Tuesday, April 12, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


Robin Wright’s white, skinny-pantsuit: gorgeous or not so much?

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 08:31 AM PDT

the_conspirator_24_wenn3291585

Last night was the New York premiere of The Conspirator, after this past weekend's Washington, D.C. premiere. Robin Wright, the star of the film (she plays Mary Surratt), is going though a skinny-pantsuit phase. I didn't care for yesterday's funky gray suit, but I'm kind of liking this white Julien Macdonald one. The jacket is awesome, but the pants… well, I'm not a skinny pants person. I would enjoy seeing this suit with straight-leg pants. But as for Robin's face… it's exquisite. Just gorgeous. And I love that it looks real and untouched.

fp_7144932_conspirators_nyc_11_22

fp_7144934_conspirators_nyc_13_22

Alexis Bledel wore Oscar de la Renta. I know some of you like her, but to me she's just a boring chick in a boring dress. If you'd like to see photos of Evan Rachel Wood's premiere dress, go here.

fp_7144923_conspirators_nyc_02_22

And lastly, my lover James McAvoy, wearing THE SAME PANTS. The same pants as the previous premiere, the same pants he's been wearing for every public appearance for months. The boy is cheap, and he LOVES those pants.

fp_7144924_conspirators_nyc_03_22

the_conspirator_26_wenn3291587

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

Zach Galifianakis covers GQ, claims Kermit the Frog is condescending in real life

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 08:01 AM PDT

gq_cv_noupc_low-res

Zach Galifianakis is the cover boy for the May issue of GQ, all to promote The Hangover 2. You can read an excerpt of the piece here, at GQ - to read the full piece, you have to subscribe online or buy the magazine. The nice GQ lady sent me the piece to review, though, and it's pretty funny. Instead of a standard-issue Q & A, they made Zach do a fill-in-the-blank style questionnaire. There are a few particularly hilarious moments (Zach's answers are in all-caps):

Zach Galifianakis is everywhere: on the internet with Between Two Ferns; on HBO with a recurring role in Bored to Death; on network television as two-time host of SNL; even in the English lexicon, since his character in The Hangover did no less than redefine the pronunciation of the word retard. He returns to the big screen this May with a reprisal of that role in The Hangover Part II, but first, Zach G took a few minutes to help us solve some of the world’s most pressing problems, by way of fill-in-the-blanks. For instance:

“Personally, I think Sarah Palin is MARKETABLE and I would like to BUY her.”

I also got to meet KERMIT THE FROG. He was a much bigger FROG that you'd expect. The biggest downside was he is CONDESCENDING IN REAL LIFE.

We shot [The Hangover II] in Thailand which is fun because there you can GET INTO FIGHTS WITH PACKS OF STRAY DOGS.

People should know that global warming is caused by RUSH LIMBAUGH'S FARTS. So our response should be to mandate that HE LIVE IN A SUBMARINE OFF THE COAST OF FLORIDA.

I would be a very good dad, the kind where people would say, "That's Zach Junior; his dad is the one who SPANKS ALL THE CHILDREN BUT HIS OWN."

[From GQ]

Okay, I just spent way too much time reading that and laughing. I normally don't even find Zach that funny, but this morning he's just cracking me up. Speaking of, how AMAZING is this photo?

0511-gq-zg01_logo

Photos courtesy of GQ.

Brangelina, Johnny Depp officially confirmed for the Cannes Film Festival

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 07:36 AM PDT

wenn5298877

I thought I had heard a rumor that this might be the first Brangelina-less Cannes Film Festival in five years, but thank God it's not true. While Brad's latest film, the Terrence Malick-directed Tree of Life - isn't up for competition for the Palme d'Or, the film is going to get a major premiere and roll-out at the festival. And as for Angelina - well, she will likely be giving interviews too, because scenes from Kung Fu Panda 2 will also be getting a screening. Yay! Brangelina on the red carpet!

Cue the paparazzi: Cinema’s rite of spring – the Cannes Film Festival – will feature an all-star cast, as will be officially announced on Thursday. But, for now, PEOPLE has learned that fans can expect to find Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, Johnny Depp and Vanessa Paradis, Penélope Cruz and Javier Bardem, as well as Sean Penn and Scarlett Johansson sharing the spotlight along the Croisette from May 11 through 22.

In addition, invitations to the 64th Cannes Fest are also out to Rolling Stone Keith Richards, Madonna, Jack Black and France’s First Lady, Carla Bruni, who happens to be making her acting debut in a Woody Allen movie.

One thing is already for certain: Robert DeNiro will be sticking around the entire fest – he is the head of the jury that hands out the prizes.

Topping the list of premieres is the multi-generational saga Tree of Life, starring Pitt and Penn and directed by the highly regarded Terence Malick (Badlands, Days of Heaven). Pitt will no doubt remain in the South of France during the first half of the festival, which will also bring a sneak peek of Kung Fu Panda 2, featuring the voice of Jolie, as well as that of Dustin Hoffman and Jack Black.

Depp’s appearance is keyed to a world premiere, that of Pirates of The Caribbean: On Stranger Tides, which marks the return of Jack Sparrow. Cruz is among the costars.

The festival’s previously announced Opening Selection, Woody Allen’s Midnight in Paris, will bring to Cannes cast members Rachel McAdams, Michael Sheen, Owen Wilson, Kathy Bates, Adrien Brody and, it is anticipated, Marion Cotillard, though she is due to give birth at the end of April.

Also on the agenda: a special tribute to the late Elizabeth Taylor, whose amFAR event to benefit her AIDS foundation has become an annual Cannes event.

[From People]

Tree of Life is also supposed to be getting a big, splashy London premiere on May 4, but who knows if that date was set before the Cannes date? My guess is that the big premiere will be for the world's media at Cannes, and then they'll go directly to London for another big premiere. I'm seriously excited about this, even though I think Tree of Life looks like artsy BS. Oh, HOLD UP. Sean Penn is in Tree of Life too! Do you think Sean will bring his young lover Scarlett Johansson to the event so we can have a glittery sack fashion faceoff between ScarJo and Angelina? Oh, this makes my day!

wenn5140691

wenn1331387

wenn1868462

wenn1356785

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Usher is firing his entire management team after putting his gf in charge, yet again

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 07:28 AM PDT

fp_6774969_ang_usher_concer
Kaiser and I were wondering if anyone would care about this story, since Usher usually doesn’t get a lot of headlines. I wanted to report on it, because it points to a very clear and very dumb pattern with a guy who is a platinum recording artist and otherwise a savvy businessman. He made Justin Bieber a household name, and as annoying as that kid is you have to admit that Usher was smart for signing him.

For background - Usher fired his mom as his manager in 2007, supposedly at the direction of his then-fiance, Tameka Foster, and hired Benny Medina. Things were so strained between Usher and his mom that his mom didn’t even come to his wedding with Tameka in the summer of ‘07. Those two were over about a year later anyway, so Usher rehired his mom in ‘08 and finally officially divorced Tameka in the summer of ‘09. He then predictably fired his mom again around that time at the direction of his latest girlfriend, (you can see a photo of her here and here) who stepped in as his co-manager and is now reportedly trying to convince him to fire his entire management team and basically everyone who works for him.

The R&B singer is currently dating his co-manager and stylist Grace Miguel, a 43-year-old former Def Jam executive who was spotted with Usher mere months after he split from his ex-wife Tameka Foster.

But according to NY Post’s Page Six, Miguel is calling all the shots. The seasoned pro, who helped Usher secure a release date for his latest studio release ‘Raymond v. Raymond,’ is trying to convince him to fire his entire staff including tour managers, stylists and choreographers, with plans to replace them with a whole new team.

Sources close to the action claim that “Usher will do whatever she wants him [to] do right now.”

Already on the chopping block is his longtime agent, Mark Cheatham of Creative Artists Agency, who supposedly got the boot from Miguel. “I don’t know anything about it. I’ve been with Usher for a long time,” he explained, though the R&B singer is now missing from the agency’s client roster.

Usher and Miguel have been a hot item as far back as 2009. After filing for divorce from his 40-year-old ex-wife Foster, the 30-year-old [sic: Usher is 32] went public with his relationship with Miguel, who signed on as his co-manager after he gave his mother the boot from the position.

[From Popeater]

So Usher either has his momma or his older girlfriend telling him what to do and running the show for him. His last relationship, with Foster, went down in flames and this one is going to burn out soon too. He wants someone to run his life and make decisions for him until he ends up feeling controlled and rebelling. The guy needs therapy to work out some obvious issues with his mother. I’m sure he’ll rehire her as his manager again once this new relationship inevitably goes south. Then he’ll write another album about it and make millions.

Usher is shown out in his blue hightops in NY on 4/8/11. I’m pretty sure that’s his girlfriend in the background to the right. He’s also shown performing in Paris on 2/15/11. Look at that scraggly excuse for a beard. Credit: Fame Pictures

fp_7128451_barm_usher_02_05

fp_7128450_barm_usher_01_05

fp_7128449_barm_usher_00_05

fp_6774963_ang_usher_concer

Tina Fey flaunts her baby bump, will host the Mother’s Day SNL episode

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 06:57 AM PDT

fp_7145501_fey_tina_cjny_06_07

These are some new photos of Tina Fey exiting the Ed Sullivan Theatre last night after taping a show with David Letterman. These are the first photos I've seen where Tina's bump is really obvious. I'm really happy for her - she's got it all! Happily married, one happy, healthy daughter and another baby on the way, a great career in television and film, and now a bestselling book, Bossypants. How does Tina juggle it all? As it Fey reminds the reader time and time again in Bossypants, not well. Apparently, there's even a charming story about Oprah telling Tina that she shouldn't be over-scheduling so much.

It's also just been announced that Tina is going to host Saturday Night Live yet again - she'll be the host for the May 7, the day before Mother's Day. It should be a good one - Tina always gets the best writing when she's on.

In other Fey news, a few days ago, (female) writer Curtis Sittenfeld wrote a piece for The New York Times about Tina Fey's "place in the sisterhood" and whether or not Tina's "girly" hilarity compares to the more traditional male-dominated humor-industrial complex. It's an interesting piece, and worth a read if you like reading feminist essays about Tina Fey's feminism. You can read it here.

fp_7144562_feytina_babybump_aar_07_09

fp_7144038_feytina_babybump_aar_03_09

Photos courtesy of Fame.

Britney’s old vs. new choreography: fair comparison or leave Britney alone?

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 06:21 AM PDT


So Britney Spears is attempting yet another comeback, and while her music is (arguably) just as good (she’s certainly churning out the hits again, as she did in 2009) her stage presence just isn’t what it once was. Kaiser and I were e-mailing about this, and she said it’s kind of mean to point out how much Britney has changed, since she’s heavily medicated this time around. I think it’s to be expected and is fair, especially since Britney is putting on nationally televised concerts and is embarking on another tour. She’s just not bringing it like she used to, and if Madonna can put on a big tour and work it at over 50, Britney can bring a little more enthusiasm to her shows at under-30.

PopDust put together the above video of Britney performing in the past vs. now. As Popeater points out, it’s not like Britney is as bad as she was at the 2007 VMAs, but the difference is very noticeable. She’s always lipsynched, but she used to put on a better show and she used to really dance. It just makes you question whether this latest tour is her idea, or whether she’s being pushed to perform, yet again, by a large team of people who rely on her to bring in the money. I think the answer is clear.

britneys

Gerard Butler had another brief affair with a Bollywood star

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 06:17 AM PDT

wenn3169393

Gerard Butler is down with Indian girls. I've known this for a while, ever since he made an international booty call to get into Bollywood star Priyanka Chopra's pants (sari). He's also taken a few vacations in India, for what I presume are all-you-can-eat Bollywood Biscuit-fests. So… I'm just saying, Gerard is making his way to me. It's going to happen at some point. Yes, it will likely be a one night stand, and chances are that Gerard won't actually propose to me (sob!), but it will happen. But for now, he's still trying to find me. And by "find me" I mean "nail another Indian chick."

Bollywood actress Kangana Ranaut [sic] and Hollywood actor Gerard Butler had a meeting in the US recently but the actress managed to keep it under the wraps. Until now, that is. The story behind the meeting goes like this: Kangna Ranaut, who had previously crossed eyes with the sexy Gerard at a Bollywood party in India a couple of years back, texted Gerard when she was in the US recently for the shooting of a film.

Gerard, in spite of all his commitments, decided to drop in on Kangna's shoot. Not surprisingly, the duo had a nice chat. Of course, the whole event was missed by the Hollywood paparazzi as they had no clue that Gerard would change his schedule! And now, all the memories of the secret meeting Kangna's to cherish. We can only imagine…

[From KoiMoi]

Now, it could totally be that this Kangana chick is just trying to get some attention by leaking her (real or imagined) hookup with Gerard. This story is now being widely reported on Indian entertainment sites, but American media isn't picking up on it yet. Perhaps because the members of the American media can't even keep up with Gerard Butler's one night stands?

Here's another theory that I've been working out too - whenever Gerard is working with a reportedly "clingy" actress (Jessica Biel, Jennifer Aniston), there are always more reports about his brief affairs or one night stands. It's like Gerard doesn't even want to play along with the reports that he and [Random Clingy Actress] are a couple, so he goes out of his way to make sure that everybody knows that he's screwing everything that moves. Just a theory.

wenn5246965

wenn3169096

wenn5247049

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Did Taylor Swift just disrespect stay-at-home moms?

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 05:40 AM PDT

wenn3272724

Taylor Swift recently got back from a quickie tour in Europe, as you could probably tell from the multiple photo op sightings of Swifty over the past few weeks. For some reason, I wouldn't think that Swifty's… er, "talent" would translate to other countries very well. I mean, I get why American girls like her music, and more importantly, I get why those girls' moms like Swifty's music, but it seems like Swifty isn't really singing to a global audience. Maybe I'm wrong. Maybe she's huge in Amsterdam, Paris and Prague (?). Anyway, while she's on tour, she doing press here and there, and now we've got a new interview she did with The Telegraph. I'll admit it, at this point, I'm totally over Swifty. But she said a few things in this piece that made me like her, especially when she talked about her fans. I'll give her an enormous amount of credit for that alone: this girl respects her fans, and she takes time for her fans. I totally respect that. Of course, the songs about boys and ponies and how many times she got dumped over the phone… I don't respect that. The full Telegraph piece is here, and here are some excerpts:

‘I always write songs about my life,' says Taylor Swift. ‘And if you're horrible to me I'm going to write a song about you and you are not going to like it. That's how I operate. I'm the only person who knows who [my songs] really are about and there's comfort in that,' she says with a hint of a smile.

On not wanting to promote a "sexy" image: ‘I don't want people to think of me as sexy. It wasn't a career decision… it's just a life decision. I like wearing pretty dresses and I like trying out new styles but I don't feel comfortable taking my clothes off. I wouldn't wear tiny amounts of clothing in my real life so I don't think it's necessary to wear that stuff in photo-shoots.' Do people ever try to talk her into it? ‘Not anymore, no.'

Meeting with fans for hours at a time: ‘I've had some hilarious conversations in those meet-and-greet lines,' she says, laughing. ‘I've met many of the girls more than once. I mean, I've been on tour since I was 16 and I always do meet-and-greets before and after shows so you kind of build these friendships with people. I have girls come up to me and tell me exactly what's going on in their love lives. They always come out with these bold confessions, like' – Swift puts on the voice of a wronged, righteous woman – ‘"I'm so glad I'm at your concert tonight. My boyfriend just left me."' What do you say to that? ‘Um… Well, I'll commiserate with them but it depends how they said it and how all right they seem. If they seem like they're really upset about it then you've gotta give them a hug.' Have you given many hugs? ‘Yes!'

Keeping up with fans: Her MySpace page has had 116,878,768 visitors and she has 18,869,687 Facebook ‘friends'. Does she have people looking after the sites for her? ‘No, it's just me,' she says, laughing when she sees my incredulous stare. ‘Yeah. I spend a bit of time online every day but it's worth it because that's how [the fans and I] keep in touch. And what else am I doing? I'm jet-lagged every single day and awake at 4am, so…'

Getting a job as a songwriter at the age of 14: Sony/ATV Tree asked her to join its writing team, composing songs for its artists. So her family upped sticks: her father, who is a stockbroker, her mother, who is a housewife (’But,' Swift says, ’she was a working professional before that, so my parents are both really smart people') and her younger brother, Austin, all said goodbye to Pennsylvania. She now lives ‘two blocks away from Music Row and I drive those streets every day. It's so crazy to think that now things are a lot different.'

Needing to be in control: She doesn't drink - ‘I worry I might come off in a way that I can't control.' It's also why she doesn't raise her voice – ‘If you're yelling you're the one who's lost control of the conversation' – and it's the reason she called her last album ‘Speak Now'.

On her privacy: ‘I don't typically talk in great detail about my personal life in interviews,' she says, ‘but this album reveals a lot about my life in the last two years, things that people didn't necessarily know before it came out. So if you're not saying anything about certain details in interviews but you're saying it in an album…' You're choosing when and where to speak? ‘Yes. So calling it "Speak Now" seemed appropriate.'

Is she writing anything at the moment? ‘I always have to be writing. I'm writing in my hotel rooms and on tour buses.' What about? ‘Ugh,' Swift groans. ‘Lots of different things. You'll hear.'

[From The Telegraph]

Um, what was that part about her mother? "She was a working professional before that, so my parents are both really smart people." Did Swifty just say that stay-at-home moms aren't as smart as working moms? You in danger, girl! Seriously, what the hell? It seems like a totally bizarre aside about one's mother. I think it's the "so" that's messing me up. "She was a working professional before that… my parents are both really smart people." See, that's a bit better.

Wait, isn't Swifty's mom super-involved in her life? Yeah, her mom is his momager, managing Swifty's every burp, fart and song about ponies, boys and glitter. Her mom even gets a say in boyfriends, and The Jake Gyllenhaal Cuddlefest Debacle might have even been Mother Swifty's doing. Oh, momager. Are you ever a good idea?

Oh, and this is just a random observation that I finally realized - Swifty weara false eyelashes ALL THE TIME. Like, as daywear, nightwear, going to the grocery store, she's always wearing false eyelashes and pastel eyeshadow. THAT is what gives her the heavy-lidded, sneaky, contemptuous look (that I attribute to her).

wenn3279654

wenn3259720

fp_6996721_ang_swift_taylor_03_06

Photos courtesy of Fame & WENN.

Lady Gaga busted her ass on a flaming piano

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 05:39 AM PDT

I don't know if this video is going to be up much longer, it seems like YouTube has already pulled a few down. So enjoy it while you can - Lady Gaga busting her ass on stage in Houston. Yes, the piano is on fire. And yes, she's wearing crazy boots. Apparently, Gaga was trying to "jump off" the piano (this according to random reports), but on the video is looks more like she was trying to straddle the piano with one foot, and the stool with her other foot, and she just lost her balance. Meh.

It is kind of amazing that she didn't really hurt herself, though. And that she was able to continue singing, even when she was flat on her ass. Does this kind of public klutz moment bother a crazy control freak like Gaga? Probably. But everybody has klutz moments, and if I was walking in Gaga's crazy shoes, I would have klutz moments every five minutes.

In other Gaga news, her new music video for "Judas" has already been shot, and apparently even the rumors of what happens in the video is enough to get the Catholic Church up in arms. JUST LIKE MADONNA and "Like a Prayer." Read more about it here, at Gawker.

wenn3265941

wenn3265929

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Kim Richards: I don’t know if Kyle was trying to kill or strangle me in the limo

Posted: 12 Apr 2011 05:30 AM PDT

fp_7136088_richards_kimkyle
Kim and Kyle Richards fought bitterly at the end of the first season of the Real Housewives of Beverly Hills, with their unhealthy dynamic as sisters all too obvious to the viewer. On the show we got to see Kyle regularly bullying and excluding Kim, even going so far as to pursue, berate and lunge at her when she tried to leave a party where they were arguing. Kyle never took responsibility for the way she treated Kim during their infamous “limo fight” and kept referring to mysterious family issues that we could never understand. She continued to treat Kim with contempt during the reunion episodes while Kim was gracious and tried to defend Kyle. A couple of months ago we heard that Kim would not be returning to the RHOBH next season, but she’s changed her mind and/or desperately needed the money, because she’s confirmed to return next season She’s doing promotional appearances with Kyle now and will be back along with the rest of the core cast, maybe with a new addition.

Anyway Kim and Kyle were doing a joint appearance on Sunday, and Kim spoke pretty candidly about the limo incident. Kyle tried to shut her down of course. These two need to keep hustling for the dough, and so we’re going to see Kyle be a nasty piece of work again next year while Kim tries to drown her sorrows in booze and pills:

“I still don’t know what Kyle was going to do to me in the back of the car — kill me, strangle me,” Kim, 46, tells UsMagazine.com of the blow-up, where her sister accused Kim of being an alcoholic and Kim mysteriously screamed that Kyle stole her house.

“I just wanted you (Kim) to shut up,” Kyle, 42 explains of the incident.

“You wanted me to shut up, but you were doing all the talking,” Kim started to argue with her baby sis, before thinking better of it. “Won’t go there. If you hold on to the negative, it brings you down. It definitely took it’s toll on us.”

Despite the the apparent rawness of the fight, Kyle insists that the experience on the Bravo hit made them stronger.

“Kim and I went through a hard time last season, but I really do feel that even though we had that argument we’re in such a good place now,” she tells Us. “Maybe some good came out of it. We both grew and learned from it.”

Calling their relationship a “work in progress,” Kim remained more reserved, saying they’re still putting the pieces back in place.

“We’re sisters,” added Kyle. “At the end of the day, we love each other.”

With both women reportedly returning for the second season, one has to wonder if viewers can expect a whole new crop of drama.

“At this point I can’t say anything,” Kim coyly teases. “You’ll have to wait and see!”

[From US Weekly]

That’s Kyle, always justifying her behavior, always saying that Kim “made her snap” and that there are all these “family secrets” we don’t know that would excuse her attacking her sister. Kyle was trying to “shut Kim up” when it was Kyle that insisted on continuing the argument by not letting her sister leave the party when she wanted to. It’s always the victim’s fault and Kyle is always blameless. Her nastiness will come out even worse next season, just wait.

wenn5636305

wenn5636313

wenn3274571

wenn3274525

Photos are from 3/30/11 and 4/10/11. Credit: WENN and Fame

No comments:

Post a Comment