Friday, November 5, 2010

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Alanis Morissette Brings The Baby Bump Home Again

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 02:25 PM PDT

Last weekend we saw a few amazing photos of Alanis Morissette and hubby Mario Souleye Treadway enjoying a relaxing holiday in Cabo San Lucas, Mexico with burgeoning baby bump in tow. Today we learn that Alanis and Mario returned home to SoCal last night … but not before they made one last visit to the beach as a family:


Awww … don’t they look so happy? Ugh, expectant parents are just the cutest … I bet Alanis and Mario had a great time. But, alas, as with all good things … their trip had to come to an end. After the jump, check out photos of Alanis, Mario and Bump as they made their grand arrival at LAX Airport last night …


Home, Sweet, Home. I guess we’ll be seeing Alanis out and about around town again as we all await the birth of the precious fruit of her womb. OY! I can’t wait!!

[Photo credit: Bauer-Griffin; Source, thanks Eduardo]

Madonna Delivers Fashion At The ‘Fashion Delivers’ Gala

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 02:15 PM PDT

Madonna took some time away from dating younger men and opening fitness centers worlwide to appear at The Waldorf Astoria in NYC, NY last night to present an award at the 5th annual Fashion Delivers Gala. Maddy was on hand to present an award to Neil Cole of the Iconix Brand company, the makers of her Material Girl clothing line. Here are a few photos:

She may be a mother-of-four, but Madonna isn’t ready to hang up her edgy clothing just yet. The singer wore a daring pair of over-the-knee PVC boots to present an award at the Fashion Delivers Gala in New York yesterday. The skin-hugging shoes clung to her thighs, showing the result of her many hours working out at the gym. In her eye-catching outfit, complete with silver crocheted tunic, Madonna completely overshadowed the award winner. In his classic suit, Iconix Brand Chairman Neil Cole looked out of place posing for a photo with the 52-year-old. Madonna was attending the fifth annual gala for Fashion Delivers, a charitable foundation through which manufacturers can donate clothing to disaster victims. Since it was set up the foundation has distributed more than $55 million of clothing to needy recipients, including the victims of Hurricane Katrina.

Dang, Madonna does look good. You gotta admit, there are days when she ain’t lookin’ all that but when she goes glam she looks utterly fantastic. I love the outfit, from the head to tow. Maddy is still the queen, no question.

[Photo credit: Wireimage; Source]

Emma Watson Does ‘Marie Claire’ Magazine

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 01:57 PM PDT

Popstar Rihanna may be on the cover of the new issue of British Marie Claire magazine but British actress Emma Watson, of Harry Potter fame, is featured on the cover and in the pages of the new issue of Marie Claire magazine here in the US. Altho Emma‘s MC coverstory is meant to promote the upcoming Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 film, she spends much of her interview talking about her new life as a university student at Brown:

When Emma Watson arrived at Brown University last year, students reacted with giddy excitement—a bona fide movie star living in their midst!—that was tempered by a genuine desire to respect her privacy. But her fellow freshmen grew up watching the Harry Potter movies, which starred Watson as Harry’s pal Hermione Granger, and sometimes they simply couldn’t restrain themselves. In one class, the professor asked students a question, and Watson raised her hand. Just like the fiercely smart, overachieving, always-right Hermione, Watson gave the correct answer. From the back of the room, one of her classmates called out, “Score 20 points for Gryffindor!” “The first year at Brown was about finding my feet,” she said. “I found a great group of girlfriends, and now that I know how things work and what the professors expect, I’m really excited about going back for my second year, because I feel this time I can relax and enjoy it.” Watson is deeply grateful for the way she’s been treated by her peers. “Brown has a real sense of community, and people are very protective of me,” she said. “They really look out for me; they want me to feel like I’m part of it. I threw my 20th birthday party at Brown, and I didn’t even have to say to anyone not to put pictures on Facebook. Not a single picture went up. That was when I knew I’d found a solid group of friends, and I felt like I belonged.” This sense of comfort is particularly welcome as Watson adjusts to the end of the Potter saga, a job that defined her life for a decade. After the November release of the seventh movie, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part I, the series will conclude next July with the release of the eighth and final film, Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows: Part II. When Watson finished shooting last June, she was left with a welter of powerful feelings. “My last day was pretty emotional,” she admitted. “It was sad; it’s the end of an era. What an amazing learning experience! I gave everything I could to that role, and I got so much from it.” Now that it’s over, Watson is reveling in the freedom to make changes—starting with a radical haircut that left her nervously fingering the feathery ends of the new pixie style that was inspired by such icons as Mia Farrow, Edie Sedgwick, Jean Seberg, and Audrey Hepburn. “I’ve wanted to do it since I was about 16, and when Harry Potter ended in June, I just needed a change,” Watson said. “It was quite symbolic for me. It’s very short; it was buzzed at the back and on the sides. And it’s really liberating that I can walk out without thinking about it.”

I have to say, I am still MADLY in love with her new short hair’do. She still looks fantastic as a little pixie. LOVE LOVE LOVE. After the jump, check out a few photos from Emma‘s accompanying Marie Claire photospread to see just how fantastic she looks and read a bit more from her interview …

Despite the temptations of Hollywood and a complicated family with assorted full, half-, and stepsiblings, Watson seems the polar opposite of wild-child stars who generate lurid headlines. She appears to have spent her entire adolescence as a classic good girl, unremittingly hard-working and conscientious. “I do things in my own way, but I’ve never felt any need to rebel,” she said. “To be honest, I’ve always had far too much freedom. I had a job when I was 10. I started living on my own when I was 17 or 18. I’ve earned my own money; I’ve traveled the world. What would I rebel against? I’ve had so much freedom, sometimes it was hard. My parents wanted to protect me, but they had no idea how to. I had to learn as I went and make my own mistakes. I went from being totally unknown and never acting professionally to being in a major movie and being very famous. It all happened so quickly, I didn’t have any time to work things out. It’s been pretty scary at times.”

The rest of the online version of Emma‘s Marie Claire interview can be read HERE. What fantastic photos, I mean … wow. As much as I love Emma as Hermoine Granger in the Harry Potter films, I am really looking forward to see her ability to tackle other roles. I predict she will have a long and very successful career ahead of her … complete with a college degree. Sigh. If only the young starlets here in Hollywood could be as responsible, talented and intelligent as Ms. Emma Watson.

[Source]

Halle Berry Reveals A Shocking New Look On The Set Of Her New Film

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 01:32 PM PDT

Halle Berry surfaced on the SoCal set of her new comedic film Truth or Dare and she was lookin’, well, different. For her new role, Halle has to wear a bit of prosthetic make-up and some severely augmented breasts which make her look like this:

She is considered one of the most beautiful women in the world, with awards from Esquire and People magazines to prove it. But we saw a very different side of Halle Berry yesterday as she filmed scenes for a new comedy in Los Angeles. The actress was spotted wearing prosthetics on her face on the set of Truth Or Dare, giving her the appearance of swollen cheeks and lips. Proving she is game for a laugh, the X Men star also sported enormous fake breasts as she was wheeled around in a wheelchair in front of a hospital. Dressed in a pink blouse and tight black skirt, the 44-year-old attempted to shield herself from prying eyes as she headed back to her trailer after shooting the scene. Very little information has been released about the film, directed by Peter Farrelly, one half of the Farrelly Brothers. The comedy duo’s past hits Dumb And Dumber, Stuck On You and There’s Something About Mary give a hint at the type of film audiences may be in for.

LMAO!! I mean, yeah Halle looks a bit frightening but … she also looks really funny. You know, I don’t really think of Halle Berry as a comedic actress … her acting performances are either really action-packed and terrible (e.g. X-Men) or they are dramatic and powerful (e.g. Monster’s Ball). I can’t really think of any funny performances that she’s done. Based solely on this swollen new look of hers, I think I would deffo be interested in seeing Truth or Dare when it gets released in theaters. This is a side of Halle we’ve never seen before … I think I’d like to see more.

HMMM, I wonder if Olivier Martinez is into Halle‘s new look.

[Photo credit: Splash News; Source]

Detroit Tigers Manager Sparky Anderson Passes Away At 76

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 12:49 PM PDT

Sad news to pass along to baseball fans today … the iconic Detroit Tigers manager George Lee Sparky Anderson passed away today in his home in Thousand Oaks, CA at the age of 76. Yesterday his family revealed that Sparky was receiving hospice care due to his advancing dementia and, very sadly, he died today. It’s impossible to convey how important Sparky Anderson is to Detroit and baseball fans as a whole. We are all poorer for his loss today:

Sparky Anderson, the all-time leader among Tigers managers in victories, visibility and inimitable quotations, died today at his home in Thousand Oaks, Calif. He was 76. Anderson's death came one day after the family announced that he was receiving hospice care at his home because of complications from dementia. The family said that at Anderson's request, there will be no funeral or memorial service. Anderson managed the Tigers from the middle of the 1979 season through 1995. His 17 seasons are most in club history. The runner-up is Hughie Jennings, who managed Ty Cobb's Tigers for 14 seasons in the first part of the 20th Century. Anderson beat Jennings' record for most victories by a Tigers manager by 200 (1,331-1,131). Throughout his years near or at the top of baseball through his 2000 election to the Hall of Fame, Anderson rejected the airs of celebrity, no matter how prominent he became. He forever seemed as happy to see people he knew — and didn't know — as they did to see him. On trips to New York, he didn't eat breakfast at the Tigers' fancy hotel. He'd go across the street to Howard Johnson, where he would address his waiter by name as a friend. In countless such gestures, he succeeded in a mission he once imparted to his Hall of Fame catcher in Cincinnati, Johnny Bench: "As long as you remember where you are from, you will always know where you are going."

Sparky Anderson is synonymous with Detroit baseball and I know his death is being felt by a lot of people back home. I’m really bummed that his family does not want to memorialize him … ‘cuz I know there are many, many people who would love to be part of a memorial service for Sparky. My dad took me to my first baseball game at the original Tigers Stadium when I was about 7 years old. Now, I’m not a big baseball fan but I do enjoy the games in person. We were mere feet away from Sparky Anderson and I remember how nice the man was to every single fan, old and young, that called out to him or reached out for a handshake. They don’t come classier than Sparky Anderson. He was as genuine as they come and a true role model for young people to emulate. Despite the fact that I’m not a big sports fan, I am truly heartbroken by the news of Sparky‘s death. There will never be another man like him … he will be sorely missed :(

[Source]

‘Reservoir’ Dawgs

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 12:23 PM PDT

Last night I met up with my dear friend Adriana for a dinner and catch-up session at a restaurant called Reservoir in Silver Lake, CA:


Unfortch, I was so wrapped up in our conversation that I failed to snap a pic of us hanging out together … but, I think this adorable pic of Adriana rockin’ her Wonder Woman Underoos back in the say will suffice. Big, exciting things are happening for AY these days and I’m so happy to hear that she is doing well. I wish we got to hang out more often but I’m very happy with the time we do get.

Tonight the Turtle Party will be gettin’ together for a Zombie movie night … should be fun. Temps are still in the record-breaking high 90s today. Zoiks! Happy Thursday!!

Les News, 110410

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 12:07 PM PDT

‘Megamind’ Premieres In NYC

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 11:15 AM PDT

Brad Pitt and his eldest sons Maddox Chivan and Pax Thien managed to tear themselves away from their temporary new home in Hungary (where pseudo-wife and mama Angelina Jolie is bizzy directing her first film) to make their way to NYC last night for the premiere of Brad‘s new animated film Megamind. Costars Tina Fey and Ben Stiller were among the other attendees at the film’s premiere at the AMC Lincoln Square Theater in Manhattan last night … here are a few photos:

Between them, Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie would probably agree most of their filmography isn’t suitable for the eyes and ears of their six children. So after Pitt finally made a film he could show his children, he made sure they enjoyed the perks of being the offspring of a Hollywood superstar – by bringing them to the premiere. Clearly in ‘dad mode’ in his casual clothing compared to his usual formal premiere style, Brad brought eldest sons Maddox, nine, and Pax, six, to the New York screening of his latest film Megamind. Pitt and his partner Jolie usually attend premieres either alone or a couple, so it was quite a surprise to see the actor with children in tow. After the boys watched the new film before their schoolmates will get the chance to, they also took home some Megamind-themed memorabilia. Dressed in an all-black outfit of leather boots, jeans, shirt, woolly hat and thick jacket, Pitt looked dressed for a walk in the park, rather than a glamorous night out.

In all honesty, I’m really more interested in seeing the new Disney film Tangled than Megamind but I might be talked into seeing it if one of my friends is insistent (Darion’s always dragging me out to see questionable films). I dunno, tho … none of the promo trailers have really grabbed my attention. Firstly, I don’t usually find Will Farrell all that funny. Secondly, the animated version of Tina Fey‘s character in this film looks … creepy. Still, I’m certain that many young viewers will get a kick out of Megamind, chief among them … Brad‘s own children. I think it was really cute that he brought his sons as his movie premiere dates. What do y’all think … is Megamind the kind of film that YOU’D like to see in theaters?

[Photo credit: Wireimage, INFdaily; Source]

David Cassidy Busted!

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 10:54 AM PDT

David Cassidy, who found fame and fortune as a teen heartthrob on The Partridge Family, was arrested last night in Fort Lauderdale, FL on charges of drunk driving. Here is David‘s very unattractive mugshot … he got busted, y’all!

Former teen idol David Cassidy faces a drunken driving charge after a Florida Highway Patrol officer stopped him on a Fort Lauderdale, Florida, highway Wednesday night. Cassidy, 60, failed roadside sobriety tests and registered at .14 on an alcohol breath test, according to the arrest report. A reading of .08 or higher is illegal for drivers in Florida. The singer-actor “appeared to be somewhat confused” and was “very apologetic for having to be stopped,” the arresting officer said. Police found a half-empty bottle of bourbon under the seat of Cassidy’s Mercedes, although he told the officer he had only consumed a glass of wine with lunch several hours earlier, the report said. He told the officer he took a hydrocodone pill — a pain medication also known as Vicodin — about three hours earlier. The trooper pulled Cassidy over after his car left the roadway and went onto the shoulder rumble strip two times before cutting off another car at an exit ramp, the police report said. His publicist did not immediately respond to CNN requests for comment.

The fact that Cassidy blew a .14 on the breathalyzer is reason enough for his arrest but he got caught with a half-empty bottle of bourbon under his car seat? Yeah, I don’t know how his lawyer is going to be able to argue away this incident as a misunderstanding. It is so reckless and exceedingly dangerous to get behind the wheel of a car while intoxicated … I can’t even believe that anyone would drive around while drinking any alcoholic beverage. Are we supposed to believe that David Cassidy wasn’t drinking that bottle of bourbon while he was driving? I’m very curious to see if he is able to get himself out of this pickle of a problem he got himself into. Thank the gods that no one was injured.

[Source]

‘Flipping Out’s Trace Lehnhoff Is A Guy With iPhone

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 09:49 AM PDT

Back in May we got to see a pretty hot pic of Bravo TV reality star Brad Goreski (the main gay on The Rachel Zoe Project) and today we get to see another hot pic of another minor Bravo TV reality star, this time from Flipping Out. Those of you who watch the show about scary-lipped and very OCD house-flipper turned interior designer Jeff Lewis might know that one of his employees is a skinny little twink named Trace Lehnhoff. Well, over the weekend Trace posted a photo of himself online that looks like it was meant for the NSFW photo site Guys With iPhones:


As you can see, Trace isn’t wearing very much in this photo so it’s unclear if this “outfit” was meant as a Hallowe’en costume or just a sexy self-portrait meant to garner a bit of attention. In either instance, you can check out the full-size semi-NSFW image after the jump …


HMMM … it looks to me like Trace has got himself a bit of a football fetish … and a pretty sick work-out routine. You can tell from the show that Trace is a slim dude, I had no idea he was this slim … and ripped. As I understand it, Trace here is being groomed as Jeff Lewis‘s protegee in the hopes that he will one day take over Jeff Lewis Designs. It’s unclear if photos like this will hurt or help his career but … if things don’t work out in the design realm, maybe Trace can find work in the NFL or something? HMMM.

So … I gotta ask … in the Battle of the Bravo Hotties, which one do YOU think is hotter:


Brad Goreski (The Rachel Zoe Project) or Trace Lehnhoff (Flipping Out)?

[Source]

‘Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour by Cirque Du Soleil’ Releases New Promo Photos

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 09:22 AM PDT

Yesterday we got our first look at the official poster artwork for the new Cirque du Soleil show Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour that will marry the pageantry of Cirque du Soleil with the iconic music of Michael Jackson. Today we get to see a few promo images that give us an idea of what the show itself will be like:

Michael Jackson’s estate has thrilled fans by unveiling the first images of acrobatic troupe Cirque du Soleil’s highly-anticipated tour marking his music legacy. Jackson’s estate executors signed a deal with Cirque producers to put on a stage spectacular featuring the “Thriller” hitmaker’s songs, after his tragic death in June, 2009. And on Wednesday, November 3, the new business partners unveiled the first images from the Michael Jackson The Immortal World Tour, which is being billed as a combination of thrilling choreography and visual effects set to Jackson’s music. One set sketch features enlarged images of Jackson wearing his iconic Smooth Criminal white suit as acrobats and dancers explode from his body, mimicking his legendary moves. A new poster immortalises the star with the slogan ‘The legend lives on’. The tour, which has won Jackson’s mother Katherine Jackson’s personal approval, is set to kick off in Montreal, Canada in October 2011 and hit cities including New York, Miami, Philadelphia, Los Angeles and Las Vegas – where it will reportedly be turned into a longterm residency featuring 3-D technology. Jackson’s estate and Cirque du Soleil producers will each own 50 per cent of the project and will equally share production costs. The estate will also receive royalties from the use of Jackson’s music and other property.

There is no question, Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour by Cirque du Soleil has the potential to be a HUGE worldwide smash hit show. I can’t help but think of all the potential lost when MJ died so suddenly before he was able to perform even one show of his sold out This Is It Tour … my guess is that this new Cirque show based on MJ‘s music will be able to fulfill at least a bit of that lost potential. After the jump, check out a few more promo photos from The Immortal Tour and see what’s in store when the show rolls across North America starting next year …


Tickets for Michael Jackson: The Immortal Tour by Cirque du Soleil have already begun to go on pre-sale, click HERE to see when the show will come to your town and find out how you can buy tickets. I know that David (a huge Michael Jackson fan) and I (a huge Cirque du Soleil fan) will have to see this show live … unfortch, it won’t come to LA until January 2012. I can’t really wrap my head around spending hundreds of dollars on tickets for a show that more than a year away so … I’m gonna hold off on buying tickets just yet. Still, I know there are many fans out there who would love to buy their tickets now so … get those tix, y’all!

[Source, Source]

David Beckham Says He Would Like To Become A US Citizen

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 08:48 AM PDT

English soccer star David Beckham, who has been living here in the US for the past 3 years, has revealed to the LA Times that he “hopes” to “one day” become a US citizen. Altho he is an Englishman “born and bred”, Beckham and his family are so happy here in the US that he is interested in becoming a naturalized US citizen. Earlier this week, Beck was spotted courtside at the Staples Center cheering on the LA Lakers basketball team, lookin’ very much like an acclimated American already:

The former England soccer captain – who moved to Beverly Hills in 2007 with wife Victoria and their three sons, Brooklyn, 11, Romeo, eight, and Cruz, five – has no plans to move back to the UK. Instead, he hopes to remain in America for as long as his family are happy living there, but insists he will never forget his English roots. Asked by the Los Angeles Times newspaper if he would like to get US citizenship, David – who was born and raised in London – said: “I hope so, one day. It would be nice. I’m English born and bred and that’s the way I’ll always be. I’m an Englishman, you know. “Our boys go to school here. As long as they continue to be happy here and my wife’s happy here, then we plan on staying.” Despite his love for America, the heartthrob sportsman wants to bring a little bit of England over to Los Angeles by opening a pub called The Queen Vic. David – who moved to the US after signing a deal to play for the Los Angeles Galaxy soccer team – and his close friend, TV chef Gordon Ramsay, are planning to open a traditional English drinking establishment for the city’s expats. A source previously said: “David wants pie and mash, fish and chips and even chicken in a basket on the menu, just like the meals he eats when he’s in the UK.”

On behalf of everyone here in the US, I would like to say … WOOOOOOOOT! I don’t think it’s any secret to anyone even remotely familiar with the Beckham family that they are Yankee Doodle Dandies at heart. As soon as they made the big move to LA in 2007 they’ve really made themselves at home here and seem to really love everything about living in the US. News of Becks‘s desire to become a US citizen isn’t at all surprising to me … but it is very exciting :D

[Photo credit: Splash News; Source]

‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 1’ Does ‘Entertainment Weekly’ Magazine

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 08:09 AM PDT

We are just a little over 2 weeks away from the release of Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows – Part 1 in theaters (can you believe it?!) and the promo machine for the film is kicking into high gear for the last push leading up to the film’s opening. Deathly Hallows is featured on the cover and in the pages of this week’s issue of Entertainment Weekly and the film’s 3 lead stars — Daniel Radcliffe, Emma Watson and Rupert Grint — talk to the mag about life with Harry:

It's the beginning of the end. The seventh and final Harry Potter book, Harry Potter and The Deathly Hallows, has been split into two films, and the first installment will hit screens Nov. 19. (Part 2 will open on July 15, 2011). After a decade of playing the three young wizards waging a battle against Voldemort and the forces of evil, the three stars of the $5.4 billion franchise, all in their 20s now, spoke with Entertainment Weekly for this week's cover story, reflecting on their childhoods inside Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardy and discussing their plans for the future. EW's Los Angeles Bureau Chief, Sean Smith, has been interviewing these actors — Daniel Radcliffe (Harry Potter), Emma Watson (Hermione Granger) and Rupert Grint (Ron Weasley) — since the very first film, The Sorcerer's Stone, and mines his 10 years of access and observations for this in-depth portrait of the three most famous kids in the world as they transition into adulthood and life outside of Potter.

Firstly, I cannot even believe it’s been 10 years since the first Harry Potter film was released. Where, may I ask, did the last decade go? Secondly, I cannot imagine what it must feel like for these young actors to spend half of their lives involved in something so big as the Harry Potter film franchise and then … just like that, it’s over. I know that there are many fans out there chomping at the bit to see the final Harry Potter films (as am I) but I can’t help but feel a little sad that the end is truly near. After the jump, read a bit more from DanRad, Emma and Rupert and their life with Harry Potter, after the jump …

Daniel Radcliffe, 21 Radcliffe has always been pretty fearless. At 11, when most boys are afraid of being vulnerable, he talked about how he found out that he'd been cast as the boy wizard, after months of auditions. "I was in the bath at the time," he said then. "My dad came running in and said, 'Guess who they want to play Harry Potter?' and I started to cry. It was probably the best moment of my life." In the years since, Radcliffe has proved he isn't afraid to reveal himself. He famously appeared naked on stage in Equus, both in London's West End and on Broadway. (There's even a reference to it in Hallows-Part 1. In one scene, Ron, Hermione and Harry, on the run in London, enter a café. On the wall in one corner is a poster for Equus.) Radcliffe is still taking risks. He's currently rehearsing to star in a stage musical, How to Succeed in Business Without Really Trying, and trying to not think about saying goodbye to Harry after all these years. "It's key for me to keep working," he says. "Focusing on other things rather than moping around the house."

Emma Watson, 20 At 11, Watson was chatty, precocious and thrilled to be cast as brainy Hermione ("I reckon she's very, very bossy," she said at the time), but as the years went on Watson became increasingly conflicted about whether she wanted to keep playing the role, or to even act at all. "Dan and Rupert seem so sure," she said on the set of the fifth film, The Order of the Phoenix. "I love to make people laugh, and I love being creative, but there are so many other things I love doing, too. I've been given such amazing opportunities with this, but … I don't know." This summer, she had finished shooting Hallows and was headed back to school for her sophomore year at Brown University. She'd just gotten a new pixie haircut — the first time in 10 years she'd been able to choose her own hairstyle — and was elated by her life on campus. "I have such a structure when I'm working on Potter," she said. "I get told what time I get picked up. I get told what time I can eat, when I have time to go to the bathroom. Being at college, I took pleasure in the smallest things. Like, 'I'm going to wake up at 10 o'clock if I want to.' Or, 'I'm going to eat a sandwich now.' It feels wonderful."

Rupert Grint, 22 Grint has always been the least verbal of the three stars. From about age 12, when he made Sorcerer's, through Phoenix, his two (perhaps only) adjectives for everything were "wicked" and "cool." But his near-silence has earned him a certain mystique — after he got his driver's license he bought an ice cream truck to drive around instead of, say, a Ferrari — and he's built a fan base who seem to get his offbeat sensibilities. His screaming female fans don't mail him underwear in the mail, he says, but he gets "a lot of pajamas. And origami." Shooting Hallows, though, he finally began to open up, and a few weeks ago he reflected on what it had all meant to him. "The alternative, of just going to college and school never really appealed to me," he said. "On set there were times when it was really quite slow, but I've always loved it. There was never a doubt that I was going to do this."

There is at least a bit of comfort that The Deathly Hallows – Part 1 will be followed by Part 2 next Summer but, I’m telling you, the months are gonna fly by and we’ll be talking about the imminent release of the final Harry Potter film in no time. The first installment of the final Harry Potter film will open in theaters on November 19.

[Source]

Conan O’Brien Makes A Surprise Visit To ‘The George Lopez Show’

Posted: 04 Nov 2010 07:42 AM PDT

Conan O’Brien, who will be premiering his new late night talk show Conan on TBS this coming Monday November 8, made a surprise visit to The George Lopez Show last night to do a little comedy bit with Lopez during his opening monologue:

Conan made a surprise visit to George Lopez and stopped by “Lopez Tonight” to say hi and to speak in his native tongue, Spanish and German. The celebration continued with a traditional Mariachi band serenade and a German tuba player as they toast to the new late-night lineup beginning Monday, November 8 when Conan join TBS at 11:00 PM ET/PT and “Lopez Tonight” will begin its second-season at Midnight on TBS.

Oh man, you can just tell … Conan is going to have a blast with his show on TBS. He and George Lopez seem to have a great working rapport and I would just LOVE to see the team of O’Brien & Lopez take the late night talk show world by storm. After the jump, check out a video clip of Conan‘s appearance on The George Lopez Show last night …


Set those DVRs, y’all … or, better yet, make plans to be home on Monday November 8 at 11PM to catch the premiere episode of Conan on TBS.

[Source]

No comments:

Post a Comment