Monday, January 17, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


First Listen: Jennifer Lopez, ‘Venus’ & ‘On The Floor’

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 01:31 PM PST

New American Idol judge and former pop superstar Jennifer Lopez has got some new tunes for us to listen to this fine weekend. J. Lo has recorded a cover of the classic song Venus (Shocking Blue, Bananarama) that will be used in a commercial for the Gillette company (who sell the Venus women’s razor). Additionally, a new song titled On the Floor (featuring Pitbull) has leaked its way to the Internets that gives us a taste of what her new album Love? will sound like. To be honest, both songs give me reasons to be very concerned.


OY! This song is cringe-worthy. I mean, I get that it’s a commercial jingle and not a real single but ugh, it’s bad. It sounds like a really shitty version of Bananarama‘s cover of the original Shocking Blue song. No, J. Lo … just no. Her new song On the Floor (Featuring Pitbull) sounds a bit better, but isn’t the smash hit single that she desperately needs:


I mean … the song is OK but it’s really nothing special. As I understand it, the song was produced by Red One and is set for official debut on Ryan Seacrest‘s radio show this coming week. I’m far from impressed but, well, there’s bound to be at least one hit on J. Lo‘s new album, right? Right? What do YOU think of these songs? Do you like either of them?

[Source, Source]

Cherry Pop-pin’ Daddies

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 01:18 PM PST

Yesterday was a pretty fantastic day here in SoCal. The 80 degree weather was so freaking amazing that I was inspired to do something that I have never done before. In the almost 5 years that I’ve lived in LA, I’ve never once set foot in Runyon Canyon Park to make the hike up the mountain. Despite the popularity (and relative ease) of the place, I’ve never wanted to make the trek … until yesterday.


I casually mentioned to David that we should go and he jumped on that moment of weakness and insisted that we go. I am so glad that we did … the weather was glorious and the hike was actually very fun. I don’t know that I’ll make a habit of hiking Runyon Canyon but we did have fun yesterday. As a treat, David took me to Amoeba Records in Hollywood, CA afterward so that I could get a few new records. I picked up Quiet Riot, Berlin, Missing Persons, Bon Jovi (Slippery When Wet AND New Jersey) each for about $4. Great score!!

Last night, after a bit of resting, David and I met up with our good friends Darion, David and his boyfriend Ray for a night of dancing at Cherry Pop! I was adamant that I had to dance to Britney Spears‘s Hold It Against Me and thanks to Darion, I got my wish last night:


As the night wore on, the song never came on … so Darion (with all of his charms) went up to the DJ and asked him to play the song for me for my 21st birthday. Voila! Best.Night.Ever.

Tonight, David and I are heading over to our friends Ollie and Caleb’s place to have a record party/Golden Globes/drinkfest. I hope your Sunday is just as rad as mine promises to be :) xo

Les News, 011611

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 01:04 PM PST

Gwyneth Paltrow Hosts ‘Saturday Night Live’

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 12:31 PM PST

On Friday we got to see the promo videos for this weekend’s episode of Saturday Night Live which was hosted by Gwyneth Paltrow and featured musical guest Cee Lo Green. Today we get to see some of the promo bumper photos of Gwyneth from last night’s ep along with the two skits that I think are worth seeing … unfortch, there wasn’t much else about the ep as a whole worth mentioning.


Gwyneth, for her part, was good. Much of the material, as usual, was not. But I did enjoy the Bar Mitzvah skit that featured Gwyneth doing her best Taylor Swift:


The Andy Samberg Digital Short was kinda cute, mainly because it featured Pee Wee Herman:


Yeah … that was pretty much it. Gwyneth did NOT duet with Cee Lo on his song Forget You … so … yeah. The ep was so meh, I can’t even tell you. Blah. But that’s just my opinion, what did YOU think?

[Source, Source]

Jared Leto Rocks The Pink Piggy Knit Hat RIGHT!

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 11:51 AM PST

Jared Leto, fresh from his 30 Seconds to Mars rock concert in Pomona, CA on Friday night, popped into Toast here in LA yesterday morning to grab some breakfast. For the outing, Jared rocked an adorable PINK PIGGY knit cap like nobody’s business.


Jared is one of those rare men who can wear something like this completely without apology and make the damn thing work. Naturally, he had to remove the hat for a bit to show off his PERFECTLY coiffed hair. You tell me, beloved readers … how is it possible that Leto can wear such a form-fitting hat like this and then take it off to reveal PERFECT HAIR?! The man is not human … a god among men … ageless, stylish, practically perfect in every way. Le sigh.

Now … where can I get me a hat like this? Anyone know?

[Photo credit: X17]

Jake Gyllenhaal Surfaces In West Hollywood

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 11:39 AM PST

When last we saw photos here on the blog of Jake Gyllenhaal out in the wild, he was riding the subway in NYC like a champ. Today we learn that Jakey poo has made his way here to SoCal and was spotted out and about yesterday morning in West Hollywood, CA grabbin’ some breakfast with an older woman (who doesn’t look to me like his mother). Might Jake have already found a replacement for Taylor Swift?


Okay, so mebbe Jake isn’t actually creepin’ with this lady … but I’m sure that will come of NO comfort to sad Taylor Swift who’s been lookin’ so bummed out since Jake dumped her. Oh Jake, you’re such a heartbreaker … such a hot and tasty heartbreaker. You cad you. Call me!

[Photo credit: X17]

Gwen Stefani & Her Boys Love Chuck E. Cheese’s

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 11:10 AM PST

While Britney Spears and her boys were lunching at McDonald’s yesterday afternoon, Gwen Stefani took her boys (all of them — hubby Gavin Rossdale and sons Kingston James McGregor & Zuma Nesta Rock) for an outing at their friendly neighborhood Chuck E. Cheese pizza place/arcade/playground. Naturally, Kingston was in one of his moods while Zuma was the picture of child perfection.


Kingston, who was actin’ saucy for the photogs (the little ham), was lookin’ just too cool for school yesterday. With his bleached hair, skinny jeans and purple fingernails, he was lookin’ more naturally hipster than the adults who try to look this cool in Brooklyn, NY and Silverlake, CA:


And yet, even as cool as Kingston is … he still ain’t too cool for Chuck E. Cheese. You gotta love that ;)

[Photo credit: X17]

‘Scream 4′ Releases A New Movie Trailer

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 10:16 AM PST

Back in October we got our first look at the first extended teaser trailer for the upcoming sequel film Scream 4 (due out in May) and today we get to take a gander at the newly released second trailer for the film. Scream fans, hold on your hats … er, ghostface killer masks … cuz this movie looks SO DAMN GOOOOD!


This trailer features the new kids on the block a little more than the first trailer did and it gives us a very good feel for what we can expect from the movie overall. I am DYING to see how Wes Craven updates the Scream formula for the iGeneration. You can see iPhones and fancy video cameras will be utilized a lot … I can’t wait to see how the know-it-all kids of today get skewered by the ghostface killer. And so, without further ado, here is the new trailer for Scream 4:


Man … if Gail Weathers gets offed, I’ll be pissed. As you may recall, Wes Craven divulged in a new interview that actress Courteney Cox was not on set very much, which implied to some that she may be killed off midway thru the film. In this trailer, you gotta admit, it doesn’t look good for our dear Gail. OY! May can’t get here fast enough for me … I am so amped to see this movie!! What do YOU think of this second trailer?

[Source]

Britney Spears & Her Boys Love McDonald’s

Posted: 16 Jan 2011 09:40 AM PST

While Britney Spears‘s HOT new single Hold It Against Me sits in the #1 spot here in the US (as well as atop the charts in 16 19 countries around the world), she and the main men in her life stepped out here in SoCal yesterday to enjoy a nice family outing at a local eatery. No, Britney and her beau Jason Trawick and eldest son Sean Preston weren’t seen at a fancy restaurant, they like to keep it real … at McDonald’s.


As a huge McDonald’s fan myself, I really love that Brit Brit likes to keep things as down to Earth and genuine as possible. It is always a pleasure to see her out and about but I love it most when Britters is seen at regular places like the mall, the nail salon or McD’s. My girl!! I really hope she got the 20 piece Chicken McNuggets cuz they’re on sale for $4.99. Dang, now I need to run out to McD’s myself to indulge ;)

[Photo credit: X17]

No comments:

Post a Comment