Monday, November 29, 2010

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Neil Patrick Harris & David Burtka Love ‘Cinderella’

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 12:54 PM PST

New dads Neil Patrick Harris and David Burtka were among the celebs in attendance at an opening event at the El Portal Theatre in North Hollywood, CA last night for the opening of a pantomime version of Cinderella. For those of you who don’t know, a pantomime is a British show that is traditionally performed around Xmas and usually transcends the fourth wall and encourages interaction with the audience. Clearly, NPH and David were cool with leaving their newborn twin babies at home so that they could enjoy a night out at the theater together:


It turns out that Neil was one of the casting judges who helped select the cast of this production so I’m sure he was excited to see fruits of his labor. I wouldn’t count on getting to see NPH and David‘s babies anytime soon … the couple are notoriously private about their personal life … so I guess we’ll just have to content ourselves with photos of the hot DILFs themselves.

[Photo credit: Wireimage]

Ok Go Is So Damn Hot

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 12:39 PM PST

Despite the fact that I started to come down with symptoms of the flu yesterday, I did my best to battle them back all day long with meds, liquids and sleep so that I could make my way out to Club Nokia to see Ok Go in concert. David returned home from back East last night so I picked up up from the airport and we made our way straight to the venue to see the show:


If you can believe it, part of the concert was presented in 3D. I mean, yes the whole show was in actual 3D but Ok Go showed some video footage in 3D that could be seen properly with 3D glasses … so fun! After the jump, check out a few photos that I snapped at the show lat night …


I always forget how much I love Ok Go live in concert until I see them in concert and go DAMN! I LOVE OK GO IN CONCERT! I first saw the band live back in 2004 and have seen them a few times since over the years. They were really fantastic last night, lots of fun surprises, great video vignettes, a whole lotta confetti/lasers/lights and of course the best music ever. Because I wasn’t feeling too hot, I almost skipped the show … thankfully, I did not. I had a blast … David and I both did :D

Today, tho, I’m still not feeling so hot. I’m gonna try and rest up for much of the day so that David and I can double date with Emma and Josh later tonight to see Tangled. I hope your Sunday is a fun, symptom free day!

Les News, 112810

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 12:27 PM PST

Hot Dude Of The Week: Arthur Sales

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 12:14 PM PST

It is time to say hello to the Hot Dude of the Week. Temps have fallen considerably all over the country here in the US as we near the final month of the year so I thought it would be fun to meet one of the Boys of Summer who might remind us of happier, warmer Summer days. Today’s specimen of man was photographed by Marcelo Krasilcic. Meet sufer boy Arthur Sales:


I’m not sure what it is about a guy in a rubber wet suit that is so appealing but I can totally dig a hot guy with a surf board. Altho it’s chilly outside, we can look back and remember the warmer Summer days when Hot Dudes like Arthur here reigned supreme at the beaches. It may be quite some time before we get to enjoy surfer dudes in the flesh but at least we have photos like these (along with our memories) to keep us warm thru the cold Winter months.

[Photo credit: Marcelo Krasilcic; Source]

Jude Law & Sienna Miller Bundle Up, Go Out In London

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 12:02 PM PST

It’s been a while since we last saw lovebirds Jude Law and Sienna Miller out and about together in public but the pair have finally made a public appearance together in London this weekend. When last we saw the couple, it was September and Jude was taking his newly regrown Jude’stache out for a spin. Today we see that the Jude’stache is still in full effect and that JuSie were all bundled up this weekend to brave the cold London temperatures:

Most celebrities wouldn’t step out wearing the same piece of clothing more than once. But Sienna Miller obviously appreciates the benefits of a warm coat, recycling her favourite red tweed jacket with oversized fur trimming as she braved London’s cold streets last night. Fiancée Jude Law kept warm with some fluff of his own – he has grown an eye-catching moustache, ready to reprise his role as Dr Watson in Guy Richie’s second Sherlock Holmes movie. The couple headed out of the Groucho private members club in the early hours of this morning. Sienna, 28, first wore her jacket a couple of weeks ago as she boarded a flight at London’s Heathrow Airport. Both Jude and SIenna appeared to have had an enjoyable night. The couple pulled funny faces and giggled to each other while dashing to a waiting car as they left the famous London club.

I’m just gonna assume that Sienna‘s coat is faux and not digress too much. I’m also gonna assume that Jude and Sienna are gonna get seriously serious in 2011. Mark my words, these two will advance their relationship significantly in the next 12 months. That is all.

[Source]

Joss Whedon Explains Why He Left TV For Film

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 10:48 AM PST

Last Monday we heard the HORRID news that plans are moving forward to reboot Buffy the Vampire Slayer without Joss Whedon‘s support, input or blessing. A day later, Whedon himself went on the record to voice his displeasure at hearing the Buffy reboot news and reiterate how much he is AGAINST plans for a new Buffy movie. Today we get to hear from Joss again but this new interview with SciFiNow magazine has NOTHING at all to do with the Buffy reboot, instead he talks about his other creations Firefly and Dollhouse and he explains why he’s no longer (at least for now) interested in working in TV:

On Dollhouse and Firefly: "The situation with Firefly was that I always knew exactly what I was doing and Fox was ignorant… The situation with Dollhouse was that Fox was trying to get it, but we had come at two different shows, we had done that accidentally, and it got to a point where I didn't know what I was trying to accomplish, and you can't go into a story room with that feeling, because it's already really hard. I remember thinking this is the difference between this and Firefly, because with Firefly, I knew, and here, now I'm not even sure. I was just thinking, 'I'm writing a shoot-out on a dock – I'm a whore.' They're like, 'No, that doesn't make you a whore,' and I'm, like, 'I'm fairly certain it does!' They explained that, actually, having sex for money makes you a whore. But I also did that."

On Dollhouse in retrospect: "It accomplished some of the things I wanted to accomplish. The questions of identity and humanity I thought were out there front and centre, and I've heard people respond really well to that, and I've heard people say the show even helped them. I never conceived of a more pure journey from helplessness to power, which is what I always write about, and in that sense I feel we accomplished a lot of it. I do feel that part of what we tried to get at kind of got taken out at the beginning – and it really was more important to how the show would work than I even realised when they took it out – which was sex. The show was supposed to be, on some level, a celebration of perversion, as something that makes us unique. Sort of our hidden selves … I feel when we had to take sex out of the equation, it became kind of a joke or almost unsettling. Because we couldn't hit it head on – and so much of our identity is wrapped up in our sexuality, and this is something Eliza [Dushku] was talking to me about, as something she wanted to examine before I even came up with the idea, and to have that sort of excised and marginalised and sanitised, and not to be able to hit on the head what they were doing, made the show a little bit limited and a little bit creepy at times. I think we still did some fairly out-there stuff, and I'm proud of what we did, given the circumstances, but with those circumstances, it was never really going to happen the way it should have."

I can’t even imagine how awesome a Joss Whedon project would be on TV if the powers that be would actually let him do the things he wants to do unfettered and uncensored … but, alas, we may never find out. Whedon‘s interview goes on to discuss why he’s not really interested in working on TV anymore. Read those excerpts, after the jump …

On leaving television for The Avengers: "I think I already had left television. The plan had been to dive into the world of self-produced, internet, tiny stuff, which my wife was very excited about – I mean it, she said, 'I've been waiting my entire life for you to do this' – and then I turned around and said, 'I'm doing the opposite' and she said, 'Great, okay!' She's good that way. Obviously there were basically two roads we talked about – one was a huge project that needs a total re-write that you can walk into and make, but there's no reason to think that that would ever happen. And the other is self-producing stuff, either having something really big or really small, but not trying to truck down the middle road where you have all the interference of a big project, and the feeling of a small project. It's more about doing it by the seat of your pants, but definitely one or the other. It doesn't mean I won't be doing TV forever, it just means it's time to do something else."

I really REALLY want Joss Whedon to have huge success with The Avengers because it sounds like he’s got a lot of license to do exactly what he wants to do with the story. If Whedon can prove to be a box office hit then it *may* give him more clout to tell his stories, his way in any medium he chooses. I just love his work … Buffy the Vampire Slayer, most of all (which is why the reboot angers me so much but I shant get into that again right now). With mega success comes power … I would LOVE for Joss to attain the kind of power that would allow him to bless us with his genius in his own way … here’s hoping. Whedon‘s full interview with SciFiNow magazine is available in Issue No. 46 (which, I believe, is only available in the UK) — check it out if you can.

[Source]

Jake Gyllenhaal & Taylor Swift Grab Coffee Together In Nashville

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 10:13 AM PST

Yesterday I posted a newslink about a rumored coffee date in Brooklyn, NY shared by Jake Gyllenhaal and Taylor Swift … a date that I tried not to think about too much despite all the reported details of the encounter. THEN … ugh … then, a new photo made its way to Twitter that showed Jake and Taylor on another coffee date, this time in Nashville, TN! Blah … not only are Jake and Taylor happily grabbing coffee together but they are doing so IN DIFFERENT STATES! UGH! Here is the offending photo and the new deets of this new coffee date:

Two days after enjoying maple lattes together in Brooklyn, N.Y., on Thanksgiving, Swift and Gyllenhaal popped up in the singer’s hometown of Nashville. On Saturday afternoon, the couple were spotted getting a late breakfast at Fido, a coffeehouse and café near Vanderbilt University and Music Row. “They were smiling and laughing. They were talking a lot and enjoying each other’s company,” fellow diner Elaina Mishu tells PEOPLE. “They didn’t look like [just] friends.” Customer Emma Rice, who snapped a photo of the pair, calls the duo “very cute” and says, “They seemed close.”

What.The.Effing.EFF?!?!? You may recall that we first saw Jake and Taylor together last month when they went apple picking together in NY with friends. Now they’ve moved on to coffee dates? FML! I’m hearing reports that the couple, who refuse to talk about this new “relationship” in interviews, are not at all shy about hiding their affection for one another when they are out together in public. I can’t even … I just don’t get it. I mean, I totally get what she sees in him … but really Jake? Are you kidding me here? OY! I’m not sure how much more of this my frail little heart (and stomach) can take.

[Source]

Lindsay Lohan Does Some Outlet Xmas Shopping

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 09:49 AM PST

After spending the day in LA with her father and friends for Thanksgiving last Thursday, Lindsay Lohan was required to get back to her Sober Living residence in Rancho Mirage, CA in order to spend the rest of the weekend in rehab … well, not the entire weekend. Lindsay was given leave of the Betty Ford Center so that she could indulge in a bit of shopping at an outlet mall near the rehab center. But lest you think Lindsay was doing some selfish shopping for herself at the Zales and Prada outlet stores, let me inform you that she was doing some selfless outlet shopping for others:

Lindsay Lohan is a day late on Black Friday — she hit up an outlet mall [Saturday] located about 30 miles west of the Betty Ford Center. Our spy says Lindsay hit up a few stores — Gucci and Michael Kors among them. But sources close to LiLo tell us she wasn’t shopping for herself … she was Xmas shopping for friends and family. ‘Tis always better to give than receive.

C’mon, y’all … it’s not hard to believe that Lindsay was doing all this outlet shopping for family and friends, after all she was shopping at an outlet mall. While I’m certain that Lindsay has a very generous and giving spirit, it would make sense that L. Lo (whose funds are reportedly very depleted right now) would resort to bargain shopping for the holidays. I’m guessing she’s saving the bigger ticket items from this season, available at the actual Gucci, Prada, etc. stores for herself. Still, I suppose it’s very nice that Lindsay took some time out of her bizzy rehabbing schedule to get out the confines of her Sober Living facility so that she could shop for others.

[Photo credit: X17; Source]

First Look: Michael Jackson, ‘Hold My Hand’

Posted: 28 Nov 2010 09:12 AM PST

A couple weeks ago we got our first listen of Michael Jackson‘s new single Hold My Hand (an unfinished duet she recorded with Akon before his death in 2009) and today we get our first look at the music video for that song in photos taken from the set of the video set. TMZ reports that the video, which was filmed here in SoCal last weekend, will feature a group of Michael Jackson fans and one mini Michael Jackson impersonator … behold:

The music video for Michael Jackson’s song with Akon features dozens of extras … but only one of them is a pint-sized version of MJ. TMZ obtained video and photos taken last week from the set of the video for “Hold My Hand.” One Jackson fan was featured doing a few of MJ’s famous dance moves. You can hear another fan say about the kid, “That there is the opportunity of a lifetime.” As we first reported, a group of MJ fans were recruited to walk into an open airport hangar — meant to symbolize “walking into the light”. A source on the set told us the director was telling people the video would air on ABC on December 6.

Thus far there has been no official confirmation of the music video’s release but a December 6 release would work pretty well ahead of the scheduled December 14 release of the album Michael. After the jump, check out a few photos obtained by TMZ of some of the other MJ fans that will be featured in the video …


I imagine that it would be the honor of a lifetime to be featured in a Michael Jackson music video, even after his death. I’m curious to see how this video will turn out … especially in light of how the song sounds. Let’s keep our peepers peeped on December 6 to see if that is the actual music video release day.

[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment