Saturday, June 18, 2011

Cele|bitchy

Cele|bitchy


“Megan Fox wants to be Batgirl in her own Batgirl franchise” links

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 10:57 AM PDT

wenn5641351

Megan Fox might be Batgirl. Or her publicist is just crazy. [Pajiba]
Bradley Cooper looking particularly like an emu. [LaineyGossip]
Blind items! What C-list actress is starving her kids? I got nothing. [Gawker]
I don't know who this chick is, but this outfit is ridiculous. [Dlisted]
Alessandra Ambrosio is damp, half-dressed. [Yeeeah]
Oprah thinks she can get OJ Simpson to confess. [PopEater]
Am I suppose to find Nicki Minaj shocking? I don't. [Celebuzz]
David Lynch is just insane. [Agent Bedhead]
I didn't see this photo - a couple making out during the Vancouver riot. [The Frisky]
Selena Gomez never wanted to be a role model. [A Socialite Life]
Metallica + Lou Reed = Awesome? [PopBytes]
(Some) ladies still love Mel Gibson. [Crazy Days and Nights]
Jessica Biel goes dramatically darker. [LimeLife]
Nicole Scherzinger thinks she's a big celebrity. [ICYDK]
Ha, somebody asked Justin Timberlake if he ever feels like a black dude. [Bossip]
Everybody already hates The Green Lantern. Good. [ONTD]
I don't care what you say. Andrew Garfield is HOT. [Pop Sugar]

wenn3170217

Joel Kinnaman is my new boyfriend, plus theories on ‘The Killing’ finale

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 10:29 AM PDT

wenn3260045

Since it's so slow today, I thought I would take this opportunity to highlight one of my new boyfriends, and one of my new favorite shows. The guy in these photos is a Swedish actor named Joel Kinnaman, and he's currently starring in The Killing. This Sunday will be the big finale for The Killing. At first, I was like "I'm not going to watch this stuff, meh." And then AMC had a little marathon of four episodes, and I was hooked. It's not "the greatest show on television" but it is at times very, very good, with some streaks of "infuriating" and "WTF?". They also just got renewed for a second season - which upset me at first, but now I'm hoping that this season will be the end of the "Who killed Rosie Larson?" story line and they'll have a new crime to work next season.

Joel is 31 years old, and it took me most of the season to realize that he is not, in fact, American. He does an absolutely perfect trashy dirt-bag drawl and he's utterly believable as an ex-addict cop. But listen to him speak Swedish:

HOT. But you can't even hear a trace of that when he's doing his American cop. Coincidentally, he's tight with one of your boyfriends, Alex Skarsgard. You can keep Alex - I'll take Joel. Anyway, Joel has been getting lots of recognition in Hollywood because of The Killing, and he's lining up English-language films as we speak. I'm looking forward to seeing him in more stuff. Meanwhile, here's a new interview Joel did with TV Guide about The Killing:

TV Guide Magazine: Holder was so mysterious throughout the whole season, with different layers being slowly revealed. How much did you know about him when you started this role, and how did that affect how you portrayed him?
Kinnaman: Preparing for this part was very much about describing Holder’s back-story that we found out in episode 8, and I had that with me during the whole period. When we shot the pilot, it hadn’t really been decided how long he had been clean so I was preparing both physically and emotionally. I think originally he had been clean for two weeks and then they made the decision that he’d been clean for six months, which I think was a good choice. I also thought that that reveal was going to come a little bit earlier. And I think for the audience that kept the suspense and the feeling that they don’t really know if this guy is a good guy or a bad guy. But for me, playing it was a bit frustrating because that also meant that I couldn’t use all colors while playing it. They wanted to keep it minimal, more one directional having that suspicion grow about him so the reveal has a bigger effect. So after that, it was very relaxing for me because I could sort of be Holder 100 percent and it let me play with different kinds of colors. I did a lot of ride-alongs with the county sheriffs, with the narcotics units. They’re really tough. They don’t always act that nicely to people. They deal with so many people that are lying every day, so they don’t really give people the benefit of the doubt. I had a lot of that coming into this, and that came from the undercover narcotics where there’s not really any room for niceties.

TV Guide Magazine: How much did you know about the other characters when you started?
Kinnaman: I didn’t know that much. I had watched the Danish originals so I had my perception of them from there, but otherwise I didn’t really need to know anything about the other characters because it played out in the script.

TV Guide Magazine: How happy were you to get out of the rain after wrapping the season?
Kinnaman: I was very happy! I was about to drop kick one of those rain tower operators at several occasions. I was like, ‘Really, I’m trying to be emotional here and you’re spraying a hose in my face? I have no respect for that and here you are putting yourself in harms way, my friend.’ [Laughs] But the city of Vancouver provides a lot of real rain — they do that really well. A lot of the times when the rain towers were up, it was actually raining. But when we’re shooting, a drizzle doesn’t always show up on film so they added the towers to really get that.

TV Guide Magazine: Going back through the season as a whole, do you have a favorite moment or scene that you’re really proud of?
Kinnaman: I have a couple. Definitely playing the NA scene where Holder reveals him being an addict, that was one of the high points for me, personally, shooting the show. But then also shooting episode 11 with Mireille [Enos]. It was one of my better weeks of my career. It was very, very satisfying. And then in the end of the scene in between Linden and Holder when we’re sitting at the hamburger joint and she reveals kind of where she comes from. Right at the end of that scene, we had a moment where it felt like I saw deep inside of her and that really scared her and she ran off. And that was one of my more satisfying moments as an actor.

TV Guide Magazine: With the announcement of a second season, what are you most excited to explore about Holder next year?
Kinnaman: I want to be made lieutenant. [Laughs] I have no idea where it’s going to go, but if I could just fantasize: He’s now six months sober and that’s a very delicate time. He’s under a lot of pressure. I wouldn’t be surprised if sobriety is going to be difficult. So we might see a little falling off the wagon.

TV Guide Magazine: So just spill it, who killed Rosie Larsen? Did you guys have any betting or pools on set?
Kinnaman: We did, there is a pool. I’m not going to tell you who I’ve got my money on, but I’ve got my money on somebody.

[From TV Guide]

Sigh… shall we talk about what might happen on the finale? Let me do this:

SPOILERS:

I don't think the mayoral candidate guy, Darren Richmond, did it. It just cannot be that easy. My choice since the very beginning Richmond's blonde, uninspired, right-hand woman, Gwen, but honestly, it just has to be someone associated with the campaign, right? My mom thinks it's the skuzzy billionaire guy, but I feel like that's too "on the nose" too. My point all along has been this: who would Rosie Larson, a teenage girl with a modicum of street smarts, get into a car with? Rosie would get into the car with A) someone she knew, or B) a woman. That's why I think it's Gwen. Gwen knows her boyfriend/candidate is boning this young girl, and she offers Rosie a ride home to talk about love and life, and Gwen drives her to an isolated spot and kills her. That's my theory.

jk1

wenn3260019

wenn3260008

Photos courtesy of WENN.

Gwyneth Paltrow goops her way into singing with ‘Glee’ cast in New Jersey

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 09:44 AM PDT

wenn3397591

Here's a question for those of you who like Glee: why in the world would you need to see these people perform live in some kind of concert situation? Yes, some of them had good voices. But after watching them in the comfort of your own home, on television, why would you feel the need to see them in person? It's not like they're actually performing songs that they wrote, and it doesn't seem like they're performing these songs in a way any different than the television versions. So, why?

Anyway, the Glee tour is in full-effect, because if there's one thing great about hiring 30-year-olds to play high schoolers, it's that you can get past all of those tricky child labor laws and simply work your cast to death, year-round. According to Just Jared, the cast was in the middle of a concert in East Rutherford, New Jersey yesterday when Gwyneth Paltrow snotted her way onto the stage to sing her new Goop standard, "Forget You". This song is dead, right? Goop killed it long ago:

Dame Gwyneth really is living the dream. That dream? Of performing before endless crowds of rapt peasants.

Sidenote: I had my hissy fit about Glee concerts before I read this - apparently, this concert in New Jersey was part of the Glee Live! 3D concert movie that is currently being filmed. Ah, that's why Gwyneth came. Because she'll do anything for a movie part these days.

wenn33975861

wenn3397582

Photos courtesy of WENN.

No comments:

Post a Comment