Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Robert Pattinson & Kristen Stewart Film ‘Breaking Dawn’ Reshoots In The Caribbean

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 05:00 PM PDT

Despite the fact that principal filming on The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn was completed last week, the film’s principal stars Kristen Stewart and Robert Pattinson found themselves recalled to the Caribbean so they could film a few reshoot scenes that didn’t turn out quite right the first time. Reshoots like this are totally normal and aren’t really cause for concern. What they are cause for is celebration … cuz R. Pattz had to get naked to the waist to film these new scenes. Action!!


As I understand it, this tropical locale was used the first time for Bella and Edward‘s saucy honeymoon scenes so … it looks like it was back to the sauciness for these reshoot scenes. I suppose the fact that Rob and Kristen are together romantically in real life means that this really wasn’t work so much as a way to get paid to get freaky together. I wonder if the couple’s real life love affair will make these fictional romance scenes look all the more real. I guess we’ll find out when The Twilight Saga: Breaking Dawn opens in theaters later this year ;)

[Source]

Gwen Stefani & Family Get Into The Easter Spirit At Grandma’s

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 04:00 PM PDT

Earlier today we got to see photos of Britney Spears‘s young sons Sean Preston and Jayden James partaking of a fun Easter egg hunt here in SoCal on Saturday and right now we learn that they weren’t the only celeb kids who got in on the Easter fun over the weekend. Gwen Stefani, hubby Gavin Rossdale and their sons Kingston James McGregor and Zuma Nesta Rock got themselves all dolled up in their Sunday best for a visit to Grandma’s house yesterday. Check out below how snazzy Kingston and Zuma looked in their dressy clothes.


It looks like Kingston was having a ball with his little Easter egg wand … tho, it might come as a surprise to learn that wands like the one he is playing with above were used in olden times in pagan Spring rituals to ask the gods for fertility blessings. Kids, these days. Little Zuma Nesta cuts a fine figure in his little suit, don’t he? These kids got mad style … it’s easy to see that they are well on their way to becoming superstars.

[Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin]

‘Transformers: Dark Of The Moon’ Releases A New Batch Of Promo Photos

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 03:00 PM PDT

Back in January we got a pretty good look at how the Decepticon Shockwave will look in the upcoming sequel film Transformers: Dark of the Moon when promo toys of the action figure were unveiled. Previously, we got to see what Shockwave‘s head would look like when the first teaser poster surfaced. Today we get to see Shockwave in a new promo poster just released for Dark of the Moon. Check out a bunch of promo posters and photos from the upcoming sequel film below.


The promo photo above of new Autobot Sentinal Prime has made its way online along with the new banner posters of Shockwave and Autobots Optimus Prime & Bumblebee:


I am REALLY counting on this next Transformers movie to be awesome. I’m going to pretend that the last film, Transformers: Rise of the Fallen, never happened. Thus far, I’m likin’ what I’m seein’ so … let’s keep hope alive.

[Source, Source]

Is Ryan Phillippe Ready To Retire From Acting?

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 02:00 PM PDT

Has the harsh glare of fame and fortune finally taken its toll on Ryan Phillippe? Ryan, who ironically plays a photojournalist in his new film, gave an interview to The New York Post where he reveals that the paparazzi attention that he gets on a constant basis is forcing him to consider retirement! Phillippe confesses that he’s not ready to quit Hollywood altogether but he might be interested in retiring as an actor so that he can work in the biz behind the scenes.

Ryan Phillippe says he wants to bow out of the harsh glare of acting and Los Angeles. Phillippe, who plays a photojournalist in “The Bang Bang Club,” griped about the paparazzi culture. “It’s so hard to go out in LA. I’m going to move,” he told us at La Bottega the other night. “I’m going to spend a third of my year in New York.” He said brokers have been showing him places in SoHo and, “I think I’m going to end my acting career. I’m so introverted. I’m ready to be behind the scenes. I’m 36, but I’ve been doing this for 20 years.” He said he is also tired of being tabloid fodder, probably because of his eventful love life. “I’m a good guy,” he pleaded to us at the Cinema Society after-party for his film. “I’m not that guy you read about.”

To be honest, this is the kind of attitude that I can respect. Celebrities tend to seek any sort of attention they can while they are up-and-coming but the moment they reach the levels of fame and fortune that they desperately want, they no longer want the attention they receive and then try and enjoy the perks of fame without the attention that comes along with it. Ryan seems to understand that if he wants out of the public eye, he needs to move toward a more behind-the-scenes role in Hollywood. I’d be very surprised if Phillippe ends up making good on this retirement from acting talk … but, then again, he really does value his privacy. What do y’all think? Is it a good idea for Ryan Phillippe to retire from acting? Would you be sad to see him go?

[Source]

Movie Review: ‘Water For Elephants’

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 12:44 PM PDT

For months I’ve been talking about the big screen adaptation of the novel Water for Elephants and this weekend the film finally opened in theaters. To be honest, despite the amount of time I spent blogging about the production and promotion of the film, I wasn’t really convinced that I would love the final product. Last night, David and I decided to see the film because it was the best option available … and while I was kinda, sorta interested in seeing it, I wasn’t all that excited. I am happy to report that I not only enjoyed the film, I actually really loved it!


For months, Pink readers have been advising me to read the novel but I never found the time to do so … having seen the film, I think I’m glad that I saw the film version first. I was expecting a schmaltzy film but not a truly emotional one … I was sucked in immediately. The character interaction is superb and the chemistry between Reese Witherspoon and Robert Pattinson is really fantastic. I believed the emotion that transpired between their two characters. The movie was endearing, entertaining, heartwarming and even exciting. I was gripped to the edge of my seat by the end of the film. Christoph Waltz plays an excellent villain … he really rounds out the cast very perfectly (but, without question, the scene stealer is Rosie the elephant). The opening sequence really threw me off … I thought I knew how the movie would end but I was pleasantly surprised. The film was shot so beautifully that I really forgot it was a period piece (which I normally hate). I’ve never really thought about circuses … never felt any allure toward them. Water for Elephants does a great job of romanticizing and exposing their cruelty all at the same time. If I were to compare the film to another that I was surprised that I loved, it would be The Notebook. If that film is something you enjoy watching, you will deffo love Water for Elephants. Did any of y’all watch the movie this weekend? What did you think?

Now … I think I’ll really have to read the book to find out what stuff got cut out of the final product ;)

Westward, HO!

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 12:23 PM PDT

Yesterday was pretty much a travel day for David and me so it wasn’t really all that exciting. After a quick Easter Egg hunt in the front yard of David’s parent’s home, we had to get our butts to the airport for our flight back to LA. Because we did have one stop on our journey, we couldn’t get home as quickly as we would’ve liked … but our layover in Cincinnati, OH did afford us a very nice Easter brunch surprise.


We found an Outback Steakhouse in the airport in Cincinnati and I was able to stuff my fave partake of a delicious plate of Aussie Cheese Fries (pronounced Aussie Chayze Froys) midway thru our journey home. Trust me … it helped make the day go by so much faster :)

We did get home early enough in the day here in LA so that we could go out for a bit … we ended up seeing a movie at the ArcLight (review forthcoming). As much fun as we had in NYC and CT all week long, nothing beats being home, sweet, home here in SoCal :)

Les News, 042511

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 12:00 PM PDT

First Look: Britney Spears, ‘Till The World Ends (The Femme Fatale Remix)’ Cover Artwork

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 11:35 AM PDT

On Friday we got our first listen of a SICK new remix of Britney Spears‘s new single Till The World Ends which features guest vocals by Nicki Minaj and Ke$ha. Today we get to check out the official single cover artwork for the track (which Britney shared on her official Twitter profile). In addition, I’d like to remind y’all that concert presale tickets start today for the first batch of Britney shows that will begin in June. Woot!!

@NickiMinaj @Keshasuxx Too much fierceness for one cover! Thanks for lending your voices girls… #TTWEREMIX -Brit

Meh … I’m not crazy about the cover but it’ll do. This remix was due to be released on iTunes today but, I understand, has been pushed back until tomorrow. Also today, the first batch of presale VIP tickets went on sale for some of Britney‘s tourdates this Summer. Here is a break-down of the VIP packages that are available:

Britney Spears Front Row Package:
* Front Row Ticket
* VIP Entrance
* Pre-show hospitality
* Autographed tour book
* Exclusive merchandise item
* Collectible laminate
* Crowd-free merchandise booth (where available)
* Onsite event management staff

Britney Spears Hospitality Package:
* Premium floor ticket – closest to main stage
* VIP Entrance
* Pre-show hospitality
* Exclusive merchandise item
* Collectible laminate
* Crowd-free merchandise booth (where available)
* Onsite event management staff

Britney Spears Gold Hot Ticket Package:
* Premium ticket
* Exclusive merchandise item
* Collectible laminate

Britney Spears Silver Hot Ticket Package:
* Premium ticket
* Exclusive merchandise item
* Collectible laminate

The Front Row tix are priced at $1000, the Hospitality tix in the $600 range, Gold tix in the $300 range and Silver in the $200 range (regular tix range from $29.50 to the $100 range). I managed to get some pretty good tix for both LA and Anaheim but I did not splurge for the $1000 a piece tickets. I love Britney but I just couldn’t justify spending $2k so that David and I could see her show from front row. We got 4th row and are just fine with that :)

New tunes, new tickets … it’s gonna be a fantastic Britney Spears Summer, y’all!!

[Source]

Jake Gyllenhaal’s College Yearbook Photo Hits The Internets

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 11:00 AM PDT

On Saturday we got our first look at Jake Gyllenhaal‘s completely SHAVED head as the began work on his new film End of Watch. Today, we get to see a cute photo of Jake with a full head of hair … back when he was a college student at Columbia. Jakey poo‘s college yearbook photo managed to make its way to the Internets, which you can check out below.


Aww … you can tell that Jake is younger in this photo … but he still looks relatively the same these days … er, except for the hair (or lack, thereof). This weekend, Jake ventured out in public and tried to keep his bald head out of sight by covering it with a baseball cap and hoodie:


But we’ve already seen his bald head so, the secret’s out. It’s possible that Jake was just trying to keep his head from sunburning so … perhaps he was just being smart about his UV protection. Young or older, shaved or not … I’ll take my Jake Gyllenhaal any which way. Wouldn’t you?

[Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin]

Britney Spears’s Sons Hunt For Easter Eggs

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 09:43 AM PDT

Britney Spears‘s young sons did a big of Easter egg hunting here in SoCal yesterday with their nanny and from the looks of the photos, it would seem that they had a great time. Sean Preston and Jayden James attended the Eggstravaganza event at Grape Arbor Park in Calabasas, CA on Saturday to get into the Easter spirit. Britney did not attend with them, presumably so that the kids could play without her drawing attention to their attendance.


My guess is that the boys got to spend yesterday with their mom … but got to play with other kids at the Easter egg hunt event at the park on Saturday. The boys got to play in the petting zoo and then were able to collect Easter eggs, candy, toys, etc. during the main event. So cute, right? These are fun photos … it looks like Britney‘s little chicks really did have themselves a great Easter weekend ;)

[Photo credit: X17]

The Cast Of ‘Glee’ Invade NYC

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 08:48 AM PDT

The cast of Glee have packed up their bags and have made their way from their homebase here in SoCal to New York City where the show will be filming all week one of if not the last episode of the season. As you may know, you faithful Gleeks, the New Directions Glee Club tends to yearly make the attempt to compete at nationals … and they never quite make it. Considering that this year, the cast is actually filming in NYC (at Lincoln Center, no less) I’m guessing our beloved Glee club will fare better in the competition. Glee stars Lea Michele and Cory Monteith have already been spotted filming in the city … check out below photos of the actors filming fun scenes around Times Square this weekend.

The cast of Glee is in the building. The production is in New York City starting today, filming the last couple of episodes of season two. According to this report, recent spoilers have the cast headed to Lincoln Center, but there’s more: Gleeks worldwide have gotten a hold of some new intel which suggests “a few alternate sites.”

That intel appears to be from signs posted for an “Untitled 20th Century Fox TV Project”—so fans of the show that want to get their stalk on, here are the spots you need to check out:

* 47th and 6th Avenue
* 62nd between Columbus and Broadway
* 51st and 8th/9th avenues
* 222 West 51st Street (where Good Day New York’s Julie Chang announced the cast will be at 4 p.m. today)

The cast will most likely be dressed like Midwest tourists (fitting since they’re from Lima, Ohio), as they were already caught wearing these matching New York City t-shirts. That’s including Cory Monteith, who Tweeted this morning, “the New York mashup we are doing today will probably make your head explode. so awesome” … For those Glee fans that don’t live in New York City: you are not alone—it seems many are finding some comfort in missing out over at Twitter, where #GleeInNYC is now trending nationwide…

Huh … I’m actually very surprised that Glee hasn’t filmed in NYC by now. I guess I never thought about it but now that the cast is filming in the city, it only makes sense. I’m sure we’ll be seeing a lot of fun photos of the Glee cast all over Manhattan filming scenes for the show. As I said, the fact that production of the show has moved all the way to the Big Apple means that the eps they film there should be pretty epic. Will New Directions finally win Nationals? I guess we’ll have to wait and see.

[Photo credit: Splash News; Source]

Paula Abdul Will Judge The US Version Of ‘The X Factor’

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 08:06 AM PDT

In March we learned that producer L.A. Reid had signed on to be one of the judges of the US version of The X Factor and earlier this month we learned that UK X Factor judge and popstar Cheryl Cole will reportedly be coming on board to judge the US version of the show as well. Today, in a new interview, we learn from X Factor creator/judge Simon Cowell himself that the former American Idol judge Paula Abdul will round out the judging panel as the final judge … that is if he gets his way. Apparently, the contract negotiations aren’t yet completed … but Simon wants Paula on X Factor and what Simon wants, he usually gets.

Cowell tells me that in addition to himself and Antonio "L.A." Reid, the chairman of Island Def Jam Music Group who resigned to join The X Factor panel on Fox (and about whom Simon said "was my No. 1 choice to sit alongside me on the show”), he has made up his mind to bring back Paula Abdul beside him and to add a Brit singer … who’s unknown to American audiences, Cheryl Cole. Of course, Cowell was once an unknown here, too. I understand from Cowell that negotiations for Abdul’s deal hasn’t even started and that Cole’s deal isn’t quite done yet. And of course, he could change his mind … “I’ve always wanted Paula. Always been very vocal about that. I missed her the second she left the show. Always loved working with her even though she can be a pain. And I’ve been consistent about this. I don't know what it is about her, but I’ve always clicked with her. You just have to get that chemistry, and she’s right. I’ve never found anyone better than her. I think there’s a good chance it will be her. We’ve agreed that we would meet as many people as possible, and now we’re reaching the deadline we’ve got to make the decision soon. But I think she’s got a really good shot.” But Cowell poo-poo’ed my suggestion that Abdul now may be too overexposed after serving as a judge on American Idol for 8 years … Simon and Abdul are close friends and he made no secret on and off Idol that he didn’t want her to leave and that he disliked her successors, Kara DioGuardi and Ellen DeGeneres.

Wow … I know there has been talk since the US version of X Factor was announced years ago that Simon would bring Paula on to be a judge on the show … but in all honesty, I never believed it. While I have no doubt that Simon and Paula are friends, I would’ve bet good money that his focus would be on finding a hot new judge. Bringing Cheryl Cole from the UK version of the show to the US version also seems like a wasted opportunity … but, then again, Cole is pretty unknown here in the US. I can’t help but have a soft spot in my heart for Paula Abdul (who I LOVED on a Britney Spears level back in high school) so it’ll be nice to see her reunited with Simon on The X Factor. Again, contracts haven’t yet been finalized so … anything could happen. Still, I think it’ll be very nice to see Paula back to work on a big show like this. What do y’all think … is Paula Abdul the right choice to judge The X Factor?

[Source]

David Beckham Plays Easter Bunny For His Family

Posted: 25 Apr 2011 07:32 AM PDT

Victoria Beckham shared a few fun photos from the Beckham family Easter celebration yesterday that revealed that hubby David Beckham is a secret plushie. That’s right … Becks got himself all dressed up as the Easter Bunny in a pretty serious-looking costume for a special Easter egg hunt for the family … and Vicki B. shared some of her personal photos with her peeps on her official Twitter profile. Check ‘em out below.

We are planning a big Easter egg hunt!!!Don’t know who enjoys it the most,me,David or the boys!!!!!x vb / Does anyone else find it odd that a giant bunny hops about delivering eggs????X vb / It should be the chick,no????x vb

Then she posted the caption, “Guess Who” along with the following photo:


Then VB shared a photo of the surprise that she found from the Easter Bunny while searching for eggs yesterday:

Look what the bunny left….golden eggs!!!!!! X vb

Er, except for the solid gold Easter eggs, it looks like the Beckham family enjoyed a fairly normal Easter together. I have to say … I love Vicki B. on Twitter. The sight of Becks in this bunny costume is just too much. I’ve never understood the whole plushie mentality of dressing up but … knowing that Becks is inside this costume, I think I get an inkling. HMMMM. Happy Easter from Les Beckhams!!

[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment