Thursday, November 25, 2010

Crushable

Crushable


10 Reasons To Be Thankful For Sex (College Candy)

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 09:32 AM PST

Am I Right Ladies? Happy Hunksgiving.

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 09:10 AM PST

Every week, Gail K. skewers advertising aimed at women with her quick wit, acidic tongue, and love for butter-products. This week: sexy, women-centric infomercials.

There's always room for dessert, am I right ladies? So slow down on the third glass of Merlot and make way for 5 helpings of thankfulness this
pie-gorging holiday. Join me in giving thanks for:

Naughty Brazilian Underwear Model With a Nice Body


Oh were it I that could be the little boy in this picture. A velvet red cap nestled on my luscious golden curls. Bright, shiny presents await me. All
mine, Mine, MINE! And lurking behind the doorway is my hunky second cousin related through marriage, of course, NOT by blood. He's waiting for my holiday joy to reach a quivering climax, and at that very moment he'll burst into the room and scoop me up into his muscled arms- socially acceptable. His toned quads will brace ever so slightly to lift me up- which I can enjoy knowing we don’t share the same DNA. His 8-pack of abs will clench tightly to support our collective weight. I can smell the nutmeg on his breath and feel the hot moisture on the small of my neck when he whispers "Merry Christmas" into my ear. Which is a natural thing to transpire between too people technically not related.
Anyway, that's just the peaceful meadow my mind wanders into when I look at it. It's kind of like a Rorschach if you think about it. What do you see?

Trashy Diesel Stunts

If stupid is the new smart, then call me UGLY for this photo from Diesel’s risqué romp through the New York Transportation Museum. Meaning I’m actually HOT. It sounds stupid, but it isn’t. Because it’s smart. And that’s how Diesel advertising works. Scenarios that look stupid, sound stupid, walk stupid and smell stupid are probably a duck. Get it? I don’t. I think that means the subliminal advertising is working. Or, I’m just mesmerized by 2 hunky crotches staring me square in the face. Or, I’ve killed another box of Franzia Rose. It’s like choose your own adventure, but sadder.

Men Who Get Eco-"friendly"

Special thanks to my niece (call me) in San Francisco for posting this ad for local business Ecohaus on her Tumblr, otherwise I may have never seen it. Now it's my desktop wallpaper!

But seriously, I'm such an engorged (Gailed It) fan of this campaign that I've sent numerous emails and letters to Ecohaus expressing my personal pride for their wood. Some have come back to my mailbox but like I've always said, today's handwritten "Return to Sender" is tomorrow's love note. It's like the outstanding Facebook friend request to my niece, how can I expect acceptance if I don't repeatedly send out the offer. Charlene, would it kill you to accept? Because it’s killing me, haha. We have fun.

Marc and his Jacobs

Sorry. I don't care what anyone says. This is not an advertisement for man perfume. This is an invitation. And God bless designer Marc Jacobs for taking the onus on himself to strip down, lube up and put a giant glass bottle on his crotch for the sake of the brand. I may not be able to fit
into any of his clothing, but I'm 73% confident I can find a way to slip in between those starry biceps. Bonus points for laying him the same bed of
foil I use to cook my personal Thanksgiving ham. Yum and yum.

Bang? Yes please.

Dancing Hugh Jackman

Shirts may be on in this Japanese fantasy folly, but all hats are off to Lipton Ice Tea for bringing a dancing HJ into my life.

Post from: Crushable

Am I Right Ladies? Happy Hunksgiving.

Gallery: Terrifying Thanksgiving Floats

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 09:45 AM PST

There’s nothing more exciting to children then Thanksgiving Day parades. Well, Christmas is probably better. And Halloween. And their birthdays. But other than those things, it’s 100 percent Thanksgiving floats!

  • ???
  • Spiderman
  • Clown and Flag
  • Harlequin Doll Float
  • Garfield
  • Kermit the Frog
  • Ronald McDonald

Post from: Crushable

Gallery: Terrifying Thanksgiving Floats

Best Thanksgiving Episodes On TV

Posted: 25 Nov 2010 06:05 AM PST

Ever since I was little, I’ve been confused by television holidays. I used to think Hollywood wasn’t on a five-hour time difference, but one that was five days off from my own. Why else would Halloween episodes pop up in mid-October, Thanksgiving and Christmas come one week apart, and reruns shown during actual holidays?

Of course, now I know better: even famous people have families, and are given breaks during the season. And even when Thanksgiving episodes of my favorite shows were shown November 19th, that didn’t decrease my love for Zach Morris or the holiday. Here are some of my favorite Thanksgiving-themed episodes to be savored post-feasting. Happy Thanksgiving everyone!


The Simpsons:
Homer’s Thanksgiving prayer in season 2’s Bart vs. Thanksgiving makes us thankful that this is one show that – like the holiday itself – only gets better with age. “And thank you for nuclear power, the cleanest, safest source of power there is. Besides solar power, which is just a pipe dream.”

Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Xander gets syphilis from a Native-American ghost tribe, and Anya declares the holiday an “animal sacrifice, with pie.” Episode also includes a shape-shifting Indian that pre-dated Twilight fever, as well as Spike’s immortal line, “You made a bear! Undo it!”


Saved By the Bell: College Years
: It’s a tradition in my family that whoever brings out the turkey gets to be dubbed, “Jonathan Brandis…from Seaquest!” R.I.P., bro. SbtB’s spin-off was pretty bad, but the Thanksgiving episodes rocked.

Post from: Crushable

Best Thanksgiving Episodes On TV

Thanksgiving Roundup: What To Read While Hiding From Your Family

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 01:49 PM PST

Welcome to Thanksgiving. Are you currently trying to hide from your family, claiming you’ve got “homework” or an urgent email to send? Well, we’ve got just the thing for you. A collection of Thanksgiving themed posts to distract you until dessert is ready. Enjoy!

First things first: Sam Sifton will be answering cooking questions all day long at The New York Times. His Thanksgiving 911 is always awesome. So tune in whenever you’re bored.

Your Thanksgiving Survival Guide: Vodka, Vodka, Vodka.

Check out The Awl’s Real American Thanksgiving Cookbook recipes.

A Guide To Spending Thanksgiving With Someone Else’s Family.

Illustrious Illustrations: The Web’s Most Awesome Hand Turkeys.

Thanksgiving: The Pot-Smoker’s Holiday

What To Wear To Avoid A Pat Down By The TSA.

5 Ways To Avoid Relatives' Nosy Questions

Advice: what to do when you're a Thanksgiving orphan

Post from: Crushable

Thanksgiving Roundup: What To Read While Hiding From Your Family

Parting Tweet: Jessica Stam's Dental Disaster

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 02:35 PM PST


Happy Thanksgiving Eve, everyone! We sincerely hope your turkey day goes a lot better than Jessica Stam’s. Not only will she have to skip the good stuff like stuffing and apple pie, but poor girl will have no excuse to pass on Grandma’s mushy marshmallowed sweet potatoes. Jessica: take some Tupperwear with you?

Post from: Crushable

Parting Tweet: Jessica Stam's Dental Disaster

Style Crush: Kate Middleton Makeup and Hair Shopping List

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 01:03 PM PST

The following is a guest post from our friends at Luckymag.com:

Trapped in a lurching van ferrying us from one product introduction to another (the days before Thanksgiving are taxing for the beauty editors of the world), we talked about the super-human discretion of Kate Middleton. How there’s never been a public discussion of any faults of Prince William or any of the royals (all of whom, we know, HAVE faults. Just ask the indiscreet ones!)

There’s also been no on-record (that I could find) discussion of the Kate beauty essentials.

But don’t you just love her look? Start with something navy. You’ll feel more British instantaneously, and I think navy is the royal-purple of the realway. Right?

Kate MIddleton 230.jpg

The next-most-essential product is Benefit Benetint, for the ultimate super-natural, English-rose, ultra-enthusiastic flush.

Kate is glossy and upscale but down to earth. And for that reason (and the fact that it’s the best ever mascara & has no parabens) I think Kiehl’s is the ultimate Kate mascara.

Bobbi Brown makeup in general is deeply Middletonian, I think. If she needed a bit of color or smoothing, she’d go for Brown’s The Balm tinted moisturizer, and if she was dressing up for a party, I think she’d dip into silver or plum (or both) eyeliner, also from Bobbi Brown.

Lips: I think she needs the YSL Gloss Volupte in every color and a tube of Rouge Coco Mademoiselle for every day.

The hair is about volume and shine. Because she can definitely afford it, I think Philip B. Russian Amber, the jillion-dollar miracle shine, volume and everything else shampoo.

Then Fekkai Glossing conditioner. And Aveda Brilliant.

Want more style tips from Lucky? Try these:

Taylor Swift’s New (More Sophisticated?) Look

Growing Out a Pixie? Styling Cues From Carey Mulligan

Photo: Brides.com

Post from: Crushable

Style Crush: Kate Middleton Makeup and Hair Shopping List

Michael Pitt, What Are You Wearing?

Posted: 24 Nov 2010 12:26 PM PST

(This is a new feature in which we dissect the outfits of Michael Pitt like an overly enthusiastic sixth-grader would a frog dripping with designer formaldehyde.)

You know how sometimes you’re on the bus late at night and you take a seat in the corner next to a guy who seems kind of fancy in a suit and then you look more closely and realize the suit’s way too big for him and none of the pieces match and instead of, like, loafers he’s wearing dirty boots with broken shoelaces, and then you catch a whiff of fried chicken and look down at his lap where a plastic container of mashed potatoes and dark meat is slowly going bad, but the guy’s not eating any of it because he’s asleep or mostly asleep or going through the motions of falling asleep and then waking up over and over again, and you realize the dude is totally nodded out on heroin, and it clicks that this guy is on his way back from meeting with like his parole officer or some government agency, so he’d cleaned himself up, put on his nicest clothes, got through the meeting and then promptly went and scored more drugs, but before shooting up he thought he’d try and get a meal in but he didn’t even make it to a single bite, and then, suddenly, you get super depressed about every single thing in the world?

That’s the vibe Michael Pitt was channeling at Hollywood’s Chateau Marmont the other night. It’s what we’ve decided to call “welfare chic” — but you know those glasses cost several thousand dollars and Michael has 15 different versions of those exact black boots sitting in his closet at home, each perfectly tarnished and scuffed, without a single drop of fried chicken grease on any of them.

Post from: Crushable

Michael Pitt, What Are You Wearing?

Posted:

Post from: Crushable

Posted:

Post from: Crushable

No comments:

Post a Comment