Saturday, June 18, 2011

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business

Pink is the New Blog | Everybody's Business Is My Business


Shia LaBeouf Bundles Up For The Chilly SoCal June Weather

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 03:50 PM PDT

Shia LaBeouf has never been known as a fashion maven but in a seeming nod to the Hipster fashion craze, Shia decided to step out in SoCal this week while wearing an oversized snowflake sweater jacket … in mid June. Truth be told, it has been a bit chilly in SoCal in the last couple of weeks (and by “chilly” I mean high 60s) but I don’t think the weather really warrants wearing an Xmas sweater. HMMM. Click below to see Shia in all his fuzzy sweater glory.


Since it’s not really cold enough to seriously wear a sweater like this, my only guess is that Shia was trying to be ironically hipster with this outfit. If you consider the mismatched ball cap and the plaid shirt (buttoned all the way up), you’d think he fell out of an Urban Outfitters catalog. It’s deffo a look. Do you like it?

[Photo credit: INFdaily]

First Look: Patti Smith Guest Stars On ‘Law & Order: Criminal Intent’

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 02:50 PM PDT

Patti Smith, one of the most influential poets, singers and artists of the moder age, is making her acting debut in an upcoming episode of Law & Order: Criminal Intent. In her ep, Smith plays Cleo Alexander, a mythology expert from Columbia University … she helps out in a case that is a fictionalization of the real life story of the trainwreck musical Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark. Click below to see a clip of Patti making her acting debut in Law & Order.


She’s a Rock and Roll Hall of Famer and an award-winning author, but “Godmother of Punk” Patti Smith says picking up acting wasn’t so easy. “I’ve never really acted, but I highly respect the craft,” she says of her upcoming role on Law & Order: Criminal Intent. “I knew that it wasn’t going to be simple, but it was a little more daunting than I expected.” In “Icarus,” airing Sunday at 9/8c on USA, Detectives Goren (Vincent D’Onofrio) and Eames (Kathryn Erbe) must investigate a Broadway musical after an actor dies while performing a stunt. The case, based off of the many injuries stemming from Broadway’s Spider-Man: Turn Off the Dark, pushes Goren to call upon an old friend, Columbia University mythology professor Cleo Alexander (Smith), to help figure out the meaning behind Icarus (a metaphor for failed ambition). Smith was brought on to the show by D’Onofrio and says he proved to be a great teacher, giving her direction “that will last a lifetime.” “He’s been taught by the greatest, and he taught me, so I feel like if I had to do it again, I’d be really good,” she says. “He’s such a great actor, such a great director and becoming such a good friend.”

I’m actually surprised it took this long for L&O to lampoon Turn Off the Dark with an episode … but I am looking forward to it. As for Patti Smith, well, she is a Rock GOD and I am thrilled to see her express her art in any capacity. This ep will be amazing, can’t wait to see it.

[Source]

Nicole Richie Steps Out With Her Color-Coordinated Children

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 01:50 PM PDT

It’s been a while since we’ve seen Nicole Richie out and about with her beautiful children so I figured it was time for an update. Nicole and her kiddies Harlow Winter Kate and Sparrow James Midnight stepped out in SoCal this week lookin’ about as matchy-matchy as they could be. The color palette for their outfits was black … and, boy, does this family know how to rock it right!


I just love this family so much. It’s a bummer that daddy Joel Madden can’t be with his fam right now but he’s on tour with Good Charlotte right now. Nicole is deffo holding down the fort while he is away, and she is doing so as stylishly as possible. It’s so crazy how Harlow looks exactly like Joel and Sparrow looks exactly like Nicole. Aren’t they just the cutest little clones? LOVE THEM!!

[Photo credit: X17]

Nicki Minaj Opens The ‘Femme Fatale’ Tour In Sacramento, CA

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 12:47 PM PDT

Earlier today we saw photos and video from the kick off of Britney Spears‘s Femme Fatale Tour in Sacramento, CA and right now we get to see a few photos from Nicki Minaj‘s opening set. While Rolling Stone was very complimentary of Britney‘s show, they didn’t really have too many good things to say about Nicki‘s opening set. Now, I personally will reserve judgment of Nicki‘s live show until I see it for myself … but the RS review is kinda worrisome. Click below to check out the photos and read what RS had to say about Nicki‘s performance last night.

Minaj's … set lacked Spears's budget or sharp choreography. Instead, the rapper tottered around on lime green platform shoes that threatened to tip her balance. Although she's styled as a dance-pop diva, Minaj did little dancing — or singing, or even live rapping. Like Spears, much of her vocals were clearly prerecorded, which got a little too obvious during “Monster.” Obviously she doesn't have Kanye West with her, but throughout even her part in the song she sat nearly immobile, not bothering to hold a mike or move her lips. Minaj clearly has stage presence, and the fact that fans cheered through abbreviated versions of her hits means that she's doing something right by just showing up. But as a showcase for her considerable talents, her Thursday night performance lacked the commitment of her records. Surely the wild woman of “Did It On'em” can do better.

This sounds odd, actually. I don’t recall hearing stuff like this from Nicki‘s tour earlier this year. Maybe she was holding back? Maybe it was an off night. Irregardless, I will wait until I see her live myself on Monday night when she opens for Britney in LA at the Staples Center. Nicki Minaj is an amazing performer … I really hope last night’s lackluster performance was just an aberration.

[Photo credit: Splash News; Source]

Lenka Rocks Detroit Rock City

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 11:22 AM PDT

Earlier this year I learned of a fantastic Aussie singer named Lenka who completely stole my heart with her debut album and had me itching for the release of her second album Two. When that album was released, I fell even more in love with Lenka … and became desperate to see her live. She played a sold out show at The Troubador in West Hollywood, CA and I just couldn’t get in to see her. As fortune would have it, Lenka was playing a show here in the Detroit area the same week I would be home to see my parents for Father’s Day. Last night, I finally got to see her live … and her live performance FAR exceeded my expectations. She was amazing.

To open the show, we got to see a great band from Brooklyn, NY called Elizabeth and the Catapult and they were a very nice surprise. Great songs, beautiful vocals and great stage presence:


The band was so good, I had to buy their album right on the spot. They were an EXCELLENT warm up act for Lenka. Here are a few photos that I snapped of Lenka‘s performance:


Lenka played a very long, excellent setlist of songs including a great cover of the Dusty Springfield classic I Only Wanna Be With You. The only song she didn’t perform that I was hoping to hear was The End of the World. Here are some videos from Lenka‘s show. First up, my fave song off her new album, Roll With the Punches:


I Only Wanna Be With You (Dusty Springfield cover):


The Show:


I brought Sarah and David with me and we all had the best time. I’m telling you right now … Lenka‘s album Two will deffo end up on my Top Music of 2011 year end list … believe that. If you get the chance to see her in concert, you MUST! She is just so talented … I love her!

After the show, we got to chat for a bit and she graciously signed a setlist and posed for a photo with me:


It turns out she is a fan of Pink is the new Blog but, I can assure you, I am the bigger fan of her music. It’s been ages since I’ve been able to see a concert here in Detroit and I’m just so happy that Lenka got to be my latest Detroit show. Check her out, I think you will LOVE her :D

Tonight, Sarah, Mark, David and I are gonna catch a 3D showing of Green Lantern. I hope it doesn’t suck … like, really. Happy Friday, y’all!! Happy Weekend!!

Les News, 061711

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 10:29 AM PDT

Mariah Carey Releases 3 ‘Remix’ Fragrances

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 09:51 AM PDT

Last Summer Mariah Carey released a collection of celebrity fragrances called Lollipop Bling. This Summer, to spice things up a bit, Mimi is releasing a new collection of fragrances based on her Lollipop Bling line … ‘cuz, clearly, there aren’t enough lollipop-inspired perfumes in the world. Are you ready for Lollipop Splash: The Remix? Well, ready or not … here it comes.

Mariah Carey found sweet success with her last fragrance, Lollipop Bling, which was inspired by hubby Nick Cannon's delicious wedding proposal. And now, the new mama is sating her sweet tooth again with another addition to her Elizabeth Arden fragrance franchise. Called Lollipop Splash the Remix, the trio of new scents shows off Carey's fun-loving personality and features hand-picked ingredients that express the singer's playful side. There's Inseparable, which contains notes of raspberry, mango, jasmine and orange flowers; Never Forget You, which has wafts of gourmet jelly beans and golden peony; and Vision of Love, inspired by French macaroon and purple jasmine. (All are named for Carey songs.) "We strive to create fragrances that give people the ability to connect with Mariah on a more personal level, just as they do with her music," perfumer Marypierre Julien said in a statement. "To create Mariah Carey's Lollipop Splash the Remix, we worked with Mariah and used her music as an inspiration to craft scents that are like floral melodies." The fragrances, each topped with Carey's signature butterfly and priced at $35 each, will hit department stores in July.

While I didn’t really think the world was ready for Lollipop Bling last year, who am I to deny the remix? I would assume that these fragrances are meant for the younger consumer but hey, they’ve got money too. You gotta hand it to Mariah Carey to start remixing her fragrances … but I’m more interested in her coming up with entirely new scents, maybe named after her newborn twin babies Monroe and Moroccan? Maybe we can see some photos, too? Eh, Mariah? As for these new scents, are any of y’all planning on smelling like the remix?

[Source]

‘Runaway Bride’ Crystal Harris Is All Smiles In The Company Of A New Man

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 08:56 AM PDT

Yesterday we saw video of former Hugh Hefner fiancĂ©e Crystal Harris in tears as she explained why she decided NOT to marry Hef this weekend as scheduled. Today we get to see a new photo of Crystal lookin’ as happy as can be in the close company of Jordan McGraw, son of TV “doctor” Dr. Phil. Despite the fact that Crystal has denied that all the time she’s been spending with McGraw lately has any romantic connotation, some people can’t help but wonder. Crystal and Jordan insist their relationship is professional. It’s nice to see two young people so happy engaged in their work, ain’t it?

Crystal Harris has been hunkered down with Jordan McGraw ever since she jilted Hugh Hefner — but the relationship is all about making music … TMZ has learned. Sources close to Crystal and Jordan tell us Dr. Phil’s son gave her a shoulder to cry on when she fled the Playboy Mansion — but most of their time has been spent in a Hollywood recording studio … where they are working on Crystal’s new album. Jordan is a singer/songwriter who used to be on the same label as Crystal. As for dating rumors … we’re told they’ve been friends for about a year, and even though Crystal’s single now — both of them are ONLY interested in banging out music … for now.

Oh yeah, it looks like Crystal is NOT losing any sleep over her decision not to marry Hef. But, before all y’all start throwing stones at Miss Harris for chumming up to this new dude, let’s not forget that Hugh Hefner is ALWAYS bathing himself in women … usually nekkid women. I think both Crystal and Hugh will be just fine. Calling off their wedding was the best decsion for both of them, I’m sure of it. That being said, I don’t think Crystal Harris is ever going to be a real pop star. I just don’t see it … but best of luck to her!

[Source]

First Look: Lady Gaga Releases A Video For ‘The Edge Of Glory’

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 07:35 AM PDT

Last night, during the US broadcast of So You Think You Can Dance?, Lady Gaga released a new music video for her newest single The Edge of Glory. For weeks, people have been clamoring for the release of what was believed to be Gaga‘s latest music video opus … and last night, that anticipation was put to rest. Unlike Gaga‘s previous videos which are elaborate and expensive-looking, this video for Glory pales in comparison … hopefully by design. Click below to check out the video in full and see for yourselves.


IMHO, this very understated video seems odd for Gaga. There are, literally, only 3 scenes in this entire video … Gaga hanging out on a fire escape, Gaga walking down the sidewalk and Gaga hanging out on front door stoop with saxophonist Clarence Clemmons (who looks like he’s asleep in half of his scenes). While we usually get million dollar plus music video extravaganzas, this time we get what can only be described as very bare bones video. It wasn’t even filmed on a real NYC street … IMHO, even the fake NYC set looks cheap. Naturally, I’m going to get slammed as a “hater” or whatever but I know I am not the only one out there completely underwhelmed by this very simple music video. My guess is that simplicity is exactly what Gaga was going for … otherwise, the only other explanation is that her music video budget has already been exhausted for the year. That being said … I suppose this video shows a refreshing side to Lady Gaga, one that we don’t usually get to see. Most times, the over-the-top nature of her expensive music videos tend to be the sole focus (when, in my opinion, the music should be the star). It would seem that Gaga is trying to show that she can also work on a budget. I suppose in these tough economic times, that trait should be applauded? I dunno. I’m curious to hear what y’all think? Are you impressed by this music video?

[Source]

‘Harry Potter And The Deathly Hallows – Part 2′ Releases A FINAL Movie Trailer

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 07:05 AM PDT

And so … the end has finally come … the very last movie trailer to ever be released for Harry Potter is here. With under a month to go before It All Ends with the final Harry Potter film, The Deathly Hallows – Part 2, Warner Bros. released yesterday the absolute LAST Harry Potter movie trailer. This new trailer is by far the darkest HP trailer of all but it is absolutely superb. I, literally, got chills and goosebumps just from this trailer alone … I absolutely know that I will be a complete MESS when this movie is released on July 15. Click below and feast your eyes on the last Harry Potter movie trailer … ever.


Wow. This trailer is just … wow. I can’t even deal with how good this final Harry Potter film will be … I just know it … this final film will ruin me. As excited as I am to see this film, I am so not ready just yet … I’M GONNA BE AN ABSOLUTE MESS!!! This trailer is just to die for. I love and hate it all at the same time. Love it because the final book has come to life before my very eyes. Hate it because it truly is the end of Harry Potter … forever.

So, I gotta know … what do YOU think of this last HP trailer?

[Source]

Britney Spears Kicks Off The ‘Femme Fatale’ Tour In Sacramento, CA

Posted: 17 Jun 2011 06:29 AM PDT

Last night in Sacramento, CA, our dear Queen of Pop Britney Spears kicked off the first night of her much anticipated Femme Fatale Tour in front of a sold out house at the Power Balance Pavilion and, as I predicted, THRILLED the audience with a stellar performance! As you may recall, I was lucky enough to get an early preview of Britney‘s new tour last week and based on what I saw with my own eyes and heard LIVE with my own ears, I knew that Britney was going to absolutely SLAY the crowd once the tour got underway. Last night, the tour got underway and … Britney SLAYED!!! Click below to see photos from yesterday’s opening night performance to get a taste of what Britney brought to the stage. Check out photos of the merchandise that is available for sale and watch VIDEO in FULL of Britney performing the song Gimme More. Yes, it’s a wee bit spoilery but OMG how can you not look?!

Just moments before she took to the stage, Britney posted on Twitter this adorable photo with her boyfriend Jason Trawick backstage:


Here is a photo from the new Femme Fatale Tour book that will be on sale at the shows … as you can see, the book will feature NEW photos of our dear Britney:


Pink reader Kristy sent me photos of the merchandise that is avaialable for sale on this new Britney tour. There are t-shirts, tank tops, posters, a tote bag, a hoodie, the tour book AND an amazing pair of Britney Spears jeans!


Here are a few professional shots from the show. In order to keep some of the show a mystery, I’m not going to tell you which songs are being performed in the photos below … but as you can see, Britney brings the HOTNESS on this tour! Britney performed the exact setlist I posted HERE so if you really want to know the songlist, you can indulge:


And now for the most spoilery thing of all … here is video of Britney performing on stage, for the first time since 2007, her smash hit song Gimme More:


GAHHHHHH!!! I’M SO DYING!!! I was reading all the tweets on Twitter last night right as Britney hit the stage and I was just DYING … and I got to see the show already! If I had not gotten to see the show early, last night’s tweets would’ve killed me DEAD! No question. Every single person tweeting from the show was gushing their hearts out … Britney more than WOWed the crowd last night. Next up, Britney takes the show to San Jose, CA this weekend … and then she hits LA on Monday. I will DEFFO be in the house on Monday for Britney‘s LA show. I am SO freaking excited to see the show again … I can’t wait!! People … if you haven’t already, get your tickets to see this show. You simply cannot miss this show. Woot!!!

[Photo credit: Splash News; Source, Source, thanks Kristy]

No comments:

Post a Comment