Sunday, January 30, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Anne Hathaway in Marni: tragic or cute?

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 08:03 AM PST

fp_6644744_rij_rio_21_33

These are photos of Anne Hathaway at a press screening of Rio, an animated film where Anne did some voice work. It's not a premiere, it's a screening, so there was no need for Anne to get dressed up in her finest or anything. And maybe that's the problem - this is how Anne puts together a "casual" outfit. I mean… did Rachel Zoe pick this Marni top and bottom out for her? Or is this entirely Anne's doing? I really, really hate to think that she chose that sweater herself. It's like a crop-top '90s version of something Freddy Krueger would have worn. And the pants might have been cute… in a different situation. Like, without that sweater.

Still, I can't hate on Anne. She's beautiful and talented and she lets Rachel Zoe put her in the worst crap, which makes her accessible. I have high hopes for her and James Franco at the Oscars - as hosts, I think they'll end up surprising us all, and knocking it out of the park. Fingers crossed. Here are some of their cute promos:

fp_6644749_rij_rio_26_33

Photos courtesy of Fame.

NKOTB’s Jonathan Knight releases a great “coming out” statement

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 07:22 AM PST

wenn2187042

Last week, there was a minor tizzy when it seemed like '80s pop star Tiffany drunkenly outed her ex-boyfriend, New Kids On the Block's Jonathan Knight, on live television. Tiffany claimed that she and Jonathan has dated back in the day, "before" he was gay. This caused a stir, and many people were yelling at Tiffany for publicly outing a dude who hadn't really made any public statements on his sexuality. A few days after Tiffany's drunken outburst on Bravo, Jonathan Knight tweeted about the incident, in essence saying that Tiffany shouldn't worry and that everything was cool between them. Basically, he was a total gentleman, and he sounded like a really nice guy. In any case, the incident showed Jonathan that people are still interested in hearing about him, so he decided to clear up some matters about his sexuality in an exclamation-filled blog post:

“I have never been outed by anyone but myself! I did so almost twenty years ago. I never know that I would have to do it all over again publicly just because I reunited with NKOTB! I have lived my life very openly and have never hidden the fact that I am gay! Apparently the prerequiste to being a gay public figure is to appear on the cover of a magazine with the caption “I am gay”. I apologize for not doing so if this is what was expected! My belief is that you live your life by example, and not by a caption on a magazine! If there ever has been any confusion about my sexuality, then you are someone that doesn’t even know me!”

“I love living my life being open and honest, but at this time I choose not to discuss my private life any further! My fellow band members don’t discuss their private lives with their loved ones and I don’t feel that just because I am gay, I should have to discuss mine!”

[From Jonathan Knight's blog post, via Towleroad]

I write like this when I'm emailing friends. I'll glance over my email, and I'll release that every sentence is an exclamation (!!!!). As far as what Jonathan wrote… sure. I agree with him and applaud him. Not every gay celebrity needs the cover of People Magazine (“I’M GAY!!”) when they come out. It's clear that Jonathan has been out and proud for years, and it's his business. He isn't lying to anybody and he's not trying to sell an image of a heterosexual heartthrob for his fans. And by being so straight-forward while maintaining his privacy, I think he's probably earned himself even more fans.

wenn5138849

wenn1869862

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Mark Zuckerberg & Jesse Eisenberg come face-to-face on SNL

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 07:01 AM PST

zuck2

Last night, Oscar nominee Jesse Eisenberg was the host of Saturday Night Live. Jesse is now famous for playing Mark Zuckerberg in The Social Network, and SNL decided to have fun with it with the real Mark Zuckerberg. Oh, and Andy Samberg was there too, doing his surprisingly good Zuck impression. I have to admit - once all three Zuckerbergs were side-by-side, I kind of thought Andy was nailing the Zuck-muppet voice more than Jesse ever did in The Social Network.

It was cute. It was a good pop culture moment to have Jesse and Mark standing up there together. It was good to see that they are roughly the same height and that they do look similar - I always assumed Jesse was much shorter than the real Zuck, so that part surprised me.

Also: how big of a dork is Mark Zuckerberg? I mean, it's kind of charming and cute, but he's definitely not a "celebrity" and you can tell. And yes, I know he could buy and sell me. Like, a billion times over. Still, he's a dork. Dork Power!

As far as the rest of the show… eh. I only stayed up for like ten more minutes. I liked the balloon sketch!

zuck1

zuck3

zuck4

Screencaps courtesy of SNL.

Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr’s nursery is green, literally

Posted: 30 Jan 2011 06:30 AM PST

fp_5820738_ang_balenciaga_arrivefw_20_23

New parents Orlando Bloom and Miranda Kerr are known for their environmental activism. Orlando is involved with both UNICEF and Global Green, while Miranda has her own line of organic beauty products and gave birth to son Flynn without pain medications.

So it makes sense that the nursery for Flynn would be “green,” as in eco-friendly. But Mirlando have taken it a step further — the nursery is literally green.

Miranda Kerr and Orlando Bloom have spent the past few months renovating their home to make room for their new baby boy, Flynn!

“Miranda and Orlando have spent weeks decorating Flynn’s nursery, child-proofing and making it completely eco-friendly,” a source tells In Touch. “They painted it a pale green, and his mattress, blankets and clothes are all organic!”

[In Touch, print edition, February 7, 2011]

Orlando has taken a lengthy break from big Hollywood movies, playing supporting roles in independent films like Main Street and Sympathy for Delicious instead. But he will be back in blockbusters like The Three Musketeers (as the bad guy) and hopefully The Hobbit. He was also just announced as the lead in The Laureate, playing poet Robert Graves.

With her interest in health and beauty, Miranda should be back in bikinis for Victoria’s Secret soon too.

Their passion for the earth and interest in Buddhism are why these two seem to be a good match, and it’s nice to see them raising their son in the same way. But the Orly-loonie part of me is glad Orlando will be back on the big screen, especially as Legolas.

kerrbloom

fp_6604289_bloomorlando_babysister_fp7_23_581

fp_6604095_bloomorlando_babysister_fp7_09_581

Photos courtesy of Fame and Miranda’s blog.

No comments:

Post a Comment