’s also shown on 3/5, 3/4 and 1/28/10. Credit: WENN.com.

wenn2880036

wenn5495276

wenn5495274

wenn2762992

wenn2764531

Chelsea Handler obsessively maintains her “Team Aniston” status

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 07:31 AM PDT

chelsea

It's no secret that Chelsea Handler is Team Aniston. Chelsea has criticized Angelina Jolie time and time again over the past few years, even going so far as to mock Jolie's children, and to call Angelina "evil" on the same night that Jennifer Aniston was appearing on Chelsea Lately. Chelsea seems to be tight with Aniston - they apparently hang out every now and then, although I think Chelsea seems to push the idea that they're best friends when they're just occasional drinking buddies.

Anyway, Chelsea is interviewed in the new issue of Rolling Stone (the one with Mad Men on the cover). Thus far, Rolling Stone hasn't put the full piece online yet, but they did put up a behind-the-scenes video of the photo shoot here. I think she did the interview to promote her hosting gig at the VMAs, which I am not looking forward too. Perish the thought of all of the Asian and black jokes she's going to make - ugh. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind some racially-tinged humor, but I guess that's my biggest problem with Chelsea: I don't find her drunken-racist-whore schtick funny. At all. So, anyway, I read the article in my copy of RS a few days ago, and I was… disturbed. Here are the relevant Bermuda Triangle parts, and keep in mind, these comments came up without Chelsea being asked specifically about any of the players - she just likes to bring up this stuff in normal conversation with journalists:

"Oh, this is so funny!" Handler says, holding up a magazine so everyone can see. It's a story about her and her supposed BFF Jennifer Aniston and how "Chelsea, 35, persuaded her 41-year-old pal to join Crunch fitness in West Hollywood by raving about all the 'hot, scantily clad men' that work out there." Handler reads the story out loud, and whenever anyone tries to interrupt, she shouts them down. "Wait, listen to this!" she says. "Chelsea has started hosting weekly vodka mixer parties for their get-togethers, Jen and Chelsea demand that each female guest bring eligible bachelors to mingle with their other single female friends."

Handler howls with laughter.

*********

She says that she normally doesn't remember her dreams, but there's this one. In it, Aniston is getting back together with Brad Pitt and Handler is shouting, "You can't do it! Don't so it!" Although Aniston is a recent friend, Handler has had that dream repeatedly - an indication, no doubt, of how deeply into her psyche the crud of celebrity culture has seeped.

*********

It's pretty entertaining watching Handler do her thing at work. Much of it seems to involve hanging out in her dressing room as various sorts of traipse in and out and interrupt her train of though. She'll be saying something like, "You know who I don't like? Angelina Jolie. She's a home-wrecker who has no female friends. I can tell from a mile away she's bad. You can adopt as many babies as you want - I can tell she's not a good girl."

[From Rolling Stone, print edition]

Is this really the way "friends" of Jennifer Aniston talk and obsess? If so, then I think we can safely say that all of those tabloid stories through the years where unnamed Aniston "friends" talk sh-t about Brad and Angelina, still obsessing about it, are probably not the fantasies of tabloid editors. Those “friends” really are that petty. It’s like high school who an unlimited supply of vodka and Botox, but the same amount of fake IDs, only this time to convince people you’re younger.

Also: Chelsea is widely believed to have "homewrecked" her boss Ted Harbert - he was married when they began "dating" circa 2005-6, and she confirms in the piece that she dumped him shortly after he gave her a multi-million dollar contract.

Here's the behind-the-scenes Rolling Stone video. This bitch is not 35 years old.

Mar 09, 2010 - New York, New York, USA - Comedian, talk show host CHELSEA HANDLER promotes her new book 'Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang' at Barnes and Noble Union Square. © Red Carpet Pictures

Jennifer Aniston cheerfully waves at fans as she appears on the Daily Show in NYC, NY on August 19, 2010 to promote her newest movie The Switch . Fame Pictures, Inc

Mar. 09, 2010 - New York, New York, United States - CHELSEA HANDLER Signs Copies Of her new book ''Chelsea Chelsea Bang Bang'' .Barnes & Noble Union Square, New York City 03-09-2010. 2010.I15140BT. © Red Carpet Pictures

Actress Chelsea Handler arrives at the Women in Film Crystal + Lucy Awards in Los Angeles on June 12, 2009. The awards, presented by Women In Film, Los Angeles, honor outstanding women for their contribution to the entertainment industry. (UPI Photo/Jim Ruymen) Photo via Newscom

Guy Ritchie directs a strange, sexy Dior commercial starring Jude Law

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 06:41 AM PDT

British actor Jude Law and Director Guy Ritchie attend the photocall for 'Sherlock Holmes' held at Gaumont Marignan theater in Paris, France on January 15, 2010. Photo by Denis Guignebourg/ABACAPRESS.COM

A few years ago, a director by the name of "Madonna's Husband" met a youngish English bloke with thinning hair. It was love at first sight, for both. Something about the bromance between Jude Law and Guy Ritchie is lovely, in my opinion. They really do seem tight, and like they're genuinely good friends, with a hot homoerotic streak - just enough to make things interesting. It also is a pleasant reminder that both Guy and Jude are very similar - two middle-to-upper class boys who are more famous for their relationships than their talent.

Anyway, it was apparently a lovefest when Jude and Guy worked together on Sherlock Holmes, and somehow, Guy was chosen to direct Jude in a long(er) commercial for Dior Homme. We've already seen this previewed, but it's a whole other thing when you're watching the full commercial:

Gawker hates it - others love it. I think it wants to be fancier and sexier than it actually is, but I'm not a Jude Law hater, and I think he looks rather hot in it. The model is horrible, though. She's a bad actress. Jude's fake Cockney (Mockney?) accent is the worst, but I like the Paris scenery. My favorite part: that coat/wrap-dress thing the girl is wearing. I want that.

LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 14:  (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) R-L Jude Law and Guy Ritchie attend the world premiere after party of Sherlock Holmes held at Number 1 Mayfair on December 14, 2009 in London, England.  (Photo by Fergus McDonald/Getty Images)

LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 14:  (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) R-L Jude Law and Guy Ritchie attend the world premiere after party of Sherlock Holmes held at Number 1 Mayfair on December 14, 2009 in London, England.  (Photo by Fergus McDonald/Getty Images)

LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 14: (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) L-R Jude Law and Guy Ritchie attend the world premiere after party of Sherlock Holmes held at Number 1 Mayfair on December 14, 2009 in London, England.  (Photo by Fergus McDonald/Getty Images)

LONDON, ENGLAND - DECEMBER 14:  (UK TABLOID NEWSPAPERS OUT) R-L Jude Law and Guy Ritchie attend the world premiere after party of Sherlock Holmes held at Number 1 Mayfair on December 14, 2009 in London, England.  (Photo by Fergus McDonald/Getty Images)

US Weekly: Jesse James ‘has been really angry & mean’ to Sandra

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 06:36 AM PDT

wenn5536236
US Weekly has a new story this week about how Jesse is rubbing his romance with Kat Von D in Sandra’s face. We’ve heard this before from the tabloids, and frankly I think that Sandra’s team is encouraging Jesse to go out with Kat so that it looks like she’s well over him. I also believe, like Kaiser, that Kat is calling the paps on herself as she’s eager to soak up the publicity. US has a little more than the other gossip rags, though, and claims that Jesse is being a real bastard to Sandra and that he’s not even civil with her. That sounds likely. Here’s part of US’s report:

Locals can’t stand Jesse James
Even though James owns a motorcycle shop in the area and just moved into a $1.8 million house in Austin (so that his kids, Sunny, 6, Jesse Jr., 12, and Chandler, 16, could eb close to their future stepmom, says a source), locals aren’t exactly welcoming him with open arms. “If Jesse is coming to Texas now, Sandy might leave Austin for good,” frets the Bullock source. “Losing a gem like Sandy would be sad for the Lone Star State!”

Jesse is mean to Sandra
Not surprisingly, “things are really tense between Sandy and Jesse,” says a source. His rebound romance aside, “Jesse has been really angry. He’s mean to hear. They’re not on good terms.” Though she still sees his kids, “she does not see him,” says another insider. “She is still very bitter and has not forgiven him.”

[From US Weekly, print edition, September 20, 2010]

That sounds just like Jesse, to be angry and giving Sandra the cold shoulder for refusing to put up with the fact that he slept around with a bunch of skanks. It’s not like Sandra ever had a cross word to say about him to the press, either. He probably thinks she should be kissing his ass for bringing his kids to live near her, even though it was a lame attempt to get her to fall for his bullsh*t yet again. Now that she’s not playing his game any more, his true miserable self can come out, rage at the world, and get used by Kat Von D for some PR.

Oh and we already addressed the “Kat is pregnant, she has a bump” rumors, (which was denied by her rep to Gossip Cop) but I just wanted to add that she’s had that food bump for some time. I remember seeing photos of her in 2007 in which she was puffing out her stomach and pregnancy rumors followed. She made a joke on her show at the time that she was pregnant. It looks like she just gains weight in that area. She probably wore that tight Leger dress so that people would talk about her.

Photos are from 9/2 and 9/3/10. Credit: WENN.com
wenn29850031

wenn5536233

wenn5536245

Angelina Jolie compares the Pakistani floods to Hurricane Katrina

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 06:18 AM PDT

Pakistan's Prime Minister Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani presents a copy of the holy Quran to UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie at the Prime Minister's House, in Islamabad, Pakistan on September 8, 2010. Photo by Balkis Press/ABACAPRESS.COM Photo via Newscom

Angelina Jolie is still in Pakistan! Only she finally took off her Grim Reaper hijab and put on her beloved neutrals to meet with Pakistani prime minister. She's also still doing a massive amount of press while in-country. Most news agencies are claiming that the UNHCR is using Jolie to jumpstart a donation drive, and to bring an international media spotlight on Pakistan. Which… if the UNHCR planned it this way, good for them. After Jolie publicly condemned the burning of the Qu'ran yesterday, she's pretty much gotten the attention of every media outlet, gossip sites and legit news sources.

Here are some highlights of what she's spoken about thus far, plus video of her CNN interview yesterday, with CNN's Sanjay Gupta… it’s a really good piece. Angelina admits that she “doesn’t have a lot of friends” that can talk to about her UNHCR work:

On transparency: UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie said that transparency must for every government while most of the country trust on the government of Pakistan for the assistance of flood victims. She said that while addressing at a press conference here on Wednesday, and adding that "I never seen that type of flood in my life", its huge disaster.

On the UNHCR's work: "It is a unique example of generosity."

On Pakistan's history with refugees: “Over the last three decades, Pakistan has been very generous in hosting what continues to be the largest refugee population in the world. It is now the Pakistani people themselves who are in need of large-scale assistance."

On the conditions on the ground in the flood zone: “There was a small stream outside the broken homes. It was full of a mix of feces, flies, old shoes and old clothes that had been recently washed into the water."

On some of the people she had met: “The woman is so embarrassed with her situation, and the man spoke of the fact that he never felt in his lifetime he is ever going to be able to recuperate what he’s lost — that he would never again have nice things, he would never have a nice bed, a nice house. They lived in this place since 1972 and raised their children and their grandchildren there. And in a moment, a few hours, it was completely gone.” She said the area the couple lived in is now covered in mud and dirt, with feces in the fly-covered river nearby, all because of the floods. “It doesn’t have the dignity that they deserve to live in — anybody deserves to live in,” Jolie said.

On what has been lost for the Pakistanis: "It's clear this crisis is far from over. People have lost everything, their homes, their belongings, their crops and cattle, and their livelihoods. Long after the cameras have gone, people will be struggling to rebuild their lives."

On trauma-plagued Pakistan: "We must not forget flooding is not the only trauma plaguing this country. They are still rebuilding infrastructure from the earthquake of 2005. They continue to have large numbers of IDPs as a result of the conflict in the north, and host 1.7 million Afghan refugees who still need care and refuge as conflict continues in their homeland. And now, of course, the recent flooding and its aftermath already affecting millions and the looming threat of disease."

On focus being pulled from Pakistan: "One problem does not negate the other, one headline should not pull focus from the many complexities of the situation in Pakistan,” said the Goodwill Ambassador, stressing the need for continuing efforts to support those in need.

On people refusing to donate because of corruption fears: "I don't want some people to use it (corruption) as an excuse not to give assistance," Jolie told reporters at the UN refugee agency's Islamabad office. "I have seen what they have done in the field. I've physically seen people assisted, so if you are nervous about giving money directly in one way there are other ways to do it."

In the end, she has hope: “They are people. They are family, and lovely, lovely, hard-working people and beautiful children, and they deserve dignity and assistance, and we have to treat them with respect and try to preserve what we can of their livelihood and their future…I think we have no choice but to be optimistic and to have hope. I think without that, we are just lost, and things deteriorate.”

[From CNN, The Pakistani Daily Mail & The UNHCR Press Release]

This is just heartbreaking… the whole situation, the history Pakistan has with these natural disasters, the current situation and how it is crippling the country. It's also sad that it takes Angelina to really get the situation the kind of urgent, international media coverage.

The UNHCR Donation page is here - directs funds specifically to the UNHCR mission in Pakistan.

Angelina Jolie meets 64 year old Zenul Hawa at her flood damaged home in the village of Mohib Bandi, on the outskirts of Nowshera, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Her home was one of the first to be flooded, located just 200m from the banks of the Kabul River. Restriction applies: USA ONLY  Fame Pictures, Inc

Pakistan's Prime Minister Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani receives UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie at the Prime Minister's House, in Islamabad, Pakistan on September 8, 2010. Photo by Balkis Press/ABACAPRESS.COM Photo via Newscom

UN High Commissioner for Refugees (UNHCR) Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie arrives to meet Pakistan's Prime Minister Yusuf Raza Gilani (unseen) at the prime minister's residence in Islamabad, Pakistan on September 8, 2010. UPI/Hassan Ahmed Photo via Newscom

UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie is seen before a meeting with Pakistan's Prime Minister Yousuf Raza Gilani, at the Prime Minister's House, in Islamabad, Pakistan on September 8, 2010. Photo by Balkis Press/ABACAPRESS.COM Photo via Newscom

Angelina Jolie meets 64 year old Zenul Hawa at her flood damaged home in the village of Mohib Bandi, on the outskirts of Nowshera, Khyber Pakhtunkhwa. Her home was one of the first to be flooded, located just 200m from the banks of the Kabul River. Restriction applies: USA ONLY  Fame Pictures, Inc

UNHCR Goodwill Ambassador Angelina Jolie talks to local press during a press conference in Islamabad, Pakistan, on September 8, 2010. Photo by Tanner-UNHCR via Balkis Press/ABACAPRESS.COM Photo via Newscom

Lindsay Lohan will probably give her first interview to Oprah

Posted: 09 Sep 2010 05:41 AM PDT

fp_5696438_lohan_lindsay_fp5_090810

I hate to admit it, but I was wearing a variation on this outfit pretty much everyday back in the early and mid-1990s. Ripped jeans? Check. Blue flannel? Check. Thin white t-shirt over a black bra? Check. Black clogs? Check. In my defense, those were the days when flannel was the height of fashion - everything Seattle-related was cool, and personally, to this day I still appreciate the comfort of those looks. Also in my defense? I was a preteen and teen. Is Lindsay Lohan trying to bring break grunge? If she is, bless her heart. I would honestly welcome a grunge comeback - not so much the "not bathing" aspect - and I always bathed - but the comfort and ease of jeans and flannel. Of course, I never wore unflattering, cameltoe-enhancing skinny jeans with my flannel.

Anyway, you know how disappointed I've been that no tabloid has been publishing any of Lindsay Lohan's Crack Diaries or anything like that? What happened to the million-dollar pay-offs for her post-jail story? Well, it looks like Lindsay might have been holding out for the big one - and I'm not talking money. Radar reports that WHITE Oprah (copyright Michael K) and REAL Oprah are in talks for Lindsay's first television interview. Oh, White Oprah is loving this.

It looks like Lindsay Lohan is ready to tell her own story. RadarOnline.com has learned exclusively that the troubled Mean Girls star is currently in talks to appear on the Oprah Winfrey Show, which begins its final season on Monday, September 13.

While the deal has been finalized, a source says that talks between Lindsay and Oprah’s team are going well. The outcome is “looking very good” the source said.

“Things are heating up in a good way,” the source added. “Definitely some good conversations. We’re crossing our fingers it works out for Oprah’s last season.”

A source close to Lohan confirmed that the actress is currently weighing her options: “Several entities are being considered, and no decision has been made and won’t be for awhile.”

The Lohan source also said that the show initiated the talks with the actress’ team.

Since leaving treatment at the UCLA Medical Center at the end of August, Lohan has shied away from doing any press. Her last interview was with Vanity Fair, which was conducted shortly before she entered jail in July.

After 25 seasons, Winfrey’s last episode will air on September 9, 2011.

When contacted by RadarOnline.com, a rep for The Oprah Winfrey Show said, “nothing has been planned”; the spokesperson did not deny that talks are underway.

[From Radar]

Hide your ice cream cakes, your menthol cigarettes and your crack, Chicago! The Lohans are coming to town! You know Dina is trying to make this happen, and honestly, it's not the worst thing. Oprah surprised me with a few of her interviews this past season - especially the Rielle Hunter one, in which Oprah did maybe her finest work as an interviewer. She was judgy but not too much - she just let Crazy talk for itself, and Oprah would occasionally call Crazy on its bullsh-t. My fear is that Oprah would not call Lindsay out on her crackhead bullsh-t, but let's hope that White Oprah gets denied, and Real Oprah is all over that crackhead.

Also - one of you bitches egged Dina's house last night, according to TMZ. Good work.

40122, NEW YORK, NEW YORK - Monday May 3, 2010. Oprah Winfrey stops for a photograph as she makes her way from the Mark Hotel to the Costume Institute Gala at The Metropolitan Museum of Art in New York City. Photograph: PacificCoastNews.com

fp_5696481_lohan_lindsay_fp5_090810

lindsay_lohan_02_wenn2993301

Lindsay Lohan on Sept. 8, 2010. Credit: Fame & WENN.

No comments:

Post a Comment